Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I had an employee who's cousin was named Waymond. I said you mean Raymond right? She said no Waymond, it was a family name.

One of my residents had the name Jermiah, and another is Cale (kaylee).

• LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? And who refers to the birth certificate for the kid's name? "Oh yeah, I just had a baby, what the hell did we name him? Let me check the birth certificate.....oh, I thought we named him Duane, but apparently we named him Duaune. Oh well."

Oprah Winfrey has often told the story that her name was supposed to be Orpha. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I knew a Queen too!

I also once had a phone interaction with a young Harvard Law student, named Lasagna. My office mates thought I must have misheard, her name was probably LaSonya or similar. I received a follow up email. Lasagna. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 7

1 minute ago

I developed blood clots in my leg. I lost weight because I was vomiting when I tried to eat.  It messes your whole body up.

I'm on blood thinners for life because I'm prone to pulmonary embolisms. The first time I had them I thought I had vertigo. Turns out my organs were failing. 

• Mind Blown 10
  • Hugs 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I also once had a phone interaction with a young Harvard Law student, named Lasagna. My office mates thought I must have misheard, her name was probably LaSonya or similar. I received a follow up email. Lasagna. 

I had a "Midchild" once. I asked are you the middle child. She said yes. I said wait...how did your parents know that when you were born? She had no response. She wasn't triplets.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Oprah Winfrey has often told the story that her name was supposed to be Orpha. 

I know, but its so silly, who can take it seriously. I can see saying "Oh, wait, they misspelled Orpah on the birth certificate. But hey, I like the sound of this--Oprah! OK, Oprah it is!" That I can buy. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I had a coworker named Cozy. I said "What a nice name...it's unusual." He glared at me like I put pineapple in his spaghetti. Never again. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I had a coworker named Cozy. I said "What a nice name...it's unusual." He glared at me like I put pineapple in his spaghetti. Never again. 

My favorite was a B school professor named Lynn Sharp Payne. 

There's also a dentist in my town named Dr. Fang.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I had a "Midchild" once. I asked are you the middle child. She said yes. I said wait...how did your parents know that when you were born? She had no response. She wasn't triplets.

Milady.  A human's name was Milady.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I can't find "Duh Wahn" in those letters. I found Daw-nay, Da-yoon, Da oo knee, Dow-knee, Da-yoony, but I can't find Duh-Wahn. That's what she said, but HOW?

LOL. The spelling threw me off at first, but I figured it out. I’m from the east coast, so I grew up with guys named DeJuan, DeShawn, etc. and girls named LaShonda, LaShaunda. But once I went to college, I met friends from further south with the same names, but spelled DeShun, LaShunda and I realized their names were spelled the way their parents phonetically pronounced them. I guess it’d be like someone with a thick New England accent spelling the names Carter or Martha phonetically.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

My mother’s name was Hortense but everyone called her Honey.

I kind of understand her reasoning. 

How does one look at a newborn baby girl and say "Hortense! It's perfect!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 12