Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: The Salesman

• Start Topic

Delilah reminisces on the past as she closes a chapter, while Greta weighs an offer from Katherine’s mother. Sophie and Tyrell discuss the future.

Original airdate 4/12/23

I actually mostly liked this episode. I thought them saying goodbye to the house was done well and it was nice to see the friends all get together at the end. Delilah didn’t bother me except I kept getting distracted by her parade of bad wigs as we worked through the flashbacks. Good to see John again. 

Edited by desertflower
  • Like 15
  • LOL 5

I actually laughed when they showed Delilah not getting a wedding invitation. Like, who invites their ex-husband's mistress to their wedding? It actually made sense. But then I was disappointed to see that she really was invited and Theo just hid the invite. And now Theo has forgiven her so it paves the way for Delilah and Eddie to get back together. They seemed to be hinting at that very strongly.

I thought the scenes with Greta and Katherine's mom were sweet.

Still enjoying Tyrell and Sophie, glad they worked out their drama. But Sophie can just take off to Haiti for the whole summer? What about her band? I actually wonder if they were hinting at something changing in her future when in the flashback they showed Jon saying her wanted her to prioritize education over music.

Of course Regina is running for city council and of course Rome will be her campaign manager. I bet she will win too. 

Gary and Maggie were rather obnoxious just interrupting the support group like that. At least Maggie realized and apologized.

Lastly, I am so confused about Delilah's house situation. She finally found a buyer after almost a year, and somehow three months later she is just moving out? And why was she fixing up the house and painting after she'd moved everything out? That's a serious question because I am trying to buy a house now and I've basically been told to get something I have to agree to not ask for any fixes found during an inspection, unless they are major issues. Delilah is selling her house in some alternate universe or something.

Also, where were Delilah and Danny staying, since it seemed like Sophie and Tyrell spent the night their by themselves before everyone got there?

• Like 10
15 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Lastly, I am so confused about Delilah's house situation. She finally found a buyer after almost a year, and somehow three months later she is just moving out? And why was she fixing up the house and painting after she'd moved everything out? That's a serious question because I am trying to buy a house now and I've basically been told to get something I have to agree to not ask for any fixes found during an inspection, unless they are major issues. Delilah is selling her house in some alternate universe or something.

Depends on the market for the house.  Delilah's house was on the market for so long that she probably agreed to do things that a seller whose home instantly got five or six offers would not do.  I will say it is not uncommon for the sellers to fix up minor holes and touch up paint after moving out. 

15 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Of course Regina is running for city council and of course Rome will be her campaign manager. I bet she will win too. 

I just wanted someone to ask Regina what a city councilperson actually does since she seemingly wants to run for that position.  I guarantee you she has absolutely no idea. 

Also, kudos to Maggie and Gary for walking into a support group, immediately making themselves the center of attention and interrupting someone as they were sharing.  That takes chutzpah.

I also feel like I'm missing something, but what does Sophie expect to do in Haiti?  They are writing things like it will be a fun vacation with her new boyfriend.  My understanding is the country is extremely unstable, receiving basic services is an ongoing challenge and it's a pretty dangerous place to visit.  The US Department of State advises people to stay away.

Finally, Delilah's flashback bob wig was terrible.  It looked like she cut her hair herself, got bored and then stopped before she finished. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Delilah, if you want your kids to learn French, speak it to them from birth. It’s not uncommon for kids to grow up bilingual by speaking one language with a parent or both parents and another language out in their community. 

• Like 14
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

Also, kudos to Maggie and Gary for walking into a support group, immediately making themselves the center of attention and interrupting someone as they were sharing.  That takes chutzpah.

Seriously. I’ve been to many support groups and if you come in late, you come in quietly and find a seat. You don’t ostentatiously barge in, yapping your mouth, acting like you’re the star of the show, the party can finally start and everyone needs to stfu and focus on you you you. Chutzpah, indeed. 

