Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Hot Poop

• Start Topic

I can't believe Jinder beat the hockey girls in a foot race when he could barely pull Suki in the sulky.

Speaking of sulky, I  don't think you should whine about someone pointing you in the wrong direction when you stop to see which way they were going.   If the hockey girls really wanted to play the game "right " they could have just kept driving.   The girls were just pissed they lost to Sukil and Jinder.

Also I thought Alain would be better at the pulling as well,  I guess he should lay off the weight training and do more cardio.  

Kudos to Sukil for nailing the father's of confederation challenge,  that was tough. 

I would NOT want to be the person who had to detail Rob and Ryan's car.

• Love 3

I think the Hockey Girls were just on a competition high, along with fatigue (not to mention stress from being the last at the Fathers task); that would explain their attitude. Hopefully a good nights sleep will settle them back down for the next leg. 

Another Speedbump task that was not trivial. I'd almost want elimination compared to digging in a pile of manure. Sad to see Alain and Audrey to go in the end, but they did run a great race. Not sure I'd want Sukil and Junder to win, but really I'd be happy with any of these guys winning it in the end. Sukil approached the Fathers task just the right away it seems. 

I'm a little disappointed no one did the Tater task. :( It would've mixed things up a bit more. TARCs been good at having and balancing the tasks and making them appealing to some teams. But with only 5 left (and 4 and 3 next times) it's going to be more likely to have an unused task.

Next week, Moncton and the Bay of Fundy. Woohoo New Brunswick! (Sponsered by DQ. We only have 1 DQ every 50 klicks or so it seems. :P )

• Love 2

I was actually hoping the Hockey girls would come in first, never thought I would say that.  I've been so tired of them winning every leg, but I dislike Jinder and Suki enough that I don't want them to win.

Speaking of Suki, the very first thing I would have done was to tie my hair back while doing the mussels.  I guess that's why she's on the race and not me.

• Love 1

I'm finding myself really invested in each episode and boy did the hour fly by! Really sad that my favorite couple got eliminated (at least they won one leg of the series). I'm not happy that the couple I dislike the most won another leg. I just do not like their attitude and as Mickey & Pete would say, Suhki & Jinder "keep harshing my mellow." They are like fingernails on a chalk board for me.

Mickey and Pete have become my favorite remaining team, which probably means they are next to be eliminated.

Kudos to Rob and Ryan for their efforts in what was a tough speed bump. They certainly don't give up.

• Love 4

I was squicked out by the manure task being followed up by the boys having to handle a food product.  I don't want those mussels.

Great leg none the less. The tasks are always interesting and challenging for the most part and I like all the teams.  

Don't like Sukhi/Jinder or at all, they thinking winning a leg makes them the best. No. I do give Sukhi credit though for the Father of Confederation memorization task, she did that really well. The pointing in the other direction game they played though was stupid and reminded me again why I can't stand them. Then Jinder's childish "you're just mad because you're second." 

• Love 3

Team Dude continues to entertain. I am a sucker for men with a sense of humour. And didn't Pete refer to Natalie and Meaghan as Nutmeg? I think I will refer to them from now on as Team Nutmeg.

I would never have thought there would be a chance that I would prefer the Sibs to win a leg over Team Nutmeg, but that is exactly what happened tonight. I can't put my finger on why those two bug me (even more than the sibs) - whether it is dull personalities, dressing alike 24/7 or their poor sportsmanship at times. They were really cheesed off when Rob and Ryan showed up at the first of the show. Geez ladies, those two have hardly been a challenge to your status. Lighten up. Even Sukhi gave them a big hug. And whining to Jon about the sibs trying to steer you in the wrong direction was just sour grapes. No one with half a brain would have fallen for something so obvious. It would be one thing to complain to each other, or to the sibs in private but to do it on the mat when they have won so many legs and only lost this one by a hair was just poor sportsmanship.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5

Well, he's not wrong.  M & N are worthy of respect, but whining about that is stupid.

I didn't hear any whining. They were asked a question and they answered it. Sukhi and Jinder have been whining the whole season long about why aren't they winning when they're the smartest and toughest and most traveled team and now their gloating and crowing is far more obnoxious than a second or two of exhausted exasperation from Meaghan and Natalie. Poor Mikk. She had all those names memorized very early on and would probably have completed the challenge quickly if not for having one damn vowel wrong.

