Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Ironic

• Start Topic

Katherine and Greta celebrate their wedding in spite of several setbacks. Regina faces tough competition, while Maggie and Gary navigate parenting decisions.

Original airdate 4/19/2023

I apologize if this is going to hit someone here but weddings are all theater right? 

I will always remember this 94 yer-old lady who asked me - rhetorically - "why gay people want to marry". It was just as MA made same sex marriage legal and she pointed out that the whole church/dress/tux/festivities were kind of bending to the system.

I do get her point and agree. The whole thing is just a copy of what has been kind of imposed by a patriarchal, cis-hetero normative thing. I get the getting legally married to make things simpler/easier in the bureaucratic sense, and for the rights afforded to couples, but the pageantry is a bit too compliant for me. None of my gay friends had the usual "walking down the aisle", white-ish dress/suit, flowers and stuff wedding. The ones who did get married did so in an intimate, completely unique way, original, not conventional way.

Maybe I, and all my friends, are just weird. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
10 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I like Katherine's and her mother's dresses.

ETA: And Katherine's hair looks pretty and normal!

I'm impressed that Katherine's hair looks so pretty.  Not sure if they added extensions or a skilled hairstylist was just able to sweep up all the jagged pieces into a cohesive look; but it does look great.

23 minutes ago, circumvent said:

I apologize if this is going to hit someone here but weddings are all theater right? 

I will always remember this 94 yer-old lady who asked me - rhetorically - "why gay people want to marry". It was just as MA made same sex marriage legal and she pointed out that the whole church/dress/tux/festivities were kind of bending to the system.

I do get her point and agree. The whole thing is just a copy of what has been kind of imposed by a patriarchal, cis-hetero normative thing. I get the getting legally married to make things simpler/easier in the bureaucratic sense, and for the rights afforded to couples, but the pageantry is a bit too compliant for me. None of my gay friends had the usual "walking down the aisle", white-ish dress/suit, flowers and stuff wedding. The ones who did get married did so in an intimate, completely unique way, original, not conventional way.

Maybe I, and all my friends, are just weird. 

Not gay, but have been to several weddings of gay friends.  They all pretty much conformed to the standard with either gowns or tuxes/dress suits and marched down an aisle and had the usual family and friends present and a typical reception afterwards.  Perhaps they just wanted to dress up and have a party to celebrate?  

Lots of hetero people don't have traditional weddings, either.  Both my parents and my sister and her husband went down to the Justice of the Peace and got it done with a couple of witnesses.   No fancy clothes, no reception.  Neither couple wanted the fancy stuff, both marriages lasted and neither couple regretted not having the big day. To each their own, I say.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 14
  • Love 1

My wedding was nothing, just a small room next to a car dealer, actually. They had a flowery arch for us to get under but not because we asked. Two witnesses. No party, not even told people that we were doing it that day.

I never really cared for big production weddings but with same sex marriages it feels - to me - that it is too much using the conventional after being very not conventional in their lives. I don't get the "let's embrace the conventional that people created based on the idea of 'man and woman'". I really do find it difficult to see the why. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
2 hours ago, circumvent said:

My wedding was nothing, just a small room next to a car dealer, actually. They had a flowery arch for us to get under but not because we asked. Two witnesses. No party, not even told people that we were doing it that day.

I never really cared for big production weddings but with same sex marriages it feels - to me - that it is too much using the conventional after being very not conventional in their lives. I don't get the "let's embrace the conventional that people created based on the idea of 'man and woman'". I really do find it difficult to see the why. 

I dunno, considering how long same sex couples had to wait for their unions to become legal, often after decades; I can hardly blame them for wanting a showy celebration, whether it looks like a traditional wedding or not.

• Like 10
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Notabug said:

I dunno, considering how long same sex couples had to wait for their unions to become legal, often after decades; I can hardly blame them for wanting a showy celebration, whether it looks like a traditional wedding or not.

It is the religious-like aspect, with conventional-like scripts that kind of baffle me. It is basically copying something created by a system that shunned us for such a long time

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Ha! So Katherine is gonna let the woman who was humping her husband handle her wedding? This pack of codependent morons never cease to amaze me. 

Meanwhile, Gary is hell bent on leaving his kid with some guy who…..has a car? That’s a helluva qualification.  

Gina and Rome really got bent out of shape about an attack ad? Welcome to politics, dear. When you interact with people outside of you 8-10 person “group,” this is what the rest of the world looks like. 

