Type keyword(s) to search

Manzo'd With Children - General Discussion

• Start Topic

How was Andy demoted? Please clue me in!!!!

I think he went from being head honcho at bravo to being just an executive producer.  Here's a gossipy account of it, but I also remember seeing a few more detailed reports. This account however makes brilliant use of andy gifs

http://allaboutthetea.com/2014/07/03/andy-cohen-demoted-from-bravo-executive-vice-president-position/

I'm embarrassed to see how much I know about these shows.

Edited by nyxy

I have no idea how many episodes I missed, but I'm on Lauren and Albie fighting and I just want to hit Lauren with a wheel of Gouda. She's so fucking annoying.

As a woman in my late 20s living with my older brother I have first hand experience over how who you brother dates is NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.  You don't like the girl, talk shit about her with your mother like any normal daughter.  It's not difficult.

• Love 7

What's that saying about the acorn not falling far from the tree?

Lauren with her antagonistic, vitriolic, domineering attitude, and ever present sourpuss bitch face, you don't have to look very hard to see who she took after. She even got the counter wiping gene.

God I would hate having to deal with her in a family, work, or any other kind of environment. She is one piece of work. I feel sorry for Vito.

And Caroline's hair looked like shit the whole episode.

Edited by parrotlover
  • Love 5

Caroline reminds me of a line in Jane Austen about a titled woman who would "scold her tenants into harmony and prosperity."

Which is why Jane Austen is so great. There really are people like this;

people who shout and shake their forefingers at their adult children as though it's a talisman. The woman is four kinds of idiot and no kind of parent.

I love watching this!

• Love 2

So Al thinks they raised their kids to be near perfect. Did I actually hear that come out of his mouth? That little convo in the bedroom between he and Caroline made me want to hurl.  Holy shit, these people are delusional. 

• Love 4

Chris doesn't bring girls around because he looks like a goblin and not in a cute way either.

And doesn't have much going for him in regards to personality. His humor is vulger, no job we can see. He pretty much languishes on the couch, making asshole jokes about his fambily.

• Love 3

I think he went from being head honcho at bravo to being just an executive producer.  Here's a gossipy account of it, but I also remember seeing a few more detailed reports. This account however makes brilliant use of andy gifs

http://allaboutthetea.com/2014/07/03/andy-cohen-demoted-from-bravo-executive-vice-president-position/

I'm embarrassed to see how much I know about these shows.

The article still doesn't explain why he was demoted. I wish I knew what he did to piss off who ever.

I thought that I was an episode behind but apparently not. 

Wow.  So with three adult children that he is still financially supporting, Al Sr. really thinks that he raised his kids perfectly?  This man is drunk.

Lauren needs to get her ass kicked by someone big.  Hopefully that is a filming day.

Totally on Albie's side, especially when he told Lauren that she thinks she can say whatever she wants about everyone and thinks it's okay because they're siblings.

• Love 4

Ewh, Caroline shaving?  I do not believe this is something she does on a regular basis, it's a comment that came up years ago that she is riffing on to create a moment for The Soup and to get some attention for her pathetic show.  What a fool.  Get some dignity, Caroline.  I hate to tell you this, but your children are not going to be reality television personalities.  They may (gasp) have to get real jobs.

Lauren is such a tool.  Albie throwing his glass was overplaying the scene a bit much though.  Calm down, losers.  Don't oversell your scripted fights, especially when they are all predicated on the fact that Albie is heterosexual.

• Love 4

I feel the need to confess the fact I think Albie is cute, and has a nice smile. I don't think he lacks personality , but is just a quiet guy in a loud family. He gets in trouble by trying to be something he is not. I wonder what kind of pressure he got to try and go to law school in the first place. I hope he finds his way.

"Free Albie!"

• Love 2

Al's way to control his kids is to cut off the financial gravy train. Behave or no money. Since they don't, can't or won't work, it's a successful method of getting them to straighten out.

