Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: The Ugly Truth

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

She did lie. She has nothing to sue for.

She only lied about finishing her degree on her application for the show, and IIRC she supposedly only had a few credits left to complete it.  She didn't lie about being a nurse, but Binh revealed to Justin that he thought her lie about her degree meant that she wasn't really a nurse.  In the scheme of things I think spreading the misinformation about her professional standing, even if just to Justin is a little worse than engaging in a little white lie on the show application that would not have impacted much or matter in terms of her eligibility for the show and wouldn't have been known about by anyone but her and Binh if Binh didn't reveal it to Justin after he was told it in confidence and Alexis didn't reveal it to the show after finding out from Justin.  The show didn't have to make any of this public which is the leg she would have to stand on about this.  They are just as bad or worse than Binh, Justin and especially Alexis in doing so.  Although I can't really blame Binh for trusting Justin or Justin for trusting Alexis with the story as husbands and wives should be able to tell each other things in confidence and not have them blabbed to anyone else.  So really it's the show that bears the most responsibility for any potential damage to her professional image.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2
On 9/29/2022 at 12:53 AM, Spectator said:

Omg…once again Alexis stirred the pot by revealing “non-public” information about another couple - this time Mitch and Krysten, specifically noting how when Mitch and Krysten were first married Mitch said he didn’t want Krysten to dress up or wear makeup. Even Mitch was surprised that that has gotten out. 

Jeex Alexis. She needs to mind her own business. Mitch is a dolt but why does she need to blurt out private crap about the others couples all the time? Rotten move. Again.

Alexis already destroyed one marriage.  Now she's on to number two.  I agree with above posters that she's there for the exposure not for the marriage.  Don't think she'll stay with Justin so that will be number three.  Why hasn't she been called out by the experts.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
On 9/28/2022 at 9:44 PM, Elizzikra said:

Binh is a class act, though I think he is still taking on way too much of the blame for the end of the relationship. I don't think that anyone can meet Morgan's vague standards for trust. She's going to have a lonely life if she doesn't figure her shit out.

That's because Morgan has probably been on the hot seat for years about her own mistruths -- she lies so she can't trust anyone else.  I'm sure she calls all her lies "technicalities."

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

If Morgan was looking for another instead of Binh, she should have gone out gracefully, not making him look like an ass.  The way she went out was cruel to Binh and very hurtful.  He’ll probably have to go for therapy now.  Unnecessary.

well, i think she made herself look like an ass, not him.

i thought he said he was already in therapy and would continue.  being on this show was a very bad move on his part.  i am wondering what made him apply to be on it.  doesn't seem like the kind of person that would do that.

14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I don’t think Krysten over does her makeup.  Look at Alexis and Statia.  They really put it on and nobody says anything.  Fake permanent eyebrows and all.  Speaking of Lindy, to me, she’s a little strange.  She’s either laughing for no good reason, or pouting.  She appears a little off.  Miguel is noticeing.

wait!  those eyebrows on Stacia are permanent fake ones, as in tattooed?  i have been finding them really distracting because they just don't look natural at all. she paid to have them look like that?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I thought she might have lost a bet, or something?

she probably slept in and didn't have time to shower and wash her hair so put this thing on her head.  she just seems really lazy and thinks she can get by on her cute looks and little girl persona.

• Love 5

DP made me laugh so loud when she basically said Krysten had no better options in response to Mitch expressing his concern she'd leave him for someone more flexible. That's so funny. But. Could change. Cheaters like to explore other options, especially if they're unhappy with their partner. She could divorce him & find someone better. Just a matter of time.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She only lied about finishing her degree on her application for the show, and IIRC she supposedly only had a few credits left to complete it.  She didn't lie about being a nurse, but Binh revealed to Justin that he thought her lie about her degree meant that she wasn't really a nurse.  In the scheme of things I think spreading the misinformation about her professional standing, even if just to Justin is a little worse than engaging in a little white lie on the show application that would not have impacted much or matter in terms of her eligibility for the show and wouldn't have been known about by anyone but her and Binh if Binh didn't reveal it to Justin after he was told it in confidence and Alexis didn't reveal it to the show after finding out from Justin.  The show didn't have to make any of this public which is the leg she would have to stand on about this.  They are just as bad or worse than Binh, Justin and especially Alexis in doing so.  Although I can't really blame Binh for trusting Justin or Justin for trusting Alexis with the story as husbands and wives should be able to tell each other things in confidence and not have them blabbed to anyone else.  So really it's the show that bears the most responsibility for any potential damage to her professional image.

