Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Ashley and Candiace discuss what led to the dissolution of their once burgeoning friendship; the husbands join and Chris confronts Gizelle about the accusations she made against him; Karen faces off against Charrisse and sets the record straight.

Airdate: 03.05.2023

• Like 1

Candiace's response to Wendy's measured criticism was very Gizelle-esque. Apparently, you can just say whatever when you don't like someone, no matter what larger implications there might be in the way you word and deliver your vitriol.  /s

• Like 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

So Mia lies all season, and then at the reunion we clear up all the lies. Got it. She can GO. So bravo asked Charisse to come on? WHY? It gave nothing. It's unfortunate that I did not enjoy Charisse at all this season because when I saw her daughter at the reunion I was excited because I always thought her daughter was so cute. So Charisse is lying too? Potomac is just ridiculous this season. Just coming on and saying anything for camera time. It's the oldest cast members doing this too. Sad. 

I glazed over during Robyn's segment. Triumphant season for her, that's funny Andy. Then they lower the boom. I was actually surprised he asked her about the CSU lawsuit. I'm even more surprised Robyn provided an answer, but they probably prepped her on a statement to say just in case she was asked. 

It doesn't matter who asked who to the room. Fact is when they got there and there was no one there Gizelle didn't say anything. I still maintain that Gizelle wasn't uncomfortable, she saw it as an opportunity to put it in her back pocket to get Candiace with it later. Had any other housewife besides Robyn gone into the room with Chris Gizelle would have jumped on that because that's how her mind works. Don't put that on him. Gizelle is spinning her wheels trying to explain this story. I'm glad Chris brought up all of Gizelle's comments about his penis. Gizelle saying that Chris was a sneaky link and trying to see if she was with it was horrible and for that I wouldn't accept her apology. I haven't heard Gizelle apologize much to someone she is genuinely having a feud with, so I know it's a big deal but she's going to have to sit there and take that smoke because she was wrong. Ashley needs to sit there and eat her food because she got off easy at this reunion because she definitely could have gotten it too. 

They put so much thought into this seating arrangement, there was no way to avoid one husband sitting along on one couch. Poor Eddie was on his side of the couch alone and the other three husbands are together on the other couch. I agree with Ray. This season was nasty and I'm disappointed with the ladies as well. 

Juan gets caught talking to someone inappropriately Robyn confronted him and Robyn "trusted that he was telling the truth". Send help. I thought that the original WWHL episode was tough, but Andy really did get after Robyn on that episode. It sucks that Juan was dragged into this??? He did this... The end of the episode was pretty abrupt. What a strange way to end out the season. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Like 10
  • Applause 8

I am so frustrated with the back and forth between Gizelle and Chris. Here are 2 people who've known each other 5 years, and suddenly Ashley and Gizelle come upon a new "storyline" just because Chris interacted with each of them, briefly. Gizelle attempted to make Chris look like a predator. Also, Gizelle threw us back into the dark ages by implying a woman needs a chaperone before inviting a man to talk.

Next thing you'll hear from Gizelle is how an acquaintance of hers was "rightfully" assaulted because she didn't have anyone with her! WTF is wrong with these women? Have they never had male friends?

• Like 21
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I was alone in my bedroom with two cable men yesterday.  We were laughing and joking while they were working. Boy, was I stupid.  Obviously they were coming on to me and I didn’t even realize it.  I better call their company tomorrow and complain about them.  They looked at me, laughed with me and even had the audacity to shake my hand.  Disgusting!

Edited by Axie
  • Like 4
  • LOL 19

Charisse and this Amazon Prime next day delivery ponytail wasted 10 minutes of my time and I want it back.

Gizelle is nasty piece of work and I think for once a read hit her in her gut. She was hurt. And boy do I agree that if Gizelle didn't look the way she did she would not get away with the shit she pulls. PERIODT.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Candiace should not have gone there, it didn’t help her “side”

Nothing would’ve helped Candiace’s side. That’s the point.  I find it funny the GEB + Ashley didn’t know what colorism was last week but when Candiace unleashed her fury on Gizelle all of a sudden they know what colorism is and it’s what Candiace is introducing to the group. 

