Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09&E10: The Christmas Spirit (Ghostsmas) Parts 1&2

Neptune
  • Start Topic

The Christmas Spirit Part 1 : When Jay's sister Bela returns to Woodstone Mansion for a holiday visit and brings a male friend, Samantha makes it her mission to spark a holiday romance between them

“The Christmas Spirit: Part One” – In part one of a special one-hour #Ghostsmas episode, Jay’s sister, Bela (Punam Patel), visits Woodstone Mansion and brings along an adoring male friend, inspiring Sam to spark a romance between them in the spirit of the holiday rom-coms she loves. Meanwhile, the ghosts have conjured up a very different holiday plan for Trevor and Bela. Also, Isaac has an awkward encounter with Nigel that forces him to look back on events in his life.

“The Christmas Spirit: Part Two” – In part two of a special one-hour #Ghostsmas episode, Sam and Thorfinn get caught in the crossfire as the scheme Jay’s sister, Bela (Punam Patel), and the ghosts have conjured up goes awry. Also, Isaac’s marriage to Beatrice sheds light on how apprehensive he has been in communicating his feelings to Nigel.

image.thumb.jpeg.03e39e357b2c7cda9796734d2a9d7953.jpeg

Edited by Neptune
Part 2
  • Love 3

Ooh, thanks for posting those teasers!

I was hoping that we get to meet jay's parents  - At least his mother. He made a reference to her one time during season 1 when he was in the car with Sam , but I forget the exact episode. Would love to meet the other ghost's  family members too.

And the cholera basement ghosts (especially Nancy!!!).

No new episodes until December15? 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, seasons said:

Ooh, thanks for posting those teasers!

I was hoping that we get to meet jay's parents  - At least his mother. He made a reference to her one time during season 1 when he was in the car with Sam , but I forget the exact episode. Would love to meet the other ghost's  family members too.

And the cholera basement ghosts (especially Nancy!!!).

No new episodes until December15? 

Next new episode on dec 8. 

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

What a wonderful Christmas gift to us viewers from all of those involved with "Ghosts!"

So many great moments to comment on immediately.  Really fun episode.

(And I certainly didn't see the Trevor/Hetty hook-up at the end coming, haha).

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

That was a truly wild ride :p. Sam being possessed by Thor, Eric willingly wanting to be possessed by Trevor to make Bela happy...AND nearly dying in the process! 

I do agree, though, that if Bela's going to be with somebody, it should be someone who's willing to embrace and roll with the wackiness, and given Eric seemed pretty on board with all of that, save for the electrocution, which, fair, well.... I suspect this will not be the last we see of Eric, or his relationship with Bela. I loved the bit with Jay at the train station trying to encourage Eric to come back to the mansion, that whole scene was hilarious XD. 

I also had to laugh at Hetty being all, "I'll wait for the next possession!", 'cause yeah, they sure seem to be racking them up now, don't they :p? First Hetty possessing Jay, then Thor possessing Sam, and then the attempt to have Eric possess Trevor....  

I do like that Thor possessing Sam allowed him to come to appreciate the holiday a little more. I actually said, "Awwwww...." when I saw the gift he'd received for Christmas :). That was sweet. 

And YAAAAAAAAAAAY, Isaac and Nigel, taking that long-awaited next step! How incredibly touching, the idea that Beatrice was by Isaac's side in his final moments. I love the idea of her knowing the truth about him, and being supportive and accepting and loving him to the very end :').

(Ben Franklin stating that he couldn't see any electricity between Isaac and Beatrice in Isaac's dream, though. Damn )

As for THAT moment at the very end, honestly, that didn't surprise me all that much - that pairing has actually taken on quite a little life within the fandom, and I've read a few fics that have really legitimately sold me on it, so I'm fully on board with this. Honestly, I'm just surprised, pleasantly so, that the show is going there :D. Mind, I don't know how long this will last - I can see this just being the result of the holidays and their general sexual frustration getting to them, but if it actually did get more serious, I'd be interested to see where it could go. 

But yeah, quite the note to end the first half of this season on, for sure :D. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 13

I liked it, too, and I usually don't like Christmas episodes. I've also been kind of luke warm on this season of the show generally. But this pair of eps just really worked.

