Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

And it's Rocketman for Song.  Sorry, Cats!

Considering the song for Cats did not make the short list for the Oscars, its award season is pretty much done. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Wait nothing from Lion King won a Grammy?

That was John and Tim Rice.  So imagine if they win the Oscar for this song?  The music world will be crying tears of joy. 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Really hope Jojo Rabbit gets to my area soon.  It just looks so weird, that I have to see if they pull it off.  Certainly looks like a film that Taika Waititi would make.

I thought it was much better than what I had expected from the ads I had seen.  It is funny but also very emotional too. Unique.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

And Disney loses again.  Maybe this'll give them a wake up call and start making new animated movies instead of sequels and remakes.

Maybe once they are done rolling around in all the dough said movies have made for them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Yay, Beyonce didn't win.

You have a fake niece?

She's my nephew's girlfriend/fiancee. He's 24, she's 23, and they've been together for 10 years. She calls me Aunt, her little sister calls me Aunt. She also calls my mom Grandma. The kicker is, he never actually asked her to marry him! LOL! He gave her a little heart ring one year at Valentine's Day, probably 3 or 4 years ago, and she started telling people they are engaged. He didn't argue or stop her, so I guess he's on board! LOL! So yeah, I call her my fake niece. But honestly, her family is a nightmare, so I can't blame her for claiming us and we are a shit show, so that should tell you how bad her's is. 

• Love 3
Just now, Diana Berry said:

Hasn’t marriage story already been done before as Kramer vs Kramer?

I had some similar feelings through part of it, but it’s very different I think.

• Love 2
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

Olivia didn’t expect to win but she needs to remember how awesome she is and plan accordingly.

I am fine with it. I prefer it to people just reading lists and she seems genuine. I am biased though because I love Olivia Coleman. 

• Love 3
Just now, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I briefly contemplated watching Marriage Story for about 3 seconds, but I don't like Scarlett Johansen, Adam Driver, or marriage.

I’m not a huge Johansen fan but they were both very good, especially Driver.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, ichbin said:

I thought it was much better than what I had expected from the ads I had seen.  It is funny but also very emotional too. Unique.

It has one image (at the end ) that always makes me tear up when I think of it.

• Love 1