Type keyword(s) to search

Milestone Moments: All The Celebrity Vitals

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Laura Holt said:

How unsurprised am I that Federline is considering ways to increase the money coming in as the boys start to age out of child support.

The custody agreement says that they split custody 50:50. However, Britney hasn't seen either of her sons in around two years, let alone spent any time with them.  This is because after some tumultuous visits with her after her guardianship ended as well as Britney's penchant for talking about them online after they requested that she not do that; both boys have refused to see her.  Federline's whole family moved to Hawaii in the past year and Britney's sons apparently refused to see her even to say goodbye.  Federline says he encouraged them to see her, but couldn't force them and it was their choice.

Even though Federline probably no prize as a parent, Britney is even more of a disaster.  It is a shame that her sons won't see her, but that is their right.  And it is Kevin's right to ask for more support since they are living with him full time.

I hope both of Britney's sons have gotten and continue to receive counseling to help them cope with a very difficult situation.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

The custody agreement says that they split custody 50:50. However, Britney hasn't seen either of her sons in around two years, let alone spent any time with them.  This is because after some tumultuous visits with her after her guardianship ended as well as Britney's penchant for talking about them online after they requested that she not do that; both boys have refused to see her.  Federline's whole family moved to Hawaii in the past year and Britney's sons apparently refused to see her even to say goodbye.  Federline says he encouraged them to see her, but couldn't force them and it was their choice.

Even though Federline probably no prize as a parent, Britney is even more of a disaster.  It is a shame that her sons won't see her, but that is their right.  And it is Kevin's right to ask for more support since they are living with him full time.

I hope both of Britney's sons have gotten and continue to receive counseling to help them cope with a very difficult situation.

I don't think so  Kevin Federline chose to move to a state with a higher cost of living. His sons are old enough to get part time jobs. They can't say they hate their mother but be dependent on her child support. I think family therapy might be helpful from Britney and her sons.

• Like 8

Also in situations where one parent is astronomically better off than the other isn't one reason for a very generous child support cheque to ensure there is some balance between the households? If the boys never see their mother is this even relevant anymore? 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, kathyk24 said:

I don't think so  Kevin Federline chose to move to a state with a higher cost of living. His sons are old enough to get part time jobs. They can't say they hate their mother but be dependent on her child support. I think family therapy might be helpful from Britney and her sons.

Kevin could also get a job.

• Like 18

How convenient that he asks for more money right after he moves to a state with a high cost of living, one of the sons is aging out of support, and he still isn’t working. If a woman did this to a male celebrity, she would be flamed all over the internet. 
I sympathize with Kevin and the kids for having to deal with her unstable behavior but that's it. The kids deserve every penny of support they can get from her and I truly hope it all goes to them but his ass needs to get a job. They aren’t little and don’t need a stay at home dad anymore. 

• Like 23
3 hours ago, Crs97 said:

They are still minors so yes they can.

I don't disagree but if they want to continue living the lifestyle they've enjoyed up to now they are in for a shock in a very short time.  They are old enough to understand that their mother will very shortly not be legally required to provide for them unless there are terms to the custody agreement with regard to higher education.  I am by no means saying they should be making nice with Mom if they want the good times to keep rolling, but they should also be aware that, or someone should explain it to them  if they are not, that proclamations of hate aren't going to keep the money flowing.

Edited by Laura Holt
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

How convenient that he asks for more money right after he moves to a state with a high cost of living, one of the sons is aging out of support, and he still isn’t working. If a woman did this to a male celebrity, she would be flamed all over the internet. 
I sympathize with Kevin and the kids for having to deal with her unstable behavior but that it. The kids deserve every penny of support they can get from her and I truly hope it all goes to them but his ass needs to get a job. They aren’t little and don’t need a stay at home dad anymore. 

Exactly look at the reaction Kevin Costner's soon to be ex-wife is getting on the internet. Didn't he ask for an increase in child support not to long ago? He used her money to afford the move to Hawaii she should be asking the judge to require her sons to speak to her if they want money for college.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

she should be asking the judge to require her sons to speak to her if they want money for college.

