Type keyword(s) to search

Agent Carter in the Media

Who would win in a fight: Grant or Peggy?
Published on Aug 2, 2015, by Ezriela

Coulson's SHIELD vs. Peggy's SHIELD
Published on Aug 2, 2015, by Ezriela

Brett Dalton and Hayley Atwell learning to Irish dance
Published on Aug 2, 2015, by EireGirl 3/17

Hayley Atwell Reaction to Brett Dalton's Dubsmash
Published on Aug 2, 2015, by XmaxNews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWlmg5kHsaA

Brett Dalton - ‪#‎Dubsmashwars
Published on Aug 2, 2015, by Juliane Galena

Oh, squee.

I know Carter kicks ass and all. I'm just having a she's so pretty moment.

Maybe it's the period look? I just think she's dazzling.

Well, she's very symmetrical. ;)

I really appreciated that they made her look beautiful without the typical sexy stuff.

She also has a clenched fist but is still feminine. Good job, poster makers!

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Because of course it's logical to cast a Dutch actress to play a Hungarian Jewish Holocaust escapee. I'll get over it as long as Verbeek is a good actress, but I am so unhappy with this casting. I don't care about a Jewish actress being cast or a specifically Hungarian actress being cast, but I did expect them to cast someone who looks remotely plausible as a Hungarian Jewish woman. 

I am excited about the Reggie Austin news and the character description for Madame Masque, though.

• Love 2

Agreed, Zuleikha -- I looked at a photo of Verbeek, and comparing it to my mother's (Hungarian Jewish) family, she doesn't look it. It would be nice if Hollywood let Jewish actors play Jewish characters when it's not for villainy or comic relief, but I suspect this has an element of name recognition involved. :\

Still, looking forward to seeing what the new season brings.

• Love 1

ABC Sets Midseason Schedule & Return Dates: No ‘Secrets & Lies’ Or ‘Uncle Buck’
by Nellie Andreeva •  November 16, 2015 1:47pm
http://deadline.com/2015/11/abc-midseason-schedule-return-dates-secrets-lies-uncle-buck-1201625756/

... Once and S.H.I.E.L.D. again will have their fall and spring runs bridged by Galavant and Agent Carter, respectively....
TUESDAY, JANUARY 5

9-11 p.m.: “Marvel’s Agent Carter” (Season 2 premiere, two hours, regular time period 9-10 p.m.)

AGENT CARTER: FIRST OFFICIAL LOOK AT HAYLEY ATWELL'S PEGGY IN SEASON 2

BY LUCY O'BRIEN  16 NOV 2015

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/17/agent-carter-first-official-look-at-hayley-atwells-peggy-in-season-2

Marvel's Agent Carter's second season will premiere January 5, 2016 on ABC - a few months before Marvel's Agents of SHIELD returns from hiatus on March 8th. The official description for the show places the photo above in Peggy's new LA home: read it below.

“Marvel’s Agent Carter” returns for a second season of adventure and intrigue, starring Hayley Atwell in the titular role of the unstoppable agent for the SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve). Dedicated to the fight against new Atomic Age threats in the wake of World War II, Peggy must now journey from New York City to Los Angeles for her most dangerous assignment yet. But even as she discovers new friends, a new home – and perhaps even a new love – she’s about to find out that the bright lights of the post-war Hollywood mask a more sinister threat to everyone she is sworn to protect."

Edited by tv echo

14 episodes? Wasn't it supposed to be 8 again? That's the first time I'm hearing about it!

Okay I'm officially confused. Some sources are saying Carter is airing new 9-11 every week, and other sources are saying that's just for the season premier.

Lending credence to the two-hours every week thing is that ABC didn't announce anything else for that 10 slot, and the only thing they have sitting on deck unannounced is Secrets & Lies which couldn't fit all its esp in before Kings & Prophets is scheduled to take over the spot in Mar.

And actually, ABC didn't announce a slot for Marvel's Most Wanted either. Weird.

• Love 1

FYI, the tv-watching blog Mark Watches just started with Agent Carter this morning: http://markwatches.net/reviews/2015/11/mark-watches-agent-carter-s01e01-now-is-not-the-end/

If you've not read Mark before (either his Mark Watches or his Mark Reads blogs), he goes into watching/reviewing shows and books with knowing practically nothing about them. This time, at least, he's seen all of the Marvel movies up to this point, so he's up on the backstory. Read his spoiler alert warnings at the top of the linked post so you know what his posting policy is, if you want to post a comment. Otherwise, enjoy his OMG! responses.

• Love 1

Well, she's very symmetrical. ;)

I really appreciated that they made her look beautiful without the typical sexy stuff.

She also has a clenched fist but is still feminine. Good job, poster makers!

I love the new artwork for the same reason. See, PR people? You can make a woman look hot without showing major cleavage, lots of skin, or the typical female poses (breasts or butt in profile, back turned so you can see her ass). She looks strong and hot without any of those cliches!

Awww, I still think of her as Giulia Farnese from The Borgias (RIP Cesare/Lucrezia incest romance!).

• Love 2

http://www.avclub.com/article/best-tv-performances-2015-229276

The best TV performances of 2015

Hayley Atwell, Marvel’s Agent Carter
Nothing against Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., but watch any given five minutes of its spin-off/prequel series Agent Carter and it’s obvious what the parent show is missing: an actual star. As the resourceful, glamorous government agent Peggy Carter, Hayley Atwell carries herself with class, but never lets her character become too blandly goody-goody. She’s obstinate, she’s witty, and she’s all-too-aware of the brave soldiers who’ve died during her years battling insidious evil organizations, from the Nazis to Hydra. There are even layers of irritation and melancholy to Atwell’s performance, as she fights to be taken seriously by men who have no idea what she’s capable of. Even in the show’s abbreviated first season, Agent Carter is a fully realized heroine, thanks in large part to the woman wearing her fabulous clothes.

