Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Heaven Is a Place in Potomac

• Start Topic

Ashley's "Seaside in the City" housewarming party continues as Robyn shares Juan's response to her intervention. Gizelle prepares for Grace to go off to college. As Wendy organizes her two sons' first communion brunch, Nneka makes claims against Wendy's family. Ashley realizes too late that she may have misconstrued information about Nneka that she passed on to Wendy.

Airdate: 11.19.2023

Ashley realizes too late that she may have misconstrued information about Nneka that she passed on to Wendy. - Sure, Jan.

• LOL 8

I am just not feeling the Nneka, I wonder if that will change. Robyn used to be one of my favorite housewives, now she is one of my least favorites. Ashley is a messy ghost producer, I can't get with her. I've long lost Gizelle. Mia is a no. What has happened to Potomac?

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
2 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

So, Juan can't be see with the woman (Coach Bre, or anybody else) in public because of optics, but I assume seeing her in private is fine!

Given how little Juan cares, it's amazing that Robyn got even this small concession from him.

I can't believe Ashley showed up to a christening in that dress. I mean, good God, woman, you can put them away every once in a while.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

So far I don’t really like Nneka. Something about her isn’t coming off well.

Wendy’s mother does not need to be on my tv. She is gross. She’s up there with Mama Joyce for bad housewife moms lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3

Boring episode. Wendy’s boys aren’t twins so I found it odd that they were getting first communion at the same time. Seems like it was done for the show. The mom is an attention hog. 
Please do not show us more clips of Candiaces performances. What we’ve seen is terrible. 
Ashley is going to get her moneys worth with her fake tits. She looked ridiculous at the communion. 
Mia is sensitive now that Wendy called her slow? I think Mia is more low class vs slow but whatever. 
Juans getting front of the camera a bit more this season. 

• Like 7

Mia: Wendy doesn't try to get to know me and my family

She can't be serious.

9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

So, Juan can't be see with the woman (Coach Bre, or anybody else) in public because of optics, but I assume seeing her in private is fine!

This makes sense coming from Gizelle, cause this was her logic when Jamal was screwing everyone in his congregation. 

2 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

Ashley is way to obsessed  with her new implants. 

As she should! They're amazing! The way they were sitting up in that sun dress she tried on, defying gravity.....fabulous!

• Like 7
2 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

BSC

?

I for one were very surprised to see she has tattoos and wore a dress to church that showed them off so much and I did not understand anything she said, I mean I heard the words but they didn't make sense...she gave birth to the boys?

I do not know about communions but aren't those kids a little old for it, I thought it was something that was done when they would be much younger, am I wrong? 

If Wendy invited me to that event I'd have to sit that one out, I do not wear yellow.

Ashley cannot tell the truth if her boobs depended on it, she started off okay when she told Wendy that Nnew Girl Nneka didn't start the uso convo but she eff'd it up by omitting that she, Ashley was the one to start the convo.

And OMG, that dress Ashley wore to the communion...it was ugly and ill fitting, we get it, you got boobs but holy cow that dress was hideous, there were children at that event for crying out loud!

I have noticed that Gizelle, Mia, Karen and now Ashley walk leaning forward, they do not stand up straight, it drives me nuts. just watch the pilates class scene I know it is petty.  I scream "Stand up straight," when ever they are on camera, maybe I need help?

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Boring episode. Wendy’s boys aren’t twins so I found it odd that they were getting first communion at the same time. Seems like it was done for the show. The mom is an attention hog. 
Please do not show us more clips of Candiaces performances. What we’ve seen is terrible. 
Ashley is going to get her moneys worth with her fake tits. She looked ridiculous at the communion. 
Mia is sensitive now that Wendy called her slow? I think Mia is more low class vs slow but whatever. 
Juans getting front of the camera a bit more this season. 