Sophie and Tyrell were the lone highlight of the last couple weeks…..so let’s take them off this episode completely. Good idea. Gives more time for America’s favorite couple, Eddie and De-bitch. 

i wanna be annoyed at Maggie singing, but once again, Allison Miller is so damn cute, and her being on screen is a good thing. 

Dammit. I know the trendy thing here is to hate Gary, but if they kill him off to end this show I’m gonna be so pissed off. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 11
  • Applause 1

If I was invited to a wedding on a boat, I'd have to decline. 🤢

And of course they had no contingency plan for bad weather...

So you're in charge of transporting the bride's white suit, and you just have it hanging out in the open, with a preschooler running around, while you're doing something with paint...without a garment bag or anything to protect it? Real smart. Giving her K's dad's suit was sweet.

I liked K's dress (I would never be able to wear it, but it works on her), and the pink shoes (which I also could not wear and wasn't surprised to see she was wearing sneakers later).

17 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

Meanwhile, Gary is hell bent on leaving his kid with some guy who…..has a car? That’s a helluva qualification.  

He has Gary's old car. Totally different! (I guess they play basketball or something together, too? I wasn't totally listening.)

Gary's coughing...gee, I wonder what that's gonna lead to...

I so could not care less about Regina's political campaign.

• Like 3

Someone on the writing staff of this show likes old TV shows. A couple weeks ago it was Taxi and now everyone is talking about Love Boat? That show aired 1976-1986. Now, I don't know how old Greta and Katharine are supposed to be, but the actress playing Greta was born in 1981. That means she was 5 when the Love Boat went off the air. So she stayed home on Saturday nights and hoped the Love Boat would show a gay couple when she was 3-4? Now Gary's reference to watching My So Called Life in 8th grade tracks for someone born in 1981 (I speak from experience there).

But silly rant aside, I thought the wedding was sweet and well done. They are lucky that bar has no customers and was willing to book a last minute wedding.

I get that Regina wanted to stay positive, but the best response to that attack ad would have been the truth. "I endorsed that person because she agreed to help with my charity, but five minutes after I gave that sound bite she backed out. When I realized she'll say anything to get ahead and doesn't actually care about the people of Boston, so I decided to run against her." Also, leak that footage of her! It is sleazy to run negative ads about someone's personal life, releasing footage of them being an asshole while doing their job is fair game.

I realized I really don't want them to kill Gary.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

So, a couple things before I go to bed (I got ABC back! Woo-hoo!)

First, why, why, why does Delilah have anything to do with handling the wedding??????

Second, welcome to politics, Regina. Oh, and I forgot that Regina had a failed restaurant in the pilot. And, it's a pertinent thing to bring up during a campaign. How many failed businesses, and she thinks she can be a successful councilwoman? I mean, we're making fun of it. But, yeah, leak that video. Again, welcome to politics.

Third, I guess Delilah and Eddie was the first couple we saw on this show. But, ugh, really not happy that Eddie will end up with her. Best to keep him single.

Fourth, I don't want Gary to die. But that will probably happen in the series finale.

Fifth, cute wedding. And it was sweet. But, yeah, no back-up plan? Should always have a back-up plan for an outdoor wedding. You know, just in case Mother Nature doesn't cooperate. And I didn't know Allison Miller could sing. I liked it.

Sixth, hi, sudden guy who bought Gary's old car. Apparently, he's been one of the gang since Gary started stalking him because he bought Gary's old car. Don't you guys remember him, going to play basketball with him, going to hockey games with him, remember him being involved with their lives? I mean, I'd hate to think that this was just some rando who bought Gary's old car, what, three years ago? I completely understand Gary being put out by Maggie not listening to his advice, but way to dig out a completely forgotten plot beat.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

He has Gary's old car. Totally different! (I guess they play basketball or something together, too? I wasn't totally listening.)

Seriously.  By this show's standards, he's basically Gary's brother.  I can't even imagine why Maggie would have a problem leaving her kid with someone whose main babysitting qualification was that he happened to be on the phone when Gary needed to find a babysitter. 

I didn't really understand Greta's story about regularly showing up at Catherine's dad's donut shop on the chance Catherine would be working there.  Weren't she and Catherine supposed to be the best of friends when they were younger?  Wouldn't she know Catherine's schedule already from that?

I did wonder: Does it really count as an attack ad if everything said in the Councilwoman's ad about Regina was true?