• Like 20

Congrats to everyone here who has speculated before that Regina would run for office.  I wonder how in real life (not Million Little Lives financial unreality) they could possibly fund a campaign.  If Regina is campaigning and Rome is her campaign manager, they are going to have to at least sometimes hire people to staff the food cart.  And is Rome currently being paid for helping run the food cart?  And who's funding the campaign?  Sure, they can get signatures/support from grass roots organizations and the ten people who eat at the truck will probably sign, but she needs donors with actual money.

For the first time ever I didn't despise Theo, because (the actor) actually got me to feel bad for him about the invite.

What was with all that furniture (and fairy lights, candles etc) that was still in the house?  They had to hand the keys over by the end of the episode.

• Like 5

Greta doing grocery shopping with her jangmo is so sweet…☺️

I love that scene between Mrs. Kim, Katherine and Greta. So heartwarming. Instead of rushing it, I wish the show would let us see how Mrs. Kim slowly coming to term and accepting her daughter’s new relationship.

This show loves making Delilah a victim. To achieve this and to justify her ridiculous actions (cheating on Jon, running to France etc), they have the audacity to make Jon an insensitive and inattentive husband so Delilah can feel neglected or whatever. Ugh. 🙄

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 6

I loved seeing Jon again, tho he makes me sad. 

This is the only episode I've ever liked Theo, and the actor was pretty good and not cloying in the scenes with his mom. Even in the one with Delilah, tho why on earth everyone has to forgive her is beyond me. 

7 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Seriously. I’ve been to many support groups and if you come in late, you come in quietly and find a seat. You don’t ostentatiously barge in, yapping your mouth, acting like you’re the star of the show, the party can finally start and everyone needs to stfu and focus on you you you. Chutzpah, indeed. 

This. I don't actually hate them on the show, but I would in real life. So obnoxious. 

• Like 6
9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

8 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Depends on the market for the house.  Delilah's house was on the market for so long that she probably agreed to do things that a seller whose home instantly got five or six offers would not do.  I will say it is not uncommon for the sellers to fix up minor holes and touch up paint after moving out. 

It absolutely depends on the market, but this house is in Newton or Brookline, very expensive and desirable areas, so no house would have sat for as long as Delilah's seems to have (time is irrelevant on this show, as Charlie was an infant when Delilah took her to France, but is now 5(?), but they act like the house has been empty for only a year or something). No house would sit like that for 3-4 years. And certainly, there would not have been any little "touches" of filling nail holes required. Currently the market around here is cash offers, not pending on inspection, if you want to buy the house. It is a seller's market, no doubt about it. And in those neighborhoods, it has always been a seller's market. 

One time, that I remember, we closed on a house, but didn't take possession for two weeks, because as the selling realtor said, "They need time to move out."  She even said, you don't have a mortgage payment the first month any way.  I about went over the desk after her. We ended up making them pay rent for two weeks, and we wanted a walk through after it was empty, in case there was damage done during the move out. She called us New Yorkers.  LOL! We were from Minnesota! 

Any other house we've ever closed on, we took possession the day of closing. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Slade347 said:

Stephanie Szostak should seriously consider suing the wardrobe department for having to wear some of the wigs they put her in on national television. 

i should sue the show writers for making me sit thru all this crap with Delilah, the poor poor gal who would have been the perfect wife to Jon if he had just agreed to move to France.  Yeah, right.  And for thinking a happy ending to this mess is to have her get back together with Eddie and the group goes on happy, happy happy with her back.  Ugh.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, desertflower said:

I actually mostly liked this episode. I thought them saying goodbye to the house was done well and it was nice to see the friends all get together at the end. Delilah didn’t bother me except I kept getting distracted by her parade of bad wigs as we worked through the flashbacks. Good to see John again. 

Overall, this was the best episode we've seen in a while IMO. I think the presence of Jon (even in flashback form) made it feel a bit more like the early episodes before things went down the drain. 

