Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E12: Something's Fishy

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Just took another look at Michael.  He's just so 'on the dark side' looking.  Hair hanging, beard, black suit, tatoos, earring.  That's just a lot to take in!

He has signs of really bad acne so I wonder if all of that is to cover up his scars.

I think Michael could use a really good makeover!  Might lighten him up and more attractive to a bride!

I totally agree! Put Michael in a time machine and cast him on the early 2000's "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"! The Fab 5 Team would have a field day with him! 😄🙌💯💅

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
On 1/11/2024 at 4:48 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

m leaving this show too after it ends! Irreconcilable differences- no request for spousal support.  It's not me- IT'S YOU, MAFS! 😭😤😄🙌💯 BLOCK and DELETE FROM DVR--- after Decision Day! 😅

I’ve recently discovered MAFS Australia season ten on the lifetime app on my smart tv. Both my daughter and hubby watched too and we steal enamored! We can up with a new verb. To be “Harrisoned!” The Aussie production moved much faster with many more couples & two new ones mid way thru. Once the couple breaks up they  are off. It’s so well done never mind the couples are so interesting with a million twists. Makes this snooze of a season very obviously the trite bore that it is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I’ve recently discovered MAFS Australia season ten on the lifetime app on my smart tv. Both my daughter and hubby watched too and we steal enamored! We can up with a new verb. To be “Harrisoned!” The Aussie production moved much faster with many more couples & two new ones mid way thru. Once the couple breaks up they  are off. It’s so well done never mind the couples are so interesting with a million twists. Makes this snooze of a season very obviously the trite bore that it is. 

I love Married at First Sight Australia 😄🙌💯🤩! Botched plastic surgery, fuckboys aplenty, thrown wine glasses, Australian insults yelled at dinner parties, sex and affairs, and knock down drag out fights! 📺🍿😄

Nobody minces words, pussy foots around issues or forces feelings on MAFS Australia- they shoot from the hip and move on if they don't want to bone or talk to a lackluster groom or bride.  I've never seen a full episode of MAFS AUS (I don't know where to find the series)- but I love to watch YouTube clips of it: I type in "MAFS AUS fights" and watch as I do my hair and makeup 😉💅💄

My favorite MAFS contestant of all time is MAFS AUS's Cyrell- she's funny, brash, small and mighty and full of explosive rage, one liners and cattiness! 😄 Also, I love that you, your daughter and hubby watch MAFS AUS and coined the term "Harrisoned" so great 😄🙌.  I love watching fights and relationship drama on TV and that's why I love 90 Day Fiancé- the creme de la creme of televised dysfunctional relationships! 💯💖

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 1
(edited)
On 1/17/2024 at 4:32 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I love Married at First Sight Australia 😄🙌💯🤩! Botched plastic surgery, fuckboys aplenty, thrown wine glasses, Australian insults yelled at dinner parties, sex and affairs, and knock down drag out fights! 📺🍿😄

Nobody minces words, pussy foots around issues or forces feelings on MAFS Australia- they shoot from the hip and move on if they don't want to bone or talk to a lackluster groom or bride.  I've never seen a full episode of MAFS AUS (I don't know where to find the series)- but I love to watch YouTube clips of it: I type in "MAFS AUS fights" and watch as I do my hair and makeup 😉💅💄

My favorite MAFS contestant of all time is MAFS AUS's Cyrell- she's funny, brash, small and mighty and full of explosive rage, one liners and cattiness! 😄 Also, I love that you, your daughter and hubby watch MAFS AUS and coined the term "Harrisoned" so great 😄🙌.  I love watching fights and relationship drama on TV and that's why I love 90 Day Fiancé- the creme de la creme of televised dysfunctional relationships! 💯💖

https://southhemitv.com/tag/married-at-first-sight-au-season-10/page/2/

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
On 1/16/2024 at 3:16 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I don’t think Emily should have torn down the shower curtain but a man will usually jump at the chance for sex with his wife. Even if they don’t know each other all that well. He’s just not attracted to her at all and he should have left for good if he was that upset about it instead of subjecting the viewers to that horrid hot tub scene. All the men this season seem a bit effeminate. Orion, the jilted guy, Austin and Brennan.  I doubt any of them really wanted to be married.

