Type keyword(s) to search

Chit-Chat: What's On Your Mind Today?

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

We all have been drawn into off-topic discussions, me included. There's little that's off-topic when it comes to Chit Chat, so the only ask is that you please remember that this is the Chit Chat topic and that there's a subforum for all things health and wellness here.

If there's something you need clarification on, please keep in mind that it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; talk to them and not about what they said.
If you disagree, consider how we can express our differing opinions and still respect the other's opinion and recognize it as valid.
We're all different people, so different perspectives and points of views are natural, welcome even for growing a healthy community. What is important is that we disagree with empathy and consideration. (If need be, check out the how do we have healthy debates guidelines for more).

• Start Topic

We can get subscriptions to both Powerball and Mega Millions in the state where I live, so I write 2 checks a year and sometimes I win 8 whole dollars.  It's magical. 

There was one time (in the million or so years I've been doing this) that we came home from vacation and there was a $550 check in the mailbox.  That was fun.  That's also a benefit of a sub - I don't have to check (or even remember) my numbers.  They just pay me if the numbers come up.  I just wish they'd come up more often. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

No bragging, or I'll block you.

Just to be clear, it's been a pretty shitty year at our house. In April, our much-loved cat died, suddenly and unexpectedly, at the age of nine. We thought we'd have another decade with her. In November, also suddenly and unexpectedly, my husband had to go into the hospital for something that could have killed him but didn't. And the week before Christmas, while we were still dealing with the aftermath of that, we had a violent rain- and windstorm that tore off our roof and knocked down our chimney and flooded half our house. The claims adjuster was here this past Saturday, and I plied him with cookies. So when I say I block people who are consistently negative, I don't mean I'm unsympathetic. I'm totally sympathetic to anyone who's dealing with bad stuff. But I'm not in the market for it all the time. If that's the only thing someone has to offer, I go for the Ignore button. I try to be upbeat as much as I can.

I think there's a big difference between telling us about shitty stuff that happened through no fault of your own, and whinging on and dragging people down because they missed the bus (due to their own idiocy); the barista was grumpy (how about smiling, thanking them, and hoping their day improves?); it rained (when just last week they were complaining that it was too hot); and complaining about their shitty boss when it's obvious from their posts that they are a similarly shitty employee.

There's a reason there's a cute teddy bear "hugs" button here and not a "shut the f*ck up you miserable jerk" one.  We're generally a nice bunch, at least (and I speak for myself here!) on the surface.

6 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

We can get subscriptions to both Powerball and Mega Millions in the state where I live, so I write 2 checks a year and sometimes I win 8 whole dollars.  It's magical. 

There was one time (in the million or so years I've been doing this) that we came home from vacation and there was a $550 check in the mailbox.  That was fun.  That's also a benefit of a sub - I don't have to check (or even remember) my numbers.  They just pay me if the numbers come up.  I just wish they'd come up more often. 

Just curious, but I'm guessing that after the million or so years, you're not ahead!

But hey, even if that's true, if it's still magical, you keep doing you, and I'll keep being a miserable sod.

Edited by Ancaster
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, PRgal said:

've never played the lottery, but my maternal grandmother did it all the time.  I think the most she ever won was $50.  I

My mother (probably born around the same time as your grandmother? 1928) used to buy lottery tickets once a week sometime in the 70s or 80s when that was the new hip thing to do. She would play our birthdates. I think she broke even over time. She had to wait in a long line each week. I recall her saying that her father used to bet money on horses. Even though he was an attorney, he had very little money when he passed.

3 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

The pipe dreams are where all the fun is (since who the heck ever wins…

Not fun inside my mind, but I’m a pessimist.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 1
33 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

I think there's a big difference between telling us about shitty stuff that happened through no fault of your own, and whinging on and dragging people down because they missed the bus (due to their own idiocy); the barista was grumpy (how about smiling, thanking them, and hoping their day improves?); it rained (when just last week they were complaining that it was too hot); and complaining about their shitty boss when it's obvious from their posts that they are a similarly shitty employee.

There's a reason there's a cute teddy bear "hugs" button here and not a "shut the f*ck up you miserable jerk" one.  We're generally a nice bunch, at least (and I speak for myself here!) on the surface.

Just curious, but I'm guessing that after the million or so years, you're not ahead!

