Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: The Grapes of Wrath

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm getting so tired of hearing Amy cry and complain about how tired she is!!!!!!!!  And she can't handle Gage even with Michael not around so how was moving in with Tammy making it any better?  She just doesn't know how to parent...PERIOD!   And where were the boys while Amy and Tammy were eating the quail eggs?

I can't believe Amy's reaction to Michael filing for divorce first.  YOU JUST WENT TO DO THE SAME THING! Make up your mind ffs!   I guess it sucks to find out he was just as unhappy as you were.    

Edited by swankie
Added another thought.
  • Like 9
  • Applause 8
(edited)

I'm glad Amanda and MIsty came through the surgery, and are doing well. They need to stop with the talk about Dr. Smith, that's so rude and inappropriate.

That rage room looked like fun.    Why did Amy and Tammy go to a restaurant without looking at the menu first?    I bet that restaurant regrets letting them film scenes there.    

I had to laugh (yes, I'm mean) at Amy crying because Michael filed first, when she was going to the attorney's office to file on him.    I think she thought she would get full custody, child support, the house, and everything, and the attorney explained the real situation.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1

I can’t get over Amy’s reaction to Michael filing for divorce first !  What a childish attitude….you went there to do the same thing and now he’s supposed to “fight” for you? Bitch, please. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 9
(edited)

Seeing them all sitting together on the couch, they looked all about the same size.  If Tammy could get rid of her loose skin, she'd be smaller than one or two of her siblings. 

We saw a bit of the old Tammy when Amy pushed her wheelchair into that street bump.  It could be Amy didn't see it with her poor vision or maybe was pushing too fast.  I thought Tammy overreacted and was quite nasty.  It was just like old times.  BTW, Tammy had better quit wearing those overly-long dresses.  She could have easily tripped on it while she was berating Amy.

And now I'm going to echo what others here have said:  

Yes, it's so inappropriate to hear Amanda talk about Dr. Smith that way.  How embarrassed he must be when he watches that back and sees her drooling over him.

Ditto on comments regarding Amy's reaction to Michael filing first, asking why didn't he fight for her and their marriage?  WTF?

And finally, yes, I'm oh so tired of the Crying Amy show.  Go to the doctor.  Get some hormones or anti-depressants or whatever.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 14

At least Michael will take the boys a few days a week, right? Then, Amy can get a break & some counseling. Her toddler is a real handful. She must have postpartum. She’s lazy and a whiner, but this seems beyond all that. 

kind of bored with this show. Wish them well, but not too interested anymore. I’d watch their skin surgery episodes tho. Especially Tammy. What a relief it would be to get the weight off her arms.

• Like 7
8 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

kind of bored with this show.

I hear ya, but in my case, I've never missed an episode since it started, so I guess I'm here until the last episode.  Lol.  But yeah, some of it is quite tiresome, like the millionth scene of Tammy telling a lame joke and Amy laughing uproariously and then responding with her own version of the same lame joke.  And then we have 60 seconds of them going back and forth about one of them mispronouncing a word.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
17 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I hear ya, but in my case, I've never missed an episode since it started, so I guess I'm here until the last episode.  Lol.  But yeah, some of it is quite tiresome, like the millionth scene of Tammy telling a lame joke and Amy laughing uproariously and then responding with her own version of the same lame joke.  And then we have 60 seconds of them going back and forth about one of them mispronouncing a word.  

Amy isn't as funny as she thinks she is.  I wonder if she thought she could threaten divorce to Michael to try and get him to change.  Little did she know he would beat her to the punch.  I think had Amanda stayed out of it there wouldn't be any divorce.  I dont think Amy really wanted to take it that far at first.  I believe a weekend of rest and relaxation would have helped immensely.  She just needs counseling and meds for her postpartum depression and a daycare for Gage a couple of days a week.  She really bit off more than she could chew having babies back to back that way.  

• Like 12
1 hour ago, swankie said:

And where were the boys while Amy and Tammy were eating the quail eggs?

Just watching this, and decided that the show people are expected to take care of her kids when  she doesn't want to.
And why in the world would Tammy choose a sushi place to take kids.
Surely there's a McDonald's or Taco Bell.

• Like 3
(edited)

It doesn’t seem smart to be smashing glass when you have bare arms.

What is it with these TLC shows where the female patients think it’s okay to objectify/sexually harass male doctors?  It happened with Dr. Procter repeatedly on Too Large or 1000 Pound Friends.  You can say someone is handsome in passing but to discuss their bodies etc. is just creepy.  

Gee Amy were you going to fight for your marriage and not treat Michael like trash when you were just about to file as well?

I think Amy and Tammy had their nephew and niece bring them to the restaurant and they had come back to pick them up so the kids had been brought out to the vehicle when they were slurping down the quail eggs.  

