Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: November 7, 2022

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

He has a friendship with Danelle and now Michael as well. I thought I heard him say he would invite them to his wedding but I don't think that happened.

Wells did say that, then acknowledged with Danielle that she had already been invited, so the question was whether Michael would get invited.  And yes, Danielle was at the wedding.

Spoiler

So was Michael!

On 11/7/2022 at 9:38 PM, Jaundiced Eye said:

Did Eliza (ugh) know Justin before Paradise? I can't believe she's so over the top based on just one date.

I don't know if she knew him before Paradise, but she laughed and her eyes lit up with him in a way they didn't with Rodney.  At that cocktail party, when she spent time with each before the RC, her kiss with Justin was way more of a romantic kiss than with Rodney.

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
On 11/7/2022 at 8:45 PM, Shorty186 said:

I wonder why Rodney is so unlucky in love (although being 30 and single isn't the worst. Thing. Evah). Is it because he's the "nice guy?" Everyone on that island loves him, except the one he wanted.

As much as I like Rodney, I would have been taken aback by his comments like "You're my forever person" and all this after knowing me for only a few days. At some point I would wonder how he could be so sure without really knowing me. Almost like he likes the idea of Eliza (gorgeous package with cutesy AF smile) but barely knows her. I don't think that's a good sign. If a woman said things like that right away, everyone would think it's okay for the man to run like Michael did when his last girlfriend started talking about being a stepmom. I was very hard on Eliza in my last post, but I do feel sorry for her now. It's hard not to succumb to pressure from a group when you're far away from home and family. (I have to admit I think some of my ire was jealousy. I've never been the adorable type that men can't wait to take care of.)

14 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I couldn't believe how obnoxious Kate was when she gave Logan her rose and was glad to see Logan complain about her attitude instead of just taking it. I also could not believe Kate made Hayden FETCH a ball like a DOG. She is one mean and weird BITCH!

I thought the same thing.  She's got a bit of a sadistic streak going on there.

Edited by queta
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I don't think I've ever seen them follow a contestant home from BIP to go chasing another contestant esp considering Eliza wasn't even on the beach that long.  The whole thing was strange.  

It wasn't during the normal episodes, but on the reunion special for their season they showed footage of Tayshia flying to Maryland to talk with John Paul Jones a few weeks after filming wrapped because she realized she'd made a big mistake.  The two reconciled and chose to give their relationship a go in the real world, with Jones asking her to be his girlfriend on the spot.  (Six weeks after the reunion they broke up.)

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/what-happened-between-tayshia-adams-john-paul-jones-47665913

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, MMLEsq said:

It wasn't during the normal episodes, but on the reunion special for their season it was revealed that Tayshia had flown out to Maryland to talk with John Paul Jones a few weeks after filming wrapped because she realized she'd made a big mistake.  The two reconciled and chose to give their relationship a go in the real world, with Jones asking her to be his girlfriend on the spot.  (Six weeks after the reunion they broke up.)

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/what-happened-between-tayshia-adams-john-paul-jones-47665913

That I get but I don't get the show actually following a BIP contestant to go meet another contestant in the real world.  Actually maybe that's an idea for a new show.  They could follow these people that get engaged back into the real world and see what happens.  I always wonder how these couples manage to see each other when they live all over the US.  And how so many of the contestants remain friends when again, so few of them have real jobs that make money, so how do they afford to stay in touch?  Or do a lot of them move to LA  after their season airs?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

They could follow these people that get engaged back into the real world and see what happens. 

Then it wouldn't really be the "real" world. You would have cameras and producers hovering around you all day!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, queta said:

As much as I like Rodney, I would have been taken aback by his comments like "You're my forever person" and all this after knowing me for only a few days. At some point I would wonder how he could be so sure without really knowing me. Almost like he likes the idea of Eliza (gorgeous package with cutesy AF smile) but barely knows her. I don't think that's a good sign. If a woman said things like that right away, everyone would think it's okay for the man to run like Michael did when his last girlfriend started talking about being a stepmom. I was very hard on Eliza in my last post, but I do feel sorry for her now. It's hard not to succumb to pressure from a group when you're far away from home and family. (I have to admit I think some of my ire was jealousy. I've never been the adorable type that men can't wait to take care of.)

