Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The Green Council

• Start Topic

Episode Synopsis:

While Alicent enlists Cole and Aemond to track down Aegon, Otto gathers the great houses of Westeros to affirm their allegiance.

Reminder: 

This is for discussion of the TV show only, no book talk allowed - including saying "but it's different in the books". Any other spoilers (previews, media articles, etc) and HotD extras (After The Episode, Behind The Scenes, etc) should be in spoiler tags.

Damn, that could've been a real short dance. Good thing HBO wants at least four more seasons of this.

So Quentin Tarantino is a descendent of Larys Strong. Good to know.

Aegon II is just going to be the hap, hap, happiest king in the history of Westeros.

• LOL 18

Alicent you can no longer slut shame Rhaenyra when you're selling feet pic for information. Also she has to be a dumbass if she thinks this is gonna be a bloodless coup. 

Im liking Aemond more and more each week, protecting his sister at the end was kinda sweet. 

Yes force Aegon to be a king when he clearly doesnt want that. Im sure nothing bad will happen

Criston calm your ass down. Jesus! That dude absolutely did not have to die you psycho.

Greens already fucking up letting all those warriors walk. Thats gonna bite them big time.

Edited by Oscirus
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

So Criston killing Lord Beesbury mirrors that of Daemon killing Vaemond last week. Let's hope the rest of the realm has learned not to talk crap and make allegations about Rhyneyra/Alicent in their presence. 

So Rhaenys appears to injure/kill a bunch of innocent people, but at the end, decides to let the Greens go? I'm sure that decision will save a lot of lives.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Dac22 said:

So Criston killing Lord Beesbury mirrors that of Daemon killing Vaemond last week. Let's hope the rest of the realm has learned not to talk crap and make allegations about Rhyneyra/Alicent in their presence. 

I believe this one was a mistake, he just has an anger control problem

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Aegon is a psychopathic rapist, but in this episode, I was team Aegon. He has the self awareness to know he'd be a shitty ruler, and that Viserys never would have "envisioned" him king. Too bad his mother and grandfather are too power-hungry to listen to Aegon.

Larys is gross. I didn't need to see him rub one out. Ew. Also, did Alicent purposely show her foot to Larys because Larys has a foot fetish? 

Criston continues to be bionic -- if anything, he's gotten YOUNGER looking.

Peacing out by dragon is one way to leave. Go Rhaenys.

I'll see how long Alicent holds to her insistence of not killing Rhaenyra. Her father is certainly pushing the other pov hard.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Oscirus said:

Yes force Aegon to be a king when he clearly doesnt that. Im sure nothing bad will happen

Unfortunately he loves the part where people cheer for him.

1 minute ago, Dac22 said:

Eh, the king was going to kill him and had warned that. That guy wasn't accusing Alicent of anything personally. Cristen's just thinks he's her weird platonic boyfriend.

That dragon head at the end wasn't great--it made me think of a comedy skit where it was just a big head on a stick that the grew was pushing into the frame. That said, that was a fantastic entrance to remind people who should be queen here. Spoiler: It's Rhaenys. Should have toasted them.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, cambridgeguy said:

Why do I think that plenty of people are going to regret Rhaenys's decision to not fire when she had the chance?  I guess this makes her the Ned Stark of the series.  By choosing the decent, honorable thing over the most pragmatic she just screwed over the entire realm.

Team black or team green, at the very least, she couldve tested the targ fireproof myth

• Like 4
  • Fire 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, cambridgeguy said:

Why do I think that plenty of people are going to regret Rhaenys's decision to not fire when she had the chance?  I guess this makes her the Ned Stark of the series.  By choosing the decent, honorable thing over the most pragmatic she just screwed over the entire realm.

I had the same thought. It was such a dumb, Ned move!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

I believe this one was a mistake, he just has an anger control problem

Didn't the guy accuse Alicent (& the lot of them) of killing the king and being a liar? 

They weren't going to let him go free to spread that belief. Best case scenario was he spends his life in a cell.  

Edited by Dac22
  • Love 3

I wonder if the beast Helaena was referring to in her little outburst was Aegon? She is now Queen, but you all just put a monster on that throne. 

Aegon it seems likes the power - I don't think he will be a kind or merciful king.. Honestly they should've had Aegon abdicate and give it to Aemond who clearly wants that throne.

Rhaenys - now THAT is an entrance --Heyy Melys! ..loved that she said she wasn't leaving without her dragon and yeah - the poor smallfolk who got dragon trampled.

So the twin guards are at odds it seems but I am confused as to which one is anti-Aegon , was that Erryk or Arryk?

