Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E19: Sliding Toward Decision Day

• Start Topic

When they very first showed Nicole, before she was even matched, I was like...ugh....this is one of those girls who I never invite to friends' dinners, the one who dominates the conversation, the one who doesn't let anyone else get a word in edgewise.

And I was right.  The whole season, she inserts herself into every conversation, whether it's about her or not.  She's become the "marriage expert", and the self-proclaimed advisor to everyone, while continually making everyone aware of her past, her insecurities, her own issues.

She. Is. Exhausting.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

When they very first showed Nicole, before she was even matched, I was like...ugh....this is one of those girls who I never invite to friends' dinners, the one who dominates the conversation, the one who doesn't let anyone else get a word in edgewise.

And I was right.  The whole season, she inserts herself into every conversation, whether it's about her or not.  She's become the "marriage expert", and the self-proclaimed advisor to everyone, while continually making everyone aware of her past, her insecurities, her own issues.

She. Is. Exhausting.

As well as all of the above, she also states "I need you to..." and "I want you to..."  Who cares?  Who really cares what she needs other couples to do or what she wants other couples to do.  It is as if she is so important that they need to do as she bids.  She's not their parent or caregiver so, no, they don't need to do what she 'needs' or 'wants' them to do.  She needs (yes, I deliberately went there) to focus on her own relationship and not insert herself into everyone else's relationships.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

Gina has a weird mouth thing going on. It’s unsightly and she has the nerve to complain about Clint while making those weird mouth movements. Someone needs to tell her she ain’t all that. 
Nicole is so annoying. Shut up you loud mouth beefy armed jerk! Nobody wants your stupid advice.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2

I think a problem with Nicole is that she thinks that because she knows and owns those things about herself (she knows she is "too much") that it is ok for her to be that way. If she truly knows those things and doesn't do anything to change it, then she doesn't want to. If she does want to change, then she has a golden opportunity with a husband who claims to love her for who she is. She is really going to drive him away if she doesn't change what she knows is annoying.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

What the hell was up with production sending in the dudes to chat up the ladies? Trying to stir up drama? Are they trying to turn into MAFS Australia? That guy hitting on Jasmine was really gross though.

Shut up, Nicole! Like damn. Just stfu already

Please tell me next week is the last episode.

• Like 7
32 minutes ago, starlightlost said:

Please tell me next week is the last episode.

Next week is Decision Day, but it won't be the last episode - we will have the Reunion and the Where Are They Now shows, along with whatever extra crap they throw in there. They are promising to follow the cast after Decision Day and there were some pictures posted that they will need to explain, so I don't know if that will be included in the regular shows or if they are starting a new show. I hope that answered your question.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Next week is Decision Day, but it won't be the last episode - we will have the Reunion and the Where Are They Now shows, along with whatever extra crap they throw in there. They are promising to follow the cast after Decision Day and there were some pictures posted that they will need to explain, so I don't know if that will be included in the regular shows or if they are starting a new show. I hope that answered your question.

Is Decision Day two hours or two weeks? Or, God forbid, two hours for two weeks in a row…

No PC did not say S&K could be a power couple!!! 🤮🤮 Shaq still complains about what she does & doesn't praise it. 😒 I think he'll say no & she'll say yes.

(edited)

Clint & Gina said Chris was a golden retriever. 🤣🤣 He's too passive. He should assert himself when he wants something instead of when she asks. They don't have to have an argument or conflict. They can have misunderstandings, miscommunication, mistakes, differences & resolve them calmly. That's how that stuff should be resolved anyway. I think Chris keeps his issues to himself & waits til Nic asks & that's not healthy. Chris told the guys he wondered what he was doing to make her ask his decision if it was DD. Um. ASK!!!! It wasn't him, it was her checking in. GTFOH!!! They'll probably say yes on DD no matter what they're trying to make us think from the preview.

Edited by Lindz
  • Useful 1

Did the others really not even bother to ask Clint & Gina's decisions or was it cut?? 🧐 It'd be hilarious if nobody asked. They already know it's a no!

• Like 1
(edited)

Airris is still saying whatever sounds good. I don't believe he has any intention to continue with Jas after DD. I don't understand Jas saying she didn't have to wonder what Airris felt because he always told her, but told the girls she doesn't know where he's at with things. Which is it??? I think they're both a no & I hope Jas goes 1st.

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Is Decision Day two hours or two weeks? Or, God forbid, two hours for two weeks in a row…

Sorry - my TV Guide is showing a 2-hour block, but no details, so I don't know if that is just the main show or if it includes any of the follow-up shows.

