Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: My Big Fat Disastrous Party

• Start Topic

Whitney throws caution to the wind and plans a party for her 39th birthday, but there are hurricanes on the horizon; before she becomes a spinster, Whitney agrees to a blind date; meeting with Jessica and Lennie, Whitney makes a shocking discovery.

Original air date 2023.10.24

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Mollywolly555 said:

Welcome to Whit and Todd's pity party!

Seriously, if you’re old enough to have a receding hairline, you’re too old to be crying about your birthday party. “I can’t even eat the food! I’m taking my ball and going to McDonald’s!”

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

For everyone who's been wondering about the Frenchman - Ashley brought him up and Whitney skipped right over it.  Then she mentioned as her boyfriends "Lennie, Avi, Chase, and all downhill from there."  Other than insisting that she hasn't been "single" on her birthday for years - it's like he never existed.  I'm surprised that Avi is being acknowledged - isn't that embarrassing?  But I guess he did actually act like a real boyfriend for a while.  (From last week's post about things we are supposed to pretend never happened - another one I remember is her conversion to Judaism 😄. And the fact that she may or may not consider herself a Buddhist 😂 ). Also - are we just to forget about Heather and Tal?  Neither were at the birthday party and they weren't even mentioned!

• Like 13

Thank you,  princelina! I was wondering about the lack of women at the boohoo party, and totally forgot about Heather.  And Tal. And Todd-- until he showed up in a snit. I was surprised that Buddy came, but not surprised he came alone, given Whit controlling the big do or dud actually.

Did anyone rise catch the guy in the background rolling his eyes when Whit said she wanted guys without girlfriends at her next party? It was after the cake.

Whit going on about Hunter's dating profile and reaction to his horror about her wanting him to swipe right on her? She must be on something more than Ozempic to think that's anywhere near normal.

Her mugging... or making faces is not humorous or attractive, and neither is working to loosen the food in your braces after eating. Plus I never heard of nor saw anyone eating IN a swimming pool until tonight. No class whatsoever. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Seriously, if you’re old enough to have a receding hairline, you’re too old to be crying about your birthday party. “I can’t even eat the food! I’m taking my ball and going to McDonald’s!”

Both Todd and Whitney would be torture to be friends with IMO!  And did anyone else but me notice that she managed to throw in that she paid for everything at the party when she was commenting on Todd's behavior?  Pretty sad when your "friends" can't be bothered to throw you a party that they themselves pay for because they love you so much!  That pretty much shows how they really feel about her.  It's a shame she doesn't see what we see in her behavior when she watches this show. (And you know she watches!) 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

This ws the most chopped up badly edited episode ever!

I got the feeling Whit was very annoyed with Ashley when she met her at the restaurant. Something else was going on there between these two. Anybody else get that vibe? 

Then at her party hardly any of her friends there. Jessica's husband had to invite his not single friends who Whit doesn't even know! As mentioned, no Tal or Heather. Mostly men with 2 ladies, Jessica and Ashley. WTF was that mess? Whitney also looked annoyed at the party. There was no fun going on at this party. 

Maybe production wanted the party at the last minute and she didn't? 

Who does Todd think he is expecting to just show up at a party that was for him along with Whitney? He didn't participate in the food choices, paying for anything or apparently the guest list. He made himself look like a supreme asshole that complained about everything. Again, did production give him a last minute call and tell him  they needed him to stir up some shit so go over to this make believe party and make a jerk of himself? Looks that way to me. 

This has got to be the last season. They are grasping so hard for content it's painful to watch. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

It was a really awkward party. I agree, looked thrown together last minute and everyone going through the motions. Looked like it lasted 20 minutes, tops. And Whitney seemed very annoyed.

please, No more new people! Stick with the original gang with Heather and Tal etc. 

• Like 5

I am tired of adults whining about their birthdays.  This goes for Whitney and Todd and several people I know in RL who celebrate their birthday month and expect the world to stop for them.  I would have been happier sitting on the couch watching my favorite movie than freezing to death in that pool with Whitney thinking she's a great volleyball star now.