I was so sorry to see Alain and Audrey go. They were so good at some of the tasks, particularly earlier on in the season, that it was strange to see them botch up others so terribly. But I like their attitude. I predict a happy marriage for them, even their fights are fun and neither seems to hold a grudge at all.

Prince Edward Island is beautiful. I really must get to the Maritimes someday as I've been promising myself for a very long time. I've traveled a fair bit to a number of far away places and haven't been there. Shame on me.

• Love 3

Just switch the teams around with the same circumstances. If Natalie and Meaghan had tried to fake out S&J with directions, their fans would have lauded them, saying "it's worth a try" and "it's a race, after all." And if S&J had whined at the mat that N&M had tried to fake them out, those same fans would have said S&J were being whiny and childish and need to,get over it. Which is fine, but it works both ways.

As the weeks go on, I am liking N&M less and less and S&J more and more. Although I like Mickey and Pete the most. They are so chill, they like everything and everybody, and are just going along for the ride.

I would love it if they won, but based on editing, I do think N&M win this thing. Their comments seem to be the main narration of most episodes, which seems like something the editors would do with the winners.

I always wonder how smelly the racers are after these poopy and fishy challenges. Their cars must stink!

Edited by SnideAsides
Boards on boards

Team Dude continues to entertain. I am a sucker for men with a sense of humour. And didn't Pete refer to Natalie and Meaghan as Nutmeg? I think I will refer to them from now on as Team Nutmeg.

I would never have thought there would be a chance that I would prefer the Sibs to win a leg over Team Nutmeg, but that is exactly what happened tonight. I can't put my finger on why those two bug me (even more than the sibs) - whether it is dull personalities, dressing alike 24/7 or their poor sportsmanship at times. They were really cheesed off when Rob and Ryan showed up at the first of the show. Geez ladies, those two have hardly been a challenge to your status. Lighten up. Even Sukhi gave them a big hug. And whining to Jon about the sibs trying to steer you in the wrong direction was just sour grapes. No one with half a brain would have fallen for something so obvious. It would be one thing to complain to each other, or to the sibs in private but to do it on the mat when they have won so many legs and only lost this one by a hair was just poor sportsmanship.

If you can say that you wouldn't be cheesed off at a team that you'd think would've been eliminated and quite frankly, should've already been eliminated, even if said team hasn't been a direct threat to you, then you're probably less competitive than the average person, which is why I'd be more likely to react like Team Nutmeg.

And like others have implied, I didn't get the sense that there was any "whining" at the mat. What I'm chalking it up to is frustration from a.) falling into last place at Confederation House and b.) finishing 2nd to the team that attempted to wrong you. Nutmeg reacted rationally given the circumstances & at least they honestly answered Jon's question to the sib's faces. If anything, Suhki/Jinder were acting like sore winners with the "you're just mad cause you're in 2nd" line. They need to remember that they won their 1st leg after using the FF, and that they only beat Team Dude and Team Nutmeg by, IIRC, less than 40 minutes. That suddenly doesn't make them the favorites to win. If anything, they're the team that deserves to be in the final 4 the least.

All that said, it was a great leg that captured the spirit of PEI better than they captured the spirit of Montreal. Alain/Audrey will be remembered fondly & I wish them nothing but the best in their marriage.  

• Love 2

My heart break over the Alain/Audrey loss is eclipsed only by my distaste of a Suki/Jinder win. I do not like them. I don't believe that I will ever forget the numerous legs and tasks where they expected other teams to do their work for them.

• Love 5
I'm a little disappointed no one did the Tater task. :( It would've mixed things up a bit more. TARCs been good at having and balancing the tasks and making them appealing to some teams. But with only 5 left (and 4 and 3 next times) it's going to be more likely to have an unused task.

My thoughts exactly, and I would add that Mass being a mental Detour just after the Province House HistoryBlock sealed the deal. I do wonder how the tots taste in contrast to the Gem State's.

P.S. After watching the episode and the Insider Clips, I'm still rooting for both Team NatMeagh and Team Atwal. (Is that what passes for a "confrontation" up north?)