But hey, even if that's true, if it's still magical, you keep doing you, and I'll keep being a miserable sod.

"shut the fuck up, you miserable jerk"!! *dead*

• Wink 2
  • LOL 5
59 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

There's a reason there's a cute teddy bear "hugs" button here and not a "shut the f*ck up you miserable jerk" one. 

Wonders what THAT emoji would look like 🤔

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Ancaster said:

Of course I'm not ahead.  But someday, I will be 😉

It's like any other discretionary spending - only this one might pay off at some point.  Maybe.  Probably not.  But, it's (allegedly) going to the state education fund, so I can tell myself it's helping someone.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I'm under no illusions that I really truly have a chance to win a billion dollars (or even several hundred million dollars), but I know I have zero chance if I don't play at all.  So I give it a shot.  I generally do the easy pick when I do play -- I don't want to get tied to numbers that will no doubt hit the time I don't play.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
On 12/31/2023 at 2:23 PM, peacheslatour said:

I've never blocked anyone on this site. Everyone here is so nice compared to other forums.

I also have never blocked anyone on this site. Sometimes I will just skip over a post in certain situations but there is no one I would block 100%.

I went and joined Reddit while we were down here, but never posted, just read the Sister Wives sub.  I have no desire to be an active member there. from what little I did read!

• Like 4

Thanks for the suggestions about Mrs. D. FWIW, she did attempt to ZOOM for a time during their height of the affliction but it seems she's gotten more skittish re this new technology in the last few years. ..and none of the other participants (besides, perhaps Mama) truly want her back. .

5 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

I don't even know what Reddit is 🥴

A cesspool of misogyny as I've always understood it, but apparently there are pockets of it that are pleasant.  But what it is, meaning what kind of website, I don't really know -- a forum?  Wikipedia says it's a "social news aggregation, content rating, and discussion website".

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
(edited)

I didn't realize I was so far behind when I posted above. Yikes! Way out of step!

I don't do lotto or any of the scratch off things. I did for a tiny bit when DH was alive and we lived in CA. We'd win $2 here and there, mainly for fun. Once I won $40 and then stopped. As was said...luck doesn't come around again often. That was good enough for me.

As far as Reddit, it is sort of a forum, I don't know what to call it actually. I found it very hard to navigate around. It is so easy here to get where you want to be. The Sister Wives sub there was not too bad as far as weird posters, but I found it really hard to follow threads/posts.  I just needed a SW fix while we were down here.  It is not a place I will go back to. You can only up or down vote a post no other choices and I found that very limiting compared to all the different options we have here.  I guess it is for younger people than me....  I don't need to learn any new "tricks" LOL!

Primetimers are my peeps! And I am very happy here!

Happy New Year to everyone here!!

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

A cesspool of misogyny as I've always understood it, but apparently there are pockets of it that are pleasant.  But what it is, meaning what kind of website, I don't really know -- a forum?  Wikipedia says it's a "social news aggregation, content rating, and discussion website".

It's like a giant message board with all the topics for all the things. Some pockets are awful, others are great. Maybe you're thinking of 4Chan which is 100% a cesspool of misogyny, racism, and other things the FBI is interested in. 

I belong to subreddits (forums) for my favorite TV show, one about long expired food stuff found at their parents and grandparents house (I feel so seen!), one for Vegas locals, Am I the Asshole is always a good time, Best of Reddit updates is usually good, too.  I belonged to one ahead of the Star Wars Celebration back in 2021 that helped me figure out what I was getting into, and when I was in GA there was a subreddit that led me to a small community Discord I still participate in.

Each subreddit has their own rules and moderation policies. 

Edited by theredhead77
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

Maybe you're thinking of 4Chan which is 100% a cesspool of misogyny, racism, and other things the FBI is interested in. 

No, I know that place is The Worst, but I've heard very little that's positive about Reddit over the years (in fact, only from posters here, recently, about specific forums [notably, about topics that tend to attract more women than men]).

• Like 1

I think I need help.  Feeling in an icecream frame of mind just now (happens once in a while, like every night), I went to my freezer.  I was greeted by several flavours I kind of like but which are not my favourites.  I picked one, feeling kind of bemused at my choices.

Then I remembered that the last time I bought icecream, they were out of all the flavours in my #1 tier, so I had to go to my #2 tier.  What I don't know is why, instead of buying just one pint from the #2 tier list, I bought several.  So now I have to work through several #2 tier pints before I can buy more of my favourites.

