Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I keep thinking of Casanova's blonde ex-girlfriend, with him for ten years and two children and always hoping to get married.  Why do young women waste so much time on a loser like that? 

He may have been promising her that he’d marry her “when the time was right.” I heard that story from a guy once, but I figured out the time was never going to be right in his mind. Some guys are just like that. Even kids won’t make a guy marry someone if he’s afraid of commitment. 

• Love 1

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. I tried to read all the posts on the Cari Farver case, but I might've skimmed over something.  Her car was supposedly examined by forensics--that's when they found Liz's fingerprint on the mint tin.  But on a later examination, they found all that blood under the lift-up part of the console.  How could they have missed that the first time around?  It's big, it's obvious, it didn't look as if you needed to disassemble something to find it (I could be wrong about that).  Did I nod off, or was the forensics as slipshod as the overall investigation?  I figured it was Liz when she just happened to drop by when he had a date at his apartment.  She was obviously stalking him--convenient coincidence.  (And who believes Cari called a total stranger a bitch for no reason?  Not me.)

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

But on a later examination, they found all that blood under the lift-up part of the console.  How could they have missed that the first time around?  It's big, it's obvious, it didn't look as if you needed to disassemble something to find it (I could be wrong about that).  Did I nod off, or was the forensics as slipshod as the overall investigation?.

I wondered about that, too. Especially since they said it'd been sold to somebody else. and they said the new owners had done some fixing up with it. One would think the new owners would've wondered about that stain and made mention of it, but I don't recall the show saying they had.

(And who believes Cari called a total stranger a bitch for no reason?  Not me.)

Yeah, at the start of the episode they were like, "Oh, these two women just brushed past each other and laughed it off, no biggie", and then later Liz is claiming Cari called her a bitch. That's quite a change from the initial description of that encounter. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

But on a later examination, they found all that blood under the lift-up part of the console.  How could they have missed that the first time around? 

That blood wasn't found in Cari's car.  It was found in Liz's vehicle, which she had sold to someone else.  The cops found whom she sold it to and did the search then. 

• Love 6

Just watched a great doc: A Murder in the Park. An outrageous, railroading miscarriage of justice perpetrated by... The Northwestern University Medill Innocence Project.

I think it's available on Netflix, as well as other places on the web if you search. Highly recommended.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

That blood wasn't found in Cari's car.  It was found in Liz's vehicle, which she had sold to someone else.  The cops found whom she sold it to and did the search then. 

Actually it was Cari's car. When they originally found Cari's car of course all they found was the mint container with a fingerprint on it. Years later when they suspected Liz they tested and found it was her print on the lid. So when Liz started giving them emails supposedly from Amy to her, describing killing Cari in her car, the police tracked down Cari's car in another county. They removed the cloth material from the passenger side seat and found the huge blood stain on the seat. So as much as yes, they finally solved the case, it could have been solved much sooner had they done a much more thorough job of many aspects of the case, not the least of those doing a much better job of examining Cari's car when it was found. They are lucky that the car had not been destroyed in the years in between when they first found it, and when they finally figured out that Liz was the crazy person. 

• Love 12

Apparently it was her car.  I just checked the story in several different news sources, and they confirmed that it wasn't till a second inspection that the forensics people found the bloodstains.  So many things overlooked in this case, so many obvious leads not followed.  And all that time her family was allowed to suffer so terribly at the hands of this lunatic.

Thanks, UsernameFatigue.  My husband says there's nothing I like as much as being right.  (He's clearly forgetting about chocolate.)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Apparently it was her car.  I just checked the story in several different news sources, and they confirmed that it wasn't till a second inspection that the forensics people found the bloodstains.  So many things overlooked in this case, so many obvious leads not followed.  And all that time her family was allowed to suffer so terribly at the hands of this lunatic.

Thanks, UsernameFatigue.  My husband says there's nothing I like as much as being right.  (He's clearly forgetting about chocolate.)

The information I posted was from the episode itself. But I did have to go back and check (I still had it on PVR) myself as I had zoned out as well at some points. They spent way too much of the two hours following (supposedly) Crazy Cari's disappearance, and way too little of the two hours on Lunatic Liz and her background. Turns out that all Cari did wrong was to date Liz's ex for two weeks.  Very sad. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7

Regarding "Scorned," just what exactly was the appeal with this guy?  He looked like a nerdy, bug-eyed guy with arm tats who had zero personality.  How anyone could murder and stalk for years over this guy is mind-blowing.