I'm embarrassed for her with this constant demand that people either go out with her or fix her up with someone.  That behavior is really off-putting.  I can see her accosting random people in the grocery store asking if they have a guy for her.  It's just weird.  Also, that one guy made it very clear he is not into her, so I hope she doesn't head off to Chicago at the end of the season telling everyone that he's the one.

And she needs to leave Glenn alone and let him grieve in his own way.  Grief has no timetable - she can't just decide he has to cheer up now.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I would have been happier sitting on the couch watching my favorite movie than freezing to death in that pool with Whitney thinking she's a great volleyball star now.

Haha stop it!  You're ruining next year's storyline! 😂

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

And she needs to leave Glenn alone and let him grieve in his own way.  Grief has no timetable - she can't just decide he has to cheer up now.

Whitless is so damned controlling and sometimes I feel like she bullies Glenn.  My mom passed away at age 62 and my parents had been married for 40 years.  My dad grieved just as hard as Glenn and I never tried to boss him around and speak to him the way she does to Glenn.  We waited for my dad to decide when to clean out our mom's things and let him keep the things he wanted to keep of hers.  Gradually he was able to let go and got back to his old self.  Whitless won't let poor Glenn be.  I'm soooooo glad Hunter doesn't put up with her crap.

• Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
On 10/24/2023 at 11:19 PM, Mollywolly555 said:

Whit going on about Hunter's dating profile and reaction to his horror about her wanting him to swipe right on her? She must be on something more than Ozempic to think that's anywhere near normal.

Her mugging... or making faces is not humorous or attractive, and neither is working to loosen the food in your braces after eating. Plus I never heard of nor saw anyone eating IN a swimming pool until tonight. No class whatsoever. 

Whitney reminds me of her very own version of Peter from "Family Guy".  Only in her case it's not fictional comedy, which is all sorts of cringey.  

15 hours ago, Pi237 said:

It was a really awkward party. I agree, looked thrown together last minute and everyone going through the motions. Looked like it lasted 20 minutes, tops. And Whitney seemed very annoyed.

I fell asleep 2 times trying to watch this episode.  I eventually gave up.  I see now that it wasn't just that, it was a disjointed episode that seemed slapped together.

13 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I'm embarrassed for her with this constant demand that people either go out with her or fix her up with someone.  That behavior is really off-putting.  I can see her accosting random people in the grocery store asking if they have a guy for her.  It's just weird.  Also, that one guy made it very clear he is not into her, so I hope she doesn't head off to Chicago at the end of the season telling everyone that he's the one.

Her behavior on this is getting ever more cringey by the minute.  Does she even realize how it's coming off?  Probably not, or if she does she doesn't care.  She was mentioning not wanting to be alone as she gets older but then does just about everything to make sure that happens.  I think she really hates herself deep down.  The only reason any of them have anything to do with her is because they have something to gain from it, as in money and TV exposure, and she knows it.  It's getting more painful to watch.

14 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He won't eat the Taco's at the party but will go to McDonalds. Real classy, Todd. 

I don't even recognize Todd anymore.  He doesn't dye his hair blond anymore and looks gaunt like he lost weight.  And his nose looks bigger.  He can't help the receding hairline but he looks like a completely different person, and not in a good way.

10 hours ago, swankie said:

My dad grieved just as hard as Glenn and I never tried to boss him around and speak to him the way she does to Glenn.  We waited for my dad to decide when to clean out our mom's things and let him keep the things he wanted to keep of hers.  Gradually he was able to let go and got back to his old self.  Whitless won't let poor Glenn be.  I'm soooooo glad Hunter doesn't put up with her crap.

I waited 7 years and when my Dad was still not ready to clean out my mom's things I had to intervene.  But I was gentle about it, not pushy and premature.  He was ultimately OK with it despite some grumbling and push back and in the end was grateful.  

• Hugs 2
  • Applause 2

Spot on in all regards @Yeah No

I think Twitney is a despicable, selfish, fame whore! It is all about her, her wants, her desires, being worshipped,  just HER plain and simple. The most egregious thing she has done in my eyes is her treatment of Glen and his mourning process. She somehow thinks she is in charge of him and she knows better, he should do just as she says.  Yes, she is grieving her mom too, but she has taken that grief and made it into her being the Matriarch of the family now, all knowing about everything and everyone. 

