Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: The Ugly Truth

• Start Topic

Do not care for the guest "expert" as he simplified concerns and was more of a motivational speaker than a therapist.

Mitch doesn't really seem to understand some environmental issues such as paper towels versus continual washing of towels.  American paper companies replant the areas in which they have cut trees for paper therefore continually renewing the forests.  Also, paper is one of the most easily compostable/disintegrating materials there is, so they will decompose in landfills (plastics, metals, etc. are much more difficult to decompose [and the batteries from electric vehicles are actually very bad environmentally]).  Washing towels/rags over and over uses more water and can put more impurities into the water disposal system.  Oh, and talking about the dark side of decisions?  Mitch really sees himself as super special as mere mortals don't understand everything he knows.  What blew me away was when he openly admitted that he will be much more judgmental and uncompromising after the eight week "experiment."  Krysten would never be able to live up to his demands and expectations.  And to not expect Krysten's sister to tell her what Mitch talked about?  Totally unrealistic.

Morgan is so self-satisfied that not only did Bihn accept full responsibility for the end of their marriage, but that he will be in therapy for quite a while.  It just proves to her what a good person she is (she should start a club with Alyssa).

I forward Justin and Alexis all the time now.  

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Do not care for the guest "expert" as he simplified concerns and was more of a motivational speaker than a therapist.

Funny thing is, this so-called "therapist," DeVon Franklin, was married to the actress Meagan Good until they divorced earlier this year. 

So, I guess he's an expert on how to get divorced? 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I know all this but thanks for detailing it and adding the part about Binh going behind her back again a second time after he had agreed not to.  I thought I put in my post that the only lie Morgan told was the one about being a few credits short of the degree, not about being a nurse.  I said that questioning whether she was really a nurse was Binh's assumption and the impression he gave Justin.  I also said I could understand Morgan being upset about that to a degree, but not to the high horse deal breaking, rub his nose in it degree she took it.  I do think her reaction made her look worse than if she had just explained all this and left it at that and talked to Binh like a human being with empathy about his issues.  Instead she made herself look cold hard and unforgiving.   Which she is.

Well, that’s information I didn’t know.  He went twice, not once.  I would be mad also, but now realize Binh  is book smart, but common sense stupid.  I would be very pissed if my husband went behind my back and said things about me too.  Besides this was a couple weeks married, not ten years, therefore easy to end the marriage.  She has nothing to lose.  She’s done with him and that’s that.  People have done worse and stayed together.  She has certain rules and that’s her perogative.  It was a quick marriage, easy to forget.  Binh has some rules of life he has to learn.  He’s an innocent softey and she’s a hard nose woman.  Definitely not a good match.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Moldy, scuzzy rags.  Disgust.  My husband goes nuts.  I use lots of paper towels, tissues and toilet paper, lol.  He keeps buying.  Mitch would kill me.  Now I’m wondering if Mitch uses toilet paper.  Lol.

For Mitch to even CASUALLY REFER to "cleanliness" and household cleaning items dropped me on the floor LAUGHING!!  

As you mention the DISGUSTING state of "cleaning rags" that he would THEORETICALLY (not actually) use for "cleaning" would be enough to repulse any sane person!!

Mitch is a bona fide SLOB content to live in SQUALOR with filth and grime everywhere, including the kitchen and bathroom!  His apparent LAZINESS more than contradicts his CLAIM to protecting the "environment." 

All his ridiculous practices and procedures that he "virtue signals" to every "normal" person around him are merely coverups for his psychological issues apparently needing constant attention and "affirmation."  If he had AUTHENTIC interest about the "environment" and "global care of planet earth" he would START by having a CLEAN AND TIDY HOME!!

I'm done! 

Can't stand the guy (especially with the woolen hat "fashion statement" he makes that further solidifies my belief that, at bottom, he's a "poser.") 

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

So 1 couple is officially done, which, I'm bummed because Binh was the 1st to show a relationship book & it was PC's! I guess neither of them even opened it. 🤣 He screwed the marriage by sharing her secret. Terrible start. One couple is on the rocks because he's a damn fool & Alexis threw the grenade. The other 3 seem to be okay. Glad there wasn't anymore J&A yelling footage. Really should've played it on the aftershow while she was there & asked others about it.

On 9/30/2022 at 1:28 PM, Elizzikra said:

Morgan may be attracted to alpha types but that would be a really volatile relationship. I wonder if she is addicted to the drama? I think she has a lot of work to do on herself before she is ready for a relationship with anyone.

That's funny because that is what they said at the Afterparty.  They said Morgan being paired with an Alpha would be like a WWE wrestling match.

6 hours ago, pdlinda said:

For Mitch to even CASUALLY REFER to "cleanliness" and household cleaning items dropped me on the floor LAUGHING!!  

