Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Animal Instincts

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The 118 race to the rescue when a birdwatcher is trapped under a tree. Chimney is in for a wild ride when he tends to a drunk driver; Maddie helps a mother and her young daughter when an abusive father shows up at the their house; Eddie catches Christopher in a lie; Buck begins a year of "yes to possibilities" and immediately receives an interesting proposal from a former roommate.

Airdate: 10/10/2022

Buck donating sperm to an infertile couple seems like a really bad idea. Somewhere down the line that's going to come back to haunt him (assuming he goes through with it). I don't buy the couple's reasoning, either. Unless you believe in The Bad Seed, how the child is raised will determine whether or not they're a good person, not genetics. I also think it would be awkward for them, knowing the biological father personally.

The bicycle chase scene was stupid. If the drunk driver was so desperate he wouldn't pull over for the cops chasing him why on earth would he stop for some guy on a bike? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

The bicycle chase scene was stupid. If the drunk driver was so desperate he wouldn't pull over for the cops chasing him why on earth would he stop for some guy on a bike? 

I’m guessing it was the shock of seeing his injuries plus Chim talking to him that sobered him up enough for the rational part of his brain to kick in so he reflexively hit the brake.

or

The writers heard the song, wanted to include it, said hey let’s put Buck in a bicycle chase and “hand wave” logic.  With a Chimney in peril bonus!

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 7

The whole scenario about the girl and her mother hiding from the abusive father was handled poorly.  She was certainly old enough to know the address where they are living and keeping the phone under the bed in a sack of clothes was beyond stupid.  Lose precious time yanking it out from the hiding space when you need it.

• Love 1

More Buck/Hen content is good with me. I really did like their conversation about sperm donation and what it entails. Hen needing to put it in a different perspective for Buck made sense. He was looking at all the pros, he wasn't seeing that impact it would likely have on him, especially given how attached he can get to people. 

I do think Buck will eventually change his mind before it happens, or the other couple will. 

I guess it seems like Hen is going to choose medical school over being a firefighter/paramedic? 

Maddie's subplot was well done. I also enjoy the new trainee. I feel like, because JLH went on her maternity leave as May was getting more scenes at the call centre that we didn't get the May/Maddie subplot like we could have. 

The car chase on bike was somewhat dumb, but this IS 9-1-1, so I wouldn't expect anything less dramatic. Plus, they did do a decent job showing Chimney talk the drunk driver down. 

I loved the Eddie/Christopher subplot. I do think they tend to infantilize Christopher sometimes, but I think they had a good balance here, where Eddie explained to Christopher why both of them were wrong and they had Christopher talk back to Eddie and receive a consequence for that. 

I guess Athena and Bobby now have a dog?!?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, nokat said:

I liked the Buck/Hen conversation about being a sperm donor. Christopher becoming a young man. It has to be hard letting go.

Yes. The Buck/Hen dialog about being a sperm donor was spot on.
But everything else about that plot was mostly WTH???
I could type a TL,DR essay about this topic with too many first-hand observations, which would also include a lot of WTH? stuff, so I guess I can't blame the show for leaning into it.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I do think they tend to infantilize Christopher sometimes, but I think they had a good balance here, where Eddie explained to Christopher why both of them were wrong and they had Christopher talk back to Eddie and receive a consequence for that. 

Considering that Christopher isn't supposed to have any intellectual impairment, its actually a little excessive how he gets infantilized on this show. He is supposed to be 12-13 at this point and this is the first time he's ever told a lie? How preciously innocent.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Redrum said:

Considering that Christopher isn't supposed to have any intellectual impairment, its actually a little excessive how he gets infantilized on this show. He is supposed to be 12-13 at this point and this is the first time he's ever told a lie? How preciously innocent.

It's actually not the first time he's told a lie, even on-screen, but Eddie clarified this is the first time he's told a big lie that got him in trouble. Which I think does still line up with his age. Maybe a couple of years later than most kids, but I thought they did a decent job here. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Buck donating sperm to an infertile couple seems like a really bad idea. Somewhere down the line that's going to come back to haunt him (assuming he goes through with it). I don't buy the couple's reasoning, either. Unless you believe in The Bad Seed, how the child is raised will determine whether or not they're a good person, not genetics. I also think it would be awkward for them, knowing the biological father personally.

