Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Far Trek: The Next Generation

• Start Topic

After two years of round-the-clock video calls with Mary, Brandan is moving to the Philippines; before moving to the Netherlands, Julio wants Kirsten to meet his mom; Holly and Wayne imagine their wedding night; Kenny and Armando consider a change.

TLC: 10/07/23; Discovery+: 10/07/23;

• Like 1
(edited)

Oh, I'll start.

I thought I was watching a joke, Brandan and Mary watching one another 24/7 like a twisted Truman Show.  Oh, that's healthy.  That's a relationship based on trust and wanting the best for your loved one.  News flash, Brandan; if she's bad now, she'll be 10x worse in the Philippines when you're so isolated and on her turf.  And I believe he's got a controlling streak as well.  These people have abandonment issues out the yahoo.

I've been married to Mr. Traveler for 25 years, and I don't think he's watched my personal business, shall we say, as much as these two have in two years.  Deity on a velocipede.

Where does Julio get all his money for all that travel?  Like another poster, he reminds me of Jibri.  He's not doing all that running around on a DJ and security guard salary.  

Mom knows how to lather on the guilt, but I think that's really hurtful that she had to pry the massive news bomb of the move out of him.  I can't read Kirsten yet, but I've a sinking feeling she should stay in the Netherlands-without Julio.  

I have a friend who went to South Africa with a tour, and she said it was both the most beautiful place she had ever seen and also the most terrifying.  It was so bad that wandering around could be a death sentence, or at least an unpleasant encounter.   It's a pity because I'm sure not all South Africans are grifters and thieves like Ronald, and so far Wayne seems all right, but no way, no how.  Haven't these people ever watched the show?

Kenny and Armando by contrast have the healthiest relationship, but I think they got so caught up in Armando's family drama that they didn't have serious discussions about what kind of life they wanted to have, and where.  I can see that Armando wants another child, and I can see Kenny not wanting to spend his 60;s and 70's with a young child.  He may never see that child as an adult, nor grandchildren by him or her.  They are in such different stages of life and it's starting to bite them.

I also wish Kenny wouldn't push Mexico City so much.  Listen to Armando; he's the Mexican native and knows a lot more about the City than you do!  It's huge, it's crowded, it's dangerous in places.  I believe it's bound to be larger than any city in Florida. It wouldn't be for me, either. 

Edited by AR Traveler
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
(edited)

I wish Kenny and Armando would have moved to Cabo San Lucas, and it's accepting zone (I don't remember what it's called, but there's a lovely area of Cabo that's very accepting, and has a huge population of LGBTQ people.  I saw it on a HH International, or Mexico Life episode on HGTV).     That would have been big city enough for both of the men, and a good place for Hannah.   Also, much closer to Armando's family.    

The Netherlands segment was interesting to see for the scenery, but the relationship is only built on lust, not commitment.     

Brandon and Mary were bizarre, and scary with the obsession, and control Mary has with her rules about Brandon's relationships with other women, including family.    The worst thing about their mutual surveillance is that the commercials are playing again for that women pooping probiotics, so their are people pooping all over my TV channels. 

Holly and Wayne was certainly a strange relationship too.   Was Holly the one who said she "left everything behind for love?", trademark Jenny?   If so that was a huge amount of luggage to pay to take to South Africa.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I wish Kenny and Armando would have moved to Cabo San Lucas, and it's accepting zone (I don't remember what it's called, but there's a lovely area of Cabo that's very accepting, and has a huge population of LGBTQ people.  I saw it on a HH International, or Mexico Life episode on HGTV).     That would have been big city enough for both of the men, and a good place for Hannah.   Also, much closer to Armando's family.    

The Netherlands segment was interesting to see for the scenery, but the relationship is only built on lust, not commitment.     Brandon and Mary was bizarre, and scary with the obsession, and control Mary has with her rules about Brandon's relationships with other women, including family.    The worst thing about their mutual surveillance is that the commercials are playing again for that women pooping probiotics, so their are people pooping all over my TV channels. 

Holly and Wayne was certainly a strange relationship too.   Was Holly the one who said she "left everything behind for love?", trademark Jenny?   If so that was a huge amount of luggage to pay to take to South Africa.    