Third World problems indeed.

• Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I don't even know what Reddit is 🥴

I mostly use Reddit the way I use Google or Wikipedia for answers, or maybe more like the way I read reviews on Amazon before buying something anywhere.

I usually wind up on Reddit if I can’t find an answer by Googling, so I add the word “reddit” to my Google search, and then usually click on Google’s Tools option to limit the Time frame to the previous year or less.

Most recently I posted questions about toilet seats and hearing aids.
Before posting a question, I “Join” the category, which sometimes requires checking a box agreeing, essentially, to not be obnoxious.
Apparently someone posted something disgusting on the toilet seat thread, but it was removed by the moderators. So maybe Reddit has been civilized? IDK. 🤷🏻‍♀️

If I'm watching something not well-covered here, or listening to a controversial podcast, I might go to Reddit to see what others are commenting.  

Sometimes I still miss the old IMDb message boards, but they would've required an investment in moderating to keep going.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
On 12/31/2023 at 5:42 PM, PRgal said:

Cuddle and Kind totally rocks.  Every new baby in my family gets one!  Which one did you get?  My son has Max(imus) the cat and a few others, including a dog (he was born in the year of the dog).

I discovered Cuddle &Kind about 3 years ago. Yes, their dolls are pricy, but they do give back by providing meals to those in need. 

My grandsons are named Oliver and Avery and there are actually dolls with their names. Oliver is a bear and Avery is a lamb. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here I was looking forward to a good new year and I wake up to find my car has been towed.  From a place that the management company here suggested I park when I first moved here when there wasn't a parking spot available in the building's garage.  I did fine when I first moved, parked overnight, Sundays, etc.  I have a spot in the garage now, but one of the automatic doors has been broken all weekend so I've been parking on the street.  Until yesterday, when there were no spots (no doubt because no-one's been able to get into the parking garage).  So I parked where I parked regularly when I first moved (at the suggestion of management here).  I went out at 8:00am this morning.  Of course my car had been towed.  Yesterday, New Year's Day, apparently not a day that is recognized by towing companies as a free parking day.  Not even in a lot that has conservatively 100 spots, of which maybe 20 are used on a busy day/night.  Where a U-haul trailer full of crap has been parked since I moved here.

So now I'm waiting for a ride not just to the towing place, but to the bank to get the massive fee, which they only accept in cash.

Happy new year everyone.  I hope yours are starting off better than mine.  (Waiting for lots of cute teddy bear hugs please.)

• Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 19
1 hour ago, Ancaster said:

Here I was looking forward to a good new year and I wake up to find my car has been towed.  From a place that the management company here suggested I park when I first moved here when there wasn't a parking spot available in the building's garage.  I did fine when I first moved, parked overnight, Sundays, etc.  I have a spot in the garage now, but one of the automatic doors has been broken all weekend so I've been parking on the street.  Until yesterday, when there were no spots (no doubt because no-one's been able to get into the parking garage).  So I parked where I parked regularly when I first moved (at the suggestion of management here).  I went out at 8:00am this morning.  Of course my car had been towed.  Yesterday, New Year's Day, apparently not a day that is recognized by towing companies as a free parking day.  Not even in a lot that has conservatively 100 spots, of which maybe 20 are used on a busy day/night.  Where a U-haul trailer full of crap has been parked since I moved here.

So now I'm waiting for a ride not just to the towing place, but to the bank to get the massive fee, which they only accept in cash.

Happy new year everyone.  I hope yours are starting off better than mine.  (Waiting for lots of cute teddy bear hugs please.)

Oh shit! I'm  so sorry this happened to you. What a terrible way to come off of a holiday.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, Ancaster said:

I wish I could be there with you when you pay the ridiculous fees which will cost them in time to process your refund.
I would make great use of my frail-looking, tiny, white-haired, old-lady stature, while using my great mastery of the guilt trip:
   😡👵🏻🫵😾
until they offered you a lifetime Get Out Of Jail Free Card, in addition to canceling your so-called “debt”💸on the spot!