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Aileen said:

it was jarring to see Ashley in the flashback since she’s been long-forgotten.

Ashley?  Who's Ashley?  I've already forgotten her from tonight's episode, never mind one from years ago.

I know Maggy's short, but her dress was like something a toddler would pick out.

• LOL 2

This episode took me back to one of my good friends who got married in 2003. (It wasn’t legal in ou state then, but they wanted a ceremony.) She wore a lovely off white dress and her wife wore a more pronounced white dress. It was outside and there was a huge rainstorm that was so loud you could barely hear them say their vows!  

I don’t even want to think about Gary and more cancer news! Ugh…l

• Like 1

I HATE storylines about someone running for office who only wants to win the "right" way. Gurl, you are running for office in Boston. If you are afraid to throw elbows then you aren't ready for this and you need to stick to food trucking.

I completely fast-forwarded through Gary's toast. I assume the finale will be Gary's funeral.

So when Gary and Eddie were fighting in the men's room I saw that there was one of those cloth roll towel dispensers from the 70s. They don't still make those do they?

• Like 6

Katherine looked lovely and it was a sweet wedding. It took me a long time to like Gary and I really don’t want him to die, these characters have had enough tragedy. I’m happy he told Maggie about coughing up blood instead of hiding it like most TV characters would do.

I thought the scene where Greta and Katherine were in the car and Greta said she couldn’t drink the champagne was set up in an odd way, I kept expecting them to get in an accident or something. And I’m one of the very few that doesn’t hate Deliah and think she and Eddie deserve some happiness. Yes she cheated but Jon wasn’t perfect either. He hid a whole other life from his wife and wasn’t there for her. I think the ending will be sad. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Leeds said:
8 hours ago, Aileen said:

Ashley?  Who's Ashley?  I've already forgotten her from tonight's episode, never mind one from years ago.

She was Jon's assistant.  She had kept some documents from Delilah after Jon died, along with hiding some of his financial problems.  I don't think she appeared again on the show after her deceptions were revealed.

8 hours ago, historylover820 said:

But, ugh, really not happy that Eddie will end up with her. Best to keep him single.

I'd prefer the storyline if it didn't feel like they were getting together by default. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

D's back and runs the wedding prep, how wonderful of her. Ugh.

Will this end with Regina winning over her opponent? Yeah, like that could happen.

Katherine comes out of the bathroom stall and doesn't wash her hands.  Yeah, minor but it bothered me.

Why wasn't Sophie singing at the wedding instead of Maggie? Has she and what's his name already left for Haiti?

Glad this thing is coming to an end.

• Like 6

As widely predicted, it's Eddie and Delilah. Unless I missed it, there really was nothing to hint them as the endgame until the last couple of episodes, not to mention they did an instant rehabilitation of her.  Suddenly she is not the most self-centered character on the show. They tease two other inappropriate relationships and then this.  It is absolutely not necessary to pair up everybody.  It would have been fine to just have Eddie on his way to a career as a addiction counselor.  That would be a happy ending.

Everything about the wedding was a sweetness overload.  I can't take that much gooey sentiment.

I'd like to know how Katherine's unfortunate hairdo was turned into something so pretty!  Really - how was that possible?  But we still have Delilah with a weed-whacker hairdo. And then Greta's hair is still hideous.

Regina has to be so unbelievably idealistic.  It would be right to leak that video because it directly shows how she does her job.  That is completely fair.

So the last two episodes are going to be sickness and death.  I'm not that fond of Gary but I don't want to see this.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 4/18/2023 at 3:17 PM, circumvent said:

I get that.  The traditional (Judeo -Christian tradition anyway - I’m not familiar enough with others to comment) wedding is inherently patriarchal and heteronormative.  I remember once pointing out to two gay male friends who asked me to help them plan their wedding that it was the most hetero thing they were ever going to do.  

Greta gets the award for the most easygoing, understanding bride EVER.  While she looked good (except for the hair, of course) in that tux that conveniently fit her perfectly, she planned on wearing something completely different in white.   I would’ve been pissed - in a rage actually - at learning my chosen outfit had been destroyed. Not to mention that my fiancée’s ex had chosen the substitute for it.  I can’t imagine how anyone would’ve just jumped on board that one without a second thought. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, marceline said:

So when Gary and Eddie were fighting in the men's room I saw that there was one of those cloth roll towel dispensers from the 70s. They don't still make those do they?

