Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: The Ugly Truth

• Start Topic

On 10/1/2022 at 10:30 PM, Elizzikra said:

He said he did but I'm thinking he wouldn't wash them to my standards and would use the same cloth he used to scrub the toilet to then wash the wine glasses. They he lets them pile up until he has a big batch to wash, so some of them sit immersed in whatever uck they on them for a couple weeks. Then you just know Mitch crams as much as he can into a single load of laundry so the clothes don't really get clean. Then the circle starts all over again.

Nailed it. 🙂

I do use cloth, but I have one raggedy stack in the garage for dirty outdoor jobs, and a nicer pile of bar cloths for indoor use. But you can bet that when the cat throws up, I'm grabbing paper towels and tossing them straight into the trash. Clorox wipes for the bathroom because yeah, sometimes chemicals are good.

Now let me tell you about my many uses for paper bags.... 🙃

On 10/2/2022 at 1:12 PM, kristen111 said:

The ideal is a beautiful wife who’s great in bed and could cook.  It happens.

Also the ideal husband. 😉

• Love 2

Pia, trust and intimacy counselor, just ruined Alexis and Justin. Dr Pepper please get her off the show. Alexis was dead on when she counseled-back that Pia's approach should be to support a compromise and not to diss her, Alexis. Pia should not be asking if Alexis wants to be married to Justin at this point as that is what the 2 month period is to decide. Pia did not treat Alexis and Justin fairly. Albeit Justin has a lot to learn in regards to defending Alexis as he says he still loves her. Alexis needs an outlet and I am sure it doesn't only mean going out with her friends but because Alexis wants to be married she will try to cultivate a hangout that includes Justin on his terms as well. He needs to embrace figuring out what will help Alexis' mental well being because she is interested in being healthy and well. However Justin clearly isn't concerned with his own mental wellness.

Edited by 4 Austin
11 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

But Mitch wants her to present as homely with ratty hair to America

I mean, to be fair, un-made-up ≠ homely, and unstyled hair ≠ ratty. Krysten’s hair has been unstyled more than it’s been styled on the show and it’s not ratty. It’s just not done. Alexis is the only one who does her hair elaborately; the rest of the women seem to wash and go. I assume Stacia straightens hers but it’s generally styled pretty simply, if at all. And Morgan and Lindy don’t wear much makeup either.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Not only this, but California enacted a new law this year allowing paper products to be put in the green waste trash can. So if you use paper towels with just water you can compost them by putting them in the green waste. I frequently wipe down my kitchen counters with just a wet paper towel now and put it in the green waste. Obviously, sometimes I do use cleaner, but on the daily, I feel better about wiping things down with a paper towel.

Mitch would actually be greener buying and composting paper towels than washing rags because as everyone knows, California is having a massive drought.......

Some of this surprised me but yeah he's a poser and nothing else. Normal, trying to do the right thing people in California do more than he thinks he does just by following the guidelines. This is for CA only so don't go doing this if you live elsewhere please, follow your local guidelines!

IMG_0816(1).jpg.4fc509b9d3baf3da28037395e18946e3.jpg

• Useful 1

I don’t understand the thinking that Lindy would be a bad mother because she was annoyed at a fake crying baby doll. Lindy and Miguel did not ask for the doll and are not having a baby right this second nor are they clueless teenagers. Miguel may have thought it was funny to bring “Migindy” to the guys get together. We also don’t know that Lindy refuses to work, clean or cook. We see only a few minutes of filming in the evening. We don’t see any of these people at work yet I assume they do. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@Welshman in Ca I second calling your local city sanitation department because even though this law is for the entire state, not all cities have complied. I called my local city office just to get detailed information about what can and cannot go into the green waste. They specifically told me paper towels can go, but if I was to spray some type of chemical on it (like Windex, or granite cleaner), it would go in the gray waste. So I mostly just wipe with water now so I can compost it. I've switched to microfiber cloths when I'm using cleaners.

Mitch talks a good game, but there is a way to be green without being a total tool. Would I like things to be easier? Of course. Would I like to find ways to eliminate plastic? Obviously! But the world is not there yet in many ways, and I do what I can when I can. He needs to give some grace to people. You can't live in a big city and have a zero carbon footprint.

• Love 4

IMNSHO, Mitch is a BIG TIME control freak under the guise of 'environmental' consciousness. He will say/do whatever it takes to justify/manipulate his position as the ONLY correct one. Had I the killer mentality/ability and been so unfortunate as to have been matched with him, he would have been dust some time ago.

Does MAFS deliberately select these asshats (male and female) simply to get a rise out of us? I may be slow on the uptake, but that is what I have come to believe.

