Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: A Royal Reckoning

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Woohoo! I'm the only person who watched this drivel!  Liked Patricia's IDEA about the "Royal Dinner" for those bunch  of losers but she should have done that dinner for the loser girls. MAYBE.

Speaking of the girls... Did I miss something? Were Olivia and Austen in LURVE?? Were they dating for 4-5 years and now Austen CHEATS on her with dingleberry Tay-tay?  Was I in a coma for all this time and didn't know it?

JEEBUS.  What in the hell?? I just cannot with this whole Olivia is  soooo hurt business.  I GET that her brother just passed away. She can be totally grieving, I get it.  Making Tay-tay & Austen pay for it....  Not catching that.

Also, Shep's face and snarky smile while divulging Taylor's DOG and her SHOES were at his house while looking at Austen was just weird. Then in the preview, he seemed like he WANTED Taylor again.  Maybe she should just play hard to get because Shep sure seems like he LIKES the chase.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 12
  • LOL 1

At their dinner date, Paige reminds Craig they have only dated for 18 months. I thought Craig and Paige were together for at least three years. I have obviously lost track of time. Craig and Paige have appeared on Summer House, Winter House and Southern Charm. The filming of these shows makes their relationship seem longer in time. I don’t mind seeing Patricia on Southern Charm, but why would a member of the British Royal Family invite her to a formal dinner at Buckingham Palace? What has Patricia done in her career? She can’t be that well connected or influential. Before she appeared on Southern Charm, I didn’t know who she was.

Edited by APK
  • Like 5

That dinner at Patricia's was interesting.  Those smoking jackets looked like robes to me.  The food looked delicious though.  I'm getting pretty tired of the regurgitated conversations about Shep/Taylor/Austen/Olivia ad nauseum!  Find something else to talk about FFS!  But i guess that's the only storyline they have this season.  And does Craig even like Austen?  He wants Shep to beat Austen's ass so bad.  If Shep has decided to turn a blind eye and move on, just leave it be!  That's the way I look at it anyway.

This is what those smoking jackets made me think of: 

carrietuxedoshirt-e1449002147743.png

Edited by swankie
Added an image.
  • Like 3
  • LOL 9

Not to be a hater, but holy crap was this one boring.  Didn't these people belong to Charleston society at some point?  Like, they went out and interacted with the public?  All they do now is sit around and stare at each other.  I'm sorry, but y'all aren't interesting enough to make that work.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 8
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I, too, would like to know exactly how Prince Charles and Camilla came to be friendly enough with Patricia, of all people, to have her over to Buckingham Palace for dinner and send her a piece of their wedding cake.  I'm not getting it.

I did enjoy Whitney being neurotic over the dinner and the guys messing up the house.  And I liked that it was Patricia who finally said she didn't understand why this group was all sleeping with each other when there's a whole city full of other people.

Can I ask why Austen and Craig arrived at Patricia's in a golf cart?  Whose golf cart was it?? Who in downtown Charleston tools around in golf carts???

Gotta admit, that meal looked fabulous. But I've always wondered why, with Patricia's house being so grand and over the top, the kitchen is hardly bigger than a closet.  That never made sense to me.

• Like 10

Is Rodrigo Whitney's boyfriend on the down-low? I mean, he adds nothing to the show and I am just wondering if he's there for a paycheck because he's Whitney's boyfriend. That being said, between him and Austen, he's preferable to Austen any day.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, mandymax said:

I'd be cool with that.  I like Rodrigo.  He seems normal.  

Agree, but just be honest. Enough with pretending your having sex with persons the likes of Naomie, or getting nudes from Taylor.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, mandymax said:

Can I ask why Austen and Craig arrived at Patricia's in a golf cart?  Whose golf cart was it?? Who in downtown Charleston tools around in golf carts???

Maybe DUI laws don’t apply? Do you even need to be licensed?

9 hours ago, zenme said:

Is Rodrigo Whitney's boyfriend on the down-low? I mean, he adds nothing to the show and I am just wondering if he's there for a paycheck because he's Whitney's boyfriend. That being said, between him and Austen, he's preferable to Austen any day.

They added two Rods the same season so I guess it’s Straight Rod and Gay Rod.

• LOL 6
21 hours ago, zenme said:

We've seen Rodrigo's long-term boyfriend on the show and he just talked to Craig about their relationship in the last episode. They've been together for, like, seven years. 

He adds a certain Greek chorus element that I've been enjoying. His face when Craig couldn't open that can of tomato sauce alone makes him a worthwhile addition to me. And I thought his reactions to Shep's completely weird behavior at the dinner this episode was amusing. He's kind of the new Pringle, I guess? A normal guy thrown into this weird incestuous circle. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Panda Bear said:

We've seen Rodrigo's long-term boyfriend on the show and he just talked to Craig about their relationship in the last episode. They've been together for, like, seven years. 

