Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Sugar said:

Jeff Bridges was quite the babe when he was younger. I've only ever known him as a middle aged-older guy, but he was pretty handsome.

Oh hell yeah he was. I remember back in the day feeling sorry for Beau, because Jeff got all the looks in the family.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I haven’t seen a Star is born. Mostly because I was getting sick of hearing or reading about how great it is. Like look I’m sure ya quite good but just everyone telling me it’s so great doesn’t drive me to see it. Sometimes I can’t with that. 

Truthfully I haven't seen it either, but I am just sick of my neighbour and their friends singing Shallow at the top of their drunken voice every damn weekend AND the fact the soundtrack stayed forever at #1 in my country. 

• Love 4

I'm just saying... if you haven't seen the movie Lifeguard (from the '70s), look it up.  Sam Elliott is saving lives and breaking hearts on the beach.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 6
Just now, irisheyes said:

Harrison Ford and my mom are birthday twins. That’s all I got right now.  

Add me to the list - also July 13 :)

3 minutes ago, Bill1978 said:

And with Alfonso winning and the fact I cheered that Bradley Cooper lost, I guess it's official A Star is Born is the movie I am going to love to hate this award season.

I'm with you on this. I loved Babs in the 76 version, and I think this remake is completely pointless and unnecessary. Also, I find Gaga insufferable (despite liking her music), so I hope they don't win a single thing for these very petty reasons. Also, I have not seen the movie, so my opinion is completely irrelevant.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

I knew it was going to be Rachel, but I so wanted it to be Alison Brie after I heard what went down with Chrissy at the Red Carpet.

What happened on the carpet? I was watching the eagles vs Chicago game so I missed carpet stuff! Except for stuff I saw on Instagram

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

Being a Hamilton fan, especially the original broadway cast, I mainly went to see Star is Born for Anthony Ramos.

I really wanted Kristin Bell to win. I grew so tired of Rachel Brosnahan's character during this past season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

• Love 2

I knew it was going to be Rachel, but I so wanted it to be Alison Brie after I heard what went down with Chrissy at the Red Carpet.

I heard some rumblings about that, what went down?! Dish!!!!

4 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I haven’t seen a Star is born. Mostly because I was getting sick of hearing or reading about how great it is. Like look I’m sure ya quite good but just everyone telling me it’s so great doesn’t drive me to see it. Sometimes I can’t with that. 

I didn't want to see it because I remember loving its predecessor (yum Kris Kristofferson), but after seeing some previews  when watching other movies in theaters, I wanted to see it.  Was blown away by the music and particularly Bradley Cooper's singing.  I was not surprised by Gaga, but I was by Bradley.  Good movie.  Love the music.  

• Love 5
Just now, tennisgurl said:

I apologetically love A Star is Born. I know that people will get sick of it this Awards season (and I totally get it) but I love it so damn much! Melodrama and all.

I saw Lady Gaga open for New Kids On The Block in 2008 (you read that right!)  Never thought she would be a few steps away from Oscar but the SAG nomination comes from other actors, so she has the support right now. If she wins that in a few weeks, I don't think anyone can stop her. 

• Love 4

Same! I was crossing everything hope hope hoping! I blame the wine.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

I'm just saying... if you haven't seen the movie Lifeguard (from the '70s), look it up.  Sam Elliott is saving lives and breaking hearts on the beach.

I'm addicted to his role as Wade in "Roadhouse".

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Sugar said:

Add me to the list - also July 13 :)

My best friend got married on July 13, and my sister and I tried to persuade her to run down the aisle with a boulder chasing her. She wasn't having it though. 

• Love 7

What happened on the carpet? I was watching the eagles vs Chicago game so I missed carpet stuff! Except for stuff I saw on Instagram

Don't remember the full story, but something about Chrissy being overheard saying Alison was a "bitch" over her mic.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Being a Hamilton fan, especially the original broadway cast, I mainly went to see Star is Born for Anthony Ramos

I didn't know he was in it until I was at the movie and said out loud - wow, Anthony Ramos!  

I liked the elements of the movie - directing, acting, songs - but the whole didn't hang together for me for some reason that I have yet to pinpoint.  And for the record, I call the Babs version A Star Is Stillborn.  I hated it (and I love Babs).  The Judy version is the gold standard for me. 

• Love 1
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Don't remember the full story, but something about Chrissy being overheard saying Alison was a "bitch" over her mic.

Chrissy tweeted that the story is completely fabricated and she would never say a bad word about Alison. I watched a clip of the moment and didn't hear her say that. I could be wrong, I don't hear so well. But Chrissy says it's a lie.

• Love 2

My wedding anniversary is July 13!  And we got married around the time that poster had the pictures of 55 year old Harrison on her wall, heh.

If Jeff Bridges was in a movie in 1958 that means he had to be closing in on 70, can that be right?

The Maisel show doesn’t look at all interesting to me.  The Emmy and GG love is baffling me.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh yeah, Roadhouse! As the mentor to philosophical bouncer Patrick Swaze! He is freaking amazing, as is EVERYTHING about Roadhouse.

"Be nice. Until it's time to NOT be nice."  Dalton's words of wisdom!

• Love 4

They just showed some preview of a fosse show with Michelle Williams? Like for real? 

Just now, Machiabelly said:

Idris Elbas daughter looks bored and over it.

I mean.. yeah. I would be too. All the fun people are at the InStyle party.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

And the breathy voice over for the movie promo. I remember it still! 

I adore Mrs Maisel, it’s beautifully done.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, WhosThatGirl said:

They just showed some preview of a fosse show with Michelle Williams? Like for real?

Something on FX about Gwen Verdon and Bob Fosse.  I can't wait. 

• Love 7