Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E12: Baby Steps

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, qtpye said:

In order to impress Mitch, Krysten has taken to not wearing makeup on camera. 

She is a great-looking lady and I don't wear makeup either but it does help smooth out some of those minor skin issues.

Her eyes are very big .. just like Betty Davis.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, gwen747 said:

I heard it too. She's an idiot.

I think she fancies herself a real "catch."  

A "knockout" in the "looks" dept and a real "brainiac" intellectually.

I think her opinion of her "charms" are vastly overrated.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I think she fancies herself a real "catch."  

A "knockout" in the "looks" dept and a real "brainiac" intellectually.

I think her opinion of her "charms" are vastly overrated.

my favorite Alexis moment last night was when Justin told her that she didn't want to be married to him and had hurt him and her response was, I'm a wonderful woman and will make someone very happy even if it's not you. Priceless!

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/22/2022 at 9:44 AM, ECM1231 said:

I agree, but one thing I did kind of agree with Morgan is that Binh has never given her what she termed an "emotional apology." 

Binh comes off like a robot. He's so soft-spoken and speaks in a monotone. It's very disconcerting. I think Morgan wants to see some genuine emotions from him.

Yes...but because of who Binh is, he will never be able to give Morgan the kind of "emotional apology" she is looking for.  But it doesn't necessarily mean that his emotions aren't genuine; it just means that she needs to stop demanding the impossible and start working with him to recognize his communication style, and what he can give her...that is, if she actually cares to do the hard work rather than just giving him a beat-down.

5 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I think Mitch is learning a lot about himself in this process but I'm not sure of its just going to be too little too late.   I think his comment about her mother being her hero was related to what they talked about on the softball field.   Krysten talked about how hard her mother was on her and how she could never do anything good enough in her mother's eyes.   So when she then said her mother was her hero, I think Mitch was just taken aback.  Why would someone who was so mean to you growing up be your hero?  And it also probably made him wonder if that's the type of mother Krysten would be if that's her "hero".  I think Mitch often just says whatever pops into his head without thinking it through first.  But I think in this case, his comment was actually justified.  

I thought his comment was justified but for a slightly different reason.  Given that the question was about a 'childhood hero', and she answered with something that was more of an 'adulthood hero', I think he was genuinely curious as to what her answer would have been for 'childhood hero' and wanted to hear it...so I think it was less of a criticism and more of a mis-perceived follow-up of sorts.

On 9/22/2022 at 1:33 PM, bichonblitz said:

Binh has a great body. He must work out a lot. He also has good taste when it comes to his clothes. His body and style don't match his insecurities. 

I could easily make the argument that the reverse is true.  It's because of his insecurities that he keeps such a perfectly-honed body and great clothing style...thinking "no one will like me just for me, so let me have these enticements".

On 9/22/2022 at 11:02 AM, Retired at last said:

Alexis' calm, calculating, condescending voice is too much. We get it - you think you are the prize. You are not. when Justin starts to speak and answer a question, YOU are allowed to interrupt and make him stop talking, but he is not. YOU are allowed to say mean things as long as you start by saying things such as, "my truth," "keeping it real," "being transparent," and then be upset when he hurts YOUR feelings? 

The part that is maddeningly frustrating about the "my truth" thing with her, and with other people, is that, they seem to think that their truth comes with immunity, that they will be exempt from the consequences.  Your "truth" is not a get-out-of-jail-free card, where you can say anything you want and then have life just go on exactly as it was before you dropped your truth bomb.  The other person gets their "truth" as well, which is how they feel after you've dropped your truth.

• Applause 2
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

they seem to think that their truth comes with immunity, that they will be exempt from the consequences.  Your "truth" is not a get-out-of-jail-free card, where you can say anything you want and then have life just go on exactly as it was before you dropped your truth bomb. 

Omg…this! I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching this episode…several of them (with Alexis leading the pack) will say something really rude but attach the “I’m just telling my truth” clause to the insult which somehow makes them think it’s ok to say it. It’s sort of like people who say “no offense”, followed by a highly offensive comment. This is not ok MAFS people!!

Never mind the fact that the truth doesn’t have ownership…there is no “my truth”, “your truth”, “our truth”, there is THE TRUTH. Anything else is just an opinion or a perspective. Ughhhhhhhh. Certain phrases trend in and out of popularity and “my truth” is one of the phrases of the moment and it drives me nuts. It’s on the heels of “it makes me feel a certain type of way” which was at the top of the list a couple years ago but is still hanging on in conversations today, unfortunately. Ugh ugh ugh.

Edited by Spectator
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Yes...but because of who Binh is, he will never be able to give Morgan the kind of "emotional apology" she is looking for.  But it doesn't necessarily mean that his emotions aren't genuine; it just means that she needs to stop demanding the impossible and start working with him to recognize his communication style, and what he can give her...that is, if she actually cares to do the hard work rather than just giving him a beat-down.