So she can post it all over the internet even when they have begged her not to?  Once they are adults she can do whatever she wants with her money, but she put those kids through trauma and they deserve their feelings about it.

• Like 16
18 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

He used her money to afford the move to Hawaii she should be asking the judge to require her sons to speak to her if they want money for college.

That probably wouldn't fly but if they haven't already got college expenses as part of their agreement it may be too late to add it in now (not really sure as anyone I know who has done this had that included at the time the agreement was drawn up).  That said what does usually happen with college or other training post high school is the money either goes directly to the child or directly to the institution.  What it doesn't usually do is go directly to the other parent.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Laura Holt said:

That probably wouldn't fly but if they haven't already got college expenses as part of their agreement it may be too late to add it in now (not really sure as anyone I know who has done this had that included at the time the agreement was drawn up).  That said what does usually happen with college or other training post high school is the money either goes directly to the child or directly to the institution.  What it doesn't usually do is go directly to the other parent.

The article I read about this said support ends at age 18 (which is why he wants more for the younger kid, as he's days away from no longer getting paid for the older kid), but I don't know if they actually know there's no clause obliging her to pay for college or they're just writing out of their ass. 

She clearly doesn't want to pay Kevin a day longer or a dime more than the current order obliges her to, but she may give the older kid money directly, pay his tuition, buy him a car, etc.  Or she may decide if you don't want a relationship with me, you don't get my money.  Whatever she does, she'll probably post about it on social media, so those interested will soon know.

30 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

she should be asking the judge to require her sons to speak to her if they want money for college.

She is not, however, going to get any judge to order her kids to restart that relationship.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 9
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, Quof said:

Yeah, judges don't do that.

If they do, they shouldn't. The boys aren't to blame for her being a train wreck, even if Kevin is an irresponsible jerk. As far as I'm aware, they asked her for one thing - to stop talking about them online and airing their business in front of strangers - and she either couldn't or wouldn't do it. I don't blame her if she no longer wants to pay her ex-husband after all this time, but my feeling is also that the kids are the couple of people who really don't want anything from Britney aside from her absence in their lives, at least not without some major changes in how things go.

• Like 16
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

I sympathize with Kevin and the kids for having to deal with her unstable behavior but that it. The kids deserve every penny of support they can get from her and I truly hope it all goes to them but his ass needs to get a job. They aren’t little and don’t need a stay at home dad anymore. 

Exactly. Hawaii is one of the most expensive places to live, maybe even more expensive than California. He did that deliberately so that Britney would pay for it. Plus, it’s problematic to be moving to Hawaii anyway.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

If they do, they shouldn't. The boys aren't to blame for her being a train wreck, even if Kevin is an irresponsible jerk. As far as I'm aware, they asked her for one thing - to stop talking about them online and airing their business in front of strangers - and she either couldn't or wouldn't do it. I don't blame her if she no longer wants to pay her ex-husband after all this time, but my feeling is also that the kids are the couple of people who really don't want anything from Britney aside from her absence in their lives, at least not without some major changes in how things go.

I agree. That really should be up to the boys if they want to talk to her or have a relationship with her or not. It's their choice.

• Like 11
On 9/10/2023 at 12:26 AM, Notabug said:

I've seen him every time he's toured since '85; last weekend in Jersey was my 3rd time this tour (Cleveland and Wrigley Field in Chicago being the others).  Also saw Springsteen on Broadway which was really special. There is virtually nothing compares to a Springsteen concert.  Nobody is having more fun than Bruce.  And nobody works harder to entertain his fans, either.

Bruce will be 74 later this month, BTW.

Have you seen Paul McCartney live? He is also amazing!

On 9/11/2023 at 8:44 PM, Notabug said:

Aren’t both sons close to aging out of child support?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Exactly look at the reaction Kevin Costner's soon to be ex-wife is getting on the internet. Didn't he ask for an increase in child support not to long ago? He used her money to afford the move to Hawaii she should be asking the judge to require her sons to speak to her if they want money for college.