Yeah, two big mental tasks in a row was not a good idea. I felt bad for Potato Guy sitting there, waiting... waiting...

Who is Team Atwal?

I loved Mickey and Pete being so thrilled to see Anne of Green Gables at the mat (of all teams, they are the last one I would think would be familiar with Anne Shirley) and then commenting on her hotness. Heh.

• Love 2

Not to mention Jon's paniced "Don't hug me!"... "Don't hug her either!" once he told them their position. That was a LOL.

It looks to me that they're driving to Moncton too; I wonder if it'll be the same cars? :)

• Love 5

I always feel bad when there's a Detour option that nobody chooses. Those people were probably so excited to be part of TAR and then nobody showed up.

Even though I'm firmly in the Nutmeg cheering section, I don't have a problem with what Sukhi & Jinder did, nor did I have a problem with it when the Frenchies did it. And I didn't get a sense there was any prolonged whining at the mat, they were just answering Jon's question. Plus, it's clear that these girls are SUPER competitive so of course they're going to be momentarily annoyed when they miss out on 1st place, even if it's not the final leg.

I'm so sad to see Alain & Audrey go. They're so adorable! I loved Alain making fun of their bickering. "I love you. I hate you! I love you. I hate you!" Hee!

• Love 1

Ryan's "inspirational" talk about how he survived cancer, so therefore he can get through anything, made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Am I a horrible person for wishing that his cancer returns because he said that?

I think he "learned" entirely the wrong lesson. He should consider himself lucky that he got through the cancer. It doesn't mean he has special powers of perseverance. Making that claim also implies that others who do not survive cancer are somehow weak and inferior people. In reality, surviving cancer has to do with many factors, such as early diagnosis, type of cancer, quality of medical care, and a whole lot of luck. Your personal moral fibre probably has almost nothing to do with it.

Edited by In Pog Form
  • Love 4

I was so happy last week that we hadn't heard the cancer story until then and now we heard it this week too....

Any whining is too much whining. If you are disappointed that you aren't in first then say just say so, but complaining that someone tried to point you in the wrong direction when you stopped to see where they were going is childish and turned me off the hockey girls.

Funny that last year and unpopular team won, maybe this year too.  At this point I am cheering for the dudes, even though I do believe their shtick is mostly fake.z

I didn't hear any whining.

Oh, they were definitely whining. Their poor display of attitude has made me switch from cheering them on to hoping they lose. I'm now for Team Dude.

They were asked a question and they answered it.

In an incredibly whiny, unsporting manner.

Sukhi and Jinder have been whining the whole season long

Sukhi and Jinder also being whiners doesn't excuse Nutmeg's whining.

Edited by In Pog Form
  • Love 5

Ryan's "inspirational" talk about how he survived cancer, so therefore he can get through anything, made me throw up a little in my mouth.

Am I a horrible person for wishing that his cancer returns because he said that?

I think he "learned" entirely the wrong lesson. He should consider himself lucky that he got through the cancer. It doesn't mean he has special powers of perseverance. Making that claim also implies that others who do not survive cancer are somehow weak and inferior people. In reality, surviving cancer has to do with many factors, such as early diagnosis, type of cancer, quality of medical care, and a whole lot of luck. Your personal moral fibre probably has almost nothing to do with it.

I'm sorry, but yes, you are a horrible person if you seriously wish for that.

This is not a tv show character, you're talking about a real, live human being.

As a cancer survivor, I can tell you that yeah, moral fiber has pretty much nothing to do with whether you survive cancer or not; I can also tell you that there is no right or wrong lesson to learn; it's a disease, not an opportunity for moral betterment, nor a college class. Nobody has to learn anything from it. And nobody gets to decide whether or not you learned the right lesson or you need to be taught again.

Ryan's (Rob's? Ryan's. Ryan's?) attitude is pretty common, actually, and not at all harmful to anyone: life has dealt you a shitty hand; pretty much anything else in comparison is a piece of cake. It doesn't imply that those who don't beat cancer are in anyway lesser, it doesn't imply that he beat cancer because he's in anyway better than anyone.

It's a thought I have on occasion too, when faced with the prospect of having to do something unpleasant, or difficult, or painful: I've gone through cancer, this cannot be harder. And most of the time it isn't.