He adds a certain Greek chorus element that I've been enjoying. His face when Craig couldn't open that can of tomato sauce alone makes him a worthwhile addition to me. And I thought his reactions to Shep's completely weird behavior at the dinner this episode was amusing. He's kind of the new Pringle, I guess? A normal guy thrown into this weird incestuous circle. 

It is funny how people who were never invited to anything in the past are now invited to everything because they have been added to the cast.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
19 hours ago, LakeGal said:

JT didn't even get an invite to the Gentlemen's Dinner. 

He didn't meet the height requirement.

Was Craig wasted out of his mind before they even got to dinner? Did anyone else notice when he and Shep were talking on the couch how his glass would go from full to empty, to in his hand to not there?  Terrible editing.

Rodrigo seems totally fine and inoffensive but I guess I've completely missed what everyone else has picked up.  All this love and obsession over him!  I think I've heard the guy maybe say two complete sentences and make a few faces?  Certainly not enough for me to form an opinion.  

Boring, waste of an episode.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2023 at 9:13 AM, mandymax said:

I, too, would like to know exactly how Prince Charles and Camilla came to be friendly enough with Patricia, of all people, to have her over to Buckingham Palace for dinner and send her a piece of their wedding cake.  I'm not getting it.

I did enjoy Whitney being neurotic over the dinner and the guys messing up the house.  And I liked that it was Patricia who finally said she didn't understand why this group was all sleeping with each other when there's a whole city full of other people.

Gotta admit, that meal looked fabulous. But I've always wondered why, with Patricia's house being so grand and over the top, the kitchen is hardly bigger than a closet.  That never made sense to me.

She was probably married to philanthropist/banker/art collector Arthur Altschul at the time. Does anyone remember a brief mention about her being engaged again a season or two ago, or did I dream it? I thought there was a ring. Maybe it was a joke? 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 11/17/2023 at 10:13 AM, mandymax said:

The chef explained that Patricia wanted him to recreate the menu she had at Buckingham Palace in 1950-something! Which, okay, that makes sense that this was the quintessential 1950s fancy dinner from the beef Wellington to the baked Alaska. It was a little ridiculous that she was gushing that this is how the Royals eat. Yeah, 70 years ago! I mean, not to knock her. That’s cool and all. Somehow she’s on some mailing list as a former palace attendee who hasn’t kicked the bucket yet to have gotten a slice of wedding cake. But she’s acting like she’s besties with King Charles—and she wouldn’t have even met Camilla. To me, it came off as a little desperate to name drop from someone you met once nearly a century ago. That being said, I loved the doormat on the back porch: “Don’t bother me. I’m watching Bravo.”

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

It's funny on The Crown, Prince Charles talks about modernizing the monarchy, getting it out of its stodgy ways.

But he was hosting these dinners with old customs and handwritten menus and waiters serving from the left?

Austen was throwing cigar butts as well as pissing off the side of Patricia's porch?

Even if it wasn't suppose to be some mansion, that should offend any host.

Charleston society?

No they're just bros, frat bros without the societal connections.

Who probably agreed to be on TV because they figure they'd get a lot of groupies.

Shep was mocking Craig about having a family with a pool which is never finished.  He seems to suspect Paige isn't looking at Craig long term, even though Craig said he wants to be engaged by the end of this year or something.

Then he wants details from Austen.  Did he and Taylor tongue-kiss?  Did he grab her boobs?  Did they kiss before or after NY?  He's doing producer service here, keep the story going.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

God, that was boring and pointless. Craig definitely TRIED to earn his paycheck by BEGGING Shep to amp up the <very boring> manufactured drama, but, alas, it was to no avail. Speaking of pointless, thanks for including Leva to bark, "I'm Persian; he's Persian; we're Persian." Siiiiiiigh. She even has to bite off the new guy to get some screen-time. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, aghst said:

It's funny on The Crown, Prince Charles talks about modernizing the monarchy, getting it out of its stodgy ways.

But he was hosting these dinners with old customs and handwritten menus and waiters serving from the left?

Austen was throwing cigar butts as well as pissing off the side of Patricia's porch?

Even if it wasn't suppose to be some mansion, that should offend any host.

Charleston society?

No they're just bros, frat bros without the societal connections.

Who probably agreed to be on TV because they figure they'd get a lot of groupies.

Shep was mocking Craig about having a family with a pool which is never finished.  He seems to suspect Paige isn't looking at Craig long term, even though Craig said he wants to be engaged by the end of this year or something.

Then he wants details from Austen.  Did he and Taylor tongue-kiss?  Did he grab her boobs?  Did they kiss before or after NY?  He's doing producer service here, keep the story going.

🤣 Yes, and as a devotee of The Crown, I kept thinking of Prince Philip groaning, "Let's get this over with" whenever being forced to deal with the likes of people like Patricia as part of his princely duties. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I thought they said 1974 for the Beef Wellington meal (which would have been Elizabeth hosting, not Charles).  

