Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E12: Baby Steps

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I disagree, Justin knew his dog's history and should have removed the dog the first time he bared his teeth and growled. And he could have told her to leave Newton on a leash.

Ok, so they are both at fault.  She’s blaming only him.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Shallow comment here but everytime Krysten is on screen I can't stop staring at her nose. Any idea why it's so red all of the time?

37 minutes ago, Shauna said:

I did notice her red nose, but for me, it is the eyes.  I can't get past them.  Definite medical condition. 

In order to impress Mitch, Krysten has taken to not wearing makeup on camera. 

She is a great-looking lady and I don't wear makeup either but it does help smooth out some of those minor skin issues.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I would love to hear Justin tell us exactly what Binh told him about Morgan.  Then have Morgan tell us exactly what Alexis told her that Bihn said.  I doubt it would match up.  Binh still does not seem to know what he is apologizing for other than the nurse story.  I think Alexis probably added a lot that made it sound worse when she repeated it to Morgan.  

If it’s bad, she won’t tell.  Although, everyone would be dying to know.  What could be so bad?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I also think that Justin might have less a problem if she was meeting the girls for coffee or brunch once a week but he doesn’t like to see her get all dolled up (because of course she does, even for Sunday brunch) and go out with a bunch of similarly dolled up people who don’t necessarily shy away from attention.

when I was still 30-something and single, a therapist once said to me, "are you dating boyfriends, or are you dating husbands?" We talked about how I gravitated toward the fun time guys, the "there for the party" guys, not the "I have your back" "we're making a future" guys. Alexis thought marriage would be "fun" -- she thinks of a spouse as an accessory to her good times. I got married at 33 (to a whole HUSBAND), and he was never an accessory to be toyed with and brought around for just the good times. You got your ears on, Alexis???

I wish I could hug Binh and tell him to STOP apologizing. Tell him, okay, he's learned from this experience, go deal with your learnin' and let Morgan stew in the juices of her own making... he'll be a better person from this experience, and she will feel vindicated and RIGHT no matter what. Let her. You do you, Binh, and it'll be okay.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, endure said:

I can't stand Alexis!

To me she's a cross between a tarantula and a barracuda. 

She has a "menacing" look on her face that I find very disturbing. 

1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I did notice her red nose, but for me, it is the eyes.  I can't get past them.  Definite medical condition. 

I agree with the eyes being a medical condition.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Alexis on the pole was ridiculous.  She is only here for exposure .. maybe to be a hair model or something.  Everything is about her.  I wish Justin would leave her.

I was "turned off" by the sex scenes, FF'd through those segments. 

Did Alexa actually make it onto the pole??  If  yes, she must have very strong ARMS to hoist her body up and I hope the pole was sturdily attached to the ceiling because I fear she might otherwise have been hurled to the ground.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, pdlinda said:

I was "turned off" by the sex scenes, FF'd through those segments. 

Did Alexa actually make it onto the pole??  If  yes, she must have very strong ARMS to hoist her body up and I hope the pole was sturdily attached to the ceiling because I fear she might otherwise have been hurled to the ground.

She was on it for a hot minute, then she fell on her ass.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

She was on it for a hot minute, then she fell on her ass.

She must reside in "delusion and denial"  because the physics of her getting up and staying up on a pole simply don't compute!!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

If it’s bad, she won’t tell.  Although, everyone would be dying to know.  What could be so bad?

You’re right - also, if Morgan’s “secret” (or whatever it was) was so concerning that she didn’t want Binh to talk about it with the cast when filming and still doesn’t want Binh to talk about it with anyone now (notice how neither of them have been on the afterparty since this whole thing happened?), then one could make the argument that her revelations weighed so heavily on Binh that he really did need to talk to someone about it. Granted, Justin was not the best choice for a confidant, but Morgan expecting him to keep all of his feelings and concerns bottled up is a pretty big ask given their situation.

It really bothers me that she’s harping so much on him “lying to her face” when, at least in the first case re: her nursing degree, she was the one that lied in the first place. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Spectator said:

You’re right - also, if Morgan’s “secret” (or whatever it was) was so concerning that she didn’t want Binh to talk about it with the cast when filming and still doesn’t want Binh to talk about it with anyone now (notice how neither of them have been on the afterparty since this whole thing happened?), then one could make the argument that her revelations weighed so heavily on Binh that he really did need to talk to someone about it. Granted, Justin was not the best choice for a confidant, but Morgan expecting him to keep all of his feelings and concerns bottled up is a pretty big ask given their situation.

It really bothers me that she’s harping so much on him “lying to her face” when, at least in the first case re: her nursing degree, she was the one that lied in the first place. 