Using a known donor isn't unusual. I wouldn't do it, because of all the possible complications emotionally, but I can understand why a couple would want to have sperm from someone they know. Sperm banks are great - but for some the idea of not knowing anything "real" about the donor (who likely sold it for money) can be off putting.  I was more surprised that they chose Buck rather than someone who was closer to the Buck's friend's ethnicity.

3 hours ago, cameron said:

The whole scenario about the girl and her mother hiding from the abusive father was handled poorly.  She was certainly old enough to know the address where they are living and keeping the phone under the bed in a sack of clothes was beyond stupid.  Lose precious time yanking it out from the hiding space when you need it.

I think she did say the name of the street and Maddie misheard it both times. They were very similar phonetically. The second time she said the street name I thought, she isn't saying "green" (whatever) but I couldn't make it out.

JLH is definitely pregnant - they're putting her behind desks/tables now. It didn't occur to me until late in the episode that the girl's situation was a trigger for Maddie. I thought it was handled well.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

I guess Athena and Bobby now have a dog?!?

I hope they keep the dog, I don't want it going back to the frat house. (Or sorority house - whichever it was.)

JLH is definitely pregnant - they're putting her behind desks/tables now. 

I don't think she is. I think she just hasn't lost the baby weight. She seems especially top-heavy.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't think she is. I think she just hasn't lost the baby weight. She seems especially top-heavy.

Perhaps. I have no vested interest in whether she is or isn't. Especially top heavy can be due to pregnancy and due to breast feeding, so for me that's not an indicator (since she's always been generously endowed). It's when I see them using the techniques that have been used time and again on TV  to disguise actresses' pregnancies I start to suspect.

• Like 2

Buck wanting to help his friend is a nice idea, but it seems like its going to end up causing a lot of problems. Will Buck really be able to handle having a kid somewhere who he isn't raising? Will the couple change their minds? I liked Buck and Hen talking about the issues that could arise from Buck donating his sperm, she would have an interesting perspective on that and I always really like their scenes. 

Of course Hen gets another shot at her exam, but it looks like she's going to have to choose one career path or another, she cant keep doing both, even without her also doing Bobby's job. 

Maddie helping the mom and daughter was really nice. See show, you can show Maddie helping victims of domestic abuse without it being a whole long convoluted multi episode arc. 

I'm pretty sure the whole thing with the drunk driver and Buck on the bike existed just because someone likes that song.

I'm glad that they are acknowledging that Chris is entering his teen years, that can be rough for any parent, even more so when Eddie and Chris are so close and Eddie is so protective of him. The show tends to write him as a lot younger than he is at times, way more like an adorably precocious eight year old than a kid who's in junior high, so I liked this plot a lot. 

Come on park ranger, read the room. Or the woods. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Almost everything about this episode irritated me.

Stuff I liked:

- Hoover.  I LOVED Bobby commandeering the dog from those idiots.  And I hope he stays with Bobby and Athena.

- Hen and Buck day drinking. That was a great convo for the both of them and I enjoy getting some Buck and Hen bonding.  We see her with Chim so much and him with Eddie, so it was nice they got to talk and he got some solid advice.

- The new 911 guy's dynamic with Maddie.  I like him so far and I liked the way the call went out.  He could tell that that call affected her in some type of way and you could possibly tell he maybe knew why,  but he didn't pry or push. 

- The 911 call with the mom/daughter.  I think the bag under the bed was a Go bag.  Something they had packed and ready if they needed to grab and run leaving everything behind.   Which is why the phone was in the bag.  The daughter possibly didn't have her own phone and that was the on-the-run phone.

All the rest tho- UGH.

- Who comes out of the woodwork to ask a friend you haven't even spoken to for years to be your sperm Donor.  And the reason why is super lame.  'Oh you are a nice guy.'   Tha fuck?  What does that have to do with anything?  What does Buck being nice have to do with how your kid will turn out?  What they don't know any other nice guys that they've maybe spoken to in the last year or so?  Why not a sperm bank?  Sure it isn't free, but they seem comfortable and it is cheaper than any other fertility treatment.  Also why is Buck even considering this at all?

- The drunk driver.  For a guy who was blitzed out drunk, he drove better than a stunt driver on an obstacle course.  He was managing so very carefully not to hit trees and fences and poles and picnic tables.  And while Buck may be a nice guy for sperm donors they didn't take his IQ into account because what brain trust thinks it is a good idea to stop in front of a speeding car on bike?