Just don't wish cancer on anyone. And don't wish cancer recurrence: it's already any survivor's worst nightmare and constant thought.

But thanks for driving me to actually register and stop lurking! Hi, everyone.

• Love 23

The way I took what he said.

He didn't know he had it in him to fight and endure something like that. I know people who have fought some horrible diseases including cancer and some of them come out with that attitude. They didn't realize they were that strong. It doesn't mean that other who didn't survive wasn't strong it was just that some people don't think they have it in them to survive. People sometimes surprise themselves with how strong they can be mentally and physically.

I didn't think that team nutmeg whined. They were asked a questioned and answered it. I would have been annoyed if they put on a fake smile and said everything was ok when it wasn't to them.

• Love 2

I have never like Suk and Jinder, but I was on their side with the whole mat-gate situation. I vastly love Canadian TAR more than US, but the one thing that does drive me crazy (this season and last) is the whining about lying to other teams to get ahead. There is no need to help other teams, to tell other teams where something is, to not lie. The fact that the twins were bashed for hiding from other teams in China to keep the location a secret was insane. People would think I was horrible if I was ever on this show. 

I could understand the tone of which the girls stated "they pointed us in the wrong direction" if it actually worked and they had gotten lost for an hour. But they turned the right way, were ahead of them, and lost in the foot race. It has nothing to do with Suk and Jinder. They were all laughs about it until they lost. 

• Love 1

I think he "learned" entirely the wrong lesson.

Wow.  

I underwent radiation treatment for a brain tumour a few months ago and, while I'm still battling it, the radiation treatment has helped stem the growth.  The radiation treatment was also a fucking nightmare.  And, since then, whenever I'm facing something difficult, I very often think: "If I could get through that, I can get through anything!"  I certainly don't think that means I deserve to have my tumour start growing again. 

Guess I didn't learn the right lesson either?

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 15

And, since then, whenever I'm facing something difficult, I very often think: "If I could get through that, I can get through anything!"  I certainly don't think that means I deserve to have my tumour start growing again.

Thinking it to yourself is very different than proclaiming it on National TV. And you worded it in a significantly different way than Ryan did.

The way he was talking about it was in more of a bragging way - "I beat cancer, I'm awesome!" I don't really want anyone to die from cancer, but my thoughts amount more to "not yet you haven't" and thinking he should be humbled, not bragging. If nothing else, he's kind of jinxing himself by carrying on like that.

Edited by In Pog Form

Thinking it to yourself is very different than proclaiming it on National TV. And you worded it in a significantly different way than Ryan did.

The way he was talking about it was in more of a bragging way - "I beat cancer, I'm awesome!" I don't really want anyone to die from cancer, but my thoughts amount more to "not yet you haven't" and thinking he should be humbled, not bragging. If nothing else, he's kind of jinxing himself by carrying on like that.

Out of curiosity, I went back and re-listened to what Ryan said (yay for DVR!), because I didn't get what you got at all, and here it is, verbatim: "Surviving cancer has showed me that I can get through anything, so, any challenge that the race brings, I have a good feeling that I, you know, can get through it".

It isn't worded in a significantly different way. It's actually worded in pretty much the same exact way a lot of cancer victims word it, on tv, to ourselves or to our family and friends, except for the "race" word. Note also that he isn't saying he "beat" cancer, he's saying he survived it. Sorry, I really think you got the wrong message and read arrogance and bragging where there's only self reassurance and the need to make having had cancer be good for something.

• Love 9

Whoah guys, bad taste is bad taste and we'll be stopping this right now. Cancer is not a joke and no one will be suggesting otherwise. Posts will be deleted and no continuation of trying to dig out of that hole will continue. 

• Love 8

a team that you'd think would've been eliminated and quite frankly, should've already been eliminated,

Non-elimination legs and sheer luck are part of the race. No one still racing 'should' have been eliminated, or they would have been. Anything else is just subjective to the viewer, and heavily influenced by personal taste, I think.

I didn't hear any whining. They were asked a question and they answered it.