Clearly whatever the discussion was initially led Binh to think she was indeed lying.  He was confused on what, but the initial lie was all on Morgan.  

But let's go back several episodes:  She floated the theory that Binh lied about having COVID to get out of the wedding.  Before she ever met him.

You don't make a leap like that unless you're paranoid.  Likely paranoid because she knows she's capable of lying during this process because she herself lied on the application.

To me, that's very telling about who she actually is.

She lied, she knew it was wrong , she confessed to Binh.  And yet despite that, she took zero responsibility for her own lie while chastising Binh.

I doubt Binh ever would've made the leap that she wasn't a "real" (as in degreed nurse) if it wasn't for her telling the deep dark secret which of course is being touted as just a technicality.

She's got no leg to stand on. 

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Empress1 said:

She definitely doesn't look 100% Asian. Regardless, her Asian country of origin is not the same as his (and even if it were, that doesn't guarantee compatibility).

Sure doesn't. Remember Bao and whatshisname from last season? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2022 at 12:50 AM, Yeah No said:

I think Lindy is her own worst enemy.  She reminds me of a friend I have that used to always say things to people that didn't know him too well that made him look like a total wacko when I knew he wasn't.  Lindy has gone on and on about how he hasn't seen her at #10 angry and then backpedaled in front of the experts that she only got that bad twice in her life.  She is a self-saboteur.  And that in and of itself is a little scary.

But judging from the previews and how I've felt in general about him, I think Miguel is a little scary too.  Lindy wants to come off as this loose cannon that might go off at any minute which is just the thing that scares him the most.  So now his true self is coming out more too as he anticipates the worst from her and moves away slowly.  And I'm not loving that either.  The two of them are afraid of each other and sabotaging the relationship by creating a self fulfilling prophecy about themselves.  It's hard to watch.

How on earth is this Miguel being scared about her being unstable something to knock him for?  

If Miguel kept telling Lindy about going to 10 angry and that he's never seen this, would we be blaming the potential victim of a loose cannon?

He's got every right to be concerned about how bad she could possibly get especially when he's seen the instability, but not yet the this one goes to 10 instability.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I hate the concept of leagues. She is not out of his league. They just want different things.

She is out of his league. She's a classy, articulate girl. and he's a dirty, immature neandrathal with bad table manners that slurps his food and wants to argue about everything including what shirt to wear. My opinion only of course. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She lied on her application about her current education status. That's is what caused the confusion with Bihn. It's her fault. She didn't have to make it thing. She made it a big bad secret. She has nothing to sue or even be mad about at this point. She did it to herself.

Every single person has said and acknowledged that she is a nurse. She wears scrubs even when home. We all get it. The show doesn't need to do anything to appease her. Technically they've already done it.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

She is out of his league. She's a classy, articulate girl. and he's a dirty, immature neandrathal with bad table manners that slurps his food and wants to argue about everything including what shirt to wear. My opinion only of course. 

Yes, your opinion. I or you don't get to deem someone out of someone else league. Krysten decides that and she's never said so no leagues here.

I think she is realizing more and more that what she wants is not what he's giving. Thank God for that. Pull the cord already.

• Love 2

Loveless marriage Miguel??? HUH?!!! Where tf did that come from?!! 🤬 How about discussing ways to maintain the love? FOOL! He FINALLY complained about her negativity, but his worst-case scenarios are negative. He didn't like the mirror she is. Hypocrite.

1 hour ago, cinsays said:

wait!  those eyebrows on Stacia are permanent fake ones, as in tattooed?  i have been finding them really distracting because they just don't look natural at all. she paid to have them look like that?

I think they’re microbladed, which is a semi-permanent process. So yes, she paid for that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

How on earth is this Miguel being scared about her being unstable something to knock him for?  

If Miguel kept telling Lindy about going to 10 angry and that he's never seen this, would we be blaming the potential victim of a loose cannon?

He's got every right to be concerned about how bad she could possibly get especially when he's seen the instability, but not yet the this one goes to 10 instability.

