Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Roses Are Red, Dina Is Blue

• Start Topic

OK. I've never seen "The Godfather" but even I know the storyline of such  a classic film. That said, should Teresa be using this film to depict the epitome of family values? Am I missing something here? 

I'm glad she and Victoria Gotti are kinder spirits, however....

• Love 6

So did Joe Go buy a dog for his kids because Teresa bought one for hers?

Why have we never heard any mention of Melissa's Aunt? We've seen or heard of a lot of her other family? Oh,and BTW, did you know Amber had cancer? I can't figure out why she's so desperate to re-friend Melissa, especially when Melissa stirred the pot and then threw her under the bus, and was no where to be found when Amber had The Cancer. Did you know her husband is an attorney? If we took a shot everytime she said cancer or attorney or mortgage..........

I appreciate Victoria Gotti's bluntness. I wouldn't mind her being a HW, but I would have loved to see her go head to head with Caroline. Victoria would stand up to her when no one else would.

I do wonder if Victoria's story about Reno cheating on his wife with her mother was a set up to see if Amber will spread gossip again. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 6

Love the idea of Victoria becoming a HW. Hope TPTB are reading.

I don't mean to pick on Rino's looks (I'm a homely mug myself!) but man he's the oddest looking fellow we've seen in awhile. And ewwww, I can't see him with Santa.

• Love 1

Why aren't the twins all over Twitter denying the rumor instead of re-tweeting stupid things about what a great family they have?  Dumb asses.

If Jim Marchese is so worried about being associated with the criminal element why is his wife hanging around with Victoria Gotti?

The show has officially jumped the shark.

• Love 6

Why have we never heard any mention of Melissa's Aunt? We've seen or heard of a lot of her other family?

We saw her aunt several times back when her sisters use to show up. She was very pretty, and I always wondered if she was more like a mother to Melissa because we saw her more often. I am pretty sure she was also in the room last year when she braced her family for the news that she was writing a book that would discuss her father's affairs.

• Love 2

Good Lord. I am at the point where I barely pay attention to this show, so I could have it all wrong, but were Melissa and Teresa snuggling in bed watching a movie? Yea, whatever. I always thought that about 90% of the drama between those two was made up and that they actually spent their off time spray tanning each other in one of their gaudy mansions. Must be true because it takes a long time to get to the snuggling state I think I saw tonight. No way they would be there if they were half as angry with each other as they use to say they were. I cannot believe how terrible this season is.

• Love 2

Ok, so that tidbit about Rino was all kinds of warped. Could it be true?! WTH? 

I wouldn't want to see VG on the show full time. I grew tried of her on her own show, Growing Up Gotti. I wouldn't have minded her in a "Kim G/D" role when Caroline was on--as someone above mentioned--I think she wouldn't have let Don Caro steamroll her. 

I didn't get the "here, your aunt died...have a puppy" thing, but whatever works I guess. Wow, Joe Go really is a 'father figure' to Melissa, as he stated once. lol. "There there, this will make everything better."  Melissa's Italian is just so awkward...like a hybrid of dialect-NY/NJ goomba (more the latter). 

• Love 3

I am so disgusted with Bravo right now.  

If true, clearly Rino and his family have moved past it, which could not have been easy.  It never, ever should have been broadcast.  No one deserves that, even if they signed up for this so-called "reality show". 

If it's not true...well, that's even worse.

And of course, Jim Marchese is tweeting about it. 

Totally disgusted.  I may be done with this show.  

• Love 1

^^Especially since they aired that whole "family Valentine's dinner" scene with the twins' mother making a comment , that I forget now, which sounded very inappropriate in light of that Rino-n-mamma gossip. There was also the bit Theresa said about 'rumors' in her TH as well as Rino screwing around while they were divorced. Blech. 

ETA: I forgot that Amber said in a TH "My husband is an attorney..."  Um...ok. 

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 1

I'm done with this show unless they put Victoria Gotti on...

...and get rid of Melissa & her fake "I'm so sexy" nonsense. Sooo done with Joe & his fake erections & her horse face. 

...and get rid of the rest of the cast.

So in others words, bring back "Growing Up Gotti" & I'm in!

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 5

^^Especially since they aired that whole "family Valentine's dinner" scene with the twins' mother making a comment , that I forget now, which sounded very inappropriate in light of that Rino-n-mamma gossip. There was also the bit Theresa said about 'rumors' in her TH as well as Rino screwing around while they were divorced. Blech.

Bravo (or Sirens) set it up - the nice family dinner, the talk about cheating, followed by the Big Reveal.    I mean, seriously, is nothing off limits?