Part of the fascination with GEB is because they are light skinned black women with green eyes. I doubt Gizelle would be the “face” of Potomac or allowed to get away with her antics if she had more ethnic “black” features and dark hair and dark eyes (or darker skin). The brown skinned cast members Charrisse & Katie were shown the door in Seasons 2 & 3 while fair skinned Robyn has sat there for 7 seasons with the same storyline or variants of it. 

Gizelle, Robyn & Ashley know they can pull a Karen on somebody where somebody like Wendy or Candiace can’t. Even tonight on social media people were calling for Candiace to get her ass beat for what she said but nobody was calling for Gizelle to get her ass beat. 

I really don’t care that Candiace said what she said. The majority of that cast thinks whatever Candiace does or says is wrong. Candiace could be quiet and she’d still be wrong.

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

Gizelle is nasty piece of work and I think for once a read hit her in her gut. She was hurt. And boy do I agree that if Gizelle didn't look the way she did she would not get away with the shit she pulls. PERIODT.

GEB + Ashley know their fair skin  curries favor with a lot of the viewing audience (on the flip side, a lot of viewers hate GEB+Ashley because of their light skin). They know they can do things and say things Candiace can’t, because many people have bias against darker skin.

Gizelle & Ashley felt because of Candiace’s unpopularity they could do and say whatever they want. But because the audience had seen Gizelle + Ashley conspire against Monique in S5 and Wendy in S6, the story they concocted against Chris in S7 just rang fake. 

I will say again, I don’t see a path forward with this current cast. The cast doesn’t see a current path forward in its current state either. That’s why GEB, Ashley, Mia & Charrisse put out that photo. They’re signaling to the producers THEY are the friend group —-Candiace, Wendy & Karen aren’t a part of the friendship circle (and need to be cut). 

• Like 8
  • Love 4

WTH does Giselle feel she’s entitled to a yes or no answer to a question like did you sleep with him/her?  The only time such an inquiry is merited is when talking to one’s spouse/significant other, minor child, or (heaven forfend) romantic rival.  So tired of Giz’s bullying and cruel shit stirring while refusing to share details of her own personal life. She’s long been an entitled asshole, but the attack on Chris’s marriage was beyond the pale, especially as it seemed just a planned distraction to help her pal Robyn avoid similar scrutiny.  It is way past time to get rid of Giz and pathetic, hypocritical Robyn, too.

Haven’t cared much for Candiace previously, but her refusal to accept an apology from Giselle was fully justified IMO.

• Like 15

Why did Chris go to Gizelles room in the first place? He was drunk and obviously annoyed with Gizelle. He was asking for trouble. Candiace and her little rant was disgusting and offensive. Can anyone remind her that she is married to a white man or is that not allowed? Was that her stupid song they played a clip of? Horrible singer. 
I agreed with Ray, the season was trash. 
Mia needs to go. She is one big lie. 
Robyn needs to go too. She is always defending Juan. 
Charisse added nothing.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

- Anyone who films with Mia next year is a fool. She will lie about anything. ANYTHING. If she's offered a flute next year to return, the best way to put her in the deep freeze is to not invite her to get-togethers and functions. The one thing she may have been truthful about is Gordon's erectile dysfunction as it relates to his illness. Meanwhile, I wonder if Gordon wanted the world to know about that. She's vile.

- I don't know why Bravo asked for Charrisse to return. She was not needed. Despite her reputation and friendships in real Potomac society, her vibe does not translate well to television, IMO. She's not charismatic nor does she have a storyline that people who are not her friends would be invested in. I will say that her push-up bra was working under that dress. Cha-Cha needs to wear that bra EVERY DAY. Good lift gives good life, girls!

- I never thought it would happen, but I'm happy for Robyn if she's happy to be remarried to Juan. She's had more than twenty-five years to deal with his seemingly sulky, sullen, simple ass. There's a lot of forgiveness and forward movement there, especially since Juan once called another woman the love of his life. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with, I guess. As far as Juan's supposed cheating goes, none of us are aware of the rules of Robyn and Juan's marriage. Mia and Ashley's marriages are/were more open than most marriages. Perhaps Robyn and Juan have a similar arrangement. Perhaps he'll drop a dime in a "hot mic" segment next year...

