Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, aliya said:

Why not have the investment company send the check directly to a new bank in Texas? This isn't rocket surgery.

They are probably mistrustful unless the check is in their hand.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I thought about that and as a retired professor, I bet he's thinking only the most motivated will actually read the book the first time. Most will look at the pictures and maybe go to the diet. I've seen a sample of the book and it actually covers quite a bit about the psychology of overeating. 

By asking them to read it every night (which most won't), they'll at least absorb something more than they would by just reading it once. Even for us academic types, it's not unusual to have to read many books and research papers more than once to truly understand the info. 

Yep. A part of my job includes training and assessment for brand compliance. I have to refer to the 200 page brand guidelines almost every day. Snippets and images are extremely helpful.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I am so confused about this money situation.  Can someone explain like I am five?

Lawrence cashed in his 401k to get money to move to Houston.   However, the money was sent by check that disappeared in the mail, so they had to delay the move to get their money.      After taxes and penalties, then I bet they won't have much left.   

Month 5 - 544, so down a lot.  Good for her. 

• Like 1

If you misbehave with your bank account and they close your account  you will have a hard time getting a new one. I suspect they have a history of overdrafts or returned checks. If you can't get a bank acct life is harder and you have to go to check cashing places 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Didn't Dr Now used to make them 100 lbs or more in a munts time?  These new episodes his weight loss goals for them could be achieved with two big dumps and one day of water fasting.

I think the most he's requested is 50 or 60 lbs in a month.  I think there was about only one case where a person lost 120 in a month.

• Like 1

Hey, she did it.  I hope she continues on the right path.  Maybe encouragement will help her, she seems like a 'mood' person, if she is in the right mood, she will do it, if not, she will feel bad and eat her feelings. 

• Like 4

It took them a few months...  that's usually a bad sign.   And on the road, she can really let it go.  Hope she doesn't gain vs. her last weigh-in.

Most of the family is pretty slim, I am surprised! 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Shoot! We have a storm coming thru and the signal went out just as she was going in to get weighed! Did she lose weight? Is she going to get the surgery?

She lost a lot of weigh, and Dr. Now said if she loses 25 lbs more, that she will get her surgery.   They're moving to Houston now.  

Lawrence is her husband.    There's also a teen stepson. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
Just now, Eldemarge said:

Is Lawrence the husband? Or is he a live-in boyfriend?

I am pretty sure they are married, there were wedding photos.  Though of course one could have a dress-up party without bothering with the marriage license. 

• Useful 1