Just when Tammy makes me think she has half a brain (using collateral damage correctly) she has no idea sushi is fish?  Does she know beef is cow and pork is pig?

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

It happened with Dr. Procter repeatedly on Too Large or 1000 Pound Friends.  You can say someone is handsome in passing but too discuss their bodies etc. is just creepy.  

I've said this before. I've said he's handsome in forums, but yeah, to say it to his face or in too much detail. No.

• Like 8

I had to laugh at the beginning of the show when they were heading to the restaurant and the camera panned to a building that said "Comfort By The Cross-Eyed Chicke(n).  Not sure if that was the name of the place where they ate but I wonder what Amy thought when she saw it. 

I was shocked that Gage was running around barefoot in the sushi place.  He was barefoot when Amy carried him in and even though his pants were long and covering his feet it was obvious he was barefoot.  That is so gross not to mention unsafe for Gage.

Amy's reaction to Micheal filing for divorce first was mind boggling.  I don't think she really knows what she wants.  She needs help badly.

Amanda crying in her talking heads seemed fake to me. 

• Like 7
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

And then we have 60 seconds of them going back and forth about one of them mispronouncing a word.  

Not to mention the bitch-slut-ho-skank vocabulary contest on the couch. 

• Like 12

Sick to death of the vocabulary and “humour “ .

I don’t think Amy had any idea about how hard it is to take care of two kids born so close together but I don’t understand how her family isn’t talking to her about therapy and speaking to a doctor about how overwhelmed she is. She needs help desperately or the kids will continue to suffer.

• Like 8
(edited)

Maybe Amy is realizing that Michael did help even if not as much as she would have liked.  I also think it’s convenient that she doesn’t need him to push Tammy‘s wheelchair anymore now that Tammy is lighter and she can do it herself.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 7

I had 2 boys under two and we sure as hell didn't take them out to any restaurants til they were much older  That's just asking for stress right there.   Ok McDonalds maybe.  But we did takeout food for a looong time.  It's just part of having kids.  Jeesh...I want to call Amy and give her some damn Zoloft.   I'll share

Yep Amy wanted to get Michael before he got her and he beat her to the punch.  She thought that once she filed, Michael would want her back.   Tough pill to swallow .   

We waited til the kids were all grown up before we divorced 😏   Why did she wait so long?  

Someone else here mentioned how dangerous it is to be bare armed while smashing glass.     Hell yeah that's so dangerous!.  Even little shards you can't see will stick in your skin.    Ok I'm done complaining .   Happy New Year to one and all 🎉

• Like 9
  • Hugs 1

I'm sure they went to the sushi restaurant so the viewers could see them make faces and not know what things are. You can have a drinking game where you take a drink every time Amy boo hoos.

• Like 7
6 hours ago, LeesburgLee said:

Well, here's a crossover opportunity for Nicole Sister Pedro. 

• Like 1
(edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 10:05 PM, Gemma Violet said:

But yeah, some of it is quite tiresome, like the millionth scene of Tammy telling a lame joke and Amy laughing uproariously and then responding with her own version of the same lame joke.  And then we have 60 seconds of them going back and forth about one of them mispronouncing a word.  

21 hours ago, LeesburgLee said:

21 hours ago, Shelbie said:

Sick to death of the vocabulary and “humour “ .

15 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

I'm sure they went to the sushi restaurant so the viewers could see them make faces and not know what things are. You can have a drinking game where you take a drink every time Amy boo hoos.

As long as they keep receiving positive reinforcement for their behavior (i.e. a whole ass tv show), they will absolutely keep doing the same stupid shit over and over and over again.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:51 PM, Pi237 said:

At least Michael will take the boys a few days a week, right? Then, Amy can get a break & some counseling. Her toddler is a real handful. She must have postpartum. She’s lazy and a whiner, but this seems beyond all that. 

On 1/2/2024 at 10:34 PM, swankie said:

She just needs counseling and meds for her postpartum depression and a daycare for Gage a couple of days a week.  She really bit off more than she could chew having babies back to back that way.  

On 1/2/2024 at 9:37 PM, Gemma Violet said:

And finally, yes, I'm oh so tired of the Crying Amy show.  Go to the doctor.  Get some hormones or anti-depressants or whatever.

21 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I don’t think Amy had any idea about how hard it is to take care of two kids born so close together but I don’t understand how her family isn’t talking to her about therapy and speaking to a doctor about how overwhelmed she is. She needs help desperately or the kids will continue to suffer.