All I hear when the skinny faced one yaps is whining, but that's just my opinion. That being said, the only reason Jon asked them what was wrong was because of that petulant, sulking expression on her face. Then, in response, she whinged like a toddler. My goodness, I think that one even has kids. She has some serious growing up to do. I think had they played a sport in which they hadn't dominated throughout their careers, they might have learned a little about losing with grace.

Sukhi outshot that same girl on the ice. I am sure that is still quite raw in her mind, as well.

Edited by JustAlison
  • Love 1

Uh, moving right along...

I have to admit that as soon as Mikk started to complain about Sukhi & Jinder's attempted misdirection, I said, "Come on, you don't have to go there." It really had no impact on them or their finishing position. I can understand being frustrated, but the real issue was, how did their car arrive first at the pit stop, yet they got outrun by S&J to the mat? That had me floored. I like the girls, but that complaint seemed unnecessary. Even after seeing the extended clip, which made it clear that while there is no love lost between teams, they were able to leave the mat amicably.

Sukhi using that crazy mnemonic technique for the Fathers of Confederation ("Robert B. Dickey has a big...") was foreshadowed a few legs back when she was trying to memorize the names of the menu items at the Parisian cafe. Whatever works for you, I guess, and it worked. I was impressed in spite of myself.

• Love 2

Changing subject!

I really liked the leg, but then again, I'm really liking every leg. And honestly, I'm not super invested in any team, but I like all of them, and would have been sad with any elimination. Alain and Audrey really grew on me, and I really enjoyed seeing their relationship and the way they were clearly able to work with each other, get annoyed at each other but still very clearly love and like each other. (Also, they are both flippin' gorgeous people, oh my god).

On the Sukhi-Jinder/Natalie-Meaghan "controversy", I actually see both their points; Sukhi and Jinder maybe -maaaaaybe- had a chance to waylay the biggest dominant force of the season, and of course they took it, and I see nothing wrong with that. My head is firmly in the Sukhi-Jinder camp.

Natalie and Meaghan found themselves for the first time in the whole race in last place, with the possibility to actually be eliminated; they came back valiantly, and lost first place at the last minute, so they were frustrated and pissed off. My emotions understand why they recriminated for a, frankly very minor, slight against them.

Would they have won if Sukhi and Jinder hadn't told them the wrong way? Nah, they were beaten fair and square. I think rationally they know it too, but in the heat of a just-finished leg, that little voice who's inside most people's heads, the one that's very quick to point out every occasion in which one can feel mistreated, prevailed over the rational, level part of their brains. Also, they are very competitive, very intense and very athletic (obviously), so getting beaten in a foot race must sting a lot.

I don't fault them for that, really, just like I don't fault Sukhi and Jinder for trying to get any advantage they could.

Speaking of Sukhi and Jinder, the only real gripe I had against them was their tendency to try and get anybody else to help them; it seems to me now that they're simply very easily flustered people, and when they get flustered they tend to lose all of their confidence in their abilities. When they keep calm, and don't try desperately looking around for help, they are actually pretty competent. They also treat each other with respect and affection, and that's always a plus in my book.

Edited by Caelicola
  • Love 1

Even though I'm firmly in the Nutmeg cheering section, I don't have a problem with what Sukhi & Jinder did, nor did I have a problem with it when the Frenchies did it. And I didn't get a sense there was any prolonged whining at the mat, they were just answering Jon's question. Plus, it's clear that these girls are SUPER competitive so of course they're going to be momentarily annoyed when they miss out on 1st place, even if it's not the final leg.

My impression is that the girls are super competitive, but still want to run a clean race.  They didn't even u-turn anyone when they had the chance. I don't expect to see racers with positive attitudes like that, when I watch these types of TV shows, but it's so nice when it happens.  I may just root for them, if my favourites, the Muskoka boys, get eliminated.

• Love 2

But thanks for driving me to actually register and stop lurking! Hi, everyone.

*waves*  Welcome!

I was also impressed by Sukhi's badass memory skillz. She definitely dispels the notion that all pageant contestants are dumb.  I actually don't dislike her & Jinder at all. They seem like nice people and they've been entertaining to watch.  I just happen to like other teams better.

I also give Rob (Ryan? I don't know.) credit for having the self-awareness to admit that he'd be annoyed too if a team was saved from elimination twice.