I get that they signed up for a reality show, and yes, there are certain things that will come up that they probably don't want revealed - but IMO, this crossed a line.  They're messing with lives.

And  - if it IS true - what if Santa's husband and the rest of the family didn't know about it?  That's very conceivable.   Heck, we don't even know if Teresa and Nicole knew about it before it aired. And their kids?????  That's their father and their grandmother.

No one deserved this.

I'm done with this show unless they put Victoria Gotti on...

...and get rid of Melissa & her fake "I'm so sexy" nonsense. Sooo done with Joe & his fake erections & her horse face. 

...and get rid of the rest of the cast.

So in others words, bring back "Growing Up Gotti" & I'm in!

Can we keep Rosie and Joe scenes?

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Bravo (or Sirens) set it up - the nice family dinner, the talk about cheating, followed by the Big Reveal.    I mean, seriously, is nothing off limits?

I get that they signed up for a reality show, and yes, there are certain things that will come up that they probably don't want revealed - but IMO, this crossed a line.  They're messing with lives.

And  - if it IS true - what if Santa's husband and the rest of the family didn't know about it?  That's very conceivable.   Heck, we don't even know if Teresa and Nicole knew about it before it aired. And their kids?????  That's their father and their grandmother.

No one deserved this.

I agree and the twin morons aren't denying it.  They are tweeting pictures of a dog.  Way to treat your parents and children.  This isn't rocket science-you deny it and say the conversation by Victoria Gotti was inappropriate.

I agree and the twin morons aren't denying it.  They are tweeting pictures of a dog.  Way to treat your parents and children.  This isn't rocket science-you deny it and say the conversation by Victoria Gotti was inappropriate.

For the record, Rino has denied it

He tweeted

"This is a salacious story that has been manufactured to cause hurt to my family.  I will not play into this! My wife and my son are my life!"

http://realhousewivesworld.com/2014/08/24/rino-aprea-responds-to-cheating-with-mother-in-law-allegations/

Tonight was a big pile of meh (other than Victoria Gotti saying that Rino slept with his MIL, which had to be the ewww moment of the century)

So Dina has to move on...snooze

Melissa makes a sexy life book for JoGo...snooze

Juicy has a big desk with lots of papers. Was he wearing a smoking jacket?...snooze

Robbie doesn't commit...snooze

Melissa and Joe get a puppy. Were they copying off Tre? Anyway snooze (although the puppy was adorbs)

Rino banged every stripper in Jersey..why am I not surprised..oh yeah snooze

Victoria Gotti looks like a corpse.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 9

Lol. Oh ya...forgot about those two fools...I agree, keep em. 

Only if they're together. Rosie on her own tends to get melancholic, and Joe with everyone else tends to get broody, but they go together like Ham and Cheese. Or maybe prosciutto and formaggio. Either way, it's a good pairing.

• Love 4

I'd rather see the Gorgas than the newbies but I still think they are total posers and phonies. Melissa didn't make that book so Joe would know what he was missing at home while he's at work  - she did it so she could show off to the audience. If she wasn't on this show Joe would never have received such a gift. We've seen her shoving away his sexual advances for all the years she's been on the show. Why would she encourage him, lol? Speaking of being posers, I LOL'ed at Joe talking about buying more buildings. They can't even afford to build their house (which still hasn't broke ground) and owe creditors from lawsuits. Where did he get the money or credit to buy buildings? He himself said a couple episodes ago that he spent all their money on the shredding truck. They need to keep better track of their lies.

Teresa gets a dog so Meliisa has to get a dog. I think Teresa was telling the truth when she said Melissa has been copying her for years.

I loved the shots of the dashunds.

If Melissa's aunt had died of something other than cancer Amber probably wouldn't have come over to console her. Once she found out it was cancer she saw an opportunity to once again talk about her cancer. In case we forgot. Oh - and in case we also forget, she reminded us that Jim is an attorney.

I hope Tre got Gia's permission to read her letter on the show. She's had enough of her privacy invaded during what for her is a horrible, horrible time in her life.

Milania looks like she's going to have Joe's build. I noticed the last couple of episodes she's a little chunky. I wonder if it's the stress of what those kids are going through.

I FF'd through DIna's therapy session and most of her V-Day stuff. Boring.

Could the twins and their family put any more pressure on Bobbie to pop the question? Jeez! They haven't even been dating a year!

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 5

Tonight was a big pile of meh (other than Victoria Gotti saying that Rino slept with his MIL, which had to be the ewww moment of the century. 

