Type keyword(s) to search

S20:E04. Washington is the perfect place to find love!

• Start Topic

Everyone's in a big cabin amid the pine forests in Washington state. Dotun and Charity are off on their date!

Brayden is doffing turquoise looking long dangly earrings. He's dissing the other guys' feelings of connection to Charity. "Do you know her favorite color?" he scoffs. "I do, it's blue!"

Senor Snuffles for the next Bachelor!

• Like 2
(edited)

Again the guys are having a totally spontaneous unstaged deep and meaningful conversation about Brayden. 

Now Brayden is complaining because Charity is always on as the Bachelorette. He wants to see her "off" for one minute! Like the ceiling light in the living room! The other guy is so lucky to be the recipient of Brayden's confidences. "I am truly honored that you trust me with your heartfelt meanderings," the other guy says.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Hold the press! Brayden is without earrings!! He might as well be naked! 

Knock! Knock! ominously at the door. The date card!  Everyone hopes he's the one left off. Xavier is the lucky unmentioned guy!

Dotun is no longer a S'more virgin. He's having his first one by the campfire!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

By the way, John grew up in a town about five miles from me! Since I've lived in this area for 14 years he probablyvwas living here when I moved in.

40 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Doing 101 Dalmations with s'mores isn't as romantic as doing it with spaghetti - for example, I noticed they didn't show the crumbly mess or the sticky fingers...

Speaking of 101 Dalmatians, here is a cute story. I was helping a little lamb learn how to eat grass by feeding him one blade at a time. I was feeding him a long blade, one end in his mouth, when along comes his friend Princess and she bites on the other end of the blade and starts eating. But Little Boo dropped his end.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Hugs 5

Gtoup date! Brayden is so proud that he's the only one with a walking stick! 

Three little girl scouts come along and Tanner says he loves children and sees himsekf as a girl dad.

One girl says the competition is going to test their resourcefulness and something else. First challenge--go out in the woods and find something eat. One guy looks for seafood in a freshwater creek.

The girls ask who is the smartest? Brayden? Definitely not Brayden, says Charity. By the way Brayden starts to unbutton his shirt and makes animal noises.

Tanner offers pine nuts and mushrooms. Brayden offers some bulbs.

Then there's question and answer time. One question is who would you eat if you were stuck in the woods? All the guys answer Brayden while he says Sean.

Aaron wins the competition! Prize: sitting in the kissing tree--K I S S I N G!

Brayden blabs about Aaron, how Charity's probably not the one, etc.

• LOL 2
(edited)

Lol when Tanner said “don’t try so hard” to Brayden and they’d all pick him to eat.

I don’t think Brayden is particularly interested in charity but he doesn’t want to lose either. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Spontaneous conversation among the guys about what's coming up. Brayden and Aaron get into a spat, initiated by Brayden. Brayden is again expressing doubts about the process. Charity walks in and asks what's going on. Sean says everyone's ready to go down on one knee except for Brayden. Brayden admits he's packed his bags twice.

Now she's talking with him. He's discouraged about the whole process, and -- she's now walking Brayden out! In front of all the guys! And she says he reminds her of her ex!! Brayden doesn't quite get why she's upset with him. Unlike Warwick, Brayden stays awake and chatters away in the car.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 1
(edited)

Charity thanks Aaron for bringing stuff about Brayden to her attention. She's having nice conversations with the other guys. At least she didn't cancel the after party.

Then Charity and a guy go, "Hootie hoo!" Wait--isn't that Carla Hall from Top Chef's call?

Joey gets the group rose!

Previews show the return of Brayden wearing a turtleneck and some kind of black and white knit scarf. Hall brawl's coming up!

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 2

Xavier are on their date at a fruit festival. Sounds like the perfect place for Brayden. 

Bobbing for apples doesn't seem like a good idea post-Covid. I thought Xavier was going to drop that chocolate they were sharing down Charity's throat and choke her. Now they're on a train. Very pretty scenery! Oh no, now she says Xavier reminds her of her ex. Now how can both Brayden and Xavier remind her of her ex?? XAVIER KNITS! don't kick him to the curb!

• Like 4

Charity and Xavier are having a very nice conversation. That was touching about how Xavier's dad takes care of his mom, who has multiple sclerosis.

And she gives him the rose!! Hurray!

Now the stone wall will swing open and reveal a small dance floor and a country band playing. No? Commercials instead.

• Like 2
(edited)

Now why are guys on the treadmill in their dress clothing?

Cocktail party! Charity looks lovely in a red dress and white stole. Xavier is knitting.

Aaron gives Charity a massage, saying this is how he expresses love. Joey and Charity share a kiss. Charity takes Tanner on an adventure. They are on a hunt for Sasquatch! Not really, says Charity, she just wants to kiss.

A wolf howls. We hear footsteps and panting in the darkness. Brayden stomps into the lodge past the guys, trying to open locked doors, looking for Charity, who is busy kissing John. Charity looks up and starts, "Oh!" It's Brayquatch!

Then, commercial!

Edited by Lamb18
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Brayden apologizes to Charity. John is indignant. He's on the chopping block and Brayden stole his time! 