I thought the same thing.  She's got a bit of a sadistic streak going on there.

That’s a good point. There are two very distinct populations on this show: Those like Genevieve and Brandon who came here to lock down a spouse and consider themselves pre-engaged within the first day of talking to someone vs those like Logan who came here for a good time and seem genuinely perplexed when their current match starts planning out their life together. (Okay, I guess there’s a third group like like Shanae and Kate who will consider themselves pre-engaged while constantly looking for a better option to trade up.) We didn’t know anything about Eliza, so assumed that maybe she’s here to lock down a proposal but maybe she’s not. Plus, she genuinely seemed to have fun with Justin! When they were talking about the “class superlatives” around the bonfire, they weren’t kidding. With Rodney it’s like the rest of the popular crowd in high school voted then prom king and queen and think they should date because she’s the cheer captain and he’s the quarterback. Meanwhile she’s drawn to the class clown who makes her laugh, but her “friends” don’t care who’s a better option for her—every single one of them was hysterical bawling over losing the most popular kid in school!  It was truly outrageous! No wonder why she was so torn. She wasn’t making the decision for herself. She was doing what the other 20 people surrounding her were convincing her to do.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, queta said:

As much as I like Rodney, I would have been taken aback by his comments like "You're my forever person" and all this after knowing me for only a few days.

He did this only after Eliza threw the "you didn't fight hard enough for me" in his face. He did what she told him she wanted from him.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

He did this only after Eliza threw the "you didn't fight hard enough for me" in his face. He did what she told him she wanted from him.

That’s true, but I think she meant a literal fight. It  seemed more like she wanted an alpha male spectacle than a declaration of love. Rodney and Justin decided they were going to be friends and not let it get in their way. She wanted someone who was going to demand she stay by his side and stand up to any man who dare talk to his woman. Rodney is not that person. Rodney is going to have his wifey riding side-saddle as they ride off into the sunset. The only part of the knight in shining armor trope that Eliza wants any part of is the duel over her—and maybe being locked in a castle, but she’d like that part rather than waiting to be rescued. Eliza’s love fairy tale of choice is Beauty and the Beast. But Rodney is no Beast nor Gaston. He’s more like Mrs Potts.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Oh. My. God. Thank. you.  Rodney was totally manipulated and he had no choice!!!  Eliza was making it seem like "Fight for me!  Fight for me and I'm yours!"  When in reality thinking "Fight for me!  I want to see it play out.  Then decide.  You are my plaything."  Rodney had been put through absolute hell for her, so in the end after all that fighting and agonizing, he thought it actually meant something, and they would end up together.  Of course he felt so much for her.  He was put through a "battle" and he "won".  He didn't realize that she was just acting randomly based on her current whims.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Great point! Poor Rodney was put in a very bad position.

18 hours ago, JenE4 said:

That’s true, but I think she meant a literal fight. It  seemed more like she wanted an alpha male spectacle than a declaration of love. Rodney and Justin decided they were going to be friends and not let it get in their way. She wanted someone who was going to demand she stay by his side and stand up to any man who dare talk to his woman. Rodney is not that person. Rodney is going to have his wifey riding side-saddle as they ride off into the sunset. The only part of the knight in shining armor trope that Eliza wants any part of is the duel over her—and maybe being locked in a castle, but she’d like that part rather than waiting to be rescued. Eliza’s love fairy tale of choice is Beauty and the Beast. But Rodney is no Beast nor Gaston. He’s more like Mrs Potts.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

My God, the amount of crying and wailing that went on when Rodney left! They were acting like he died in a sudden and horrific drowning accident, not just that he got dumped and sent home. I really like Rodney too and I think he got put into a really crappy situation, but holy shit you guys. I've seen less crying over a death at plays depicting the crucifixion of Jesus.

Eliza's lucky that most of the beachers like her too, if she was even a fraction less popular they might have burned her at the stake for heresy for ditching Rodney, Gods gift to mankind. 

