Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Spilled Milk

• Start Topic

Regina and Rome face challenges living with Walter, while Eddie cautiously navigates his friendship with Nicole. Gary reunites with a relative who provides a new perspective on the past.

Original airdate 3/22/23

Did I hear that correctly? "It wasn't your fault" that dad was hit by a car. Why TF would you even say that? And to a four-year-old..

How much time has passed? I can't guess from the baby because we know how this show is with aging small children. Javier could be two by now for all we know. Though Charlie seems to have caught up, at least.

Aw, scrunched up tiny baby. I love it when they do that. 👶🏻

Councilwoman totally disappearing as soon as the news guy leaves.

OMG, I had almost forgotten Theo's obsession with glitter. 

So are Eddie and what's-her-name gonna get together...they're awfully flirty.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

So are Eddie and what's-her-name gonna get together...they're awfully flirty.

I can't decide what is more inappropriate. Eddie hooking up with his professor like people were speculating a couple weeks back, or him hooking up with the woman who paralyzed him. There's always going to be a weird power struggle if that happens. It does seem to be what they are hinting at though.

I thought Theo was going to see her car and somehow remember it fit the description of the driver that hit Eddie.

8 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

How much time has passed? I can't guess from the baby because we know how this show is with aging small children. Javier could be two by now for all we know. Though Charlie seems to have caught up, at least.

Somehow enough that Eddie worked out a custody plan for Charlie to live with him part time? I thought I missed an episode for a second.

It doesn't seem right for Charlie to be 4. I know it was 4 seasons ago, but not all seasons have been real time. 

Was Gina really shocked to learn that politician didn't really care about helping people and just wanted good press? I mean, she's the one that called the press. 

I get Rome wanting to play along with his dad, but he also has a responsibility to not leave a classroom full of kids he's supposed to be in charge of. Obviously a rough situation though. Why did they start leaving him alone again?

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Like 9

I wish somebody would tell Theo to shut up or get his rude ass back out in the van. I can’t stand that kid. 

“I know you gave me your number for emergencies only, but I’m watching TV.”

Jesus, Gina. Idk what’s dumber. You being shocked that a politician lied or you not being mature enough to handle having an elected official’s phone number. 

So Eddie isn’t gonna bang the bitchy professor. He’s gonna bang the woman who paralyzed him. Because nothing turns a man on like hitting him with your car. 

Edited by JayDub1987
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

When Theo isn't the worst art of an episode, things are really south.

So, are we assuming the mother of the century just put her 4 year old daughter on a plane by herself from Paris to Boston? Because that's what I'm going with. But, Charlie is a cutie.

Holy crap, Gina is dumb. Why would she think that this "Free Food Friday" would be an ongoing thing? I hate politicians, but I'm going "This would be way too expensive to maintain like this." I mean, if Gina is able to convince some other food truck owners to do the same thing on Fridays for a while, more power to them. It's a good cause, and I wish them well. But it's not sustainable for a city to do this every Friday. 

But, yeah, what a ringing endorsement the councilwoman got from Gina. That's the only thing that mattered, and I knew it from the get-go.

While the conversation Maggie and her new bff ended up having was touching, I was trying to do something else--anything else--during their scenes. No wander they're friends--they can be really annoying together. 

I don't have much to say about the Eddie/what's her name. Except she's right. She does owe him. Good grief, he got the driver tht paralyzed him an apartment! Yeah, she owes him big time.

Rome? I don't have much else to say about that.

You know, Gary could go back to Javier if he really wanted to. Might be confusing with baby Javi, but he could

Forgive any typos I may have made. Doing this without my glasses.

• Like 7
51 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I thought Theo was going to see her car and somehow remember it fit the description of the driver that hit Eddie.

I just wanted to scream at Eddie: "It is okay to tell your child that he's being rude with his questions and not everything is his business!"  For example, that Nicole is in the place Eddie leased because she was escaping from an abusive marriage is not actually Theo's business.  Remember that you are the adult in your relationship with your son.