• Love 7

Yes, the blood was def in Cari's car, which lined up with Liz's fingerprint on the mint can in Cari's car so helped make a stronger case against Liz. As always, Dateline reinforces my belief that so many in law enforcement are just there to have a job. Whether they do it well is not part of the equation. I did not watch the rerun of Frantic. I figured I had seen it, although I'd need a memory refresh on it. Most Datelines I can rewatch some years later and still be surprised by the ending.

• Love 3

For those that remember the Craig Rideout murder episode a couple of weeks ago, here is an article from today's paper http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/10/03/rideout-lawyers-want-murder-evidence-tampering-convictions-thrown-out/726344001/

A lot of people here questioned why all 4 were tried together, and the defense attorneys are using that as one of the reasons to throw out the convictions.  Stranger things have happened here in the past couple years (Charlie Tan) so I really won't be surprised if they are successful.

For those that thought Tucci may have killed his first wife, her family says no, that she died from liver disease due to alcoholsm

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/10/04/paul-tucci-wife-death-liver-disease-rideout-murder-case/731153001/

Edited by Cupcake04
eta
  • Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:16 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

The information I posted was from the episode itself. But I did have to go back and check (I still had it on PVR) myself as I had zoned out as well at some points. They spent way too much of the two hours following (supposedly) Crazy Cari's disappearance, and way too little of the two hours on Lunatic Liz and her background. Turns out that all Cari did wrong was to date Liz's ex for two weeks.  Very sad. 

I usually don't mind the two hours, but the Crazy Cari garbage went on far too long, especially when she was never the bad guy.  This show has done this before, and it angers me.  They are so invested in keeping the mystery alive, that they instruct those involved to interview as if they didn't know the end of the story, either.  So for an hour we hear Dave calling her Crazy Cari, and we hear Janet (?) talk about her irresponsible daughter who refuses to answer her texts, and we have Max talking about the mother who abandoned him.  It's bad Karma, or something, to add to the horrible smear Cari received by piling on.  Dateline actually contributed and prolonged the slander to Cari, and I can't imagine how Janet and Max felt watching this episode.  And I really felt they kept baiting the audience by continually showing the one picture of Cari where she has the unfortunate short haircut, and is smiling aggressively into the camera in a sinister manner.  I notice that once they moved beyond the Crazy Cari stuff, way too late in my opinion, they only showed the nicer, softer images of Cari.

And I agree they left out far too much of Liz.  I thought early on that she was the bad guy, but who deliberately burns their two dogs and cat to death?  And may she roast in hell for that alone!  I want to know how the hell she did all of this, while holding down a full time job, keeping her home, and raising her children.  What does she have to say for herself.  Did she have a psychological examination.  How about interviewing someone from Liz's life other than non-committal Dave who probably didn't notice anything other than her rack.  How about the father of Liz's children - was she possessive of him, did he find her obsessive or controlling?  There should have been far less piling on of Cari, and far more of building up Liz and her crimes.  In my opinion, the story should have started about Liz and her life, and talking to her family and loved ones about being stalked, and being shot, etc.  Cari actually had no part in the story, other than a dead body.   She's dead five minutes into the story, and DAVE of all people gets the honor of setting up the scene.  Blah.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:47 AM, Phoebe70 said:

Regarding "Scorned," just what exactly was the appeal with this guy?  He looked like a nerdy, bug-eyed guy with arm tats who had zero personality.  How anyone could murder and stalk for years over this guy is mind-blowing.

*Some* women find a man who doesn't commit an almost irresistible challenge.  And *some* women get off on what they can't have, or competing against another woman for a man.  Dave and Liz got back together for awhile as they comforted each other over Crazy Cari's threats.  But then Keith said they drifted apart again, which implies Liz no longer wanted him.  For awhile Liz had to keep up the "Cari" act to make sure Cari remained the bad guy.  Her problem, I'm guessing, is she was again enraged when Dave went to live with his baby mama to protect his kids, and Liz's jealousy flared up again.

