Type keyword(s) to search

Season 25 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

Izzy's poor sportsmanship didn't have anything to do with physical contact.  She doesn't have to hug anyone she doesn't want to hug.  Her words were the problem.

Agreed. She was just being a normal dick, not a physically violent dick. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, SummerDreams said:

Yeah I think she stopped having fun but it was her fault. You can't have personal relationships with people while making them look like fools. This is what she did with Jag, he believed in 7 deadly sins and she didn;t even remember she had this alliance with him. I mean, yeah, everyone lies, but she was playing the mother to everyone while stabbing them in the back.

Or maybe the DR has given her hints that she and her son are not that well perceived from the audience and she wants out.

I think it finally dawned on Cirie that if she and Jared reached F2 , ALL of the others would feel ripped off and deceived. Her status as some kind of Survivor legend would be gone, replaced by the memory of the time a duo won against a house full of singles who had no chance.

If one of them goes pretty far and the other wins, houseguests will still be pissed at  the unfair advantage  they had. Going out now, and revealing their relationship on the way out, would preserve the relationships and the reputation she has built. At least to some extent.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Jillibean said:

If she orchestrates her own eviction, she gets a triple benefit: possibly resuscitating Jared's game, going home and not to jury, and maintaining her legacy by creating a portrait for the viewing audience of a devoted mother taking the hit for her son.

I don't think viewers will see it as a selfless act.  There is an overall sense of viewer fatigue with both of them.  Their twist in the game is not popular.  This is her 6th reality show competition.  I want to see someone else given a chance.

And please CBS, no Amazing Race with anyone from this family.  And no to Jared for The Challenge.

Edited by inandout
  • Like 20
  • Applause 2
18 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I think it finally dawned on Cirie that if she and Jared reached F2 , ALL of the others would feel ripped off and deceived. Her status as some kind of Survivor legend would be gone, replaced by the memory of the time a duo won against a house full of singles who had no chance.

If one of them goes pretty far and the other wins, houseguests will still be pissed at  the unfair advantage  they had. Going out now, and revealing their relationship on the way out, would preserve the relationships and the reputation she has built. At least to some extent.

I wonder if she didn’t realize before that no one else has a secret partner…

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, inandout said:

I don't think viewers will see it as a selfless act.  There is an overall sense of viewer fatigue with both of them.  Their twist in the game is not popular.  This is her 6th reality show competition.  I want to see someone else given a chance.

And please CBS, no Amazing Race with anyone from this family.  And no to Jared for The Challenge.

While Fields Fatigue is CERTAINLY true here on the forums, I don’t know if it necessarily translates to the casual TV viewers - although given Cirie’s overwhelming presence as Default DR Narrator, it just may. 

• Like 3

Hey, inandout, how about Cory & America for The Amazing Race?

But CBS, in their wisdom, would probably give us Red and Cam.

Edited by Gummo
Because I CAN spell, dammit
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Gummo said:

IOW, Cerie took the place of someone who might've really wanted to be there, and now that every single thing isn't going her way, she wants to take her ball & go home?

Boo effing hoo.

Exactly. When everything was going her way she was willing to stick it out but she got exposed and lost her biggest minion so now she wants to go home. Please. If any other HG pulled that shit they would be raked over the coals but she has Janelle and Rob C. coming to her defense. Bullshit lol.

Also, apparently Rachel Reilly pretty much confirmed what I always suspected, that the show didn't want Jared without Cirie. Rachel told her not to do it because they apparently had another opportunity they could have done together (I'm thinking maybe House of Villains) but Cirie said she had to do this for Jared.

I will never forgive her for forcing Jared on me!

2 minutes ago, Nashville said:

While Fields Fatigue is CERTAINLY true here on the forums, I don’t know if it necessarily translates to the casual TV viewers - although given Cirie’s overwhelming presence as Default DR Narrator, it just may. 

She is still VERY popular on Twitter so I wouldn't be surprised if the casuals still like her. Unless she DORs, she'll likely still win AFP, unfortunately.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, apparently Rachel Reilly pretty much confirmed what I always suspected, that the show didn't want Jared without Cirie. Rachel told her not to do it because they apparently had another opportunity they could have done together (I'm thinking maybe House of Villains) but Cirie said she had to do this for Jared.