Caroline doesn't like /can't get to know Brittany because of her tits and ass? I thought she was dressed no more revealingly than Lauren, Tshirt and shorts, just that Lauren had a breast reduction. But Brittany's tits weren't hanging out if her shirt.or were her shorts too shorty short. Laughed when Albie remarked that he has concerns over her motives for being with him.

Yeah Albie, TV. That's what she's interested in, not hanging around your moms kitchen, tossing ham.

• Love 5

I couldn't sleep last night.  While flipping channels, I caught the scene of Caroline shaving her face.  I get that she's trying to distinguish herself from the other housewives by being "more real", not having to be shown in full makeup at all times with her hair done, but what woman shaves her whole damn face?  And does it on camera?  And tries to pretend that it is somehow normal?  Al telling her to take her clothes off and get in bed while she still had shaving cream on her upper lip and chin was masterful.  If she was going to try to act like this was perfectly normal, he was going to one up her fuckery.  I can only hope they burn off the remaining episodes of this crapfest and we never think of it again.  

• Love 7

Al talks too much on this show. I liked quiet Al better. Well, I guess they all talk too much, really! Are we supposed to like them??

Thank you. Al pontificating on his parenting skills and achievements made me nauseous. This is the same Al who couldn't be bothered to drive the 5-10 miles home nightly and spent the bulk of his children's childhoods in an apartment over the Brownstone. And since he NEVER changed his address legally from Paterson to Franklin Lakes, if he now tries to say he was living there, he admits that the reason he never changed it was to commit voter fraud and to obtain a position at the Water Commission that offered FREE health benefits. Another crook. Interesting that of all of the cast, he says the least about Joe and Tre's crimes. Probably a smart thing. No one wants the IRS to start looking into their books too closely.

• Love 6

"The boys" are getting long in the tooth.  The other thing that struck me last night was how old the golden child, er exalted one, er bearer of the holy penis, um Albie looks.  He is 28 going on 42.  Sheesh.  For a guy making money by doing nothing except being on this silly show, he sure looks like stress has worn him down.  He is aging fast.  

Chris however continues to blossom.  That is, he is spreading wider and wider every day, especially in the face.  This is one rough looking crowd.  Glad I don't have HD. 

• Love 4

I just saw a rerun with the Lauren and Albie fight.  Lauren was ridiculous.  She's being just as mean as all those girls were to her when she was growing up, when she was overweight, etc.   She doesn't even know the girl, yet she's judging her.  Same with Caroline.  

And hey, Lauren, the surest way to make Albie want to be with his girlfriend even more is for you to criticize her.  Just let them be and if she's not the right one, it won't work out.  

Albie can date whomever he wants.  End of story.  And if Lauren continues the same nasty attitude, Albie does not have to associate with her.  He can be cordial at family gatherings, but he does not have to hang out with her.  Not everyone in every family gets along or actually want to hang out together on a regular basis, and it's ok.  It's better than arguing all the time.

No girl either son brings home will be good enough for Caroline.  

• Love 1

The most interesting thing in this stupid scripted show was the bread holder over Lauren's shoulder in the Albie kitchen scene. A bread basket? A monkey bowl? I've never see anything like it.

• Love 5

Lauren's debate technique: Start it. Bring up what "always happens" which apparently is poor Lauren being mistreated for being right because everyone else is a douche and an asshole. Never STFU to let Albie talk. Claim the person who actually started it is Albie for getting upset at Lauren's totally legitimate complaint that Albie date someone she approve of so her future children can have a playdate.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

I caught another few minutes of this sh*t fest. It involved Caroline saying that Brittany girl "could be the nicest kid but I can't get passed the T an' A". First of all, ew...Second, at least this Brittany girl can't really be an actual dating interest of Al's, (right???) just brought in for the story because damn this is harsh to do to someone especially under the guise of "real", and Third: What the hell? That's outright admitting you're just judging on looks and her job (Ringgirl? Did I hear that right in the previously?) I couldn't sit this through til' the end of the episode, at any point does Caroline get called on how wrong that is?  Imagine if it had been said "she could be the nicest kid, I just can't passed the extra weight", would Caroline dare say it? Would Andy be marketing these wacky people, without calling them to WWHL to explain such a thing? And seriously, Al and Caroline have paid for their own daughter to have work done... but this girl should be judged on just being attractive?