The only way to find out what Morgan told Binh is getting Alexis drunk to spill the beans.  She does know from Justin, right?  Or, get Justin drunk.  Either or.  Who’s the bigger blabbermouth?  Binh doesn’t know if he’s coming or going.  He’s totally confused.  I don’t blame him.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Shallow comment here but everytime Krysten is on screen I can't stop staring at her nose. Any idea why it's so red all of the time?

I noticed it because i get a recurring a red patch on my nose too, I’m convinced mine is fungal and wondered if hers is too.  I think I’m finally getting rid of mine using red light therapy 👍 But hers could be something else, I think she gets a red patch on her neck sometimes too.  I really like her.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Lindy is very two-faced.  She acted one way with Miguel and the faux baby but when with the other women, she definitely presented a different view and attitude.  Wow, if she resents and is overwhelmed about a faux baby, what about a real one?  Oh, and Lindy, so what if the baby woke up every two hours?  By your own admission you work as little as possible so why are you worried about losing some sleep during the night (and Miguel is the one who took care of the baby during the night).

You may be right.  Lindy comes off very cutesy with the sweet baby talk with Miguel.  Everything she says to him is a compliment with her thank yous and “ you are so cute”.  She walks in with a nice big dinner waiting for her.  What’s not to love?  Then, she talks differently when with the girls.  With him, everything is rainbows and unicorns .. like a child.  She’s very careful not to show her crazy side until the deal is sealed.  She knows he’s a great catch all around.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

I also think that Justin might have less a problem if she was meeting the girls for coffee or brunch once a week but he doesn’t like to see her get all dolled up (because of course she does, even for Sunday brunch) and go out with a bunch of similarly dolled up people who don’t necessarily shy away from attention.

So, I have a story.  Years ago when my husbands brother got divorced, his brother asked him to go out one Friday night.  I said, “yes, go out”.  He came home 4 a.m.  I didn’t say one word.  A few weeks later, I got dolled up with high heels and full make- up.  Husband asked where I was going.  I replied “Shopping”.  I came home 2 am (went to my girlfriends house).  To this day, many years later, he never went out again.  No words were spoken about it either.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

I get the feeling that Mitch is very threatened by Krysten and the fact that her mom makes good money or that Krysten wants to flip houses to make money. My guess is that Mitch doesn't make much at the non-profit and uses his self-righteous environmentalism to cover that up. 

I hope Krysten dumps him.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I disagree. Sometimes sex is just fun, even with someone you love. I don't think Mitch is in love with Krysten and I think he jokes during sex because he is nervous. But I think a couple in love doesn't always have to have sex that is a big, emotional "making love" experience. It also can be silly and fun and giggly sometimes. 

YES.  Every now and then BF and I are super silly and make dumb jokes during sex.  It makes it that much better!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gwen747 said:

I get the feeling that Mitch is very threatened by Krysten and the fact that her mom makes good money or that Krysten wants to flip houses to make money. My guess is that Mitch doesn't make much at the non-profit and uses his self-righteous environmentalism to cover that up. 

I hope Krysten dumps him.

She may just do that, but might be afraid she’ll never find another man for a long time.  It’s exhausting.

8 hours ago, Empress1 said:
said:

I disagree. Sometimes sex is just fun, even with someone you love. I don't think Mitch is in love with Krysten and I think he jokes during sex because he is nervous. But I think a couple in love doesn't always have to have sex that is a big, emotional "making love" experience. It also can be silly and fun and giggly sometimes. 

Yes, after fifty plus years of marriage, we do have fun giggling and being silly while still having sex.  🥰

• Love 3

when, at least in the first case re: her nursing degree, she was the one that lied in the first place. 

Again, I ask, do we know that Morgan lied? Binh was confused. he thought she lied about being a nurse because he didn't realize one could be a nurse without a BSN. But we don't actually know that Morgan lied about completing her BSN (and even if she did, she was in the middle of completing her last class so it wasn't much of a lie). I feel like Morgan is earning this reputation for being a fundamentally dishonest person but I'm not sure we have seen actual evidence of that yet.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Anybody else notice that at one point Krysten was sitting cross-legged on the floor and rose up to standing without using her hands or arms?  Just elevated herself.  That's impressive.

There were a lot of shots of Binh in profile, and man, does he have an unfortunate forehead.  It slopes way back, and that hairdo makes it even worse.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

He does have a great body. Abs for days.