The way he was acting toward her in the previews for next week is not a good look for him.  It's fine to be scared or concerned about her behavior and what it says about her but he doesn't have to react that way.  To criticize him for that and wonder how much scary he is hiding in there is not blaming the victim.  I have felt from early on that there's something not all that nice about Miguel and maybe we're going to start seeing it.

47 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Loveless marriage Miguel??? HUH?!!! Where tf did that come from?!! 🤬 How about discussing ways to maintain the love? FOOL! He FINALLY complained about her negativity, but his worst-case scenarios are negative. He didn't like the mirror she is. Hypocrite.

Thank you, I totally agree.  He calls her negative but I have yet to see anything positive come out of his mouth.  She is a ray of sunshine compared to his attitude.  And yes, that makes him a hypocrite.  He's the pot calling the kettle black.  He should look in a mirror.  WTF was that all about with a "loveless marriage"?  Is he borrowing trouble that doesn't exist or is he priming her for not being in love with her?  Whatever it is, it was a stupid thing to say and I fail to see the point in it.  Meanwhile he calls her "negative".  If what he said wasn't negative I don't know what is.  And BTW, that's another thing I find a little "scary" about him.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

The way he was acting toward her in the previews for next week is not a good look for him.  It's fine to be scared or concerned about her behavior and what it says about her but he doesn't have to react that way.  To criticize him for that and wonder how much scary he is hiding in there is not blaming the victim.  I have felt from early on that there's something not all that nice about Miguel and maybe we're going to start seeing it.

Thank you, I totally agree.  He calls her negative but I have yet to see anything positive come out of his mouth.  She is a ray of sunshine compared to his attitude.  And yes, that makes him a hypocrite.  He's the pot calling the kettle black.  He should look in a mirror.  WTF was that all about with a "loveless marriage"?  Is he borrowing trouble that doesn't exist or is he priming her for not being in love with her?  Whatever it is, it was a stupid thing to say and I fail to see the point in it.  Meanwhile he calls her "negative".  If what he said wasn't negative I don't know what is.  And BTW, that's another thing I find a little "scary" about him.

Good points.

It just seems like she constantly talks about having this other side to her that's crazy.  If i had someone constantly telling me oh you haven't seen me at 10...I would be pretty concerned.  It seems like she's either power tripping on it, proud of it, or it's so insane she's trying to ease him into it so he's not surprised.

Miguel might be an awful person but I find Lindy to be very passive aggressive and disingenuous.  And I think she's got some major issues.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Yes, your opinion. I or you don't get to deem someone out of someone else league. Krysten decides that and she's never said so no leagues here.

I think she is realizing more and more that what she wants is not what he's giving. Thank God for that. Pull the cord already.

I thought you told me a few weeks ago that we should feel free to express our opinions here and I think that should extend to things like whether we think Krysten is out of Mitch's league.  I tend to agree with that opinion and I think I and anyone here should feel free to express it without being told we have no right to do so.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

She lied on her application about her current education status. That's is what caused the confusion with Bihn. It's her fault. She didn't have to make it thing. She made it a big bad secret. She has nothing to sue or even be mad about at this point. She did it to herself.

Every single person has said and acknowledged that she is a nurse. She wears scrubs even when home. We all get it. The show doesn't need to do anything to appease her. Technically they've already done it.

I don't think she did anything to herself.  She confided a secret to her husband, which I think she should expect to remain private.  I personally think it's all Alexis' fault for blabbing what was told to Justin in confidence.  Otherwise there would have been zero issue and it would not have come out on the show.  It was not intended to be public information.  I don't know why Alexis is getting such a pass by the show and some viewers.  It is becoming more and more obvious that she is a shit stirrer and back stabber and I agree with the person that said she wanted to sabotage both Binh's and Morgan's relationship and more recently Mitch and Krysten's by revealing things she had no business revealing unless it was mean spirited and to cause trouble in those couples' relationships so she wouldn't have to feel so bad about the trouble in her own relationship.  And perhaps to take some of the attention off of what a phony she is.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, cinsays said:

i thought he said he was already in therapy and would continue.  being on this show was a very bad move on his part.  i am wondering what made him apply to be on it.  doesn't seem like the kind of person that would do that.