As you mention the DISGUSTING state of "cleaning rags" that he would THEORETICALLY (not actually) use for "cleaning" would be enough to repulse any sane person!!

Mitch is a bona fide SLOB content to live in SQUALOR with filth and grime everywhere, including the kitchen and bathroom!  His apparent LAZINESS more than contradicts his CLAIM to protecting the "environment." 

All his ridiculous practices and procedures that he "virtue signals" to every "normal" person around him are merely coverups for his psychological issues apparently needing constant attention and "affirmation."  If he had AUTHENTIC interest about the "environment" and "global care of planet earth" he would START by having a CLEAN AND TIDY HOME!!

I'm done! 

Can't stand the guy (especially with the woolen hat "fashion statement" he makes that further solidifies my belief that, at bottom, he's a "poser.") 

I sometimes think Mitch is a beach bum pretending to be an environmentalist because it gives his life choices an air of nobility.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I wonder if Mitch thinks Krysten should stop using tampons. I could see him telling her she needs to use that gross cup thing.

He does. I mean - he said he wouldn't tell her how to handle her menstrual cycle but the right thing to do would be to use the cup.

18 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I really wish the "expert" had followed up to Alexis saying she wanted the freedom that the club gives her, to ask her what specifically at the club she finds the freedom in. 

Good point.  She was saying she's at the club for only a couple of hours, and I haven't been in a club in decades but my impression is that they're loud, and not where you would go to do quick catch-up with your girlfriends.  But maybe that's exactly what she does, but maybe not.  It would be helpful, especially for Justin (and us!), to know what's going on. 

I'm pretty sure she's said that she's invited Justin to go with her, but he's declined.  So maybe she just wants to go dance her ass off and would be happy to have him along, which does make it sound much more innocuous.  But maybe that's part of her plan--ask him to go, knowing he won't, and go out and enjoy being hit on by men like when you were single.

It always seems that there are easily answerable questions that are never answered.

18 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

[Lindy] clearly has an issue about 'forever', since she's brought this subject up before, but I think her focus on this hypothetical, which Miguel can't get behind, is blinding her to what really matters, which is what does commitment to the marriage look like for Miguel.

I have a friend who has a PhD in physics, and like Miguel he's a neuroscientist.  I remember when he was in his 30s and had a girlfriend he was serious about, I was asking if he'd told her he loved her and he said no, and I asked why not, and he went on this thing about how do you know if you're in love?  What is love, anyway?  When Miguel was saying he can't predict forever, it sounded exactly like my friend. 

Being scientists, they're all about what's demonstrable, and they embrace certainty to the extent it can be had.  Loving someone forever doesn't really fit into that mold.  I can just hear his neurons saying, "Does. Not. Compute."

19 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Then they had a conversation about it, she explained how it violated her trust, and they agreed that he wouldn't discuss things behind her back anymore and would instead come to her.  She thought they were working on building up the trust, but then she finds out he did it again, and went behind her back to Justin! 

You left out that she asked him directly if he'd talked to Justin again about their relationship and he lied and said he hadn't.  This is the lying "to her face" that he admits, and that other husbands agree that he did, and shouldn't have.

He'd also told her that he had told the guys, when they were together talking about their marriages, that out of respect for Morgan he wasn't going to talk about their marriage.  He made himself sound quite noble when he told her about that declaration.  What was considerably less noble, and what he left out, was that he was indeed talking about his marriage, against her wishes, in one-on-one conversations. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Being scientists, they're all about what's demonstrable, and they embrace certainty to the extent it can be had.  Loving someone forever doesn't really fit into that mold.  I can just hear his neurons saying, "Does. Not. Compute."

I peg Lindy and Miguel as Myers-Briggs almost polar opposite personalities.  I think he's an INTJ and she's an INFP.  On an INFJ chat group I belonged to 20 years ago (and on a few INTJ boards) that combination was talked about as the legendary bad match, the inspiration for the NT/NF death spiral I predicted for this couple weeks ago.  They may still survive it but it's happening already and it's not a pretty sight.  We used to call INFPs the prince or princesses of mythology, the keepers of the castle, the fluffy bunnies of the type world.  They wear their soft side on the outside and the inside is even more squishy and mushy.  They are fanciful, can be spacey and full of imaginative ideas and possibilities.  They let their feelings guide them.  Rational thought is not their preference, and their version of it can irritate more rational types.  Meanwhile, INTJs are the owls of the type world.  Quiet, serious, analytic and rational, they often seem emotionally detached and even cold.  They prefer thinking over feeling and have a little more difficulty with emotions and nebulous concepts like love than some other types.  No surprise, as they are often fact and theory based, many are scientists. 