And Lauren, herself, shouldn't have a relationship with anyone. What's her problem? That Brittany is prettier than she is, even after mommy and daddy paid for her to have work done? That Brittany shows off her body, as if Lauren hasn't gone on a Weekly Tabloid bragging about her "new body." How would the Manzo's act if Vito's parents thought to judge Lauren by the fact the most "work" she's done in the past few years is "cosmetic surgery work." At least this girl might have real employment. 

Just when I think I couldn't possibly hate these people more....Christ.

At least I got to see Lauren wipe down the counter! That's when I shut it, to go out on a high note. Vito, these people officially couldn't be clearer what your future looks like, what you do with this information, now, is totally up to you. But please choose carefully.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 6

I caught another few minutes of this sh*t fest. It involved Caroline saying that Brittany girl "could be the nicest kid but I can't get passed the T an' A". First of all, ew...Second, at least this Brittany girl can't really be an actual dating interest of Al's, (right???) just brought in for the story because damn this is harsh to do to someone especially under the guise of "real", and Third: What the hell? That's outright admitting you're just judging on looks and her job (Ringgirl? Did I hear that right in the previously?) I couldn't sit this through til' the end of the episode, at any point does Caroline get called on how wrong that is? Imagine if it had been said "she could be the nicest kid, I just can't passed the extra weight", would Caroline dare say it? Would Andy be marketing these wacky people, without calling them to WWHL to explain such a thing? And seriously, Al and Caroline have paid for their own daughter to have work done... but this girl should be judged on just being attractive?

And Lauren, herself, shouldn't have a relationship with anyone. What's her problem? That Brittany is prettier than she is, even after mommy and daddy paid for her to have work done? That Brittany shows off her body, as if Lauren hasn't gone on a Weekly Tabloid bragging about her "new body." How would the Manzo's act if Vito's parents thought to judge Lauren by the fact the most "work" she's done in the past few years is "cosmetic surgery work." At least this girl might have real employment.

Just when I think I couldn't possibly hate these people more....Christ.

At least I got to see Lauren wipe down the counter! That's when I shut it, to go out on a high note. Vito, these people officially couldn't be clearer what your future looks like, what you do with this information, now, is totally up to you. But please choose carefully.

Interesting new look tonight. Albie and Mom go to a gym and get in the ring together.

Lauren admits that "Cafface" is a stupid name. Her alternative is almost worse though.

Brittany wears one of those tops that are slashed in the middle and Caroline makes gagging noises.

Interesting new look tonight. Albie and Mom go to a gym and get in the ring together.

Lauren admits that "Cafface" is a stupid name. Her alternative is almost worse though.

Brittany wears one of those tops that are slashed in the middle and Caroline makes gagging noises.

Why do I think Lauren probably sold tops like that in Cafface? Why do I think Lauren would wear tops like that if she looked like Brittany?

Why does Albie have a life coach? Why is Christopher always lounging around trying to be court jester?

Why do I watch this? Why?

• Love 5

Why do I think Lauren probably sold tops like that in Cafface? Why do I think Lauren would wear tops like that if she looked like Brittany?

Why does Albie have a life coach? Why is Christopher always lounging around trying to be court jester?

Why do I watch this? Why?

I can only speak for me, but this is pretty entertaining idiocy, unlike the mostly boring NY and NJ shows this year.

• Love 2

Sadly the only one who seems to be taking this thing seriously is Albie. He's putting his whole heart and soul into it.  He doesn't look very well either, very thin and pale.

What a burden to be the golden child. All that pressure to be perfect and succeed. Even Chris is locked into his role as the funny but dumb guy. Lauren has it easy. They couldn't care less what she does and don't really expect much from her.  She's opening a new store? On mommy's dime again?  What a waste of time and $$$. Once she's married and pumps out a kid or two, she'll spend her days at Caroline's kitchen island bitching and complaining and talking trash about whoever crossed her path that day. She's a miserable piece of work. Much like her mother.

