Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: November 7, 2022

• Start Topic

Everyone loves Rodney.  Eliza was told that Rodney was wonderful and she was so lucky to have him.  Everyone wanted her to pick him over Justin.  Eliza went along with what everyone else wanted.  But deep down it is not what she wanted.  I kind of feel bad for her.  She didn't want to let Rodney and everyone else down.  But she is not happy.  Rodney is the guy that everyone thinks is perfect.  But I wonder how all the other women would feel if they were told to pick him.  They might think he is wonderful for someone else.  I don't really get the huge appeal of Rodney.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Did Eliza (ugh) know Justin before Paradise? I can't believe she's so over the top based on just one date.

I follow most of them on IG .  Honestly it’s all bros lol.  I never see any females I don’t think any of them want to settle down.  If they met before, it was probably at the infamous stagecoach.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Gawd, I’m so glad I didn’t have any problems falling in love with “the nice guy”. 
Rodney would definitely be my vote for Bachelor though I kind of hate to put him through that. 

He should be.  I don't see the franchise doing it because they almost never make the right decision.  But he should be.

Rodney's like their little cult leader it's so funny.  Some of those people look like they want to jump off a bridge.  They love him so much it's hilarious.  I think he's cool too but the drama of it all LOL!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Eliza 4 seconds ago was berating Rodney for not fighting for her 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Someone (last week?) said she was using the "you didn't fight for me" BS as an excuse for her going on the date with Justin in the first place. Rodney was in a lose-lose situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Eliza is no Jason or Arie so I don’t see Justin taking her back like Molly or Lauren. Most of this cast has very little humility, they all believe that if you didn’t pick me, you’re not good enough to come back and expect me to be sloppy seconds. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Shorty186 said:

I wonder why Rodney is so unlucky in love (although being 30 and single isn't the worst. Thing. Evah). Is it because he's the "nice guy?" Everyone on that island loves him, except the one he wanted.

Yes!  He's a nice guy but these Instagram models are not really interested in that

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes!  He's a nice guy but these Instagram models are not really interested in that

Yep, and always going after that type is part of the problem.

So, what’s so great about Justin? I must have missed something. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Applause 3

I knew Eliza was pulling a Mesnick! It was obvious the way it was edited that everyone convinced her to pick Rodney. That’s why she was so torn to begin with because she wanted Justin, but everyone was convincing her to pick Rodney.

okay, I’m kind of surprised that everyone is still crying over Rodney even after the commercial break! I thought all of the hysterics before the break was enough.

Now is Eliza crying because maybe she made a mistake by dumping Rodney?!? Lol. Okay, I guess We’ll see who lives in Baltimore. She keeps saying “him” so it might be either one, but I guess Justin?

They made it seem like Justin isn’t that thrilled to see her. This is a good cliffhanger.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I loved the preview showing Logan’s reaction to Gabby and Rachel…”Just what I need…I already have 5 to 6 exes on the beach”

Put them all together and shake them up!

Is there something special tomorrow night that’s replacing BIP? I don’t want to wait a week!

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Put them all together and shake them up!

Is there something special tomorrow night that’s replacing BIP? I don’t want to wait a week!

The US midterm elections, lol.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 10
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

The US midterm elections, lol.

We’ll just need to pretend it’s our own personal rose ceremonies when we cast our votes. Now I know how Eliza felt. We’ve had our long-standing mayor who has done a decent job but he’s always run unopposed—our Rodney, if you will. Now we have a new guy, our Justin, who I don’t know much about but he is representing the political party that I back. I’m certain, like Paradise, the majority of the community will vote for “Rodney,” so I think I’m going to vote for “Justin” just to make a point.

• LOL 7

After last week, I thought I understood Eliza's point, but she expressed it poorly.

But I was wrong. The only explanations I can come up with for My Sister in Christ Eliza are sinister.

(BTW -- Production, ironically, did the Lord's work in showing that montage of Kate dropping her catchphrase. There wasn't much good out of Kate this week, but she's at least not going to get credit for being a strong Christian to those who care about that.)