So Dina has to move on...snooze

Melissa makes a sexy life book for JoGo...snooze

Juicy has a big desk with lots of papers. Was he wearing a smoking jacket?...snooze

Robbie doesn't commit...snooze

Melissa and Joe get a puppy. Were they copying off Tre? Anyway snooze (although the puppy was adorbs)

Rino banged every stripper in Jersey..why am I not surprised..oh yeah snooze

Victoria Gotti looks like a corpse.

Did I miss anything?

Not. A. Thing.

• Love 3

I'd rather see the Gorgas than the newbies but I still think they are total posers and phonies. Melissa didn't make that book so Joe would know what he was missing at home while he's at work  - she did it so she could show off to the audience. If she wasn't on this show Joe would never have received such a gift. We've seen her shoving away his sexual advances for all the years she's been on the show. Why would she encourage him, lol? Speaking of being posers, I LOL'ed at Joe talking about buying more buildings. They can't even afford to build their house (which still hasn't broke ground) and owe creditors from lawsuits. Where did he get the money or credit to buy buildings? He himself said a couple episodes ago that he spent all their money on the shredding truck. They need to keep better track of their lies.

Winnah, winnah,  Chicken Pahm dinnah.

Joe would already be a distant memory if not for the show.

They are soooo phony. Yes, Gorgas, I'm sure you are out buying real estate...ya, that's why you went from a empty NJ villa to the new "rental". Get over yaselves. 

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 5

Teresa thinks Melissa should watch Godfather to learn about family values. I wonder if she was referring to the original Godfather or the Godfather II sequel. For those who haven't seen it, in the sequel Fredo sells out his brother Michael (the new head of the family - i.e.,Godfather, after their dad passes away) so he can be somebody because he feels he was passed over and outshined by Michael. Michael finds out about the betrayal and after their mother passes away he has Fredo killed. He didn't want him killed while their mother was still alive so as not to upset her. I do see some similarities to Tre and Joe here, LOL.

If you haven't seen these movies they are awesome! I like Godfather II sequel better but you need to see the original to fully understand the story.

ETA: I mean similarities between Tre an Joe Gorga re the Godfather sequel.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 4

Anybody know where that wine signing party was with Teresa and Amber?  Victoria Gotti lives on Long Island last I heard.  She was just in the neighborhood?  And really, VG must be desperate for some fame for her to go on the show and tell some story about Rino.  Says a lot about VG.  I feel a little bad for Santa's husband, whether it's true or not.  A line was crossed.

Dina is a snooze fest.  Bravo wanted her back so much.  Haha.  This is what you got.

Was there anything of interest in this episode?  Did I miss something?  I will give credit to Melissa for looking hot.  She did look great at the Valentine's dinner with Joey.  Same for those photos.  Love her or hate her, she does have it going on.

• Love 2
(edited)

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I just have to say that I think I made a mistake when I titled this thread. I just noticed it now. The episode is entitled, "Roses are Red, DNA is Blue", not "...Dina is Blue". Ha ha, Freudian slip? Sorry!

Edited by LuckyBitch

Wonder where Tre's wing doors will end up at.  In Tre's bed?  WTF with that Godfather shit?  What am I missing.  Youz twoz sign these fake documents then youz twoz get happy wife, happy life?  happykitteh, help an old woman out.   However, if I was Tre, I wouldn't be watching Godfather, Scarface ~ I'd be watching that extreme couponing show, Storage Wars, Cops, Teen Mom and god forbid a Dr. Phil once in awhile.

I was nice tonight because it's my birthday and I didn't say one thing about "Lock Up". 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3
(edited)

That's so weird! I started the thread earlier today and I thought I had the title correct. But, I came back to this thread as I was about to watch the episode on my DVR and the episode title (DISH satellite) says "DNA". I thought that was odd and wondered how I messed it up and put "Dina".

But, based on the description, "Dina" sounds correct.

Okay, please ignore my previous post then. Dish has the title messed up. 

(No, I am not drinking, lol)

Edited by LuckyBitch

Amber gets car sick when she's a passenger in a car. But didn't she leave without Theresa? So did they drive separately or was she still sitting there when Victoria was giving the family love advice and I just blocked her out?

• Love 2

This episode was really boring. I found myself multi-tasking and not really paying attention, so I probably missed a lot. A whole lot of nothing. 

What I came away with was:

Amber rushes right over to Melissa's after she lost her aunt to cancer, because you know Amber had cancer too and if anyone can empathize it's her. 

Joe Gorga has no idea where his son goes to school. 

The Gorgas got a new puppy...not long after the Giudices did. Careful. A giant fight might break out over copying at the puppy-naming ceremony. 