5 hours ago, Katie111 said:

@LuvMyShows ..  What you said about apologizing is so true.  My husband finds it very hard to apologize, but instead, he will do something nice to show he is sorry.  It drives me crazy.  I find it easy to apologize if I’m wrong.  He’ll never admit he’s wrong.

On 9/22/2022 at 11:17 AM, Empress1 said:

Mitch may not be in love with Krysten but I did agree with him when he said that sex can be weird and awkward, especially with a new partner. And there can be room for playfulness and joking in the bedroom - sex is supposed to be fun! - but it’s the kind of thing that you need to know your partner well to do, and they don’t know each other well enough to do that. 

On 9/22/2022 at 9:58 AM, Madding crowd said:

Mitch is a weird combo of being too logical and too emotional and I wouldn’t know what to do with that. What was with him talking about making jokes while having sex? He is very immature for a 41 year old.

So my take on it was that due to his awkwardness and nervousness, something happened while having sex (like a sound or something), and he made a joke about it, and Krysten found it took them out of the moment or something.  I don't think it's that he was telling jokes while having sex, like, "Three guys walk into a bar..."

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/22/2022 at 8:44 AM, ECM1231 said:

I agree, but one thing I did kind of agree with Morgan is that Binh has never given her what she termed an "emotional apology." 

Binh comes off like a robot. He's so soft-spoken and speaks in a monotone. It's very disconcerting. I think Morgan wants to see some genuine emotions from him.

Binh is capable of showing emotions.  We see how he acts with his friends with his mother.  We even saw more personality from him on the honeymoon, pre the big lie.   He's just shut down with Morgan.   If she really wants to see emotion from him, she has to create a space that it's safe for him to do so.    Nate and Stacia have similar issues (on needing emotion vs being reserved) but have figured out how to compromise.   

I also wonder if small part of his communication issues, is because English is not his first language.   

On 9/22/2022 at 11:30 AM, Crashcourse said:

Alexis is so full of herself.  Now, I'm wondering if she lied about being proposed to three times.

For some reason I got the impression that she was stretching the definition of proposal.  At one point she went a little more in depth  on these "proposals" and I don't think all  were traditional get down on one knee with a ring proposals.   

On 9/22/2022 at 12:33 PM, bichonblitz said:

I hope there is a clause in the contracts that if someone should move out before the show is finished filming they will not be paid unless there is physical or mental abuse involved. This business of moving out because you had a fight or are pissed off about something is BS. 

During the Houston season, I believe that several of the couples only lived in the show provided apartments during days they had to film.   Some couples did this because they didn't like each other and wanted to continue to collect the check.   Others did it because Houston was so huge and they needed to stay closer to their jobs.  

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, After7Only said:

For some reason I got the impression that she was stretching the definition of proposal.  At one point she went a little more in depth  on these "proposals" and I don't think all  were traditional get down on one knee with a ring proposals. 

What annoys me is that she uses these "three proposals" to prove that she is such a popular in-demand woman that men find irresistible. 

If this was true then she would not need to come on this show.

She also dresses like someone's crazy auntie.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

She also dresses like someone's crazy auntie.

Speaking of Alexis, what kind of hairstyle was that the other day?  A braid going down to her nose practically, and up again to her forehead.  Like a horseshoe.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

During the Houston season, I believe that several of the couples only lived in the show provided apartments during days they had to film.   Some couples did this because they didn't like each other and wanted to continue to collect the check.   Others did it because Houston was so huge and they needed to stay closer to their jobs.  

Oh so, they probably all have jobs, then film maybe at night and on weekends.  I doubt they can live on just the shows money, for rent and all.  That goes for all the other shows that are on for months at a time too.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Lindz said:

GROW UP JUSTIN!!!! Taking off his ring to make a statement was so childish. & I still don't know wtf he is wants her to do?

he wants her to want, or at least act like she wants, to be married to him.

14 hours ago, Lindz said:

Stay home with him all the time & be bored? Not go to the club? WHAT?!!!

He never said that. He didn't like her doing it every week.

4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

The part that is maddeningly frustrating about the "my truth" thing with her, and with other people, is that, they seem to think that their truth comes with immunity, that they will be exempt from the consequences.  Your "truth" is not a get-out-of-jail-free card, where you can say anything you want and then have life just go on exactly as it was before you dropped your truth bomb.  The other person gets their "truth" as well, which is how they feel after you've dropped your truth.

Happy Game Show GIF by ABC Network

10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I have managed to ignore that part of her conversation.  Probably because I’m so floored by her constant use of the ‘F’ word.  I’m not sure that she can get more than a couple sentences out without it.  My opinion is that she thinks it makes her more independent of her upbringing, but it just adds to her immaturity to me.