She needs to just sit down, take a seat and STFU!! Let people grieve in their own way/time and proceed with life in a way that makes them (not her) happy again.

She is not the Queen of all things/events/contests and everyone's lives. She needs to look in the mirror and start to get her own life in order. Or she will end up alone in her old age and it will be no one's fault but her own!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I am tired of adults whining about their birthdays.  This goes for Whitney and Todd and several people I know in RL who celebrate their birthday month and expect the world to stop for them.  

Hear, hear! Remember a few seasons back, when she whined about how distancing during Covid kept her from having a birthday party, so the gang had a drive-by parade for her? A grown woman (well, biologically at least) needing people clapping and cheering for her on her birthday - good grief!

Pathetic.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

She needs to just sit down, take a seat and STFU!! Let people grieve in their own way/time and proceed with life in a way that makes them (not her) happy again.

I'm sure Glenn appreciates Angie. She is a breath of fresh air for him.  and I'm sure Glenn is seeing the light the more he hangs out with Angie compared to how despicable Whit is. Of course Whit is spending a month in Paris so maybe her controlling her father is just for the show since she has no problem leaving him without her "supervision".  

• Like 6
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, LeesburgLee said:

Hear, hear! Remember a few seasons back, when she whined about how distancing during Covid kept her from having a birthday party, so the gang had a drive-by parade for her? A grown woman (well, biologically at least) needing people clapping and cheering for her on her birthday - good grief!

Pathetic.

Do you think it ever occurred to her for even a second to arrange a drive-by for Todd? You know she remembers his birthday since they usually celebrate it together. 

She only does "nice" things for other people when they serve her first. Like supposedly being Ashley's "birthing coach," or that stupid "blessing" dance they did when she was pregnant. She only cared about Heather's feelings about Buddy in the context that Buddy kissed her for a millisecond by accident in DC and when Buddy was struggling and wanted to visit Greensboro during his recovery, made him stay with her instead of his own parents, and had a conniption when Heather popped by unexpectedly, shoving him into a bedroom or whatever. To "spare her feelings," but really just to provide drama and make her the center of attention once again.

When she went to LA for the "Dancing Man" party, she took Tal. TAL! Who is a lovely person, but NOT a dancer. Her justification was that she took Todd with her to some other place (some small city in the south) for some other event. But Todd, who made her famous, doesn't get to go to LA with her to dance. She usurps his trip to NY to meet the Fitness Marshal, has a hissy fit when he teaches her dance class LIKE SHE TOLD HIM TO BECAUSE SHE WAS "ON TOUR" WITH THE GUY HE TOOK HER TO MEET! 

She has literally never done anything nice for Todd that we've seen, and he's shown up for her every time she asked. All those stupid parades and festivals that she was asked to film (fake, for the show), the ridiculous ballroom "competition," the RV where she refused to even bathe for several days, the "8K" (which he at least enjoyed, and was gracious to her father for inviting him on the trip which I'm sure TLC actually paid for). The one time he "let her down" was the dance battle when he was so injured he could barely dance, and he STILL danced for the battle, just couldn't do the solo. 

I don't know if something's up with Todd. There's wild speculation all over the place, he's on drugs, he's very mentally ill, I donno. I hope none of these are true and he's just had it with Princess's over the top "all about me" act. I wouldn't blame him one bit. 

While I really really really hope Todd is okay, it also wouldn't surprise me if he was having trouble with a substance. Look at everyone in Whitney's orbit: Tal, Buddy, and Lennie are all in active recovery. Whitney herself is addicted to food and probably tobacco. There are plenty of people on MBFFL's payroll that are not ostensibly abusing any substances, but that's still a large proportion of her so-called friends who have had trouble with drugs or alcohol. My spouse and I have a huge friend group, say 10 very close friends and 100 farther-flung friends, and of them (and including our families), fewer than 5 have substance abuse problems. With Whitney, it's closer to half. And that's just what we see.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

What did I watch? Whitney on a "date" with a (seemingly nice) man a decade her junior with a shrimp allergy eating shrimp? Whitney planning her own party inviting a bunch of non-single guys she's never met? Todd pitching a fit over tacos and going to MacDonalds? These storyline are such crap.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2023 at 7:54 PM, Meow Mix said:

And she was telling people that the restaurant guy suggested she go out with his son, even though it was actually Ashley who instigated it. Then she genuinely seemed surprised when the son didn't ask her on another date. WTAF? The 12-year age difference is enormous at that age; like he said, they are at different stages of their life, and that is not even saying anything about whether he might not find someone her size attractive.  