Yes, they are permanent and cost a bundle as far as I know.  I’m sure an expert will know more tho.  I don’t know if or how the real eyebrows grow back.  I don’t care for the look.  Fake.

• Love 1

So this replaced the sham recommitment/what will it take to say yes episode? I guess this is better. More natural. It's good they're together, not separate meetings with different "experts." It's funny when they pop in on the group later.

I can't even with Mitch's ridiculousness. He REALLY asked her SISTER about how to get her to not wear makeup?!! What an IDIOT! He's still superficial & stupid. Only cares about what he wants & she only cared about what he wanted. Gross. She fed the dragon. I wonder how he'll come back from that.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Stacia should've explained her cheating. That's the problem with superficial answers. Now Nate's going around saying he's disappointed & stuff & doesn't seem to know the details. It's his fault too because he didn't seem to ask anything to find out what happened. (Idk what they discussed off camera.) So stupid. I just don't understand that choice. It doesn't help the marriage.

• Love 1

I would say she should match with an Alpha male type but she would even clash with one of those. 

Morgan may be attracted to alpha types but that would be a really volatile relationship. I wonder if she is addicted to the drama? I think she has a lot of work to do on herself before she is ready for a relationship with anyone.

Yes, they are permanent and cost a bundle as far as I know.  I’m sure an expert will know more tho.  I don’t know if or how the real eyebrows grow back.  I don’t care for the look.  Fake.

I have permanent eyebrow makeup (tattooed) and it is sort of "semi-permanent." It is permanent but it does fade over time and you can get it touched up. Microblading is different but I think with sort of the same upkeep; it's permanent but it probably fades a bit over time. As for expense, it's somewhat pricey. You'd go through a lot of eye pencil before you'd start making money by having micro blading done.

I guess my issue with "leagues" or someone being a "10" and dating a "6" is the implication that some people are better than others. I don't necessarily think that Krysten is "better" than Mitch but I would definitely prefer her company to his. They just aren't well matched.

I actually kind of admire Krysten's dedication to the process. So many people come on this show and are completely uncompromising about even little things. I don't think you can successfully and happily compromise on the big stuff, but it's nice to see someone open-minded enough to really think about and actually try living a slightly different way toward the goal of a successful relationship. BUT - Mitch totally takes advantage of it. He doesn't compromise at all. I would have liked to see Krysten with someone who was a flexible as she was and was willing to meet her halfway. 

• Love 11

I don’t think Mitch was or is attracted to Krysten. The problem is on this show there is no good way to handle that. If you admit you are not attracted and want to be just friends like with Zack and Mindy, the public will hate you and say you’re not trying. If you say you aren’t attracted but want to try, your spouse will always feel insecure and looking for confirmation that you aren’t attracted. The third option would be to lie and say you are attracted if you are not but it puts you in a position of constant lying and you will never get a close connection. I do understand that some people marry for non romantic reasons but that’s not the people on this show or most modern day people.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 9/29/2022 at 1:40 PM, Crashcourse said:

She blew up in front of the group about the makeup issue so that Mitch would look bad and she would get sympathy. 

In the beginning of this season, I thought she was pretty cool in handling the fact that he wasn't attracted to her.  Now, she just wants to let it all out.  Also, other than the makeup issue, Mitch always looks like there are some negative things he could say about her, but he won't.         

Mitch needs no assistance in looking bad. He is self-righteous and cannot read a room to save his life.

I also think he senses that he is not liked by most which stokes his self-righteousness. Its the similar to women who are disliked because they are mean and don't bond well with other woman who use the excuse "I'm just real. These women just can't handle the truth."

Mitch hides behind being the supreme of earth savior to cover his lack of social skills, anxiety about his lack of financial success (which no one even judges or cares about) and other insecurities.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, cinsays said:

and thinks she can get by on her cute looks and little girl persona.

Lindy has multiple pairs of her.... bibless overalls? Pants with suspenders? Things you see toddlers wear but I didn't know were made in adult sizes. The hat this week was crazy. She's a mess, personality and otherwise. Run Miguel, run!

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Lindz said:

Stacia should've explained her cheating. That's the problem with superficial answers. Now Nate's going around saying he's disappointed & stuff & doesn't seem to know the details. It's his fault too because he didn't seem to ask anything to find out what happened. (Idk what they discussed off camera.) So stupid. I just don't understand that choice. It doesn't help the marriage.

