Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 M600LL and Season 8 WATN LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, Suzywriter said:

Dr. Now should prescribe cigarettes, like they used to prescribe to pregnant women in the 40s and 50s to keep their weight down. 

The Dr told my mom the have a hot toddy every night for the nausea when she was pregnant with me 😂 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Dr. Now should prescribe cigarettes, like they used to prescribe to pregnant women in the 40s and 50s to keep their weight down. 

Hey, it works!!!  I know.  Used them for years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, charmed1 said:

Oh, his name is Daune! Pronounced like Duh-Wahn. Daune the ex-con. 

I can't find "Duh Wahn" in those letters. I found Daw-nay, Da-yoon, Da oo knee, Dow-knee, Da-yoony, but I can't find Duh-Wahn. That's what she said, but HOW?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
Just now, Suzywriter said:

My mom's doctor also put her on diet pills (she was already smoking, it was the 1950's) because she didn't want to gain any weight while she was pregnant.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, String Theory said:

She's already eaten four years worth of food!!!

I've got one of those Dr Now magnets on my fridge, "You don't have to eat something. You have eaten 800 pound of food in you."  from James K's show. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8

I came in late, how did she survive on her own at 15 with her own apartment?

Her father signed the lease. I don't remember if she worked or not for her other expenses.

The Dr told my mom the have a hot toddy every night for the nausea when she was pregnant with me 😂 

When my husband's mother was pregnant with his older brother, the doctor prescribed her amphetamines to keep her weight down!!!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, charmed1 said:

He told mine to have a glass of sherry. Ah, the 70s.😂

I've never been a drinker, so drinking while pregnant wasn't an issue, but they sure served wine in the hospital after I gave birth. And yeah, it was the '70's.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Her father signed the lease. I don't remember if she worked or not for her other expenses.

When my husband's mother was pregnant with his older brother, the doctor prescribed her amphetamines to keep her weight down!!!

LOL...and we're fine...aren't we??

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I've got one of those Dr Now magnets on my fridge, "You don't have to eat something. You have eaten 800 pound of food in you."  from James K's show. 

I don't remember which episode it was from, but I had a little magnet frame on my fridge with nothing in it so I made up a little sign for it that says "My suggestion is don't do that." 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
Just now, aliya said:

I've never been a drinker, so drinking while pregnant wasn't an issue, but they sure served wine in the hospital after I gave birth. And yeah, it was the '70's.

I was smoking in the hospital bathroom when I was admitted to give birth to my son in 1983.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I have closed captioning on and that’s why I wondered if his mother meant to name him Duane and wrote Daune by mistake.

Don't think too hard on it, Girlfriend!  My people have made up names for  centuries and will spell them any old way.  She probably did mean "Duane".

And before anyone thinks I dissing on my people, I am not.  Just calling it as it is...

• Like 4
  • LOL 2