- Hen's medical school.  God, please, no.  I thought they'd put this to bed with her failing.  Also I don't know how it works in most medical schools, but if your failing one exam is enough to bounce you from the entire program, then it isn't up to one prof to let you do a re-take.  At my school (which admittedly isn't a full blown medical school, but has a pretty stringent Assistant Physician program and a very demanding Physical Therapy program) if you were borderline enough to be suspended or dismissed from the program, nothing short of a letter of appeal to be discussed by the Dean, the Provost  and the academic standing board is enough to allow you a second chance. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

- Who comes out of the woodwork to ask a friend you haven't even spoken to for years to be your sperm Donor.  And the reason why is super lame.  'Oh you are a nice guy.'   Tha fuck?  What does that have to do with anything? 

Just a few thoughts triggered by this ridiculous plot:

1. I have to wonder if there's a red flag in the couple's background that prevents them from adopting through legitimate, regulated placement agencies.
  2. Was Buck chosen so their kid would look more white???
  3. Will Buck's friend die in some unrelated, 9-1-1 incident, and the widow will want to hook up with Buck?
    Note: I did know a couple who adopted the 4th child of a family who didn't feel like they could handle another.
    About 6 years later, both couples divorced for unrelated reasons, and the adoptive mother got together with the child's father.

Fortunately, I don't think this show has soap opera longevity, so we should not be subjected to any of these plots.
But "dollars to donuts," something similar will happen.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Nessa said:

I'm sorry but that tree storyline was farken ridiculous.

Not entirely. 
I lived in logging country, and my friend’s husband——an experienced logger and logging contractor——had a tree fall backwards onto him as he was walking away from it. 
He suffered head injuries through his protective gear, and has had to take seizure medication ever since, but otherwise has lived life as productive as he did before.

But the only reason Buck didn’t get flattened by the drunk driver was sheer dumb luck——and Chimney.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

JLH is definitely pregnant

Nope, she's still carrying baby weight from her third pregnancy....hence the hiding behind desks and baggy shapeless clothes.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Will Buck really be able to handle having a kid somewhere who he isn't raising?

Nope. Buck loves kids (it’s one of the things I like best about him). He’ll want to be actively involved. 

And I agree, who asks someone you haven’t spoken to in years for something as big as that? The wife doesn’t even know him. I loved him and Hen day-drinking though.

20 minutes ago, Nessa said:

Nope, she's still carrying baby weight from her third pregnancy....hence the hiding behind desks and baggy shapeless clothes.

Yeah. She’s what, 45? It’s more likely that she’s still carrying weight than that she’s pregnant again. Personally I think they should just show her, but maybe she’s self-conscious. She was  very much a men’s-magazine-in-a-bikini girl for a while.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, DearEvette said:

- Hen's medical school.  God, please, no.  I thought they'd put this to bed with her failing.  Also I don't know how it works in most medical schools, but if your failing one exam is enough to bounce you from the entire program, then it isn't up to one prof to let you do a re-take.  At my school (which admittedly isn't a full blown medical school, but has a pretty stringent Assistant Physician program and a very demanding Physical Therapy program) if you were borderline enough to be suspended or dismissed from the program, nothing short of a letter of appeal to be discussed by the Dean, the Provost  and the academic standing board is enough to allow you a second chance. 

This bothered me when it first came up and it bothered me in this episode too.  A student who fails one test would not have to repeat the whole year.  Maybe the class but not the whole year.  And Hen wouldn't be blindsided by it.  There would be interventions if she were in danger of failing the whole year.

But I also don't believe the prof would give her a second chance with patients, especially not since it sounds like it was a subject specific exam to test her broad knowledge.  Seeing patients wouldn't necessarily demonstrate that knowledge.

• Love 2

I’m sorry, but Hen going to medical school at this stage in her life is INSANE. We’re talking 4 years of med school, followed by a 4 year residency, possibly more if she wants to be a surgeon. She’s, what, late forties, early fifties? So, she won’t be done until her mid-fifties at best. Then she’ll probably retire 10-15 years after that. Will she even be done paying off her mountain of loans by retirement?? Not to mention the emotional toll it’s taking on her and her family. She has a good career where she gets to do something medical adjacent, helping to save lives every day. I don’t get her unrelenting desire to do this and I don’t really want to watch it.