I still hate that we're going to end up with Eddie and Delilah, and I thought Theo was as annoying as ever (really starting to think it's the actor not the character). 

• Like 9
11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I actually laughed when they showed Delilah not getting a wedding invitation. Like, who invites their ex-husband's mistress to their wedding? It actually made sense. But then I was disappointed to see that she really was invited and Theo just hid the invite.

I did too, and I thought "Good for Katharine!" Sadly, it was not to be.

9 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Delilah, if you want your kids to learn French, speak it to them from birth. It’s not uncommon for kids to grow up bilingual by speaking one language with a parent or both parents and another language out in their community. 

Absolutely. My mom spoke her native language to me from day one. I wasn't necessarily fluent, but I got by, and when we were stationed in a country that spoke the same language, I quickly became fluent.

8 hours ago, Leeds said:

Congrats to everyone here who has speculated before that Regina would run for office.  I wonder how in real life (not Million Little Lives financial unreality) they could possibly fund a campaign.  If Regina is campaigning and Rome is her campaign manager, they are going to have to at least sometimes hire people to staff the food cart.  And is Rome currently being paid for helping run the food cart?  And who's funding the campaign?  Sure, they can get signatures/support from grass roots organizations and the ten people who eat at the truck will probably sign, but she needs donors with actual money.

For the first time ever I didn't despise Theo, because (the actor) actually got me to feel bad for him about the invite.

What was with all that furniture (and fairy lights, candles etc) that was still in the house?  They had to hand the keys over by the end of the episode.

Real life tends not to get in the way of a story-line on this show. Was it only me who snorted when she was referred to as "a successful businesswoman"? At least she had the food truck in a reasonable location this time.

There were several things I liked about the show - despite their stupid entrance at the survivors group, Maggie and Gary actually made some friends in a pretty realistic way, and seemingly far better than those child class uberachiever friends. Though I have to withhold judgment on the woman who was devastated about not having a child. They could turn her into a kidnapper. But I hope not.

Though disappointed that Delilah didn't get the wedding shaft, I thought the Theo story was a lot better than any other we've seen, and the actor was better.

And of course, Katharine's mother and Greta were great. I didn't much care for Greta when she first came on, but I really like her now. Better than most of the other characters, actually.

I seriously thought this was the second to the last episode, all that feel good stuff with the friend group felt like a wrap up and that the next episode would be the wedding. But no, there are three more episodes. Which isn't that much longer, but for some reason feels like it.

I don't hate this show - I've never been a hate watcher. But I won't miss it either.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 6

I have never liked Maggie but generally didn't mind Gary, but as a couple with a new baby I find them utterly obnoxious.

And did they really have a quickie in the bathroom, whose door they didn't lock (I paid attention because it's a pet peeve), despite Gary having just walked in on Maggie?

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Though I have to withhold judgment on the woman who was devastated about not having a child. They could turn her into a kidnapper. But I hope not.

I had to pull out two quotes from your post because they were both topics of discussion in my house last night. As soon as the woman wanted to hold the baby, my wife said, "Oh hell, are we gonna have a kidnapping storyline now?!" 

8 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I don't hate this show - I've never been a hate watcher. But I won't miss it either.

I told my wife that I'm not going to miss this show when it ends. I suppose on a certain level, I am hate watching. But overall, I feel like I'm watching out of obligation. I'm not going to miss the show when it ends. Instead, I already miss what it used to be. 

• Like 5
36 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Real life tends not to get in the way of a story-line on this show. Was it only me who snorted when she was referred to as "a successful businesswoman"?

I literally scoffed out loud at that. Successful businesswoman? Are they referring to her closed restaurant, or the food truck where she gives away half her food for free and never seems to move her truck from this one homeless encampment? I'm glad that at least with the show ending we wont get an annoying election storyline, I know it would just bother me. Does Gina even know what a city councilperson does? What would her platform be? Are they going to fund her campaign with Rome's teachers salary and Regina's food truck where she gives tons of food away? 