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

What was with the my sister in Christ stuff? I can’t stand Kate and dating her would be like dating your fifth grade teacher. I couldn’t believe all the men and women crying over Rodney! He seems like a great guy but I would pick Justin too. Justin is handsome, artistic and seems smart. Rodney is not attractive to me. I’m coming around on liking Logan so I hope he finds someone who likes him and is not “exhausted “ at having to pay her own bills. Yea Kate we all want someone else to pay our bills and gym membership! Is she really upset that Logan can’t afford her expensive gym? Talk about shallow.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Applause 5
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I know, right! What is up with that voice? It just gets my hackles up.

Eliza sure is feeling herself having two guys “fight” for her. At least Rodney can walk out of this with his good reputation intact. 

Maybe we can still have rodney for bachelor!!! He is such a great guy!!!! I wonder how lace feels watching that all play out 😢

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Maybe Justin is a good actor, but he did not look happy when Eliza showed up at his door. Oh, who am I kidding? I'm sure it's completely driven by the producers.

There is no way he wasnt forewarned about this. Not sure where eliza lives but they sent her to baltimore and it was very produced.

10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Eliza 4 seconds ago was berating Rodney for not fighting for her 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Makes me feel worse for lace.

• Love 3

One standing rule for writers is: don’t use the first person, especially the pronoun ‘I.’ With this in mind, this writer tried a water fast for a day. As in no food, no alcohol, just H20. It was surprisingly, remarkably easy. No reason, really, other than a tame self-challenge. Some have taken fasting to extremes eg wrestlers cutting weight claiming to see visions or the youngest brother in Yellowstone freezing his knackers off outdoors waiting for the spirit of nature to appear in the form of a bear or eagle.

No such hallucinations occurred during the day. Then the episode started and the doubt began. This writer saw – or imagined – strange things like Kate repeating herself to the point where the cheeky editors dubbed her canned lines side by side by side. Kate, previously confirmed loved-up, began considering Hayden and his obviously disposable cash as a possible mate. Eliza, clearly preferring Justin, nevertheless sending him home in favor of 25-watt Rodney. Ever-more-bizarre images of Michael & Danielle bouncing on horseback through the streets of Sayulita only to encounter Wells – or his clones – popping up in Zelig-like fashion at various stops along the way. Harrowing Lovecraftian scenes of Wells riding a…burro?

Finally, through the glycogen-deficit haze, appeared Eliza. If the Genevieve-Aaron melodrama was excruciating, long and excruciatingly long, the Eliza-Justin-Rodney triangle was excessive, large and excessively large in terms of screentime. When Justin was dismissed, it was clear that Eliza wanted to go with him, even to jump into his arms in a surprise move that would cause the music composer & audio engineers to empty their supply of cymbals & swelling strings onto the soundtrack. Undeterred, they trot out some sinister, foreboding Jaws-like bass-heavy cacophony as Eliza seeks out Rodney to extinguish his already-sputtering wick.

Indecisive Eliza is eye makeup-free during the day but that doesn’t stop her from obsessively dabbing at nonexistent mascara…22 times according to a rough count at 8x speed, to say nothing of Rodney’s attempts to stanch the flow.  

Rodney hasn’t just tempted fate throughout his ironically-named Paradise experience, he’s dared fate to kick him square between the legs. And it does.

Oh dear – Genevieve made it through nearly an entire episode without tearing up and he’s set her off. A group cry follows although it should be noted that Victoria was in the group but declined to actually cry. She’s a frosty one. Wait, that’s not fair. Maybe she did cry but by then this writer had dozed off.  Lack of food? Perhaps. But boredom seems more likely.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, phlebas said:

Kate was actually funny for a brief second. "I would sooner go for a woman than one of the twins."

Did I say funny?  I meant cruel. My bad.

Kate clearly thinks she is a comedienne.  How many of the women did she ironically address as "my sister in Christ" while saying she liked Hayden's money while Logan couldn't even afford to work out at Equinox? LMAO--not.