I feel for Eliza feeling like she was peer pressured into picking Rodney and that she felt forced to pick him because it was what everyone else wanted, but I also feel like she put Rodney into a no win situation. I suspect that she was immediately attracted to Inst-model looking Justin who came to the beach just for her, which fed her ego, and she wanted to break up with Rodney without looking like the bad guy. So she pulled the "he didn't fight for me!" card when he gave her the go ahead to go on a date with Justin, but then when he said exactly what she was apparently leading him to say, that he wants to have a future with her and that he doesn't want her to be with any of other, but then she still ended up leaving him to run off after Justin. Maybe none of that was really on purpose and she really was feeling pulled between nice guy Rodney and more traditionally sexy Justin and she's just fickle, but the whole thing was cringy, Rodney clearly had massive whiplash. 

I have no idea what made that date so amazing that Eliza would want to toss over Bachelor Nations golden boy. Justin seems like kind of a fake to me but he isn't awful, nothing all that special, and I am still annoyed that he got to come back to the beach after being kicked out. Was that all that it took to win her over? That he came specifically for her? They seemed to get along and had some sparks, but nothing mind blowing.

Kate sure is something else. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 11/8/2022 at 8:16 AM, jade.black said:

There's a real creepy cult mentality this season that's putting me off (along with the million other cringey things these castmembers are doing to put me off). The group cheering in the background every time someone gets a romantic kiss. The group hostility in driving off newcomers. The group celebration when any couple makes up. The group coercion to choose the preferred suitor. The group crying when their most beloved is rejected. I'm expecting some weird Midsommar group orgasm any episode now. Are the bodies of the departed stacked in a barn somewhere? Will the elders (Michael and Danielle) jump off a cliff next? Wild.

Absolutely HILARIOUS and spot on 😄!!! I feel the same way about the over-the-top cult vibes- next up they'll probably be driven in a windowless van to a mall and offer people paper flowers like in the Strangers with Candy cult episode 😅!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

My God, the amount of crying and wailing that went on when Rodney left! They were acting like he died in a sudden and horrific drowning accident, not just that he got dumped and sent home. I really like Rodney too and I think he got put into a really crappy situation, but holy shit you guys. I've seen less crying over a death at plays depicting the crucifixion of Jesus.

Eliza's lucky that most of the beachers like her too, if she was even a fraction less popular they might have burned her at the stake for heresy for ditching Rodney, Gods gift to mankind. 

I feel for Eliza feeling like she was peer pressured into picking Rodney and that she felt forced to pick him because it was what everyone else wanted, but I also feel like she put Rodney into a no win situation. I suspect that she was immediately attracted to Inst-model looking Justin who came to the beach just for her, which fed her ego, and she wanted to break up with Rodney without looking like the bad guy. So she pulled the "he didn't fight for me!" card when he gave her the go ahead to go on a date with Justin, but then when he said exactly what she was apparently leading him to say, that he wants to have a future with her and that he doesn't want her to be with any of other, but then she still ended up leaving him to run off after Justin. Maybe none of that was really on purpose and she really was feeling pulled between nice guy Rodney and more traditionally sexy Justin and she's just fickle, but the whole thing was cringy, Rodney clearly had massive whiplash. 

I have no idea what made that date so amazing that Eliza would want to toss over Bachelor Nations golden boy. Justin seems like kind of a fake to me but he isn't awful, nothing all that special, and I am still annoyed that he got to come back to the beach after being kicked out. Was that all that it took to win her over? That he came specifically for her? They seemed to get along and had some sparks, but nothing mind blowing.

Kate sure is something else. 

And im sitting here still feeling bad for lace, who was dumped for that little twit!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/7/2022 at 9:00 PM, JenE4 said:

They made it seem like Justin isn’t that thrilled to see her. This is a good cliffhanger.

I noticed that too but I think it's misleading. I'm betting he'll say he wants to be with her. The petty side of me is hoping it won't last because I don't like how Eliza manipulated Rodney. 

I knew Eliza was going to dump Rodney when she was kissing Justin right in front of him, especially because during their talk she didn't kiss Rodney 

It surprised me how little attention and air time Alex got. He's a hunk and seems like a nice guy. Why weren't Shanae and Florence interested in him instead of the puppy twins? I know he said he was into Victoria but she picked Johnny, so they could've at least tried. I would've thought Kate might go for him too. He's older and established and definitely a better catch than Hayden. 