Its so weird, the show felt like it had pivoted to make Delilah less likable when they realized how much a lot of the audience disliked her, but now that the show is ending they have apparently decided to go back to making her a big woobie. It was great seeing Jon again, even if I continue to be annoyed at the show trying to justify Delilah having an affair by making Jon look like he was a neglectful husband. I am so not looking forward to her and Eddie getting back together, too much has already happened between them and I don't think that they even have much chemistry. 

I still don't really care about Katherine and Greta as a couple, but I have come to like Greta more and the stuff between Greta and Katherine's mom was nice. 

In general I did like this episode, certainly more than I have liked a lot of episodes. Seeing the history of the house and everyone saying goodbye to it felt very bittersweet and there were a lot of nice scenes between a lot of characters, even Delilah got a few good scenes. I wont really miss this show, but I will miss most of the actors, this shows lost potential, and snarking on this board. 

I cant really blame Theo for not wanting his dads mistress at his moms wedding, having the woman who had an affair with your ex husband at your second wedding really does seem batshit crazy when you say it out loud, but I guess that's pretty standard for characters on this show. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 9

I forgot a couple of things. When Eddie said "you don't choose who you love" I said "but you damn sure get to choose whether or not to act on it EDDIE."

While destroying John's character to make Delilah more relatable (which I actually don't mind, marriages are complicated and no one is a saint), the story they use is that Delilah wanted to move to France all along, partly because she was lonely (which really, got a kid in kindergarten, and another one, and no friends to be found?) and then wanted to move back for the same reason. Maybe she can't make friends on her own because...well...she's Delilah.

33 minutes ago, Leeds said:

And did they really have a quickie in the bathroom, whose door they didn't lock (I paid attention because it's a pet peeve), despite Gary having just walked in on Maggie?

A pet peeve of mine too. (that and keeping curtains open when you're in danger) I thought she made a motion toward locking, but it didn't look like she actually locked it.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
11 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Hear, hear!  My Irish/Polish cousin has a PhD in Spanish, he married a woman from Equador and guess what?  They decided before they even had kids to only speak Spanish at home.  They also live in New Orleans and enrolled their kids in French immersion public schools there and now they've got adult children, completely fluent in 3 languages.  One of them works for the US mission at the UN traveling the world as an expert in providing aid to developing countries.  Another lived and worked in Paris for 3 years after college and was frequently mistaken for a native French speaker.  It's a wonderful gift to give your kids another language.

It seemed like Jon maybe didn't speak French, so it might've been hard to use it at home all the time, but young kids are sponges and Delilah could've taught them a lot.  Why didn't she take them to France herself during school breaks, etc to see their relatives and experience the culture?  

Considering they were attending a CANCER support group, it was pretty insensitive of Gary and Maggie to waltz into the meeting with their baby, laughing and joking about their fabulous lives.  Read the room before you speak, people.  Also, if you are arriving late, quietly take a seat in the back and observe for a bit before opening your yap.  And no one over the age of 25 and sober wants to have sex in a bathroom.

I, too, was confused as to where Delilah, Sophie and Danny were living and were going to live now that the house was sold.  Since the storyline was that she came to the US only because of Charlie's medical emergency a week or so ago, why is Delilah still there?  Yet, she is not only hanging around Boston, she's going to be there long enough to RSVP and attend Catherine's wedding?  Why?  How?  Where?

They seemed to be signaling pretty hard that Eddie/Delilah are end game.  Alas.

It was also confusing when Sophie decided to bop off to Haiti with her boyfriend for the summer. Tyrell comes from an impoverished background, his mom in Haiti is very poor.  What is he going to do all summer to earn the money he must need to supplement his grants and scholarships at Yale?  I put myself through college and you'd better believe I didn't go anywhere or do anything during the summer to impede my ability to make some money for school.  Sophie is now around 20 years old, not in school and seemingly works here and there at the food truck and occasionally does singing gigs.  Now that the house is sold, how is she planning to support herself? Is her mother ok with her pfaffing around Haiti with her boyfriend all summer?  I presume that Sophie, at least, won't be able to work legally in Haiti and I am sure the typical wage there is far lower than in the US.  How is she going to live?