So Jared basically used his mother as currency to buy his way onto the show?  Notice the look of shocked surprise which totally failed to cross my face. 🙄

10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I will never forgive her for forcing Jared on me!

DITTO.

• Like 8
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, lilabennet said:

Izzy's poor sportsmanship didn't have anything to do with physical contact.  She doesn't have to hug anyone she doesn't want to hug.  Her words were the problem.

I just want to say that of all the fakiness of this show, the fakiest of all to me is when, after they have been evicted (by a vote of 8-0 or whatever) they hug and sob and say how much they love everyone. Then everyone says how much they love them. If I were evicted, I would hug no one! After all, they just voted me out. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 4

Jag, eh?

What! Will! Happen!

46 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

I just want to say that of all the fakiness of this show, the fakiest of all to me is when, after they have been evicted (by a vote of 8-0 or whatever) they hug and sob and say how much they love everyone. Then everyone says how much they love them. If I were evicted, I would hug no one! After all, they just voted me out. 

Same here. I'd be table-walking out of there like Cody. 

• Like 12
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I like Jag and glad he won something.  But dammit, Jared is too happy for me to be happy.  It makes me hope Jag won't take someone down just because it will make Jared, as he put it in his own elegant way, "lose his fucking shit."  

So I guess America comes down, and that makes me happy.  It should be fun to see Jared try to talk Jag into leaving America up.  

ETA, it was some kind of football themed veto.  Bowie had the honor of representing the Big Orange, so it isn't too surprising she didn't win.  Sigh.   Jag was in Red.  Georgia maybe?   Matt was dressed as a Ref

Edited by Thalia
Go Vols!
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

While Fields Fatigue is CERTAINLY true here on the forums, I

I am not fatigued by Cirie. I have no use for her son. My understanding from RHAP is she was a last minute add to cast, so she did not take anyone else’s spot. 

I personally never thought she was going to win, but I find her fascinating to watch maneuvering in these games. 

I don’t think she’s having fun here & hasn’t for awhile. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I am thankful for the Jag win. He may be a bad player, but he's a genuinely enjoyable person to watch. I love his Unreliables alliance with Cory/America and enjoy his friendship with Matt. He's a fun guy to watch so I'm glad he won, beat Cameron (apparently by 40 seconds) and will get to do something important in the game. 

I am fully fine with a boring week, especially given how much I was declaring at the start of the week that I was out until Thursday. 

• Like 12

I'm so happy Jag won the veto so Cameron can go home. His creepiness to Reily and America was not fun to watch.

Cirie wanting to leave after Izzy went home is predictable. Even though this is her sixth reality show my understanding is that she does have a real job. I know a few years ago one of my friends saw her at the hospital she works at and did a double take lol. 

• Like 7
16 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I'm so happy Jag won the veto so Cameron can go home. His creepiness to Reily and America was not fun to watch.

Cirie wanting to leave after Izzy went home is predictable. Even though this is her sixth reality show my understanding is that she does have a real job. I know a few years ago one of my friends saw her at the hospital she works at and did a double take lol. 

I guess this will be our acid test to find out if Cirie was being genuine, or just calling for Pity, party of one (not that I’m faulting her for such).

• Like 2

I think Cirie was being genuine about asking to be put up if Cam won veto. I also think she doesn’t want to sit in jury. I suspect her plan has changed and she has resigned to staying  now. 

What will be interesting. Double eviction; lots want her/Jared on block. On one hand, she wants to help her son, her getting voted out there  is more helpful to him than her falling on sword this week. I do think folks maybe still take out her v Jared?  

ultimately, I hope step 1, , Cam goes. Step 2,, Jared goes. I want to see all the remaining play in that scenario for rest of game. Should be fun!!!!

ETA: To be clear, nothing saves Jared’s game. I want to see what would happen if Jared out & Cirie gets to play with Matt. 

Edited by pennben
  • Like 5

maybe they do. I'm confused.

Me too that's why I asked! 😁 I'm always unsure how much audio of Julie's in the live show they get to hear. Last year they were all anticipating the double and had figured it out, so I'm surprised Cory/America haven't considered it audibly at all.

I also still so confused by Blue, it's kind of shame she has no real interest in the game because I think had she been vested at all it just would have been a whole lot more fun to watch, but seeing her give these flashes of intelligence and then fall for one of the worst/unpleasant contestants, and continually screw everyone one of her allies continues to baffle and disappoint.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Thalia said:

Go Vols!