I do have a problem that whenever I see the actor who played Eric, I see Palant, a serial killer from the old Monk TV show. That gave a slightly sinister undercurrent to the goings on!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I’m glad Rose had a chance to exercise the skills she honed on Izombie for the Thor impersonation. 
I’m also loving that had these two ships that looked like they are going to be a slow burn if they happen at all and then toss a third one unexpectedly into high gear

Edited by MarquisDeCarabas
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I thought Hetty couldn’t see or hear the other ghosts when she possessed Jay, so I expected the same with Sam and Thor; was Thor able to because Sam already had that power? The episodes didn’t go the way I expected especially with Thor possessing Sam but it was a lot of fun

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Skooma said:

Since the canon here is that ghosts have to wear what they were wearing when they died it always seemed weird Issac was in a fancy dress uniform when he died in the wilderness of dysentery.  It was a sweet way to tie up that loose end tonight.  And the attention to details like this again shows the quality and care the writers put into this show.

17 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

How incredibly touching, the idea that Beatrice was by Isaac's side in his final moments. I love the idea of her knowing the truth about him, and being supportive and accepting and loving him to the very end :').

8 minutes ago, phalange said:

A lot of people were wondering why Isaac was wearing his clean uniform if he died of dysentery, but it was Beatrice who changed him.

This also explains why Isaac doesn't stink of dysentery by-products.  She must have given him a sponge bath, in addition to changing his clothes.  The other ghosts really owe her.  Of course, there's a pretty fair chance that Beatrice contracted dysentery after taking care of Isaac.

On the other hand, I don't think someone who momentarily died through electrocution and was then resuscitated should be sent to bed.  He should be taken by ambulance to the hospital to check out his heart.

• Like 10
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I thought Hetty couldn’t see or hear the other ghosts when she possessed Jay, so I expected the same with Sam and Thor; was Thor able to because Sam already had that power? The episodes didn’t go the way I expected especially with Thor possessing Sam but it was a lot of fun

Yep, that was the reason.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I am going to enjoy rewatching this double episode throughout the Xmas/Hanukkah season and hopefully for many more!

Hopefully a meme will quickly pop up of Sass's (and Trevor's) overjoyed faces when Eric agrees to let Trevor possess him so Trevor and Bela can hook up.
If it's not out before Christmas Eve, I'll make it myself.

19 minutes ago, phalange said:

Rose McIver was hilarious playing Sam possessed by Thor. When Sam-as-Thor opened the Christmas present she got him, it was obvious how much he loved it. 

I really appreciated and was touched by Rose McIver actually tearing up with reddened eyes rather than the fake eyedrop tears so often used on Christmas and other schmaltzy shows and movies. 
Great acting, writing, and everything on this show.

16 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I do have a problem that whenever I see the actor who played Eric, I see Palant, a serial killer from the old Monk TV show. That gave a slightly sinister undercurrent to the goings on!

I know what you mean, although Palant was a serial killer on Bones, not Monk, but Andrew Leeds (Eric) was a heartwarming character on Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist, which any lover of Ghosts would likely enjoy.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
31 minutes ago, possibilities said:

It always takes me a bit to place him for some reason, then it's Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist (Zoey's brother) and A Million Little Things (predator music teacher). (Christopher Pelant was Bones, though.)

30 minutes ago, phalange said:

Eric must really like Bela to be willing to be electrocuted and possessed for her. He legitimately died for a minute there!

And he was so good natured about being dead!

20 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

On the other hand, I don't think someone who momentarily died through electrocution and was then resuscitated should be sent to bed.  He should be taken by ambulance to the hospital to check out his heart.

I was thinking the same thing. No, you call 911!!! One of them should have started CPR while the other called 911 while going to get the defibrillator.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Agreed. Course, these are the same people who got chewed out by EMTs for carrying Todd's body out of the mansion after he fell ill with food poisoning and they thought they'd killed him, so...at least this response is on brand for them :p? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Wonderful episode!  Jay is really the unsung hero of the series.  He’s the last to know things, but that hasn’t upset his equilibrium.  We should all have a Jay-type in our lives.

But Sass and Trevor are so fiendishly clever together, and Flower’s claw marks seemed deeper tonight.  Did I hear correctly: did one of the ghosts tell Sam/Thor to weigh Eric down and dump him with Trevor?

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, ams1001 said:
32 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I was thinking the same thing. No, you call 911!!! One of them should have started CPR while the other called 911 while going to get the defibrillator.

Oops! I was so in the Ghosts zone I missed this real world plot hole. 
But never mind that Eric should have been taken to the hospital to get checked out, shouldn't he be able to see ghosts now???!!!

• Like 4
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, nora1992 said:

But Sass and Trevor are so fiendishly clever together, and Flower’s claw marks seemed deeper tonight.  Did I hear correctly: did one of the ghosts tell Sam/Thor to weigh Eric down and dump him with Trevor?