I really hope Lindy and Miguel make it, but INTJs tend to find INFPs very annoying in large doses although they can be strangely drawn to them.  Meanwhile INFPs can be fascinated by INTJs, which is what can lead to the death spiral as INTJs keep their distance and try to pull away from the INFPs efforts to get closer to them emotionally.  I spent so many years on type boards listening to INTJs gripe about INFPs that this is not just something I pulled out of thin air.  I also spent time on INFP boards listening to the tales of woe of INFPs that had their hearts stomped on and broken by INTJs.  They often feel as though INTJs have ice running in their veins, and that INTJs don't understand them at their core, and the deep idealism they feel.

Me, I'm an INFJ.  I'm lead by my intuition and prefer feeling, but have a stronger thinking function than INFPs do in general, so I see both sides of the coin with these two types!  I have to wonder if this couple was matched intentionally as an "opposites attract" pairing given what I've noticed about them.  I feel like this type pairing is a long shot.  We'll see if it works out in the long run, but I'm not going to place money on it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

I sometimes think Mitch is a beach bum pretending to be an environmentalist because it gives his life choices an air of nobility.

Agreed because with the little $$$ he apparently makes he spends it on these surfing "toys" that he enjoys and are expensive. 

I guess he can't drop the "pretense" of his "cause" because without that he is, exactly as you state, a BEACH BUM....and at 41 I'm not sure how many years he might have left to pursue the activities he enjoys the most with his aging body.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Krysten can actually say her husband is on the rag. 

The funny thing is Mitch is using rags in lieu of paper towels. Granted,  he's not consuming paper, but his water usage is probably higher washing all those rags 24/7.

Well now, you are assuming he actually washes them.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I love the way Mitch claims he wanted a hippy girl but his face lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw Krysten's mama walking down the aisle with her hot pink dress and face full of makeup.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I love the way Mitch claims he wanted a hippy girl but his face lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw Krysten's mama walking down the aisle with her hot pink dress and face full of makeup.

TRUE.  Further proof that he's a AAA PHONY!!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

It was a quick marriage, easy to forget.  Binh has some rules of life he has to learn.  He’s an innocent softey and she’s a hard nose woman.  Definitely not a good match.

Good summary.  The experts would then add, "His softness will help bring out the softness in her, and her toughness will help toughen him up."  OR if they wanted to be truthful, "They will butt heads big-time and make for crazy drama!"

7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

We don’t even know for sure if she lied on her application or not.  That  was internet gossip leading up to the honeymoon episode.  We just know that Morgan wanted her missing credits to be between her and Binh. We can extrapolate that she might have lied on her application or to the other cast members prior to coming clean to Binh, but we don’t know. The show’s producers have not said  one way or the other.  Is anyone able to go back and see if Morgan was identified as having a BSN in the early episodes? 

I took one for the team and went back to re-watch the early episodes and the only nursing-related things on screen were a chryon that said "Endoscopy Nurse" when she first was shown to us, and at the matchmaking decision time with DP and PC, it indicated she was a registered nurse.  There was nothing in her initial video, or in her initial meeting with the experts, that mentioned anything other than just being a nurse. 

I also re-watched the crucial beach conversation that took place in the episode that aired on Wednesday Aug. 10.  Binh says the following in his talking head: "Last night she brought me aside, and she said, 'Don't tell anyone, but I have one course left on my BSN--my Bachelor. And to me that means Bachelor of Science in Nursing. So in my mind, I'm like, so wait, she's not a nurse yet.  So she told the experts something else than what she actually is."  Then Morgan says in her TH, "It blows my mind that I told him everything very openly, and I apologized profusely for not being more truthful about having that last class left." 

So, given that she truly is a nurse and would have nothing to apologize for related to that, then the apology must have been for having misrepresented to someone about being done with her schooling.  We don't know whether it was on the application, or in un-aired conversation with the experts or with Binh.  But it seems very unlikely to have been in actual conversation, because that is waaay more of an overt lie, than it would have been to just put it on the application. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I guess he can't drop the "pretense" of his "cause" because without that he is, exactly as you state, a BEACH BUM....and at 41 I'm not sure how many years he might have left to pursue the activities he enjoys the most with his aging body.

I don't know anything at a all about surfing but I think some people can still do it into their 60's and 70s. Mitch still has a few more years to hang 10.

