Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Did not know where to put this, but Stephen Nichols gave a really emotional tribute to Tyler Christopher during the Daytime Emmy Awards.  They showed a clip of when Tyler won for Best Actor several years ago & Tyler mentioned Stephan as one of the people who helped him in his career...

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Did not know where to put this, but Stephen Nichols gave a really emotional tribute to Tyler Christopher during the Daytime Emmy Awards.  They showed a clip of when Tyler won for Best Actor several years ago & Tyler mentioned Stephan as one of the people who helped him in his career...

What?!  Has TC passed away?  He’s still young to my mind.

• Like 2

He was struggling seriously with alcoholism, which got him fired from DOOL as the original Stefan. Apparently he had to be carried off set or something. He tried to get clean after that, but things took a turn. It's so tragic for his family to lose him :( Glad SN spoke up for his friend.

If the scab writers have the reigns for several months, maybe they can find a believable way for Nicole and Eric to come back together. The regular writers have struggled badly with them. Even their sex romp on the table and covershoot for Bella were pretty weak. Maybe these new guys (and Sherri!) can heal their fractured relationship finally and leave it in a better place for the regular team to carry on with.

Sorry Dan/EJ, you're fine for the moment, but I want Ericole back and better than ever.

...and yes, I realize I'm alone in that LOL.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
57 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sorry Dan/EJ, you're fine for the moment, but I want Ericole back and better than ever.

...and yes, I realize I'm alone in that LOL.

I don't mind Eric and Nicole reuniting, but I don't have any time whatsoever for Greg Vaughn's version of Eric reuniting with Nicole.  He's just too goddam limited and stupid and simply too awful to root for, at least for me.

I dislike him so much I wish he ended up having the terminal hots for Julie.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 11
9 hours ago, boes said:

I don't mind Eric and Nicole reuniting, but I don't have any time whatsoever for Greg Vaughn's version of Eric reuniting with Nicole.  He's just too goddam limited and stupid and simply too awful to root for, at least for me.

I dislike him so much I wish he ended up having the terminal hots for Julie.

I didn't mind Ericole as much when Jensen Ackles was in the role probably because his version wasn't nearly as sanctimonious to me. However, I don't feel Nicole can be her true snarky self with Eric like she can with EJ or Brady.  Don't get me wrong Eric has valid concerns to be hesitant about getting involved with Nicole but it's hard to be remotely sympathetic to him because he's had decent women around him that would've given him what he claims to want yet tosses them aside for Nicole. Only to complain about Nicole in the end as if he didn't know how she was to begin with.

I think GV Eric's best relationship was with God tbh because he can judge people without impunity.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
17 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Count me in as enjoying EJ and Nicole together. He’s so gentle and protective of her. They have a lot of chemistry! Keep her away from Eric!

I was such a big fan of Eric and Nicole. But Dan has done a masterful job as EJ and he and AZ have great chemistry. I wish the baby was EJ's. Also Dan should have won an Emmy last night.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Aired on CBS last night.

18 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes, on CBS, and they gave a Lifetime Achievment award to Susan Lucci

Thanks to you both.  I have to see if I can catch it on Paramount plus.

edit: just came here to vent that the P+ app is complete sheeeyite! It hangs up, and the ff/rewind function is so damn finicky. I needed to use that feature due to all the filler (Ring of Inductees, Lifetime Achievement, propping GH etc.) in the show. 

Anyhoo, wow - I learned in the In Memorium segment of some deaths I didn’t know about: Jackie Zeman?!  Suzanne Sommers? “Lionel Lockridge”!  Why was TC only credited as Nikolas Cassidine?  Weird…

Last thing that just occurred to me: had the storylines played out differently, Eric would have had 3 kids with 3 different women in just a couple of years or so!  Who knew Father Eric was so fertile!

Edited by norcalgal
  • Like 3
21 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Who knew Father Eric was so fertile!

Well with his twin Sami, she also had four children with all the them being conceived on the first try (Will and Allie with Lucas), (Johnny and Syndey with EJ).

