Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: The Fall Guy

• Start Topic

With another day of bad weather ahead, the deck crew figures out a creative way to get the guests on the water.

Bravo Airdate: 10/31/2022

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

Poor Natasha now that Kyle is gone.  Who is going to keep telling her how great she is.  How wonderful she is doing.  She has two mean people on board and she is all alone on her own.  That was basically her talking point and not one word of I hope Kyle's ankle is ok.  How is she going to handle one charter without him.  Can't wait for the new stew.

• Love 16

I'm cynical, but I'm thinking it's possible that Kyle's return next season is because of this injury. Maybe it came as part of negotiations to avoid a lawsuit, or maybe it's because he didn't get to complete his contract.

Or maybe it's because they just loved him so much. But I don't think so. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, rur said:

I'm cynical, but I'm thinking it's possible that Kyle's return next season is because of this injury. Maybe it came as part of negotiations to avoid a lawsuit, or maybe it's because he didn't get to complete his contract.

Or maybe it's because they just loved him so much. But I don't think so. 

You never know that could be true.  If it is and that's why he is back then I hope the chief stew is so hard on him and makes his time miserable.

After re watching again we see next week drama causing guests for the final charter.  Shocking. I wanted Pancakes!

• Love 6

The young daughter charter guest named Grace -- her upper teeth are really short or her upper lip is extra long or SOMETHING because it looks like she has no upper teeth.  Her whole mouth looks like a scary dark chasm.  In other words, she looks like a meth addict (but I know she's not).  When they do show her teeth, they're not the neon-glow white that rich people usually have and they're kind of scraggly.  It's very distracting.

And poor Natasha (not).  Mark my words.  All through the next episode she'll be whining about missing Kyle and she'll never have what she had with Kyle and she can't cope without Kyle.  Then we'll all know for sure that she's a shit chief stew.

Edited by Oosala
  • Love 8

Oh good grief what a baby, who cries because they twisted their ankle. Talk about a drama queen. 

Watching Natasha and Dave try to work through their issue made me uncomfortable. It makes me think that the generation who grew up with smartphones never learned how to communicate one on one because all they do is text. They are both rubbish at just talking to each other. He mumbles, she's staring down at the floor hardly saying anything. 

The tips are so random they never seem to reflect the quality of the charter whatsoever.

• Like 5
  • Love 16
52 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Watching Natasha and Dave try to work through their issue made me uncomfortable. It makes me think that the generation who grew up with smartphones never learned how to communicate one on one because all they do is text. They are both rubbish at just talking to each other. He mumbles, she's staring down at the floor hardly saying anything. 

This so much.  Yes.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Kyle is the most ridiculous drama queen. Even more so than Natasha, who comes in close second with her moaning about losing her best friend for a whole 3 days. Goodbye Kyle! 

When Dave gets in his feelings about Natasha he gets so mean, it’s like his face changes completely. Don’t enjoy it at all. 

I did kind of think Storm and Natalya were adorable this episode though. I know they’re a mess but they were cute. 

Edited by racked
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Like a captain too slow to respond, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast…

OK, I’ll reserve judgement on how staged the Kyle ankle drama is, but good Lord – with all the grief Captain Queeg has given others for not having their radio or responding, could her response have been any slower?

Natasha/Dave – I’ve seen children behave with more maturity than you two.  You’re both needy, high maintenance, and annoying. 

The Curse of the Boat continues – can’t get off the dock, tender anchor fouled, Kyle is still aboard, etc.

Honestly, if Kyle put half the effort into work that he does into whingeing, the crew would have a much easier time of it. 

So the guests have to tell the crew how to unfoul the anchor?  Yikes.  The crew should be tipping *them*.

Captain Queeg finally wakes up, or sobers up, or whatever, to make an appearance and pretend she did something.

Kyle, why is it when you’re trying to explain the pain in your foot you are as normal in your speech and manner as ever you are.  You, sirrah, are a lazy toad.

What will happen next week?  Will Dave And Natasha grow up?  Will Kyle dry up?  Will the audience be able to wake up?  Stay tuned, if you can stay awake…

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Ms. 7- star service loved the stripper's pole and drinking straight out of some facet.