Regina as a Boston councilwoman is to laugh.  Her only issue will be providing free food to the homeless?  And this is the issue that is going to inspire the voters?  What does she know about the 'real work' of being on city council?  Like getting snow plowed and streets repaired in the ward.  Making sure that there is adequate safety and security in the neighborhoods to attract people to live there and new businesses to open.  Her main issue, while a very worthwhile and admirable goal, is not something that a city council member is going to win an election on.  Better she should organize her own non-profit with other restaurant and food truck owners to donate food as a private entity.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
35 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I, too, was confused as to where Delilah, Sophie and Danny were living and were going to live now that the house was sold. 

And where did they go when Eddie was just left in the kitchen?   That shot was a big bummer for me, probably because I like Eddie the most.  

At the end I was like, "Phew, glad that show is over!" lol thinking it was the series finale.  And I was glad that  Gary's imminent death didn't happen (or really even mentioned for a while)  Shoot.  🙄

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Notabug said:

And no one over the age of 25 and sober wants to have sex in a bathroom.

Or, for me, even under 25. Ick. Then again, I was mostly sober - not quite a clean freak, but had a thing about bathrooms that weren't my own. While working remote during the pandemic, and now being retired, it's one of my favorite things about not being at work anymore. (tmi?)

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 4
  • Wink 1
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

It was also confusing when Sophie decided to bop off to Haiti with her boyfriend for the summer. Tyrell comes from an impoverished background, his mom in Haiti is very poor.  What is he going to do all summer to earn the money he must need to supplement his grants and scholarships at Yale?  I put myself through college and you'd better believe I didn't go anywhere or do anything during the summer to impede my ability to make some money for school.  Sophie is now around 20 years old, not in school and seemingly works here and there at the food truck and occasionally does singing gigs.  Now that the house is sold, how is she planning to support herself? Is her mother ok with her pfaffing around Haiti with her boyfriend all summer?  I presume that Sophie, at least, won't be able to work legally in Haiti and I am sure the typical wage there is far lower than in the US.  How is she going to live?

She'll probably do some worthy but heart-breaking and life-changing volunteer work.  Where she'll likely be exposed to lovely things like dysentery and even cholera, and will be at risk for dangerous skin infections, amongst other things.  Good luck getting American style medical attention, Sophie. 

Meanwhile, here's a recent travel advisory from the US Gov:

• Do not travel to Haiti due to kidnapping, crime, and civil unrest.  U.S. citizens should depart Haiti now in light of the current security and health situation and infrastructure challenges.  U.S. citizens wishing to depart Port-au-Prince should monitor local news and only do so when considered safe.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
12 minutes ago, Leeds said:

Anyone else notice that the "We don't believe in using pacifiers" couple has now supplied the baby with one?

Yeah, Maggie gave in at the end of the pacifier-drama episode.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
33 minutes ago, Leeds said:

Meanwhile, here's a recent travel advisory from the US Gov:

• Do not travel to Haiti due to kidnapping, crime, and civil unrest.  U.S. citizens should depart Haiti now in light of the current security and health situation and infrastructure challenges.  U.S. citizens wishing to depart Port-au-Prince should monitor local news and only do so when considered safe.

The US Gov forgot to add to be careful with UN aide workers because they tend to be the source of things like cholera in the country

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I cant really blame Theo for not wanting his dads mistress at his moms wedding, having the woman who had an affair with your ex husband at your second wedding really does seem batshit crazy when you say it out loud, but I guess that's pretty standard for characters on this show. 