I also am deeply confused about how Rome and Gina thought things were going to work with Walter when they moved him in.  If the issue before he moved in was that he needed regular supervision, why did they think it would be okay to leave him alone in their apartment during the day?  Why can't they sit down with Walter and explain his options to him, i.e. either he has an aide with him during the day, or that they will have to look at a potential placement in long term care?  I get the first attempt at an aide did not work, but they really gave up on that option pretty quickly and seem to have almost forgotten entirely about it.

Finally, Gary, your aunt estranged herself from you and your father for what, three or so decades, because she didn't agree with a parenting choice your father made that really was never her business.  That's not normal behavior.  I would be very wary of having her around your kid.      

• Like 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, historylover820 said:

Holy crap, Gina is dumb. Why would she think that this "Free Food Friday" would be an ongoing thing? I hate politicians, but I'm going "This would be way too expensive to maintain like this." I mean, if Gina is able to convince some other food truck owners to do the same thing on Fridays for a while, more power to them. It's a good cause, and I wish them well. But it's not sustainable for a city to do this every Friday. 

But, yeah, what a ringing endorsement the councilwoman got from Gina. That's the only thing that mattered, and I knew it from the get-go.

I'm falling out of love with Regina and it's making me sad. Could she be any more naive? However, it's clear she's going into politics now, somehow get elected and then run the entire city into the ground just like her food businesses. Le Sigh.

1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

I just wanted to scream at Eddie: "It is okay to tell your child that he's being rude with his questions and not everything is his business!"  For example, that Nicole is in the place Eddie leased because she was escaping from an abusive marriage is not actually Theo's business.  Remember that you are the adult in your relationship with your son.

Yeah, that was really rough to watch.  Growing up in a Black household in the 1960s, the first "how do you know each other" question would have been met with "go outside and play. This is grown folks' business, not yours."

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I give this show credit for the conversation between Maggie and her friend about Maggie’s inability to breastfeed. That’s an issue that comes up for post-mastectomy new moms but I rarely hear about it. 

Theo: “dad, how do you two know each other?”

Eddie: “she works at my school now, helped me get into a class and we became friends.” 

See, Eddie? It’s really that simple. No need to hem and haw and “um… uh… well T….” and make it awkwarder than it already is. 

• Like 17
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Finally, Gary, your aunt estranged herself from you and your father for what, three or so decades, because she didn't agree with a parenting choice your father made that really was never her business.  That's not normal behavior.  I would be very wary of having her around your kid.      

I don't know, maybe it wasn't strictly speaking her business, but plenty of families end up estranged from each other for what outsiders may see as unfathomable reasons - a Catholic marrying a non-Catholic; a child raised in a strictly Orthodox Jewish household abandoning the practices (families are known to "sit shiva", i.e. practice the traditional mourning practices of Orthodox Judaism, because their child is leading a secular life.*)  A Hindu boy marrying Moslem girl can cause terrible strife within the families.  Inez said she regrets her actions, but at the time, she perceived her nephew as rejecting their heritage and culture, with the complicit support of her brother.  On a personal level, my very conservative grandfather stopped all communication with me when I moved in with my boyfriend.

*In the novel My Name is Asher Lev, Asher, an artist, is excommunicated from his (Jewish) community because he paints crucifixes.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, historylover820 said:

Charlie is a cutie.

Sorry, I thought she was horrid, but that may be because I was bothered by her perfect American accent.  Even if Delilah spoke to her exclusively in English (unlikely), she'd end up with Delilah's bizarro accent.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Theo and his deep voice! 😱

Charlie magically comes to visit daddy and already enrolled at a nearby kindy? Well planned.

Instead of introducing Inez in the final season, why can’t the show bring back some existing characters like Gary’s mom (Alice) or Maggie’s parents (Eugene & Patricia). It’ll be more meaningful to have them meeting their grandson than revisiting a story on Gary’s identity crisis.