I wish Kenny and Armando were not on here. I don't want to see them in trouble! And Mexico City is not the way to go. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

From Sunday's donuts and bananas to Brandan shitting on the toilet. Sharp. WTF!?!?
I feel bad in one way for Brandan but in another he needs to get his life together. Work hard, get out of the RV and not date some gal from the Philippines. And Mary is already lying to him. Mary is obsessively possessive. Plus who has the fucking time to be on facetime 24/7?  I found the end scene with his mom, sister , brother and Brandan hard to watch.

Holly seems like another one that needs direction in her life and not to move across the world to a dangerous place.

Julio seems like jerk. I agree - he's like a Jibri.  But I do like that fact that Kristian is coming to the US to meet the family. Kristen "I bike everywhere." Did anyone catch the shot of the 2 cars parked in her driveway?  She reminds me of that one blonde who had no personality. The one that her sister won the citizenship lottery.

I like Kenny/Armando but will ff through their stuff. They shouldn't have just stayed with their Pillow Talk gig or done a HEA instead. It's all made up storyline.

Edited by greekmom
  • Like 10
Just now, MrBuhBye said:

I think the air pollution is very bad as well.

Yes, it is real bad. From what I heard, the city sits in almost a basin/valley and the smog just rests right on top. 

• Like 3

Brandan and Mary are very disturbing.  If even a fraction of their story is real, I am truly frightened for them.  

Julio and Kirsten seem fairly normal so far, so they will probably end up being the most dramatic going forward.  

• Like 8
(edited)

I just can't get over Mary bawling via Facetime in the dentist's office 'You said I was your first loooooove'. On the other hand, I'm eagerly anticipating Yohan's continuation of Daniele beratement 😀

Edited by SlutAssBitchAssHor
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Fable said:

Brandan and Mary are very disturbing.  If even a fraction of their story is real, I am truly frightened for them.  

Neither is very "well" and that relationship I hope is not 100 % real. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, judylo said:

Is there a Live Chat for this? Here?

The Snark Gang met over on the "I Gave Up Everything..." live chat

9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The worst thing about their mutual surveillance is that the commercials are playing again for that women pooping probiotics, so their are people pooping all over my TV channels. 

There was also a Kohler commercial for their "smart toilet." 

• LOL 3
(edited)

I love the preview when Danielle (ugh, she's back) says to a very annoyed looking Yohan, "You're just pissed because I'm not as rich as you thought I was!" 

What she really means is "as I pretended to be" Her enormous debt was never addressed in their other two seasons. I wonder if it will come out now. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

On the other hand, I'm eagerly anticipating Yohan's continuation of Daniele beratement 😀

While dressed as Santa and an elf 🤣

58 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I love the preview when Danielle (ugh, she's back) says to a very annoyed looking Yohan, "You're just pissed because I'm not as rich as you thought I was!" 

What she really means is "as I pretended to be" Her enormous debt was never addressed in their other two seasons. I wonder if it will come out now. 

“And I lied about you moving to NYC!”

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

While dressed as Santa and an elf 🤣

That's how I would picture Frankenstein in an elf a Santa costume!

(Oops, I just realized Yohan was dressed as Santa and Danielle was the elf.)

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 3

I live very near Holly and when she said, "I just don't want to be with a man from Utah" (paraphrasing) I thought, that's when we know there's something wacky about this person. Similar comments: "I've given up on finding someone here in the States," or (as a coworker of mine who was seeking a Ukranian girlfriend said), "all American women are [fill in the blank] so I decided to look elsewhere."  Yeah, everyone from Utah/the US/wherever is EXACTLY the same. Holly is originally from AZ and I am not a native of Utah; I can say that there are a lot of different types of people in any given place!

Who noticed that in the previews, Danielle has what look to be long hair extensions? Surely she could have used that money more wisely- say, to pay her back rent or her EZ pass debt. I cannot wait to hear Yohan read her the riot act.

I am really sick of Kenny and Armando and I think they will contribute nothing to this current season.

Brandon and Mary are in for a world of hurt. She won't let him be around his MOTHER or SISTER for fear there may be another female nearby? Yet she fakes a "wifi outage" so she can go talk to her pals who are male? Could we have another fiery showdown in our future?

• Like 12

Damnit, I only watched last night because I wanted to see the supposed clairvoyant who met her beau via a dream. I want to know more details about this dream and how it translated to her finding this dude IRL, but was denied and only shown far less interesting couples.

Brandon and Mary are a whole mess. Neither one of them are mature enough to be in a relationship and she's already showing signs of being insanely manipulative. I wonder if she also takes dumps in front of the camera for him, but I'm guessing she doesn't. She turns her router off so she can go hang out with her male friends without him knowing, but freaks the fuck out if he interacts with any female, including his mom, sister and random cashiers and shop girls. The double standard is a real red flag.