Maybe he was afraid that there was no way that she could properly consent when she was that insanely drunk.

I would never have relations with anyone that was so wildly out of control.

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Maybe he was afraid that there was no way that she could properly consent when she was that insanely drunk.

I would never have relations with anyone that was so wildly out of control.

I guess if he were giving it to her when she wasn't that drunk she wouldn't be accosting him in the shower like that! 😄

• LOL 2
On 1/15/2024 at 3:07 PM, kristen111 said:

And the “Experts” didn’t pick up on their immaturity?  

I don't think there are mature people who apply for this show. To let your life become that public for such a long time, it doesn't take that maturity to do. There have been couples who have actually stayed together but it was pure luck in my opinion. I mean, they "matured" in the process, they were not mature while applying.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

I don't think there are mature people who apply for this show. To let your life become that public for such a long time, it doesn't take that maturity to do. There have been couples who have actually stayed together but it was pure luck in my opinion. I mean, they "matured" in the process, they were not mature while applying.

I agree 😄💯! I'll say that anyone who tries out for this show is immature, impulsive and desperate by default, regardless of their intentions.  I think that the couples that stay together on this show are people who've settled and are convincing themselves every day that a manipulative and self-serving reality show somehow found them love and "their person" 😏.  

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I agree 😄💯! I'll say that anyone who tries out for this show is immature, impulsive and desperate by default, regardless of their intentions.  I think that the couples that stay together on this show are people who've settled and are convincing themselves every day that a manipulative and self-serving reality show somehow found them love and "their person" 😏.  

I have to disagree. I think that Austin and Jessica (DC) and Donna and Greg (NC) are all decent people who went into this for the right reasons and they seem to be solid couples who have gone on to live relatively normal lives out of the D-list spotlight. There may be others who aren't occurring to me at the moment but those two couples jump out at me as being different from most of the others.

• Like 9
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I have to disagree. I think that Austin and Jessica (DC) and Donna and Greg (NC) are all decent people who went into this for the right reasons and they seem to be solid couples who have gone on to live relatively normal lives out of the D-list spotlight. There may be others who aren't occurring to me at the moment but those two couples jump out at me as being different from most of the others.

Good points!  I don't know who those couples are, but best of luck to them.  I will admit that I've only watched 4 seasons of MAFS and stopped watching this show for years and years in between, so I'm out of the loop on knowing which couples lasted.  I read somewhere that the success rate for this show is 17%, so only a select few stay together. 

I don't think that this show is the right choice for someone to find a spouse- the dating apps, singles mixers, volunteering, meeting friends of friends etc are all far better options to find someone to date and eventually marry.  This show is a last resort for people to get married. 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I used to joke with a friend that a good way to meet a guy is to go to Home Depot, and later there was a woman on Tik Tok who said the same thing.  😄

The Home Depot is the perfect place to look for men 😄! I like men who can fix things and put stuff together.  Another place to look at men is the grocery store- I can spot single guys just by their cart or basket: frozen pizza, soda, Tyson Chicken Anytizers 😅.  The dating app called Bumble is doing free singles mixer events called Bumble IRL every week and my goal in 2024 is to go to a few of those.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I don't think that this show is the right choice for someone to find a spouse- the dating apps, singles mixers, volunteering, meeting friends of friends etc are all far better options to find someone to date and eventually marry.  This show is a last resort for people to get married. 

Oh - don't get me wrong. I don't think this show is a great place to find a spouse either. I was just noting that not every single person who comes on the show does so for the wrong reasons or as an impulsive, immature act. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

• Like 1