Baby Javier is such a cutie. He has grandpa Javier’s eyes… 

D4836E1E-556B-4EB6-B270-BB38ED907BA3.jpeg

• Like 8
2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Theo and his deep voice! 😱

Charlie magically comes to visit daddy and already enrolled at a nearby kindy? Well planned.

Instead of introducing Inez in the final season, why can’t the show bring back some existing characters like Gary’s mom (Alice) or Maggie’s parents (Eugene & Patricia). It’ll be more meaningful to have them meeting their grandson than revisiting a story on Gary’s identity crisis.

Baby Javier is such a cutie. He has grandpa Javier’s eyes… 

D4836E1E-556B-4EB6-B270-BB38ED907BA3.jpeg

He really does! I said aloud to nobody, omg that baby looks just like Paul Rodriguez

• Like 6

Someone needs to introduce that adorable baby to Allison Miller so that it seems like he knows his mother. Enjoying the Javi storyline - wish they hadn’t offed grandpa so we could see him with Baby Javi and reunited with his sister.

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 5

I wish there had been some explanation about Charlie suddenly being with Eddie. I was sure I missed some scenes or a full episode. 

Gina gives away a LOT of food. Does she ever sell any? Or is her food truck strictly a charity? (There actually is a nonprofit food truck in my town, but they sell food and donate the proceeds.)

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

I wish somebody would tell Theo to shut up or get his rude ass back out in the van. I can’t stand that kid. 

10 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I also am deeply confused about how Rome and Gina thought things were going to work with Walter when they moved him in.  If the issue before he moved in was that he needed regular supervision, why did they think it would be okay to leave him alone in their apartment during the day?  Why can't they sit down with Walter and explain his options to him, i.e. either he has an aide with him during the day, or that they will have to look at a potential placement in long term care?  I get the first attempt at an aide did not work, but they really gave up on that option pretty quickly and seem to have almost forgotten entirely about it.   

Theo needed to be shut down and to be told that it is rude to interrogate people.  I can't stand the little creep either.  He ruins every scene he's in. He is just obnoxious.

I didn't know why Rome  and Gina thought having Walter with them was going to work out any better than staying in his house.  The issue still is that he has to be watched every minute.

4 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Why don't they even mention Maggie's parents?  Unless there has been an event that estranged them, they would be there to at least meet baby Javier.  I've completely forgotten everything about Gary's mother.

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

I wish there had been some explanation about Charlie suddenly being with Eddie. I was sure I missed some scenes or a full episode. 

I'm with you.  It was odd that the kid was just there, given last week ended without Delilah and Eddie being able to have the discussion about Eddie wanting to see his kid. 

55 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

Gina gives away a LOT of food. Does she ever sell any? Or is her food truck strictly a charity? (There actually is a nonprofit food truck in my town, but they sell food and donate the proceeds.)

Gina's business plan appears to be to see how quickly she can file for bankruptcy.

5 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Instead of introducing Inez in the final season, why can’t the show bring back some existing characters like Gary’s mom (Alice)

I know Marcia Gay Harden has a show on CBS, so she probably is not available.  Not sure why Bloom's parents haven't come in yet.  Maybe the show doesn't have the budget to bring them back. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, historylover820 said:

You know, Gary could go back to Javier if he really wanted to. Might be confusing with baby Javi, but he could

I mean, no more confusing than any other family that names their kid after a parent (I'm named after my mom; I'm "Little ams" and she's "Big ams"...never mind that I haven't been littler than her since I was about 12 - I'm just about exactly average height for a white American woman (so not particularly tall) and I can stand next to her and look clear over her head 😛).

I don't have any particular strong ties to any cultural heritage (Irish/German/Sicilian mutt who has to go back at least three generations to get to direct ancestors in any of those countries, none of whom I personally knew), so maybe I just don't get it, but estranging yourself from your (apparently) only family because your brother allows his son to choose how he wants to present himself to the world seems like a tad of an overreaction. 