On 5/11/2023 at 10:28 AM, Retired at last said:

SHUT UP, Nicole!!!! I am so sick of her (and I realize that it is all production who is throwing her at us). I

Ha,ha .. the Camera man is probably her Cousin.

• LOL 3

Seems like this show has been on forever.  They are trying to keep it relevant by adding couch stuff, etc., but it’s not working.  The pickings were horrible from the beginning.  Fake, fake, fake.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Sorry - my TV Guide is showing a 2-hour block, but no details, so I don't know if that is just the main show or if it includes any of the follow-up shows.

My Guide says 8pm to 10, “the Last Rodeo”.   Couples decide if they want to stay married.

13 hours ago, Lindz said:

Clint & Gina said Chris was a golden retriever. 🤣🤣 He's too passive. He should assert himself when he wants something instead of when she asks. They don't have to have an argument or conflict. They can have misunderstandings, miscommunication, mistakes, differences & resolve them calmly. That's how that stuff should be resolved anyway. I think Chris keeps his issues to himself & waits til Nic asks & that's not healthy. Chris told the guys he wondered what he was doing to make her ask his decision if it was DD. Um. ASK!!!! It wasn't him, it was her checking in. GTFOH!!! They'll probably say yes on DD no matter what they're trying to make us think from the preview.

He’s a wimp.  She tells him jump .. he says how high?  

12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I thought Decision Day was this Wednesday May 17th.  2 hours.

This Decision Day could be a 1/2 hour and it still might be too long. 
They don’t need two hours for a “friend zone” finale.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 5/12/2023 at 7:42 PM, Chalby said:

Sadly, I think this is just a nervous/anxious reaction she has little control over. She knows she does this, but she can't help it. Chris needs to come up with a phrase that will let her know she's spinning out/perseverating on an issue that shouldn't be an issue, while reassuring her he is still supportive, but she needs to STOP.

Easy for me to say as I've had a lifetime of spinning/perseverating when faced with something I've no control over. Aargh, but all my husband has to say is, "Enough!" Which tells me he's had his fill of my ramblings and/or my hypotheticals. And I appreciate this as it stops me from ranting without disrespecting me.

Me too, lol.  When I start to repeat myself about something or someone who has disrespected me or whatever, my husband says the same .. “enough already, forget it”, then continues to read his sports section.  He hates confrontation with anyone and forgets easily.  

Two pages of comments.  Does this show dare to come back for another season?  Don’t know if I can take it.  Anyhow, I was surprised to see that “Farmer Wants a Wife” is coming back.  It was kind of boring.

• Like 1
On 5/14/2023 at 2:25 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Gina has a weird mouth thing going on. It’s unsightly and she has the nerve to complain about Clint while making those weird mouth movements. Someone needs to tell her she ain’t all that. 
Nicole is so annoying. Shut up you loud mouth beefy armed jerk! Nobody wants your stupid advice.

Damn!  I’d say yes for awhile with Clint then go on his boat all summer, lol.  Her and that Beauty Parlor, or should I say “chair rental”?  Maybe they will just be good friends after all this.  I think he would have stayed with her had she said yes.

On 5/13/2023 at 9:31 AM, Empress1 said:

The rule I’ve heard is half your age plus 7, so if you’re 30, dating someone younger than 22 (15+7) is a no-go, which I’d agree with. I’ve basically followed this rule, though not intentionally. Even my two larger age-gap relationships have followed it (one might have been off by a year, but again, a year doesn’t count).

(The 18-year-old I know or have known, including me and my friends when we were 18, aren’t thinking about having kids seriously. It’s like “I hope to get married and/or have kids someday,” but nobody was dating with that intention - quite the opposite, actually.)

Mac was nine years older than Dom and it showed; she was pretty immature. Clint is six years older than Gina and they read as the same age to me, and while his sense of humor may be goofy, he doesn’t come across as immature to me. I think there are a few years between Jasmine and Airris but I don’t notice that; Jasmine comes across as mature and Airris doesn’t, so they kind of meet in the middle. (I had a boss whose grandmother was 15 years older than her husband - who wasn’t my then-boss’s grandfather - but at 100 and 85, who cares?)

There are no such age "rules." 

Why yes, I do feel this fact needs emphasizing. My husband was 9 years older than me, 32 and 23 respectively at wedding. We lasted 41 years. My father was 9 years older than my mother, a 33-year marriage til death did them part, also. 

• Like 1