💔🧸❤️‍🩹🚙

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I wish I could be there with you when you pay the ridiculous fees which will cost them in time to process your refund.
I would make great use of my frail-looking, tiny, while-haired, old-lady stature, while using my great mastery of the guilt trip:
   😡👵🏻🫵😾
until they offered you a lifetime Get Out Of Jail Free Card, in addition to canceling your so-called “debt”💸on the spot!

💔🧸❤️‍🩹🚙

What did I do to cause your fury Shape?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 12/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I’m interested in why people ignore other posters though. I do get annoyed at people occasionally but I guess I’m not following any threads where things get ignore-worthy. 

I have 10 people blocked.  The vast majority are based strictly on form.  If all they ever post is memes, out.  If Their Posts Look Like This, out.  If they have too many emojis, out.  If they have a consistent way of phrasing things that annoys me, out.

I do extremely little blocking based on content.  I can handle offensive opinions.  I Can't Handle Stupid Capitalization That Serves Only To Annoy.  I feel more assaulted by that than any opinion.

16 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I usually wind up on Reddit if I can’t find an answer by Googling, so I add the word “reddit” to my Google search, and then usually click on Google’s Tools option to limit the Time frame to the previous year or less.

Reddit's forums on things like insurance questions can be really helpful for getting a general lay of the land (but NEVER a final word).  People tend not to be too assholey in those discussions.

Sometimes I still miss the old IMDb message boards, but they would've required an investment in moderating to keep going.

I don't know why they couldn't let the discussions about Marvel movies or Star Wars or whatever just be the shitholes they'd become, and let the rest of us have our need-no-moderation discussions about the vast majority of other movies on the planet.

Reddit has some movie discussions but I am simply unable to navigate my way around that place, so I just do without.  It makes me sad. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I have 10 people blocked.  The vast majority are based strictly on form.  If all they ever post is memes, out.  If Their Posts Look Like This, out.  If they have too many emojis, out.  If they have a consistent way of phrasing things that annoys me, out.

Oh I definitely hear that!  There are a handful of posters where I can be skimming through posts, not really paying attention to names, and realize, oh, that’s @so-and-so. Maybe based on “quirky” phrasing, weird spacing, annoying text-speak, whatever. But maybe I have such faith in everybody having something worthwhile to say (or more likely, just fomo) that I haven’t pulled the trigger on actually blocking anyone. 

• Like 6

There are definitely some fun and interesting areas of Reddit. I mostly just read and upvote, though, and avoid arguments like the plague.

On 12/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Oh wow, I thought I had been following this thread for a few years but I don’t remember the ignore list coming up before. I’m interested in why people ignore other posters though. I do get annoyed at people occasionally but I guess I’m not following any threads where things get ignore-worthy. 

My list is 19. I ignore them because life is too precious to waste on dickheads.

On 1/1/2024 at 1:00 AM, Blergh said:

No, I'm not truly seeking any solutions since Mama's far more patient and considerate than I am  but I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue with relatives and their acquaintances.

Yes, a relative. He doesn't have an ounce of interest in any other human being and just wants to talk about himself, his opinions, his observations. It's a mix of loneliness and mental illness and I feel for him, but don't have the coping skills to deal with him very often. Your mom is a saint!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Thank you lovely people for all the hugs in response to my car towing story.

I've got my car back, I've found a nice, hard-working, honest young guy through NextDoor who's now helped me out a couple of times and restored my faith in humanity, I've got my icecream (even if it isn't Tier #1 - see previous post!), I've got my nice new furniture, a blanket, and a good book, so things are looking up.

Hugs back to you all, whether you need them or not.  If you don't want them (I get it), have something else of your choice on me - chocolate, new book you've been eyeing, bag of chips, new pony, you name it.  🤗 🧸  📚 🍦 🍫 🐴 

Thank you.  It really does mean a lot, even though this whole thing wasn't such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. ♥️

Edited by Ancaster
  • Like 10
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, Ancaster said:

Thank you.  It really does mean a lot, even though this whole thing wasn't such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. ♥️

Thank you for sharing this zen conclusion.

Car difficulties always seem to catapult me into emotional DEFCON infinity.

• Like 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Thank you for sharing this zen conclusion.

Car difficulties always seem to catapult me into emotional DEFCON infinity.

For me it was not so much a car thing but a "Why?" thing that catapulted me towards DEFCON infinity.  (Thank you for that.)