Having the ex-husband that actually cheated on you at your wedding seems batshit crazy to me. But I guess if you're opening the door to one, may as well open it to the other.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Eddie and Katherine got back together after the Delilah affair and were relatively happy until Eddie lied to her about being on drugs again and hiding pain killers.  That whole Theo nonsense was as someone mentioned above basically setting up for Eddie and Delilah reuniting.  LOL on the bad wigs Delilah wore throughout the  scenes from her past.    

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
14 minutes ago, JenLily said:

Having the ex-husband that actually cheated on you at your wedding seems batshit crazy to me. But I guess if you're opening the door to one, may as well open it to the other.

In any just and sane universe, Katherine would have dumped all of the co-dependent weirdos ages ago for some nice normal friends considering how they all treated her like shit for so long, but that's not how this show works. 

Maggie and Gary are always annoyingly self obsessed, but that's gone up to an eleven since they had a baby. Watching them interrupt this poor woman as she cries about her fears of infertility to do their standup routine was so cringy. Guys, its a support group, not your set at the local comedy club, just sit down and shut up until its your turn to talk, especially when your late. Instead they come in like they think everyone has been waiting for them and the meeting can only start now that they're gracing them with their presence. 

Its so weird watching this show try to make Eddie and Delilah a thing again. I think when the show was starting out they were supposed to be the end game couple, but fans hated them together so they pivoted away until right now. So these are Eddie's choices? The women he cheated on his wife with while she was married to his best friend who fled the country with their daughter, a grumpy professor, or the woman who put him in a wheelchair? Pick your poison! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

When Sophie was talking to Tyrell (I think), she mentioned being sexually assaulted by Peter and how her mom was thousands of miles away and how difficult that was for her. So the show both reminds us of Delilah's shitty parenting AND is making it look like Eddie and her are reuniting? Wow. 

• Like 8
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So these are Eddie's choices? The women he cheated on his wife with while she was married to his best friend who fled the country with their daughter, a grumpy professor, or the woman who put him in a wheelchair? Pick your poison

Grumpy professor

• Like 3
22 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Yes, but my point was it is currently a crazy market and Delilah's home is beautiful. It never would have sat on the market as long as it did, unless they are in some alternate universe.

9 hours ago, Notabug said:

I, too, was confused as to where Delilah, Sophie and Danny were living and were going to live now that the house was sold.  Since the storyline was that she came to the US only because of Charlie's medical emergency a week or so ago, why is Delilah still there?  Yet, she is not only hanging around Boston, she's going to be there long enough to RSVP and attend Catherine's wedding?  Why?  How?  Where?

I am not sure how much time it has been since the last episode, but I could buy Delilah deciding to stay around for the closing of her house? But no idea where she is going to stay now that she has sold her house but decided to move back. Seems like maybe she should have made her decision a few weeks ago. Maybe buy something smaller? Move in with Regina and Rome since Tyrell is gone?

• LOL 2

Or move in with Eddie so they can co-parent leading to sparks and my being angry with this show.   The people were getting the keys so she should have money in the bank soon she can air bnb something now she isn't going back to France but my guess is still she moves in with Eddie.

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Guys, its a support group, not your set at the local comedy club, just sit down and shut up until its your turn to talk

It is *always* Gary’s time at the comedy club.  There are literal comedians who are performing less.

I’m just going to say this and I don’t care how controversial it is — chocolate hummus is not real hummus, Greta!

Eagerly awaiting Delilah’s Reddit post — I’ve lived in Paris for actual years and have been in the states for literally two minutes, but I think I deserve an invite to the wedding of the woman whose husband I slept with, AITA?

Theo wanting to sit at the adults table might be the greatest unintentional joke on this show.  The writers consistently write him as 9 years old!

Writing Delilah as always wanting to move everyone to France is an *amazing* attempt at retroactive continuity.  Which, if that’s what you really wanted, you had the chance to move Sophie and Danny there when you left for there with Charlie!?  