• Love 13

http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agent-carter/news/updates/watch-marvels-agent-carter-season-1-for-free-160106?linkId=20181132

Watch Marvel's Agent Carter Season 1 for Free Before the Season Premiere!

Get excited: Marvel's Agent Carter is returning in less than two weeks! That's right - Peggy, Jarvis and the gang are back... and this time they're headed to Los Angeles. But before the highly-anticipated Season 2 premiere, you can now catch up on Peggy's adventures from Season 1. Whether you missed a few episodes or just want to refresh your memory, you can watch the entire first season of Marvel's Agent Carter for free without signing in. So what are you waiting for?! Catch up on all of the action below!

The abc.com page above has individual links to each of the eight episodes from Season 1,  No sign-in required.

The overnight ratings are not good for our Peggy.  :(
https://twitter.com/TVGrimReaper/status/689841827709526016

TV Grim Reaper ‏@TVGrimReaper  2h2 hours ago
#AgentCarter ratings (1.0, 0.9) start low. Last season it was renewed with borderline ratings. Those might not be borderline.

https://twitter.com/TVGrimReaper/status/689844288616697856

TV Grim Reaper ‏@TVGrimReaper  2h2 hours ago
History lesson: 2015 #AgentCarter premiere ratings 1.9

I'm thinking that an ad for the next MCU movie made up a block only a MCU nerd would sit through live. After four movies another Captain America special was too much. I wonder if an Agents of SHIELD tie in meant that the schedule could not have slid for the State of the Union address?

DC was promoting the upcoming Superman Vs Batman, Justice League, Suicide Squad  and Wonder Woman movies on the CW when the first Agent Carter episode aired and despite what hardcore Marvelites want to believe they're getting a lot of buzz and excitement over the MCU now.

Edited by VCRTracking

The State of the Union delayed the premiere a couple weeks I think.  I'm not completely positive but I don't think Agent Carter was up against this many shows that were returning from winter breaks last year.  I'm not sure what was on at 9/10 because I was watching AC.  But Flash, NCIS, Fox Comedy line up were all new episodes at 8PM so I presume the rest of their line up was mostly back for the evening as well.  Certainly those shows were going to start people out on other networks and there are lead ins for a reason.

I really don't think ABC (read: Disney) gives a damn about the live+same day for Carter or Shield. Both shows do well on dvr, generate other revenue streams including comics, are basically an info-mercial Dr the movies, and despite what Disney states about the movie and tv stuff being handled by different departments that don't communicate, it largely believed that the budgets for Shield & Carter are buried in different movie budgets.

All that aside, when you look at broadcast ratings overall, ABC in general, and their Tuesday night specifically, I think ABC knows they are highly unlikely to do any better.

Don't forget, ABC is adding two more Marvel tv shows next season, and their are rumors they may be adding a Star Wars show as early as next January. ABC continues to need midseason programming. ABC "know [Carter's] value".

• Love 2
I'm not completely positive but I don't think Agent Carter was up against this many shows that were returning from winter breaks last year.

Tuesday had so much genre programming on in the same couple hours I couldn't DVR it all. I only got it all in by recording the 1 AM re-airing of the Expanse, and I've only seen it all because I was off work sick yesterday. It's only going to get worse - there was no iZombie airing this week. But the Flash and the Shannara Chonicles and Shadowhunters competed for the genre audience, along with a preview of DC's Legends of Tomorrow. And Teen Wolf if that's your kind of thing, I guess. This timeslot totally sucks for yet another comic book show. 

Edited by that one guy

If it struggles on the network, move it to Netflix. I'd rather be able to watch the whole season in one or two sittings anyway. Netflix is clearly becoming a better platform for what people like to call "genre shows". 

Not to generalise, but I think those into scifi/comic book/fantasy shows are more likely to embrace new media technologies and find ways and times to watch their shows that are convenient to them, rather than to the networks.

• Love 2

I think Marvel TV badly needs a success d'estime. I'd be genuinely surprised, given how factors other than viewership and consistent quality have gone into keeping AOS on the air, if they didn't hold on to Carter.

I'm also pretty sure the endless cross-promotion on social media wasn't entirely intended to help Carter.

• Love 1

I wasn't able to watch the show live so I went to ABC's website to watch it.  And 1-You can't find it under "Agent Carter", it's listed under "Marvel's Agent Carter" and 2-If you pause the video player, there's no way to restart.  You have to reboot the player.  Though fortunately, it does pick up where it left off.

Cast members talking about their characters & S2 - there are a bunch so I'm putting them under the cut, but no spoilers:

S2 B roll (scenes are from episodes that haven't aired yet, but as a spoilerphobe I feel that these two scenes don't give away anything):

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ratings-the-flash-chicago-fire-chicago-med-tuesday-1201689911/

ABC again finished fifth among the English-language broadcasters, as “Marvel’s Agent Carter” (0.9/3 in 18-49, 2.9 million viewers overall) was at least able to match last week’s low premiere score; in “live plus-3” estimates for last week, “Carter” grew 45% in 18-49 (to 1.33 rating) and 40% in total viewers (to 4.44 million).

• Love 1

Good News for Hayley, probably not good news for Agent Carter (or us):

Hayley Atwell Lands Lead in Conviction Legal Drama Pilot at ABC.

I saw this, too! I can't believe people don't love this show!

I hope so much that she can just do both of these, especially since AC isn't a full season show. Please???

• Love 4