• Love 5
On 10/3/2017 at 1:28 PM, Cupcake04 said:

For those that remember the Craig Rideout murder episode a couple of weeks ago, here is an article from today's paper http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/10/03/rideout-lawyers-want-murder-evidence-tampering-convictions-thrown-out/726344001/

A lot of people here questioned why all 4 were tried together, and the defense attorneys are using that as one of the reasons to throw out the convictions.  Stranger things have happened here in the past couple years (Charlie Tan) so I really won't be surprised if they are successful.

For those that thought Tucci may have killed his first wife, her family says no, that she died from liver disease due to alcoholsm

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/10/04/paul-tucci-wife-death-liver-disease-rideout-murder-case/731153001/

Thanks for that info. Dateline left SO much out I had to look the case up to see why four people were being wrongly tried. Now I see. 

Somewhat off topic, but if I hear another attorney dismissing a case due to it being "circumstantial" I'm leaping through the teevee and throttling him. 

Edited by bubbls
  • Love 3

I knew it was Liz 5 minutes into the show. The minute they discussed the two women being Dave’s apartment and it not seeming important ‘ at the time.  

Maybe the various jurisdictions complicated this case, but someone should have linked this all up much sooner than 3 years.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3

Anybody catch last night’s episode? I kind of dozed off after figuring out the husband was guilty is hell, but backed up my recording to see how it turned out. WHAT was that disguise the 2nd wife had going? LOL, I wondered why she looked so odd until they said she wanted not to reveal who she was. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

WHAT was that disguise the 2nd wife had going? LOL, I wondered why she looked so odd until they said she wanted not to reveal who she was. 

And the disguise was for naught, since she testified at the second trial, where she came off as bat crap crazy.

The turning point for me to lean toward "not murder" was the testimony in the second trial of the EMS guy who said he moved the dead lady's arms to the upward position they were found in.  But I really wanted to know why that EMS guy wasn't spoken to by the cops, the DA, or even the first defense counsel.  I know I saw this case on 48 Hours earlier in the year, and I don't remember if that issue was addressed then either.  The other thing that had me in the defense camp early on was the prosecution's use of that Grade A whore, Werner Spitz. 

As for the daughter who changed her recollection, I really do think the reason she is estranged from her family is germane to the story, but I get that Dateline can't make her spill the deets on that.  Doesn't make me want to know any less, but I get why they didn't tell us.

• Love 5

I thought Curtis was guilty until the EMT explained why her arms were raised. Once that issue was accounted for, I started thinking about the whole picture and came to the conclusion that he probably didn’t kill her. If he had killed her the night before, then when he left to drop the older kids off at school, he was knowingly leaving his 4 year old son home alone. Even if the child was in bed, I just don’t believe a dad of four would do that. While Curtis was gone, the child could have hurt himself, set the house on fire, messed with the mom’s body, etc. I just don’t think he would have left the child home alone, especially if he was concerned enough to take the child to his grandmother’s once he got home. I also think that the fact that it was Valentine’s Day makes it less likely that the older kids were having false or influenced memories about their mom from that morning. Because they had cards and valentine boxes and all that makes it unlikely they would have mixed the morning up with a different morning. Also, it sounds like Cory ran the house... I have a hard time believing a flustered Curtis who had killed his wife the night before and probably not slept after that could successfully make breakfast and help the kids get all their stuff ready for school on a day that wasn’t even quite the normal routine because of Valentine’s Day if it wasn’t his habit to be in charge of the morning routine. I think this is a case of the defendant not being particularly likeable but being innocent. She probably did die of something related to her liver/alcohol exacerbated by her weakened immune system. The daughter probably never got over how quickly her dad moved on and replaced her mother twice - as the oldest and a 12 year old girl at the time her mother died, it would certainly have a different effect on her than the younger boys. So when faced with police telling her that her mom was murdered, I can see her getting confused and not trusting her memory and not knowing what to think.

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Love 5

I was really surprised by the second detective, he did all of the investigation behind the guys back and just showed up to arrest him.  There really was no favoritism for Rideout.  I don;t think he was aa great guy but the family is now destroyed because the 2nd detective did not check out the whoole story and thingss started falling apart after the EMT's testimony.  What a waste of time.