Edited by Alexander Pope
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Kate clearly thinks she is a comedienne.  How many of the women did she ironically address as "my sister in Christ" while saying she liked Hayden's money while Logan couldn't even afford to work out at Equinoz? LMAO--not.

Maybe she’s going for the Jim and Tammy Faye Baker vein moreso than the Mother Theresa vein of religion? 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5

There's a real creepy cult mentality this season that's putting me off (along with the million other cringey things these castmembers are doing to put me off). The group cheering in the background every time someone gets a romantic kiss. The group hostility in driving off newcomers. The group celebration when any couple makes up. The group coercion to choose the preferred suitor. The group crying when their most beloved is rejected. I'm expecting some weird Midsommar group orgasm any episode now. Are the bodies of the departed stacked in a barn somewhere? Will the elders (Michael and Danielle) jump off a cliff next? Wild.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, jade.black said:

There's a real creepy cult mentality this season that's putting me off (along with the million other cringey things these castmembers are doing to put me off). The group cheering in the background every time someone gets a romantic kiss. The group hostility in driving off newcomers. The group celebration when any couple makes up. The group coercion to choose the preferred suitor. The group crying when their most beloved is rejected. I'm expecting some weird Midsommar group orgasm any episode now. Are the bodies of the departed stacked in a barn somewhere? Will the elders (Michael and Danielle) jump off a cliff next? Wild.

We should have seen this posse' mentality coming after last year when Joe and the Disgruntled Females chased Chris & Alana, then Brendan & Pieper off the beach.  Maybe that's why they cast Shanae in the first place.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, Rainsong said:

One standing rule for writers is: don’t use the first person, especially the pronoun ‘I.’ With this in mind, this writer tried a water fast for a day. As in no food, no alcohol, just H20. It was surprisingly, remarkably easy. No reason, really, other than a tame self-challenge. Some have taken fasting to extremes eg wrestlers cutting weight claiming to see visions or the youngest brother in Yellowstone freezing his knackers off outdoors waiting for the spirit of nature to appear in the form of a bear or eagle.

No such hallucinations occurred during the day. Then the episode started and the doubt began. This writer saw – or imagined – strange things like Kate repeating herself to the point where the cheeky editors dubbed her canned lines side by side by side. Kate, previously confirmed loved-up, began considering Hayden and his obviously disposable cash as a possible mate. Eliza, clearly preferring Justin, nevertheless sending him home in favor of 25-watt Rodney. Ever-more-bizarre images of Michael & Danielle bouncing on horseback through the streets of Sayulita only to encounter Wells – or his clones – popping up in Zelig-like fashion at various stops along the way. Harrowing Lovecraftian scenes of Wells riding a…burro?

Finally, through the glycogen-deficit haze, appeared Eliza. If the Genevieve-Aaron melodrama was excruciating, long and excruciatingly long, the Eliza-Justin-Rodney triangle was excessive, large and excessively large in terms of screentime. When Justin was dismissed, it was clear that Eliza wanted to go with him, even to jump into his arms in a surprise move that would cause the music composer & audio engineers to empty their supply of cymbals & swelling strings onto the soundtrack. Undeterred, they trot out some sinister, foreboding Jaws-like bass-heavy cacophony as Eliza seeks out Rodney to extinguish his already-sputtering wick.

Indecisive Eliza is eye makeup-free during the day but that doesn’t stop her from obsessively dabbing at nonexistent mascara…22 times according to a rough count at 8x speed, to say nothing of Rodney’s attempts to stanch the flow.  

Rodney hasn’t just tempted fate throughout his ironically-named Paradise experience, he’s dared fate to kick him square between the legs. And it does.

Oh dear – Genevieve made it through nearly an entire episode without tearing up and he’s set her off. A group cry follows although it should be noted that Victoria was in the group but declined to actually cry. She’s a frosty one. Wait, that’s not fair. Maybe she did cry but by then this writer had dozed off.  Lack of food? Perhaps. But boredom seems more likely.

hahahaha. i got so tired of Eliza dabbing at her face I wanted to smack her.lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't think Logan having roommates at 26 is at all odd.  We live in an expensive part of the country and rents are $2500+ a month for a 1 bedroom.   Most people can't afford that alone at 26 esp if they are trying to save for anything or pay off student loans.  