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 1
42 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I didn't know why Rome  and Gina thought having Walter with them was going to work out any better than staying in his house.  The issue still is that he has to be watched every minute.

What?! You mean moving a dementia patient into your home and then leaving him there alone all friggin' day isn't the right choice? I bet the next thing you're going to tell me is that you shouldn't leave your effing car keys on the counter when you leave said dementia patient home alone all day. 

No wonder John jumped off the balcony, he probably didn't want to have to deal with this codependent hoard of morons anymore. 

Speaking of this codependent conglomerate of braindead people, how couldn't Eddie get one of them to watch his kid for a few hours? These people legitimately do everything short of wiping one another's ass, and the only person he could send his kid with for the day was the woman who hit him with a car? I'd really let her drive my kid around. She's obviously great behind the wheel.

• Like 3
  • LOL 13
10 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Yeah, that was really rough to watch.  Growing up in a Black household in the 1960s, the first "how do you know each other" question would have been met with "go outside and play. This is grown folks' business, not yours."

That was exactly my reaction. "Child this isn't your business." I understood his confusion about the apartment. After all he went to look at it with Eddie so it makes sense that his reaction was "Dafuq?" But these adults let him run roughshod over them and set the tone of the conversation.

It's amazing to me how they continue to treat Theo like a baby even as we're listening to his voice change.

8 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

I give this show credit for the conversation between Maggie and her friend about Maggie’s inability to breastfeed. That’s an issue that comes up for post-mastectomy new moms but I rarely hear about it. 

Same. That was a good scene.

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

... so maybe I just don't get it, but estranging yourself from your (apparently) only family because your brother allows his son to choose how he wants to present himself to the world seems like a tad of an overreaction. 

I get the Tia Inez situation.  I'm not of Mexican descent, but my husband is.  His family has strong connections to their Mexican heritage.  I got the best mother-in-law anyone could ask for.   She treated me like a cherished family member from the get-go, so I have no complaints about how I was treated.  But her birth family is in constant turmoil over the seemingly smallest things--as well as some big ones.  She had six siblings and lots of nieces and nephews.  You need a score card to keep up with who isn't speaking to whom at any given time.  And hold a grudge?  She has siblings who haven't spoken to each other in decades.  Laws, I've never seen the like within a family.  ex:  For 30 years, mom harbored a simmering rage for a sister-in-law who referred to one of mom's grandkids as a bastard--the born out of wedlock kind (which he was).  So I understand that this kind of estrangement happens, but I don't really understand the depth of emotions that causes it.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, Leeds said:

Sorry, I thought she was horrid, but that may be because I was bothered by her perfect American accent.  Even if Delilah spoke to her exclusively in English (unlikely), she'd end up with Delilah's bizarro accent.

You know, I'm watching Picard, and Picard has a son through Beverly Crusher that he never knew about. The son has an inexplicable British accent. 

Obviously, it's because the actor is British, but it's so WTF that it actually had to be addressed with a few lines about how the son spent a year of schooling in London and has never shaken the accent, and then Crusher said, "Maybe it's in the DNA."

So, maybe Eddie's American accent is in Charlie's DNA. :P

(Obviously, I'm joking, and I noticed Charlie has an inexplicable American accent. But there's so many other things that annoy me about the happenings in this show that I overlooked it).

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I can tell that Gina and Rome need to have the “it’s time for a facility” talk with Romes dad AFTER he (dad) recognizes that he’s had “an episode,” like the “aha moment” he had in the car after he drove him and Rome to the wrong house. Introduce it when he realizes he needs help/more support. Will Gina and Rome do this next episode? I doubt it. They’ll introduce the topic after he’s been really lucid and then wonder why on earth he’s mad and doesn’t want to go. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
10 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

So, maybe Eddie's American accent is in Charlie's DNA. :P

(Obviously, I'm joking, and I noticed Charlie has an inexplicable American accent. But there's so many other things that annoy me about the happenings in this show that I overlooked it).