He said he did but I'm thinking he wouldn't wash them to my standards and would use the same cloth he used to scrub the toilet to then wash the wine glasses. They he lets them pile up until he has a big batch to wash, so some of them sit immersed in whatever uck they on them for a couple weeks. Then you just know Mitch crams as much as he can into a single load of laundry so the clothes don't really get clean. Then the circle starts all over again.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, qtpye said:

You may be right there.  He lit up when seeing Krysten’s mother all dolled up, full of makeup and sexy dress.  He may have wanted some extra money so signed up for the show.  He figured he would get a vacation, a nice honeymoon, great food, drink good booze and frolic in the water.  Getting laid was a bonus too.  He knew he probably wouldn’t stay with her, so he pissed her off about the makeup, etc., should by chance she would fall for him.  Maybe he’s a janitor or beach cleaner for the town.  Just a consideration of course.  Anyone can see they both weren’t a match.  He probably gained about twenty pounds from all the good food between the show and her cooking.  Who slurps food down like that?  A person who’s seeing good food for a change.  Who uses rags?  A person who can’t afford paper products.  I think I’m reading too many books, lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, pdlinda said:

and at 41 I'm not sure how many years he might have left to pursue the activities he enjoys the most with his aging body.

Damn. I know folks don’t like Mitch, but he’s 41, not 71! 41 is not that old. Swimming and water activities are good for all ages because the water makes them easy on the joints. And he rides a bike, which is also easy on the joints. I’m an avid cyclist and know a lot of senior citizen cyclists who took it up when they could no longer run (running is really hard on the body by comparison). It’s not like he has one foot in the grave!

(One of my gym buddies at my old gym is a grandmother in her 70s with visible abs. She and I became friendly because we took the same spin class and that spin class with that particular instructor was HARD. She’s one of my fitness inspirations.)

• Applause 4
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, pdlinda said:

.and at 41 I'm not sure how many years he might have left to pursue the activities he enjoys the most with his aging body.

I had to laugh at this because, really, we all have "aging" bodies, day by day.  😅

Seriously though, 41 is not that old.  Not at all.  I know many people over 60 who still work out and look great.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2022 at 5:07 PM, Ilovepie said:

Mitch is crazy - Krysten doesn't go overboard with her makeup - it's tasteful and just makes her look pretty. Yeah, this would definitely be my deal breaker! Imagine if Mitch was married to Dallas Amber, or even Lindy with that stupid bright pink lipstick 24/7.......

It's hard to believe that Mitch wants "a natural girl" or "hippie chick" when he just about had an orgasm at one glimpse of Krysten's over-surgeried, over-made-up, tastelessly bimbo-ed, trying-to-steal-the-thinder-at-her-own-daughter's-wedding mom.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, brilliantbreakfast said:

It's hard to believe that Mitch wants "a natural girl" or "hippie chick" when he just about had an orgasm at one glimpse of Krysten's over-surgeried, over-made-up, tastelessly bimbo-ed, trying-to-steal-the-thinder-at-her-own-daughter's-wedding mom.

What men like to look at & fuck and what they want to marry are usually 2 totally different things. A lady in the street & a freak between the sheets is very true, we're really quite simple beings for the most part.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Good summary.  The experts would then add, "His softness will help bring out the softness in her, and her toughness will help toughen him up."  OR if they wanted to be truthful, "They will butt heads big-time and make for crazy drama!"

I took one for the team and went back to re-watch the early episodes and the only nursing-related things on screen were a chryon that said "Endoscopy Nurse" when she first was shown to us, and at the matchmaking decision time with DP and PC, it indicated she was a registered nurse.  There was nothing in her initial video, or in her initial meeting with the experts, that mentioned anything other than just being a nurse. 

I also re-watched the crucial beach conversation that took place in the episode that aired on Wednesday Aug. 10.  Binh says the following in his talking head: "Last night she brought me aside, and she said, 'Don't tell anyone, but I have one course left on my BSN--my Bachelor. And to me that means Bachelor of Science in Nursing. So in my mind, I'm like, so wait, she's not a nurse yet.  So she told the experts something else than what she actually is."  Then Morgan says in her TH, "It blows my mind that I told him everything very openly, and I apologized profusely for not being more truthful about having that last class left." 

So, given that she truly is a nurse and would have nothing to apologize for related to that, then the apology must have been for having misrepresented to someone about being done with her schooling.  We don't know whether it was on the application, or in un-aired conversation with the experts or with Binh.  But it seems very unlikely to have been in actual conversation, because that is waaay more of an overt lie, than it would have been to just put it on the application. 

Bingo.

Thanks for the rewatch b/c I thought for sure that it had already been discussed.

That she said, "Don't tell anyone" which is essentially "don't tell anyone that I lied [on the application, or to the producers]" and then makes the entire season all about him "lying to her face" is truly galling.

Please tell me Binh will get some balls and mention this in the reunion instead of continually accepting all blame when the reality is the stranger he married started off the season, the union, and possibly the friendships with a lie.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

What men like to look at & fuck and what they want to marry are usually 2 totally different things. A lady in the street & a freak between the sheets is very true, we're really quite simple beings for the most part.  