That being said, the only reason Jon asked them what was wrong was because of that petulant, sulking expression on her face.

Heh. In all fairness, I'm fairly confident he asked her about it because production knows what's happening during the Race and fills him in on what he should ask about.  Also, I kind of think Mikk has one of those monotone voices and one of those faces that is just naturally kind of dour looking. I don't mean that as an insult, she's very pretty, I just mean, you know how some people's "neutral" face is more mad/sad than happy? Ugh! You know what I'm trying to say.

I just mean, you know how some people's "neutral" face is more mad/sad than happy? Ugh! You know what I'm trying to say

Yes I do exactly.  I was just explaining this to a younger co-worker today who asked me why I looked so sad, haha!  I said I had PBF-permanent bitch face!

Anyways I also agree that the producers are trying to make drama by having Jon ask her that.  i just wish she would have answered that she was pissed she screwed the Tapper/Tupper name, or even that she was mad that Jinder beat her running, but to reply "they pointed us in the wrong direction' was sooooo lame, boo hoo hoo.

I just mean, you know how some people's "neutral" face is more mad/sad than happy? Ugh! You know what I'm trying to say.

Yep. She has a major case of bitch face. 

Just wanted to point out, not BOTH of the girls were complaining...and in fact the nicer one in the back seat told the other to calm the eff down in the car. So I think it's an attitude issue, and it's exclusively the one's issue.

My impression is that the girls are super competitive, but still want to run a clean race.  They didn't even u-turn anyone when they had the chance. I don't expect to see racers with positive attitudes like that, when I watch these types of TV shows, but it's so nice when it happens.

I get this, but at the same time, I have to disagree with this idea of 'clean' racing. This is a television show, with all kinds of stuff influencing the end result, and none of it is a secret to the competitors. Utilizing things like u-turns, non-elimination legs, and misdirection are all strengths in this game. I have no idea why stuff like a u-turn, which is a perfectly legitimate in-game move, is considered 'dirty' game play.I consider it stupid game play not to utilize all advantages to win. 

Edited by JustAlison
  • Love 3

Totally agree. I never have ill will towards any team that tries to win the Race by using every means within the rules. If they mean "clean Race" in the sense that they didn't use any of the advantages provided, then sure....go ahead and run that race.  But I certainly don't think of it as "dirty" when a team does take advantage of them.  Lord knows I would.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd be a Jinder, pointing people in the wrong direction.

• Love 1

"I hate you! I love you! I HATE YOU! I LOVE YOU!"  Dammit Alain, just when you point out one of the great foibles of couples who race, you get bounced.  TABARNAC!  I'm going to miss those two.

As much as I cannot stand Sukhi/Jinder, I have to hand it to the girl, the woman is outstanding when under the gun.  

• Love 2

Yes, Meag has resting bitch face - totally. Even photos of her when she was younger...same RBF.

I think N&M have a bigger stakes in this game than just winning. They are active, carded, Team Canada athletes. They have, or are seeking, sponsorship deals. They are representing women's hockey to the general public. Winning the show is almost secondary...ALMOST.

Women playing to win are percieved differently than men, and rest assured N&M are aware of it. They are protecting their brand by not using the UTurns. That reaction (or editing) on the mat will be something they regret. Plus, as someone else pointed out: you don't get to complain about other teams whining if you whine yourself.

Totally agree. I never have ill will towards any team that tries to win the Race by using every means within the rules. If they mean "clean Race" in the sense that they didn't use any of the advantages provided, then sure....go ahead and run that race.  But I certainly don't think of it as "dirty" when a team does take advantage of them.  Lord knows I would.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I'd be a Jinder, pointing people in the wrong direction.

I am sort of the same way. When Meaghan first started talking about it I was like whatever. Then when she started bringing in sportmanship and playing dirty and crap like that I got super annoyed, She must be a great person to play poker against because I guess she never bluffs.

*waves*  Welcome!

Thank you! *waves back*

I get this, but at the same time, I have to disagree with this idea of 'clean' racing. This is a television show, with all kinds of stuff influencing the end result, and none of it is a secret to the competitors. Utilizing things like u-turns, non-elimination legs, and misdirection are all strengths in this game. I have no idea why stuff like a u-turn, which is a perfectly legitimate in-game move, is considered 'dirty' game play.I consider it stupid game play not to utilize all advantages to win. 

