Type keyword(s) to search

Agent Carter in the Media

22 hours ago, ratgirlagogo said:

So Besame is at long last releasing a make-up line based on Agent Peggy Carter:

http://www.revelist.com/beauty-news-/agent-carter-makeup-launch/11964/besames-most-recent-fan-email-update-reveals-the-release-date-for-its-agent-carter-collection-is-the-week-of-april-23/1

Can't wait to see if they make that knock-out drug lipstick we've all been waiting for.

So random. How long had Carter been off the air and they’re doing this now? Riding on the coat-tails of the Infinity Wars?

Interesting article stating that ABC wanted to cancel Agent Carter and then put Hayley Atwell into what they thought would be a more profitable TV show:

Because, as it turns out, no-one really wanted Agent Carter to go – apart from its home network. Not Marvel (who "didn't want it to end"), not Hayley and certainly not the fans.

The reason, she reveals, is money, suggesting that her other ABC drama Conviction was more profitable: "I think it was just a network economical thing."

"It's a shame the network cancelled it and wanted to put me in something more mainstream," Hayley told The AV Club, suggesting ABC wanted something "less genre-specific".

"[The network thought], 'Let's put Hayley Atwell in something more mainstream that's less genre-specific and see if we can get higher ratings.' And unfortunately, that isn't, as an actor, anything I've got control over."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/marvels-agent-carter/news/a854563/hayley-atwell-agent-carter-cancelled-explanation/?utm_content=bufferc4a7c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=maintwitterpost

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Wow they really screwed the pooch with that one.

Yeah, it seemed that Agent Carter was the better choice to keep around, IMO. It was shorter and had to have a lower SFX  budget than AoS. Plus, a few months after that AoS ratings were so low that Disney had to forced ABC to not even considered to cancel the show. And going onto the AoS forums here the show really, IMO, took a nosedive in terms of quality and ratings continue to get lower (hell, they are lower than Inhumans numbers. Granted Inhumans only had 8 episodes but they have, so far, bottom out to 1.82 in LIVE ratings, last week, while Inhumans bottomed out at like 1.95). 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1
On 6/2/2018 at 10:33 PM, HunterHunted said:

From this article to their eyes! Please, let’s finally see Peggy building Shield. And she better build it with WOMEN. Honestly, I doubt if Agent Carter came back they would do this but I want a season of 100% female directors like Jessica Jones. And I want more than one gal-pal for Peggy. Hell, I want to be greedy and have more than one female agent!

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, SnoGirl said:

From this article to their eyes! Please, let’s finally see Peggy building Shield. And she better build it with WOMEN. Honestly, I doubt if Agent Carter came back they would do this but I want a season of 100% female directors like Jessica Jones. And I want more than one gal-pal for Peggy. Hell, I want to be greedy and have more than one female agent!

I liked the Jarvis/Peggy/Howard dynamic on the show. And they kind of made Peggy friends with that one S.S.R. secretary and Peggy also had that one Russian (well during this time period, Soviet) agent Dottie being her evil foil on the show. Come to think about it, Peggy was also friends with that one waitress that wanted to be an actress. 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 3