• Like 9
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm sure Glenn appreciates Angie. She is a breath of fresh air for him.  and I'm sure Glenn is seeing the light the more he hangs out with Angie compared to how despicable Whit is. Of course Whit is spending a month in Paris so maybe her controlling her father is just for the show since she has no problem leaving him without her "supervision".  

What's all sorts of cringe for me is that Whitney is in such denial of her age that she seems to pay more attention to her younger niece than she does to her half sister, who she should probably identify with more because of their closer relationship.  She acts toward the niece like a peer and rival when she is probably a decade older than her.  It comes off to me as inappropriate and pathetic.  But of course, she would feel like "less than" and would win no contests with a far more emotionally mature sister with 15 years on her and so keeps her distance from her.  Again, pathetic.

And being OK with dating a 22 year old when she is pushing 40?  She is again in denial of her age if she thinks that this is in any way a good idea.  She refuses to grow up emotionally so she probably thinks someone that age is just about on her level.  Whatever.  I'm sure the father set this up just to put his kid on a TV show but why Whitney was OK with it is yet another cringey thing.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

And being OK with dating a 22 year old when she is pushing 40?  She is again in denial of her age if she thinks that this is in any way a good idea.  

So, oddly, even though the father said the son was 28 at the time Ashley and Whitney suggested forced the date, Whitney later said that she thought he was really 22. And that's the number she was telling people that he was. So when she saw the son, that's why she wanted to see his license, because for whatever reason, she had thought he was 22. Maybe the dad has another son who is 22, and she mixed them up from when they had been talking with the dad some other time? Or maybe she misheard the dad originally when talking about his son, and thought he said 22, so when the dad said 28 this time, she just thought that was wrong? 

But that means that in her mind, the dad either can't remember how old his own son is, or he had lied to her and Ashley, saying his son was 28 when he was really 22. Either of those are odd conclusions, rather than to think "Maybe I'm mistaken, and the son really is 28, given that that's what his dad just said!" (And I don't think it's that she wanted a better story, so she 'decided' that he was 22 even though knowing he was 28, because it would then be revealed she was wrong, and she hates being wrong.)

I could see being 40, and 'going out' with such a younger guy, but not on an actual 'date', and just going out to have some companionship, do something fun and get out of the house, and maybe provide some life experience benefit to the guy, and maybe develop a friendship/mentorship. But to think from the outset that it was a real date, especially one not initiated by the guy himself but forced on the guy, is just absurd.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

This means I've been watching this show way too long, but I seem to recall Whitey and Todd having joint birthday celebrations, including shared cakes, back when Todd was more in her good graces, so I can see why he'd be surprised and hurt to find that this one was just "my birthday," according to his birthday buddy.  And unless Lenny is being fed lines to create controversy, he needs to get up to speed on this before trash-talking my boy Todd.

Also, I believe Todd is paid to come over to house- and pet-sit when she travels; I don't think he lives with her.  He seems thoroughly fed up with her and speaks his mind, so I can't see cohabitation working out well for them.

As for the water volleyball prowess, notice they just showed Whitney spiking, etc., the ball; not the net, whether or not it went over or there even was one, or whether anyone was able to return it, again if there even was anyone, when that was filmed.

The "date" was sad, especially when - after Whitney's words of wisdom about how just a drink is a bad sign, but ordering dinner is a sign it's going well - they showed both of them boxing up their entire meals to take home so they could leave, LOL.  I thought it was Whitney herself who asked the restaurant guy about his single son when they took Glenn out to cheer him up, er, so Whitney could get yet another free meal?

That said, I DO understand Whitney's fear of growing old alone.  It's not for sissies...

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 9

Someone mentioned about Whit and her date boxing up their entire meals to go on that date...lol.   he probably couldn't wait to get outta there.    ☺️

She is SO OVER THE TOP in everything!!  Her overly exaggerated facial expressions are so not attractive, .  And her sliding on the floor in that public place place...omg

As far as Todd being a childish weirdo at the party,  when he said he didn't eat tacos I figured him for much more finer,  leaner cuisine. Then he goes and gets McDs! lmao on that one. 