• Like 2
On 12/13/2023 at 1:24 PM, DaphneCat said:

But, you're forgetting all the WONDERFUL other characters and plotlines:

Chuckling Abe and Shrieking Paulina... oh that's right, they suck.

The EPIC romance of Wendy and Tripp ..... oh, that's right, they're as exciting as watching a tennis match between two people who've never played before.

The OTHER epic romance of Jada and Rafe.... oh, that's right, the show doesn't have even a vague clue as to what to do with these two.

The edge of your seat plot of baby switch/DNA shenanigans number 847.... oh, that's right, we all know how this is going to end (I'm guessing Christmas miracle)  and in the meantime there's all the many times Sloan looks panicked and you're supposed to think this stupidity is finally going to be over but, yet again, it isn't.

The many loves of Stephanie....  oh, that's right she has no personality and the only thing she's really done is destroy Chad.

Holly lusting after Johnny.... oh, that's right this REALLY sucks.

When Ava and Harris are the most interesting thing going on right now - you may have a point.

Are you kidding me? I despise Abe and Paulina and I really wish he would just dump her at this point. He deserves better than her. 

I actually like Jada but my God is Rafe really the best that they can offer her? 

Holly is awful and annoying too and honestly Tate deserves better. I don't even know why they've been SORASed when they're barely doing anything as is. They probably should've just waited another year or two. 

Yeah everything just plain sucks like you said. 

• Like 3
On 12/13/2023 at 1:26 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Welcome!

Yup, it's dire...but it was actually really bad right before Ron, current head writer, came aboard. Characters were trapped in separate storylines for months. Family relationships were barely acknowledged. Did you ever see Summer? Dr Dan? They were awful, show-eating characters.

Granted we have those now too, but at least there's a bit of history worked in and a decent mix of stories. The pacing is a mess, though and the camp factor is out of control.

🙂 Please, come sit here by me!

....I....wouldn't go that far. I think we are all capable of ignoring this BS character assassination, just as I plan on ignoring Lucas kidnapping Sami (seriously?) and Eric being a deadbeat Dad to Holly (though you'll catch me yelling about that on here from time to time).

This version? Absolutely. Theresa overall? No. She's still a fave. Jen L did a great job with her and made me tune in.

Wasn't it Alarr who orchestrated this screw-over? She wasn't available for enough weeks of filming, so they lied about the storyline and secretly gave her part to Emily...right? Was it him or Ken behind this?

🥺 Um...no. Let's not have her get assaulted.

No worries. We all do it on here! And the lack of daily comments on these forums makes it clear most of us are struggling to watch regularly. It sucks. The show can still be saved, narratively. But will it?

Believe it or not I actually remember the Dr. Tan and Bummer days; yeah it was terrible but at least the characters back then had PERSONALITY. Can't say the same for the people currently on canvas. 

Also, as much as I love and still adore Jen Lilley's version, I'm worried that the awful writing and terrible and ridiculous recast is so bad that it's going to come to a point where it's going to really taint her character in the long run and there would be no way to salvage what's left of her character. Not even Sheri Anderson will be able to rehabilitate her when all is said and done. I could theoretically just dissociate in my mind and pretend that Gwenresa is not real, but that's easier said than done. 

Speaking of which, why is Theresa even on the show anyway? She has no job, she doesn't interact with anyone in her family; she never acknowledges her son... she's spending all her time latching onto this guy who nobody cares about... I mean, nobody really even asked for her back anyway, (I'm sure most people would rather have Andrew back than her), but if this is all the writers are capable of giving her, then maybe she should just be off-screen period.

I was under the impression that the main reason why Days wanted Jen Lilley to stick around longer was because they wanted her involved in Tate's storyline because he was going to be SORASed to a teen, but they have barely interacted as is. Instead she gets shoe-horned into this asinine storyline with Victor/Xander/Alex and her character basically reaches the point of no return. 