IMHO, Amy not only needs an antidepressant and counseling, she needs some parenting lessons - desperately.  It's clear she didn't have great parental role models herself, and she's not certainly not bright enough to seek out the knowledge and educate herself.  However, I do believe she wants to be a good mother, and she's miraculously managed to put herself in a situation where she actually has the opportunity and means to better herself.  She should also take advantage of her current situation and move forward with either hiring a nanny or finding a good preschool for at least her older boy, as I think having two little ones is a lot under the best of circumstances . . . and I definitely wouldn't call a household being run by Amy and Tammy the best of circumstances.

We saw a bit of the old Tammy when Amy pushed her wheelchair into that street bump.  It could be Amy didn't see it with her poor vision or maybe was pushing too fast.  I thought Tammy overreacted and was quite nasty.  It was just like old times.  

However, to give Tammy credit wher credit is due, she has stepped up this season and is noticeably less self-focused than she's been in the past.  I'm thinking that starting to regain her health a bit and some independence has perhaps freed up some mental energy that can be directed to someone other than herself.  Yes, she lapses back into it sometimes, but I have honestly been kind of shocked at how supportive she's managed to be of Amy and her other two sisters' surgeries.  

In any case, not really sure why I watch this show at all, as it basically sucks.  Ran across it months ago, binge watched all the past episodes, and now I continue to watch mainly because it's marginally more entertaining than all the other crap available to watch.  (Yes, I know . . . that's kind of pathetic.  I should read a book.  Or do pretty much anything else that would be more useful.  And yet, every week, here I am.  Sigh.  lol).

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 10

Usually I don’t like when Tammy and Amy banter with the vulgar names and sex jokes and potty references but the show has been so depressing that it actually has been a relief to have them.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SabineElisabeth said:

n any case, not really sure why I watch this show at all, as it basically sucks.  Ran across it months ago, binge watched all the past episodes, and now I continue to watch mainly because it's marginally more entertaining than all the other crap available to watch.  (Yes, I know . . . that's kind of pathetic.  I should read a book.  Or do pretty much anything else that would be more useful.  And yet, every week, here I am.  Sigh.  lol).

I am feeling so known here.

• LOL 3

My favorite part was Amy and Tammy going to a sushi restaurant then Tammy whining that she doesn't like fish. 

Surprised to see Amy eating with chopsticks.

Not blaming the boys, but I just know they both smell like old urine.

What was going on with Chris's bare legs when they were all sitting on the couch? Something ... but what?

I still worry about the little dog.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, that was Little Bit. In the recent episode where Amanda, Amy & Michael get into a shouting match, there's a little dog in several scenes. That's the one I'm worried about. You can also see a portrait of Little Bit on the wall in this episode.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, slasherboy said:

Yes, that was Little Bit. In the recent episode where Amanda, Amy & Michael get into a shouting match, there's a little dog in several scenes. That's the one I'm worried about. You can also see a portrait of Little Bit on the wall in this episode.

Oh I haven’t seen the new one.  You would think if they are overwhelmed with just two kids they wouldn’t add pets to the mix.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

She is the Robyn Brown of 1000 lb Sisters.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
On 1/2/2024 at 9:16 PM, jnymph said:

I can’t get over Amy’s reaction to Michael filing for divorce first !  What a childish attitude….you went there to do the same thing and now he’s supposed to “fight” for you? Bitch, please. 

Even though Amy wanted out, it may have stirred up feelings of rejection. Most people don't want to be left behind so easily even if they want to go. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Even though Amy wanted out, it may have stirred up feelings of rejection. Most people don't want to be left behind so easily even if they want to go. 

I could see that. I’m sure there’s a lot of grief involved. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think Amy just wanted Michael to beg her to stay with him.   She wouldn't have, but she wanted him to be devastated, and he wasn't. 

I could see her wanting the upper hand in that way. 

On 1/6/2024 at 3:29 PM, Showthyme said:

Quoting you again- humans being humans it could’ve been a little of both. 

• Like 3
On 1/5/2024 at 6:45 PM, Kid said:

She is the Robyn Brown of 1000 lb Sisters.

Amy probably needs counseling and medication. When she cries there are actual tears.

With Sobyn she dabs and wipes as she moans about the loss of her sister wives, but she never produces any actual tears. 😁

• Like 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

That Tomahawk steak Misty ordered is huge, but I'd love one right now.     Just the part Misty had on the bone.     At three pounds, it certainly would be a lot of meals to take home.    

Is it customary to binge-eat the night before bariatric surgery?  Protein takes a long time to digest, too.  I'd think you'd not only have to fast from midnight for the anesthesia, but the doc would also want your stomach to be empty since he's operating on it.

Of course, who knows what the real timeline is?  After all, it's "reality" tee-vee! 

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Dibs said:

Is it customary to binge-eat the night before bariatric surgery?

No.  In addition to the anesthesia, you have a pre-op diet. I’m thinking it was their “last meal” before doing the diet. 

• Like 3