Rino slept with his wife's mother. And Amber looked like she struck gold when she heard this story. 

• Love 4

Not sure what to make of that corniness with Melissa and Tre. I agree with whoever above said it feels like maybe the whole fighting storyline has been some BS created to get them ratings. My only doubt in that is that I don't believe either of these chicks could pull off any actual believable acting. hmmm. Snuggling up with your sister-in-law to watch a movie seems kind of odd to begin with. I have 8 sisters-in-law and there isn't a one of them I would cuddle up with for a movie, that just seems odd. (and I love, love love - TM Theresa - my sister-in-laws). Is it just me? 
Although it was odd as hell to see Victoria Gotti on here, I will sheepishly admit that I watched every moment of her Growing Up Gotti show and although I am a grown married woman, I thought her boys were adorable. Over the top and sometimes a little corny but still adorable little charmers. I would LOVE to see what they look like/are doing now. I know she was trying to get them a new show a few years back and I guess it didn't pan out? I felt like a lot of Jersey Shore was a rip off on the Gotti boys- from PaulyD's hair to the clothes, etc. (Not that plenty of people in Jersey don't rock that guido style already) The only way I would consider watching Victoria on this show again would be if she promised to have her boys in her scenes. They would be a hell of a lot more interesting than those Manzo kids ever were. 
As for the gross gossip about Rino and his mother-in-law... dear God, please let it be a sick rumor. That's just not right. I cannot imagine such a thing in a real Italian family where family is everything. I believe he slept around like a dog while they were split up, and I would even believe he cheated. Hell, I would even believe he slept with the other Twin but the mom seems to cross a line that few would cross. And I guess these people better start realizing that a desperate Bravo is open to destroying your family if it gets them ratings so heed the warning before accepting that paycheck. 

Wow, Dina's life is pretty depressing. I don't know if its her own fault and karma and whatnot but its still dismal and sad. She needs to move past Tommy as soon as Lexi is settled in college. Holding on to scraps of the past is not helping her at all. 

• Love 5
Amber gets car sick when she's a passenger in a car. But didn't she leave without Theresa? So did they drive separately or was she still sitting there when Victoria was giving the family love advice and I just blocked her out?

Maybe Short Jim drove her and was waiting outside, like when she had coffee with Nicole. 

• Love 5

I am fascinated that she chooses to look older than her chronological age.  The long, blonde hair ages her twenty years.

At least.  The sad part is she's honestly a pretty lady, with some pretty nice hair of her own.  If you're not going to bother blending your extensions, you shouldn't be allowed to wear them.

Anybody know where that wine signing party was with Teresa and Amber?  Victoria Gotti lives on Long Island last I heard.  She was just in the neighborhood?  And really, VG must be desperate for some fame for her to go on the show and tell some story about Rino.  Says a lot about VG.  I feel a little bad for Santa's husband, whether it's true or not.  A line was crossed.

I wanted to know too.  The banner Tre was standing in front of advertised a place called The Wine Guy.  According to The Google, it's in Smithtown, New York (on Long Island) so I guess Teresa and Amber had gone to Victoria's neck of the woods, she wasn't in theirs. 

For somebody who doesn't want to hear any more gossip Miss Amber sure doesn't mind listening.   

Does anybody know if the puppy Joe brought home was a kind of chow mix?  He was the most adorable looking baby wolf bundle of fur on four legs.

• Love 2
Teresa thinks Melissa should watch Godfather to learn about family values. I wonder if she was referring to the original Godfather or the Godfather II sequel. For those who haven't seen it, in the sequel Fredo sells out his brother Michael (the new head of the family - i.e.,Godfather, after their dad passes away) so he can be somebody because he feels he was passed over and outshined by Michael. Michael finds out about the betrayal and after their mother passes away he has Fredo killed. He didn't want him killed while their mother was still alive so as not to upset her. I do see some similarities to Tre and Joe here, LOL.

Don't forget that at the end of the Godfather II, Michael ends up alone, as he had his brother killed, his other brother was killed also, his sister hates him, but is dependent on him, his wife left him, his parents are dead. Not exactly family values.  

Joe Go's eyes were all crazy when he was asking Antonia if she "liked the puppyyyyyy!"  Those big Gorga frog eyes. Yikes. 