• Love 4

Help!  I fell asleep before the end of the ep about the female army recruit who went into law enforcement via Cal State Fullerton and disappeared.  Was it her housemate?  Did they ever find her remains?  I think her name was Maribel.

I've seen the epi of Curtis before, maybe on 48 Hours.   They alluded that the daughter didn't get along with wife number 2, so she was sent to live with relatives.  I'm not a fan of the husband but felt he didn't do it.  The police was over reaching here. 

The third wife and her scarves wound around her neck bugged me. I think there could have been a video of him committing murder and she would not believe it.  

• Love 6
21 hours ago, LGGirl said:

I've seen the epi of Curtis before, maybe on 48 Hours.   They alluded that the daughter didn't get along with wife number 2, so she was sent to live with relatives.  I'm not a fan of the husband but felt he didn't do it.  The police was over reaching here. 

The third wife and her scarves wound around her neck bugged me. I think there could have been a video of him committing murder and she would not believe it.  

Yep, the third wife dressed and looked like a fligh attendant.  As soon as wife #2 came on the screen, I said to my daughter, "WTH is up with that hair?  It looks like a wig."  Twenty minutes later it showed her true appearance when she testified.  Why did she even both to attempt to disguise herself?

I don't think Curtis did it.  Sure, he's kinda sleezy, and his relationship track record isn't the best, but that doesn't make him a murderer.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

I don't think Curtis did it.  Sure, he's kinda sleezy, and his relationship track record isn't the best, but that doesn't make him a murderer.

See, the best that I'll be able to do is concede that it couldn't be proven, but I still think it's plausible that he could have done it.  I've also seen the 48 Hours episode.  Wife #2 was BSC, but I don't necessarily think she was wrong about everything.  Curtis said early on  that he and Cori both drank too much at times.  Erica (wife #2) mentioned him drinking once at 9 am in the morning when they fought about the kids.  That seems similar to when Curtis said he and Cori drank.  Maybe he was an angry drunk.

The cremation bugs me, and frankly, the adoption bugs me.  In this day and age, there are plenty of stepfamilies and second or third marriages.  Why was it necessary for Christine to adopt the kids at all?  Plenty of kids have step-parents, and these kids were old enough to remember their mother.  It would make more sense to me if the kids were small when this happened and Christine was the only mother they ever knew, but that's not the case here.  It almost seems like Curtis was trying to make Cori disappear.  Something also seems "off" about Christine....like she's trying waaay too hard.  I know, nothing concrete, and certainly nothing that would hold up in court, but I'm not sure that Curtis Lovelace is innocent.  He was just found not guilty.

• Love 9

Didn't all the family members agree to cremate Cori?  It's not like Craig made the decision on his own.

I thought Craig was skeevy at times....but I don't think he killed Cori.  And when the EMT guy testified that he moved her hands....I think the state's case went down the tubes.

Biggest issue for me....why didn't the D.A.'s office question the fact that the 2nd detective shopped around for a coroner/forensics expert who would agree with his view of the case.  Were they just lazy...or knew they had no case if that fact was known?

• Love 1

I'm always suspicious when a younger person dies suddenly. Fatty liver disease does not cause sudden death as was mentioned on the show. Liver disease can cause death but there is a progression of symptoms which includes jaundice, swelling of the abdomen, mental confusion etc. You don't just drop dead like that. There is no evidence of murder, but I would be forever curious if it were my mother.

• Love 9

What seemed more likely to me than "fatty liver," was a person with the flu,  likely dehydrated, drinking a giant paper cup of something that looked like vodka and orange juice, possibly on top of other flu remedies like Nyquil.   When the medic said her hands had originally been at her throat, I thought she might have been throwing some of that up while lying on her back and choking on it.

It was a curious family.  They seemed to be living far below what I imagined his income would be, they were pleasant on the surface but fought  loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and the house was truly a mess even by Dateline standards.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, sinycalone said:

Didn't all the family members agree to cremate Cori?  It's not like Craig made the decision on his own.