My sister and I are two years apart. We got confirmed at the same time, as Wendy mentioned the kids have to go to classes every week for a couple months in advance of first communion. My parents didn't want to go through that twice so waited until the youngest was old enough so they could get it done at one time. I don't see anything strange about that.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

As she should! They're amazing! The way they were sitting up in that sun dress she tried on, defying gravity.....fabulous!

Not at a child's Communion event.  It wouldn't even be appropriate at her own child's Communion event.

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I for one were very surprised to see she has tattoos and wore a dress to church that showed them off so much and I did not understand anything she said, I mean I heard the words but they didn't make sense...she gave birth to the boys?

Wendy's mother likely means because she gave birth to Wendy, she gave birth to the boys.  If she never had Wendy, the boys would't be here.  I really didn't see anything wrong with what she said or took offense to it.

Wendy's mother has some internalized colorism going on and I can't help but wonder if negative reaction to her original skin color from people who look like Robyn, Gizelle and Ashley is the reason why. 

I don't think that's a discussion that should be had on this show because most of the cast is dedicated to pretending not to know what's going on.

I find it interesting Ashley's boob job was received positively but Wendy's boob job was viewed with suspicion.

Nneka...

The way I'm understanding the story she told was Wendy's sister Ivy had been contacting Nneka's husband's cousin to tell the cousin that Wendy was upset because she felt Nneka was using Wendy's name to socialize with the Potomac cast.  Sister Ivy called Nneka a clout chaser and Wendy was going to get a restraining order on Nneka. Then Wendy's mom called this same cousin in law to tell her to tell Nneka to keep Wendy's name out of her mouth and she was going to pray against her on her shrine. Robyn starts saying OMG VOODOO and Nneka rolled with the voodoo/shrine accusations.

Don't Catholics have altars/shrines? I'm not Catholic but I thought some Catholics have altars/shrines in their homes (as do many other religions).  I'm not liking this OMG VOODOO? storyline because it's ignorant and xenophobic and when Wendy confronts them on it they will all pretend to be clueless and not know what's going on.

In the words of Wendy, they are slow. They can't be uplifted.

LOL @  Candiace and her "Gurl I told you so" looks at the table.

LOL LOL at the Michael Myers music they played when Deborah popped up.

Wondering how Keiarna will be received by the rest of the group.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Nothing particularly memorable happened during this episode, IMO, so I'm gonna post about the various thoughts I had while I watched:

- Auntie Kern looks good. I don't know what she's doing, but she needs to keep it up. The only thing I didn't like was how closely her makeup matched her yellow dress during Wendy's event. What's going on with Potomac's cosmetics this year?

- Robyn looked gorgeous in that pink dress. Luminous. That's a great color for her.

- Gizelle's pink outfit had the opposite effect, IMO. I prefer Giz in blue. She pops in navys and royal colors. I'd like to see her strut around in some deep purple. She would eat everybody up!

- Ashley is working them titties out. I wonder if we'll ever see someone massage 'em. Ashley ain't the smartest chick in the world, but she does know how to do reality and keep interest. She knows anyone who's willing to film with her is for the streets -- and for a check. She'll probably keep any real relationships off-screen.

- Wendy and Mia need to move on. During the end of last season, Wendy and Mia were flashing coochie at each other, correct? Mia even hinted that she wouldn't mind dining on Wendy's dish. I take it that the kitchen is now closed?

- Grace Bryant is lovely. She seems fun and frisky.

- Karen and Robyn's agreement to not discuss rumors works for me. Karen doesn't want anyone talking about the younger, blue-eyed men she's allegedly screwing in bathrooms. Robyn doesn't want anyone talking about Juan's inability to even pretend to be in a real marriage. They both win.

- I'll never understand why Candiace entertains Ashley. She still wants to be her friend. Ashley will always walk through the door Candiace opens, kick Candiace in the teeth, and be upset when Candiace's machine gun of a mouth mows her down.

- Uncle Lump looks nice. He may be the one reason Ashley is only half a sociopath. If Mia had had an Uncle Lump in her life, she'd be a very different hoe today.