They didn’t Go tonight but that was to be expected in the swamp. But gosh, is my hotel full for every home game and this week for rod run and Bristol race. 

As a Cirie fan, she’s lost a lot of points with me on BB and most of it has to do with the kind of person Jared seems to be. I can’t fault her for the twist and the Fields narrative this season has been based on, that’s all Grody. However, even though her quitting will eliminate the stupid twist half a season late, I could not think positively of her for biting the bullet to promote her offspring, I can’t respect a quitter who isn’t dropping out for serious medical reasons or news of a family emergency. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, LeDucDiableBleu said:

They don't know it's a double. I've heard the different groups discussing what to do when, but they don't know it's going to be next.

Edit: maybe they do. I'm confused.

No doubt many of the HGs who were actual fans of BB prior to their appearance strongly suspect next Thursday may be a DE simply because of how the timing corresponds with DEs in previous seasons - but they won’t actually know it for a fact until they hear the Chenbot proclamation at the top of the live broadcast.

ETA: also, Luke’s premature exit may cast doubt on their suspicions - they may be wondering if a previously scheduled DE might get dropped from the schedule for balance.

Edited by Nashville
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Going out now, and revealing their relationship on the way out, would preserve the relationships and the reputation she has built.

I think she is trying to do the opposite. Get herself removed from the game so nobody finds out she is Jared's mom so she gives him the space to play without her being a "burden" for him.

If she reveals the relationship on the way out, the HGs will surely be bitter and vote Jared out immediately. Next eviction being a double eviction and them having no time to digest the news will help Jared's eviction even more.

Imagine if Cirie and Jared leave on Thursday back to back. The game will be opened for people without rigging, secrets, advantages and everything we hate. It will be amazing. Even with Cam in the jury, I don't mind.

• Like 6

Seeing as how Cirie was studying days with Felicia last night, I think she's in it for now. But I do think it's because she doesn't realize Jared's one of the main targets going into next week, so she doesn't realize he might be pre-jury while she's stuck in it for the long haul. I don't think they'll let her quit because of the seven person jury; if she quits, then all it does is throw it into a 6 person jury OR they'd need to sequester Jared if they're afraid she's gonna quit, but then he still doesn't win, anyway. 

If it was a nine person jury, different story, I think they could work with that if she quit. But a seven person jury makes it more difficult.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:

But if she convinced Jared to put her up on the block and vote her out, she would have left the game the normal way.

It sounds like that might have happened if Cameron won veto, but he didn't win veto so I think that plan is scrapped. But even so, Jared wouldn't put his own mother up, I don't think, even with her asking.

36 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's not happening now though. I do wonder what she'd do if her/Jared are nommed during the DE, which I really hope happens.

She will 1000% ask to be voted out, I have no doubt about that.

Whether people listen to her or not is the question, so unfortunately, we could see Jared staying and Cirie going. I say unfortunately because Cirie's still more enjoyable to watch than Jared.

On the other hand, Cirie going ensures Jared is next to go, because he's gonna piss people off faster without his mother supervising him.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Gummo said:

The sad thing is, both Cerie and Jared would have been more interesting players without the other.

Cirie, yes. Jared would be an annoying douche either way, maybe even more so without his mama to keep him in check.

I think Cirie wants to play as long as it benefits her baby boy. The minute she starts to get in the way of his game, she’ll want out. 

• Like 11

Oh, I agree, Jared would have been a raging, raving loon without mommy to keep him in check, but that woulda been a lot more fun to watch.

Cirie, OTOH, could have used the full panoply of her super-social powers for herself, instead oof wasting all that energy protecting and shepherding her asshole son.

Edited by Gummo
  • Like 7
19 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Also, apparently Rachel Reilly pretty much confirmed what I always suspected, that the show didn't want Jared without Cirie.

That doesn't surprise me. As soon as they interviewed him they must have realized the kid isn't too bright. 

18 hours ago, lilysmom said:

Same. The issue with Izzy is that she did hug most of the HGs goodbye, even the ones that voted to evict her, except for Cameron and Cory. She placed the blame on her eviction on just two people but hugged the seven people who voted her out. Tell me how that makes sense.