I used to watch every episode of every season - back when I thought they were actually TRYING to create LASTING marriages.  For the last few seasons, I have only watched selected episodes - skip the 'matchmaking' garbage - watch parts of the (often SOOOOOO embarrassing) wedding episode/s - pick up again post-honeymoon embarrassments - check in again a week or two before decision day & the day of - and perhaps a reunion type episode.

I truly miss the Couples Cam episodes of REAL matches.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don’t understand the thinking that Lindy would be a bad mother because she was annoyed at a fake crying baby doll. Lindy and Miguel did not ask for the doll and are not having a baby right this second nor are they clueless teenagers. Miguel may have thought it was funny to bring “Migindy” to the guys get together. We also don’t know that Lindy refuses to work, clean or cook. We see only a few minutes of filming in the evening. We don’t see any of these people at work yet I assume they do. 

Actually, I think Miguel just beats her to it.  He likes cooking, and, who doesn’t love a baby?  Especially if it’s your own.

I’m not clear on your point. I’m sure Lindy and Miguel would love their baby if they had one but I’m not judging her reaction to a doll. And how do you know Miguel does everything around the house? Maybe he does like cooking and he works from home so maybe he likes taking a break to cook. They look happy to me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, becauseIsaidso said:

IMNSHO, Mitch is a BIG TIME control freak under the guise of 'environmental' consciousness. He will say/do whatever it takes to justify/manipulate his position as the ONLY correct one. Had I the killer mentality/ability and been so unfortunate as to have been matched with him, he would have been dust some time ago.

Does MAFS deliberately select these asshats (male and female) simply to get a rise out of us? I may be slow on the uptake, but that is what I have come to believe.

I used to watch every episode of every season - back when I thought they were actually TRYING to create LASTING marriages.  For the last few seasons, I have only watched selected episodes - skip the 'matchmaking' garbage - watch parts of the (often SOOOOOO embarrassing) wedding episode/s - pick up again post-honeymoon embarrassments - check in again a week or two before decision day & the day of - and perhaps a reunion type episode.

I truly miss the Couples Cam episodes of REAL matches.

The episodes in the beginning looked real and I loved them.  Then they changed.  It doesn’t make sense when we know it is scripted, and not enjoyable.  Waste of time.  Basement Ryan was real, and the blond that didn’t like her partner who 

12 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I’m not clear on your point. I’m sure Lindy and Miguel would love their baby if they had one but I’m not judging her reaction to a doll. And how do you know Miguel does everything around the house? Maybe he does like cooking and he works from home so maybe he likes taking a break to cook. They look happy to 

• Love 1

I stopped taping this show several weeks ago because I felt so annoyed with Mitch and Krysten's marriage. As of now, I'm all caught up and I'm, once again, yelling at Krysten to get the heck out of this marriage!

How can Mitch be so unaware and/or ambivalent about his own behavior and words? And his ridiculous expectations regarding appearance are annoying. Has he not looked in a mirror? How can he not see his reflection in its entirety and recognize he needs a lot of work? Mitch married a woman who is beautiful, accomplished, supportive, financially ahead of him,  and open to therapy... yet Mitch offers ... Uhm... using her words, "contraries". His criticisms (that he states are constructive) only serve to make her feel guilty about her daily existence and her future dreams. 

Mitch also appears to have control issues, and unfortunately, I think he went into this marriage assuming control as soon as he recognized the age imbalance. Being older doesn't always make one  'wiser', as evident in Mitch.

Despite being 9 years younger, Krysten's EQ surpasses Mitch's, and because she's so tuned in to his negativity, she censors herself and walks on eggshells. Bottom line, Mitch is too toxic for Krysten. She needs to run.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Your post made me wonder. If this is not reality, then are the couples who have a disastrous marriage in on it? Were they hired to play a bad marriage?

I think back to that lovely girl matched with the son of a pastor (Chris?) Who was worse than any prior husband, including Brandon. Her embarrassment and pain seemed so real that I would be disgusted if I learned they were both actors.

• Love 1

Maybe he does like cooking and he works from home so maybe he likes taking a break to cook. 

I hope he enjoys cooking because he seems to be good at it. Everything he has served looks delicious.