The ideal is a beautiful wife who’s great in bed and could cook.  It happens.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

He lit up when seeing Krysten’s mother all dolled up, full of makeup and sexy dress.  

16 hours ago, qtpye said:

14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

He lit up when seeing Krysten’s mother all dolled up, full of makeup and sexy dress. 

41 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but while I was re-watching, I saw that scene, and the only expression on his face when he first saw the mom was kind of a neutral/confused look.  He then asked the officiant if that was his wife, and he started smiling/laughing about the mistake he had just made.  Then he faced the mom and had sort of a weird, slightly embarrassed grin and waved to her and introduced himself.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but while I was re-watching, I saw that scene, and the only expression on his face when he first saw the mom was kind of a neutral/confused look.  He then asked the officiant if that was his wife, and he started smiling/laughing about the mistake he had just made.  Then he faced the mom and had sort of a weird, slightly embarrassed grin and waved to her and introduced himself.

I'm confused how he thought a woman in a hot pink dress = bride.  I mean, seemingly the lack of a wedding dress would be the tipoff.

But the reason people are saying what they are about Mitch digging her mom is that he glowingly called her beautiful and seemed to be hitting on her (even his castmates joked that he was hitting on the mom).  We're contrasting his reactions about mom to his comments about the actual bride and then his reveal to Krysten how he's not attracted to her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I had to laugh at this because, really, we all have "aging" bodies, day by day.  😅

Seriously though, 41 is not that old.  Not at all.  I know many people over 60 who still work out and look great.  

FOR SURE!  I was specifically referring to SURFING, not "exercising" and working out that many I know do quite strenuously in their 80's!!

I don't recall seeing people in their 40's and beyond handling those crashing waves and other stresses on their joints and other parts of their bodies that can't be "regulated" like they can in other forms of exercise.

If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.😉

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

Yes, and I never got the impression that he was hitting on the mom when he called her beautiful.  He was just complimenting her as any man would do when first meeting his bride's mother. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, and I never got the impression that he was hitting on the mom when he called her beautiful.  He was just complimenting her as any man would do when first meeting his bride's mother. 

And yet he didn't tell his bride that she was beautiful (although he did tell her he wasn't attracted to her).

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

Lindy complaint about the fake baby keeping them up. Why does she care? She doesn’t work full time. I’m guessing she’s not working at all right now for the “process.” I am looking forward to the meltdown next week.

Part of me would love to sneak into Mitch and Krystens apartment and plant red solo cups, plastics straws, a case of paper towels, bottled water, napkins and paper plates.

Im sad that not one person defended Binh. Morgan was awful and gross, 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I don't recall seeing people in their 40's and beyond handling those crashing waves and other stresses on their joints and other parts of their bodies that can't be "regulated" like they can in other forms of exercise.

Laird Hamilton is 57.  Here he is when he was 36--5 years younger than Mitch.

themillenniumwave.jpg

He's transitioned to foiling.  Here he is when he was 50.

Laird-Photos-1-089.jpg

With foils, you ride above the water, so it's a smoother ride.  He probably took it up as a convenient cover for his age-related decrepitude of joints and other body parts.  😀

Seriously--I windsurf with people in their 80s.  We're not at Jaws in Hawaii, but neither is Mitch.  He's got lots of years of surfing left in him.

Actually, it just occurred to me that I took my first (and only) surfing lesson when I was 46, as a pre-Title IX female non-athlete who didn't even take dance lessons as a kid.  I just wanted to try it out, and it was fun.  If I lived near an appropriate surfing spot AND if I didn't have to compete for waves with anybody (I hate that kind of shit), I'd definitely try it again now, at 65.  And Medicare would cover any injuries.

ETA: And now that I think about it even more, I didn't start windsurfing until I was almost 40, and trust me, back then the equipment was nothing like the easy-to-learn-on stuff they have today, and my 40-year-old joints and muscles took a beating those first few years.  So yeah, Mitch has a long way to go before Silver Sneakers chair yoga.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

And yet he didn't tell his bride that she was beautiful (although he did tell her he wasn't attracted to her).

Just because he wasn't attracted to Krysten, doesn't mean he was hitting on the mom.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Laird Hamilton is 57.  Here he is when he was 36--5 years younger than Mitch.

themillenniumwave.jpg

He's transitioned to foiling.  Here he is when he was 50.

Laird-Photos-1-089.jpg

With foils, you ride above the water, so it's a smoother ride.  He probably took it up as a convenient cover for his age-related decrepitude of joints and other body parts.  😀

Seriously--I windsurf with people in their 80s.  We're not at Jaws in Hawaii, but neither is Mitch.  He's got lots of years of surfing left in him.