• Like 16

Cameron was the HOH that nominated her with the intent she be evicted and, at least in her mind, Cory spearheaded her eviction. I don’t really find it hard to understand why she felt more anger towards those 2 specifically. With all the hate Izzy is getting, I’m afraid now we’ll see even less of this kind of exit, which we barely see anyway and that sucks because I love when people don’t just fake hug everyone and say they love them lol.

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
9 hours ago, SummerDreams said:

I think she is trying to do the opposite. Get herself removed from the game so nobody finds out she is Jared's mom so she gives him the space to play without her being a "burden" for him.

If she reveals the relationship on the way out, the HGs will surely be bitter and vote Jared out immediately. Next eviction being a double eviction and them having no time to digest the news will help Jared's eviction even more.

Imagine if Cirie and Jared leave on Thursday back to back. The game will be opened for people without rigging, secrets, advantages and everything we hate. It will be amazing. Even with Cam in the jury, I don't mind.

I think Cirie is smart enough to realize that if she makes jury and Jared wins, or if Jared makes jury and she wins, the win will forever be tainted.  Whether the others find out before the vote or not until after the finale, there will be a LOT of animosity toward the two of them.

And MAYBE that is the reason for the 7 person jury. Production realizes what a mistake it is to have a mother and son compete, and they want to break it up before jury.

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Cameron was the HOH that nominated her with the intent she be evicted and, at least in her mind, Cory spearheaded her eviction. I don’t really find it hard to understand why she felt more anger towards those 2 specifically. With all the hate Izzy is getting, I’m afraid now we’ll see even less of this kind of exit, which we barely see anyway and that sucks because I love when people don’t just fake hug everyone and say they love them lol.

This is why her attitude to just 2 makes no sense, the others didn't have to vote her out yet they did so why hug people who just voted you out, or is free will not allowed in the BB house. 

I just don't understand all the hugging of people who don't want you there.

• Like 3

The mistake was letting them compete in secret. 

If the cast had known from the beginning that Cirie and Jared were mother-son and could make their plans with that in mind, it would have been a lot more fair.

Maybe more interesting, too.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I think Cirie is smart enough to realize that if she makes jury and Jared wins, or if Jared makes jury and she wins, the win will forever be tainted.  Whether the others find out before the vote or not until after the finale, there will be a LOT of animosity toward the two of them.

And MAYBE that is the reason for the 7 person jury. Production realizes what a mistake it is to have a mother and son compete, and they want to break it up before jury.

Taran has said many times that production doesn't care about these things. They just create a show and that's that. It's weird how little they care about their product.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
22 minutes ago, SummerDreams said:

Taran has said many times that production doesn't care about these things. They just create a show and that's that. It's weird how little they care about their product.

But TPTB do care about one thing, though - ratings.  I’d be pretty certain the Production folk have pay bonuses tied to hitting high enough in key demographics, and they’re gonna do anything they can to make sure their ratings don’t dip below their bonus thresholds.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

think Cirie is smart enough to realize that if she makes jury and Jared wins, or if Jared makes jury and she wins, the win will forever be tainted.

I think there are 750,000 reasons why neither cares about a tainted win. 

Edited by pennben
Didn’t like my eta, shouldn’t have posed question.
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, pennben said:

I think there are 750,000 reasons why neither cares about a tainted win. 
ETA:  would you?  Sincere question. 

I myself wouldn't care. I need the money and I'm not internet famous.

But Cirie, from what I gather, is considered some kind of Survivor legend even though she never won Survivor.  If she or Jared win, yeah, it kind of looks it was handed to her to make up for prior losses. She might care about that.

And perhaps the producers would care if the show was seen as rigged from the start. (Getting a whole Celebrity Apprentice vibe here)

Edited by tinkerbell
1 hour ago, Gummo said:

The mistake was letting them compete in secret. 

If the cast had known from the beginning that Cirie and Jared were mother-son and could make their plans with that in mind, it would have been a lot more fair.

Maybe more interesting, too.

If I could recast this season, I would make half the HGs former Survivor players, and half reality newbies, making it look like a Fans vs Favorites-type season. But the twist is, each newbie is secretly related to one of the Survivors. So the producers could have their Cirie and Jared, but in a way that’s actually, you know, FAIR.

• Like 12
  • Applause 6
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

But Cirie, from what I gather, is considered some kind of Survivor legend even though she never won Survivor. 