• Love 7

I would pay money to see Albie stare at Caroline and tell her she had 24 hours to fix it with the siblings SHE'S not speaking to. Her head would spin around so fast it would break her neck. Go on Albie you know you wanna.

• Love 5

Albie was 100% in the right. Lauren went out there to pick a fight. IMO she's playing for the camera. If Caroline and Albert really did the ALMOST PERFECT job raising their children as Albert said they did, there wouldn't have been any argument to start with. Albie's choice of GF is none of Lauren's business. Unless she's a fugitive from justice or a convicted child molester, IT"S NONE OF HER BUSINESS.  Maybe Albie should have told her, that he thinks she could do better Vito. Actually maybe that's Lauren's problem....Albie has himself a hot piece of ass and she's got out of shape Vito.

I'm not meaning that as a criticism of Vito at all. He seems like a really nice guy and good material for a husband and baby daddy. He could do so much better than that miserable lazy twat. 

• Love 5

Ratings do not look very good.   RHNJ had a 1.1 rating.  Manzo'd lost more than half of the RHNJ viewers.

0.8/0.7  first two episodes

0.6        last week

0.4        this week                     

• Love 3

Okay, I was folding laundry and ended up watching this show. Ugh! Ugh!

First of all, I can't believe I was agreeing with Albie on why he was upset in his conversation with Lauren. It really was all about her. Sure, maybe this isn't the right girl for him, but other than me having a feeling she was brought in for the show, there is nothing wrong with two people having fun with each other as long as they are on the same page about it. Sure, I don't think it is good to meet a guy's parents while you are sitting on his lap, I think the polite thing would have been to at least stand up. But don't force a relationship talk unless it looks like 1) She is bad for him (which there is not indication or 2) They are more serious and you have legitimate concerns. But so far, the concerns are "she is hotter looking than I am."

Also, I don't understand the Caroline shaving her face. I know for those of us unlucky enough to have facial hair (sigh) and are getting expensive laser hair treatments (sigh again), it is recommended to shave between appointments. Part of the goal is to get your hair during its growth cycle, and if you pluck or wax in between, then you will have all your hairs on different growth cycles and the treatment is not as effective. The treatment works best for dark hair on light skin, which might be what Caroline has given her Italian roots and darker hair in the younger picture (unless she dyed it). Why not get laser treatment done instead? Like others said, there are so many better ways to exfoliate your face, and if shaving kept the wrinkles at bay, then why do we have wrinkly older men?

• Love 1

Also it isn't as if she can't afford fancy face treatments if she's off paying for Lauren to have her body overhauled. A few facials or a chemical peel are a lot cheaper than Lap Bands and breast reductions. Which, chances are, will be for naught once Lauren gets pregnant. And chances are if her body is meant to be larger being pregnant and giving birth will probably cause it to revert to its more natural state. In which case, Lauren will probably insist Vito pay for more cosmetic surgery. Ugh.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 2

I feel the need to confess the fact I think Albie is cute, and has a nice smile. I don't think he lacks personality , but is just a quiet guy in a loud family. He gets in trouble by trying to be something he is not. I wonder what kind of pressure he got to try and go to law school in the first place. I hope he finds his way.

"Free Albie!"

Sigh, I'm with you on this one.  And as long as we're confessing, I also think Chris' random intros "previously on..." are funny.  I laugh every time.

"Free Albie!"

Albie is free to leave whenever he wants.  I suspect his life coach has told him as much. He needs to put some distance between himself and his family (actually his mother) and find out what he wants to do or be on his own. He was told he was going to be a lawyer from a young age and he clearly couldn't cut it. Whether he really has a learning disability or not... I don't know. I'm guessing it was a convenient bit of fiction Caroline created to cover up his failure. Caroline is determined that her kids "set the world on fire" . It seems like Albie is busy rubbing those two sticks together but ain't nothing happening yet. It looks like none of the children have any interest in running the Brownstone and that's a shame but I wonder if in the end that just where Albie and Chris end up.  Caroline really has not prepared them for the real world at all,

• Love 3

Sigh, I'm with you on this one.  And as long as we're confessing, I also think Chris' random intros "previously on..." are funny.  I laugh every time.