Brayden tells Charity she did nothing wrong. Oh I know that! says Charity. 

Brayden stomps back through the hall and John follows him yelling. The guys crowd around the minivan where Brayden is sitting, yelling at him. Aaron tells Brayden he's not a man! The hall brawl is interrupted by a commercial.

More yelling, the van door closes, and hopefully that's the last we see of him until The Men Tell All. John is indignant--hisbtime was cut short by Brayden! Other guys didn't get any time with her.

Charity thanks the guys, they're all quality men.  She gives Aaron the first rose, then Tanner, last rose already?? Sean gets the last rose. Caleb, John and Michael don't get roses. Aw, Caleb is crying. So is John. Both say the remaining guys are great.

Previews: thebseashore, a park, tennis, a football field, a little island, a mansion, lots of doubts, an airport. Someone else comes back!! Charity thinks she saw a ghost! Drama ahead!

And here's Sasquatch at the very end! But it's really Jesse.

• Like 1

I’m warming to Charity as the bachelorette. While I simply do not understand her attraction to Brayden, I appreciate that she has been less dramatic than recent leads who ended every single event after the slightest bit of drama.

• Like 10
3 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Doing 101 Dalmations with s'mores isn't as romantic as doing it with spaghetti - for example, I noticed they didn't show the crumbly mess or the sticky fingers...

Wrong dog movie. It's Lady and the Tramp

• LOL 1
(edited)

I have to laugh at the Brayden stuff. The guys going after him as if there's no producer involvement is just ridiculous. They call him toxic and other names, but get incensed when he calls them jackasses? ROFL. Sean's comment about Brayden's scarf while he himself is sporting a (cashmere) scarf is a perfect example of the hypocrisy thick in that place tonight.

I'll miss Braden's super greasy hair, dangly earrings, Superman-like square chin, and BIG DOUBTS, which clearly won't ever affect any of the remaining six. (Yeah, right!) I liked John, too bad he's toast. I'm sure it's ALL Brayden's fault, and production just couldn't find enough hours in the day for her to talk to all the guys. (Seriously, can't she demand that? Nah, blame it on Brayden! LOL.)

I like most of the remaining guys, except shit-stirrer Aaron. I don't know if any of them are Bachelor material, though.

Sean is very cute, sort of a super young Kurt Russel vibe there.

I forgot who Tanner was, just looked like some random dude standing there, until she called his name, and then I sort of remembered I'd seen him before.

WASHINGTON! Yay for the PNW showing! Looks like a fun place for a weekend (not too far from me in Oregon).

I dunno if the show should have broken the fourth wall like they did when Brayden walked down the hall and into that huge ballroom set with the "cozy" couch, fireplace and big fat camera sitting in front of them while they kissed. Kind of ruined the fantasy there...

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I had a question about the one-on-one with Dotun. There they are jumping off the bridge in the daytime. Next time we see them, they are roasting marshmallows in the dark, and (finally?) getting into those background questions. What on earth were they doing for the hours in between? Apparently not talking! Do they go to separate corners?

And I would not brag about bringing a stick. I'm 62, and yes, I like my walking sticks. But I never considered them until I was in my 50s.

Brayden did NOT find those beets in the woods. They came from a grocery store.

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

and all this angst from the guys who "haven't had their time with Charity." So REALLY they are sad because they are going to get booted, not because they have any deep love for Charity. Because by definition, they barely know her!

Sean is cute, but seems young. 

So do you think Charity had no idea they were going bungee jumping? Does the lead have to sign off before-hand on any risky sorts of things? She was acting like she was surprised.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Brayden was really playing up his villain role and the producers were absolutely eating it up. You can just imagine the producers asking the guys over and over what they think of Brayden while Brayden cackles like a supervillain as he does his own sad Chippendales routine in the woods. I don't think that Brayden has any feelings for Charity, he just wants to get some reality fame and to "win" against the other guys. I'm glad that he's gone, really I have no idea why Charity even kept him around as long as she did. I guess she did say she has a history of ignoring red flags, its apparently still an issue. He just looks so greasy and he's the kind of dick who thinks he's really cool when he so clearly isn't. 

I love how they shot Brayden coming back like some slasher killer or a Bigfoot, but luckily it turns out that the only Bigfoot was Jessie all along.

Xavier had no idea how close he was to getting his rose cut, thank God he pulled out the sick mom card! For real though, I like Xavier and he and Charity were really cute together on their date, they have a nice easy chemistry that Charity seems to vibe with. 

This season is absolutely flying by, it feels like we just started and we are already at only six guys! I feel like we hardly even know them yet and we're already close to hometowns!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Xavier are on their date at a fruit festival.

That was apparently at the Hood River fruit festival. My husband and I stayed in the town of Hood River last summer (it's not far from the town in Washington (Stevenson?) they were staying in). There's this whole thing called the "Hood River Fruit Loop" where you can drive from farm to farm and get specialty items. We did some berry picking, and went to a lavender farm (which was a load of fun).

