Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: My Dad's Big Fat Family Tattoo

• Start Topic

The family competitions continue as Whitney welcomes Angie and Jaime to North Carolina, but the bonding may go too far with matching tattoos; Glenn extends an invitation to Switzerland for his new family despite their inexperience with traveling.

Original air date 2023.11.07

• Like 1

Yeah, Angie is her 1/2 "sister" she is the one Whitney should be spending the time with. Not the constant competition with Jamie, Angie's daughter.   Whitney thinks she is a contemporary of the younger woman and is trying to one up her at every turn. Very sad!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Not liking this tattoo peer pressure. Getting inked should be a joyful or cathartic experience, not a pressured one. 

On the positive side-good on Whitney for her weight loss. And loving Angie’s open minded and enthusiastic personality. 

• Like 6

Let's hope the family trip to Switzerland is TLC's going-away/retirement gift to Whitney.  I haven't seen this much really, really bad reality TV since the last season of I am Jazz.  At least in Jazz's case TLC cut its losses and embarrassment with a mercifully short final season.

Thank God, though, for Angie and her daughter and their lack of the same family genetics propelling Whitney and Hunter to always dress like slobs.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I like seeing Glenn’s joy when he talks about and interacts with his newfound family. His genuine happiness when he was sitting on the porch and he waved when Angie pulled up, him saying how he’d love to be invited to Jamie’s wedding, these things make me smile. 

• Like 13
9 minutes ago, SDVegas said:

I like seeing Glenn’s joy when he talks about and interacts with his newfound family. His genuine happiness when he was sitting on the porch and he waved when Angie pulled up, him saying how he’d love to be invited to Jamie’s wedding, these things make me smile. 

Yes @SDVegas !!

And I thought it very telling in the preview shown that Glen finally basically tells Whitney off and says he was tired of her bossing him around. When she pouted, he told her he was tired of her angry face! Yay for Glen!  My only hope is this isn't the seeds of more seasons to have them "work it out".

Personally I like Angie and her family better than Whit & Hunter. There are similarities, but Angie is sweet and kind and not a braying a$$!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 10

This show ran it's course a few years ago.  I watched a few episodes last season before I pulled the plug & didn't watch at all this season.  Was shocked it even came back.  Exploiting a family death & her father's brief at a vulnerable time, plus a 50 year old indiscretion is just distasteful, exploitive & even a bit despicable to me.  She herself has NOTHING going on in her life.  

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Is it even an "indiscretion"?   Glenn was unmarried, had a relationship with another unmarried person, and a pregnancy resulted.   She made the decision to place the baby for adoption, as many unmarried mothers did at that time, with no input from the father. It appears everyone got on with their lives for many decades until someone decided to stir the pot. 

What pisses me off is the insistence on immediate family, including bestowing titles such as "Grandpa" on someone you barely know, when you already have a full set of parents and grandparents who have done the heavy lifting. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, princelina said:

Hopefully when they go to Switzerland we can see some sights and enjoy the trip.  I don't know who came up with the "storyline" of Whitney's "competition" with the niece, but it's stupid and I am not enjoying it.

A 39 year old woman constantly competing with her 25 year old niece seems really childish. Let it go Whitney.

Also, I'm glad Whitney lost 85 pounds but if she's 300 pounds and she's only 5'4"' that's not great. I looked up the BMI for that and she would be at  51.5

Over 30 is considered obese. Over 40 is morbidly obese.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

I love how Angie and the niece just noped out of the 'competition' by turning the whole boat around and heading back to the dock. Good for them.

Yeah she was several feet ahead and already paddling when she screamed "GO!" That was not a race--that was just another way to try to get attention back on Whiney.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I need to watch the scene of the 3 ladies getting their massage again. I was cracking up with what I could gather Angie was saying about disrobing! They even had sub titles! I thought Angie said I want to punch you in the face right now....or something like that. Was that at Jamie or Whitney? And then her comments about Whits boobs killed me!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

That banana and mayo sandwich made me gag.  That was just nasty.  I'll try a lot of things, but I would have taken a hard pass on that.  

Boy was Whitney pissed when Glenn decided to go ahead and get the tattoo.  I think she was so mad because Glenn did it for Angie and not for her.  I have believed from the start that Whitney is not as pleased with Angie coming into Glenn's life as she is trying to portray.  There is just a lot of passive aggressive and sometimes downright aggressive behavior from Whitney going on.  I do wish all of them had left Glenn alone about the tattoo.  If he doesn't want one, that should be respected. not this dumb peer pressure.

I hope Glenn gets to see the printing machine he talked about when he goes to Switzerland.  Whitney was so snotty about that.  I know nothing about printing, but I would love to learn about something like that from someone who knows what they are talking about.  And not someone who says Alabamer all the time.

And speaking of Alabama, Whitney has been constantly going on about the family like they are a bunch of hicks, but they demonstrate more class than she ever has.  And they manage to dress appropriately for things.  I don't need to know who wears underwear and who doesn't though.  I was struck by Whitney saying the Glenn raised two daughters who don't wear underwear.  No, he didn't and I wish she would stop pushing this dad and grandpa stuff.  Angie has made it clear that she is happy to have Glenn in her life, but that he is only a father by biology, not the Dad who raised her.  She calls him Glenn for a reason.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

And Whitney couldn't pass up a reason to get naked in front of the girls at the massage spa.   Like,  no one wants to see that!.   At least the girls were covered up most of the time.   Next week looks good.  Can't wait for that one!   Finally Glen speaks up to her 

• Like 9
5 hours ago, suev3333 said:

And Whitney couldn't pass up a reason to get naked in front of the girls at the massage spa. 