- If Wendy wants to remain on this show, she needs to try to make inroads to genuine friendships with Karen, Candiace, and Ashley. I get that she lives pretty far away from the others, but I can see that the distance isn't just geographical. The reason the other women are able to make amends and move forward is because they see each other outside of filming. This reminds me of my beloved Original Recipe New York cast. These women actually knew each other and hung together outside the show. That's why they could cuss each other out and then grind the night away ten minutes later. So much more fun to watch than constant anger and ten year old grudges. Oh, and I like what I've seen of Eddie.

- Gizelle got off easy. She will receive no death threats or messages about ass whoopings from social media creepers and way-too-invested viewers. As usual, this very basic chick will skate by, and no one can explain why. Gizelle brought Candiace's rage onto herself. I maintained that Candiace would never usually speak to Gizelle, Karen, or Robyn in that manner -- unless really pushed -- because she has major respect for those three. Gizelle has lost that respect. Unleash the hounds, Candiace. Since I can see that everything that glitters ain't gold, I won't be mad whenever she eats that sad woman up. I just wish she would learn how to use KAREN language to get her point across better. That will come with time. Took me a few years to get there. It may be less direct and some may accuse her of not "keeping it real," but I've discovered that speaking their language brings me better results.

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, eXiled said:

- I don't know why Bravo asked for Charrisse to return. She was not needed. Despite her reputation and friendships in real Potomac society, her vibe does not translate well to television, IMO. She's not charismatic nor does she have a storyline that people who are not her friends would be invested in. I will say that her push-up bra was working under that dress. Cha-Cha needs to wear that bra EVERY DAY. Good lift gives good life, girls!

Karen made a good point on WWHL yesterday. Who encouraged Bravo to ask Charisse to return??? In the beginning of the season the producers said they needed more drama. So Charisse, who everyone says has been around at events every season anyway, and her GEB friends said hey Charisse can bring some drama to activate Karen if you mic her up and make her a friend, so Bravo asked her to do it. I was a Charisse fan season 1, she has fallen off so hard. 

• Like 3

Candiace didn't "rant" regarding the insidious nature of Gizelle's intentional mission to destroy Chris's character by continuially stating that he *did* something. Did is an active verb which any person would reaonably interpret as someone actually "doing" something beyond merely being in a space. Harvey Weinstein *did* something. 

Of course I also have been in rooms with males with whom I have had platonic relationships - e.g. co-workers on business trips which that essentially was and never was in fear of something inappropriate happening just because we inhabited the same space in a room with an unlocked door FFS. This is like something out of a Victorian novel.

Also Candiace's point at the end is that when women like Gizelle essentially claim sexual harassment when none exists it delegitimizes reports of actual sexual harassment or worse. 

• Like 21
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Why did Chris go to Gizelles room in the first place? He was drunk and obviously annoyed with Gizelle. He was asking for trouble. 

It doesn’t matter if Chris was drunk or not (and last night was the first time in this whole saga Gizelle said he was drunk). It is GIZELLE’s responsibility to enforce her own boundaries. Gizelle could’ve easily said “No, we can talk right here in the hallway” or “No, glam’s not here so let’s talk elsewhere.”

Last night is also the first time we heard (from Chris) that Gizelle made herself comfortable, laid in the bed and had a robe on. How did she have the time to do that if she walked in the room, saw no one was there and got immediately uncomfortable?

Sounds to me Gizelle was trying to see if Chris was with it, he wasn’t, she concocted a story and told everyone but Candiace to cover her bases.

3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Can anyone remind her that she is married to a white man or is that not allowed?

Candiace being married to a white man has nothing to do the colorism she may or may not experience and pointing out she’s married to a white man is a lowkey admission that proximity to whiteness has its benefits.

2 hours ago, eXiled said:

I don't know why Bravo asked for Charrisse to return

Because production wanted Karen to be exposed (at the behest of GEB)

2 hours ago, eXiled said:

I just wish she would learn how to use KAREN language to get her point across better. That will come with time. Took me a few years to get there. It may be less direct and some may accuse her of not "keeping it real," but I've discovered that speaking their language brings me better results.

I think she’s been trying to, especially this season. But you could see the fury in Candiace building up as she rocked back & forth while Gizelle continued her “Who me? I don’t know what you’re talking about! You violated me! (But I won’t tell you exactly how you did)” Act with Chris. 

3 minutes ago, amarante said:

This is like something out of a Victorian novel.