Buck saying to Hen, “I hadn’t thought of that” when she pointed out the very obvious fact that donating his sperm would essentially mean watching someone else raise his biological child. *face palm* Just further proof that Buck should definitely not be doing this.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Chanandler Bong said:

I’m sorry, but Hen going to medical school at this stage in her life is INSANE. We’re talking 4 years of med school, followed by a 4 year residency, possibly more if she wants to be a surgeon. She’s, what, late forties, early fifties?

I think she’s early 40s, so she’d be done by 50-ish. She could practice for 15-20 years, which is plenty. I read a story about a man who was a mechanic and then went to med school and finished his training at 47 (he said figuring out how cars fit together got him thinking about how bodies fit together). The time will pass either way; she may as well be Dr. Hen at the end of it.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I think she’s early 40s, so she’d be done by 50-ish. She could practice for 15-20 years, which is plenty. I read a story about a man who was a mechanic and then went to med school and finished his training at 47 (he said figuring out how cars fit together got him thinking about how bodies fit together). The time will pass either way; she may as well be Dr. Hen at the end of it.

I had a friend who did the same. She was a nurse for years, and decided to become a doctor. Which she did, and so far as I know she's still practicing (in her 70s).

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Yeah. She’s what, 45? It’s more likely that she’s still carrying weight than that she’s pregnant again. Personally I think they should just show her, but maybe she’s self-conscious. She was  very much a men’s-magazine-in-a-bikini girl for a while.

You may be right - but 45 is still an age women can (and do) get pregnant. More complications may occur, but it definitely happens. I'd rather have her be pregnant than have her feel self-conscious and unaccepting about her weight, but that is definitely a possible scenario.

JLH has taken a lot of hits over the years for her body.  I still remember some pap shot of her at the beach with her back to the camera, and everyone went insane calling her out for having cellulite on her butt and thighs.  People are awful.  So I don't blame her if she is self-conscious about her figure, though I wish she didn't feel that way.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, izabella said:

JLH has taken a lot of hits over the years for her body.  I still remember some pap shot of her at the beach with her back to the camera, and everyone went insane calling her out for having cellulite on her butt and thighs.  People are awful.  So I don't blame her if she is self-conscious about her figure, though I wish she didn't feel that way.

That whole thing was ridiculous. (I think her bikini bottom was just too small, which made her look bigger.) She was tiny and big-breasted in her early 20s when she broke out, but she’s not in her early 20s anymore and she’s had kids. Life happens. 

31 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

You may be right - but 45 is still an age women can (and do) get pregnant. More complications may occur, but it definitely happens. I'd rather have her be pregnant than have her feel self-conscious and unaccepting about her weight, but that is definitely a possible scenario.

My great-grandmother had a “thought it was menopause but surprise!” baby in her mid-late 40s. Apparently she was “mortified.” It was her thirteenth child so it’s not like she didn’t know she was fertile!

45 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I had a friend who did the same. She was a nurse for years, and decided to become a doctor. Which she did, and so far as I know she's still practicing (in her 70s).

I just learned that my (awesome) pediatrician is still practicing in her 70s. Even if Hen retires at 65, that’s still a big chunk of time. It’s rare to do the same thing for one’s whole working life; there are stats about how many careers (careers, not jobs) people tend to have now and it’s more than one. To paraphrase my grandfather, as long as you’re above ground it’s not too late! I actually love hearing stories that refute the idea that you have to have your life figured out by 30.

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

I enjoyed seeing her in her element, taking charge at the rescue. She really seemed to be thriving. It was easy to imagine her running the Emergency Room or some other high stakes medical situation in a hospital, or really anything she wanted to do, including admin. But I dread having her leave the field, even if it means she gets her own spin-off. I just really like her where she is. But I don't think it's an unreasonable ambition from the character's perspective.

• Love 3

Re Buck:  I know the show has redeemed him and he has become a popular character with viewers, but to me, he's still the same big lummox he was at the beginning of the series.  Every time he's on screen, I fill in his thought bubble with "Duuh, huh?"  And now this.  Gee, I never thought about how donating my sperm would mean I'd have a kid.

Re Hen:  The classic question--And how old will you be in eight years if you DON'T go to medical school?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 10/11/2022 at 7:26 AM, cameron said:

On 10/11/2022 at 3:30 PM, DearEvette said:

The 911 call with the mom/daughter.  I think the bag under the bed was a Go bag.  Something they had packed and ready if they needed to grab and run leaving everything behind.   Which is why the phone was in the bag.  The daughter possibly didn't have her own phone and that was the on-the-run phone.