Whitney couldn't pass up a reason to get naked in front of the cameras.  Why she thinks everyone wants to see her naked girth all of the time escapes me.  She is the supreme narcissist of all narcissists!  

• Like 6
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I just dawned on me that one reason Twit wanted Morocco not Switzerland is the climate. She might actually have to wear clothes, real clothes and cover herself up! 

In Morocco she'd have to wear shirts with sleeves in the desert heat!  She's probably too ignorant to understand that, but you don't roll around in sports bras in Muslim countries.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, princelina said:

In Morocco she'd have to wear shirts with sleeves in the desert heat!  She's probably too ignorant to understand that, but you don't roll around in sports bras in Muslim countries.

I honestly believe she would be that willfully ignorant. Even if aware of usual dress she would dress how she likes and pretend no laws or rules apply to her.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I honestly believe she would be that willfully ignorant. Even if aware of usual dress she would dress how she likes and pretend no laws or rules apply to her.

Like Azan's "she's big, a little bit" GF on 90 Days.  PDA, too.

• Like 4

Finally caught up with this....

I just got back from a short trip to FL with a connection in Charlotte so of course as I looked out the window flying over Greensboro I kept thinking I was likely flying right over the Twit, LOL.  It had been a long time since I'd been anywhere in NC and with a 3 hour layover in Charlotte I couldn't help but notice how many big people there were walking around at the airport (and in wheelchairs) that would make Whitney look absolutely thin by comparison.  And the choice of food went from unhealthy to even more unhealthy.  It's pretty sad when a Chick-fil-A grilled chicken sandwich feels like the healthiest option, LOL!

On 11/8/2023 at 3:29 PM, applewood said:

Also, I'm glad Whitney lost 85 pounds but if she's 300 pounds and she's only 5'4"' that's not great. I looked up the BMI for that and she would be at  51.5

Over 30 is considered obese. Over 40 is morbidly obese.

The internet can't seem to agree on her height but most websites place her between 5'1" and 5'4", with most placing her at 5'2".  So that would be even worse!

On 11/10/2023 at 12:16 AM, princelina said:

I know, and you would think that at her weight she would love being in a colder climate just because of how uncomfortable it is being that overweight in the heat.  Just wait a decade or so, she'll jump at the chance to go to the Antarctic, LOL.

On 11/7/2023 at 9:40 PM, Gramto6 said:

Yeah, Angie is her 1/2 "sister" she is the one Whitney should be spending the time with. Not the constant competition with Jamie, Angie's daughter.   Whitney thinks she is a contemporary of the younger woman and is trying to one up her at every turn. Very sad!

Yeah, I was complaining about that a couple of episodes ago.  Even on this episode Twit kept herself at a bit of a distance from her half sister and now is blaming all of the competitiveness on her niece.  Yeah, right.  😏

Twit's a "shock jock" constantly pulling the same gags over and over again.  It's so predictable.  Any opportunity to expose herself too.  And the constant references to wearing no underwear were gross if you ask me.  I don't even want to think about how ripe she is in those spandex in the heat at her weight.  YUCK.  🤮

Oh, and the obviously fake drama about Glenn getting the tattoo - he had already agreed to do it in advance and this last minute turnaround was all for the show.  So predictable......Yawn.....🙄

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 11/8/2023 at 8:10 PM, Meow Mix said:

That banana and mayo sandwich made me gag.  That was just nasty.  I'll try a lot of things, but I would have taken a hard pass on that.  

That sounded gross to me too. Wouldn't any normal hostess just lay out a nice spread of some meats, cheeses, lettuce, etc. and rolls and let them make their own sandwiches. Provide some sides and desserts.

Then, again we're talking about Whitney. eye roll.  The woman who visited Tal house for the first time and jumped on his bed and almost broke it.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, applewood said:

That sounded gross to me too. Wouldn't any normal hostess just lay out a nice spread of some meats, cheeses, lettuce, etc. and rolls and let them make their own sandwiches. Provide some sides and desserts.

I think she was going for the "family tradition" angle, but if that's the best example of a family culinary tradition she could find (straight out of the Southern redneck cookbook), it's obvious where she gets her eating habits from.  The banana/mayo sandwich has its roots in the Great Depression with poor people in the South.  It's considered a delicacy but whatever.  A lot of food once considered "poor people food" has become a gourmet thing, like "offal".  When I was growing up my mother's Sicilian family ate raw shellfish, so I ate it too when most of my friends thought it was gross, so I guess if you grow up with something you might like it.  Still, I wouldn't eat that sandwich either!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I couldn't believe how polite they were first, when she forced that sandwich on them - probably hoping they would refuse, and then, in their talking heads.  There's a lot that Whitney has to be jealous of and let's add to the list that Hunter seems to like them a lot better than he likes her.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I really like Whitney this season. Angie and Jaime are great.

I don't.  Her competitive side is very unlikable.  Its even getting on Glen's nerves.  I can't believe she said in her talking head that she is not only a stronger competitor than Jaime but an overall superior human being.  Girl shutup!!!  

• Like 6
On 11/8/2023 at 9:10 AM, princelina said:

Hopefully when they go to Switzerland we can see some sights and enjoy the trip.  I don't know who came up with the "storyline" of Whitney's "competition" with the niece, but it's stupid and I am not enjoying it.

It's very uncomfortable to watch, I think.  I believe Whitney feels more threatened by a granddaughter for her father than for another daughter, who is after all grown and independent and "too old" for Whitney to compete with.  Glenn and Babs spoke often of wanting grandchildren, and here one is, and she's cute and not fat, with a sparkly personality--much more fun to be around than Whitney I'm sure.  Whitney wants to make sure Daddy knows that *she* ought to be numero uno in his life (numera una?).

• Like 2
  • Useful 1