That’s because to the Gizelle’s & Ashley’s of the world (and Mia), their main value is their beauty $ their sexual skills. So if a man is talking to me, he must want to have sex with me because the main reason men approach me is because I’m beautiful & he wants to have sex with me.

I wonder if Gizelle, Ashley or Mia have ever had platonic relationships with straight men who did not want them.

5 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Candace may get heated and say it in a hurtful way but EVERYTHING she said was correct.. 

Yes and I think the only reason she went there was because of Gizelle’s clueless act. Funny how most of the light skinned cast members who pretended not to know about colorism last week when Candiace was tactful but knew all about it last night when Candiace got into rat-tat-tat-tat mode.

Again, the lighter skinned cast members (-Karen, +Charrisse) put that photo/Tik Tok out to signal to producers they should be the cast for Season 8. Stay woke.

• Like 14
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
4 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

It doesn’t matter if Chris was drunk or not (and last night was the first time in this whole saga Gizelle said he was drunk). It is GIZELLE’s responsibility to enforce her own boundaries. Gizelle could’ve easily said “No, we can talk right here in the hallway” or “No, glam’s not here so let’s talk elsewhere.”

All of this.. it was Giselles responsibility to say hey you know what I thought others would be in here let’s stand outside. Chris isn’t a mind reader and making it HIS responsibility for what SHE had control over is mind boggling 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
9 hours ago, Boofish said:

Charisse and this Amazon Prime next day delivery ponytail wasted 10 minutes of my time and I want it back.

Damn You @Boofish for making me laugh so hard at work.

Stephen Curry Lol GIF by NBA

7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Nothing would’ve helped Candiace’s side. That’s the point.  I find it funny the GEB + Ashley didn’t know what colorism was last week but when Candiace unleashed her fury on Gizelle all of a sudden they know what colorism is and it’s what Candiace is introducing to the group. 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

So Charisse, who everyone says has been around at events every season anyway, and her GEB friends said hey Charisse can bring some drama to activate Karen if you mic her up and make her a friend, so Bravo asked her to do it.

This is a good reminder that producers are behind all of the storylines. The cast isn't running around dreaming up storylines alone and unapproved and running amuck during production. They work steadily with their assigned producers to shape the footage. Note Candiace ran crying to her producer during a kerfuffle about Chris; the producer was standing nearby and Candiace knew production was responsible for what was happening in that scene. She said "I see what you are doing" and cut it off.

So a big part of the blame for the trash (as Ray rightfully characterizes it) is Bravo. Part of Candiace's and Chris' anger is not being able to manipulate production in their favor. I suspect a producer told Gizelle to invite Chris to her room. But they can't say that.

Production weaponizes these women and points them at each other, complete with ammunition such as set-ups, social media gossip, and knowledge of the women's reactive personalities. Production knows how to set Candiace's rage off. Wendy and Eddie knew how to deflect it and stopped the Eddie machinations in their tracks.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 9

The way Mia, Gizelle, Charisse and Karen casually admitted they got heated and lied and everyone shrugged their shoulders and kept moving vs. Candiace going full on Jack Nicholson to Gizelle and everyone shocked and telling her she was wrong is .. say it with me class 📢The Colorism she keeps trying to get them to acknowledge

• Like 14
  • Applause 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I totally agree. I didn’t actually make complete sentences with my incomplete thoughts (I’m blaming my horrible allergies but it was probably the wine)…

I think what Giselle did was repugnant, inexcusable, horrific, damaging and shitty and I would have also told her to shove her apology up her ass.

The previews were misleading on Chris’ anger. He was angry and yelling in that one piece when he got his point out (I would have been worse) but then he calmed down. He’s a better person than me because he accepted Giselle’s “apology”.

Like others, I am tired of the double standard that Candiace says vile things but looks over the vile things said about the other housewives.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 11

Is Wendy making money with her businesses? Because when she talked about showing each other their "coochies," I was, like, WTAF? Are these moves she will later regret? Does she hate teaching that much?

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
6 minutes ago, politichick said:

Is Wendy making money with her businesses? Because when she talked about showing each other their "coochies," I was, like, WTAF? Are these moves she will later regret? Does she hate teaching that much?