I really hate that we didn't get a mini-series with Theresa and her family in California so that we can actually see for ourselves what kind of mother Theresa really is when she's not in Salem and we won't have to fucking wonder whether or not Theresa actually did raise Tate or she just left him with Kimberly while she went out doing God knows what. Because if Theresa really was that neglectful of a mother to begin with, then Brady's an even bigger idiot than I thought. 

I'm actually practically convinced now that Albert Alarr, (or Ken Corday, or Ron, or somebody, I don't know), had Theresa specifically recast with Emily O'Brien in mind because one of those bozos was resentful that a lot of people couldn't stand Gwen and they decided to totally and utterly destroy Theresa to the point of no return just so a large majority of fans will end up hating Theresa so much that they will want her off the show and they will be begging Gwen to come back. And it's working! I've seen some comments where people have said that they would rather have Gwen return because at least she's a more compelling and interesting character than Theresa. 

I am hoping against hope that Theresa is gone at least by next summer and they just bring Emily O'Brien back as Gwen just so things can get back to normal and this horrible nightmare will finally be over, but I have a bad feeling that she's probably still on the show wearing that godawful wig for some stupid inexplicable reason. I would love to see what stupid dumb contrived reason the writers come up with that allows her to remain on canvas long after this whole Konstantin/Victor saga is over. If I have my way as headwriter, she would be shipped off to California and off to prison for the foreseeable future for all the crap she's pulled during this latest stint and Brady gets full custody of Tate until he's 18 and then he can move out whenever the hell he wants. 

Whatever love I did have for Theresa has now virtually evaporated and now every time I look at her I am filled with so much rage and hate that it's not even funny. That's how bad it's gotten now - it's gotten to the point where I wish for nothing but the worst and awful things to happen to her and it just bums me out. 

I will be forever bitter, angry and pissed that Albert Alarr did this crap to Jen Lilley and also screwed over so many other actors and may he rot in hell for all eternity. 

And if I sound super bitter that's because I basically am. 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
17 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Are you kidding me? I despise Abe and Paulina and I really wish he would just dump her at this point. He deserves better than her. 

I actually like Jada but my God is Rafe really the best that they can offer her? 

Holly is awful and annoying too and honestly Tate deserves better. I don't even know why they've been SORASed when they're barely doing anything as is. They probably should've just waited another year or two. 

Yeah everything just plain sucks like you said. 

Jada can do better but honestly, I can't think of anyone currently on the show that would be better than Rafe has been. I actually like them together.  I can't imagine Rafe being worse to Jada than Eric has been.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

They had Stephanie sleep (maybe?) with Harris? WHY? It wasn’t sexy or anything, it wasn’t even on screen. Why? 

To get pregnant?! To have Ava go back to being a homicidal maniac from jealousy?

Just yuck.

I skipped all the heart wrenching scenes between Nicole and EJ. I hate this stolen baby story. SO. MUCH. and knew they would break my heart for nothing.

I do like how supportive EJ is being, and used to almost enjoy Eric with Sloan and breaking the two couples up contributes to my storyline hatred.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Good the Chad broke up with Stephanie. Also love that Chad wants to go back to Dimera mansion, shut up Stephanie.  He needs to be more in family stories. 

Sloan kidnapped and has Nicole's baby and she's going to say Nicole needs to pay? She wants Nicole in prison as  baby snatcher.  For taking her own baby back?  Not to mention who leaves the baby in middle of the square while then going into the store? 

EJ is great with Nicole.  He makes her more likeable and free to be herself. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Not to mention who leaves the baby in middle of the square while then going into the store? 

While I like how good EJ is being with Nicole, I really wanted him to turn back to classic EJ and threaten Sloan by mentioning, that if there ever WERE to be a trial, Nicole's defense would be that the baby was abandoned by his mother and that the judge really needs to look at if Sloan is competent to adopt a child.  

By the way, why has NO ONE (especially Eric) questioned why there has been no court proceedings or paperwork for them to officially adopt the baby.  Why isn't he asking about a birth certificate?  Are we supposed to think that Melinda forged all that too?