Rodney comes off as a great person but I agree, these IG woman are all looking for a man that works out non-stop to post on their pages.   He'll find a great woman soon but I don't think it'll be in bachelor nation.  

I don't think I've ever seen them follow a contestant home from BIP to go chasing another contestant esp considering Eliza wasn't even on the beach that long.  The whole thing was strange.  

Michael & Danielle getting another date card was just stupid.  Are there no other couples they could have given this to?  

• Applause 3
  • Love 7

Justin icked me out the way he was around Eliza. Seemed they would barely start a conversation and he'd pull her head towards his for a make-out session. He didn't care who it was in front of.  I'm certain he did it deliberately in front of Rodney, to make Rodney feel defeated. It was about Justin claiming his territory. I think Eliza was letting certain body parts dictate her decisions, and I don't mean her head and I don't mean her heart. They won't last and I've lost all respect for both of them.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

Michael & Danielle getting another date card was just stupid.  Are there no other couples they could have given this to?  

I thought this date was arranged just to give Wells some more air time.

I think Wells was promised more time this season after Jessie was made host of BiP. Maybe he was disappointed he didn't get the host role after he filled in part time last year.

He has a friendship with Danelle and now Michael as well. I thought I heard him say he would invite them to his wedding but I don't think that happened.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

Justin icked me out the way he was around Eliza.

Justin creeps me out! He hardly ever smiles! I think he is kind of scary looking - I'm not sure why I feel that way. Maybe because I don't care for beards and his is very heavy and thick. I don't know him from the Bachelorette since I didn't watch Katie's season.
I'm sure he was told Eliza would be knocking on his door but I thought he looked scary mad when he opened it up.

Who ever said that the fight between Shanae and Kate over Logan was fake because they saw them seated together the next day was spot on! Last night we saw the two of them gossiping away about Logan with Shanae giving Kate advice over whether to pick Logan over Hayden!!!

I couldn't believe how obnoxious Kate was when she gave Logan her rose and was glad to see Logan complain about her attitude instead of just taking it. I also could not believe Kate made Hayden FETCH a ball like a DOG. She is one mean and weird BITCH!

59 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

I don't think Logan having roommates at 26 is at all odd. 

I totally agree. Some of the Bachelor guys end up rooming with each other. I think Rodney lives with Nayte (Michelle's ex).

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I totally agree. Some of the Bachelor guys end up rooming with each other. I think Rodney lives with Nayte (Michelle's ex).

Today I read that Rachel is now living with Genevieve.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

What was with the my sister in Christ stuff? I can’t stand Kate and dating her would be like dating your fifth grade teacher. I couldn’t believe all the men and women crying over Rodney! He seems like a great guy but I would pick Justin too. Justin is handsome, artistic and seems smart. Rodney is not attractive to me. I’m coming around on liking Logan so I hope he finds someone who likes him and is not “exhausted “ at having to pay her own bills. Yea Kate we all want someone else to pay our bills and gym membership! Is she really upset that Logan can’t afford her expensive gym? Talk about shallow.

Justin is a fantastic artist 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Justin creeps me out! He hardly ever smiles! I think he is kind of scary looking - I'm not sure why I feel that way.

To me it's the bulging eyes. People with bulging eyes always give me the creeps.

2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Who ever said that the fight between Shanae and Kate over Logan was fake because they saw them seated together the next day was spot on! Last night we saw the two of them gossiping away about Logan with Shanae giving Kate advice over whether to pick Logan over Hayden!!!

That was me. 😊

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

I feel for Justin because I feel like nobody really knows him, he is a blank slate that everyone projects onto because of his wild expressions.  I am just very neutral on him.  Kept wanting to learn more but we might never do.

• Like 1
  • Love 3