Yeah that was tacky and uncomfortable. Wendy really needs to decide which life is more important to her. This woman just left the White House and now she is sitting on a Bravo couch proud to have the prettiest "coochie." She is trying way to hard to fit in.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, politichick said:

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

Yeah that was tacky and uncomfortable. Wendy really needs to decide which life is more important to her. This woman just left the White House and now she is sitting on a Bravo couch proud to have the prettiest "coochie." She is trying way to hard to fit in.

Wendy trying to be cool and sassy is always cringe. She's just not that girl.

She is smart and polished. I wish she would show more of that side of her personality.

Watching grown-ass women giggle about their coochies was really sad.

These shows have lost whatever little cool factor they originally possessed. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm completely on Chris's side in this issue with Gizelle. I usually like Gizelle, but she's trying to blame Chris for her own feelings. It doesn't sound like he is proactively DID anything to her.

Example: If I feel uncomfortable being in a hotel room with a married man, that's my issue. It doesn't mean the married man is at fault or has actually "done" anything specific to me. 

The message that Gizelle is sending is that anytime she feels a certain way, it's the other person's fault 100% of the time. 

Edited by gwen747
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, qtpye said:

These shows have lost whatever little cool factor they originally possessed. 

I miss the days of the arched eyebrow and subtle shade. These women need to take note of how Ru Paul's drag queens do it.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, politichick said:

Does Johns Hopkins want an adjunct professor who shows her lady bits to her TV co-workers then talks about it and how she has the prettiest (a beauty contest for coochies?), one in all the land? Now her students know.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

What in the bluedilly hell is a ‘pretty coochie’?!  Ladies, we’ve all got ‘em and they look the same….never trust a furry face with a smile!  The fact that grown women find it fun to flash each other, well, it says a lot about their character.

Charrisse, I don’t give a creamed corn gotdamn that you have Potomac contacts, ain’t nobody looking to see your ample rump and sleepy-eyed Muppet face on our screens.  Damn you Bravo, stop this foolishness and bring back Katie!

Robyn – If I were Bravo I’d be like this:  We’re glad you finally got your happily ever after with Juan; that said, we will not be extending any invitations  to you for future seasons.  From the reunion to the WWHL interview with a pissed off Andy, if she returns next year I will be pissed.  Take notes….see how Ray, Chris G. and Eddie were supporting their wives?  That’s how Juan should be.  Dumbass!!

Gizzard deserved the dress down from Candiace and I wish Chris hadn’t accepted her ‘apology’.

I felt for G. when he broke down at potentially losing his liar of a wife.

I wish Karen would dress like she did on WWHL on the show, she looks younger and sexier than that Madame crap she was wearing at the reunion.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

What in the bluedilly hell is a ‘pretty coochie’?!  Ladies, we’ve all got ‘em and they look the same….never trust a furry face with a smile!  The fact that grown women find it fun to flash each other, well, it says a lot about their character.

Charrisse, I don’t give a creamed corn gotdamn that you have Potomac contacts, ain’t nobody looking to see your ample rump and sleepy-eyed Muppet face on our screens.  Damn you Bravo, stop this foolishness and bring back Katie!

Robyn – If I were Bravo I’d be like this:  We’re glad you finally got your happily ever after with Juan; that said, we will not be extending any invitations  to you for future seasons.  From the reunion to the WWHL interview with a pissed off Andy, if she returns next year I will be pissed.  Take notes….see how Ray, Chris G. and Eddie were supporting their wives?  That’s how Juan should be.  Dumbass!!

Gizzard deserved the dress down from Candiace and I wish Chris hadn’t accepted her ‘apology’.

I felt for G. when he broke down at potentially losing his liar of a wife.

I wish Karen would dress like she did on WWHL on the show, she looks younger and sexier than that Madame crap she was wearing at the reunion.

Bluedilly?? I love that, so folksy!

Am I naive for being a tad shocked at the fact that so few of those women wear panties? Am I old fashioned for thinking, "EWWWW?" In this day and age there are undergarments made for every fashion situation, no reason to go without some vital undergarment.

I agree with you @Yogisbooboo64, Robyn is not really needed back on our TV next season (or those after), she was not value added this season, all the good stuff was off camera and Juan is a barely there husband when the other husbands show up.

Gizelle can pack her bags and go too.