The kiddie fight club - I wonder if Aegon's bastards are a part of that and clearly he has a few.  I wonder if they can form dragon bonds..

Eww Larys....

Next weeks preview looks lit! DRAGONS!! that's all I am really here for

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Just now, Dac22 said:

The guy was accusing Alicent of killing the king and being a liar. 

They weren't going to let him go free to spread that belief. Best case scenario was he spends his life in a cell.  

He was there when the guys all confessed their plots had nothing to do with her. It wasn't a personal insult. What they might have done in response to him wasn't why Cristen killed him.

• Like 2

Omg, I was traumatized by Larys jerking off to Alicent's naked feet.  I need to wash my poor eyes out. RIP Beesbury.

Aegon gives me Nero vibes.  Sadly I think this was Rhaenys' Ned Stark moment at the end. She should have Drakarysd them all.

Edited by magdalene
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

I wonder if the beast Helaena was referring to in her little outburst was Aegon? She is now Queen, but you all just put a monster on that throne. 

Based on what happened, I thought she was referring to Meleys, Rhaenys's dragon.

• Like 10
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, magdalene said:

Omg, I was traumatized by Larys jerking off to Alicent's naked feet.  I need to wash my poor eyes out. RIP Beesbury.

Im more wanting to know how the fuck did she know to do that? Was that payment for keeping silent for the Strong business?

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Im more wanting to know how the fuck did she know to do that? Was that payment for keeping silent for the Strong business?

I wondered the same initially then quickly realised this must be their ahem, 'arrangement' ("I'm sure you'll reward me when the time is right"). This clearly wasn't the first instance - gross and pretty sure that counts as unfaithful for a married woman....

GIF by Spider-Man

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

How exactly do you even propose such an arrangement? How do you bring that up?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Wow, the "women are good and peaceful and men are horrible war mongerers" message was a little heavy handed.  And WTF was with the White Worm's sudden social activism?  They didn't set up the child pit fighting until like 3 minutes earlier in the episode, and she's a master spy but also a social worker.  Weird.

Loved Alicent throughout the show.  The actress is so good.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

This is my limited experience, but people with feet fetishes are usually VERY vocal about it. No doubt Larys told Alicent in no uncertain terms what turned him on. I'm just surprised that Alicent wasn't in some sort of foot stocking. Again, just an observation: men who like that sort of thing often have a stocking fetish as well.

But isn't that not very devout and righteous of Alicent to be in the room while Larys rubs one out to the sight of her soles?

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

Allicent putting on a foot show for Larys’ “amusement” was something I did not need to see.

I raise my foot to agree.  Well, at least, we know how Alicent has been repaying Larys for his info but not his sole loyalty after his little talk with Otto.  I wonder if Otto will have to go barefoot in the future.

I knew right away that The Queen's Lady-in-Waiting, Tayla, was signaling the King's death when she lit those candles in the window.

So Mysaria is the White Worm.  Good on her for trying to look after the poor and abused.  I like her and hope she was not in the house when it was torched.

I literally detest Ser Criston.  Still a pretty boy but a stone cold psycho.

Rhaenys is a bad ass.  Respect!  She would have been a great queen.  That ending was amazing IMHO.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Diapason Untuned said:

Criston Cole: All women are made in the image of the Mother.

Also Criston Cole: Spoiled c***

1 minute ago, ShannaB said:

I literally detest Ser Criston.  Still a pretty boy but a stone cold psycho.

Strong is the hypocrisy in that one.

2 minutes ago, ShannaB said:

I wonder if Otto will have to go barefoot in the future.

I see what you did there...bahahahaha

Excited Game Of Thrones GIF

• Wink 2
  • LOL 12

Well Rhaenys definitely rang her bell.  Good on the show runners giving Eve Best her due moment.

Anyone know how bad dragon halitosis breath is?  My guess is it's on the far side of heinous.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Congratulations Alicent-only took you 20 plus years to figure out your Daddy played you 

Embarrassed Shame GIF

I don’t get why that one lord didn’t just send a raven? But Otto probably would have intercepted it anyway-too bad all of them got killed 

I don’t even know what to say about Cole this week-I have a feeling we are going to see him kill a of people- be nice to see him kill larys though 🤣

but what was the point of the fight with one of the twins???? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

Yes force Aegon to be a king when he clearly doesnt want that. Im sure nothing bad will happen

26 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Unfortunately he loves the part where people cheer for him.

Because he wants to feel loved, and he felt loved by the people. Imagine when they don't love him anymore.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, mac123x said:

Wow, the "women are good and peaceful and men are horrible war mongerers" message was a little heavy handed. 