Yes.  It was over 10 years ago.  So was it a mutually agreed monogamous relationship or was the monogamous part not really stated but the guy thought she cheated?  Because I’ve been in relationships where I thought we were only seeing each  other but it hadn’t been discussed.  So I couldn’t really say much when the guy saw someone else beyond ‘ I’m not interested in a open relationship so I’m not continuing after today’. 

On 9/29/2022 at 6:21 PM, Crashcourse said:

My guess is that Mitch doesn't have an issue with women wearing lipstick and a little eye makeup,

Remember how taken he was with Krysten's mother? 

On 9/29/2022 at 6:21 PM, Crashcourse said:

but the way Krysten rings her eyes make her eyes look bigger and crazier. 

I can't stand weird eyes.  Like, I can't even look at pugs' faces, or the rheumy eyes on basset hounds (and old people).  I haven't done a head-to-head comparison, but I can see how ringing them they way she does would make them worse, and if I were matched with her, I would desperately want her to stop it.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

That moment where she held up her license on her phone was very revealing, as you said.

What blew my mind about that scene, is that timeline-wise, she was wearing the white sweater that we saw her wear in the other scenes, which implies that it took place at the same time as the other scenes (I don't think they do clothes re-creation scenes on this show like they do on Bach/ette).  Which means this is now over FIVE WEEKS after Binh's original sin took place.  No one thinks she's not a nurse at this point.  But beeyotch will simply not let this bone go, and had to smugly show her receipts to the camera.  Because she was mentioning that it's in a publicly available database, I guess she was also slamming Binh for being too stupid to have known where to look to find out.

10 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Both Miguel and Krysten felt that Morgan needed to find a man to out-alpha Morgan herself. Binh was not that person.

4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Sometimes people like that pair up with people they can walk all over but she doesn't seem to want that, but I think if she were with someone with her same temperament, they'd kill each other.

Abso-freaking-lutely.  If Morgan has expressed the desire for a more alpha male, she will come to regret her words.  It puts me in mind of Monet from the very first season of MAFS, who wanted a traditional man.  She got one in Vaughn, and they butted heads almost immediately because she wanted to think for herself, have her own autonomy, etc.  After the season ended, she concluded that a traditional man is not at all what she wants.  Morgan definitely needs someone with more of a backbone than Binh, but make no mistake, she still wants to be top dog. But another alpha would constantly fight her for it.

11 hours ago, kristen111 said:

So is that what this is all about .. Morgan not having all her credentials?  I though it was about some deep dark secret Morgan was hiding.  She’s giving up her marriage for just that?

11 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

It must be some  other issue they were discussing - maybe her father? Yet the nurse credentials does seem to be the only item that Morgan keeps bringing up. 

10 hours ago, Retired at last said:

So, good-bye Morgan and Binh (did anyone else hear the Elton John "Yellow Brick Road" song chorus, with those same syllables?) ......... I don't know if there even IS anything more specific, other than the nursing credit. 

23 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t understand the experts seeming like they are upset at Bihn when all we know about is him telling the nursing credits story. 

22 hours ago, Yeah No said:

So the guy panicked and told Justin something that turned out to be untrue.  I don't even think it was an intentional lie.  

OK, I'm no show recall expert, and I'm definitely not a Morgan defender, but people seem to be forgetting that there was more to what happened than just Binh telling Justin what turned out to be a lie.  So first, Morgan did lie on her MAFS application, and she told Binh that she had indicated she had her Bachelors when really she was short in credits (I can't remember if it was 3-hours short, which would be one credit, or 3-credits short).   This confession took place in a private conversation that we did not see, and they made an agreement not to discuss certain things outside of their private conversations.  She was apparently very very embarrassed about this and it was a big deal to her.  However, Binh went and told Justin that Morgan was not a nurse.  What bothered Morgan was 1) that was not true 2) Binh did not ask her about his concern that she wasn't really a nurse and instead went to it with Justin 3) they had agreed not to discuss such things outside of their private conversations.  So he violated her trust by discussing with Justin something that they had agreed would not be discussed outside of their privacy, and further, he chose to discuss his doubts/concerns with someone else rather than bring them to her first.