Charrisse has a talent for being in the room while not being in the room, the season would have been the same without her. 

All the reunion dresses sucked, why do these women always forget they have to sit in their dresses? La Dame's bodice was heading for her shoulders, the slits in the dresses were trying to show off everyone's coochies and that showgirl dress with the wing on the fron Two Wick Wendy was sporting was getting very close to becoming an eye patch.

I wish they had brought Ashley's Muppet friend on the reunion, that would have been fun.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Kern's saggy tittie cleavage and ill-fitting netting have become her reunion outfit standard...dumpy ladame glam

Charisse's synthetic I dream of weenie clip on ponytail and granny panty revealing dress gave me formal night on a low budget cruise vibes. Gizzy was at the captain's table with her.

Candyass took it too far with the white passing comment. Gizzy's pearl clutching, I do declare I'd never be alone with a married man BS is ridiculous and laughable...don't give it merit by saying people believe her, for any reason.

Come on Robyn, we all know wanderin Juan Dicks-in wasn't about to sign a prenuptial with a fidelity clause. Uh, yeah, left her credit card at the casino...guess she only has that one and couldn't go back for it (maybe the ATM ate it?), like most of us needing a loan, instead of contacting parents, siblings, friends...chick made the logical choice to ask some dude she's never actually met. Juan's lies are just too clever for Robyn to not believe.

So sex God Grodin has ED? Mia is so full of lies and exaggerations her balloon implants are gonna pop.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Does Johns Hopkins want an adjunct professor who shows her lady bits to her TV co-workers then talks about it and how she has the prettiest (a beauty contest for coochies?), one in all the land? Now her students know.

Well hell, Coppin State has a head coach that will do laundry with you.

1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Damn you Bravo, stop this foolishness and bring back Katie!

Katie has no business being on this show as anything other than an extra in a party scene. She needs to get herself together.  I like Katie and I think bringing her back would reset the show because she gives no Fs about the GEBs or Ashley but for her personal growth and development, she needs to not be on this show.

31 minutes ago, J80134 said:

So sex God Grodin has ED? Mia is so full of lies and exaggerations her balloon implants are gonna pop.

If Mia weren't a known liar, this would be a good storyline. How do you express that intimacy with your partner if they are unable to, whether it's for age or medical reasons? This could be what's going on with Karen & Ray as well. Mia had potential but she lies too much so you never know if the story is real.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Ok, I am no fan of Candiace. Not even a little. But as a white woman of a certain age (59! And, sidebar, Karen is the only black woman my age I have ever seen that looks waaayyyyyy older than me), Candiace was absofuckinglutely right about these lighter-skinned women’s privilege. I had many black gfs when I lived in Atlanta that spoke to this. Unclutch your pearls ladies.

Andy is a ghoul.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I guess I’m the only one who thought Candiace was full of shit and just mad that someone she thought was a friend, turned on her and her husband. 
And sorry but he should have let his mouthy little wife handle Gizelle. There was no reason for his drunk ass to go chat with her, 

• Like 3
(edited)

A few more thoughts.

I wish the show went back to its original premise - e.g. having dignified WOC who travelled in the elite upper class world of Jack & Jill. Instead the show has sunk to lowest common denominators by casting lying strippers like Mia. 

Mia's life style isn't even aspirational. I find Karen's pretensions of La Grand Dame of Potomac to be funny - especially in the first season when she was all about the etiquette. She wasn't born into the elite class of Jack & Jill but at least when she got there, she comported herself with a certain grace and dignity for the most part.

Robyn really showed her awful colors this season. I really had no particular problem with whatever her relationship with was with Juan. If she was fine with living with essentially a friend with benefits who wasn't exclusive but was the father of her children, who cares if it worked for her. But then to monetize it after the reunion has been shot ad make lame excuses thst sue didn’t have to talk about it because it didn’t happen during the shooting. I can’t imagine the producers aren’t going to punish her in some way for this becaus3 it sets an awful precedent. It is as bad as not showing up for the reunion which has gotten housewives fired  

Gizelle exposed her hypocrisy completely when she justified condemning Monique's attack but not Mia's attack on Wendy by baldy stating - WITHOUT SHAME - that she was justified because she didn't *like* Wendy. Who does that? I understand one might have petty thoughts about someone you don't like but who states on national television that the reason you acted as a hypocrite was because you WERE a hypocrite.