It was definitely a go bag with a burner (flip) phone. I also didn't find it hard to believe that a scared girl who has been living on the run from abusive dad and whose primary caregiver speaks English with an accent didn't clearly enunciate her street address. You might be amazed at how often dispatchers can't understand 911 callers.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

And while Buck may be a nice guy for sperm donors they didn't take his IQ into account because what brain trust thinks it is a good idea to stop in front of a speeding car on bike?

LOL. Yeah the couple is definitely prioritizing "nice" over "smart." That guy was supposed to be friends with Buck right? Doesn't he know he's . . . not the brightest bulb in the box?

I can't see how Hen becoming a doctor would work if they intend to keep her on the show. There's virtually no hospital storyline running concurrently with the fire station and the 9-1-1 call center. Nor is there a 9-1-1 spinoff about a hospital like the Chicago franchise. So it just feels like they're dragging this thing out just to give Hen her own storyline until inevitably she has to choose staying on as a paramedic or is forced to.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2022 at 2:59 PM, candall said:

Re Buck:  I know the show has redeemed him and he has become a popular character with viewers, but to me, he's still the same big lummox he was at the beginning of the series.  Every time he's on screen, I fill in his thought bubble with "Duuh, huh?"  And now this.  Gee, I never thought about how donating my sperm would mean I'd have a kid.

Buck is such an airhead.  I still give him the side eye over his treatment of Bobby back in season 3 and emotional manipulation of Taylor last season.  Still displeased with how the show glossed over the latter.  Anyway... 

I did enjoy the Buck and Hen day drinking scenes.  That said, I thought it would have made more sense for Eddie and Buck to have the sperm donor conversation.  The show has more or less pulled back on that friendship, and it ain't because of the shippers.    

My sister thought JLH was pregnant as well, although I agree with others that she's just a regular sized, petite woman who has birthed tiny humans.  I try to keep in mind how TV really skews my perception of body size(s), especially with women.

On 10/12/2022 at 1:22 PM, possibilities said:

I just really like her where she is.

Same.  I've kind of hated the medical school storyline for reasons already stated, but mostly because I like her with the 118.   

• Like 3
  • Love 3
On 10/11/2022 at 7:26 PM, Nessa said:

The baby is 13 months old. Being petite, large chest, pregnancy. I bet she is at a new set point & it’s going to be hard to lose. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

The baby is 13 months old. Being petite, large chest, pregnancy. I bet she is at a new set point & it’s going to be hard to lose. 

13 months? She's likely still breast feeding, especially with the formula shortages.
I thought her face looked thinner this episode. I didn't notice anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2022 at 6:43 PM, iMonrey said:

can't see how Hen becoming a doctor would work if they intend to keep her on the show. There's virtually no hospital storyline running concurrently with the fire station and the 9-1-1 call center. Nor is there a 9-1-1 spinoff about a hospital like the Chicago franchise. So it just feels like they're dragging this thing out just to give Hen her own storyline until inevitably she has to choose staying on as a paramedic or is forced to.

Maybe they are setting up a spinoff show? Medical drama in Los Angeles? I mean Chicago Fire/PD/Med seems to do well...

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Redrum said:

Maybe they are setting up a spinoff show? Medical drama in Los Angeles? I mean Chicago Fire/PD/Med seems to do well...

I hope not. Hen is really important to the balance of this team, but I wouldn't put it past them.

• Love 3
On 10/13/2022 at 1:33 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

Buck is such an airhead.  I still give him the side eye over his treatment of Bobby back in season 3 and emotional manipulation of Taylor last season.  Still displeased with how the show glossed over the latter.  Anyway... 

I did enjoy the Buck and Hen day drinking scenes.  That said, I thought it would have made more sense for Eddie and Buck to have the sperm donor conversation.  The show has more or less pulled back on that friendship, and it ain't because of the shippers.    

My sister thought JLH was pregnant as well, although I agree with others that she's just a regular sized, petite woman who has birthed tiny humans.  I try to keep in mind how TV really skews my perception of body size(s), especially with women.

Same.  I've kind of hated the medical school storyline for reasons already stated, but mostly because I like her with the 118.   