I guess her stuffed animal being named Amélie was to remind us that she comes from France.

france the coneheads GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

I guess her stuffed animal being named Amélie was to remind us that she comes from France.

france the coneheads GIF by Saturday Night Live

Despite the that she/the actress can't even pronounce Amelie correctly or even consistently incorrectly.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Did I hear that correctly? "It wasn't your fault" that dad was hit by a car. Why TF would you even say that? And to a four-year-old..

I think Theo said that to his Dad, not Charlie. 

• Like 2

I think this is the third or fourth time we’ve seen Gina giving away a ton of free meals without any sort of game plan as to how to make it work financially — first, at the restaurant to those recently laid off, then at the food truck with the homeless encampment and now with Free Food Fridays (or Friday, singular.).  No one on this show has really ever had a sound mind for business-ing, but, a throwaway line or two would work wonders.

Aging down Theo once again (he can only eat dinosaur chicken nuggets?!) while simultaneously aging up Charlie - granted, I am not an expert in children, but I am also not in charge of writing children for a major network tv show and would also do a modicum of research into children if I were.  At this rate, Gary and Maggie’s kid is going to be talking bilingually in complete sentences and enrolling in kindergarten in the finale.

The lice story seemed like it was going to have some sort of pay-off and it just didn’t.

I actually thought the Gary wanting to connect to his roots story and the Rome and dad story were pretty well-done except…kissing your dad on the lips?  Ick.  Major ick.  I know these people are without boundaries and codependent as hell, but, I just can’t wrap my mind around it being okay.  

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

I can tell that Gina and Rome need to have the “it’s time for a facility” talk with Romes dad AFTER he (dad) recognizes that he’s had “an episode,” like the “aha moment” he had in the car after he drove him and Rome to the wrong house. Introduce it when he realizes he needs help/more support. Will Gina and Rome do this next episode? I doubt it. They’ll introduce the topic after he’s been really lucid and then wonder why on earth he’s mad and doesn’t want to go. 

That's interesting.  To me, Walter just needs an aide to help watch him during the day.  He seems capable of doing most things himself, he really just needs someone there to redirect him when he has memory issues or outbursts. 

4 hours ago, llongori said:

For 30 years, mom harbored a simmering rage for a sister-in-law who referred to one of mom's grandkids as a bastard--the born out of wedlock kind (which he was).  So I understand that this kind of estrangement happens, but I don't really understand the depth of emotions that causes it.

In fairness to your mother, that is a deeply offensive comment.  I would probably hold a grudge over something like that.  I do understand grudges, it just seemed odd that this particular issue was what ripped them apart.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Lethallyfab said:

Aging down Theo once again (he can only eat dinosaur chicken nuggets?!) while simultaneously aging up Charlie - granted, I am not an expert in children, but I am also not in charge of writing children for a major network tv show and would also do a modicum of research into children if I were.  At this rate, Gary and Maggie’s kid is going to be talking bilingually in complete sentences and enrolling in kindergarten in the finale.

That was another bratty spoiled thing that Theo did.  How rude to require specific food when invited to dinner. No one ever corrects him.

• Like 9
5 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Speaking of this codependent conglomerate of braindead people, how couldn't Eddie get one of them to watch his kid for a few hours? These people legitimately do everything short of wiping one another's ass, and the only person he could send his kid with for the day was the woman who hit him with a car? I'd really let her drive my kid around. She's obviously great behind the wheel.

I really thought Eddie seeing the car was going to make him remember she hit him with a car, and then not let Charlie get in. He could have called Gary who is just sitting at home taking care of a baby.  Charlie would not have been much more effort. Or he could have called Danny, since he had said earlier Danny was in town and available to help.