It's the "Why did this have to happen to me today?" thing.  When you're pootling along, having a perfectly typical boring day and WHAM, your car gets towed, or you get a flat (see previous post about my puncture woes), or you see something and wonder, "Why do people deface and vandalize things?",  or "Why did I just spend 45 minutes on the phone with Amazon only to have this third, incredibly rude customer service person hang up on me?", the "Why does Comcast have to come out for the fourth time in a month to try to fix my internet?" kind of thing.

I'm seriously considering moving to Bhutan, the happiest place on earth.  Why is it the happiest place on earth?  Because it was pretty much untouched by technology and was cut off from the rest of the world up until a few decades ago, so people went about their lives not knowing what they were supposed to think they must have, or should have, or must do, or should want, all the while preserving their environment and being nice to each other.  So they live happily.  Zennilly.  

image.png.d11b64c37cf3a5735025323d9fd77c5c.png

Edited by Ancaster
Double quote, don't know why
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Just some more info about Reddit for anyone who's interested.  It's a vast aggregation of threads (called subs, for SubReddit) on just about any topic you might be interested in. So I never participate in anything political.  I actually find it easy to navigate.   What's different about it from Primetimer is that there are a lot of threads where posting a picture is essential, almost like Instagram. 

I follow  crafts threads, dog threads, jigsaw puzzle threads, jigsaw puzzle cats threads (that one would likely be enjoyed by some of our cat lovers here--it shows cats interfering with their owners' puzzle construction.  this one really shows the love--the people don't actually get mad when their beloved cats bat all the pieces off the table--they're proud and give the rest of us a laugh), sometimes TV show and movie threads.  All kinds of threads that do not generate any controversy whatsoever.  You can find information on lots of topics.  I've seen the one mentioned about spoiled food and there's one about canning.  I would never can food, and i don't know how that one ended up on my feed, but it's pretty interesting.  You have to be a scientist to do it safely.  I applaud anyone who can do this.  There are also good recipe subs. 

It can really be a fun experience, and i check it every day as I do  here.  The experience is a little different.  You don't get to know a consistent batch of posters as you do here.  Also, the upvote downvote thing makes no sense in some cases.  You would not really downvote something in a craft sub, for example.  Anyway, check it out. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Just some more info about Reddit for anyone who's interested.  It's a vast aggregation of threads (called subs, for SubReddit) on just about any topic you might be interested in. So I never participate in anything political.  I actually find it easy to navigate.   What's different about it from Primetimer is that there are a lot of threads where posting a picture is essential, almost like Instagram. 

I follow  crafts threads, dog threads, jigsaw puzzle threads, jigsaw puzzle cats threads (that one would likely be enjoyed by some of our cat lovers here--it shows cats interfering with their owners' puzzle construction.  this one really shows the love--the people don't actually get mad when their beloved cats bat all the pieces off the table--they're proud and give the rest of us a laugh), sometimes TV show and movie threads.  All kinds of threads that do not generate any controversy whatsoever.  You can find information on lots of topics.  I've seen the one mentioned about spoiled food and there's one about canning.  I would never can food, and i don't know how that one ended up on my feed, but it's pretty interesting.  You have to be a scientist to do it safely.  I applaud anyone who can do this.  There are also good recipe subs. 

It can really be a fun experience, and i check it every day as I do  here.  The experience is a little different.  You don't get to know a consistent batch of posters as you do here.  Also, the upvote downvote thing makes no sense in some cases.  You would not really downvote something in a craft sub, for example.  Anyway, check it out. 

I also use Reddit for a few pretty specific things.  For example, I found it quite useful when apartment hunting recently, because I could get uncensored (by landlords) information from tenants, and I could ask specific questions.  You quickly learn to just ignore posts from idiots and morons and people with axes to grind.

Sometimes I'll go to look for shows that aren't covered here - for example, I'm currently binging a great British drama whose main character is a teen just returning home from 7 months' treatment for anorexia (Everything Now).  I didn't even go to the bother of trying to see if it has a thread here, because if it does, it's probably only a few posts from the same two people.

I am now off to look for kittens destroying zigsaws.  Thank you @EtheltoTillie

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

I also use Reddit for a few pretty specific things.  For example, I found it quite useful when apartment hunting recently, because I could get uncensored (by landlords) information from tenants, and I could ask specific questions.  You quickly learn to just ignore posts from idiots and morons and people with axes to grind.

