Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I am certain Goldie Hawn is just doing some schtick. But someone should tell her that the whole "cutie pie ditz" persona that served her so well for many years, really doesn't work at 70. And it clearly makes people think she is either drunk or having a senior moment. 

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 19
Just now, Mountainair said:

Can't tell if Amy and Goldie are going by script or it's just that terrible!

That was odd.  I thought they turned a mistake Goldie made and went with it at first, now I am not sure either. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I hate how all the supporting roles for television are lumped into one category.

Wait what?  Is that why "This Is Us" was in the same category with "The Night Manager?"  That's stupid.

• Love 6

What a great a acceptance speech just then by Gosling. 

I remember Ryan Reynolds from 2 guys and a Girl? I think that was the name of the show on ABC like a million years ago. I thought he was cute then and I was probably 12!

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Sweet Jesus, Matt Bomer is just too pretty for words.

The new highlight of the night for me. I just love staring at him. He's made me watch movies I never would have otherwise (coughMagicMikeXXLcough). 

• Love 2

I got SUPER tired of all of the hype for "La La Land" over the last five months and that has not abated.  (I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly and that is all they have talked about and they made me hate it.)

I'll wait for it to hit HBO.

• Love 10

La La Land's screenplay was probably one of the weaker elements.  Haven't seen Manchester by the Sea or Moonlight yet, but I would probably have picked Hell or High Water over it.  Oh, well.

Wow, I knew this was only Damien Chazalle's second film ever, but he's got quite the babyface.  Like "I wonder if he still gets carded at bars" babyface.

• Love 2

I'd be more willing to watch lala land (lalaland? la la land?) if it was Reynolds instead of Gosling. And I like musicals! But this one is about as appealing to me as the movie version of Chicago, and Moulin Rouge. 

Kristen Wiig is wearing a human doily. :-o

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

I got SUPER tired of all of the hype for "La La Land" over the last five months and that has not abated.  (I subscribe to Entertainment Weekly and that is all they have talked about and they made me hate it.)

I'll wait for it to hit HBO.

Have the Oscar nominations been announced yet?  Because "La La Land" sounds like a lock for a nomination and one of the front-runners for the win.

• Love 1

I would love some sort of combo of Steve Carell/Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert as hosts. Some people work better when they can bounce jokes off of each other, though it does not work for everyone. Anne Hathaway and James Franco Oscars for example.

I wanted a Moana win. 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 3