The women charter guests didn’t want to eat fish especially if it’s too fishy.

Kyle blubbering any chance he got.  They have a couple of days left so what’s the big deal?

I don’t remember any crew on any BD show being stiffed on the tip.  They’re probably promised a certain amount per season so the producers make sure that happens.

Would be fun if someone stiffed them and the cast runs into them after they get drunk.

• LOL 4
17 minutes ago, aghst said:

I don’t remember any crew on any BD show being stiffed on the tip.  They’re probably promised a certain amount per season so the producers make sure that happens.

There was one time the crew got no tip at all, albeit under special circumstances:

Below Deck: Crew Received No Tip Only One Time In All Franchise Seasons (screenrant.com)

It was the very first charter in 2013.  What looked like possible drug use was discovered among the guests and Captain Lee took them straight back to port and kicked them off.  We've seen before in other episodes how possible drug presence could jeopardise the licenses of all the crew, etc., and it was/is treated very seriously.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

Kyle and Tash are such babies...OH MY...how can they be separated for 3 whole days?!!!

This has to be, imo, the stupidest season ever, and I don't want to see either of them again. Let alone the chef. All the angst, crying and laziness is just too much,

• Like 5
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Like a captain too slow to respond, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast…

OK, I’ll reserve judgement on how staged the Kyle ankle drama is, but good Lord – with all the grief Captain Queeg has given others for not having their radio or responding, could her response have been any slower?

Natasha/Dave – I’ve seen children behave with more maturity than you two.  You’re both needy, high maintenance, and annoying. 

The Curse of the Boat continues – can’t get off the dock, tender anchor fouled, Kyle is still aboard, etc.

Honestly, if Kyle put half the effort into work that he does into whingeing, the crew would have a much easier time of it. 

So the guests have to tell the crew how to unfoul the anchor?  Yikes.  The crew should be tipping *them*.

Captain Queeg finally wakes up, or sobers up, or whatever, to make an appearance and pretend she did something.

Kyle, why is it when you’re trying to explain the pain in your foot you are as normal in your speech and manner as ever you are.  You, sirrah, are a lazy toad.

What will happen next week?  Will Dave And Natasha grow up?  Will Kyle dry up?  Will the audience be able to wake up?  Stay tuned, if you can stay awake…

Great post because I literally could not stay awake to watch this boring drivel,  I finally decided to give it up and come here and read about it ha ha….. much more interesting.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Maybe Kyle comes back next season only to be fired for not doing his job.

Also, why couldn't they have put a walking cast on him that would relieve pressure when he stands so he could work?  It looked like when he fell, that Natalie was the one who was calmest and did the most to help.

Also, Tash works one day without him, finds she actually has to do some work and wants to replace him.

• Love 5

Captain Sandy: “ Kyle took a bad fall last night”

Katherine-co primary: “Figures, our luck.”

My jaw dropped. 😳

She not only thought only about how someone else’s injury would affect her, but she actually had the nerve to say it out loud! 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 5

Totally sick of all the dramatics and whining from the crew, and I have been for a long while (yet I keep watching.... go figure!)

Kyle is absolutely ridiculous. I'm not going to say his ankle wasn't painful (I've done the same thing to mine) but to just keep laying there face down on the floor, and the others running to him and putting a cold compress on his forehead, a blanket around him, etc. and Kyle whining the whole time was OTT. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 10/24/2022 at 7:41 PM, aghst said:

The crew on Sailing Yacht were given half the tip once.  The primary told the other passengers that she would handle the tip, and then only gave them half the money.  The primary and her husband were so dreadful that the other passengers wanted to disassociate from them and kept apologizing to the crew.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

Um, if Kyle’s ankle injury was so severe, why didn’t his new “BFF for life” switch bunks with him?  Why have him schlepping into the upper bunk every time he had to get up to use the bathroom?  Color me skeptical 🫤😏😉

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Kyle fought so hard for his position and didn’t want to lose it so when he suffered a slight injury he decided to stay in bed and sleep? How about getting up and doing something? I noticed he made it to the tip meeting and asked if anyone was going out that night.  Then there’s Natasha acting like replacing him was such a dilemma. And Dave, you are not in love with Natasha. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

I think we need an xray report or photos of the sprain at its worst, because like some of you, I have had severe sprains that blew up like grapefruits, and never missed a day of work, even taking public transportation to get there.  You keep it wrapped and iced, you limp, you put your foot up when you get to your destination. Not one time did I *go to bed* for it.  [disclaimer - he also fell down the stairs; I'd be more concerned about a concussion than the ankle, and I bet he was black and blue all over. Still... curious}

No reason he couldn't be doing laundry. Making drinks as ordered so stews only had to run them. Washing dishes.  Probably would still need to be replaced, but going to bed is just insane!

