Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E19: Sliding Toward Decision Day

• Start Topic

With Decision Day around the corner, one husband's lingering doubts leave his wife wondering if he will ever be satisfied.  Meanwhile, a group of flirtatious singles gives the wives a glimpse at what life after Decision Day could look like.  Some brides don't like what they see, but one is intrigued. and possibly open to accepting an indecent proposal. 

Airs Wednesday May 10 at 8:00PM EDT.

This is also the place to discuss "Decision Day Dish: Nashville" immediately following.

Former Married at First Sight favorites return to debate the uncertain future of the Nashville couples as Decision Day approaches.  As they discuss the most controversial moments of the current season, the group also shares surprising updates on their own lives and reveals never-before-heard stories from their own Decision Day experiences.

• Like 4

Oh Good Lord.  STFU Nicole.  You talk too much .. I don’t even know what you are saying.  Your babbling about the future is too soon.  He just might dump you, as you are too much and desperate.  Just put a leash on him already.  It doesn’t matter what they all say on decision day.  After a few weeks, most split anyhow.

• Like 8

I hope he ditches her, but I think he’s probably too nice. Nicole is just exhausting. She’s the girl who starts talking marriage halfway through the first date, and then never shuts up again. Ever. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
Just now, Crashcourse said:

She just had to keep babbling on and on.  The man couldn't even eat his steak in peace.  

She threw that gigantic piece of steak down in one shot.  Yikes.  She should forget about the bare shoulders on all her tops.  It’s not a good look or sexy.  She’s too much all around for anyone, and has to calm down.

Chris will say yes, then won’t get an apartment for both of them.  He’ll let her down easy, as he’s a nice guy.

• Like 10

I don’t think Shaq will say yes.  Gina thinks who the hell she is.  She keeps knocking him every turn, and being a gentlemen, he takes the jabs.  She’s too full of herself.  I don’t know why.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Sliding toward Decision Day? More like crawling, to me. I sure hope that next week IS D Day. And then we get the recaps and the reunions and the Where Are They Now shows. Maybe those will be more interesting than what we see now. One can hope.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 8
  • Applause 2

This show was too long this time.  It never ended and got very boring with all the activities and games.  Too much of nothing.  Nicole should interview to be a counselor for the show.  She never stops with her opinions and instructions for a good marriage.  ( kidding).  She’s boring.

• Like 8

I missed a couple weeks in April and now I just can’t bring myself to watch. Maybe I’ll tune back in for decision day. I really need at least one couple I can root for and I just didn’t have it this season.

• Like 3

Hello Nicole. Please put the tank tops and spaghetti strap tops away. Yes, you have a pretty nice chest however your tattoos are a distraction.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I thought Mac was a nice guy, but I was wrong. That was really foul that he slid in Gina's DMs before decision day. At this point, he's negatively impacting her time during the experiment. Now we know why Gina didn't give Clint a chance.

Do you all think Airriss should have told Clint? 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

I thought Mac was a nice guy, but I was wrong. That was really foul that he slid in Gina's DMs before decision day. At this point, he's negatively impacting her time during the experiment. Now we know why Gina didn't give Clint a chance.

I didn’t watch tonight so forgive my ignorance. Mac “slid in Gina’s DMs” while she was still filming for the show? We Gina actually receptive to his advances? I wouldn’t guess that Mac would be her type either. Maybe even less so than Clint?

• Like 2

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that Mac said he slid into Gina's dm's b/c she had a friend who was a celebrity of some sort, that Mac was interested in. It did sound plausible, until Mac did then say to the camera that if Gina were single, he'd be open to a date. It remains to be seen what actually was said in those dm's.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

Nicole really wanted to be in the spotlight with the guys in the bar.  She kept twirling around and talking and talking to them.  She is exhausting.  I did notice none of the guys seemed interested in Gina.  I still do not know why she thinks she is all that.  