I feel time always moves weirdly on this show but Sophie and Tyrell have been dating, I dunno, three months max?  And you’re uprooting your life for a trip together?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
22 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So these are Eddie's choices? The women he cheated on his wife with while she was married to his best friend who fled the country with their daughter, a grumpy professor, or the woman who put him in a wheelchair? Pick your poison! 

He needs to "Kelly Taylor" this whole thing.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 4/13/2023 at 12:04 AM, txhorns79 said:

Delilah's house was on the market for so long that she probably agreed to do things that a seller whose home instantly got five or six offers would not do.  I will say it is not uncommon for the sellers to fix up minor holes and touch up paint after moving out. 

But the agreement would be to actually *fix* the minor holes, not throw spackle on them and then not (1) let it dry, (2) sand it down, (3) paint to match wall. They just left these blobs of spackle on the walls. Also, when was the closing? Because it these were required fixes, then they would have to be done, the buyers do a final walk-through, and then if satisfactory, the closing.

Everyone's harped sufficiently on the house issues/closing/where is every living (kudos to the catch re: Sophie and Tyrelle sleeping there without D and Danny!). But what about the wedding seating? Katherine and Greta had just sent out the invitations! How are they deciding seating before they know who is coming? There was some aunt they were surprised said yes, so clearly they weren't just assuming everyone would want to come to their very special day.

I guess I'll give Theo a pass on his "plan" for Delilah to not be invited, since he wouldn't realize that K&G would be expecting a response back and probably would contact her when they hadn't heard. Or maybe, like us, he thought D would just go back to France.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

Writing Delilah as always wanting to move everyone to France is an *amazing* attempt at retroactive continuity.  Which, if that’s what you really wanted, you had the chance to move Sophie and Danny there when you left for there with Charlie!?  

I feel time always moves weirdly on this show but Sophie and Tyrell have been dating, I dunno, three months max?  And you’re uprooting your life for a trip together?

To be fair, Delilah did want to move Sophie and Danny there when she went there with Charlie, and they refused.

I think Sophie and Tyrell have been dating more like 2 weeks. Didn't they say he'd been back with Rome and Regina for 2 weeks and now was leaving?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, smartymarty said:

Everyone's harped sufficiently on the house issues/closing/where is every living (kudos to the catch re: Sophie and Tyrelle sleeping there without D and Danny!). But what about the wedding seating? Katherine and Greta had just sent out the invitations! How are they deciding seating before they know who is coming? There was some aunt they were surprised said yes, so clearly they weren't just assuming everyone would want to come to their very special day.

Everyone has a long-lost/drunk/unwanted aunt/uncle/cousin who turns up after their mother-in-law insisted they had to be invited.  I'd be grateful they responded, unlike the many people who ignored the handy self-addressed, stamped response cards I included for a family event decades ago.  Bitter?  Me?

If you're part of a relationship that includes a control freak/obnoxious 9-year-old/over-involved mother, you might as well distract them by giving them the task of tiny name tags and tables to make and arrange. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, SilverLake0315 said:

He needs to "Kelly Taylor" this whole thing.

?

A reference to the original Beverly Hills 90210.  Kelly Taylor was one of the lead female characters.  At one point, two of the male leads, Brandon and Dylan, were both chasing after her, pressuring her to choose the one she wanted.  In a famously cheesy scene, Kelly says 'I choose me' and tells them both to go away.

OP was suggesting Eddie choose himself rather than any of the dubious options the show provided.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
On 4/12/2023 at 8:49 PM, KaveDweller said:

Wow, things have really changed. Last time we sold a house our agent was really bossy about making us fix things and “improve” some things that didn’t need fixing.

It was nice to see Ron Livingston again, finally. But they sure did some character assassination on Jon.

On 4/13/2023 at 1:54 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Greta doing grocery shopping with her jangmo is so sweet…☺️

I love that scene between Mrs. Kim, Katherine and Greta. So heartwarming. Instead of rushing it, I wish the show would let us see how Mrs. Kim slowly coming to term and accepting her daughter’s new relationship.