I totally missed that! Dark! 😄

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Thanks for the correction on Palant being on Bones. I watched that show, too, obviously!

I don't even remember who he played on Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist. I guess the Palant imprinting is very strong in me!

I wonder if they'll  have a possession storyline once in every season. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

The guy playing Eric looked familiar to me, too, but I've never seen "Bones" or "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist", so I looked it up and he has made a few appearances in other shows I watch. He was recently on a few episodes of "The Conners", playing a guy named Nick. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

The guy playing Eric looked familiar to me, too, but I've never seen "Bones" or "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist", so I looked it up and he has made a few appearances in other shows I watch. He was recently on a few episodes of "The Conners", playing a guy named Nick. 

I forgot about that! And I probably did the same "where do I know him from" thing when he showed up there. 

34 minutes ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

I’m a huge fan of the show, but really didn’t care for Thor possessing Sam, even tho I loved the episode when Hetty possessed Jay.  I was disappointed with the episode, was it the other writer?

It was kind of funny but I don't need it to happen again. I'd be all in for another round of hijinks with Hetty/Jay, though.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Part One:
Andrew Leeds (Eric)
Punam Patel (Bela)
Jaden Zachary Goetz (Blick Johnstone)
Part Two:
Hillary Anne Matthews (Beatrice)
Neil Crone (Ben Franklin)
Christian Daoust (Jenkins)
Josee LaViolette (Nurse)
Nicholas Mongiardo-Cooper (Boston Guy)

ghosts-cbs-season-2-christmas-spirit.jpg

Next New Episode: January 5, 2023 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I like this show-- a lot, even. But I have to say I don't like Sam. I don't know what happened! She is by far and away the weakest link for me.  So the second ep was lost of me but I LOVED Isaac and Nigel's first kiss. And may have said "Get it, son." to Hetty right out loud. Lady needs some relief she's been getting slowly but surely all sexed up all season! She needed somewhere for all that fire to go 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 12/15/2022 at 10:36 PM, possibilities said:

I don't even remember who he played on Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist.

He played Zoey's brother.  He was an assistant DA who decided to stay home with his and his wife's new baby.  He also recently played Steve Carrel's son in The Patient.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:36 PM, possibilities said:

I wonder if they'll  have a possession storyline once in every season. 

I hope they don't.  I know it's a sitcom, but Sam and Jay took a risk allowing Eric to electrocute himself, and they actually lost, since he died.  Only because it is a sitcom was Thor able to revive him.  Wouldn't Sam and Jay have felt forever responsible for his death, along with Bela and Trevor?  It was irresponsible to let Eric do it, and they would be actual criminals if they convinced/allowed someone else to do it. 

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2

I loved this episode. Thor possessing Sam was hilarious. I felt sorry for Sass watching everyone die he was there when Isaac died and Trevor too. The ending was so sweet. Rose McIver should get an Emmy for playing Thor.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I hope they don't.  I know it's a sitcom, but Sam and Jay took a chance allowing Eric to electrocute himself, and they actually lost, since he died.  Only because it is a sitcom was Thor able to revive him.  Wouldn't Sam and Jay have felt forever responsible for his death, along with Bela and Trevor?  It was irresponsible to let Eric do it, and they would be actual criminals if they convinced/allowed someone else to do it. 

They also need to do something about that light if you can so easily get zapped by it. Makes me wonder how they got permits for the place.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I hope they don't.  I know it's a sitcom, but Sam and Jay took a chance allowing Eric to electrocute himself, and they actually lost, since he died.  Only because it is a sitcom was Thor able to revive him.  Wouldn't Sam and Jay have felt forever responsible for his death, along with Bela and Trevor?  It was irresponsible to let Eric do it, and they would be actual criminals if they convinced/allowed someone else to do it. 

But it is just that.  A TV sitcom.  Two fictional characters are not going to be written into a scenario where they cause a "real" death of another fictional character then feel really bad about it. 

Maybe a "real" death for laughs like on Seinfeld a few times (do NOT lick cheap envelopes, people) or Fawlty Towers (what was Basil's body count by the end of that limited, short run?).  But not something heavy and serious.  Because, again, it is a sitcom.

And doing "irresponsible" things in a sitcom?  Yes, all the time otherwise these shows on TV would cause us all to "die" ... of boredom.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, South said:

Isaac would have said “well done!”, had he heard my multiple gaspasms through the episode.  