• Like 8
9 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

yeah, would it have been so hard for mac to have waited until this dreadful decision day had passed? he's a snake and disgusting. but he and gina deserve each other.

i know airris would not want to get involved, but, hell, yeah, he could have told clint so he could see the whole picture and realize gina is not worth any more effort

• Like 5
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Nicole really wanted to be in the spotlight with the guys in the bar.  She kept twirling around and talking and talking to them.  She is exhausting.  I did notice none of the guys seemed interested in Gina.  I still do not know why she thinks she is all that.  

I don’t care for Gina either.  She is rude to Clint.  She’s not all that either like she thinks she is with those choppers and big lips.    Nicole .. She is just too much all around.  A real know it all pain in the ass.  Is Chris alive?  He hasn’t said a word in weeks.  I think he’s had enough of her.  Doubt they will get an apartment together.  Can’t stand Krysten, Nicole, Gina.

• Like 9
4 hours ago, LakeGal said:

i think nobody else really has anything to say so the producers have had nicole play the role of group spokesperson just so there will be something to show. 

these people are all pretty boring, there's no big fights or table tossing, so they had to do something to try to keep us from falling asleep during each episode. 

• Like 6
9 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that Mac said he slid into Gina's dm's b/c she had a friend who was a celebrity of some sort, that Mac was interested in. It did sound plausible, until Mac did then say to the camera that if Gina were single, he'd be open to a date. It remains to be seen what actually was said in those dm's.

Yes - Gina is friends with some celebrity Mac follows and he DM’ed her to ask about it. However, he talked quite a bit about how he thinks she’s attractive and he’d shoot his shot if and when he can, which I found distasteful.

43 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

How old are Mac and Gina?  She seems too old for him!

I’m fairly sure they’re the same age. Maybe a year apart, which doesn’t count. I think he’s 34 and she’s 35.

Gina thinks very highly of herself, which … I mean, I think she’s kind of an asshole. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

SHUT UP, Nicole!!!! I am so sick of her (and I realize that it is all production who is throwing her at us). I don't have much hope for them after D Day. The fact that Chris mentioned that if they don't live together for a while again, it seems like he needs that time to decide or let it go. But, he won't do it on camera. I sure don't want to see Nicole show up on any of the future couples shows, although we know she will. I didn't watch them last night as soon as I saw Alexis. She did seem to have more of herself covered, but in black leather. Nicole - tank tops are NOT your friend. Buy yourself a damn bra and cover yourself. She really did look nice in the TH with the purple outfit. Oh, and Gina? Lose the crop tops. Leave those for Jasmine. 

Gina is a total dud and she openly hates Clint now. Why tell him how weird he is with one week to go? She doesn't ever have to see him again, so why be so mean. That's who she is. And I did enjoy that she got NONE of the attention of the "group of single men who just happened to show up where the women were." Other than Mac, I don't think anyone will be interested in her. She is not anything close to the image she has in her mind.

Jasmine will be just fine. She does seem to have grown the most and is the most comfortable in her own skin (and teeth). I really like her. I truly hope that Airris says yes and she says no.

I don't know what Shaq wants and either does he. Kirsten has been as much of a wife to him as she can be and has no clue what he means when he says he doesn't feel secure. She is doing everything he wants - even getting her dad to finally meet hm before D Day. She needs to say no and know that she did everything possible. He doesn't have time or energy for a wife, other than someone to watch him be Shaq. And if he does say yes, it is only because he wants her family.

Mac? Interesting that they keep showing him with the guys and we have never seen Dom, thank goodness. I am not sure I buy that crap about wanting to meet someone that Gina follows. Especially when he said he would go out with her. I think they deserve each other. Not liking either of them. It seems like when he and Dom were on, the focus was on how awful she was and he had our support. Now that we know him a bit better, I don't like him.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I listen more than I watch this show.  I was not paying attention and the channel did a commercial for the show Meet, Marry, Murder.  I looked up and thought MAFS had taken a really bad turn.  I always did wonder if someone from this show might end up on Dateline. But it was probably the most interesting moment for me while the show was on.    