I don't think so.  I seem to recall there being something said about her mother or siblings (or someone on her side of the family) buying a plot for her, either intending or expecting her to be buried, but Curtis went ahead and had her cremated.  He made a comment about "as a family," but his only family at that point (besides Cori) was his four young children.  If they were adult children, yes, that is indeed something they could decide, but there's no way a kid's going to actually "decide" that at 12.  As Cori's husband, he was the main decider...which works well if he ofted his wife.

In the words of Abby Scuito of NCIS, something is hinky in that family.  All is not what it seems, and that has continued since Cori's death, so it's something more than just Cori.  I wouldn't trust Curtis Lovelace at all.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

That’s what convinced me he was guilty, @Madding crowd. She suddenly dies of liver failure? There would have been many doctor visits or a history to support it. I’m still going with arsenic poisoning.

I thought this was a possibility also. Or that she was sedated, making it easier to smother her. I still think he did it.

A few things I read:

A neighbour (who I think they showed) testified that they were arguing the night before, even though Curtis said they were not. Another neighbour testified that he was walking his dog at 6 or 6:30 am (can't remember which) and that he could see Curtis pacing back in forth in the bedroom. He though it was so odd that he stopped and watched. Also Cory had a blood alcohol level of .045, but none was in her eye fluid, indicating that she died within half an hour of her last drink. (According to testimony). I still don't get the EMT's testimony. Curtis left at 8:15 am, was home at 8:40 and didn't check on Cory until 9:05. The EMTs arrived at 9:23. so even if Cory died right when Curtis left, the EMTs were there within just over an hour. At the very most. Even if the EMT moved her arms, rigor should not have set in as yet, so they would not have stayed mid air. 

I remember from when this was discussed when the first trial happened, and there was also a missing pillow. This was never brought up in this epi but I distinctly remember it from the first time it was discussed. You can also see on the bed that there is a pillow with a plaid case on it, but not a matching one. Not to say that it wasn't on the floor, but I do remember a missing pillow that was never accounted for. 

I think Curtis did kill Cory. I also think his daughter knows it, and that is why they are estranged still to this day. I think she gave the "I don't remember" testimony to protect her brothers. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Fatty liver disease does not cause sudden death as was mentioned on the show.

You have no idea how much of a comforting thought this is for me!   I spent a minute or two researching this phenomenon, and happily found little to support this theory.  ;-)

If I keel over tomorrow, it's from something else - I did not commit suicide, and my semi-fatty liver did not suddenly release an overdose of toxins into my body.  "Natural causes" or "bloody murder" are the ONLY alternatives.  ;-)  Since I am partnerless and reclusive, the chances of murder are greatly reduced.

• Love 7

I too am comforted by how common fatty liver is being as I have a mild case. I spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about it, probably because I watched my FIL die of liver cancer. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Also Cory had a blood alcohol level of .45, but none was in her eye fluid, indicating that she died within half an hour of her last drink. (According to testimony).

Holy cow! I didn't realize her blood alcohol was that high. Where did you hear this? I don't think they mentioned it on the show, but it makes a big difference. That blood alcohol alone was enough to kill her. I searched on internet and found information that anything over .40 can result in coma, respiratory failure and death.

Why wasn't this mentioned on the show? I wonder if they edited it out to make her death seem more of a mystery. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Holy cow! I didn't realize her blood alcohol was that high. Where did you hear this? I don't think they mentioned it on the show, but it makes a big difference. That blood alcohol alone was enough to kill her. I searched on internet and found information that anything over .40 can result in coma, respiratory failure and death.

Why wasn't this mentioned on the show? I wonder if they edited it out to make her death seem more of a mystery. 

Ooopppsss!! Sorry  - typo. Was .045. It wasn't on the show but in info I googled from the trial. But .045 not .45. Sorry again and thanks for catching - will go back and correct.

• Love 1

No, Cory wasn't legally drunk. (.08 here as well). I think the testimony was to show how recently she drank before she died, and the prosecution was likely pointing to her drinking the night before, rather than as early as 7:45 in the morning. I suppose that is possible that she did, but you would think if she was  getting up with the kids and feeling so ill that Curtis had to help her back to bed she would not have been drinking alcohol. But I guess the defense could counter than as an alcoholic, it wasn't unusual? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I was waiting to see a history of alcohol abuse, hospital stays, anything pointing to her having health problems related to her liver. Nothing.