Didn't Justin leave with the doctor woman? I can't remember her name. Why didn't they explain what happened with her to make him come back?

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

It surprised me how little attention and air time Alex got. He's a hunk and seems like a nice guy. Why weren't Shanae and Florence interested in him instead of the puppy twins? I know he said he was into Victoria but she picked Johnny, so they could've at least tried. I would've thought Kate might go for him too. He's older and established and definitely a better catch than Hayden.

It was blink-and-you-miss-it, but there was a conversation between Brittany and one of the other women (I think Shanae, but not 100% certain) where they were discussing how the different guys smell, and Brittany said Alex smelled bad when she hugged him. So maybe he has bad hygiene or a medical condition that causes BO.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
6 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

It was blink-and-you-miss-it, but there was a conversation between Brittany and one of the other women (I think Shanae, but not 100% certain) where they were discussing how the different guys smell, and Brittany said Alex smelled bad when she hugged him. So maybe he has BO/bad hygiene.

I'd take Alex over the rest of those guys.  If necessary, we could just shower together.

Problem solved! 🥰

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7

I think that Eliza was using the "you didn't fight for me" excuse so she would make it seem like it was Rodney's fault that she went on the date with Justin.  She went on the date with Justin because she wanted to.  Rodney never had a chance.  She was more into Justin from the start.  Rodney was always going to be Mr. Right Now until Eliza meets her real person. Maybe it is Justin. We will see.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

It was blink-and-you-miss-it, but there was a conversation between Brittany and one of the other women (I think Shanae, but not 100% certain) where they were discussing how the different guys smell, and Brittany said Alex smelled bad when she hugged him. So maybe he has bad hygiene or a medical condition that causes BO.

I think Brittany said he smelled like leather!🤷🏻‍♀️

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'd take Alex over the rest of those guys.  If necessary, we could just shower together.

Problem solved! 🥰

Me too, especially after seeing this picture!

1aser.thumb.jpg.352234dfc50b829e9965588e671e4a5a.jpg

• Fire 4
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I think Brittany said he smelled like leather!🤷🏻‍♀️

Me too, especially after seeing this picture!

1aser.thumb.jpg.352234dfc50b829e9965588e671e4a5a.jpg

WOW 😍!!!  Between the photos of Hunky Australian Adam- especially in a leopard print speedo and this photo of Slab of Man Alex that you found for us- I am forever grateful! Feel free to post some more hunks 😄🙌! The nerve of these girls complaining about his scent- Febreze the boom boom room and let the good times roll! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

WOW 😍!!!  Between the photos of Hunky Australian Adam- especially in a leopard print speedo and this photo of Slab of Man Alex that you found for us- I am forever grateful! Feel free to post some more hunks 😄🙌! The nerve of these girls complaining about his scent- Febreze the boom boom room and let the good times roll! 

Agree. I think Alex is gorgeous. 

Oh ok. I didn't realize it was Romeo who left with the doctor. So Justin wasn't picked and was still allowed to come back? Obviously the producers brought him back to create a love triangle and break up Eliza and Rodney. Their plan worked. 

I wonder how Lace feels about Rodney getting dumped. 

I'll bet Rodney is a front-runner for the next Bachelor. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I'll bet Rodney is a front-runner for the next Bachelor.

It'll be a long while before they need to cast another bachelor but I personally hope it's not Rodney.
I really like him a lot and think he's a nice guy but I don't want to watch him as a lead. I think he's pleasant looking but I don't find him attractive at all.

Maybe it's shallow of me to feel this way but I don't want to watch a show about romance unless the lead is very attractive. It's not believable to me otherwise and I get grossed out watching them kiss - I felt this way during the last Bachelor season with the long-chinned one. I ended up not giving that season much attention. And it's the reason why I didn't watch Katie's season. She was just not convincing to me as someone who many men would compete over.