I'm am along for the ride with y'all on Albie.  He has always been cute to me but I can say that lately he looks sick.  Something is going on with him.  He looks so gaunt to me.

As for Chrittofer, I laughed at the last opening when he was walking "down" the stairs behind the couch.  That move never fails to make me laugh.  What can I say, I'm a BIG Three Stooges fan.  

• Love 1

I think this came up very early on in the show, maybe season 1/early season 2.

At the time, she commented on how she shaved her face every morning and Al had seen her doing it once.

I totally agree.  No judgment here on facial hair but damn...she now says she's been engaging in this activity for 12 years.  

I can't help but wonder, after 12 years of daily shaving, wouldn't one develop the dreaded "5 o'clock shadow" effect as many men have?I would think after 12 years, shaving morning *and* evening might be a necessity.

There are so many other options for facial hair removal that I can't imagine ever grabbing Mr. Persnickety's razor and shaving my face.  I'll stick to waxing.

As for the exfoliating effect...well, there are literally hundreds of other less extreme methods readily available that seem much more appropriate than a Gilette razor and shaving cream.

I dunno...just weird, IMO.

But then again, I once read where Christie Brinkley used (presumably clean and unused) cat litter to exfoliate her face.

Different strokes and all, but I'll stick with my razor-free forms of hair removal and exfoliation.  I'm old-fashioned that way, I guess.  

Personally, I would much prefer  to hear about Christie's beauty secrets than Caroline. I swear Christie has a portrait in her attic that is aging. 

• Love 1

I'm am along for the ride with y'all on Albie.  He has always been cute to me but I can say that lately he looks sick.  Something is going on with him.  He looks so gaunt to me.

As for Chrittofer, I laughed at the last opening when he was walking "down" the stairs behind the couch.  That move never fails to make me laugh.  What can I say, I'm a BIG Three Stooges fan.  

I can't believe he has a life coach. I would imagine Caroline is freaking out that she will tell him (and it appears she is) that he needs to get some distance between the family and himself.

I kinda feel for Albie, more than the other two, if only because Caroline expects so much from him and literally nothing from the others. And sadly he's pretty much failed at everything he's tried to do, yet she makes excuse after excuse for him. The Brownstone wasn't good enough for her Albie, but fine for Christopher (who will probably end up there as head valet eventually). Lauren is being humored until they can dump her on Vito and she starts picking fights with his mom and sister. But Albie, unless he gets out from under Caroline's skirt and "manzos up" will be forever trying to achieve the success Caroline thinks he should. Just being happy and productive isn't enough for her Albie, he needs to marry another child of privilege and set the world on fire. 

• Love 2

Personally, I would much prefer  to hear about Christie's beauty secrets than Caroline. I swear Christie has a portrait in her attic that is aging. 

OH SNAP!!!!

Didn't make the connection before but perhaps the shaving is a beauty tip Caroline picked up from Christie herself.

Weren't Albie and Alexa Joel, Christie's daughter, supposed "dating" for, like, a hot second?

Maybe Caroline needs to check further in to Christie's "kitty litter exfoliation" routine.

I was thinking about this just the other day, for some reason.  Christie Brinkley always had a very full face, and it seems to be staying that way.  Plumpness in the face always makes people look younger.  Add well-kept skin to the mix, and you've got a winner.

I suspect no women are taking up shaving their face because they looked at Caroline and said, "I want to look like THAT!"

He does CrossFit, right?  That's some hard core working out, and has probably made him really lean, including in his face, making him look gaunt.  Ties into my Christie Brinkley theory.

I can't believe he has a life coach. I would imagine Caroline is freaking out that she will tell him (and it appears she is) that he needs to get some distance between the family and himself.