1 hour ago, Suzn said:

That was another bratty spoiled thing that Theo did.  How rude to require specific food when invited to dinner. No one ever corrects him.

That is probably why Theo is so bratty. No one has ever corrected him so he assumes it is okay.

Also, if Charlie is 4, Theo must be 14. What 14-year-old asks for dinosaur-shaped nuggets?

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Also, if Charlie is 4, Theo must be 14. What 14-year-old asks for dinosaur-shaped nuggets?

While I agree that they make Theo too childish for his age, when I was in food service at the high school and we were serving chicken nuggets, one of the kids asked if they were shaped like dinosaurs! I replied, no, because you guys aren’t 2 😆

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
6 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

In Nov 2020, TikTok star Charli D’Amelio’s family posted a video on their YT channel of them having dinner with another SM star. Their private chef cooked a paella that included escargot. Charli’s sister made gagging noises and left the table to vomit. Charli asked for… wait for it!… Dino nuggets! She was 16 at the time. 

Edited by Frisky Wig

Just to add to the crowd, Theo is annoying, has no boundaries and believes he is the center of the universe. The actor is terrible and the directors don't really know how to direct him to make the character not so cringy.

I also add my voice to the weird way that Charlie just popped back in, with a prefect American accent. Maybe she came to Eddie as a toddler - because the writers kept her jumping from infant to toddler and back - and grew up to be 4 with Eddie. I feel for the kid. She is with her father, but she got the brother too. Also weird was that she seemed totally at ease with Eddie. I think the kid would be a little more awkward, not having much personal interaction with dad, even if they talked everyday via video. 

Even weirder is the fact that Eddie is not a full time dad, is in school, and can afford all that working as a Not-Lift, Not-Uber driver.

Regina has become a caricature. 

I actually liked Gary with the baby and his aunt. And I don't like Gary.

Why are they still giving lines to Maggie? Besides the very short discussion on not being able to breast feed, nothing that came out of  the character was neither endearing or cute. I bet the story was written by a young man who never had a chance to spend time with a new mother. Anyone who did that would know that an infant's mother would pay to be able to have a few hours to herself, and she was leaving the baby with his father FFS! The whole thing at the doctor's office was a waste of time.

So, Danny was there to help but  not helping. Where is Sophie living now? 

If I didn't know they filmed in Canada, this episode would have given that away. The school scenes were on location because the restrooms were marked as "washrooms". I love those little details that get missed in the production.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, circumvent said:

Also weird was that she seemed totally at ease with Eddie. I think the kid would be a little more awkward, not having much personal interaction with dad, even if they talked everyday via video. 

That was really surprising, and unrealistic.  She might be comfortable with Danny, but not with a virtual stranger she hasn't been around in person in her memory, and without her mother.

Also unrealistic is Maggie's fit and trim figure so soon after childbirth.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I'm surprised that the obvious answer for Rome and Regina on what to do with Walter has actually dawned on them. 

I’m not. Assisted living facilities are often a last resort, with families trying multiple other options to keep their loved one at home as long as they can. I can see why Rome and Regina did this, especially considering how stubborn Walter is (you think he’ll happily enter a facility?) and how his lucid moments outnumber his non lucid ones. It makes sense to me that they wouldn’t consider it until Walters non lucid actions became potentially dangerous. 

Also, ALF’s are expensive, another reason why most people try other (less expensive) options first. We know Rome works and has a well-paying job, but how much money can Regina be bringing in when she parks her food truck at homeless encampments and gives away so much of her food? 🙄 

• Like 10
On 3/22/2023 at 8:40 PM, JayDub1987 said:

That would be his parents' job - at which they have failed time and again. Thinking it's cute (or being sort of proud) that he interrogates people like a lawyer is just stupid.

On 3/22/2023 at 8:44 PM, historylover820 said:

So, are we assuming the mother of the century just put her 4 year old daughter on a plane by herself from Paris to Boston? Because that's what I'm going with. But, Charlie is a cutie.