• Like 11
21 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Not at a child's Communion event.  It wouldn't even be appropriate at her own child's Communion event.

Wendy's mother likely means because she gave birth to Wendy, she gave birth to the boys.  If she never had Wendy, the boys would't be here.  I really didn't see anything wrong with what she said or took offense to it.

Wendy's mother has some internalized colorism going on and I can't help but wonder if negative reaction to her original skin color from people who look like Robyn, Gizelle and Ashley is the reason why. 

I don't think that's a discussion that should be had on this show because most of the cast is dedicated to pretending not to know what's going on.

I find it interesting Ashley's boob job was received positively but Wendy's boob job was viewed with suspicion.

Nneka...

The way I'm understanding the story she told was Wendy's sister Ivy had been contacting Nneka's husband's cousin to tell the cousin that Wendy was upset because she felt Nneka was using Wendy's name to socialize with the Potomac cast.  Sister Ivy called Nneka a clout chaser and Wendy was going to get a restraining order on Nneka. Then Wendy's mom called this same cousin in law to tell her to tell Nneka to keep Wendy's name out of her mouth and she was going to pray against her on her shrine. Robyn starts saying OMG VOODOO and Nneka rolled with the voodoo/shrine accusations.

Don't Catholics have altars/shrines? I'm not Catholic but I thought some Catholics have altars/shrines in their homes (as do many other religions).  I'm not liking this OMG VOODOO? storyline because it's ignorant and xenophobic and when Wendy confronts them on it they will all pretend to be clueless and not know what's going on.

I think the reaction to Wendy's boob job was mostly due to a) her getting them in the first place and b) the way she was constantly flaunting and exposing them in light of how she always represented herself as such an intellectual heavyweight. It was odd. Johns Hopkins probably didn't love it either. But that sort of thing is not surprising about Ashley.

I'm not a Wendy fan and did not like the way she was talking about her fake upcoming high-brow show, when she didn't even know what a PA is. The woman does CNN and is on a bloody reality show.

That said, she has beautiful skin/coloring and I wonder what she thinks about what her mum is doing to her skin. It is so bizarre! And sad. Not sure it had anything to do with people like G,R, and A. Was also suprised by her tattoos.

Also don't like this uso business either. It's just messy and wrong on so many levels.

Edited by politichick
to add last item
  • Like 9
20 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Her self image problems started before this show. From the time she first appeared on this show, I noticed her makeup was highly inconsistent. Now that she has done the bleaching, she looks like a boiled potato. I don't want to see her again, but obviously she now has a minor storyline.

• Like 5

@Baltimore Betty BSC = Bat Shit Crazy.  

36 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Nneka...

Let me officially welcome you all to the: African Mothers Thought Processes Support Group.  ::looksaroundroom::  Hi. My name is 'damo....and I'm a survivor.  

So, not only an explanation of heritage and biology, the real point is that we all understand that she's taking credit for this and subsequent events, because after all, without her, there is no Wendy.  And again, without her, there are therefore no grandchildren to have been communed.  So she's also responsible for leading the prayer.   Please resist the urge to point out Eddie and his parents.  It's shorter to let your African mama Mufasa a whole situation than force her to acknowledge the obvious.  Just follow Ivy. Get a drink and help yourselves to the refreshments in the back.

I thought the surgery Wendy had was to her booty but now thatcha mention it, her front is quite....alert.

Ashley's are nice but she's got such a small frame, I wish she'd gone like a half a size smaller.  I get that that's a real grass is greener situation though.   That thing she said about not knowing how to dress them yet.  Lol.  Yeah shit's all fun and games until you're ordering a double xl tank top for no good gottam reason.  