I absolutely agree with this. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you don't actually cheat, you're running a clean race. U-Turns, not helping other teams, yields when they still had them, all are parts of the rules of the game. You might get pissy when you have to pay a shitload of money because your boyfriend has a hotel in Park Place (and I'm speaking from experience, dammit), but you can't say he isn't playing cleanly just because it annoys you.

Edited by Caelicola
  • Love 3

I think Natalie and Meaghan (esp. M) have developed an entitlement complex, regarding winning this. They won most of the legs, they're ahead a lot of the time; to them, the race is theirs to win. Anyone who thwarts that possibility is somehow ruining it for them, which is true, but it never occurs to them, even once, that their wins ruin the race for others. Because they think they are entitled to the win. That's how they come across to me.

• Love 2

Nnnnnnooooooooooo! My two least favourite teams racing for the win and my two favourites battling to survive? That's too much for one episode.

I don't like the speed bump being a needle in a haystack task; it really should be a test of skill (parking a trailer, learning a song).

That memory task is quite possibly the most difficult Roadblock I've seen on any version of The Amazing Race (but don't ask me; my memory is terrible).

I wonder if Mickey & Pete's out of nowhere "winning would change our lives" admission is some kind of harbinger?

I have no problem with the players using every means within the rules to win. I DO have a problem with outright lying, like the twins did to Audrey and Alain. I liked the twins (and I liked looking at them!) and their u-turn didn't bother me but their lying did. That, to me, was dirty but it didn't turn me off rooting for them because I loved their competitiveness. I don't think Sukhi and Jinder's pointing was particularly 'dirty', but it was silly and childish and unnecessary.

What I don't get is why some people have been so fervent in hating on Nutmeg when they had a momentary lapse into crabbiness after losing an incredibly close finish. Those girls are winners and fighters and competitors and throughout the whole race they've been respectful and have behaved in an exemplary manner to the other teams, unlike Sukhi and Jinder who have been shrieking and screeching and bragging and crowing... and whining, all through the race. IMO, Jinder's gloating at the mat was every bit as annoying as Meaghan's grumping. But as we could see in the extended clip, it really wasn't a big deal to the racers themselves, certainly not as big a deal as some posters are making it out to be.

• Love 1

I think N&M have a bigger stakes in this game than just winning. They are active, carded, Team Canada athletes. They have, or are seeking, sponsorship deals. They are representing women's hockey to the general public. Winning the show is almost secondary...ALMOST.

I'll reply in the Nutmeg thread

For me, Sukhi and Jinder's competence in the last few legs actually makes them more annoying, because it makes their earlier whiny helplessness that much more unjustified. They now bug me for the same reason that smart people who pretend to be stupid for the sake of popularity or whatever have always bugged me. The bug me for other reasons too, but my current impression that they play dumb is my biggest annoyance.

That said, I had no problem with their attempted misdirection, and definitely rolled my eyes when Meaghan "tattled," so to speak (not really, because it was undoubtedly not news to Jon, but it had that feel). I like them, but if they spend much time next week going on about "clean" gameplay or whatever, I'm going to like them a lot less pretty darn quick.

I'm still pulling for them, but if they do go too far in that direction, my next favourites are Ryan & Rob. They're not always great racers, and they don't make for especially good TV (for the first several legs, I literally forgot about their existence every week the moment they left the mat. The presence of these two random dudes surprised me every single week.), but I think they'd be fun to hang out with, and I think they have great attitudes, even in seeming defeat. This extremely low drama level is, of course, why they're not particularly entertaining to watch, but it's also why I think I would like them in real life.

I think that Team Dude would drive me crazy IRL, but I love watching them on this show, especially when they have unexpected (well, unexpected to me!) flashes of real competence. Mickey being a track star in school surprised me, and it was great seeing him zoom past Team Canada on that racetrack! They might have been disappointed with third place this leg, but like Jon said, all they have to do is stay in third until the final leg and then zoom past the others yet again to get to the mat first. I think a lot of teams forget that point on TAR and TARC.

• Love 1