I also think it is very sad that Gizelle, Ashley and Mia have had such negative experiences with men that it is impossible for them to conceive that they can inhabit the same space with a man and not have a sexual experience. While there are documented benefits of being beautiful (as well as being fair skinned in the specific world of POC) it must be emotionally exhausting to think in one's deepest heart that one's value is only as a sexual creature because any man who comes within six feet of you given the opportunity is going to lust for you and possibly even attempt to seduce you or worse.

Edited by amarante
  • Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

This is a good reminder that producers are behind all of the storylines. The cast isn't running around dreaming up storylines alone and unapproved and running amuck during production. They work steadily with their assigned producers to shape the footage. Note Candiace ran crying to her producer during a kerfuffle about Chris; the producer was standing nearby and Candiace knew production was responsible for what was happening in that scene. She said "I see what you are doing" and cut it off.

So a big part of the blame for the trash (as Ray rightfully characterizes it) is Bravo. Part of Candiace's and Chris' anger is not being able to manipulate production in their favor. I suspect a producer told Gizelle to invite Chris to her room. But they can't say that.

Production weaponizes these women and points them at each other, complete with ammunition such as set-ups, social media gossip, and knowledge of the women's reactive personalities. Production knows how to set Candiace's rage off. Wendy and Eddie knew how to deflect it and stopped the Eddie machinations in their tracks.

For sure. The ladies have to go with the story too and see it through. Like that one instance where Cynthia on rhoa supposedly allegedly whispered to Mike that she was supposed to act like she didn't know Kenya was coming to a party where Nene was also attending. Then the supposed hot mic moment. Cynthia didn't say that, there was no indication she did, you couldn't see her mouth moving, and Mike's reaction didn't match. Cynthia had to go with the narrative even though it was false. I wonder if a producer encouraged Gizelle to say that Chris was a sneaky link and wanted to see if she was with it. Gizelle is somewhat of a ghost producer, so that may have been all her. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The problem with Ashley, Mia and Gizelle isn't that "oh my God they are so beautiful" the problem is the 3 of them know that is ALL they have to offer so they assume that is why any man would engage with them. None of them come across as funny, smart, kind, empathetic, sweet, welcoming .. just pick a nice adjective. So what else could he possibly want? Her take on the collapse of the middle class in the economy after the pandemic. Her advice on which Roth IRA is the smartest investment for someone with a fluctuating income? He couldn't possibly just want TALK .. oh no she's way to beautiful 🙄

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1

I just noticed that the description says that "Ashley and Candiace discuss what led to the dissolution of their once burgeoning friendship". Did that actually happen last night? I don't think so. Maybe that's what they cut out to give us more of the Robyn situation. 

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, Boofish said:

The problem with Ashley, Mia and Gizelle isn't that "oh my God they are so beautiful" the problem is the 3 of them know that is ALL they have to offer so they assume that is why any man would engage with them.

Mia knows the deal, which is why she told Ashley the tricks you played to get the man are the tricks you have to play to keep the man. Ray tried to tell Gizelle what the deal is and that's why Ashley ran to get some basketballs bolted onto her chest to either trap her next mark or to entice Michael to stay.

21 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Chris is a drinker and I think Gizelle was within reason to feel uncomfortable if a drunk and irritated man wants to chat.

Then she shouldn't have invited him to her room.

Gizelle wanted Chris & Candiace held responsible and punished for Gizelle's feelings and refusal to enforce her own boundaries. Chris can't be held responsible for how Gizelle feels, he can only be responsible for what he does.   Gizelle felt that because she "felt" a certain way, Chris was guilty, wrong and needed to be punished for how she "felt."

Now, Gizelle & Candiace will be on "Girls Trip."  Heather from Salt Lake City has come out and said she "felt" intimidated by GIzelle, Candiace and Porsha when she learned they were also on the cast.  Should Gizelle, Candiace & Porsha apologize to Heather because she felt intimidated?  Should Gizelle, Candiace & Porsha have been removed from the cast when it was learned Heather felt intimidated by them? No, because Heather feeling uncomfortable & intimidated by them when they didn't do anything to Heather is not Gizelle, Candiace or Porsha's responsibility or fault.