34 minutes ago, eXiled said:

Nothing particularly memorable happened during this episode, IMO, so I'm gonna post about the various thoughts I had while I watched:

- Auntie Kern looks good. I don't know what she's doing, but she needs to keep it up. The only thing I didn't like was how closely her makeup matched her yellow dress during Wendy's event. What's going on with Potomac's cosmetics this year?

- Robyn looked gorgeous in that pink dress. Luminous. That's a great color for her.

- Gizelle's pink outfit had the opposite effect, IMO. I prefer Giz in blue. She pops in navys and royal colors. I'd like to see her strut around in some deep purple. She would eat everybody up!

- Ashley is working them titties out. I wonder if we'll ever see someone massage 'em. Ashley ain't the smartest chick in the world, but she does know how to do reality and keep interest. She knows anyone who's willing to film with her is for the streets -- and for a check. She'll probably keep any real relationships off-screen.

- Wendy and Mia need to move on. During the end of last season, Wendy and Mia were flashing coochie at each other, correct? Mia even hinted that she wouldn't mind dining on Wendy's dish. I take it that the kitchen is now closed?

- Grace Bryant is lovely. She seems fun and frisky.

- Karen and Robyn's agreement to not discuss rumors works for me. Karen doesn't want anyone talking about the younger, blue-eyed men she's allegedly screwing in bathrooms. Robyn doesn't want anyone talking about Juan's inability to even pretend to be in a real marriage. They both win.

- I'll never understand why Candiace entertains Ashley. She still wants to be her friend. Ashley will always walk through the door Candiace opens, kick Candiace in the teeth, and be upset when Candiace's machine gun of a mouth mows her down.

- Uncle Lump looks nice. He may be the one reason Ashley is only half a sociopath. If Mia had had an Uncle Lump in her life, she'd be a very different hoe today.

Karen:  you almost slayed girl.  It's either the floofy hat or the elbow gloves.  Both is doing too much.....which is saying a lot a Nigerian party. 

I see t-shirt season's starting early.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

I may be missing it but I'm seeing people on social media going after Candiace for being cordial to Ashley in this episode too and I'm not understanding it.  She said she can be in the same room and be cordial to Ashley and she's wrong.  But if she was being nasty to Ashley, she'd be wrong too. I think Candiace's "I can be cordial and professional to a coworker" stance is appropriate.

Gizelle/Ashley/Robyn aren't responsible for Wendy's mother's skin bleaching but negative reaction to her dark skin color from people who look like G/A/R could be.  

1 hour ago, politichick said:

I think the reaction to Wendy's boob job was mostly due to a) her getting them in the first place and b) the way she was constantly flaunting and exposing them in light of how she always represented herself as such an intellectual heavyweight. It was odd.

Wendy presenting herself as a professor one season but an IG baddie the next is not why the group questioned her surgery.  They implied she got the surgery because she was insecure about her looks and afraid Eddie was cheating on her. So why isn't Ashley insecure about her looks? After all, she got the surgery after Candiace kept calling her "wide bodied". Did Ashley get the surgery to hook a new man? Did Michael request new boobs in exchange for the house?

40 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

That thing she said about not knowing how to dress them yet.  Lol. 

Ashley's not knowing how to dress situation has nothing to do with her new boobs because she would've dressed that tacky with or without Spaulding implants.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

I don't know what you mean, all I mentioned was the mother's word salad was hard for me to follow and that I was surprised about the dress she chose to wear to show off her tats in church...no idea what you mean about the colorism.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

BSC = Bat Shit Crazy.  

Thank you!

Just a note about Wendy's mother, I have read a few posts on a social media page about Mother Wendy, I had no idea that she was or had bleached her skin, (I didn't think anything of her complexion) and I did not notice that she was wearing blue contact lenses so I missed the reason for the discussion of colorism.  

Did anyone catch Eddie wearing a Happy Eddie sweat shirt in their scene at home? I thought it was funny.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Another thought
  • Like 8
18 hours ago, Axie said:

A lot of the Housewives have horrible mothers but Wendy’s takes the cake.  I really hope to never see her again.