I never could quite figure that’un out myself; Cirie’s been on Survivor four times and never won - and the four isn’t a record for Survivor appearances; Boston Rob has her beat with five, and that count doesn’t include his mentor shtick.  Only Cirie superlative I can think of is Only Player To Be Voted Out Without Having A Vote Cast Against Them - which probably gets her some sympathy support from the fans.

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

If I could recast this season, I would make half the HGs former Survivor players, and half reality newbies, making it look like a Fans vs Favorites-type season. But the twist is, each newbie is secretly related to one of the Survivors. So the producers could have their Cirie and Jared, but in a way that’s actually, you know, FAIR.

Yeah, that'd be fine. Also, it would obviously be even that way.

• Like 3

I think a lot of Cirie’s status as a beloved icon stems from her introduction as the Woman Who Feared Leaves. She was an ordinary couch potato who had never ventured outside her comfort zone, and a lot of viewers identified with that. It was easier to see themselves in her than in someone like Boston Rob or Parvati. And even though she hasn’t won, she has come very close and excelled in a way that those who identify with her would like to believe they could, as well. 

Plus, she’s pretty damn charming, and her social game is as good, or better, than anyone’s. That’s what got her to end-game status four times, which is pretty damn remarkable for someone who can’t win a comp. It also helps to cement her status among viewers. Opinions are usually split on Survivor champs or near-champs, but I’ve never seen anyone say they didn’t like Cirie. (Sick of her presence, maybe, but not disliked.)

This is also why I wouldn’t have minded seeing her play without Jared  (albeit after a few years off. Traitors JUST happened.) Her social skills are a good fit for this game, and it would have been interesting to see how she navigated the hamsters without a secret advantage.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I myself wouldn't care. I need the money and I'm not internet famous.

But Cirie, from what I gather, is considered some kind of Survivor legend even though she never won Survivor

First, I apologize. I tried to delete my ETA before it could be seen. It was unnecessary & I hope you know my intent was not to call you out, but that was effect. It was flip and my bad.  No excuses. 

I fell for Cirie in her first episode of Survivor, when she said something to the effect of I can sit here and talk about everything everyone does wrong on these shows, or “I can get up off my couch”. She is an unlikely survivor legend, came so close to being first voted out in first season and then ran deep into game. Then, we all thought it impossible for her to go deep on returning season because of her strategic prowess. She made it to final 3 & would have been sitting in front of jury for final vote, but for medical evac earlier in season & they changed it to final 2. 

For me, to watch someone like me who could never win a competition to save my life, like her, it’s just so amazing how she can use social skills & strategy over and over to advance so far in games. 

Edited by pennben
  • Like 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Nashville said:

But TPTB do care about one thing, though - ratings.

The ratings dropped significantly during Jared’s 1st HoH week and then picked up significantly last week. I wouldn’t be surprised if they drop again this week. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
17 hours ago, blixie said:

Me too that's why I asked! 😁 I'm always unsure how much audio of Julie's in the live show they get to hear. Last year they were all anticipating the double and had figured it out, so I'm surprised Cory/America haven't considered it audibly at all.

I also still so confused by Blue, it's kind of shame she has no real interest in the game because I think had she been vested at all it just would have been a whole lot more fun to watch, but seeing her give these flashes of intelligence and then fall for one of the worst/unpleasant contestants, and continually screw everyone one of her allies continues to baffle and disappoint.

They don't know, but there's a lot of speculation. Interestingly, Cory told Bowie yesterday that he doesn't think it will be because they tend to be at 9 or 7, according to him. Cory seems very confident in his knowledge of the game, and he's been right a few times, but I feel like he's going to be caught off guard this week because he's so sure it WON'T happen. 

Blue is so frustrating to me. I really thought a couple of days ago that we were going to get a full on Sleeping with the Enemy deception and flip from her, which would have been the most interesting thing she could have possibly done. But I think it's really hard to be loved up with someone and also try to actively work against them. She just gets drawn back in and then continues to bob uselessly around in a position from which she will never be able to win. I wish there was a way to alert Blue to Jared's relative unpopularity, because in that case she would drop him and his cause like a hot potato.

America seems really stuck on how her speech (veto? Eviction? Both?) isn't going to be good and I low-key think it's because she's nervous about what national champion speaker Cory will think about it. 

• Like 2