Absolutely! Like a little kid who just learned the word and now uses it at every possible chance. Sorry to her fans, but I cannot STAND her.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Oh so, they probably all have jobs, then film maybe at night and on weekends.  I doubt they can live on just the shows money, for rent and all.  That goes for all the other shows that are on for months at a time too.

They’ve always worked while filming. The ones who worked in health care during the pandemic talked about that, and others have made references to coming home from work, etc. when they had to find their own housing or decide which place (his or hers) to move into, they’d talk about factoring in their commutes to work. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Given that the question was about a 'childhood hero', and she answered with something that was more of an 'adulthood hero', I think he was genuinely curious as to what her answer would have been for 'childhood hero' and wanted to hear it...so I think it was less of a criticism and more of a mis-perceived follow-up of sorts.

Could be, but I was on Mitch's side in pointing out she hadn't answered the question that was asked.  And it made me think, "Who was my childhood hero?"  And I got nothing.  I guess I was raised by and grew up around a bunch of losers.

4 hours ago, After7Only said:

I distinctly remember that one of the proposals was from a friend.  Not boyfriend, friend.  Which made me conclude that a definition of "proposal" would be in order.

• Love 3

Justin and Alexis need to learn how to let shit go and move the fuck on.  Good Lord.   And Alexis, healthy self esteem is good, but you way overshot healthy and landed in obnoxiously over-inflated.   A little humility would go a long way towards making you less insufferable.

Morgan is abusive, IMO.  And either, this show somehow attracts and/or intentionally casts a LOT of emotionally abusive people, or there are way more abusive people in the world than I ever realized.

And I agree with other posters - Krysten is the real deal and a total class act.  

• Love 8

Speaking of Alexis, what kind of hairstyle was that the other day?  A braid going down to her nose practically, and up again to her forehead.  Like a horseshoe.

It looked like a handle for her head. I wanted to reach out and grab it...

Or a doorknocker. Hellooooooooo! Is anyone in there???

Edited by Elizzikra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:
14 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Given that the question was about a 'childhood hero', and she answered with something that was more of an 'adulthood hero', I think he was genuinely curious as to what her answer would have been for 'childhood hero' and wanted to hear it...so I think it was less of a criticism and more of a mis-perceived follow-up of sorts.

Could be, but I was on Mitch's side in pointing out she hadn't answered the question that was asked.

I took her reply to be that she just expanded on why she looked up to her mom as a hero when she was a kid. Like she's saying that now, what her mom accomplished cements that she was a hero. I thought he was being a nitpicky PITA. 

• Love 3
On 9/23/2022 at 3:45 PM, kristen111 said:

Oh so, they probably all have jobs, then film maybe at night and on weekends.

Yes, they all go to their jobs and have to commit to tape the show in the evenings and on weekends. I think some people MAY live in the apartments, but have heard many couples who say they just see each other at taping, if that works best for them. It has only been the last few seasons where we have seen people leaving the apartment to go back to their own places. I am sure that they hid that more in the past.

ETA - when they asked the "hero" question, it seemed to me that Mitch went right to the literal sense and came up with a cartoon superhero type. They maybe could have used "role model" instead? I just didn't appreciate Mitch second-guessing or trying to prove to Krysten that his answer was better.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Yes, they all go to their jobs and have to commit to tape the show in the evenings and on weekends. I think some people MAY live in the apartments, but have heard many couple who say they just see each other at taping, if that works best for them. It has only been the last few seasons where we have seen people waving the apartment to go back to their own. I am sure that they hid that more in the past.

ETA - when they asked the "hero" question, it seemed to me that Mitch went right to the literal sense and came up with a cartoon superhero type. The maybe could have used "role model" instead? I just didn't appreciate Mitch second-guessing or trying to prove to Krysten that his answer was better.

I can’t explain this, but I can see Mitch being a husband, but not as a Father.  Will their kids have everything they need, as kids cost money.  His views are very different than the average person.  Will he teach his kids his views on things?  Or let them choose?  I don’t think Mitch and Krysten think the same about certain things.  He looks like a cheapo to me.  She isn’t.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It looked like a handle for her head. I wanted to reach out and grab it...

Or a doorknocker. Hellooooooooo! Is anyone in there???

Or she hangs herself on that hook at night.  Like a Bat.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

I can’t explain this, but I can see Mitch being a husband, but not as a Father.  Will their kids have everything they need, as kids cost money.  His views are very different than the average person.  Will he teach his kids his views on things?  Or let them choose?  I don’t think Mitch and Krysten think the same about certain things.  He looks like a cheapo to me.  She isn’t.

Kids do cost money but I can see Mitch raising kids to not value material possessions much, to be kind to the planet, etc. I would be very curious how his experience was being a nanny for his nieces (and what their experiences were). 

Or she hangs herself on that hook at night.  Like a Bat.