There is someone really scary about that woman. I don't like her and would never trust her.  

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

My sister and I are two years apart. We got confirmed at the same time, as Wendy mentioned the kids have to go to classes every week for a couple months in advance of first communion. My parents didn't want to go through that twice so waited until the youngest was old enough so they could get it done at one time. I don't see anything strange about that.

For communion the children usually go to classes with students in their own grade. The fact that Wendy sent them together hints that she did this so she could have an event for the show. Confirmation is a bit different and isn’t always the same age the way communion typically is.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

For communion the children usually go to classes with students in their own grade. The fact that Wendy sent them together hints that she did this so she could have an event for the show. Confirmation is a bit different and isn’t always the same age the way communion typically is.

Did Wendy say she was sending the boys to Catholic school? I know she said SHE went. 

If the boys are in public school, no harm putting the older one in communion class with the one who is the proper age. If they were in Catholic school, communion class would be part of the curriculum. Second grade, I think.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Did Wendy say she was sending the boys to Catholic school? I know she said SHE went. 

If the boys are in public school, no harm putting the older one in communion class with the one who is the proper age. If they were in Catholic school, communion class would be part of the curriculum. Second grade, I think.

Wendy didn’t say where the boys are schooled or if she did I missed it. I can’t help but think this was done for a storyline. It makes no sense for both to get first communion at the same time. Like you said it’s usually second grade.

• Like 1

I don't know which church Wendy went to for the communion but it was nowhere near where she lives, I can't believe she would travel to Baltimore City when she has to pass 150 catholic churches to get there!  

Do we know which restaurant where they had their celebration?

I think I might be a location nerd.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, drivethroo said:

The difference was that Dr. Wendy presented herself as a serious academician with multiple degrees.

She then morphed into someone who was somewhat vulgar in terms of naming her new over sized tits; naming them; wearing ill fitting clothing to emphasize them as well.

It was a complete morph in terms of the kind of "respect" she was demanding from the women in the first season.

Karen said it all when she essentially rolled her eyes at what Ashley was going to wear. Ashley has nothing but tits to attract her meal ticket.

Not that smart women who are professors and political commentators can't be attractive but in general they don't present themselves as squeezed Into clothing resembling underwear. 

• Like 8

The church Wendy went to may have been the church she grew up in. Lots of people don’t join a new church just because they moved further out.

1 minute ago, amarante said:

The difference was that Dr. Wendy presented herself as a serious academician with multiple degrees.

Again, that’s not the reason the women questioned her new look. The viewing audience may have questioned how Wendy went from 4 degrees/professor to IG thot but the RHOP cast members directly attributed Wendy’s surgeries to her being insecure about how she looked and Eddie cheating on her.

Wendy didn’t blast Robyn & Gizelle because they questioned why a professor was trying to be an Instathot; she blasted them because they were implying You ugly/Eddie cheating on you/you rearranged your body to keep your man.

The fact that everyone (cast, audience) doesn’t question Ashley’s surgeries because they think she’s a ho anyway doesn’t speak well of Ashley’s character (or of the women who aren’t questioning her like they questioned Wendy).

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, politichick said:

I think the reaction to Wendy's boob job was mostly due to a) her getting them in the first place and b) the way she was constantly flaunting and exposing them in light of how she always represented herself as such an intellectual heavyweight.

9 hours ago, amarante said:

She then morphed into someone who was somewhat vulgar in terms of naming her new over sized tits; naming them; wearing ill fitting clothing to emphasize them as well.

It was a complete morph in terms of the kind of "respect" she was demanding from the women in the first season.

I don't understand why there's still this dichotomy of you can be this, but not that. You can be a serious intellectual AND look cute. Doesn't matter if that means full glam or a boob job or whatever. As long as it's your choice. I love that Wendy owns her degrees and owns her body/surgeries, instead of walking around buttoned up wearing glasses because that's the "expectation". All these damn boxes are exhausting.