I remember seeing some people clamoring for Rodney on social media before they cast Zach. He's very popular among some fans as well as cast but I think it's mainly for his personality.
Now that he's had his heart broken he's got even more people calling for him to be cast as a lead.

I found this recent article about fans complaining that Rodney did not get the current Bachelor role and that it went to Zach instead. I feel bad for Zach as I've seen negative posts on SM about him as lead and this call for Rodney will only make it worse.

Fans Want Rodney To Be The Next Bachelor After His Paradise Exit
https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/rodney-the-next-bachelor-fan-reactions-tweets

I don't think Eliza was ever going to end up with Rodney no matter what. She is gorgeous and I think she believes she can attract a much better looking guy than Rodney. He may have just been a place-holder for her on the show.

I hope they re-vamp Bachelor in Paradise for next year.
And I'd love to see Rodney back on that show again.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Paradise was finished filming before the ATFR where Zach was announced.  They could have had Rodney, but I think a combination of his BIP performance (nice but not dynamic) and Zach’s charm tipped the scales.  

And I don’t think he could carry a whole season as the lead.  I like him and I’m glad he didn’t sully his rep on BiP as some have done, but he is just not someone who I could see as a lead.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Where Is Adam Todd Now After Bachelor In Paradise?
https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/adam-todd-bachelor-in-paradise-job-instagram-bio

IMO this man would make a dream bachelor. He's hot, sweet, intelligent and has a sexy accent. I can imagine a great storyline developed around him moving to California to further his career in Hollywood. His interests, education, training and hobbies would transfer well to California and would all make good date plotlines. Maybe the producers could try to rise above the dumbness of dates involving sniffing armpits or creating human tacos and create a really interesting, sexy and intelligent show for a change.😂

bachelorette-adam.thumb.jpg.649f6198419c535b2ef4fed8ade1a98d.jpg

• Fire 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Paradise was finished filming before the ATFR where Zach was announced.  They could have had Rodney, but I think a combination of his BIP performance (nice but not dynamic) and Zach’s charm tipped the scales.  

And I don’t think he could carry a whole season as the lead.  I like him and I’m glad he didn’t sully his rep on BiP as some have done, but he is just not someone who I could see as a lead.  

I totally agree with your entire comment. I feel bad for Zach that some fans know that there would have been time to cast Rodney after he got his heart broken on BiP and they are complaining that he wasn't. I guess the producers did not see him as a lead despite the fact that he apparently was interested. I hope they don't change their minds.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

I totally agree with your entire comment. I feel bad for Zach that some fans know that there would have been time to cast Rodney after he got his heart broken on BiP and they are complaining that he wasn't. I guess the producers did not see him as a lead despite the fact that he apparently was interested. I hope they don't change their minds.

No matter who the Bachelor ends up being, there will always be groups who vocally complain that their favorite wasn't chosen. You can't please everyone.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

No matter who the Bachelor ends up being, there will always be groups who vocally complain that their favorite wasn't chosen. You can't please everyone.

But if you try really hard, you can disappoint everyone…exhibit A -Clayton  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11
14 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

It'll be a long while before they need to cast another bachelor but I personally hope it's not Rodney.
I really like him a lot and think he's a nice guy but I don't want to watch him as a lead. I think he's pleasant looking but I don't find him attractive at all.

Maybe it's shallow of me to feel this way but I don't want to watch a show about romance unless the lead is very attractive. It's not believable to me otherwise and I get grossed out watching them kiss - I felt this way during the last Bachelor season with the long-chinned one. I ended up not giving that season much attention. And it's the reason why I didn't watch Katie's season. She was just not convincing to me as someone who many men would compete over.

I remember seeing some people clamoring for Rodney on social media before they cast Zach. He's very popular among some fans as well as cast but I think it's mainly for his personality.
Now that he's had his heart broken he's got even more people calling for him to be cast as a lead.

I found this recent article about fans complaining that Rodney did not get the current Bachelor role and that it went to Zach instead. I feel bad for Zach as I've seen negative posts on SM about him as lead and this call for Rodney will only make it worse.

Fans Want Rodney To Be The Next Bachelor After His Paradise Exit
https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/rodney-the-next-bachelor-fan-reactions-tweets

I don't think Eliza was ever going to end up with Rodney no matter what. She is gorgeous and I think she believes she can attract a much better looking guy than Rodney. He may have just been a place-holder for her on the show.