• Like 2
(edited)

The previews for this episode were interesting so I watched it today and it was an entertaining episode. I don’t particularly care for the outcome but did see so many candidates for paradise. There is a paradise this year, right? Only 6 guys left, 2 gone next week before hometowns, then fantasy suites, MTA and finale/Atfr, so only 5 weeks left, short season. 
I like Claim to fame enough to stay up till 11 to watch it seeing as the schedule has changed so I’ll probably watch the rest of the season. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

The previews for this episode were interesting so I watched it today and it was an entertaining episode. I don’t particularly care for the outcome but did see so many candidates for paradise. There is a paradise this year, right? Only 6 guys left, 2 gone next week before hometowns, then fantasy suites, MTA and finale/Atfr, so only 5 weeks left, short season. 
I like Claim to fame enough to stay up till 11 to watch it seeing as the schedule has changed so I’ll probably watch the rest of the season. 

IMG_2144.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi all, I'm not watching this season but had to come here and see what was going on.  It's pretty shocking to see only one page of comments every week!  We all predicted that viewership was going to suffer with the choice of Charity as Bachelorette, but wow!  I didn't expect to see it this bad.  Let's hope a lesson was learned here and that we can look forward to future picks that are based on compelling personalities--and maybe some amazing brains, like Ariel's!

For those of you watching, I do hope you're enjoying it.  See you in Paradise!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m surprised they haven’t gone out of the country yet. This feels like Tayshia’s COVID season. 

Not much time left for international travel.  Just one more episode until hometowns. 

• Mind Blown 2
On 7/18/2023 at 5:54 AM, dleighg said:

Brayden did NOT find those beets in the woods. They came from a grocery store.

Yeah, that bugged me. I'm sure producers handed him the beets and encouraged him to do some "schtick" in front of the scouts. I also wondered if the guys who had mushrooms and edible plants actually found/arranged them in the 5 minutes we were told they had to do the task. It just seemed staged, even the little girls were acting with a script.

• Like 7

Charity talks about her ex way too much.  I think she's only had one serious relationship and now she' "must" get married to the next man she meets (which is a little concerning, especially considering she is a family therapist).  And the only quality he needs to possess is that he needs to not remind her of her ex.  

This does seem like the shortest season ever.  It's like only the guys that have had a one-on-one have survived except for maybe one or two.  I really don't even know the guys' names yet and I've watched all season.  Did they get rid of the two-on-one date concept in recent seasons?  Also, I don't think Charity has barely even cried yet.  Probably because she doesn't even know anyone that she's sending home.  

I think Dolton is a great guy but I don't see chemistry between them.  I think she just likes that he is a "right reasons" guy.  I think she and Xavier look great together and I think she has mad chemistry and fun with Joey but not sure if she is willing to move to HI with a tennis pro (although admittedly I have no idea if that is a lucrative job or not).  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, limecoke said:

So Brayden found beets in the woods of Washington.

wonder if they remembered to take the twist-tie off from the produce department....

I don't think those guys found ANY of that stuff in the woods in FIVE MINUTES

• Like 3
  • Wink 2

She can’t listen without mmmhmmming like crazy and injecting little words.  
Has Brayden never watched the show?  And is her name Cherry or Charity?  Half say one thing, half the other 
I haven’t watched the franchise in several seasons, so I think I’m going to have to look into why no one wanted CherryCharity. 

• Like 4
(edited)

Nooo! She let my other crush Caleb the wrestler go 😑!  Damn, that guy is a hunk with great hair.  She needs a therapist to help her work through her issues about an ex that cheated on her years ago.  Who hasn't been cheated on in modern dating these days? Move on.  She lets a bunch of dorky yes-men with sob stories stay and lets the original guys with charisma and personality (Aaron the firefighter and Caleb the wrestler) go.  I'm tired of her and I'm not excited for her journey.  Great eyeshadow though, I'll give her that! 😅

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Like 6

Brayden isn't entirely wrong in that Charity is always "on" and it would be nice to spend time with her as Charity and not in these manufactured Bachelorette moments. But did he know what show he was signing up for? Because this is what you get. If he wanted to meet a woman in natural circumstances without any of this superficial fluff, he needs to go meet women in his real world. What a tool. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
19 hours ago, Meowwww said:

She can’t listen without mmmhmmming like crazy and injecting little words.  

That was actually the most annoying part of the episode.

Doton was opening up, telling her about the lottery in coming to America, and how happy he was that his path to where he is now, opened up like that.

Charity:  Mmm Hmm.  Mmm Hmm.  Yeah.   Uh huh.   OK, now about me:  I had a boyfriend who cheated on me.  My family loves me.  Me me me me.

Not one word to Doton about his experience, his life.  

How is she supposed to make a choice with these guys, if all she does is talk about herself?

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

That was actually the most annoying part of the episode.

Doton was opening up, telling her about the lottery in coming to America, and how happy he was that his path to where he is now, opened up like that.

Charity:  Mmm Hmm.  Mmm Hmm.  Yeah.   Uh huh.   OK, now about me:  I had a boyfriend who cheated on me.  My family loves me.  Me me me me.

Not one word to Doton about his experience, his life.  

How is she supposed to make a choice with these guys, if all she does is talk about herself?

Word!

And aren’t therapists supposed to be good listeners? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1