• Like 1
  • Love 11
On 10/24/2022 at 6:09 PM, snarts said:

I don't understand why Kyle was allowed to lounge in bed all day. He could've sat on a chair to do laundry, put his knee on a chair to do dishes/tablescapes etc. This is now the second time he's missed full days of work Remember his teeth? Ridiculous. Stop your damn whining & crying and do your damn job. 

Honest to god,  I fell on ice and broke my ankle, didn't cry and walked up a flight a stairs to door with it broken.  It was painful but I was walking on it until I got to the doctor's office and found out I broke it.  I certainly could have done laundry and other things.  This guy is high maintenance and a first class shirker. 

• Love 10
On 10/30/2022 at 3:55 PM, Hourglass77 said:

Captain Sandy: “ Kyle took a bad fall last night”

Katherine-co primary: “Figures, our luck.”

My jaw dropped. 😳

She not only thought only about how someone else’s injury would affect her, but she actually had the nerve to say it out loud! 

That was astonishing. Even if it was a bad edit, she gave the editors a reason to want to make her look bad so I suspect it was all she actually said. Not even "is he okay?" Bitch is cold.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2022 at 6:55 PM, Tanukisan said:

with all the grief Captain Queeg has given others for not having their radio or responding, could her response have been any slower?

Capitan Queeg...I'm dying!  😀😀😀

"Captain Queeg, fictional character, the unstable skipper of the destroyer-minesweeper U.S.S. Caine in The Caine Mutiny (1951) by Herman Wouk."

• Thanks 1

I agree with all the posts saying what a drama queen Kyle was over his injury.  He cried over how he didn't want to be replaced, but didn't do any work at all to show he was still valuable, even light duty, apart from blowing up a few balloons.  Now, we have to suffer by having him return to haunt our next season.  I hope he is not chief stew- that would be a travesty.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Watching these eps on the marathon today, and just have to ask. Does Sandy have Norma the Yacht Staffer on speed dial? LOL. 

If you want a great chuckle, listen to Watch What Crappens podcast recaps of Below Deck Med.  They are so funny when they recap the Sandy/Norma conversations.  I literally laugh out loud at some of the stuff they come up with!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

If you want a great chuckle, listen to Watch What Crappens podcast recaps of Below Deck Med.  They are so funny when they recap the Sandy/Norma conversations.  I literally laugh out loud at some of the stuff they come up with!

Yes! I just discovered them a few months ago and it's my favorite thing to listen to when doing housework, etc. I actually skipped recording this season of Below Deck Med because the first few episodes were so boring, but once I saw that the WWC guys had covered it, I changed my mind and am watching it. I love them! It's like spending an evening with your snarky and hilarious friend. Their impressions of Dave, Tash, and her ex are hilarious, too. "Are ya tired, Dave? Are ya tired?" LOL. Oh and I love your profile name.

Edited by queta
spelling error
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Finally saw this episode and no I don't believe Kyle was injured.  As a person that fell in a pothole in downtown Cleveland and tore all the ligaments in my ankle in the process, my ankle swelled to the size of a watermelon and I did not carry on half as much as Kyle.  He didn't even have any swelling.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
On 10/24/2022 at 5:09 PM, snarts said:

I don't understand why Kyle was allowed to lounge in bed all day. He could've sat on a chair to do laundry, put his knee on a chair to do dishes/tablescapes etc. This is now the second time he's missed full days of work Remember his teeth? Ridiculous. Stop your damn whining & crying and do your damn job. 

I'd be cranky as *&^! having his lazy ass get the same tips as the ones who work hard.  Not fair at all.