I don't think anything in the GoT universe could really be accused of that. Especially with Alicent working as her son's rape accomplice on the regular.

13 minutes ago, mac123x said:

And WTF was with the White Worm's sudden social activism?  They didn't set up the child pit fighting until like 3 minutes earlier in the episode, and she's a master spy but also a social worker.  Weird.

I could easily believe somebody covering the streets might have their own codes they disapprove of.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

I felt a little sorry there for Alicent. Let’s see she is surrounded by a rapist son, the emo one eyed son, a daughter that doesn’t like to be touched and is saying weird things, a controlling father who constantly making her into the image of her mother, a personal guard with a major madonna/whore complex, and a psychopath with a foot fetish. This must not have been the first time that this happened because her constantly putting her feet out like that. This must have happened before. 

I don’t think the show was trying to make the women don’t want war but the men do agenda. This is more that Rhaenyra and Alicent finally made some sort of peace that she is like Otto says isn’t doing this for her husband’s daughter but for her childhood best friend. The men and I think Rhaenys also sees the truth of the matter is that war is unavoidable. The only way Alicent could have really have avoided war was not to make the claim that Viserys made a death bed proclamation. 

It is weird that i think everyone who knows Viserys knows that he would never have made a change like that but Alicent really wants to believe it. 

So was Mysaria killed in that fire? if not she is going to be trouble in the future. 

I am wondering what Aemond was thinking after Criston took Aegon away and Aegon had begged him to run away.

Yeah let’s put a bunch of people in a place that stores dragons. What is the worst that could happen?

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

He was there when the guys all confessed their plots had nothing to do with her.

"And I will not believe that he said this on his deathbed, alone, with only the, the boy's mother as a witness."

The source of this information that he does not believe is Alicent. He then proceeds to bring up regicide as the "king was well". If he thinks she's lying, then it's easy to reason he thinks she's complicit in the "murder" of the king. 

Not to say what Cole did wasn't wrong, but he was certainly accusing her along with the rest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

I wondered the same initially then quickly realised this must be their ahem, 'arrangement' ("I'm sure you'll reward me when the time is right"). This clearly wasn't the first instance - gross and pretty sure that counts as unfaithful for a married woman....

GIF by Spider-Man

There was no way in hell that this wasn’t their first go at this. Fuck her forever for being on her high horse about Rhaenyra’s extracurricular activities. 

I hope this trifling bitch gets what’s coming to her. 

• Sad 1
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

24 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

Based on what happened, I thought she was referring to Meleys, Rhaenys's dragon.

24 minutes ago, tljgator said:

I presumed it was the dragon appearing through the floor, no?

This went right over my head, partially because I didn't really hear what Helaena said the first time I watched.

That's an awkward and random moment to refer to a beast under the boards.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

But isn't that not very devout and righteous of Alicent to be in the room while Larys rubs one out to the sight of her soles?

As water rounds the stones, smoothing what was jagged, so does a woman's love calm a man's brute nature. Book of the Mother, Chapter 3 Verse 12 (Game of Thrones S06 E07).

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

As far as Mysaria is concerned until I see a body I am going to assume she is not dead.

I guess Rhaenys gave Alicent  her answer. I can only assume she didn’t dracarys them was because kinslaying is such a big taboo in Westeros.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, ybrik said:

I felt a little sorry there for Alicent. Let’s see she is surrounded by a rapist son, the emo one eyed son, a daughter that doesn’t like to be touched and is saying weird things, a controlling father who constantly making her into the image of her mother, a personal guard with a major madonna/whore complex, and a psychopath with a foot fetish. This must not have been the first time that this happened because her constantly putting her feet out like that. This must have happened before. 

Sounds like a sitcom.

7 minutes ago, Dac22 said:

"And I will not believe that he said this on his deathbed, alone, with only the, the boy's mother as a witness."

The source of this information that he does not believe is Alicent. He then proceeds to bring up regicide as the "king was well". If he thinks she's lying, then it's easy to reason he thinks she's complicit in the "murder" of the king. 

Not to say what Cole did wasn't wrong, but he was certainly accusing her along with the rest.

I get what you're saying, but he could not believe her without calling her liar since that's exactly what's actually happening. She's not lying, but she is mistaken. The rest of the people in the room have just admitted they've been planning this for a while and Alicent was shocked so clearly she's not in on a plot. Aegon didn't believe Viserys changed his mind at the last minute either and Alicent didn't take it as a personal insult. 

Of course, him saying that *in public* would be a problem, but there's a reason why him saying it in a private council meeting where everyone else has just admitted to plotting treason everybody in the room is like, "WTF?" 

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2