I also wondered why someone who had "flu like symptoms"for several days but also apparently had poor health due to alcohol abuse would not have gone to a doctor to make sure there was not an underlying problem that needed medical attention. Or a loving husband would not have insisted that a sick spouse get checked out.......

• Love 3

Ok, so her blood alcohol was .045. It makes sense why it wasn't mentioned then, but any alcohol in her blood stream in the morning when she wasn't feeling well does seem to confirm that she had a drinking problem. As others have mentioned, I'm surprised she didn't have a history of medical issues related to alcoholism. Or perhaps she did and it was edited out?

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 9:26 AM, sinycalone said:

why didn't the D.A.'s office question the fact that the 2nd detective shopped around for a coroner/forensics expert who would agree with his view of the case.

I want to know why he was even looking at the case. Nothing about the original case file stood out and no one in her family were clamoring for a new investigation.

• Love 1
On 10/10/2017 at 11:49 AM, cooksdelight said:

That’s what convinced me he was guilty, @Madding crowd. She suddenly dies of liver failure? There would have been many doctor visits or a history to support it. I’m still going with arsenic poisoning.

I agree the sudden death was weird.  The only thing that led me to think he didn't do it was the kids and their recollection of that morning.  Since it was Valentine's Day, the kids would remember that morning.  They all had the same memory. So, unless he killed her after he came back home, which could be possible, most likely he didn't do it.  

• Love 1

I don't think he did it.  I think his daughter has an axe to grind.  She very well remembers she saw her mother but for whatever reason she wants her father to go down.  Probably so she could prove to her brothers that she was telling the truth.  The fact that the cops took the boys out of school and interviewed them without parental permission is a big big problem.  That detective went doctor shopping and wasn't careful with his investigations and so he needed people to back up his theory that he wouldn't let go of.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

More Rideout case updates.....some of the jurors were interviewed. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2017/10/12/rideout-jurors-discuss-verdict/757013001/

Sentencing is tomorrow....I will post update....unless everyone is sick of me!

I'm interested! 

I snickered when they said the older son wanted to be a Navy SEAL. I think it's generally expected for a SEAL to have cut the apron strings. 

18 hours ago, bubbls said:

I'm interested! 

I snickered when they said the older son wanted to be a Navy SEAL. I think it's generally expected for a SEAL to have cut the apron strings. 

Thanks Bubbls!

So I have been watching the sentencing...it has been over an hour and the attorneys are still speaking.  Craigs's sister spoke and I was surprised that she asked judge for maximum sentences for both boys.  Laura's lawyer just dropped a bombshell...says that 2 of her children were product of rape!  Dateline really effed up this case by airing it before this sentencing. After listening to all this I have a feeling that the convictions may get overturned on appeal because of them all being tried together.  The lawyers each made pretty good arguments I thought.  Alex's lawyer made a convincing argument (to me) that he be given minimum sentence.  None of them have spoken....Alex gave the judge a letter but did not speak.  Colin had a letter but conferred with his attorney and attorney said since the case is on appeal it is better he not speak.  Laura's lawyer speaking now, but since Colin didn't speak I doubt she will either.  The lawyers have brought up things that they said were not made admissible by the court.  Interesting stuff for sure. 

ETA....well the 90 min of talking was for nothing....judge gave Alex 1 1/3-4 yrs for each tampering count to run consecutively; Colin 25-life for murder and 1 1/3-4 yrs for tampering, all to run consecutively;  Laura 25-life for murder, and 15 yrs for burglary + 5 yrs post release monitoring, all to run consecutively.  They also all got fines?  Alex was $375 for dna (whatever that is for), Alex got $6000, and Laura I didn't hear her's.  I've never heard that, or I never paid attention before?  A lot of what Laura's lawyer said was stuff that was not part of the trial.  Kinda interesting.  I really think they will all get re-tried separately.  So I don't think this is over by a long shot.  I will post links to articles later....I am sure there will be many.

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 9

Thanks, Cupcake! I'll believe the rape story when they do genetic testing. Even if true it sure doesn't excuse murdering Craig. I'd have hated to be the jury trying to sort it all out. 

• Love 1