Despite Melissa's "new, kind (with her fambly)" image, she is still a tacky, trashy scrapper IMO. She is always itching to get into the physical fight mixes and she is pretty much wearing the pants with Joe Go. Going  back to the ep with lil Jim, Melissa was all "Get the fuck in the house" etc. It's like she hasn't ever left her wannabe JLo from the Block ways back in her teens/20's. And I cannot take her monochrome "look" seriously. Gold hair, golden skin, all this bronze makeup and highlighter....and golden accents on her clothing, lol. She's way too camera-ready, also with her "lines" IMO. Annoying. I will never warm to her. She reminds me of the bitch in the bar who, if you walk past her the wrong way or she thinks you're looking at 'her man' she will start getting in your face, waving her hands, and jawing. blah

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 12

^^ huh? It says "...Dina is blue" on my episode description.

It said that on my episode description on DirecTV - I was "DNA is BLUE?  What the hell?  Is someone taking a paternity test?"

I think someone slipped on the keyboard "Dina is blue makes a helluva lot more sense.

• Love 1

If Melissa's aunt had died of something other than cancer Amber probably wouldn't have come over to console her. Once she found out it was cancer she saw an opportunity to once again talk about her cancer. In case we forgot. Oh - and in case we also forget, she reminded us that Jim is an attorney.

My favorite stupid Amber line was - cancer is near and dear to my heart.  Near, ok I get it.  DEAR?  Like, you LOVE cancer it's the greatest thing ever?  Shut up.

• Love 10

I actually do not mind Dina...most of the time.  However, I have a feeling she is repainting her marriage with rose colored glasses.  I remember seeing her wedding special (it was a reality show about big over the top expensive weddings) and her groom was very disinterested in her.  Sometimes you get the feeling that Don Caro and Al brokered this marriage to further connect their families, because they had no connection whatsoever as a couple.

I do know that an edited reality show on a wedding is not a basis to judge realities in a relationship, but they were a bizarre bride and groom.  For the record, their function cost well over a million dollar and I think there were like hundreds of guests.  I wonder where all those friends and family are now as Dina seems so alone?  I can appreciate being a loner, but she could use some good friends who are not her assistants, now that Lexi is going away to college and she is going through a divorce.

Dear Bravo,

Rino sleeping with his wife's mother (even if it was true) was a story line mined by Jerry Springer many years ago.  It does not make for interesting tv and I hope it was not the reason that you cast the twins.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4

I am just wondering what the producers were thinking this year.  Did they go out an intentionally find people who have such salacious pasts?  Because so far the storyline is Dina is going to eventually get divorced but still lives with her husband, and the Giudices have legal woes.  Since both of these were covered in real time it just seems like a ship without a course.  Bringing in a gossip hit woman in the form of Victoria Gotti to hurt a family seems low even by RH standards.  

Wasn't Teresa big lesson last year and apology about being present when someone gossips maliciously about one of her family members?  Although not family members the Giudices seem to enjoy Rino's hospitality.  It just goes to her character as someone who exploit somebody else for her own gain.  Teresa storyline is she has legal bills and her businesses are tanking.  I am sorry but I think the Teresa brand arc was a naturally occurring business occurrence.  Her last book bombed because Teresa oversaturates the market.  Teresa be it her hair, her books written by another, or her choices of food to push or the soda pop wine have limits. 

• Love 1

Jim Marchese (fake attorney at law, whale vagina douche) is delighting in the Santa rumors and does not appear to give a single solitary fuck about the grandmother he is slut shaming. I've compiled some especially bitchy moments, but my favorite is his wisdom for the kids, which in addition to being incredibly trite uses "crasp" instead of grasp (or possibly instead of craps, which is what I am hoping):

James Marchese
‏@JLMarchese111
Quote for kids: marshmallows on campfire:
The treat is your prize, get to close & it will burn, but know boundaries & reward is in ur crasp!

Moving on:

James Marchese @JLMarchese111  ·  11h
Quote of the night: Call me names for not hanging with the boys, but at least I am not a mother(in-law)F**CKER  #RHONJ #RHONJ IQ 12.
Retweeted by James Marchese

LovinLife @Evrynameisgone  ·  12h
I guess when Rino heard Santa say "Ho Ho Ho" he thought that was his invite...#RHONJ #MerryChristmas

Mona Nanni @McMona007  ·  12h
@NYCTRISH2 Rinos eyebrows are so over waxed too!! #RHONJ lol

Bea @sweeetbea  ·  8h
I wonder if the twins are parked outside Victoria Gotti's house?? *snicker #rhonj

Julia Sule @JuliaMadelyn  ·  14h
Can Bravo send me to therapy after hearing that Rino slept with his mother in law... #RHONJ

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

^^Yeah, Jim really has no idea about how Reality tv works....I've never even seen a Ho'wife get so low and sooooo consistently on social media ....maybe Tamra Barney comes close, but Jim takes twitter pot-shots to a new level. 

• Love 6