I feel so sorry for Binh and he of all people should never have been hooked up with someone like Morgan who really intimidates him like his own father did…. Maybe the ‘experts’ thought she was a caring person because she’s a nurse.  He’s the nurturing one, who gives her flowers and jumps up to get her kleenex when she’s crying about how horrible he is. *free Binh

Edited by endure
  • Love 10

I don’t think Lindy is lazy because Miguel cooks. He works at home and maybe he likes cooking. My husband does most of our cooking because he loves to cook. As far as her being annoyed by the fake baby, it does not mean she will be a bad mother. Miguel and Lindy didn’t ask for the baby and they are not a teen couple in a sex Ed class. I wouldn’t like to be woken up every two hours by a fake baby either. I think Lindy and Miguel are good together. 
I don’t think Krysten was talking about basic goofing around laughing during sex. If Mitch is laughing and making jokes the whole time it would be very off putting.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, endure said:

I feel so sorry for Binh and he of all people should never have been hooked up with someone like Morgan who really intimates him like his own father did…. Maybe the ‘experts’ thought she was a caring person because she’s a nurse.  He’s the nurturing one, who gives her flowers and jumps up to get her kleenex when she’s crying about how horrible he is. *free Binh

When he said he was triggered by Morgan's rage, I couldn't believe how cold she was about it! wouldn't being traumatized by an abusive parent explain why he can't talk to her or apologize with enough emotion to satisfy her?  I think Dr. Pia is a huge improvement over Dr. Viv and she was fantastic with Alexis, but she really dropped the ball with Morgan and Binh.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I disagree, Justin knew his dog's history and should have removed the dog the first time he bared his teeth and growled. And he could have told her to leave Newton on a leash.

That's doesn't even matter. Neither one of them looked into how to properly have two dogs meet. They did it in an enclosed placed and were unprepared. The conditions were not right for a successful meeting. Regardless of Maya's history. The best and most behaved dog would probably lash out in an uncomfortable situation like that.

But, Alexis never makes it a fault in her part. It's all on Justin and his dog. But, in reality, they are both at fault.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8

Dr. Pia needs Botox between her eyebrows. Does she furrow her brows because of her profession? Tryna look concerned or something? Did they teach that in school? Those are some harsh lines! 😅

Edited by Lindz
  • Sad 1

Good God these pathetic people! JUST TALK IT OUT!!!! That blindfold thing with Justin & Alexis was SO STUPID! They can't even look at each other while talking & they just said whatever they were feeling...to let it be known? Not to discuss & resolve things? I mean, they talk in circles anyway, repeating themselves. So hopeless. Alexis sounded like she was making a breakup speech. 😅 Then they were yelling after the group meet for a producer to try and help?! Oh boy. Mitch & Krysten are another sad bunch. She didn't have to react so defensively when he asked if she answered the question. Both couples' blowups are the result of them not talking it out. Do they not ask for help?! COME ON!

• Love 1

Interesting how Krysten told the girls they paused sex because they wanted to strengthen their emotional connection & not because he made a stupid joke. Sounded like Mitch told the same. I wonder whose idea that was. I can see them not wanting to tell because everyone would want to know what he said, but to use a different reason is sneaky. They could've not said anything at all. WHY'D THEY SAY THAT???🤔🧐

A fake baby. That's new. Definitely premature. They definitely should've built their marriage with a different activity instead of play parents. I'm sure there's a lot they still don't know about each other. They should've left a fake baby at Mitch & Krysten's door so Mitch could ask who its parents were. 🤪🤣

• LOL 2

GROW UP JUSTIN!!!! Taking off his ring to make a statement was so childish. & I still don't know wtf he is wants her to do? Stay home with him all the time & be bored? Not go to the club? WHAT?!!! So sick of him not saying what he wants. I thought if someone doesn't ask it means they don't care, but it could be they don't feel like extracting the info & feel it should just be shared. Does he want to get what he wants or just constantly complain?!!! Same for her. She just wants to say it's only a couple hours & she's cut wayyy back. Tiring cycle. Tiring to watch but not tiring enough for them to stop. Someone FINALLY said what we all think about them crashing & burning from being #1 on the honeymoon. Too bad it was bitch Mitch. 🤪🤣

6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Again, I ask, do we know that Morgan lied? Binh was confused. he thought she lied about being a nurse because he didn't realize one could be a nurse without a BSN. But we don't actually know that Morgan lied about completing her BSN

Yes. Morgan admitted to lying to production several episodes ago, while they were on their honeymoon. She said that she told production that she had graduated when in fact she had one more class to complete. (If I’m not mistaken, I believe they were on the beach when she said all of this). Plus, she asked Binh not to tell anyone yet he did, which was a big part of why she was so upset. 