Gizelle projecting her feelings of being cheated on to Chris and Candiace is something she needs to work through. Funny how she didn't have these concerns with Juan and Robyn and he was actively paying for hotel rooms at Maryland Live! for Canadian jump offs.

14 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I just noticed that the description says that "Ashley and Candiace discuss what led to the dissolution of their once burgeoning friendship". Did that actually happen last night? I don't think so. Maybe that's what they cut out to give us more of the Robyn situation. 

But they didn't give us more of the Robyn situation because it had been claimed the last 30 minutes was supposed to be the unaired footage from the sitdown at WWHL. The Robyn portion of the show was only the last 7 minutes and was a rehash of Robyn stammering and making excuses and Eboni K Williams giving her the side eye like "Girl why you lyin'?"

• Like 13
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

But they didn't give us more of the Robyn situation because it had been claimed the last 30 minutes was supposed to be the unaired footage from the sitdown at WWHL. The Robyn portion of the show was only the last 7 minutes and was a rehash of Robyn stammering and making excuses and Eboni K Williams giving her the side eye like "Girl why you lyin'?"

Also. a lot of the Juan stuff wasn't made public until after the reunion was filmed.  So Robyn didn't bring it up because she thought Karen would?  What a lame excuse.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Also. a lot of the Juan stuff wasn't made public until after the reunion was filmed.  So Robyn didn't bring it up because she thought Karen would?  What a lame excuse.  

Robyn is nothing if not full of excuses. I'm really sick of her shit. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Robyn is nothing if not full of excuses. I'm really sick of her shit. 

When they showed the unaired Andy interview footage I was expecting to see the recent picture of him at the laundry. I forgot this was before that and just be hotel room bs. I did lol at Ebonis faces as Robyn made excuses.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

All the reunion dresses sucked, why do these women always forget they have to sit in their dresses? La Dame's bodice was heading for her shoulders, the slits in the dresses were trying to show off everyone's coochies and that showgirl dress with the wing on the fron Two Wick Wendy was sporting was getting very close to becoming an eye patch.

Ashley's dress looked like it was made of old Christmas tree tinsel that had been gathering dust in the basement.

Looking at her made MY breasts itchy.

Robyn's dress looked like an unconventional materials challenge from the old Project Runway and they were somehow able to incorporate Ashley's leftover Christmas tinsel.  Her bodice was stiff like poster board.

Robyn looked great but her dress was bizarrely cheap and stiff looking.

Santa Hat Christmas GIF by Worcester Warriors

18 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Well hell, Coppin State has a head coach that will do laundry with you.

I am dead. This was hilarious.

13 hours ago, amarante said:

I also think it is very sad that Gizelle, Ashley and Mia have had such negative experiences with men that it is impossible for them to conceive that they can inhabit the same space with a man and not have a sexual experience. While there are documented benefits of being beautiful (as well as being fair skinned in the specific world of POC) it must be emotionally exhausting to think in one's deepest heart that one's value is only as a sexual creature because any man who comes within six feet of you given the opportunity is going to lust for you and possibly even attempt to seduce you or worse.

12 hours ago, Boofish said:

The problem with Ashley, Mia and Gizelle isn't that "oh my God they are so beautiful" the problem is the 3 of them know that is ALL they have to offer so they assume that is why any man would engage with them. None of them come across as funny, smart, kind, empathetic, sweet, welcoming .. just pick a nice adjective. So what else could he possibly want? Her take on the collapse of the middle class in the economy after the pandemic. Her advice on which Roth IRA is the smartest investment for someone with a fluctuating income? He couldn't possibly just want TALK .. oh no she's way to beautiful 🙄

I think Ashley, Gizelle, and Mia believe that men who desire African American or black women will always put them at the top of the desirability pyramid. There is a mindset that if he likes her then he must love me because I'm lighter and brighter.

That being said, there are many light-skinned and mixed-race women who do not walk around like their shit doesn't stink and are perfectly nice people.

Unfortunately, Mia, Gizzy, and Ashley have cultivated nothing interesting about themselves beyond their looks and their looks are not enough to make up for their nasty lying personalities.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Ashley's dress looked like it was made of old Christmas tree tinsel that had been gathering dust in the basement.

I knew it looked familiar. I was trying to figure out where I saw it before.

• LOL 7