Since we know absolutely nothing about how Charlie got there, I am assuming Danny is the one who flew over with her. They got my hopes up when they mentioned him, but no sight of him in this episode.

On 3/22/2023 at 8:59 PM, txhorns79 said:

Why can't they sit down with Walter and explain his options to him, i.e. either he has an aide with him during the day, or that they will have to look at a potential placement in long term care? 

Walter is something like my father - who kicked me out of his life for even broaching the subject. Assuming that the person is still rational enough assumes that they were rational from the beginning, and weren't encumbered with a boatload of self-defeating pride.

21 hours ago, Leeds said:

Despite the that she/the actress can't even pronounce Amelie correctly or even consistently incorrectly.

I gave the four year old actress a break - grownups have enough trouble doing accents. Asking a kid who barely has a grip on her own accent seems a bit much. Yes, she should have had more French sounding pronunciations, but she's only a tiny child. I thought she was at least very natural and not as cutesy as children that age tend to be on tv.

19 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

The lice story seemed like it was going to have some sort of pay-off and it just didn’t.

It had sort of a pay off for me - having had kids who got lice from school. But mostly in the psychosomatic itching that it generates. Even now my scalp itches when I hear "lice" (and did while I was watching). But no one really wants to see anyone dealing with children and lice (well, me anyway). It is no fun at all.

18 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I really thought Eddie seeing the car was going to make him remember she hit him with a car, and then not let Charlie get in. He could have called Gary who is just sitting at home taking care of a baby.  Charlie would not have been much more effort. Or he could have called Danny, since he had said earlier Danny was in town and available to help.

That is probably why Theo is so bratty. No one has ever corrected him so he assumes it is okay.

"Just sitting at home taking care of a baby?"  It's not as passive or work free as it seems.

My 14 year olds and older loved dinosaur chicken nuggets, they loved the whimsy of them.

4 hours ago, circumvent said:

So, Danny was there to help but  not helping. Where is Sophie living now?

Exactly, if anyone wasn't doing anything, it would be Danny who should be babysitting his sister.

1 hour ago, izabella said:

Also unrealistic is Maggie's fit and trim figure so soon after childbirth.

I wish it were so...one of the moms in our group was trim weeks after having the baby - we all kind of hated her. BTW, she was French. 😉

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

It had sort of a pay off for me - having had kids who got lice from school. But mostly in the psychosomatic itching that it generates. Even now my scalp itches when I hear "lice" (and did while I was watching). But no one really wants to see anyone dealing with children and lice.

Foolproof lice remedy?  Massage lots of jarred mayonnaise into scalp and saturate hair, cover with a shower cap for 3+ hours.  Bonus?  It's a great conditioner!  Ask me how I know . . .

Edited by Leeds
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Leeds said:

Foolproof lice remedy?  Massage lots of jarred mayonnaise into scalp and saturate hair, cover with a shower cap for 3+ hours.  Bonus?  It's a great conditioner!  Ask me how I know . . .

I feel for you.

We used olive oil. Worked like a charm. But both kids had thick curly hair - combing for nits and eggs was a chore.

6 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I feel for you.

We used olive oil. Worked like a charm. But both kids had thick curly hair - combing for nits and eggs was a chore.

We tried combing, shampooing with the stinky shampoo, you name it.  Olive oil and mayonnaise probably work the same way - by suffocating the b*stards.  If I'd known about the olive oil, I would have tried that; my kids smelt like salad dressing for a week, despite lots of shampooing.

Back on topic, why do pregnant TV women always hold their bellies up when they're walking around?  Are they afraid their fake baby is going to fall out/off?  I don't remember normal pregnant women in my life (or myself, arguably not so normal) doing that.

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 4
9 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I gave the four year old actress a break - grownups have enough trouble doing accents. Asking a kid who barely has a grip on her own accent seems a bit much. Yes, she should have had more French sounding pronunciations, but she's only a tiny child. I thought she was at least very natural and not as cutesy as children that age tend to be on tv.