• LOL 7

Well, that was a different twist, for the producers to send in some young handsome dudes to chat up the ladies at the "club".  Nicole strikes me as the type who never gets any attention from men so she tries to hang with the "cool girls" to get their leftover rejects. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

OMG, just watched the “club” scene.  Nicole in the middle of the guys as usual.  She really thinks she’s all that.  Ugh!   Shut up, sit down, then buy a bunch of new tops.  You look like a linebacker.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4

This was the most boring episode I think they have ever had.  How many minutes did we have to spend with the "singer/songwriter" listening to the platitudes given by Shaq and Kirsten?  This season has totally turned me around on Shaq and Kirsten.  I started out really liking him and not her and that has completely changed.  I don't know what Shaq envisions as being supportive outside of following him to all of his meetings and activities.

Gina is horrible IMO.  Telling him directly that he is bizarre when, in reality, she is the one who is bizarre.  I just don't get her at all.  She referenced his comments from the honeymoon (again), but seemingly forgot her own comments to him, which came first.  She made faces at him while at the horse farm, she made disparaging remarks (again) when she was with the other women.  She just doesn't stop.  Even Paige was nicer to Chris (Atlanta disaster relationship if case someone doesn't know who they are) than Gina is to Clint.  However, I am very, very confident that Clint will be very busy dating other women after this show is over.  He packed a picnic!!!  But, Gina doesn't think he ever does anything for her (she probably thinks he packed it for himself and therefore isn't meaningful in any way).

Nicole: Just. Be. Quiet!!!  As far as her clothing choices, I think she chooses things to show off her breasts thinking that will get the male attention for which she is desperately seeking.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Gina is just one of those typically boring sorority types.  Her favorite color is likely beige.  Which is fine.  For her.

And she is happy in her beige bubble where the most important issues revolve around the length of someones bangs.

She probably has glanced at the outside world swirling in colors and textures and feels sorry for (superior to?) those stuck out in the "chaos".

She doesn't seem like an evil person; just a really, really boring person.

I hope she finds a cul-de-sac and a hubby in a golf polo to build her dreams around because this marriage is not a good fit for her.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

This was the most boring episode I think they have ever had. 

I noticed that fact when they had a looooong scene of Clint and Gina riding horses off in the distance.  And a couple (can't even remember who it was) in a kayak, paddling along silently.  Who cares?

Why aren't these people talking about money?  That's always interesting.  Like Kirsten telling Shaq she expected him to buy them a house.  That begs for follow-up.  And Nicole's bankruptcy.  I'm trying to put my finger on why this season is so boring, and I think it might be because they've spent so much time narrating their relationship instead of having the viewers watch them in their relationship.  And I think that's why Clint and Nicole, in particular, seem to never. shut. up. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

You know, they've been showing that clip of him saying this in a show promo for weeks now. I should have known it wasn't going to be that big a deal. Oddly though, they haven't shown Gina discussing these dm's with anyone. I doubt if he really messaged her at all and production is just making a call back to Gina ( I think she said this in a TH long ago... ) saying Mac was more her type than Clint.

16 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Nicole sure did! She even had to make introductions for all the wives, as if they couldn't speak for themselves. Then later, she's the one who tells us, in a convo with Chris, if Jasmine accepted that guy's offer to go off somewhere in his car, or not. I didn't think she would, but I'm not sure why didn't they just show the footage of her refusing. Nicole's account didn't make it more exciting or anything. I do wonder if she told Chris about declaring to those guys that she's the alpha to his beta in their relationship, and if he agrees with that assessment. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 5/10/2023 at 5:50 PM, Crashcourse said:

She just had to keep babbling on and on.  The man couldn't even eat his steak in peace.  

And she’s so annoyingly competitive, she just had to win at torching the crème brûlée.  And what a marathon that was, it took me two days to get through all that and I know i dozed off a few times so still missed some of the crap.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, cinsays said:

i think nobody else really has anything to say so the producers have had nicole play the role of group spokesperson just so there will be something to show. 

these people are all pretty boring, there's no big fights or table tossing, so they had to do something to try to keep us from falling asleep during each episode. 

Hasn’t kept me awake 🥱💤

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, endure said:

Hasn’t kept me awake 🥱💤

If that’s not enough, they have like three after parties, couples couch, etc, etc.  Who gives a shit?  Enough with this show.  Most people have bailed already.  It’s gotten very boring and repetitive.