Mitch married a woman who is beautiful, accomplished, supportive, financially ahead of him, 

We don't actually know this; we know that she outearns him but she may also have a lot of debt or lower savings. I don't have any reason to think that is true and if I had to pick one of them to break bread with, it would 1,000 times over be Krysten, but one of the things I dislike is that there is so little discussion between the couples of how they view money and spending.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:53 AM, Empress1 said:

I mean, to be fair, un-made-up ≠ homely, and unstyled hair ≠ ratty. Krysten’s hair has been unstyled more than it’s been styled on the show and it’s not ratty. It’s just not done. Alexis is the only one who does her hair elaborately; the rest of the women seem to wash and go. I assume Stacia straightens hers but it’s generally styled pretty simply, if at all. And Morgan and Lindy don’t wear much makeup either.

I like Kristyn's hair both ways, but I was just commenting on what Mitch would prefer. If the 4 other brides have makeup and style their hair, and the last one has a homely look, with ratty hair and dirty feet, that bride would really stand out. It would be one thing if the bride was alone out and about. But Mitch wont be happy unless he either gets a Mountain Woman Granola Girl, or...... his MIL would be fine with him as well.

10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

one of the things I dislike is that there is so little discussion between the couples of how they view money and spending.

I agree. There used to be more when the couples had to find and pay for their own housing because at the very least, they had to set a budget for housing. I liked those budget conversations because they made the marriages feel more real. Plus I find personal finance interesting in general.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I agree. There used to be more when the couples had to find and pay for their own housing because at the very least, they had to set a budget for housing. I liked those budget conversations because they made the marriages feel more real. Plus I find personal finance interesting in general.

Agreed. And one of the top reasons marriages is break up is disagreements about money so...

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Agreed. And one of the top reasons marriages is break up is disagreements about money so...

Money and Sex.  On both those fronts this season doesn't offer much hope, but we'll see......

When they were playing dodge ball, they were wearing blue or red mesh vest-type things to indicate which team they were on.  I remember from my school PE days those things had a name, and for the life of me I can't think of it.  Something like cossack?  But that's obviously not it.  Anybody???

• Love 1
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

When they were playing dodge ball, they were wearing blue or red mesh vest-type things to indicate which team they were on.  I remember from my school PE days those things had a name, and for the life of me I can't think of it.  Something like cossack?  But that's obviously not it.  Anybody???

"Pennies" in my day

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I hope he enjoys cooking because he seems to be good at it. Everything he has served looks delicious.

We don't actually know this; we know that she outearns him but she may also have a lot of debt or lower savings. I don't have any reason to think that is true and if I had to pick one of them to break bread with, it would 1,000 times over be Krysten, but one of the things I dislike is that there is so little discussion between the couples of how they view money and spending.

Mitch has been clear since the very beginning that he doesn't earn much. Most of his time goes into the cause which doesn't actually garner much profit. And he said she makes double what he makes. So, we do know. If there were a in debt situation, the show would use it. At best Krysten's savings is probably light because of how much she blew on that wedding.

On 10/5/2022 at 1:59 AM, 4 Austin said:

Pia, trust and intimacy counselor, just ruined Alexis and Justin. Dr Pepper please get her off the show. Alexis was dead on when she counseled-back that Pia's approach should be to support a compromise and not to diss her, Alexis. Pia should not be asking if Alexis wants to be married to Justin at this point as that is what the 2 month period is to decide. Pia did not treat Alexis and Justin fairly. Albeit Justin has a lot to learn in regards to defending Alexis as he says he still loves her. Alexis needs an outlet and I am sure it doesn't only mean going out with her friends but because Alexis wants to be married she will try to cultivate a hangout that includes Justin on his terms as well. He needs to embrace figuring out what will help Alexis' mental well being because she is interested in being healthy and well. However Justin clearly isn't concerned with his own mental wellness.

Pia did nothing to their relationship. There relationship has been broken since the dog incident. She was trying to get to the root of the problem in order to fix it. You can't break what is already broken.

They ask every season at the half point if they want to stay now. This isn't new.

The experts need to know if the participants wants to stay in this order to give them the tools to move forward.

3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

They are called Pinneys

• Thanks 1

THANK YOU!  Apparently "pinny" comes from "pinafore."  Makes sense.

All I could remember is that I hated whatever the word they had for them, and can to this day conjure up my junior high PE teacher talking about pinnies (now that I know it was pinnies (and not cossacks)) and just hating it.  Or maybe I hated PE and was transferring it to the garment, because I have no problem with one-cent coins. 

Whatever--pinnies.  What a relief.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Back in the 60s - we girls had to wear hideous one-piece snap-front gymsuits with bloomers, plus occasionally pinnies, for P.E.

The boys got shorts and T-shirts (reversible for team sports - or shirts and skins).

Edited by kirklandia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/7/2022 at 6:08 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

According to Wikipedia, their official name is scrimmage vest, but in N. American English is called "pinny" (not "penny") and in British English, "bib".