Kenny and Armando are lovely and shouldn't still be on this garbage show about shitshow relationships. It feels like they just wanted the paycheck and are letting the producers fabricate the drama between them. It's not entertaining.

Also not entertaining but for entirely different reasons, Danielle and Yohan. Why are they on this show instead of on that Last Resort abomination? Those two aren't still trying to work things out and that's been clear since their last tell-all. Okay, sure - watching them argue while dressed as Santa and an elf was a little bit entertaining. But overall, I'm wholly uninterested in another season with these two.

I'm in the minority here; I think Julio seems cool. I don't get big poser vibes from him, like I got from Jibri. Julio seems much more chill, but time will tell.

The chick with the hair seems unstable. There's something off about her.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

The Snark Gang met over on the "I Gave Up Everything..." live chat

There was also a Kohler commercial for their "smart toilet." 

I was there!

Does Brandan, you know, WORK??  Doesn’t seem like it. 

The chick with the hair has something going on that I can’t read.  Maybe it’s because of the Botox and fillers and giant fake eyelashes that hide her eyes.  

The DJ? Where does he get all the money to travel so much?  

I had hoped to never see Danielle and Yohan on my screen ever again. Ugh ugh ugh. 

• Like 4

Why is no one* calling Brandon and Mary's relationship what it is? Abuse. It's an abusive relationship. What's going on is abuse. Not just toxic -- it's beyond that. I am going to have to FF through watching that, and it's not entertainment. Where have the parental figures been these last 2 years? She gave up her college scholarship and left school for him? He apparently doesn't work at 22? These things were years in the making.....

Also, the SA guy saying "she doesn't know it, but once we're married, her mom needs to move out" seems to be a scary red flag for any chance of them working out. Ay yi yi! 

* didn't sit in on live chat, someone may have called it out there. And, honestly, at the bare minimum the show could have run one of those "if someone you know is in an unhealthy situation or needs help escaping abuse, call XXX-GMTFO-OMG" messages.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

She says she cuts it when it reaches her knees yet it’s past her knees.

That hair is so not real at all. In the first scene where we meet her, they show a close-up of her ripping a hairbrush through the ends, and it's super obvious that it's cheap plastic extensions. And you can see clearly in the following scene where her real hair ends (below her shoulders), and those ends also stick out in the long braids she wears when she's giving that poor man his Lloyd Christmas haircut. 

From what I can tell, her original hair is really thick and nice, it's too bad she's not comfortable with that on its own. 5 feet of hair isn't necessary to be pretty. And if you're going to wear hair extensions, at least spring for good-quality synthetic hair (you're not going to find real human hair that long for less than a few thousand bucks--maybe horsehair, which would've been an improvement on those plastic messes). 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
6 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

That hair is so not real at all. In the first scene where we meet her, they show a close-up of her ripping a hairbrush through the ends, and it's super obvious that it's cheap plastic extensions. And you can see clearly in the following scene where her real hair ends (below her shoulders), and those ends also stick out in the long braids she wears when she's giving that poor man his Lloyd Christmas haircut. 

From what I can tell, her original hair is really thick and nice, it's too bad she's not comfortable with that on its own. 5 feet of hair isn't necessary to be pretty. And if you're going to wear hair extensions, at least spring for good-quality synthetic hair (you're not going to find real human hair that long for less than a few thousand bucks--maybe horsehair, which would've been an improvement on those plastic messes). 

That’s so weird that she would affirmatively claim that she grew it that long when it’s clear to knowledgeable people like you that she didn’t.  It’s one thing to let people assume but to outright lie doesn’t speak well to her character.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
19 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I'm in the minority here; I think Julio seems cool. I don't get big poser vibes from him, like I got from Jibri. Julio seems much more chill, but time will tell.

I didn’t mind Julio either. He seemed nice and normal- their relationship seems genuine. If they both turn out to be “normal” it will be a boring segment but we might need that with all the “foo La La” as Auntie’s Advice would say. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Brandan and Mary- I think these two should seek some therapy and emotional support AWAY from each other. Just on Brandan’s side, I believe the boy has been through it, having to leave his Mom because of her addiction, missing out on time with his siblings (this guy can’t spend holidays with his SISTER???). Sadly the 15yrs old has more standing than the Mom after she lost custody of him and it doesn’t seem his time with his Dad was not healthy for him either and he’s holding onto this “relationship” with Mary to fill some deep emotional holes. I am so glad his Mom is doing better and is sober now, and recognizes how many years she lost with her kids because of addiction. I would like for them to have a chance to be close, if Brandan would like that. I think it’s better than obsessing over Mary. 