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

By the way, why has NO ONE (especially Eric) questioned why there has been no court proceedings or paperwork for them to officially adopt the baby.  Why isn't he asking about a birth certificate?  Are we supposed to think that Melinda forged all that too?

Because Eric's so dumb even rocks resent the comparison.  I',m surprised he doesn't drown in a rainstorm, just looking up at the water falling from the sky.  It's great that he fills out a pair of jeans like a Bravo runway model wannabe, but a working brain might be a worthwhile addition, at some point.

He gets nervous when the baby says "goo goo" or "ga ga", wishing he could understand that language.  Eric still thinks "left" and "right" are choices.

But, then again, he's always wanted to be a ..... father......

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

While I like how good EJ is being with Nicole, I really wanted him to turn back to classic EJ and threaten Sloan by mentioning, that if there ever WERE to be a trial, Nicole's defense would be that the baby was abandoned by his mother and that the judge really needs to look at if Sloan is competent to adopt a child.  

Gosh I would love for EJ to actually be classic EJ when he opens the dna testing results which states he is not the father and he accuses Nicole of changing the results because she she grubby little golddigger.

For bonus points, he could then remind her what he said to her after their baby Daniel Rafael died, if she thought that she would see her dead babies if she tried to kill herself. The answer was no because she is going to hell.

I hope Jude gets sorased like Holly was to a teenager before Nicole ever gets a chance to find out proof that Jude is her son.

• Love 1

Does Eric even have a job? I compare him to Xander who was so stupidly desperate to show he could have employment and be worthy of Sarah that he kidnapped Susan, with Eric who seems to do shit all while Sloan works non stop and lets him sleep while she takes the baby out.  I can't remember the last time Eric did anything except tend Dad's bar. Is that his job?

• Like 5

Catching up because I’m behind and I think I’m on Friday’s show. They really are writing Sloan as an idiot, leaving her baby like that. 

Also, fuck you show for having Marlena wonder how Sloan will raise a baby with her high powered job. Backward ass thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
11 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Catching up because I’m behind and I think I’m on Friday’s show. They really are writing Sloan as an idiot, leaving her baby like that.

And they're trying to make her really irredeemable.  I KNOW we're supposed to feel sorry for poor traumatized Nicole and hate Sloan for being such a bitch to her, but everything about this story line rings false.  Ever since they made Sloan desperate to "keep" Eric they've just continued too ruin her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
32 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I KNOW we're supposed to feel sorry for poor traumatized Nicole and hate Sloan for being such a bitch to her, but everything about this story line rings false.  Ever since they made Sloan desperate to "keep" Eric they've just continued too ruin her.

Exactly.  They've made Sloan into someone so pathetic that she'll do anything to hold onto her relationship with the human equivalent of a Chia pet.

A Chia pet who's always wanted to be a father - available at Walgreen's everywhere, 2.99, 2 for 5.00!  The last minute gift nobody wants - dating optional.

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And they're trying to make her really irredeemable.  I KNOW we're supposed to feel sorry for poor traumatized Nicole and hate Sloan for being such a bitch to her, but everything about this story line rings false.  Ever since they made Sloan desperate to "keep" Eric they've just continued too ruin her.

I don't feel a thing for Nicole because I remember her lettting Sami raise Grace, then BURY her and not letting her know her baby was alive, then conspiring with EJ to paint Sami as unfit and keep her away from both Johnny (battling cancer) and Sydney even after the truth came out.

Sloan was so refreshing and I still don't buy she is that desperate to keep hold of mopey, unemployed loser Eric

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Does Eric even have a job? I compare him to Xander who was so stupidly desperate to show he could have employment and be worthy of Sarah that he kidnapped Susan, with Eric who seems to do shit all while Sloan works non stop and lets him sleep while she takes the baby out.  I can't remember the last time Eric did anything except tend Dad's bar. Is that his job?

He worked for Basic Black as a photographer but quit after he found out Nicole talked with Jada before she had an abortion.