Actually, it just occurred to me that I took my first (and only) surfing lesson when I was 46, as a pre-Title IX female non-athlete who didn't even take dance lessons as a kid.  I just wanted to try it out, and it was fun.  If I lived near an appropriate surfing spot AND if I didn't have to compete for waves with anybody (I hate that kind of shit), I'd definitely try it again now, at 65.  And Medicare would cover any injuries.

I think that's GREAT!  It's not for everybody but if that's the direction Mitch takes his life as the years go on, good for him! 

At least that would be a pursuit that he could enjoy on his own, or with like-minded folks and not have to jump through the relationship "hoops" driven by a reality TV show!!

6 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm confused how he thought a woman in a hot pink dress = bride.  I mean, seemingly the lack of a wedding dress would be the tipoff.

Stranger things have happened on this show; it’s only a matter of time before a bride wears a totally non traditional dress. Remember QUIRKY Amelia who rode a unicycle down the aisle???

2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Lindy complaint about the fake baby keeping them up. Why does she care? She doesn’t work full time. I’m guessing she’s not working at all right now for the “process.” I am looking forward to the meltdown next week

I no longer work full time but I don’t want to be up all night either - especially not with a crying baby. 

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Mitch prides himself as a guy who does not do what is expected of him even for the sake of good manners. He could not even wear a shirt he did not like for 5 minutes even as a joke.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

But the reason people are saying what they are about Mitch digging her mom is that he glowingly called her beautiful and seemed to be hitting on her (even his castmates joked that he was hitting on the mom).  We're contrasting his reactions about mom to his comments about the actual bride and then his reveal to Krysten how he's not attracted to her.

Yes, I understand all that.  I was specifically referring to the many comments in this thread, and actually all season, about how he reacted when he first saw the mom.

3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I actually re-watched that scene as well.  The whole reason he brought up the "beautiful" thing in the first place, was in his stumbling/bumbling answer to the mom asking him what he thought of Krysten when he first saw her walking down the aisle.  OMG it was so cringe-worthy and there was definitely nothing glowing about how he was talking or looking at her.

So here is what he said, and really, he was stumbling/bumbling all through his entire answer: "It's -- it's like I --, I mean, first of all, you're very beautiful, you know, and she takes it from you, so when you actually walked down first, I was like -- I was like, "Is that my wife?" [he laughs] I didn't know. You know what I mean?"  There was not a shred of flirtation on his part or hitting on her.  (And since the castmates weren't there, they wouldn't have known what he said or how he said it...their joking to him would have been generic based on what he reported to them.) 

16 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Mitch prides himself as a guy who does not do what is expected of him even for the sake of good manners. He could not even wear a shirt he did not like for 5 minutes even as a joke.

But he actually was doing what was expected of him.  He had gone over to talk to the mother of the bride at the reception, by himself.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

So here is what he said, and really, he was stumbling/bumbling all through his entire answer: "It's -- it's like I --, I mean, first of all, you're very beautiful, you know, and she takes it from you, so when you actually walked down first, I was like -- I was like, "Is that my wife?" [he laughs] I didn't know. You know what I mean?"  There was not a shred of flirtation on his part or hitting on her.  (And since the castmates weren't there, they wouldn't have known what he said or how he said it...their joking to him would have been generic based on what he reported to them.) 

My take on Mitch with Krysten's mother at the wedding is not that he was flirting with her.  It's his almost guilty, ashamed demeanor when talking to her.  The shy body language and the stumbling and bumbling was betraying what I interpreted as attraction, and bringing up how beautiful she was and how he for a moment thought she might be his wife was a little cringeworthy and IMO inappropriate to do at your own wedding.  That he would say that is not really a sign of him trying to be gracious or flattering of Krysten's mother in an appropriate sense, but a sign of him being so nervous that he's engaging in the kind of slips, sort of like "Freudian slips" that give away what he's really feeling inside and is too un-self aware to realize he is giving away about himself.

So in a nutshell, his behavior was more a sign of how he really felt inside than him consciously flirting.  And the fact that he didn't act similarly around Krysten also shows me he likely didn't have any real attraction for her immediately.  Otherwise he would have shown some sign of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/30/2022 at 12:01 PM, kristen111 said:

Yes, they are permanent and cost a bundle as far as I know.  I’m sure an expert will know more tho.  I don’t know if or how the real eyebrows grow back.  I don’t care for the look.  Fake.

Microblading uses a special tattooing tool which consists of several small needles to apply semi-permanent pigment under the skin.

Cost is $400.00 - $600.00.

Microblading lasts for 18 - 30 months.

No brow hairs are removed in the microblading process, so there's nothing to grow back. 