The cloth towel doesn't so much "dispense" as it does roll from one spindle (clean/unused) to the other (dirty/used).  *Allegedly* the towel roll is changed when it's all used, but I've always been skeptical.  That one has probably been there since the 70s, with the same towel in it!  I still see them on occasion, and will always choose to dry my hands on my pants.

Back on topic...either I'm getting soft in my old age or it was extraordinarily dusty in here, because my eyes were sweating during all the wedding stuff.  And I think Cameron Esposito's hair is fantastic!  It sets off her gorgeous cheekbones.  [/girlcrush gushing]  I particularly loved Katherine's pink shoes and reception Chucks... I wore blue shoes for my ceremony, and red Chucks for the reception.  I still wear those red Chucks on the regular, and call them my "wedding sneakers." <3

• Like 3
3 hours ago, cinsays said:

Will this end with Regina winning over her opponent? Yeah, like that could happen.

Does Regina even have a campaign with donors, campaign workers, etc.?  Is it just she and Rome texting videos of Regina talking to the friend group?  I really have no idea what they are doing with any of that.      

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
On 4/18/2023 at 9:41 AM, circumvent said:

Fair point. Neither of my weddings (the first one didn't take) had any pageantry or religious stuff at all. I couldn't see spending all that money on something that was one day of our lives, and neither I nor my husbands were religious. And my Dad sure didn't give me away. One wedding was by a judge, one was in a gazebo in a park. We had a pot luck party after the first one (all of us college students) and a barbecue after the second.

14 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Dammit. I know the trendy thing here is to hate Gary, but if they kill him off to end this show I’m gonna be so pissed off. 

Yeah, that seems like the way they're going...bookend the series with the deaths of two main characters. I don't like it, but I can see the reasoning.

13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I get that Regina wanted to stay positive, but the best response to that attack ad would have been the truth. "I endorsed that person because she agreed to help with my charity, but five minutes after I gave that sound bite she backed out. When I realized she'll say anything to get ahead and doesn't actually care about the people of Boston, so I decided to run against her." Also, leak that footage of her! It is sleazy to run negative ads about someone's personal life, releasing footage of them being an asshole while doing their job is fair game.

The first response is what I said to the TV - it's not an attack, it's a statement of fact. (and the person cut off the funding as well).

Whoever sent Regina that video should leak it - that way her hands would be clean...but again, it's factual, so why not? Politics is a dirty business and it's right to call out politicians for being dirty or two faced.

6 hours ago, marceline said:

A local restaurant still has one (or had - don't know if they took it down due to the pandemic). I haven't used them for years. I shake off my  hands and wipe them on my clothes. And even then I feel the need for Purell.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lovecat said:

I particularly loved Katherine's pink shoes and reception Chucks... I wore blue shoes for my ceremony, and red Chucks for the reception.  I still wear those red Chucks on the regular, and call them my "wedding sneakers." <3

My friend's sister wore white Keds for her wedding; someone at her church embroidered them to match her dress. 

2 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

They really need to have Charlie do something cute once in a while. Otherwise, she's just a walking affirmation of life choices for us childfree-by-choice folks.

Yeah, her putting handprints on expensive jackets and running around with sharp objects wasn't cute. (And do four-year-olds really ask for "dipping sauce" for their chicken nuggets?)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I still cant believe that they are sticking with making Eddie and Delilah the endgame couple, especially because they're trying to retcon that Eddie has been carrying a torch for Delilah all this time. I'm sorry, but when he and Katherine were making it work again before the accident, I don't buy at all that he was still pining away for Delilah and her terrible hair. Its so rushed, like they just wanted everyone paired off by the end no matter if it made sense or not. 

The wedding itself was nice, glad to know that at least someone knows how to style poor Grace Parks hair. Very convenient that they just so happened to run into a bar that was totally empty and down to host a wedding, you would think that, with a boat wedding, they would have had a plan B in case it rained. I laughed when Katherine said how between her dads suit and the sexy stuff from Greta's mom that she wasn't feeling particularly frisky, and cheered when Gary said that their friend group didn't always appreciate Katherine. Your damn right they haven't. Also, Delilah being there to help with wedding planning continues to be so cringe. Delilah's been gone for so long she hasn't really put in the work to make things up to Katherine and they never seemed to be that close even before. 