3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I don't feel a thing for Nicole because I remember her lettting Sami raise Grace, then BURY her and not letting her know her baby was alive, then conspiring with EJ to paint Sami as unfit and keep her away from both Johnny (battling cancer) and Sydney even after the truth came out.

Sloan was so refreshing and I still don't buy she is that desperate to keep hold of mopey, unemployed loser Eric

This story is good in theory but terrible in execution at least with Sydnapping you had established history and a better setup. Which is completely lacking in this version. 

The only good thing about this version is that Nicole isn't clueless for months on end. 

I also agree that I don't buy Sloan being that desperate to keep Eric or any man. She was too much of a boss bitch for me to think she wants men beyond sex. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Also, fuck you show for having Marlena wonder how Sloan will raise a baby with her high powered job. Backward ass thinking. 

Yeah. That was shady, condescending and anti-feminist BS. I hope Deidre was annoyed saying it.

Hey Doc, your perfect son ERIC seems pretty free to pull his own weight, given that he does nothing and keeps going on and on about wanting to be a father. 👀

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Stephanie and 3 men was needed? No it wasn't. Alex is even single he's with Theresa. 

Chad actually getting angry over Clyde and the trying to help Stefan in the pub was actually good.  Hopefully this is good sign for Chad free from Stephanie.  It's progress. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Don't forget she also used that teenager Mia who was Grace's biological mother for her own ends.  I always felt that was so low of Nicole to do that to a young pregnant girl who was scared and alone.  At least Mia was able to hold her baby before she passed so that was the one good thing that Nicole did in that story. 

• Like 1

I wish now that I'd seen that whole Nicole storyline. Probably would have colored my impression of her as much as it did for the rest of you guys. I saw her fake a fall down the stairs in the Square (remember the stairs!) at Jennifer's hands after she'd already miscarried her baby. And I knew about her marrying Lucas for money, and obviously, the entire Rape of Father Eric debacle, with her destroying the evidence or whatever to keep Eric from becoming a priest again...but somehow (probably thanks to AZ's delivery) I keep forgiving Nicole most of her sins.

So...today's episode. Stefanie is really not worth all the attention these three guys keep giving her, but at least she isn't repulsive and full of herself. She's pretty boring, yes, but I can follow her decisions and she's not pitting guys against each other (even though she was being really stupid about Alex for a while there, as he chased her). I guess I feel like her storyline is just the writers not quite knowing which way to take things, resulting in three guys circling her for no apparent reason. Hopefully they settle on something good in the end. By which I mean a different boyfriend altogether.

Because I hate NotNick quite a bit (sorry, is it Everett? I don't care enough to remember.) He's the worst part of Nick before he died, with the fake sincerity and aww-shucks "nice guy" act. Please leave. There's nothing you could do to be interesting to me, even as a bad guy at this point.

I don't even want to see him brought back as Nick for reals. Sorry Blake. This was just a mistake.

Paulina's been looking a bit thinner lately (just me?) so the timing of this "is she sick?" storyline is a bit coincidental. I completely agree she's awful with Abe and needs to go...but I'd feel terribly for him if he has to watch another wife die off. I mean, the guy's already had amnesia for like...5 years? It's starting to feel that way. I can't believe after all these years they've failed to give Abe anything meanwhile as a character arc. He's lasted so long on this show as a supporting player. Is one good idea too much to ask for?

Gwenresa wasn't wrong in calling Brady a sex addict...but so was she, with him. And the script REALLY seemed to avoid her mentioning that Brady spent his time after their breakup bedding her SISTER and then their would-be killer Kristen.

...did we ever see Eve leave the mental hospital? I remember she came back for one wrap-up episode with Harris, while he voluntarily went there. There seemed to be anvils dropping that she'd get out and possibly still cause some trouble. Did I miss anything? (I'd rather she stayed sane, FTR.)

God, I'm so SO glad JL didn't have to play this horrid Theresa storyline. How did SHE end up looking worse than him when he's the deadbeat Dad??