I hope they re-vamp Bachelor in Paradise for next year.
And I'd love to see Rodney back on that show again.

I didn’t realize fans were clamoring for Rodney. Have they started filming with Zach yet? I hope they don’t dump him for Rodney. Didn’t they do that once before with either a bachelor or bachelorette? I remember someone being selected and even filming a few scenes and them being dumped. 

I agree Rodney isn’t one of the better looking guys on these shows but I still like him and would watch him if he returned in any capacity. I didn’t think Jill or Genevieve were that attractive either. 

Clayton was plain and boring to me! 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

I didn’t realize fans were clamoring for Rodney. Have they started filming with Zach yet? I hope they don’t dump him for Rodney. Didn’t they do that once before with either a bachelor or bachelorette? I remember someone being selected and even filming a few scenes and them being dumped. 

I agree Rodney isn’t one of the better looking guys on these shows but I still like him and would watch him if he returned in any capacity. I didn’t think Jill or Genevieve were that attractive either. 

Clayton was plain and boring to me! 

They have already filmed hometowns, so far to late to make a Bachelor change.  Thank goodness.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Yes, Zach is pretty far into the filming of his season already. They've taped hometown visits and are about to start filming over-nites and final episodes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I am still totally convinced that Kate and Logan (and Hayden and probably Jacob and a few others) are 100% acting. Every time Kate and Logan kiss it looks so awkward, and nothing like when people who are really attracted to each other kiss. They literally pushed themselves apart after it looked like they were counting to 10 (to make it look like a real and passionate kiss). No nose-bumping while staring into each others eyes, or an extra kiss on the cheek, the neck or the forehead, which usually follows a real make-out session. They simply have no chemistry and they don´t talk about anything except how real their relationship is and how happy they are going forward together etc. No other couple talks that way or ever has on this show. Kate always looks like the cat who caught the canary because her role involves being the most sought after woman on the beach, which is laughably fake and phony. 

But I´m not going to complain about it, this is gold to snark on but I do feel for Rodney because he won me over. I thought he looked like the beast to Elisa´s beauty, but he is honestly a good guy (so the "beast" would still fit him I guess) and I hope he finds a nice woman outside of the show. I couldn´t take Elisa during her weird meltdown. 

I don´t like Aaron but I feel sorry for him getting stuck with Genevieve. She has smiled 3 times... it´s freaking me out.  I do like Shanea, which is weird, she´s been okay this season and I´m willing to bet that she was mostly acting the role of a mean lunatic when she was on the Bachelor. 

I was telling my mom about this show the other day, and happened to mention that they all cry a lot and she asked me why they were always crying and I said it´s because they think that the only chance of finding love is on this show, and if it doesn´t happen it never will. It´s a mass delusion of some kind.

Edited by halkatla
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, halkatla said:

I was telling my mom about this show the other day, and happened to mention that they all cry a lot and she asked me why they were always crying and I said it´s because they think that the only chance of finding love is on this show, and if it doesn´t happen it never will. It´s a mass delusion of some kind.

It is like a mass delusion...with multiple angles in play. I suppose the crying and acts of desperation are also because they know they are being filmed.
A TV show is being made about their progress in attracting and creating a relationship with the opposite sex. Failing to do well in front of the viewing public can be a huge blow to the ego.

Love your Beauty and the Beast analogy!
And I agree quite a few of the cast appear to be acting. I wonder what the goals are for those potentially playing roles? Could Logan only be out for some fun in the sun and notches on his bed post? Is Kate chasing clout and/or trying to prove she is desirable after she was sent home pretty early on Clayton's season? I like Logan better than Kate but neither of them are coming off very well on the show. Kate in particular is very unlikable and appears to have a mean-streak.

Maybe some of those who take part in the Bachelor franchise shows are just looking to become part of a big exclusive dating club with a pool of attractive singles to mine. Beyond the cameras they could potentially find a mate from among previous cast or just set out to date as many as possible!😘

• Applause 1
  • Love 1