That's probably the biggest reason why, while I noticed the American accent, it didn't bother me. I'm 44 years old, and I can't do anything but my own Midwestern accent to save my life. I'm not going to fault a four year old for not being able to do an accent.

• Like 5
52 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

That's probably the biggest reason why, while I noticed the American accent, it didn't bother me. I'm 44 years old, and I can't do anything but my own Midwestern accent to save my life. I'm not going to fault a four year old for not being able to do an accent.

Same.  They could have hired a child with a french accent but that seems like too much effort.  In fact this entire last season feels like Nash or whomever is writing these episodes have given up/don't care/moved on to a new project.  

• Like 2

So, I noticed Rome made a comment how his dad raised him for 18 years and he can barely take care of him for three months. So if his dad has been living there three months then they did a bit of a time jump, which helps explain why baby Javier is a little older and Maggie doesn’t look one week postpartum. I guess during that time Eddie worked out a visit with Charlie. I wonder if these episodes were originally intended to be spaced out a little more, like maybe take a mid season break after the baby was born and then come back with this episode. But as it aired it was jarring.

I like to make fun of these codependent weirdos as much as the next person, but on a sincere note I do find the scenes between Rome and his dad pretty moving. They are both wonderful actors.

• Like 6
11 hours ago, desertflower said:

So, I noticed Rome made a comment how his dad raised him for 18 years and he can barely take care of him for three months. So if his dad has been living there three months then they did a bit of a time jump, which helps explain why baby Javier is a little older and Maggie doesn’t look one week postpartum. I guess during that time Eddie worked out a visit with Charlie. I wonder if these episodes were originally intended to be spaced out a little more, like maybe take a mid season break after the baby was born and then come back with this episode. But as it aired it was jarring.

Would have been nice to at least see Eddie and Delilah have an actual conversation about Charlie instead of jumping from D basically blowing him off on the phone and C just being in Boston a month or two later. (Or even just an implication that they continued the conversation off screen. They didn't need to show us the whole thing.)

Edited by ams1001
afterthought
  • Like 5

Definitely don't need to see the whole convo between Eddie and Delilah. If I never see her again, it'll be too soon.

But, yeah, some sort of remark, maybe Eddie talking to the guys, saying that he's worked out a visitation arrangement so he can see Charlie would have been great. But, I also want to know--did Danny fly over, pick up his sister, bring her back? I don't know why, but that lack of detail just makes latch on to "I want to know!" I don't know why I want to know, I just do!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
54 minutes ago, izabella said:

I thought Danny lived in France with his mom and sister.

To my understanding he does, he's just a frequent visitor.

If it has actually been three months, then where are Danny and Sophie living? The house would surely have gone through escrow and be someone else's by now. Not a peep about that.

None of this has to be a big scene - a sentence or two would take care of it.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 3
28 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

To my understanding he does, he's just a frequent visitor.

If it has actually been three months, then where are Danny and Sophie living? The house would surely have gone through escrow and be someone else's by now. Not a peep about that.

None of this has to be a big scene - a sentence or two would take care of it.

This show is full of dangling threads that a couple of lines could cover.  It often feels like I've missed a scene or even an episode.

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, Suzn said:

This show is full of dangling threads that a couple of lines could cover.  It often feels like I've missed a scene or even an episode.

I’m convinced that the writers change every week with only a summary given them of the prior week’s episode. Because they don’t seem to know what all has been said before. Only we idiots watch every week …..

• Like 6

Danny is living with his boyfriend, whoever he may be; the one he broke up with and they got back together or he's found a new one.

Sophie is out busking for her supper and is now homeless because Delilah sold the house, and she is staying at homeless shelters so she can have the homeless experience which will help her when she gives away all the free food with Regina's food truck which is now a charity, not a business.

Charlie lost her French accent in the three-month time jump.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7