What was the last we saw of Gabi? I think I missed her final episodes. I know she's in jail but that's it. Where is Ari at this point? Did we see her on screen at all as Gabi was re-arrested for the...third time, was it?

Stefan and Chad being at all cordial is super, super weird to me. Chad beating him up after he raped Abigail was one of Chad most shocking scenes. I don't mind them both going after Clyde...but he should put them both on the same level and hate them equally.

It's so bizarre how...almost watchable Ava and Harris have become, in the midst of a stupid storyline too. Thing is, I really don't want to watch them or like them. This show has more important ways to spend what could be its final years, dontcha think? Pair them up, write them off, call it a day!

Can Chad please clear his throat? What is this...a backdoor audition to do Batman voiceovers? Cripes. And no, you moron, you were not a better man because of her. You were constantly dealing with insane bullshit because of her. Constantly.

Also, is Li still dead? I miss him. Any news there?

Gotta say, none of this is feeling very Christmas-y, in spite of all the decorations and music. Actually seeing them shop for one another, or bake, or wrap presents, or do something festive would be nice.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Paulina's been looking a bit thinner lately (just me?) so the timing of this "is she sick?" storyline is a bit coincidental. I completely agree she's awful with Abe and needs to go...but I'd feel terribly for him if he has to watch another wife die off. I mean, the guy's already had amnesia for like...5 years? It's starting to feel that way. I can't believe after all these years they've failed to give Abe anything meanwhile as a character arc. He's lasted so long on this show as a supporting player. Is one good idea too much to ask for?

If you want to see Mr. Reynolds in a leading role, try to find a clip of Generations online.

Perhaps not as worthwhile, but Abe still had his own stand alone storyline during his Days with fake Paulina.

Monday: 

I am ignoring the baby plot. It's on too much and I don't care about any of the players. Ditto Steph and her army of men 

Tuesday:

I am deeply dissapointed in you Andrew. I hope you lose your job over this.

Wednesday:

Why are they writing Sarah so utterly stupid? She should be sharing with Maggie what Steve told her about his suspicions about Konstantin, not encouraging her mother to let the creep back into her life.

I'm so sick of Brady, Alex, Phillip throwing the gardener thing at Xander. That was a PUNISHMENT from Victor for not following orders. Prior to that Xander ran a bunch of money laundering companies for Victor. After that he was Victor's first choice to run Titan. 

And they are setting up Alex for a massive fall. Both Maggie and Xander telling him that Bella is a cash drain on Titan. Hope he has not ruined Victor's legacy before the truth comes out.

Thursday:

I have not really loved teen Holly but that poor child. Abandoned on her birthday. Holly has been a brat but this was awful. I don't think Maggie has thought about Holly twice in years evidenced by her making sure Konstantin isn't alone Xmas Eve but not checking in on her own granddaughter

Enjoyed the vets wrapping gifts and reminiscing. Flashbacks sucked though 

How did Chanel not know her former husband has a glass eye? Can Paulina expire quietly and off screen?

Friday

The continuity on this show sucks. Yesterday Roman said Julie called to cater extra food to accommodate Xander and Konstantin. Today she is surprised to see both.

Wednesday Sarah invited Xander to Horton Christmas Eve so she could have the baby Christmas morning. Today he is taking her for the night and promising videos in the am.

At least Doug has an excuse for lapses in memory. His genuine tears at the end got to me. I treasure our glimpses of him. I fear not many left. I'm glad he sized up Konstantin quickly and accurately 

It was a relief to see Xander suspects the kidnapping was a set up too. Sarah is still being deliberately obtuse about Konstantin. Xander giving him side eye gives me hope he might get some agency in his own plotline.