As far as the episode was concerned, Todd acting like an ass was the best part of it.   Now THAT'S reality TV!   Otherwise it would have been totally boring.  Bring it on Todd!

Jessica's hair???  Just........no. 

I like Hunter,  he seems like a nice, normal dude.

At least Ashley had the decency to wear a nice cover up when she was out of the pool.   She looked great    Not Whit tho,  the more naked,  the better, unfortunately.   I think the only part that looks thinner are her boobs. Not good.  IMO she needs to stop always wearing all her hair up in those tight bun thingies. It ages her.  Where are some pretty, feminine curls?  and those glasses she wears?  I had a pair of those in 1978.  Ughh.

I feel like I over snarked in this one ..

And what can I tell ya...  Lennie is looking good these days  lol

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
14 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Maybe I am misremembering but didn't this episode begin with her yelling at Hunter and Lennie about not preparing the bedroom for her Dad to move into? I wanted to tell her to do a little of the, you know, ACTUAL WORK! It doesn't count to boss her underlings around.

No, no! She's the Interior Designer of the Family, y'all!

6 hours ago, Dibs said:

Also, I believe Todd is paid to come over to house- and pet-sit when she travels; I don't think he lives with her.  He seems thoroughly fed up with her and speaks his mind, so I can't see cohabitation working out well for them.

As for the water volleyball prowess, notice they just showed Whitney spiking, etc., the ball; not the net, whether or not it went over or there even was one, or whether anyone was able to return it, again if there even was anyone, when that was filmed.

I was surprised she didn't say something like "I used to be an expert volleyball player, but I haven't played in years." She always "used to" be a pro or an expert at something (skiing, dancing, whatever). And I think you're right about Todd. He can barely stand being around her and it's been that way for years, I can't imagine he actually lives with her. He's probably fine with taking care of the pets while she's gone because that means she's far away from him. 

In a vacuum, I'd say Todd was a right ass at the birthday party, and Whitney was gracious to include him and scrape her name off the cake. It pains me to say that because I love Todd and don't really love Whitney (I tried to, though--insert "I was rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!" gif). But knowing what we know about our girl Whit, I wouldn't be surprised she and/or production set him up to expect a birthday celebration knowing he'd flounce out dramatically when it was everything he hated.

• Like 6
On 10/25/2023 at 1:19 AM, swankie said:

It's a shame she doesn't see what we see in her behavior when she watches this show. (And you know she watches!) 

Do we know if she reads here?

I'm just starting to watch this, but came here first, to be prepared.

• Love 1

Holy fuck, what kind of grown ass adult acts like that?  (Todd, I am talking to you).  Seriously, never, in a million years, would anyone I know act like that.  Not around friends/family, definitely not around strangers, and not a chance in hell in front of cameras.  Not gonna try and play armchair therapist and start diagnosing Todd, but I'm sorry, nowhere, under any circumstances is that normal behavior.

Speaking of abnormal, I don't really understand acting as if the Frenchman - who was an extensive part of season 9's storyline - never existed.  Now that Whit's getting "back on the apps," why not just stick a short talking head into one of the last couple episodes of Whit saying things didn't work out with the Frenchman?  Seems like an appropriate point at which to offer an explanation, and that would feel much less weird than the history re-write.

Which leads me to my last question . . . why exactly does Buddy almost always show up alone to Whit's events?  I seem to remember him insisting a few episodes back that his fiance doesn't have a problem with Whit - and yet, she clearly prefers to send him alone to pick up his paycheck for pretending to still be Whit's friend.  Could be she just doesn't want to be filmed, I suppose, but seems as though she's actively avoiding Whit.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Which leads me to my last question . . . why exactly does Buddy almost always show up alone to Whit's events?  I seem to remember him insisting a few episodes back that his fiance doesn't have a problem with Whit - and yet, she clearly prefers to send him alone to pick up his paycheck for pretending to still be Whit's friend.  Could be she just doesn't want to be filmed, I suppose, but seems as though she's actively avoiding Whit et al.

