Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, magemaud said:

I’m 72 and just got the email about my college 50th reunion 

My 25th was in October (that was the trip that led my breaking my fast-food fast).

Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I never ate lunch at work but had granola bars and yogurt and fruit and stuff in my desk. Plus we had a "Free Food" channel on our Slack so we were always hovering around in the hopes of scoring a croissant or a muffin or some pizza. 

We had all kinds of catered meetings, which meant not only food for lunch, but food to take home. It was a rough life.

Before I retired, I actually went to employee services for some behavioral counseling sessions on best ways to control eating at home because I did not want to blow up like a balloon. We did some exercises, I found some new foods, and it was a good experience. 

I retired about 6 months before covid. I actually lost a few pounds during lockdown, whereas a lot of people took being home as an excuse to stuff themselves. Not me. I had counseling! 😄

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

No therapy for her? Or us for watching this? 

No surgery, no therapy, lots of driving and flying and lots and lots of denial. 

She can't move to Houston cuz she has to make phone calls? How hard is that? 

Step dad is like she's never leaving. We gonna bury her and raise these kids. I dont think he signed up for that 

• Like 5

I'm on the last year of boomers. I don't feel like a boomer. I defected to gen X.

I have two aunts left after my uncle died recently. I'm not ready to be an adult.

Out of 37 first cousins, 35 of us are still around. I think the age range is about early 40's - mid 70's.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Yep.  I am 73!  What happened - I was just 16!

I know what you mean!!!  However what recently freaked me out was a couple of my classmates died  recently and the newspaper headline was "Elderly Couple died in car accident".  
I couldn't get past the term, "Elderly"....

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

It's like the Nowzardian Collective took the year off and made their contract obligations by splicing together rejected footage of the ones that didn't actually make the cut to be on the show.

Whenever these shows stop being mean and snarky they lose their appeal.

Just now, MsVixen said:

I know what you mean!!!  However what recently freaked me out was a couple of my classmates died  recently and the newspaper headline was "Elderly Couple died in car accident".  
I couldn't get past the term, "Elderly"....

A couple of years ago there was a big snow here, the kind the weather people on TV warn you about and the stores fill with anxious looking people grabbing milk and bread and toilet paper. My husband was out of town working in NYC. It did snow, a lot, and my kindly neighbors cleared the sidewalk in front of my house, and the guy on the other side cleared the top of the driveway. My son called me in the afternoon ("Dad told me to check on you")!  As I was watching the weather update later, the meteorologist was saying "Check on your elderly neighbors" and I sat straight up and said "OH MY GOD I AM THE ELDERLY NEIGHBOR".  Holy shit. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

A couple of years ago there was a big snow here, the kind the weather people on TV warn you about and the stores fill with anxious looking people grabbing milk and bread and toilet paper. My husband was out of town working in NYC. It did snow, a lot, and my kindly neighbors cleared the sidewalk in front of my house, and the guy on the other side cleared the top of the driveway. My son called me in the afternoon ("Dad told me to check on you")!  As I was watching the weather update later, the meteorologist was saying "Check on your elderly neighbors" and I sat straight up and said "OH MY GOD I AM THE ELDERLY NEIGHBOR".  Holy shit. 

That is a hard moment. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1

I only feel bad for her kids.  Not only do they have to take care of her, they are staring at either having her bedbound soon, or having to bury her, and a lifetime of weight problems of their own.

I don't think I will bother watching the first hour of this show.

Have a good night, everyone!   See you next week!

• Like 8