Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Some lame Thanksgiving dinners & Everett is more & more annoying...he was so smug at Julie's house for dinner, just acts like he is part of the family.  And I know Doug supposedly ran the Turkey Trot but couldnt they have him at least sitting at the table with everyone.  I did chuckle when Julie said she thought she had met him before.  Ava & Harris dont seem to be celebrating Thanksgiving.  Arianne Zucker(Nicole) is breaking my heart with her portrayal of an emotionally broken woman.  I hope Melinda pays for this somehow, she & that doctor are horrible people.  I did enjoy that last scene of Nicole holding Eric's baby.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I was gonna post my incredulity of the writers saying Doug ran the Turkey Trot, but then I remembered a story about a 90-something year old completing the Peachtree Road Race (an annual 10K here in Atlanta) this year, and it was like their 30th straight year running the race...so I guess it's not entirely improbable that Doug could do it, lol. But I actually enjoy the fact that they threw this little detail in there of some characters running a race on Thanksgiving morning since that's an actual thing in a lot of cities. Just a li'l touch of realism to ground all the dramatics.

I'm surprised EJ and Nicole didn't immediately threaten to sue the hospital when Dr. Dirty told them about the accidental cremation. What are he and Melinda gonna do if they do decide to sue? EJ's the damn DA! He should make this the front page headline of the Spectator.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

I'm surprised EJ and Nicole didn't immediately threaten to sue the hospital when Dr. Dirty told them about the accidental cremation. What are he and Melinda gonna do if they do decide to sue? EJ's the damn DA! He should make this the front page headline of the Spectator.

I hope they do sue, but knowing these writers, this will likely be dropped in the dumbest way possible.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I hope they do sue, but knowing these writers, this will likely be dropped in the dumbest way possible.

Nicole told him not to get the doctor fired so I’m sure she won’t want him to sue. The writers sure are bending and twisting the writing to make this plot work. I hate it. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, oceanblue said:

I like the actor who plays Clyde.  He was George Hazard in North and South and I really expected a huge career for him.  Not this crap.  

I like the actor as well as North & South is one of my all-time favorite TV miniseries. I also liked him in Charmed. But the charater of Clyde is beyond stomach turning.  

• Like 7

We all Know, or at least guess, that Nicole will see Eric's doll-in-blanket and KNOW that he is her son. But, everyone will just think she is still mourning and it is just the grief talking. Since Leo actually delivered him, maybe HE will see him and make the connection, and he will be the hero. Not sure what is going to happen with Dimitri. I guess he will attempt to blackmail Sloan and Melinda.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

We all Know, or at least guess, that Nicole will see Eric's doll-in-blanket and KNOW that he is her son. But, everyone will just think she is still mourning and it is just the grief talking. Since Leo actually delivered him, maybe HE   will see him and make the connection, and he will be the hero.

The part I'm REALLY over, is the insta-connection between Eric and the baby.   I was rolling my eyes so far back in my head I so brain matter when the baby was fussing for Sloan and MAGICALLY calmed for Eric.  We GET it , it's his kid.  But, life doesn't work that way - I really wish this soap didn't try to convince us it does.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Nicole told him not to get the doctor fired so I’m sure she won’t want him to sue. The writers sure are bending and twisting the writing to make this plot work. I hate it. 

Me too. It's beyond dumb. EJ tried to have Ava murdered while she was tucked away in a mental hospital over inadvertently killing his Mom. But we are supposed to buy him not immediately wanting to see his dead son? And not going after the hospital for incinerating him? Are you serious??

57 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

The part I'm REALLY over, is the insta-connection between Eric and the baby.

Could be worse. Remember Holly bringing Daniel's heart back to life in Brady's chest?

🙄

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Also, and I feel like we need to collectively remind the producers of this so the characters will all stop saying it, ERIC HAS NOT "ALWAYS" WANTED TO BE A DAD!! HE CHOSE TO BECOME A CELIBATE PRIEST!!!

Christ Almighty, what IS it with the "I know it's been your lifelong dream to have children, Eric" crap? No, actually, IT HASN'T. He's had MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES to be a parent and HE WALKED AWAY FROM ALL OF THEM!!!!

*hyperventilates*

I am fine with him deciding he wants to have a bio kid before he gets too old or something...but not this "you never got the chance/poor you/its the only thing you ever wanted" retcon BS.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

The part I'm REALLY over, is the insta-connection between Eric and the baby.   I was rolling my eyes so far back in my head I so brain matter when the baby was fussing for Sloan and MAGICALLY calmed for Eric.  We GET it , it's his kid.  But, life doesn't work that way - I really wish this soap didn't try to convince us it does.

Meanwhile it didn't make a peep when Dimitri had him for all the time lol.

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I loved him as Murphy on Remington Steele 

YES! (With fellow eye candy Pierce Brosnan!)