If I were Buddy's Fiancée, I wouldn't go anywhere near being on this show!! I don't blame her one bit for not choosing to be seen on Twit's $hitshow!!  Yeah Buddy is probably doing it for the $$ and if he is getting married, he probably wants to stash away as much $$ as possible. I don't blame him for that either.   

• Like 7
2 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Holy fuck, what kind of grown ass adult acts like that?  (Todd, I am talking to you).  Seriously, never, in a million years, would anyone I know act like that.  Not around friends/family, definitely not around strangers, and not a chance in hell in front of cameras.  Not gonna try and play armchair therapist and start diagnosing Todd, but I'm sorry, nowhere, under any circumstances is that normal behavior.

Speaking of abnormal, I don't really understand acting as if the Frenchman - who was an extensive part of season 9's storyline - never existed.  Now that Whit's getting "back on the apps," why not just stick a short talking head into one of the last couple episodes of Whit saying things didn't work out with the Frenchman?  Seems like an appropriate point at which to offer an explanation, and that would feel much less weird than the history re-write.

Which leads me to my last question . . . why exactly does Buddy almost always show up alone to Whit's events?  I seem to remember him insisting a few episodes back that his fiance doesn't have a problem with Whit - and yet, she clearly prefers to send him alone to pick up his paycheck for pretending to still be Whit's friend.  Could be she just doesn't want to be filmed, I suppose, but seems as though she's actively avoiding Whit.

Not everyone wants to appear on camera. I don’t know what sort of work she does, but she may not want to be that “discoverable”. And we know that these shows get heavily edited to fit a storyline, and maybe she doesn’t want to go along with the “character”they want her to be. 

• Like 7

I don't recall Todd acting like an asshole before, just taking the dance class and doing the grunt work for it.
Whit's too wayyyy too old for a birthday party every year, but maybe Todd was hired to give a tiny bit of interest to this  show, whose shelf-life expired about 5 years ago.
So will she make enough money from the show, and/or inheritance, so she'll never have to get a job?  
Gienn should split his money between Hunter and Angie.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Didn't Whitney say in order for Angie to appear on her show she had to say she would not go after any inheritance? Not sure that could be binding for Glen though, it is his money, not Twit's. Not sure she could make him do that...of course she is so bossy and controlling to Glen maybe she could pressure him into it!! She is so selfish!

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 3

Angie has no standing to pursue any inheritance.  Her legal ties to Glenn were severed when she was adopted, so she isn't legally entitled to anything. Glenn is, of course, free to leave her anything he chooses in his will, just like he could do with any other person.  

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
On 10/26/2023 at 12:11 PM, Gramto6 said:

Spot on in all regards @Yeah No

I think Twitney is a despicable, selfish, fame whore! It is all about her, her wants, her desires, being worshipped,  just HER plain and simple. The most egregious thing she has done in my eyes is her treatment of Glen and his mourning process. She somehow thinks she is in charge of him and she knows better, he should do just as she says.  Yes, she is grieving her mom too, but she has taken that grief and made it into her being the Matriarch of the family now, all knowing about everything and everyone. 

She is not the Queen of all things/events/contests and everyone's lives. She needs to look in the mirror and start to get her own life in order. Or she will end up alone in her old age and it will be no one's fault but her own!

From your lips to Whitney's ears!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Quof said:

Angie has no standing to pursue any inheritance.  Her legal ties to Glenn were severed when she was adopted, so she isn't legally entitled to anything. Glenn is, of course, free to leave her anything he chooses in his will, just like he could do with any other person.  

Yes, of course, but I can see Glen maybe wanting to leave a little something to Angie just as a token of their meeting and enjoying each other's company. And maybe in the very back of his head a little guilt for somehow not being part of her life sooner.

I'm sure Twit would be gnashing her teeth and trying to fight it tooth and nail, if it were to happen. I just hope if it does come to that, that he makes any gift to Angie ironclad with no room for Twit to somehow overthrow it. Best would be if he didn't tell her but told his attorney in no way does he want this bequeath voided.

• Like 3
On 10/28/2023 at 10:31 PM, auntjess said:

I don't recall Todd acting like an asshole before, just taking the dance class and doing the grunt work for it.