Chances are you've seen many women whose brows have been microbladed without you noticing it. Before microblading begins, the style of brows you want is discussed with the technician and they fill in your brows with an eyebrow pencil to show you how the end result will look. If you don't care for it, changes will be made and the microblading won't begin until the customer and the technician agree on the style. If you want a very natural looking result, that can be done.

On 9/30/2022 at 6:29 PM, gwen747 said:

I wonder if Mitch thinks Krysten should stop using tampons. I could see him telling her she needs to use that gross cup thing.

There are many advantages to using a menstrual cup:

1). They're far less expensive than tampons or pads. 

2). They're safer than tampons because they eliminate the risk of toxic shock syndrome.

3). You can wear one for up to 12 hours at a time, because menstrual cups hold 1 to 2 ounces of blood, whereas tampons hold only ⅓ ounce.

4) They rarely leak.

5). They're better for the environment than tampons and pads.

6). You can have sex while wearing one. 

As far as the "gross" factor: you remove it while sitting on the toilet, and pour the contents into the toilet bowl. Then you wash the menstrual cup, wipe it dry, and reinsert it. Easy! 

On 10/1/2022 at 12:58 PM, Crashcourse said:

Funny thing is, this so-called "therapist," DeVon Franklin, was married to the actress Meagan Good until they divorced earlier this year. 

So, I guess he's an expert on how to get divorced? 🙄

Those that can, do.

Those that can't, teach. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Those that can, do.

Those that can't, teach. 

This is such a tired and insulting cliche.  There are many, many wonderful teachers who expertly help students learn and, to a large degree, change their lives.  Yes, there are really awful teachers as well (just as in any profession one will find wonderful and not so wonderful employees/professionals).

I am fairly confident that this cliche wasn't used to insult all teachers, rather just the "expert" that was referenced, but it still hurts to read things like this after a career of hard-work leading to brilliantly successful students (and some not so much).

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, qtpye said:

That new shirt will equal about 20 brand new rags to mop up with.  If he has scissors.  Or not.

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Yes, I understand all that.  I was specifically referring to the many comments in this thread, and actually all season, about how he reacted when he first saw the mom.

I actually re-watched that scene as well.  The whole reason he brought up the "beautiful" thing in the first place, was in his stumbling/bumbling answer to the mom asking him what he thought of Krysten when he first saw her walking down the aisle.  OMG it was so cringe-worthy and there was definitely nothing glowing about how he was talking or looking at her.

But he actually was doing what was expected of him.  He had gone over to talk to the mother of the bride at the reception, by himself.

Or them watching the scene itself.

Or them talking to him off camera about Krysten's mom.

There's a reason that the there was so much talk about Mitch and Krysten's mom.  Because the vast majority of people watched and thought he seemed very attracted to Krysten's mom while not being attracted to Krysten.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I no longer work full time but I don’t want to be up all night either - especially not with a crying baby. 

I do work full-time but people need sleep because it’s a biological need like food and water, not just because they have to go to work. I prioritize rest for me, not my job (my job is at least third on my priority list behind health and my blood-and-chosen family, and there’s zero chance it moves up the list. If it moves it’ll be down).

That said, while I mostly skip Miguel and Lindy, it seemed like Miguel took a lot more interest in the baby than Lindy.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

That said, while I mostly skip Miguel and Lindy, it seemed like Miguel took a lot more interest in the baby than Lindy.

He did but I don't read much into that. I thought that whole plotline was just a distraction. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. I just didn't pay that much attention to it. I'm not sure that I would be so invested in a fake baby but I wouldn't neglect a real one. I don't think it reveals anything about what type of parents they would be if they had a baby together.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Remember QUIRKY Amelia who rode a unicycle down the aisle???

I'm pretty sure it was one of her bridesmaids who rode a unicycle down the aisle, not Amelia herself. 

I've decided what I want is for Mitch and Krysten to divorce, and for Krysten to take up surfing and get pretty good at it.  Then she can be hanging around at the surf spot he just happens to go to himself, with a sun-kissed unmade-up face, and Mitch will be on the sidelines lamenting, "I threw that away."

• Like 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

He did but I don't read much into that. I thought that whole plotline was just a distraction. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it. I just didn't pay that much attention to it. I'm not sure that I would be so invested in a fake baby but I wouldn't neglect a real one. I don't think it reveals anything about what type of parents they would be if they had a baby together.

Yeah, I’m not interested either way. 🙂 Lindy annoys me and I’m neutral on Miguel so I tend to skip over them.

• Like 1

Yes, it was a fake baby, but the fact that Miguel ended up taking the baby to the guy's activity, which was playing basketball, while Lindy, whose activity was sitting around with the wives and chatting and having drinks, did not. It would have been much easier for Lindy to care for  the baby than for Miguel to not be able to shoot hoops, unless he put the baby down. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

This is such a tired and insulting cliche.  There are many, many wonderful teachers who expertly help students learn and, to a large degree, change their lives.  Yes, there are really awful teachers as well (just as in any profession one will find wonderful and not so wonderful employees/professionals).