I really like Greta, but Mrs. Kim being so accepting so quickly does seem unrealistic.

On 4/13/2023 at 6:05 AM, cardigirl said:

One time, that I remember, we closed on a house, but didn't take possession for two weeks, because as the selling realtor said, "They need time to move out."  She even said, you don't have a mortgage payment the first month any way.  I about went over the desk after her. We ended up making them pay rent for two weeks, and we wanted a walk through after it was empty, in case there was damage done during the move out. She called us New Yorkers.  LOL! We were from Minnesota! 

Any other house we've ever closed on, we took possession the day of closing. 

Not quite as bad as your situation was, but we once bought a house and were given the keys at closing (on a Friday) and told we could move in then. And the sellers weren’t completely out yet, insisted they had the weekend to finish, and very rudely told us to get lost. I was about as thrilled as you were (and I AM originally from New York, but my easygoing husband who grew up in Montana was equally ticked off). They also took one of the shower heads and replaced it with something that belonged on a cheap kitchen faucet. Turned out these people had cheaped out on a lot of things.

On 4/13/2023 at 8:59 AM, Clanstarling said:

I forgot a couple of things. When Eddie said "you don't choose who you love" I said "but you damn sure get to choose whether or not to act on it EDDIE.”

Yes, THIS. And people with a healthy moral compass, upon realizing they’re developing feelings for someone they really shouldn’t, would make every effort to nip it in the bud. Too many movies and shows have given people the idea that falling in love is like a lightning bolt from the blue that must be acted upon to be “true to yourself” or some such drivel, no matter who gets hurt. Maybe that’s why there are so many divorces in Hollywood.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Katherine's goofy choppy haircut has gone into pigtails.  Annoying!

Theo, shut your mouth anyway, but don't talk with food in your mouth.  Annoying!

Delilah, always annoying!  So Jon killed himself because Delilah was harping about moving to France, is that it now?

Sophie and Tyrell in Haiti?  Should be a blast!  Does she even know anything about Haiti?  She acts as if she's going to Hawaii.  Maybe she's confused.

Forgot to to mention the annoying Maggie, Gary and Javier crashing the support group.  The most annoying couple!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Anyone else think it a little odd that the bride's own middle-school age son would be relegated to the "kids' table" at her wedding? (I've never even seen a kids' table at a wedding; kids have always sat with their parents.) But I'd think the wedding couple's own kids would sit with the bridal party or at least with the rest of the immediate family. Usually the couple's parents/siblings sit close to the head table.

3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Theo, shut your mouth anyway, but don't talk with food in your mouth.  Annoying!

Ugh, yeah, that was gross and unnecessary.

Sophie and Tyrell in Haiti?  Should be a blast!  Does she even know anything about Haiti?  

Right? They're talking like Haiti is just a place you go and have a nice visit with your mom. Tyrell shouldn't be going there, either. I just googled "Haiti travel advisory" and the recommendation is, in a word, "don't." (To elaborate, "We continue to advise do not travel to Haiti due to the very high levels of violent crime, kidnapping and the volatile security situation, as well as severe shortages of basic necessities such as fuel, potable water and food. Feb 24, 2023") I know it's June in AMLT-land but I doubt much has changed.

Forgot to to mention the annoying Maggie, Gary and Javier crashing the support group.  The most annoying couple!

I felt bad for the woman who was talking when they came in. They interrupted her, then when they settled Gary shifted the focus to the other guy there and she never got to finish what she was saying. Jerks.

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
17 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

To be fair, Delilah did want to move Sophie and Danny there when she went there with Charlie, and they refused.

I didn't think Delilah didn't "move" there until she was already there.  Didn't she just go for a month because her Dad was sick?  Then Covid travel restrictions or something made it so she couldn't get back?  Then she just never came back, although Danny came and went mulitple times.   The whole thing was weird but I might be remembering the details wrong. 

• Like 3