I'm actually straining to remember a time when Todd didn't act a little bit like an asshole.  In this episode he really went over the top, though.  It's starting to feel really off to me, especially since the change in his appearance.  As much as I loathe Whitney the tension between them may not be all her fault.  In previous seasons he was downright bashing her in his talking heads.  If he has that much of a problem with her, then why is he still on the show and sitting her pets?  For the money?  I can't fault him for that but he should at least show some discretion about biting the hand that feeds him.  I actually agree with the poster above that she has been quite gracious with him in spite of all that.  It makes me think she feels sorry for him and/or guilty about her part in their falling out and that there is probably more to the story about him than we are aware.  I think even narcissistic ol' Whitney has a conscience when it comes to him.  She knows he's the one that made her famous so she wouldn't feel right about cutting him off from the show altogether no matter what.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Yes, of course, but I can see Glen maybe wanting to leave a little something to Angie just as a token of their meeting and enjoying each other's company. And maybe in the very back of his head a little guilt for somehow not being part of her life sooner.

I'm sure Twit would be gnashing her teeth and trying to fight it tooth and nail, if it were to happen. I just hope if it does come to that, that he makes any gift to Angie ironclad with no room for Twit to somehow overthrow it. Best would be if he didn't tell her but told his attorney in no way does he want this bequeath voided.

You might be right, but I can actually see Angie telling Glenn not to feel obligated to give her anything because she is already well taken care of and doesn't want to get between him and his later children.  She has actually made it sound like the parents that raised her were wonderful so I don't doubt that they intend to give her a decent inheritance.  Glenn may still want to leave her something but it could be an amount that wouldn't feel threatening to his later children.  I can even see him asking them how much they would feel comfortable with him leaving her if he decided to do that.   Whitney could still get her rather large granny panties in a twist over it, though, and I can see her strong arming her own father into agreeing not to give her anything (or that much) in exchange for something like being on the show.  When it comes to him though, as immature and self centered as she can be there are times she does show some genuine caring for him, so I'm still not convinced about which way she would go on this.

• Like 3

@Yeah No yeah, I just don't think we have seen all that is going on between Angie/Glen/Twit & Hunter to have any real opinion on how things could go re inheritance. It is pretty obvious that Twit is threatened by the Glen/Angie relationship and that may be her driving factor it trying to totally control Glen's grieving and healing "activities". She is just so darned obnoxious in all she does!!

• Like 5

I think Todd and Whit may know "where the bodies are buried" so to speak about  past transgressions,  and they may not want to piss each other off too much.  

On the other hand,  it seems that  Whit has no shame,  so maybe she's just a jerk to Todd. Yep,  Door Number 2,  Pat.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

You might be right, but I can actually see Angie telling Glenn not to feel obligated to give her anything because she is already well taken care of and doesn't want to get between him and his later children.  She has actually made it sound like the parents that raised her were wonderful so I don't doubt that they intend to give her a decent inheritance. 

Plenty of wonderful parents either aren’t able or just don’t choose to leave their kids a financial windfall. As things get more expensive and people live longer, it’s harder and harder not to burn through just about everything by end of life. It’s great if they can but not always feasible.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Plenty of wonderful parents either aren’t able or just don’t choose to leave their kids a financial windfall. As things get more expensive and people live longer, it’s harder and harder not to burn through just about everything by end of life. It’s great if they can but not always feasible.

Yup that's always a possibility too.  And a familiar one.  A good friend and trust fund baby ended up not inheriting half as much as he thought he would because his rich aunt lived to be 100 and by the time she died a lot of money had gone for her care in the assisted living facility and nursing home.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Good point...  It's true that everyone just assumes the generation ahead of them will be leaving money, in greater or lesser amounts, to the younger one.  In fact, there's no guarantee there will be any money left and, more importantly, there's no OBLIGATION to leave any to anyone.  It's your money, you earned it, you should enjoy it!  Or leave it to your favorite charity, which could probably make better use of it than your children.  That goes double for Glennthore.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 3
On 10/27/2023 at 6:23 PM, suev3333 said:

Jessica's hair???  Just........no. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one at odds with her hair.  And not only the crazy blue,  it always looks like she doesn't know what a  comb and brush are.  

• Like 5