Mary- I saw that she was raised by her grandparents because her parents left. I’m sure her grandparents did the best they could, and loved them, but it’s left scars. These two are YOUNG- this isn’t the way!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Where to begin? This are just random thoughts as I am far away from my TV and am feeling discombobulated at the moment.

Brandon and Mary are too young for their level of commitment. It appears to have started and will definitely end in tears. How Brandan will extricate himself from wherever the heck he'll end up is the real mystery. Doesn't look like he has anyone with the financial ability to buy him a plane ticket home.

Rapunzel has seen better days. Her face is BEAT for, what, 44 yrs? Dollar Store Paul Hollywood Vampire Edition seems like he has a mean streak. She should be aware by now that FAIRY TALES AREN'T REAL. If you need your mom hold your hand during your honeymoon period, maybe you should reconsider your choices.

Julio doesn't offend me...yet. Looks like the kind of Gen Z guy who works hard but spends all his money on travelling and experiences. And that's fine until he hits 50 or 60 and is sleeping on his mom's couch in the retirement home. Kiersten (?) is very pretty but man, she never even looks at Julio in *any* photo, just straight into the camera. He might as well not even exist in her Barbie World. I will give Julio credit, though. He knows what he wants and actually handled the Netherlands residency ppwk with no drama and dare I hope, competency. Unlike other idiot TOW candidates I could mention. We shall see. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/12/2023 at 8:37 AM, MrBuhBye said:

That’s so weird that she would affirmatively claim that she grew it that long when it’s clear to knowledgeable people like you that she didn’t.  It’s one thing to let people assume but to outright lie doesn’t speak well to her character.

I could certainly be wrong as I'm no hair expert, but I have had cheap plastic extensions and up close, they look very similar.

• Like 1

Of all the couples, the only ones I am interested in watching are the Jehovah's witness chick with Rapunzel hair and Ronald 2.0, the psycho combo of Brendan and Mary and Julio and Kirsten. 

Julio and Kirsten represent to me the crazy side of today's hook up culture in that, holy shit, she was not willing to even video chat with him for MONTHS, yet he hopped on a plane to meet her in another country during covid lockdown. WTF?! They seem to have the most normal relationship, his overbearing Dominican mama aside. 

JW chick, hey at least this guy isn't a felon (that we know of yet) and appears at least to be financially stable. I would think he could work his trade in the US and make out ok and not have to worry about daily robberies when the lights go out (do they not have generators or solar power backups in SA? I mean, if this is a KNOWN issue, you would think someone would have a solution. You know, in the long run probably cheaper to invest in that than replacing shit from constant breakins). I predict he will end up coming to the US and not the other way around. 

Mary and Brandan. Oh boy....what hasn't already been said? This is not just toxic it is abusive AF. Even his white trash family can see it and for once isn't wrong to have an issue with the foreign partner. I would say they HAVE to be faking this, but then the way his family talked about it, if it is a fake out, then they haven't clued them in on it. All I could think about when he was giving the tour of his RV was just how that place and he must smell. Ugh. Both are mentally ill....imagine his reaction or hers if the dentist had said, no, no cell phones allowed in the exam rooms. I mean, she lives in a shack and bathes in the river where she also washes clothes and she gave up a college scholarship for this fool. She is a pretty girl and I can't believe she couldn't have found another American willing to put out some $$ and actually marry her. I mean, I think she is prettier than a lot of the other Philopena women we have seen on this franchise and her English is excellent.  I dont' think Brandan even sends her $$. How he even saved enough for a passport and a ticket are a mystery to me. What is the appeal for her? That he looks like Harry Potter?? Wasn't the last HP movie like 10 years ago?? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I used to really like Kenny and Armando but I think the 90D notoriety and money have gone to their heads and they are just participating in the grift now with fake storylines. I am tired of seeing them. To me they have squandered all their charm. 

I have no words for Brandan and Mary. I guess they really don’t have authority figures in their lives to put a stop to that 24/7 FaceTime. My 18 and 21 year old kids are adults and live with me and there is NO WAY I would allow that in my house. If you insist on having that weird toxicity in your life that prevents normal, face-to-face human interactions, do it on your own dime. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I guess they really don’t have authority figures in their lives to put a stop to that 24/7 FaceTime.