I don’t think any judge can force them to speak to her if they choose otherwise. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

I didn't watch "The Day After" (written by Edward Hume, broadcast on network TV in 1983) until about 10 years ago.

I was so effected by the setting and the acting and cinematography, that I don't know if I noticed the writing — it seemed so natural and unscripted.

In 1981, ABC Motion Pictures approached Hume about writing a screenplay on nuclear warfare, placing no restrictions on the subject, except to show "what nuclear war would be like." The script focused not on politics or military decision-makers, but on a small group of average citizens in the American heartland – teachers, farmers, doctors, students – who live among unseen ICBM missile silos in nearby cornfields. Early in the story, there is background news-chatter of mounting tension between the United States and the Soviet Union, but it is intentionally left unclear who fires the first missile.

The Day After was a cultural and media phenomenon, watched by 100 million people on the night of Sunday, November 20, 1983. Immediately following the movie, ABC aired a special Viewpoint program hosted by Ted Koppel to discuss its impact. Among the participants were Henry Kissinger, Robert McNamara, Carl Sagan, William F. Buckley, Elie Wiesel, and Secretary of State George P. Shultz. In his diaries, President Reagan noted that the film was "powerfully done, very effective...and left me greatly depressed." Eventually, The Day After was released in theaters around the world, and aired on Soviet television; the screenplay was nominated for an Emmy Award, and won the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Original Drama Anthology.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Hume#The_Day_After

It's probably even more relatable these days.
I imagine it will be shown on various channels soon, out of respect, but it's also on Prime, YouTube, and elsewhere.

• Like 6
11 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I didn't watch "The Day After" (written by Edward Hume, broadcast on network TV in 1983) until about 10 years ago.

I watched it - I hadn't planned to but others were watching it and before I could leave the room I got sucked in.  Very well written to the point I remember it to this day.

RIP Mr. Hume.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, AstridM said:

Have you seen Paul McCartney live? He is also amazing!

Aren’t both sons close to aging out of child support?

Twice!  He's right up there with Bruce in giving fantastic live performances.  Tremendous experience.  I did love Paul complaining earlier this summer that it was all Bruce' fault that performers were expected to perform for 3 or more hours straight.  He pointed out that, when the Beatles did concerts, they played for 30 minutes, maybe 6 songs, and still got paid.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I never thought I'd see that headline. They always seemed so perfectly suited for one another. I suppose if there is anything good about it, they are smart enough to end things before it gets messing and ugly for their children. There seems to still be love there, and it's just that their lives are taking different paths now. 

They both seem like such solid, decent people that I'm sure they won't be tearing each other apart like some other couples have. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Today is Britney Spears's son Sean 18th birthday. I wonder if that's why Kevin Federline is asking for more support before his younger song turns the same age.

Probably. Trying to squeeze out every last cent before he loses the money because he turns 18.

• Like 8
7 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Today is Britney Spears's son Sean 18th birthday. I wonder if that's why Kevin Federline is asking for more support before his younger song turns the same age.

That's quite like wondering if the Pope is Catholic, isn't it?

Edited by Bastet
  • LOL 20
9 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

I see he was in a long-term relationship with Kelly Monaco, who played Sam McCall, Jason's love interest on GH.

The article states he had bipolar disorder.

• Sad 8
2 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

I can’t link to it on my phone but I saw that Billy Miller’s mom confirmed that he died by suicide as a result of bipolar disorder on her IG page (her name is Patricia Miller). RIP Billy. This is so sad.

I'd never heard of him, but this is, sadly, no surprise based on what was reported.  Yet another tragic result of mental illness.

Billy Miller’s Mother Confirms Actor’s Cause of Death in Heartbreaking Statement

I can only hope we as a society, led by a more responsible media, start referring to suicide as the manner of death, with the underlying illness - depression, bipolar disorder, etc. - correctly identified as the cause

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

Thats a shame but not surprised.  He seems to be pretty private and she is the complete opposite, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Her mom (who lives with them) is a strong personality that may be difficult for some to live with. I would not be surprised if that played a factor in their breakup. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4