Then they had a conversation about it, she explained how it violated her trust, and they agreed that he wouldn't discuss things behind her back anymore and would instead come to her.  She thought they were working on building up the trust, but then she finds out he did it again, and went behind her back to Justin!  That is where she gave up on him and the marriage.  Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think there were any other secrets, or special topics, or even that it matters what specific things Binh said to Justin.  It's that after having f*cked up royally the first time and losing her trust, Binh did it again.  However, she handled it like someone who valued being right, and rubbing his nose in it like a dog in pee, more than trying to work together to salvage the relationship.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I don't think she did anything to herself.  She confided a secret to her husband, which I think she should expect to remain private.  I personally think it's all Alexis' fault for blabbing what was told to Justin in confidence.  Otherwise there would have been zero issue and it would not have come out on the show.  It was not intended to be public information.  I don't know why Alexis is getting such a pass by the show and some viewers.  It is becoming more and more obvious that she is a shit stirrer and back stabber and I agree with the person that said she wanted to sabotage both Binh's and Morgan's relationship and more recently Mitch and Krysten's by revealing things she had no business revealing unless it was mean spirited and to cause trouble in those couples' relationships so she wouldn't have to feel so bad about the trouble in her own relationship.  And perhaps to take some of the attention off of what a phony she is.

Once she lied on her application, she did it to herself. There is no other way to look at it. You can keep defending her. I get it. But, Bihn would have never been confused if she didn't first, tell him that lie and then tell him not tell anyone as it was a big secret. She made it a thing every step of the way. Even when everyone else moved on.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Lindz said:

Ah! Justin FINALLY said he didn't want Alexis going to the club because she might cheat! Good! I'm glad that was finally said. Very insecure indeed! 

I really wish the "expert" had followed up to Alexis saying she wanted the freedom that the club gives her, to ask her what specifically at the club she finds the freedom in.  Is it dancing with other men?  Is it sitting at the bar with her girlfriends and being hit on by other guys?  Is it the loud music and an ability to lose herself in it?  Is it seeing all the other people and feeling like she's in a trendy place?  Is it a comfortable environment to let loose with her girlfriends?  I feel like without that knowledge, you can't know whether her "freedom" is really just "acting single again" or is genuinely just some unwinding and chill time with her girlfriends.

10 hours ago, Lindz said:

Loveless marriage Miguel??? HUH?!!! Where tf did that come from?!! 🤬 How about discussing ways to maintain the love? FOOL! 

Ok, here's my take on what happened.  Miguel was saying that he probably won't ever be able to say that they'll be together forever.  He then asked her about being in a loveless marriage, probably to support what he had just said, meaning, if you're in a loveless marriage, then it would make sense to end it, so therefore you wouldn't be together forever.  But Lindy replied that "you can always find love again if you work hard enough", supporting her view that it is possible to commit to forever.  

I could not disagree more with Lindy...there truly is such a thing sometimes as too much water under the bridge.  She clearly has an issue about 'forever', since she's brought this subject up before, but I think her focus on this hypothetical, which Miguel can't get behind, is blinding her to what really matters, which is what does commitment to the marriage look like for Miguel.

• Love 4
On 9/28/2022 at 7:10 PM, Madding crowd said:

Mitch would be a very hard person to find a match for and he seems clueless as to how he comes across. I do have to say based on many years of marriage and years of dating before marriage; many guys prefer little to no makeup and they are usually talking about heavy eyeliner and lashes etc. Krysten already knows he was never attracted to her but at least he was honest. I felt like she was a bit over dramatic by what he said to her sister. Based on his very exacting lifestyle, he probably did expect a hippie girl but he is trying.

It seems that for anyone on the extreme end of anything, especially as it concerns their occupation: opposites are not a good match. Not to say someone just like them will be a great match, either; but an opposite is typically not going to have the wherewithal to hang with the extremism...both need to have the same general understanding of the cause/lifestyle. Perhaps that's why Hollywood types and musicians tend to date each other: everyone's crazy, but at least there's no need to explain the extremes since everyone understands going in. 

5 hours ago, gwen747 said:

I wonder if Mitch thinks Krysten should stop using tampons. I could see him telling her she needs to use that gross cup thing.

That was brought up on the After Party, along with cloth diapers. 🖕🏻Mitch!