I was talking about that ending with Trevor and Hetty with someone at the subreddit, and was like, "The ONE time Isaac's not at the mansion for a gasp-worthy moment...!" :p.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

This also explains why Isaac doesn't stink of dysentery by-products.  She must have given him a sponge bath, in addition to changing his clothes.  The other ghosts really owe her.  Of course, there's a pretty fair chance that Beatrice contracted dysentery after taking care of Isaac.

11 hours ago, phalange said:

A lot of people were wondering why Isaac was wearing his clean uniform if he died of dysentery, but it was Beatrice who changed him. She obviously cared about him, and would want him to be happy with Nigel. Aww. 

11 hours ago, Skooma said:

Since the canon here is that ghosts have to wear what they were wearing when they died it always seemed weird Issac was in a fancy dress uniform when he died in the wilderness of dysentery.  It was a sweet way to tie up that loose end tonight.  

11 hours ago, Annber03 said:

How incredibly touching, the idea that Beatrice was by Isaac's side in his final moments. I love the idea of her knowing the truth about him, and being supportive and accepting and loving him to the very end :').

When Sass told that story, I actually didn't believe him - the battlefield angel appearing - and how could it not have come up in 250 years? I thought Sass was just saying what Isaac needed to hear to move on. 

But, it does explain the clothes - I'll give everyone that.

And on another note - the tucking your sweater into the front of your jeans? Sam and Bela both did it. My wife says it's a thing. I'm not sold on it, though!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
On 11/24/2022 at 1:00 AM, enduringforce said:

Awe, I think I saw Sam give Sas a Pizza for Chirstmas because he love the smell of it. This show is so awesome!

And giving Thor the Viking longship in a bottle.  No, I'm not crying.  It's allergies, I tell ya, allergies.

30 minutes ago, highway61 said:

And on another note - the tucking your sweater into the front of your jeans? Sam and Bela both did it. My wife says it's a thing. I'm not sold on it, though!

I haven't seen her do it with sweaters, but a coworker does that with other shirts all the time.  It's a look.  Not one I care for but it exists in the real world.

• Like 9
  • Love 4

How come Eric couldn't see the ghosts after his near death experience (besides throwing a monkey wrench into the cast dynamic)?

Thorfin produced a Solstice miracle for Eric through the power of Odin! I've heard that it's like putting the filling back in an enchilada (from Gods of Arr-Kelaan).

Why do they have to drive through the barrier to disposes someone? Wouldn't a hearty stroll do as well?

Kudos to the promo monkeys for the fake-out with Ben Franklin in the dream sequence. I thought there would be some ghosts of Christmas Past action in the episode.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I'm going with they need the speed to push the ghost out. Walking would not have enough impact.

Rose has enough practice from her iZombie days playing other characters. She did a great job with the voice.

Eric and Pete would get along well. They both spend too much time in the friendzone. But he's definitely unstable to be willing to be electrocuted and possessed to help the girl he likes hook up with a ghost. 

The ghosts should be grateful for Issac's wife cleaning him up and changing his clothes. Otherwise he'd be like the basement ghosts. Also it was nice of Sam to decorate the shed for the British ghosts. So Issac and Nigel could have a first kiss with the Christmas decorations behind them. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, highway61 said:

I remember it being a thing with t-shirts when I was a teenager, but not sweaters.

16 minutes ago, appositival said:

Why do they have to drive through the barrier to disposes someone? Wouldn't a hearty stroll do as well?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe she didn't want to walk in the snow.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I laughed out loud when Jay said “Why would they put an ad on this video??” and “If I yell CLEAR will it know what to do??” Lol. 

I think Thor possessing Sam could have been cringy but Rose McIver did so well with it I thought it turned out funny. 

Brandon Scott Jones (Isaac) has such a wonderfully expressive face, and he really hits his emotional scenes out of the park.

I don’t love the idea of the main ghosts getting involved romantically/sexually with each other. I love them as a supportive group of friends. 

• Like 16
  • Love 2

Who knew the ghosts could sing so well?😆

When Eric got electrocuted I really thought we were gonna get a new ghost for a moment. Thor for the win. 

And as always, Hetty has the best lines: "you pantless son of bitch"😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 7
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, appositival said:

How come Eric couldn't see the ghosts after his near death experience (besides throwing a monkey wrench into the cast dynamic)?

A lot of people have near death experiences and don't end up seeing ghosts. Perhaps there's a confluence of conditions that have to happen. Maybe genetics are involved. I'm fine with it.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2