• Like 7
On 5/11/2023 at 11:34 AM, suzeecat said:

Nicole strikes me as the type who never gets any attention from men so she tries to hang with the "cool girls" to get their leftover rejects. 

She strikes me as the type who takes whatever male attention she can get. She described some past toxic/abusive relationships, and I suspect her thought process has been “better him than no one,” which isn’t healthy. Chris seems like a nice guy, if a bit dull, and she’s going to mess up a good thing if she doesn’t calm the hell down.

• Like 8

Who died and made Nicole Boss?  She has her face in everyone’s business like she’s an expert on everything.  Why isn’t she married?  Thes guys she went with supposidely, probably dumped her ass.  Just because she fixed Chris’s dog situation doesn’t mean he owes her.  She’s always ten steps ahead of everything.  Chris will not want to get an apartment with her.  That will be the end of them, I hope.  He’s too soft.  He better man up.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It was so boring I fell asleep watching it. I think the problem is that we don't really have any couples that are having interesting drama. The best we've got is...Gina and Clint, and it's mostly her insulting him? Clint seems like a catch to me, even if he's a little goofy! 

I guess Chris and Nicole are our best hope for a couple that actually stays together but I find her annoying and him completely bland.

• Like 7

I agree. I think the only couples saying 'yes' will be Chris and Nicole and I look for them to divorce before the Where Are They Now? show. They will probably still be together at the Reunion, which is 3 months after D Day. But, I am sure that he will hit his limit pretty fast, if he hasn't already.

I think the rest are doomed. I feel the most sorry for Clint, who I really like, and Jasmine, who really wanted this to work. I still think Kirsten is annoying, but Shaq is worse. At first, I thought that he was the better "find," but, now I think that she has been trying the most to make it work. I think she blew it when she told him that she expected him to buy her a house so she could tell her friends. I don't think he ever recovered from that.

The ones I actively dislike the most are Gina, Airris and NICOLE.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
(edited)
On 5/10/2023 at 5:48 PM, kristen111 said:

Oh Good Lord.  STFU Nicole.  You talk too much .. I don’t even know what you are saying.  Your babbling about the future is too soon.  

Sadly, I think this is just a nervous/anxious reaction she has little control over. She knows she does this, but she can't help it. Chris needs to come up with a phrase that will let her know she's spinning out/perseverating on an issue that shouldn't be an issue, while reassuring her he is still supportive, but she needs to STOP.

Easy for me to say as I've had a lifetime of spinning/perseverating when faced with something I've no control over. Aargh, but all my husband has to say is, "Enough!" Which tells me he's had his fill of my ramblings and/or my hypotheticals. And I appreciate this as it stops me from ranting without disrespecting me.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

The best we've got is...Gina and Clint, and it's mostly her insulting him? Clint seems like a catch to me, even if he's a little goofy! 

I think the show has lost its lustre because we viewers now question the true intentions behind each of the participants.

Clint reminds me of an ex who was the life of the party, outspoken and a unique individual. His humour was "different" than mine, and I also felt embarrassed for him when he acted out (like Gina mentioned). As my mother pointed out, "Anything a future mate says or does NOW that is a little annoying, will become an insurmountable problem, years down the road".

Last note. Despite the bravado (or indifference) Ariss and Shaq initially displayed, I think they were overwhelmed that the experts gave them the hard working, beautiful wives. It's almost like they don't feel they deserve these women.

Then again, what do I know.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Then again, what do I know.

As much as any of us 😀

6 hours ago, Retired at last said:
7 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Less than one page of posts kind of says it all.

Especially since this page can have posts about the main show and BOTH of the shows that followed.

I didn't even bother locking the thread for replies before the episode aired, I knew there would be none...and I was right!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
On 5/10/2023 at 8:54 PM, NowVoyager said:

Now we know why Gina didn't give Clint a chance.