Sometimes I'll go to look for shows that aren't covered here - for example, I'm currently binging a great British drama whose main character is a teen just returning home from 7 months' treatment for anorexia (Everything Now).  I didn't even go to the bother of trying to see if it has a thread here, because if it does, it's probably only a few posts from the same two people.

I am now off to look for kittens destroying zigsaws.  Thank you @EtheltoTillie

We got our beloved Elizabeth from a Redditor a state over from us. I've purchased two lovely paintings from artists there too. It's a valuable resource for many things, you just have to find the right subs.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Okay, I'm here to recommend another favorite Reddit sub, stolen dog beds.  This shows cats stealing dog beds and dogs sitting forlornly or resignedly next to said beds. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1
  • LOL 9

Returns at Macy's took a bit longer than expected and, on the way, home decided to stop at the optometrist to pick up my new eyeglasses. Apparently, they're closed on Wednesdays. Drats! Well, my fave bagel shop is on the corner, so I popped in to get a tuna melt on a sesame bagel, to go. Bagel prices have gone through the roof! $12.98, including tax, for a tuna melt. Is it just me or is that insane? 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Applause 1
28 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Returns at Macy's took a bit longer than expected and, on the way, home decided to stop at the optometrist to pick up my new eyeglasses. Apparently, they're closed on Wednesdays. Drats! Well, my fave bagel shop is on the corner, so I popped in to get a tuna melt on a sesame bagel, to go. Bagel prices have gone through the roof! $12.98, including tax, for a tuna melt. Is it just me or is that insane? 

That's par for the course for a quick lunch these days.  The daily special at Jersey Mike's by me is $12 for a sub, drink and chips.  And meals at McDonalds vary between $9-12 per meal without supersizing it, though it is cheaper in the app.  I already have enough apps on my phone selling my data and whatnot, I draw the line at any restaurant's app.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)

I was just at Trader Joe's (haven't been since maybe early last fall) & noticed higher prices (well, higher for TJ's isn't like higher elsewhere!) Love that store. 

Edited by annzeepark914
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

It is insane, but it's also par for the course these days, unfortunately. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 1/2/2024 at 4:30 PM, shapeshifter said:

I would make great use of my frail-looking, tiny, white-haired, old-lady stature, while using my great mastery of the guilt trip:
   😡👵🏻🫵😾

💔🧸❤️‍🩹🚙

Tell me you don’t watch Parking  Wars without telling me you don’t watch Parking Wars

Ha, the frail old lady bit has been tried nearly every episode. I love that show.

Edited by stewedsquash
Spelling
  • Useful 2
15 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Tell me you don’t watch Parking  Wars without telling me you don’t watch Parking Wars

Ha, the frail old lady bit has been tried nearly every episode. I love that show.

Whaaaa? There's a show about parking wars? Like George Costanza and that other guy fighting over who "owns" an available parking space on a NYC street? Is this about real people??? I need to get out more 😯

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

That is a lot for a tuna melt. Even these days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here in central coastal California, there is only one place to get lunch (or any meal) for under ten dollars (including a beverage) and that is In-n-Out...where I can still get a cheeseburger with everything and a large decent cup of coffee for $5.00 including tax. (which is enough for me - I generally don't eat fries)

Every time I've been to a sit down place recently, just a sandwich and coffee is $20-25 by the time you get done with tax and tip. Not eating out a lot, as my credit card usage for Christmas presents and charitable donations has been way over budget (I pay it all off every month) and I just found out my car (20 years old this month) needs a new starter, so that will be $1200. tomorrow...😿

And I love tuna melts...so I think I'm going to go make one right now! 😺

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, isalicat said:

And I love tuna melts...so I think I'm going to go make one right now! 😺

I don't have any bread at the moment, or I would be doing the same -- yum! 

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

No, I haven't seen Parking Wars, but then I shy away from reality TV.
But hey, do they pay "actors"? 
I could definitely do "reality" if the pay was worth it.
But I really am frail, so no physical acting would be required.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, isalicat said:

And I love tuna melts...so I think I'm going to go make one right now!

On Wednesdays this particular bagel shop has a buy 6, get 3 bagels free. It's 9 bucks for a 1/2 dozen plus tax. I should have bought the half dozen and made my own darn tuna melt! Was just lazy!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1