But Binh added to her anger about the situation because not only did he tell Justin her secret about not having her diploma yet but he also misunderstood and thought that by not having her bachelors degree, that she wasn’t actually a legit nurse. So in short, yes…Morgan did admit to lying AND Binh did admit to misunderstanding and admitted to talking to Justin about all of it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Spectator said:

Yes. Morgan admitted to lying to production several episodes ago, while they were on their honeymoon. She said that she told production that she had graduated when in fact she had one more class to complete. (If I’m not mistaken, I believe they were on the beach when she said all of this). Plus, she asked Binh not to tell anyone yet he did, which was a big part of why she was so upset. 

But Binh added to her anger about the situation because not only did he tell Justin her secret about not having her diploma yet but he also misunderstood and thought that by not having her bachelors degree, that she wasn’t actually a legit nurse. So in short, yes…Morgan did admit to lying AND Binh did admit to misunderstanding and admitted to talking to Justin about all of it.

Morgan needs to take a hard look at herself.

• No one has to keep a secret in which you lied. This one might not been a whopper of one, it might have been a technicality.  But she clearly knew it was wrong which is why she confessed it as some deep dark secret to Binh.
  • She's clearly capable of lying about other things.
  • She's very paranoid  about lying to the point where before she even knew Binh's name, she already had it in her head he was lying about having COVID.  That's not a normal reaction and to me very telling -- she's quite clearly capable of pulling a stunt like that, probably has, so she knows other people are as well.  

Binh was wrong, clearly misunderstood that she could be a nurse w/o a bachelors.  I can understand her being upset that he was telling people that she wasn't really a nurse.  But would he have made that leap without her deep dark secret/lie?  Nope.

In my experience, the people that go on and on about being someone "lying to their face" are always the ones that do that routinely to other people. 

I can understand if Binh's knee jerk reaction impugned her character (well, when it comes to her actually being a nurse) would be a sore spot.  That the therapist didn't even try to understand how and why this happened and just accepted Binh's Stepford Wives type of responses of everything is his fault without prodding further disturbs me, particularly when he opened up about his own father's way of shouting at him creating triggers for him.  Unless it's just editing, it bothered me that there seemed to be zero questioning of Morgan for why Binh walked away thinking SHE was the major liar.

• Applause 3
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Shauna said:

I can't get past how often Lindy says "like".  It is super annoying.  Like, is she 12 or what???

I have managed to ignore that part of her conversation.  Probably because I’m so floored by her constant use of the ‘F’ word.  I’m not sure that she can get more than a couple sentences out without it.  My opinion is that she thinks it makes her more independent of her upbringing, but it just adds to her immaturity to me.

We’ve seen Miguel cooking for them several times  now.  In addition, he seemed to be doing more of the Migindy care.  Have we seen her do anything in terms of any household chore?  

• Love 3

Glad for no drama with at least one couple. Unfortunate that Justin & Alexis had one of their shouting matches. It is annoying to learn something so late, tho. Too bad Mitch & Krysten had a setback. Nate & Stacia still seem okay. Binh & Morgan circled the drain some more. Interesting how both groups asked what the point was of him giving an "emotional" apology. Was there even an answer? 😅

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I have managed to ignore that part of her conversation.  Probably because I’m so floored by her constant use of the ‘F’ word.  I’m not sure that she can get more than a couple sentences out without it.  My opinion is that she thinks it makes her more independent of her upbringing, but it just adds to her immaturity to me.

We’ve seen Miguel cooking for them several times  now.  In addition, he seemed to be doing more of the Migindy care.  Have we seen her do anything in terms of any household chore?  

I've moved on from my intense irritation of her because Morgan and Alexis.  But I think Lindy's whole cutesy little girl act just that -- an act.  She's probably had men think she was the cutest thing ever with her baby girl act, but in reality she's quite passive aggressive.  Miguel seems smitten now but I'd bet they don't make it after saying "yes" on D day.

• Love 3

It was funny when Alexis fell off that pole. I was thinking she should've taken a class, especially for that move. She did that for herself. Compared to the last time we saw a wife pole dance, it probably wasn't going to lead where the previous one did. He had that stupid blindfold talk in his mind. I'm sure that set the mood. 🤣🤣

I think Mitch is learning a lot about himself in this process but I'm not sure of its just going to be too little too late.   I think his comment about her mother being her hero was related to what they talked about on the softball field.   Krysten talked about how hard her mother was on her and how she could never do anything good enough in her mother's eyes.   So when she then said her mother was her hero, I think Mitch was just taken aback.  Why would someone who was so mean to you growing up be your hero?  And it also probably made him wonder if that's the type of mother Krysten would be if that's her "hero".  I think Mitch often just says whatever pops into his head without thinking it through first.  But I think in this case, his comment was actually justified.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I like LIndy and Miguel a lot.  I thought initially he was going to be too geeky for her because of the whole Dungeons and Dragons thing and his other role playing costume stuff but she seems to really be embracing it.   I think they are really cute together. 