• Love 3
On 9/29/2022 at 5:40 PM, kristen111 said:

Geeze.  I can’t see Mitch not using paper towels.  A rag?  For every wipe up in his house?  So, how many rags does he use a day?  Does he wash one Everytime, or keep them in a heap, then put them in the machine.  WTF?  Moldy, scuzzy rags.  Disgust.  My husband goes nuts.  I use lots of paper towels, tissues and toilet paper, lol.  He keeps buying.  Mitch would kill me.  Now I’m wondering if Mitch uses toilet paper.  Lol.

Krysten can actually say her husband is on the rag. 

The funny thing is Mitch is using rags in lieu of paper towels. Granted,  he's not consuming paper, but his water usage is probably higher washing all those rags 24/7.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Once she lied on her application, she did it to herself. There is no other way to look at it. You can keep defending her. I get it. But, Bihn would have never been confused if she didn't first, tell him that lie and then tell him not tell anyone as it was a big secret. She made it a thing every step of the way. Even when everyone else moved on.

Amen!

First off, why couldn't she be honest on the application?  She clearly knew it was wrong which is why she confessed it to Binh.  

Binh may have erroneously thought you can't be an RN without a bachelor's, but he basically was confronted with: the stranger I married just told me she lied on the application.  What else did she lie about?

A normal person would chalk it up to a misunderstanding that was catapulted by the confession and also assumed some blame.  Well, I did lie on the application, even if it was a technicality, and he made an incorrect assumption based on my telling him I liked on the application.  Most people would've given him a little grace knowing that he's paired with a stranger and the lie reveal would probably have most people wondering:  who did I marry?

She takes ZERO blame.  And then she has the gall to talk constantly about her inability to trust him. Why didn't the show ever hold her the slightest bit accountable?  Instead, Binh sounds like a battered spouse.

I've said it before but given before she ever met Binh, she was already accusing him of lying about having COVID,  she can't trust anyone because she knows she's not trustworthy.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Krysten can actually say her husband is on the rag. 

The funny thing is Mitch is using rags in lieu of paper towels. Granted,  he's not consuming paper, but his water usage is probably higher washing all those rags 24/7.

Actually, I have no idea what she sees in him.  He’s everything a woman doesn’t want.  I think she’s just desperate for a man.  You could see she’s aggravated all the time …o.k.  MOST of the time.

23 hours ago, cinsays said:

I don’t care for them myself.  I use the same color pencil for years.  Takes two seconds.

2 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Amen!

First off, why couldn't she be honest on the application?  She clearly knew it was wrong which is why she confessed it to Binh.  

Binh may have erroneously thought you can't be an RN without a bachelor's, but he basically was confronted with: the stranger I married just told me she lied on the application.  What else did she lie about?

A normal person would chalk it up to a misunderstanding that was catapulted by the confession and also assumed some blame.  Well, I did lie on the application, even if it was a technicality, and he made an incorrect assumption based on my telling him I liked on the application.  Most people would've given him a little grace knowing that he's paired with a stranger and the lie reveal would probably have most people wondering:  who did I marry?

She takes ZERO blame.  And then she has the gall to talk constantly about her inability to trust him. Why didn't the show ever hold her the slightest bit accountable?  Instead, Binh sounds like a battered spouse.

I've said it before but given before she ever met Binh, she was already accusing him of lying about having COVID,  she can't trust anyone because she knows she's not trustworthy.

I completely agree with all you say here and think that is exactly why she might threaten to sue!!! She will do anything to look innocent.  But yes, the experts shouldn't have taken that seriously (if that is indeed what happened).

• Love 3
14 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

OK, I'm no show recall expert, and I'm definitely not a Morgan defender, but people seem to be forgetting that there was more to what happened than just Binh telling Justin what turned out to be a lie.  So first, Morgan did lie on her MAFS application, and she told Binh that she had indicated she had her Bachelors when really she was short in credits (I can't remember if it was 3-hours short, which would be one credit, or 3-credits short).   This confession took place in a private conversation that we did not see, and they made an agreement not to discuss certain things outside of their private conversations.  She was apparently very very embarrassed about this and it was a big deal to her.  However, Binh went and told Justin that Morgan was not a nurse.  What bothered Morgan was 1) that was not true 2) Binh did not ask her about his concern that she wasn't really a nurse and instead went to it with Justin 3) they had agreed not to discuss such things outside of their private conversations.  So he violated her trust by discussing with Justin something that they had agreed would not be discussed outside of their privacy, and further, he chose to discuss his doubts/concerns with someone else rather than bring them to her first.