I think this is key given their young ages. And makes it more disturbing/tragic to me....Mary mentioned her parents abandoned her and her brother at a very young age and her grandparents raised them. I have no idea how old the grandparents are, I mean, they seemed rather old and frail. But they also have lived hard lives in those conditions/the village. So, who knows. It seems like she has had zero supervision or maybe the allure of an American talking to their granddaughter made them hesitant to pushback at all. They also could be very conservative and religious---she mentioned she is a virgin and if this relationship doesn't pan out, she will become a nun. That last part I find dubious---I can't imagine the convent would appreciate her shaking her ass on video and she needs that adulation.

Brandan----not sure what his father's deal is, but hey at least he was willing to step in and take over when his mom wasn't able to be a parent. Maybe he didn't do much, but he did keep his son out of the foster system and that isn't a small thing. No idea what if anything he does to earn actual money---maybe some sort of government assistance (SSI?)? While his godparents mean well, they are total enablers. Whenever I see a young man like Brandan, complaining they felt like they were drifting, directionless, I really wish they would consider the military. I know so many men and women like that who completely turned their lives around in that system. 

• Like 3
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

not sure what his father's deal is,

I thought he said his father was too strict. But if I had a kid with poor judgment that had been raised by an addict I would try some tough love too.  The kid doesn’t understand normal boundaries at all.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I could certainly be wrong as I'm no hair expert, but I have had cheap plastic extensions and up close, they look very similar.

I’m no expert either, but I also noticed that during the hair brushing scene. You could pretty clearly see a difference in the texture and the longer hair had that plastic-y synthetic shine that cheap Halloween wigs have. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Ladystardust said:

I’m no expert either, but I also noticed that during the hair brushing scene. You could pretty clearly see a difference in the texture and the longer hair had that plastic-y synthetic shine that cheap Halloween wigs have. 

Yes! OMG thank you, that is the reference I was looking for and couldn't think of. I have a number of those cheap plastic Halloween wigs (favorite holiday) and yea, they all have that "plastic-y synthetic shine" you mention, and it's exactly what I saw when she was ripping a brush through it. 

There's something not all there with this woman, so I shouldn't be surprised she thinks she's fooling us with these terrible extensions, but it stuck out to me that she outright lied about having them AND they're really low-effort, cheap plastic ones.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought he said his father was too strict. But if I had a kid with poor judgment that had been raised by an addict I would try some tough love too.  The kid doesn’t understand normal boundaries at all.

Makes sense....he probably pretty much did what he wanted, when he wanted and then bam at 14 with rules and structure, he rebelled. Big time. Reminds me of someone I know, he divorced when his kids were 10 and 8 and had full custody. Mom was a trainwreck with limited visits. Son's room was a pigsty and after months and months, he cleaned it up by tossing almost everything in trash bags. Now, a lot of it was actual trash, like layers and layers of pizza boxes and mcdonalds bags, etc. That he threw away. His clothes and belongings he put in bags too but kept in the room so he could go through them and wash them, etc. Son was almost 18 at that point, came home, saw what he did and when he was told he needed to KEEP it clean, grabbed the bags and went to his mom's house. Told the world "dad kicked me out." 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

If Mary’s family were such devout Catholics, her brother wouldn’t have kids with his girlfriend.  I thought her grandparents’ house was the nicest one we’ve seen from the Philippines.  Usually it’s the worst hovel they could find.

Brandan’s mother needs to shut her big mouth, with what she did to her kids’ lives.  He’s just as panicky about not seeing Mary every minute as Mary is with him, because he’s afraid of being abandoned again. That’s why Mary pretends the Wi-Fi is out to get a break from him.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DiamondGirl said:

If Mary’s family were such devout Catholics, her brother wouldn’t have kids with his girlfriend.

I thought this too.  Although maybe there is a double standard where it’s okay for men to have kids out of wedlock but not women.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought this too.  Although maybe there is a double standard where it’s okay for men to have kids out of wedlock but not women.

That would be about right for any religion but maybe he's not catholic and she had a vision like that idiotic traffic news woman.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
8 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

If Mary’s family were such devout Catholics, her brother wouldn’t have kids with his girlfriend.  I thought her grandparents’ house was the nicest one we’ve seen from the Philippines.  Usually it’s the worst hovel they could find.