I wish for all of these couples they would show a little bit more of their day to day lives.  Things that normal couples fight about when they are dating, i.e. one partner always being late, one partner working too much, partners having completely different hobbies, partners not liking each other's friends or families, etc, etc.  I feel like this season in particular is very surface level and all the interactions are very contrived.  

• Love 1

I turned this off halfway through so can't comment on the whole show.  Morgan is a bitch.  She started the relationship talking about lying.  Now it's all about Binh lying.  She needs therapy for her longterm issues.  I can't stand Alexis.  I agree with all the above posters that's she's just here for the social media attention.  Run Justin.  Mitch and Kristen aren't going to make it.  They are too different.  I like Kristen but the constant head nodding is annoying.  Miguel will make a good dad.  I like Nate.  I think he has street smarts as well as book smarts so can see through people more clearly.  On another note, I was out for a birthday dinner at a marina in Quincy, MA.  I looked over and Steve from last season was at the next table.  I did a double take and he smiled.  He was with another woman who was not Noi.  Cute blonde who told my daughter she worked with Steve's uncle.  They joined in singing Happy Birthday.  Told him as I was leaving that I was glad he wasn't with Noi.  He smiled.  He just seemed like a laid-back guy having drinks and dinner and not fazed by my recognizing him.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

No one has to keep a secret in which you lied.

I TOTALLY agree. And the fact that she’s so pissed because he “lied to her face” about talking to Justin when this entire argument stems from her lie about her degree is so hypocritical, it’s shocking. I’m amazed that she’s had weeks to reflect on that and still doesn’t see it. MAFS needs to stop casting these narcissistic people - it’s psychologically abusive to their spouses, especially when the spouses are somewhat fragile (as seems to be the case with Binh). Morgan and Binh’s segments are really really hard to watch. 

2 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

She's very paranoid  about lying to the point where before she even knew Binh's name, she already had it in her head he was lying about having COVID

You’re so right…It’s like when someone accuses their spouse of cheating, it’s often the accuser that is doing the cheating.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Morgan needs to take a hard look at herself.

• No one has to keep a secret in which you lied. This one might not been a whopper of one, it might have been a technicality.  But she clearly knew it was wrong which is why she confessed it as some deep dark secret to Binh.
  • She's clearly capable of lying about other things.
  • She's very paranoid  about lying to the point where before she even knew Binh's name, she already had it in her head he was lying about having COVID.  That's not a normal reaction and to me very telling -- she's quite clearly capable of pulling a stunt like that, probably has, so she knows other people are as well.  

Binh was wrong, clearly misunderstood that she could be a nurse w/o a bachelors.  I can understand her being upset that he was telling people that she wasn't really a nurse.  But would he have made that leap without her deep dark secret/lie?  Nope.

In my experience, the people that go on and on about being someone "lying to their face" are always the ones that do that routinely to other people. 

I can understand if Binh's knee jerk reaction impugned her character (well, when it comes to her actually being a nurse) would be a sore spot.  That the therapist didn't even try to understand how and why this happened and just accepted Binh's Stepford Wives type of responses of everything is his fault without prodding further disturbs me, particularly when he opened up about his own father's way of shouting at him creating triggers for him.  Unless it's just editing, it bothered me that there seemed to be zero questioning of Morgan for why Binh walked away thinking SHE was the major liar.

I forgot to add to my earlier comment that before this episode aired, we had a clip of Dr. Pia in her interview with Binh and Morgan calling someone "vindictive."  Of course I assumed, and I think we were meant to assume, that the vindictive person was Morgan.  And she turned out to be referring to Binh!!!! 😨

That whole scene reminded me of Rachel's interminable berating of Tino for not apologizing on the Bachelorette finale when he apologized multiple times, including in writing.  Just not the way Rachel wanted.  Tino is a sleaze but Rachel was so implacable that I ended up on his side.  Binh is no Tino!

• Fire 1
  • Love 4

For the first time in all of the seasons I like the men more than the women (except Mitch). These women are awful except Kristin but she bothers me, too, because she doesn't realize her worth and is trying too hard to be what Mitch wants her to be. 

There is no question in my mind why Alexis, Morgan, Lindy and Stacia are single and having trouble with lasting relationships. Demanding, selfish, childish and unwilling to compromise. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2