The Stephanie and Everett square scenes were over long and pointless. Liked her with the kids. She's still their family 

I really like Tate. He reminds me of his grandmother Isabella. Just a very gentle prescence

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I have not really loved teen Holly but that poor child. Abandoned on her birthday. Holly has been a brat but this was awful. I don't think Maggie has thought about Holly twice in years evidenced by her making sure Konstantin isn't alone Xmas Eve but not checking in on her own granddaughter

Yes!  While I fault the writers for not having Holly even mention her grandmother or going to see her, the fact that Maggie didn't even bother to call Holly on her birthday REALLY sucks.  As for EJ taking Nicole away for the night (and Nicole allowing it to happen) how self-centered are both of them?  Even if it WASN'T Holly's birthday, it's still Christmas Eve - you don't simply abandon your teenage daughter because of your needs.   And what a GREAT way to let Holly know that she will NEVER be as important to her mother as her "dead" brother.

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

The continuity on this show sucks.

Was thinking the exact same thing.

At least Doug has an excuse for lapses in memory. His genuine tears at the end got to me. I treasure our glimpses of him. I fear not many left.

I was moved by Doug's genuine emotion at the end.

It was a relief to see Xander suspects the kidnapping was a set up too. Sarah is still being deliberately obtuse about Konstantin. Xander giving him side eye gives me hope he might get some agency in his own plotline.

This!  They need to have him doing more than just interacting with Sarah and Towel.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Finally catching up with the week..I love seeing the flashbacks, but it makes me feel old...I remember the original cast members.  Seeing all the ornaments on the Horton Christmas tree always makes me emotional and I had tears in my eyes when Doug was crying at the end...real tears, real emotions.  The scenes with the 3 couples were nice too...Marlena/John, Kate/Roman, Patch/Kayla...love the flashbacks there too, John & Marlena with the "big hair".   This show often disappoints me, but the shows about Family & Community keep me coming back.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Forgot to mention this before but, Johnny, how NOBLE of you to use your influence to help Paulina jump the emergency room queue.  Entitled rich kid behavior at its best, am I right?  I'm SURE the parents sitting in the crowded emergency room with a very sick child would agree that you were completely justified in pulling staff away for what was clearly defined as a non-emergent case - i.e. she shouldn't have been in an emergency room in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Forgot to mention this before but, Johnny, how NOBLE of you to use your influence to help Paulina jump the emergency room queue.  Entitled rich kid behavior at its best, am I right?  I'm SURE the parents sitting in the crowded emergency room with a very sick child would agree that you were completely justified in pulling staff away for what was clearly defined as a non-emergent case - i.e. she shouldn't have been in an emergency room in the first place.

Yes, that really pissed me off. She should have gone to an urgent care center or her doctor. You mean to tell me that when the mayor calls her doctor she can’t get an appointment?  I call bull shit. 

• Applause 7
17 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Yes, that really pissed me off. She should have gone to an urgent care center or her doctor. You mean to tell me that when the mayor calls her doctor she can’t get an appointment?  I call bull shit. 

A mayor that we also know is super wealthy.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5

Paulina is rich and the mayor, I don't get why she didn't use her own influence? Instead needed Dimera name. 

Stephanie having an ornament and putting it up was ridiculous. Might as well give Nick/Everett and Konstantine one then.  Gwen last year didn't get one and she had more reason than Stephanie getting to put one up.  

The flashback of baby Abby putting ornament up and Laura's too just shows how terrible writing killing both are was.  

Edited by Artsda
  • Applause 5

DOOL Christmas episodes have helped me during some very difficult times over the decades, and I appreciated the nostalgia of Friday’s episode, especially coming from eight longtime characters.

Can’t find that anywhere else but in soaps these days.

The tears at the end. 😭😭

Happy Holidays, everyone! 🎄

• Like 5
  • Love 7

I loved the unity of Brady, Xander and Justin. None of them bought Konstantin's act and they were all clearly with Maggie when Alex acted like an entitled jerk.

Really liked that the writers remembered that Brady and Xander had reached an understanding after Victor's death and are still relatively friendly.

Now Konstantin is back living with Maggie hopefully this story gets moving before Alex tanks the company 

I'm sure Victor would have wanted Bo to have that watch over any of his other kids

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Chad is spending Christmas day drinking with Everett and Jason Morgan?  Where are his children who are missing their mother.  

With the two people in their nineties who probably need naps

• Like 4
  • LOL 6