Is it really an attack ad when its just stating facts? They weren't wrong that Regina has no experience and two failed businesses behind her, and they didn't even mention her failed catering company or how she was fired from her last major chef gig, even if her food truck business is apparently a huge success offscreen, although she doesn't seem to spend much time there and the only time we see her making food is when she's giving it away for free. She certainly wont have a chance to win if she refuses to say anything at all negative about her opponent, I think that releasing that video is totally fair game. Its not something like a private family scandal or a lie, its showing that she's bad at her job which people should know. At least with the show ending we wont be subjected to this story for too long, its nonsense even by this shows standards. Who's paying for this campaign? Who's running it outside of Rome and his phone? Does she even have any plans for being a councilperson besides giving homeless people free food?

I'm not looking forward to Gary dying, but I can see how the show would appreciate the symmetry of starting and ending the show with the death of a member of the friend group.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

you would think that, with a boat wedding, they would have had a plan B in case it rained.

Also, they seemed to be surprised by this ginormous, torrential rain storm. You'd think something like that would be in the forecast. Or did they not check the weather in the week or so before to see what might be on the way? (I mean, I know weather forecasting isn't an exact science, but they're pretty good at giving a decent idea of what to expect these days.)

8 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I'm not looking forward to Gary dying, but I can see how the show would appreciate the symmetry of starting and ending the show with the death of a member of the friend group.

Will he die or will he overcome because Maggie dares him to (according to the preview)? Or is it too much to hope that they both can beat the odds?

• Like 3

My prediction is that Gary will die in the series finale. As others have said, it's bookends. Death of a friend in the pilot, death of a friend in the finale. It might even jump a few years to tie up loose ends. Gina will be a council woman and just the bestest council woman ever. Rome will have a hit movie. Eddie will be a drug counselor and he and Delilah will be married. Katherine and Greta are still married. Javi will be raised by single mother Maggie, but will also be raised by all of his aunts and uncles. Sophie's band will have gotten big, and she's still with Tyrell. Danny? I don't know. Be married to his boyfriend?

• Like 9
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I still cant believe that they are sticking with making Eddie and Delilah the endgame couple, especially because they're trying to retcon that Eddie has been carrying a torch for Delilah all this time. I'm sorry, but when he and Katherine were making it work again before the accident, I don't buy at all that he was still pining away for Delilah and her terrible hair. Its so rushed, like they just wanted everyone paired off by the end no matter if it made sense or not. 

Delilah being there to help with wedding planning continues to be so cringe. Delilah's been gone for so long she hasn't really put in the work to make things up to Katherine and they never seemed to be that close even before. 

Is it really an attack ad when its just stating facts?  I think that releasing that video is totally fair game. Its not something like a private family scandal or a lie, its showing that she's bad at her job which people should know. 

Exactly!  I was wondering if I had somehow missed that Eddie was yearning for Delilah from the beginning.  The conversation about the voicemail was so contrived.

And suddenly Delilah and Katherine are best friends.

There is no reason not to release that video.  It doesn't make Regina a saint, just an idiot.

Edited by Suzn
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Does Regina even have a campaign with donors, campaign workers, etc.?  Is it just she and Rome texting videos of Regina talking to the friend group?  I really have no idea what they are doing with any of that.     

I know!  And it's not like she's running for some small town city council, it's BOSTON for crying out loud.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I will say that I liked a lot of the fashions in this ep. Katherine's wedding dress was lovely and I really liked Maggie's dress.

But I feel like the MVP of this episode was...

Carter Goddamn French.

He's been the best part of this season.  That moment when everyone just wanted to slink away and he ordered a vodka tonic was perfection. He was just like "Fuck it. I want a drink." He bent all these Codependent Weirdoes to his will and it was glorious!

The scene at the end with him in the in the limo with Katherine and Greta was sweet and funny. It was a perfect capper to this ep.

Edited by marceline
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

A Million Little Things?????   A parent's dementia diagnosis. Another parent's death.   A cancer survivor and new father gets lung cancer.   A life changing accident leaves a young man paralyzed.  Homeless families.  A teenage girl is groomed for sexual assault.   And of course the "little thing" that started it all, a best friend/father/husband's death by suicide.   I should have known.  🙄

I realize none of that is new information, but I'm really pissed about the way Gary's story is ending. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 11
9 hours ago, cinsays said:

Why wasn't Sophie singing at the wedding instead of Maggie? Has she and what's his name already left for Haiti?

I assume she was already in Haiti. In the last episode it sounded like they were leaving right away for the whole summer (I guess her band doesn't have any gigs?)