I can totally see that!

• Love 3

I think Mitch felt insecure about his answer (Marvel cartoon) when he heard Krysten’s deep and thoughtful answer so he felt a need to call her out. I mean, he admitted before he answered that he was having a hard time coming up with an answer. If he'd known that Krysten was gonna go deep, he could have easily matched energies by talking about his dad.

But Dr. Pia said childhood and Mitch is nothing if not literal.

• Love 5

Lindy seems so lazy. Not only does she barely work, around the house she doesn’t do much either. Miguel is always cooking and he even had to stay up with the fake baby. I’m sure he will tire of that soon. She had the nerve to call Mitch a bitch? 
I think it’s okay to go out with your friends but if you are happy in the marriage one will naturally go put less. Alexis does not want to spend all her time with her new husband. 
Krystens nose is very red. I’m surprised Mitch prefers no makeup. 
Stacia and Nate are shaping into a lovely couple. 
Morgan wants an emotional apology. My god, quit torturing the man.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Lindy seems so lazy. Not only does she barely work, around the house she doesn’t do much either. Miguel is always cooking and he even had to stay up with the fake baby. I’m sure he will tire of that soon. She had the nerve to call Mitch a bitch? 

So much this!! I was team Lindy until this week. Some of the Lindy haters can definitely say I told you so at this point.  She also had the nerve to complain about how exhausted she was when Miguel was the one getting up with the baby!!! SMH.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I really dislike it when people demand that others act how the other person wants them to act as in Morgan's demand for an "emotional" apology from Bihn.  We all display our emotions in our own ways and to demand a certain emotional "style" is a form of control.  At various times in my life I had honest reactions/responses but they did not meet the standard/expectation of the other people.  The same thing played out on The Bachelorette when Tino did not emotionally apologize to Rachel in the way she demanded.  So, for Morgan to complain/whine to anyone who would listen that Bihn didn't "emotionally" apologize shows that she is uber controlling and nothing he does will ever be enough.

• Love 5
On 9/23/2022 at 6:29 AM, mythoughtis said:

I have managed to ignore that part of her conversation.  Probably because I’m so floored by her constant use of the ‘F’ word.  I’m not sure that she can get more than a couple sentences out without it.  My opinion is that she thinks it makes her more independent of her upbringing, but it just adds to her immaturity to me.

We’ve seen Miguel cooking for them several times  now.  In addition, he seemed to be doing more of the Migindy care.  Have we seen her do anything in terms of any household chore?  

I think Lindy is extremely immature and seems to act as if she is 16.   No doubt Miguel will be the caregiver for any children, as well as Lindy, should they stay together.  He says he loves her, but I don't see that on his face when she act up or acts immature.  They won't make it. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 9/25/2022 at 12:07 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Morgan wants an emotional apology. My god, quit torturing the man.

What does "emotional apology" even mean? Say it like you mean it??? The man has said sorry 10 different ways already! Piss or get off the pot woman. And also, maybe realize, the more you demand an "emotional apology", the less likely you will receive one......

These two can get off my tv any time now.

• Love 3

I firmly believe there's SOMETHING we're not being told in the Morgan/Bihn/Justin/Alexis game of telephone. It cannot all have stemmed from Morgan lying about having finished her college degree and Bihn misinterpreting that as her lying about being a nurse and telling Justin. I suspect there's something much more significant that she confided to him and he blabbed to Justin and there's, like, producer agreement that she doesn't have to reveal what that is...something with her family, or a past relationship, I don't know. But it just seems like an outsized reaction if the only thing at issue is the situation with her degree.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I firmly believe there's SOMETHING we're not being told in the Morgan/Bihn/Justin/Alexis game of telephone. It cannot all have stemmed from Morgan lying about having finished her college degree and Bihn misinterpreting that as her lying about being a nurse and telling Justin. I suspect there's something much more significant that she confided to him and he blabbed to Justin and there's, like, producer agreement that she doesn't have to reveal what that is...something with her family, or a past relationship, I don't know. But it just seems like an outsized reaction if the only thing at issue is the situation with her degree.

I thought that for a long time but now I'm wondering if this is just Morgan overreacting and doubling down on it at every opportunity.

• Love 3

I have always thought that there must be more to it but with every passing episode Bihn apologises again while looking more confused about what exactly he's apologising for. There may be something that Alexis said that he isn't being told, she seems the type to add a lot of information that never happened.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought that for a long time but now I'm wondering if this is just Morgan overreacting and doubling down on it at every opportunity.

This is ENTIRELY possible. She could just be as terrible a person as Alyssa was, but she's using this situation to justify her behavior.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

She could just be as terrible a person as Alyssa was, but she's using this situation to justify her behavior.

Hey now..Alyssa is a good fucking person, and don't you forget it!!

• LOL 11