Candiace comments on Ashley's large forehead. Me looking at Candiace's forehead and comparing it to Ashley's:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ex3dxkmzozn0cyagcuj

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Candiace comments on Ashley's large forehead. Me looking at Candiace's forehead and comparing it to Ashley's:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ex3dxkmzozn0cyagcuj

I agree with this.  While Candace was talking about Ashley, I was thinking, “Candy, you’ve got your own five head going on, what are you talking about?”

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

I don't like USO used as a storyline to attack Wendy.

The shrine is not voodoo, it's most probably Catholic. Shame on Nneka for claiming so. 

Karen still didn't want to hug Mia at her house. She also asked Robyn if she had an open marriage, and if she was legally married. The shade. 

• Like 6

Do we know which restaurant where they had their celebration?

It's called Citron and it's somewhere in Baltimore County on the water, per their website.  I looked at the menu and it's quite $$$$.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I'm disappointed in Wendy hurling the insult "slow." Since the 1960s it's been understood that the term is used to describe kids with learning difficulties ("slow learner"). Those kids suffer a lot of abuse, and now we have a supposed academic (assistant professor in the Doctor of Education program at the Johns Hopkins School of Education) using it to insult an adult.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, jalady said:

It's called Citron and it's somewhere in Baltimore County on the water, per their website.  I looked at the menu and it's quite $$$$.

Oh, thanks!  I know where that is, it sits on the edge of a water filled quarry, it is very expensive...Howard Stern was in town a few years ago and ate there, it is in a neighborhood where my Aunt and cousins live.  I admire it from afar.

It makes me think that Wendy schlepped all the way downtown to a catholic church for the communion and then had the party at Citron which is not far from 83, it was easy to get there.

48 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm disappointed in Wendy hurling the insult "slow." Since the 1960s it's been understood that the term is used to describe kids with learning difficulties ("slow learner"). Those kids suffer a lot of abuse, and how we have a supposed academic (assistant professor in the Doctor of Education program at the Johns Hopkins School of Education) using it to insult an adult.

But at the same time Mia outed her son on TV as having a learning disability but also she outed her mother as drug addicted so theres that. But still, she should not have talked about her son's learning issues on TV.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

But at the same time Mia outed her son on TV as having a learning disability but also she outed her mother as drug addicted so theres that. But still, she should not have talked about her son's learning issues on TV.

If either is even true. I believe little that comes out of that  faking cancer woman's mouth.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I'm disappointed in Wendy hurling the insult "slow." Since the 1960s it's been understood that the term is used to describe kids with learning difficulties ("slow learner"). Those kids suffer a lot of abuse, and now we have a supposed academic (assistant professor in the Doctor of Education program at the Johns Hopkins School of Education) using it to insult an adult.

I was disappointed, as well. I don't think I heard anybody using this term, at least publicly in a long time. Wendy did it deliberately because she doesn't like Mia since Mia attacked her at Peter's restaurant in Miami last season. I expect more from Wendy than from Mia.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
On 11/21/2023 at 4:00 AM, luckyroll3 said:

I don't understand why there's still this dichotomy of you can be this, but not that. You can be a serious intellectual AND look cute. Doesn't matter if that means full glam or a boob job or whatever. As long as it's your choice. I love that Wendy owns her degrees and owns her body/surgeries, instead of walking around buttoned up wearing glasses because that's the "expectation". All these damn boxes are exhausting.

Yes you can be a very attractive woman and still be a doctor, lawyer or college professor.

However - in my personal experience - most professional women don't dress in outfits in which their oversized fake breasts are being squeezed out of their scanty outfits. 

Ashley always presented herself as having relied on her looks as a way of earning her living - by marrying a rich old man. Nothing she wears or how she presents herself is at odds with how she has always been on the show. Showing up with her breasts exposed at a First Communion brunch is on brand for Ashley.

• Like 7
  • Applause 4