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Also, they seemed to be surprised by this ginormous, torrential rain storm. You'd think something like that would be in the forecast. Or did they not check the weather in the week or so before to see what might be on the way? (I mean, I know weather forecasting isn't an exact science, but they're pretty good at giving a decent idea of what to expect these days.)

Carter did say that he checked multiple apps for the forecast and none of them predicted the storm.

Which I find hard to believe in this day and age, but okay, freak weather events happens.

3 hours ago, historylover820 said:

My prediction is that Gary will die in the series finale. As others have said, it's bookends. Death of a friend in the pilot, death of a friend in the finale. It might even jump a few years to tie up loose ends. Gina will be a council woman and just the bestest council woman ever. Rome will have a hit movie. Eddie will be a drug counselor and he and Delilah will be married. Katherine and Greta are still married. Javi will be raised by single mother Maggie, but will also be raised by all of his aunts and uncles. Sophie's band will have gotten big, and she's still with Tyrell. Danny? I don't know. Be married to his boyfriend?

That is pretty much exactly what I've been thinking.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Also, they seemed to be surprised by this ginormous, torrential rain storm. You'd think something like that would be in the forecast. Or did they not check the weather in the week or so before to see what might be on the way?

To be fair, forecasters are wrong all the time and the apps don't really work. I have seen many times the forecast and radar showing rain and it is all bright outside. Or the forecast changing form rain all day to full sun as the day goes by.

I liked Katherine's dress on her. I hate pink but liked the pink shoes matching pink flowers and pink lipstick. Not something that I would do but it did look good on her. Now, for the bad/peeve: I comment before how I sometimes think that same sex marriages look like they are just copying the patriarchal, heteronormative way of celebrating. Case in point: Greta does not identify as non-binary, or trans. She is a woman, a gay woman. She chooses a tux. No problem, people wear what they feel comfortable wearing. But why was she *playing the part of a groom*, as in a man waiting for the woman at the altar which is part of that heteronormative patriarchal way of doing things? I find this a lack of creativity. It feels forced, like they choose who will be the woman, who will be the man; who waits in the altar, who walks down the aisle. They did make Katherine more feminine and Greta more on the butch-ish side but honestly, I find this whole performance quite pathetic. When ignorant people ask gay couples "who is the man and who is the woman" it is annoying and disrespectful. But in weddings like this, they are giving ammunition and frankly, a reason for the ignorant crowd to ask obnoxious questions. 

Charlie was cute with the "I made it pretty" squeal. 

Maggie and Gary are so annoying, can Maggie die when Gary does? That baby deserves better. Benny seems to be good with babies.

At least it wasn't Sophie singing at the wedding. Maggie actually has a pleasant singing voince.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, circumvent said:

Maggie and Gary are so annoying, can Maggie die when Gary does? That baby deserves better. Benny seems to be good with babies.

Hahaha!!!!  😄 Love it. 

3 hours ago, circumvent said:

...as in a man waiting for the woman at the altar which is part of that heteronormative patriarchal way of doing things? I find this a lack of creativity.

Good catch.   Every other same sex wedding I've seen on TV and in person, the brides came down the aisle together.  

• Like 1

Remember when there used to be a thread here called something like "Twins Separated at Birth"?

I'd like to nominate Greta and (celebrity TV chef) Richard Blais.  Without the beard - (see what I did there?).

image.png.0e8fede135dfb26fccf9a13857ef4162.png

image.png.f7e19d88b8a3b668e3eca6effe400760.png

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

Okay, so Sophie is in Haiti, but the group still has someone who was an actual professional singer yet Maggie lands the gig.  (It could’ve been a nice gesture for Eddie to sing at Katherine’s wedding.)

I did like that Gary told Maggie rather than dragging it out.  

I also found it telling that Gary was so eager to regale the audience with his “hilarious” toast and not a thing he said ending up being funny.  “Oh, y’all had Slumber Parties?  Like, *sexy* Slumber Parties?  Please tell me all the details so I can picture two of my friends getting freaky.”   

Charlie acts like an utter terror yet receives absolutely no criticism, discipline or parenting. You destroyed a dress?  Here, honey, have some chicken nuggets. 

• Like 13
16 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

It's almost as if this show has a shitty showrunner. 

As soon as Nash started shitting on Delilah, we should have known that that meant he was going to redeem her, as that's what he thinks makes for great drama - constantly rotating people through bad and good, whether it makes sense or not. 