Gina and Clint remind me of a situation I was once in. I had just started dating a nice fellow, and somehow a discussion of what we find attractive came up. I was general in my response (kind, humour, employed, lol) whereas he spoke of physical attributes. I made note that I had NOTHING that he could check off his list. I immediately friend zoned him, and our now friendship trailed off to no contact after a few months. There's nothing he could have done or said that would have changed this, and I regret the way I left it. All because of my own insecurities. Gina (and Clint?) are still smarting from Honeymoon comments.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
(edited)

Second-hand cringe embarrassment at Nicole twirling around in her look-at-me, look-at-me dance.  Yikes.

The one guy kept saying she was the boss, and her husband must be the Beta.  She countered him so many times, yet he saw right through her.  He said she wears the pants, he's the Beta.  Funny how this guy who seemingly came out of nowhere can see right through her.  Unless production put him up to it.  Oh naw, they'd never.....

They guy who came on to Jasmine annoyed me, dangling his keys, saying his 740 was right outside.  And then he said, "one of his cars".  Ugh.  Run, Jasmine.  If Airris doesn't work out, please lose this guy's number too.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 9
On 5/11/2023 at 7:26 AM, Empress1 said:

I’m fairly sure they’re the same age. Maybe a year apart, which doesn’t count. I think he’s 34 and she’s 35.

I've only had one rule when it comes to dating and age. If I were to guess the time when women begin to think about having kids, I'd guess it starts at 18.

Therefore, I do not support an age difference of 18 or more years. To put it crassly,  If I can birthe you, I'm not going to boink you.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I've only had one rule when it comes to dating and age. If I were to guess the time when women begin to think about having kids, I'd guess it starts at 18.

Therefore, I do not support an age difference of 18 or more years. To put it crassly,  If I can birthe you, I'm not going to boink you.

Good point, and back in my dating days - dating someone my father’s age was so off limits.

• Like 1

OMG Kirsten sounded so bad!!!!! 😬If she was on that track, it was probably so low she couldn't be heard. Hopefully. 🤣🤣 No that woman did NOT tell her to keep singing!!

• LOL 3

Ugh. I hate that we don't ever see how interactions end. Not with the "experts," not with the random guy coming onto Jas. WTF happened?!?!! Did she even tell Airris about it? I wondered if Airris came on to Jas like that guy if she'd go for it. I don't think any of the guys did that with their wives... & they should. They're standoffish, then flip to being in a relationship. Where's the wooing & seduction??? 🤨

• Like 1

Bizarre is a negative word so Gina can STFU with her nonsense & deal with the consequences of her words. So Clint just wanted to know what she meant by it? She should've thoroughly explained it when she said it. Clint didn't feel hurt by it? He didn't want to address how it made him feel? Welp. She apologized. She basically said his personality is unattractive. I get it. That kind of personality isn't attractive. She's been checked out. I can't tell if he's also been checked out since the honeymoon. There's no chance either of them says yes on DD.

11 hours ago, Chalby said:

The rule I’ve heard is half your age plus 7, so if you’re 30, dating someone younger than 22 (15+7) is a no-go, which I’d agree with. I’ve basically followed this rule, though not intentionally. Even my two larger age-gap relationships have followed it (one might have been off by a year, but again, a year doesn’t count).

(The 18-year-old I know or have known, including me and my friends when we were 18, aren’t thinking about having kids seriously. It’s like “I hope to get married and/or have kids someday,” but nobody was dating with that intention - quite the opposite, actually.)

Mac was nine years older than Dom and it showed; she was pretty immature. Clint is six years older than Gina and they read as the same age to me, and while his sense of humor may be goofy, he doesn’t come across as immature to me. I think there are a few years between Jasmine and Airris but I don’t notice that; Jasmine comes across as mature and Airris doesn’t, so they kind of meet in the middle. (I had a boss whose grandmother was 15 years older than her husband - who wasn’t my then-boss’s grandfather - but at 100 and 85, who cares?)

On 5/10/2023 at 7:48 PM, kristen111 said:

Oh Good Lord.  STFU Nicole.  You talk too much .. I don’t even know what you are saying.

I can’t stand her blabbing at everyone, not just Chris. The show already has three “experts” - who made her one? She’s lecturing all the women on their night out about what they should do. Sanctimonious with a side of superiority. Ugh. Kristen in particular seemed to be mightily suppressing an eye roll. 

• Like 8