And she would not participate in phone sex if she is nun material, it seems. I think that is a lie to make her storyline more dramatic. 

• Like 3

This whole Brandon/Mary thing is sick.  She is toxic and they fight and he is in no position to waste money on a ticket to the Philippines.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I don't understand the forums for the other way. I keep looking for specific episodes and it seems to be all over the place. As for the gal from the Philippines and the American and how they keep their phones on 24/7, that is not healthy. I'm beginning to feel sorry for anyone that grew up in the age of social media because they're using it as an excuse to spy on each other, be controlling, or play mind games in "the name of love". If you've never met physically there's no need to be tracking each other's movements.

I'm also wondering if I confused Violet (from Vietnam) with Mary (?) from the Philippines because now I can't remember which girl it was that snuck out to meet up with her male friends. That in itself demonstrates that these people are not memorable to me and therefore I don't want to invest any more viewing time.

On 7/10/2023 at 9:28 PM, Jade Foxx said:

NO COMMENTS???

That's what confused me because when I first came on to the site, I thought I was in the wrong forum.

• Like 1
On 7/10/2023 at 9:58 PM, AR Traveler said:

Oh, I'll start.

I thought I was watching a joke, Brandan and Mary watching one another 24/7 like a twisted Truman Show.  Oh, that's healthy.  That's a relationship based on trust and wanting the best for your loved one.  News flash, Brandan; if she's bad now, she'll be 10x worse in the Philippines when you're so isolated and on her turf.  And I believe he's got a controlling streak as well.  These people have abandonment issues out the yahoo.

I agree it's not a good beginning, but I don't even think it's abandonment issues. I think these people (for whatever reason) are undateable. They have no experience in dating as far as I can see, and I wish we could meet the parents to see what kind of role models they've been shown.They haven't a clue that this is NOT normal, and they think that by being obsessive with each other they're showing their "love" or connection). They're not, and they have nothing even close to being a functional relationship. Once again, this is an example of when social media can ruin a relationship.

On 7/11/2023 at 5:12 AM, greekmom said:

From Sunday's donuts and bananas to Brandan shitting on the toilet. Sharp. WTF!?!?
I feel bad in one way for Brandan but in another he needs to get his life together. Work hard, get out of the RV and not date some gal from the Philippines. And Mary is already lying to him. Mary is obsessively possessive. Plus who has the fucking time to be on facetime 24/7?  I found the end scene with his mom, sister , brother and Brandan hard to watch.i

I like Kenny/Armando but will ff through their stuff. They shouldn't have just stayed with their Pillow Talk gig or done a HEA instead. It's all made up storyline.

So, is Mary the one that snuck out to meet up with her friends? If so I feel bad because I thought it was Violet who did that. I'm sorry but I think Brandon's just a sucker who she's hoping to get something from. And as for Kenny and Armando, I love them but I'm over them. I don't mind when they do the couch reviews, but to me they're pretending to have an issue in order to get back on TV. I believe this is just something to get back on The Other Way

• Like 1
On 7/12/2023 at 8:29 AM, monagatuna said:

But that's why I thought maybe her hair is real, because the ends are so thin and raggedy looking. Most people with hair that long are going to have a lot of damage at the ends. But I'm curious as well, and you've got me wondering.

I feel like I need to make a public service announcement in the form of an apology. I love reading all the comments on these sites, and I love responding to them, but I've been slipping these last 6 months.

I don't know what it is with the 90-day franchise, but this last year I've been forgetting names, confusing the couples, forgetting details of their backstories especially when they seem beyond ridiculous, and it's getting to the point where all the Americans just appear the same. Meaning, dumb as a box of hair, and oblivious to red flag set normal Americans would pick up on. This show does such a disservice to this country.

So if you've noticed I've got my names wrong, or some things have been shared on the show, but for whatever reason I've missed it, I apologize in advance. Go easy on me...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 7/13/2023 at 11:34 AM, Red Bridey said:

Kiersten (?) is very pretty but man, she never even looks at Julio in *any* photo, just straight into the camera.

She's so self-absorbed that when she was riding behind him she was not looking around at the passing scenery or doing anything other than just vapidly filming herself!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

I don't understand the forums for the other way. I keep looking for specific episodes and it seems to be all over the place.

It’s broken down by season and episode. Only one episode has aired this season so far and this thread is for that.  You will see at the top it says season 5 episode 1.  Maybe you are confusing TOW with B90 because you have been talking about Violet here and she is on B90.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1