Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

It does! She mentioned it on the Red Carpet.

Awesome! I feel like every dress that isn't skin-tight should have pockets. If I ever get married, I'll probably try to have my wedding dress tailored to have pockets. Gotta stick my hands and chapstick somewhere while saying my vows. ;)

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 4

Nah al the big acting awards Are coming up. And I’m struggling to stay awake! I’ll be sorry in the morning but really need to see Viggo finally win!

1 minute ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I get that these people want to make impassioned speeches and all that but.. it’s getting late and tomorrow’s Monday.

Seriously. They need to start airing awards shows on Saturday!

Just now, Sake614 said:

Nah al the big acting awards Are coming up. And I’m struggling to stay awake! I’ll be sorry in the morning but really need to see Viggo finally win!

Unfortunately, he already lost--to Christian Bale.

• Love 3

OMG! Lady Gaga lost! I did hear correctly and not seeing things right? That is Glenn Close winning. Hopefully this leads to her finally winning that goddamn OScar which I always assumed she had won.

• Love 14

I loooove Glenn Close - ever since I saw her in Barnum with Jim Dale a hundred years ago!!  (I also love Lady Gaga, but she's got more chances in her future.  Not that Glenn doesn't.  Okay, I'll stop now).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

Unfortunately, he already lost--to Christian Bale.

Wait what? How did I miss that? And if royally sucks! I really thought this would be the year Hollywood finally woke upznd recognized his talent.

Glenn Close showed how you can thank a few people for their major contributions. That was a personal and genuinely emotional speech that I'll remember. Maybe the tiniest bit long when she went back to thanking people, but at least she knew to make her statement early. 

• Love 11

I can't stop crying.  This speech!  I wanted Glenn to win so badly.  She was wonderful in this movie that most people will not have seen.  I hope this is the first step to her finally winning an Oscar.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm just happy I was spared Gaga's sure to be pretentious as fuck speech,

I am pleased for Glenn Close and was really happy to not have to listen to a possible Gaga pretentious, rambling speech.

• Love 9

I love the fact that Brian May (of Queen) has a second life as a professor.  I think he’s a doctor!

Is winning a GG more prestigious than an Emmy?  Cuz all these people who have Emmys are overwhelmed with their GG wins and it’s a little weird to me.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

I expected to love A Star is Born and I didn't.  I wasn't expecting to love Bohemian Rhapsody and I did.  Rami winning makes me very happy! 

This is pretty much how I felt going into both movies.

• Love 2