I kinda feel for Albie, more than the other two, if only because Caroline expects so much from him and literally nothing from the others. And sadly he's pretty much failed at everything he's tried to do, yet she makes excuse after excuse for him. The Brownstone wasn't good enough for her Albie, but fine for Christopher (who will probably end up there as head valet eventually). Lauren is being humored until they can dump her on Vito and she starts picking fights with his mom and sister. But Albie, unless he gets out from under Caroline's skirt and "manzos up" will be forever trying to achieve the success Caroline thinks he should. Just being happy and productive isn't enough for her Albie, he needs to marry another child of privilege and set the world on fire. 

The only way Albie is going to set the world on fire is with gasoline and a lighter.  He seems like a relatively decent guy, but with a parent that expects him to be extraordinary, nothing ordinary will do.  One of my brothers was the golden child who was supposed to elevate our family.  He is now 55, living with our mother and hasn't worked in 7 years.  Everything is beneath him.  If Caroline isn't careful, she'll make that nightmare her reality.  

• Love 6

I was a fan of Big Al's until he went on that "we raised perfect kids" rant. Um, no. You didn't. Chris and Albie seem alright, if not a little lost or lazy....but Lauren is a monster. That is not perfection. I also agree with those who said with Albie being their golden boy, no average career will cut it. He either needs to really distance himself from them to forge his own path or he's going to get so entitled that he will refuse to work at all. Chris seems like he'd make it out ok if the rug were pulled from underneath him, but is content to coast on his mom's coattails til that happens.

• Love 1

I was a fan of Big Al's until he went on that "we raised perfect kids" rant. Um, no. You didn't. Chris and Albie seem alright, if not a little lost or lazy....but Lauren is a monster. That is not perfection. I also agree with those who said with Albie being their golden boy, no average career will cut it. He either needs to really distance himself from them to forge his own path or he's going to get so entitled that he will refuse to work at all. Chris seems like he'd make it out ok if the rug were pulled from underneath him, but is content to coast on his mom's coattails til that happens.

Chris has the Brownstone as his backup. He can always tell Daddy he wants to go back to being a valet there and maybe work up to manager. Albie has already stated he wants nothing to do with the family business. He wants to be an entrepreneur and get rich selling BLK. But its not happening.

I can easily see Crittopher being handed a high-level position at The Brownstone, allowing Big, Dumb Al to retire, and then running the place into the ground.

I don't see Al as that stupid. He took that business over from his father and made a nice living off of it. I think Chris would have to prove himself before being handed the reins. I will say however that although he plays the part of the village idiot, I don't think Chris is dumb. I think he actually is smarter than Albie and definitely light years ahead of Lauren. IMO he realized early on that Caroline didn't expect anything out of him but to entertain her and that since all her hopes  and dreams were riding on Albie, it wouldn't do him any good to outshine the Golden One and that Caroline actually might not appreciate having to face reality about Albie's limitations.

• Love 3

I really shouldn't be commenting since I don't even watch the show, but I love reading the snark. Chris is the only one in this family that seems even remotely happy. He's a quick to laugh kind of guy and I like that. Everyone else is so freakin miserable. With Lauren being the most miserable and everyone else on a sliding scale from there. Anyone that's ever been overweight will know what I'm saying....she is still the miserable fat girl in a skinnier body. Usually that would make me empathize, but she really makes it impossible. She is just awful. I wonder how she can watch herself and not realize what an awful bitch she is. Deep down she must realize she road her family's coat tails onto tv and her new body is the result of a surgeons scalpel.

• Love 3

I don't think Chris is dumb. IMO he realized early on that Caroline didn't expect anything out of him but to entertain her and that since all her hopes  and dreams were riding on Albie, it wouldn't do him any good to outshine the Golden One and that Caroline actually might not appreciate having to face reality about Albie's limitations.

Exactly... which something Lauren failed to learn.I think if Caroline would show her any genuine love, Lauren would calm down. At this point she xhibits behavior that she knows will get her some attention just like any other neglected child.