Tellingly, the most interesting things to me this episode were that when Whitney put down Patricia's vermouthy martini, there was already a wet ring on the table, so Patricia had already been imbibing; the coir mat on the patio that said "don't bother me, I'm watching Bravo;" Craig flumphing around on the sofa he already stained in earlier years, holding a full beer and almost spilling it; and the terrible parking job the guys did with the golf cart--pulling into a spot that could fit at least three cars and parking smack dab in the middle, making it a lot harder for any other cars to park (if I did that on my Philly side street my neighbors would hate me)!  

I want that potato dish, not gonna lie.  

I learned how to make Baked Alaska in Home Ec. in around...well, I guess it was 1974 give or take!  I only ever made it once more, to show my family I could.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, JenE4 said:

The chef explained that Patricia wanted him to recreate the menu she had at Buckingham Palace in 1950-something! Which, okay, that makes sense that this was the quintessential 1950s fancy dinner from the beef Wellington to the baked Alaska. It was a little ridiculous that she was gushing that this is how the Royals eat. Yeah, 70 years ago! I mean, not to knock her. That’s cool and all. Somehow she’s on some mailing list as a former palace attendee who hasn’t kicked the bucket yet to have gotten a slice of wedding cake. But she’s acting like she’s besties with King Charles—and she wouldn’t have even met Camilla. To me, it came off as a little desperate to name drop from someone you met once nearly a century ago. That being said, I loved the doormat on the back porch: “Don’t bother me. I’m watching Bravo.”

Pat was 9 years old in 1950…the Chef said she had that meal in 1974.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, Vivigirl10 said:

Was Craig wasted out of his mind before they even got to dinner?

He’s 35 and he wanted to bang his hand on parked cars as they traveled past.

13 hours ago, mandymax said:

OMG, I didn't even notice! LOL.

Neither did Persian Rod.

• LOL 2

As a fan of royalty and a royal watcher I really enjoyed this episode and it's the 1st time in a long time I enjoyed Whitney.   The 3 piece suit really works for him.

I like both Rods but enh they're a bit boring.   I didn't even notice Rod and JT weren't at the dinner!

The smoking jackets looked like bathrobes.   Even though you can tie the jacket with a sash it just still fit better than that.

Chef's kiss to the dinner!  The chef with his beautiful tattoos did a WONDERFUL job!

• Like 5

Oh and golf carts are crazy popular in Charleston.   In the historic district where they're at the streets are narrow and it's usually easier to ride around in a golf cart.  Add the warm weather and beautiful scenery and you've got perfect golf cart weather 

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Like 6

On 11/17/2023 at 8:31 PM, MrBuhBye said:

They added two Rods the same season so I guess it’s Straight Rod and Gay Rod.

And neither Rod is interesting.  I’ve not heard either Rod say more than 2 words.  Why would they add them?  
Are there not any interesting, fun people in Charleston that want to be on tv?  I find that hard to believe.  I could cast this show so much better.  

• Like 4

Austen needs to not be on the show. He ruins it even more. His fake relationships and he’s the biggest dud.

What a boring shitty episode.

Craig was wasted when he showed up at the party. He’s the only one I don’t mind tho.

• Like 5

Kind of boring episode, but thankfully very little Taylor, or Olivia. 

I wonder if Olivia wants to "show" Taylor by hooking up with Austen.

The jackets of the guys were identical, and chosen by Bravo production. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, ZettaK said:

The jackets of the guys were identical, and chosen by Bravo production. 

They looked like they were purchased from Party City.  Kinda like they were doing a Hugh Hefner theme or something.  I googled smoking jackets and there are some really, really nice ones you can get but these just looked cheap.  That white stitching threw me off.  

I still liked this episode.  I think this has been a fun season and as annoying as Austen may get I still enjoy watching him on t.v.  Plus I've heard from people that have met him IRL and he is just a dreamboat in person 🥰

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
11 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I think this has been a fun season and as annoying as Austen may get I still enjoy watching him on t.v.  Plus I've heard from people that have met him IRL and he is just a dreamboat in person

Who, Austen?

• LOL 5
On 11/16/2023 at 11:24 PM, APK said:

[snip]
I don’t mind seeing Patricia on Southern Charm, but why would a member of the British Royal Family invite her to a formal dinner at Buckingham Palace? What has Patricia done in her career? She can’t be that well connected or influential. Before she appeared on Southern Charm, I didn’t know who she was.

Patricia very much has been a well-connected person, and had a career of her own. Google her. Until this show she wasn't a "celebrity" you would read about in the tabloids, she was a socialite who was well known in the charity circles.

Edited by RedHawk
Added missing word
  • Like 2
50 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Patricia very much has been a well-connected person, and had a career of her own. Google her. Until this show she wasn't a "celebrity" you would read about in the tabloids, she a socialite who was well known in the charity circles.

Well known, and important enough to be invited to royal parties (many others are invited, as well), but a close friend of Charles, or Camilla, or both to receive a piece of the wedding cake? Her last husband who she married at 55 years old was extremely rich. 

Edited by ZettaK