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

Charlie acts like an utter terror yet receives absolutely no criticism, discipline or parenting. You destroyed a dress?  Here, honey, have some chicken nuggets. 

Why are we supposed to find children being brats cute and funny?  And do kids eat anything but chicken nuggets these days?

• Like 15
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Yes!  It's easy now to make it look like Eddie should have followed Jon's order, but at the time he was married to someone else who didn't know about the affair until after (if I remember right), and they had a young kid, plus Delilah and especially Sophie and Danny would have still been dealing with Jon's death, and then Delilah's extended absence was a factor. No reason for Gary to get all mad about it.

That being said, there were a couple of really good funny moments: when Eddie said that the midnight-blue paint didn't look much different from 11 PM blue, and the cut to Carter in the limo after the wedding.  The wedding was very nice, and Katherine's outfit was spectacular.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Suzn said:

And do kids eat anything but chicken nuggets these days?

It is the new TV trope

Shallow - what was that dress Maggie was wearing? and her hair looked absolutely awful. Either TV wardrobe, hair and make up people are really bad, or I am really unconventional when it comes to clothing for certain occasions.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Delilah as K&G's wedding planner? What a joke! It should be Carter and Regina.

I pity Eddie. He has not only one, but TWO annoying kids that he is responsible for. His life will never be boring...

Normally I'd say that shows a pattern and that Eddie is to blame. But he really didn't have anything to do with raising Charlie before now, so that seems to be on Delilah. Danny and Sophie turned out fine though.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, circumvent said:

Shallow - what was that dress Maggie was wearing? and her hair looked absolutely awful. Either TV wardrobe, hair and make up people are really bad, or I am really unconventional when it comes to clothing for certain occasions.

Ditto. It’s like Katherine got the best costumer and Maggie the worst. Lovedmthat Katherine’s lipstick color matched her shoes.

But where and when exactly did Katherine have her hair done?

Why did Greta’s parents need to bring Katherine’s boudoir present early? No presents given at the wedding? It’s not like they were able to drive it home to avoid a crowded car later.

‘Why did Eddie have Greta’s suit at his apartment.  We saw him earlier at Katherine’s house bringing something in a garment bag to her. What was that? Her dress? But Greta’s suit wasn’t, I don;t know, ready yet? (We know it wasn’t;t at the cleaners, because no bag on it at Eddie’s apartment.)

can’t find it above, but kudos to the poster pointing out how awful to have Greta standing at the altar like “the man” while Katherine walked up the aisle with her mom.

as for the discussion about gay couples wanting the pageantry of weddings, they want it just the same as many hetero couples do.  Also not my thing (eloped), but i get that some people like to do this.

Regina should send the video of her rival to a tv news station.

‘Also, she made her own video wearing a long sweater over her wedding dress, with the living room curtains in the background? i thought Rome was some really good documentarian who would know how to stage this better.

I attended a wedding reception where some parent went across the street to get chicken nuggets for their kid from McDonald’s.

why did they wait until the wedding day to paint the life ring? And Maggie was painting it in her nice dress?

4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

t's a good thing this show is ending now, so we have succesfully avoided seeing 22-year-old Theo throwing a tantrum after his wife burned his chicken nuggies.

Heheh, nuggies . Is that something sexual?

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

Okay, so Sophie is in Haiti, but the group still has someone who was an actual professional singer yet Maggie lands the gig.  (It could’ve been a nice gesture for Eddie to sing at Katherine’s wedding.)

I did like that Gary told Maggie rather than dragging it out.  

I also found it telling that Gary was so eager to regale the audience with his “hilarious” toast and not a thing he said ending up being funny.  “Oh, y’all had Slumber Parties?  Like, *sexy* Slumber Parties?  Please tell me all the details so I can picture two of my friends getting freaky.”   

Agree on everything but I think it would have been too weird for Eddie to sing at his ex-wife's second wedding, and maybe putting too much of a spectacle on him.  Although I can see the Codependent Weirdos thoroughly enjoying it with a special spotlight of the precious Theo being so proud of his Dad because now he sings even better from his wheelchair.

Glad Sophie wasn't there to sing.

8 hours ago, Suzn said:

Why are we supposed to find children being brats cute and funny?  And do kids eat anything but chicken nuggets these days?

It's either that or "Mac and Cheese" because macaroni is too hard to pronounce.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3