His treatment of Bobby? You mean when Bobby prevented him from working, even though he'd requalified and had medical clearance and saved a shit ton of people during a tsunami? Even though Bobby had no similar qualms about letting Chim back after getting rebar through his head? Yeah, Buck's the asshole there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ninjakid said:

His treatment of Bobby? You mean when Bobby prevented him from working, even though he'd requalified and had medical clearance and saved a shit ton of people during a tsunami?

I mean, there's still a really good chance Buck will simply stroke out on a call. I get not wanting to leave a job you love but it happens and you want your firefighters to be fit. I actually question how a woman of Hen's age is qualifying still and think going into medicine just might be easier on her body. Buck was either on blood thinners and likely to bleed out or not on blood thinners and likely to stroke out. Its not as ridiculous as the guy on 911 Lonestar with a defibrillator installed and shocking him IN the qualification test and still qualifying, but its still bad. It's great that as a civilian Buck saved a shit ton of people but I thought the whole point of the lenthy lawsuit storyline was that he didn't have medical clearance. I get why Bobby didn't want to have him on the team as a liability.

1 hour ago, ninjakid said:

Even though Bobby had no similar qualms about letting Chim back after getting rebar through his head?

Different situation. While I found it ridiculous that Chim has no side effects or permanent damage.... he had no side effects or permanent damage. Why wouldn't he get his job back once he was recovered?

Bobby definetely has an asshole side but the thing with Buck was mostly out of his hands to begin with. 

• Applause 1
2 hours ago, ninjakid said:

His treatment of Bobby? You mean when Bobby prevented him from working, even though he'd requalified and had medical clearance and saved a shit ton of people during a tsunami? Even though Bobby had no similar qualms about letting Chim back after getting rebar through his head? Yeah, Buck's the asshole there.

But Buck was the asshole in that scenario.

Buck had gotten his recertification and Bobby and Athena gave a big surprise party for him. Bobby was just giving him the good news that he was cleared for duty and ready to go back to work, when Buck threw a pulmonary embolism, vomited blood all over Bobby's feet and passed out.  Woke up in the hospital with no memory of doing so.  He had been ignoring the pain and cramps in his legs and still had clots in his legs even then.

Buck was still in the hospital wearing pressure socks, when Bobby told him they couldn't sign off on full clearance yet while he was on blood thinners and the hospital had no idea where the clots came from.  The chief would only approve light duty.  Bobby wasn't even the one that made the final decision, but as Buck's boss he was the one to deliver the news. Buck threw a tantrum and decided to sue.  Because getting to go work and getting paid while medically compromised just wasn't enough for Buck.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2022 at 9:43 PM, iMonrey said:

LOL. Yeah the couple is definitely prioritizing "nice" over "smart." That guy was supposed to be friends with Buck right? Doesn't he know he's . . . not the brightest bulb in the box?

The actor is very likable, but Buck is possibly the dumbest character on a network show, giving Billy Sparks of "Young Sheldon" some serious competition.

• LOL 1
On 10/11/2022 at 10:14 PM, Irlandesa said:

But I also don't believe the prof would give her a second chance with patients, especially not since it sounds like it was a subject specific exam to test her broad knowledge.  Seeing patients wouldn't necessarily demonstrate that knowledge.

For a second I thought that Hen's instructor was going to tell her that the only way she was getting a second chance was if she shows she is fully committed to med school/being a doctor and stops being a paramedic. Because it doesn't seems like being a med student is something you can half ass/ do as a part time kind of thing. 

I am also surprised they didn't go out of the way to make Buck's friend and his wife look nothing like him. Because the wife is a blonde haired white woman. So if the kid is born and has those features it wouldn't be a surprise. But if she had darker hair or was another race and they had a white baby with blonde hair it would really hit home that that was Buck's kid.

Oh my gosh I cracked up at that girl at the frat party. “Did President Hoover eat weird things?”  LOL!  Hey, points for at least knowing who President Hoover was!

Buck hasn’t shown any indication that he would be able to handle fathering a child then not being in his or her life.  He is the type of person that gets super overly invested in absolutely everything, how does he think he’s going to do this??

I thought JLH did a great job in all her reaction to the DV call.  I felt for Maddie.  I can’t with her red eyeliner though.

I’m still wondering what they’re going to do with the newbie guy.  I like him.  The Christopher story was also good.  It’s so hard to let go.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 1