Then they had a conversation about it, she explained how it violated her trust, and they agreed that he wouldn't discuss things behind her back anymore and would instead come to her.  She thought they were working on building up the trust, but then she finds out he did it again, and went behind her back to Justin!  That is where she gave up on him and the marriage.  Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think there were any other secrets, or special topics, or even that it matters what specific things Binh said to Justin.  It's that after having f*cked up royally the first time and losing her trust, Binh did it again.  However, she handled it like someone who valued being right, and rubbing his nose in it like a dog in pee, more than trying to work together to salvage the relationship.

I know all this but thanks for detailing it and adding the part about Binh going behind her back again a second time after he had agreed not to.  I thought I put in my post that the only lie Morgan told was the one about being a few credits short of the degree, not about being a nurse.  I said that questioning whether she was really a nurse was Binh's assumption and the impression he gave Justin.  I also said I could understand Morgan being upset about that to a degree, but not to the high horse deal breaking, rub his nose in it degree she took it.  I do think her reaction made her look worse than if she had just explained all this and left it at that and talked to Binh like a human being with empathy about his issues.  Instead she made herself look cold hard and unforgiving.   Which she is.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Sure she wouldn't have had an issue if she didn't lie, but the lie was about as miniscule as one could get in the scheme of lies, especially on this show.  Why a mountain is being made out of a molehill is beyond me.  Why she couldn't have been honest on the application is also beyond me because the show wouldn't have cared one bit about her being short a few credits, but the transgression was blown way out of proportion in my opinion by Binh and by the way Alexis reacted and told everyone about it.  Why should she be flayed alive for something that minor?  I'm sure she's going to eventually complete the credits and she IS still a nurse after all.  So what's the big soggy deal?  Even her telling Binh in confidence wouldn't have been a big deal if he had kept her confidence.  We all tell our SO's and spouses less than flattering things about ourselves in confidence that we don't want the world to know.  And we should be able to trust them enough to keep those confidences.  It doesn't really matter what the confidence was about, he had no business telling anyone else about it.  And the only reason she made it a "thing" every step of the way is because the show was making it a "thing" every step of the way and she was trying to defend herself.  I can understand why she wanted to do that, but in the process she ended up making herself look worse because of her own personality flaws.

• Love 2
On 9/28/2022 at 10:04 PM, mythoughtis said:

Mitch is clueless.  He says he’s not been trying to change Krysten… that’s all he does is try to change her to his ideal woman. 

I think he feels inferior as she has it all over him, therefore trying to pull her down with the remarks about her makeup, and that he’s not attracted to her that much.  A confident man would be praising her, not pulling her down.  He’s a hippy, and would be more comfortable with a flower child nearer to his level.  She is so much better than him in so many ways.  Of course they knew that, but put them together for drama like they know how.  I read somewhere those “ experts” have nothing to do with the picking.  Don’t as me where .. I don’t remember what I ate for breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We don’t have any knowledge that Morgan threatened to sue anyone- that’s just speculation on here.  Possibly fueled by how incensed Morgan seems to be about a) Binh and the possible tv audience  thinking she is not a nurse and b) Binh and the possible tv audience thinking she lied.  We don’t even know for sure if she lied on her application or not.  That  was internet gossip leading up to the honeymoon episode.  We just know that Morgan wanted her missing credits to be between her and Binh. We can extrapolate that she might have lied on her application or to the other cast members prior to coming clean to Binh, but we don’t know. The show’s producers have not said  one way or the other.  Is anyone able to go back and see if Morgan was identified as having a BSN in the early episodes? 
Regardless, I do not care for her and I think she will fail at marriage until she gets therapy.  She expects  people ( other than her) to be perfect  and she thinks it’s okay to mistreat them when they aren’t.  She also  makes it impossible to want to have a conversation about an unpleasant matter.  Lastly, it is unrealistic to think your spouse isn’t going to vent about you to anyone else  ever.  Especially not to another cast member who also married a stranger and can probably advise you better than your clueless non cast member friends. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5