Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I thought Jamie Alexander said shit too. I was slightly annoyed that she walked out and asked if they were suppose to say something. Umm....yeah, you are presenting.

I love Oscar Isaac, so I am pleased he won.

The Teleprompter didn't have their lines there either. 

The brunette in green is stunning. Who is she?

Jamie Alexander. Stars in "Blindspot".

Melissa McCarthy really is a beautiful woman. 

ETA: I really wish Gaga would go back to her natural brunette hair.  I can't help thinking she looks too much like a knock-off Madonna (who also looks better with her natural brunette hair...). 

Edited by loriro
  • Love 2

I thought Jamie Alexander said shit too. I was slightly annoyed that she walked out and asked if they were suppose to say something. Umm....yeah, you are presenting.

They were waiting on the prompter which didn't seem to be working.

Melissa McCarthy's trashbag dresses are so unfortunate, she's lost so much weight and you can tell just by looking at how slim her face is now compared to the clips they showed from Spy. But she clearly hasn't learned how to dress for her new body.

Gaga looked very glamorous. She does glam well but I still prefer to not hear her speak. 

Preferred Ben Mendelsohn, by Christian Slater is fun in Mr. Robot, so good for him.

If it isn't the most arrogant man on the planet, Mr. Jamie Foxx!  At least he's finally quit... oh, great, now Quentin Tarantino is here.  Can the screen contain all the smugness?!

• Love 4
Am I the only one who can't stand Jon Hamm?

I don't dislike him... I've just never gotten the infatuation. Is he really THAT good or was it more of a "he's the Susan Lucci of the Emmys so we're all gonna take him under our wing" phenomenon for a long time... ?

Christian Slater is, indeed, hot.

And Tarantino is drunk.

Yes, about Christian.  Ever since 'Heathers.'

And was Tarantino drunk? Was that it? I've been convinced for years that this talented writer/director lies somewhere on the autism spectrum. 

Did I hear that right?  The BBC is in trouble?  No!!

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/sep/07/bbc-cuts-bbc4-cbbc-cbeebies-news-channel-licence-fee

I kept meaning to check out Mr. Robot--ARGH!!  Disappointed that Tobias Menzies didn't win, but hey, Christian Slater's still looking hot as hell!!  (But...four decades???  I feel so old...*sob*)

Me too but I finally did when USA aired a 24 hr marathon the Wednesday before New Year's.

Kind of surprised the voters didn't go for a fresh face like Rami Malek or Wagner Moura, and decided to give Jon Hamm a finally send-off.  Almost as surprising, was Jon Hamm's random Chumbawamba reference.  Now, that's a reference I haven't heard in a very, very long time.

No surprise, the audience is way more comfortable at laughing at Gervais' jokes, when it is at the expense of the Trumpster!

• Love 2

Jon Hamm won Rami Malek's Golden Globe.

I'm happy for Christian Slater but RM's mesmerizing performance in Mr. Robot really needed to be recognized.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 7