I am fairly confident that this cliche wasn't used to insult all teachers, rather just the "expert" that was referenced, but it still hurts to read things like this after a career of hard-work leading to brilliantly successful students (and some not so much).

I was speaking to those who have no formal training in an area in which they give instruction, but looking into their background, it's apparent they were unsuccessful at putting into practice in their own lives what they're teaching others. 

So yes: the so-called "expert" and all those like him. 

I apologize for not making that clear, as I have the utmost respect for professional teachers. 

On 10/1/2022 at 4:55 PM, Meowwww said:

He doesn't need to wash them. Did you see how filthy his place was? Mitch seems insecure and is using environmentalism as a crutch to feel superior-virtual signaling like its going out of style. I am almost positive that he doesn't use toilet paper. I lived with hippies like this and they used a gallon milk jug, cut in half, filled with water, when they used the bathroom.  I love the environment, but not my thing.  I like Krsysten. She is way out of Mitch's league. She seems normal and highly tolerant.  I think her makeup and hair are fine. 

Morgan needs serious therapy.  I was married to an alpha.  She could let things go, unlike Morgan.  Any guy watching MAFS would never date Morgan. I agree with the peeps that said Morgan threatened legal action against MAFS, so they are bending over backwards to make Bihn responsible.  Poor guy wants to leave SD, he is so traumatized. He is so clueless about women.

I blame Morgan for the original lie.  Bihn was right- if Morgan was going to lie about something so small an stupid, what big lies would she tell.  I think Morgan was so upset because she told the same lie to non MAFS people and she didn't want that shown. I get why Bihn thought she wasn't a nurse. She lied, its all on her.  To not expect spouses to talk to each other, when that is the whole point of the show is dumb on Morgan's part.

Justin too- totally clueless about women. At least he stopped crying every time he got upset, so that's progress.  I dont know how the sex happens but good on him. I blame Alexia for destroying Bihns marriage and she seems like she wants to destroy Mitch's marriage. But honestly, we might all be getting played.  Production might have asked Bihn to tell Justin, or asked Alexia to spill on Bihn.  I would not put it past them.  So it might be productions fault. I dont like Alexia's dress or the loop in her forehead.

I like Miguel and understand his wife (Krstin?).  I understand why Miguel cant handle the weird behavior.  She grew up in a conservative religious institute and I think that is affecting her behavior now that she broke out of it.

I didnt know what to think about Nate-Dog but he seems to be the balanced one.  Stacia should drop the obsession over I Love You. I dont think he is ready to have kids right away.  The editing at the beginning made Nate look uneducated and low class, but now he talks like a normal college educated person.  I think Stacia could be a good wife, but she needs to chill.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

I agree with the peeps that said Morgan threatened legal action against MAFS,

What legal action? Defamation? She’s the one who lied on her application - they used the information she gave them. I don’t see what leg she has to stand on. And Lifetime’s lawyers are likely more powerful than what she could afford, and I’d also assume that whatever contracts they sign to do the show absolves the network of a lot (if I recall correctly, the Real World contract absolves the show of everything including murder). It’s hard for me to imagine the show being scared of Morgan.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 2
On 9/29/2022 at 9:12 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

If that's the case, then Mitch should be advocating for paper towels, as California's issues with water are widely known. 

Not only this, but California enacted a new law this year allowing paper products to be put in the green waste trash can. So if you use paper towels with just water you can compost them by putting them in the green waste. I frequently wipe down my kitchen counters with just a wet paper towel now and put it in the green waste. Obviously, sometimes I do use cleaner, but on the daily, I feel better about wiping things down with a paper towel.

Mitch would actually be greener buying and composting paper towels than washing rags because as everyone knows, California is having a massive drought.......

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Not only this, but California enacted a new law this year allowing paper products to be put in the green waste trash can. So if you use paper towels with just water you can compost them by putting them in the green waste. I frequently wipe down my kitchen counters with just a wet paper towel now and put it in the green waste. Obviously, sometimes I do use cleaner, but on the daily, I feel better about wiping things down with a paper towel.

Mitch would actually be greener buying and composting paper towels than washing rags because as everyone knows, California is having a massive drought.......

Yes he's a poser.  He blew it with his wife and now she is gonna put him in his place.  I think even the Granola girls are going to get turned off by his attitude. Krystn wanted to present her best self to America and that included makeup and a nice hairstyle.  But Mitch wants her to present as homely with ratty hair to America, while the other brides are totally made up and have interesting hairstyles. All this after he was drooling over his totally made up MIL, lolz.

• Love 3