And North & South (with fellow eye candy, Patrick Swayze!).

If this was still 1980s/early 1990s Days, that would be one thing.

But in its current mess of a state, any actor with a resumé like James Read's and, yes, even John Kapelos (who was in both John Hughes films, Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club, not to mention Forever Knight back in the day!) could only be on this show for a pay check, not for any sort of acting challenge. (Everyone needs money!)

• Like 6

I hate Clyde but really like JR. He plays him so well, you can't help but respect him. Remember the early days, when he wooed Kate? He was charming and kinda sexy and rootable...and then we found out about his treatment of Jordan. And his weird devotion to Ben. And his killer instincts.

Read sells it all. 100% believable.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Say what you will about Days, I was extremely happy it aired five episodes during Thanksgiving week-- we never see that with the network soaps.

Christmastime is my favorite time on soaps because of the set decorations and Christmas instrumental background music, so regardless of December's storylines, I'm looking forward to watching.

• Like 11

Why do I get the eering feeling we're in for the most Paulina and Leo-filled time of the year?

...I loved Xmas in Bay City. Salem can be...cheesy to the extreme.

I suspect Abe will get his memory back at the most cliche moment possible.

Maybe Paulina chokes on a turkey leg and it triggers memories of their first meal together.

Or the painful sounds of Karens screaming and demanding refunds at customer service gets him thinking about his blushing bride.

I just hope when it happens, Belle is there with divorce papers at the ready. Sometimes being single is the best gift of all.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

YES! (With fellow eye candy Pierce Brosnan!)

And North & South (with fellow eye candy, Patrick Swayze!).

If this was still 1980s/early 1990s Days, that would be one thing.

But in its current mess of a state, any actor with a resumé like James Read's and, yes, even John Kapelos (who was in both John Hughes films, Sixteen Candles and The Breakfast Club, not to mention Forever Knight back in the day!) could only be on this show for a pay check, not for any sort of acting challenge. (Everyone needs money!)

I guess you can add me to the list of people who have “followed” JR’s career.  I too watched him in North & South and Charmed.  He was also a semi regular on Midnight Caller (boyfriend of the radio station owner).  
As for Kapelos….Skanky!!!  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 11/22/2023 at 11:04 PM, DaphneCat said:

I'm hoping (I'm sure futilely) this is a way to get Nicole to realize why Sami hates her.  The exact same thing she did to Sami is happening to her now.  I would like her to understand just how much torment she put Sami through.  While I don't think it will ever happen, I would really love it if Nicole and Sami could FINALLY get over their feud and we wouldn't be subjected to Sami/Nicole round 2,847 when Sami comes back for one of her visits - especially since we all KNOW that we're getting round 67 of Eric/Nicole.

That's never going to happen(unless the show ends) which is fine there should still be rivalries. Although I would say when AS left Days back in 2014 it seemed that they ended on a good note then that was undone when Sami returned.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Sarah has done the full 180. Going from a full hate on for Xander to asking him if there is a chance he'd get back with her. This girl gives me whiplash

Xander should have asked Chad for his 50% of the paper in exchange for firing Everett.

Everett and Steph are creating a PR disaster supporting Leo. Both should be fired just for that lol

I can't handle Konstantin's over the top accent anymore. Please Steve, put me out of my misery and nail this idiot to the wall

Dare we hope Alex overheard the pertinent part of what Konstantin said or will it be another fake out like Brady last time?

Sarah seemed to be listening to Steve once Victoria was a factor. Wonder if she will move herself and the baby into Xander's flat while Steve is investigating.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I was about to give the show credit for remembering character history when Theresa quipped that women are also capable of knocking men out with a single blow - as she did with John, oh so many years ago - but now it seems that Gwenresa is the one who disguised herself and "kidnapped" the baby from the house? Are you f***ing kidding me?

Theresa, the real one, would never in a million billion years kidnap a child after what was done to her and Tate. Least of all from Sarah, who had already lost a baby. Or to Maggie, who just lost her husband.

She would have to be the absolute scum of the earth to do that, and as we've seen, she's not.

Plus - and I apparently have to keep saying this - her family is filthy rich and Alex's money don't mean shit to her.

So yeah, this is an awful way to use the character for the purposes of this plot. It wasn't a believable scheme for these two to concoct to get Maggie's defenses down. Police - even Salem police - should have looked at the lack of evidence (and possibly the camera footage, since I refuse to believe the estate of a mobster like Victor has no security cameras) and realized quickly this was staged.

Moving right along, I think Stephanie has a good story going, even though she's still "nice" but unremarkable. Having two men both want her/want to marry her is interesting. It's just too bad she's isn't.

Chad flexing his DiMera muscle again is refreshing, even though I think (and hope) it costs him his relationship with Stephanie...who frankly seems too open to flirting with other guys and accepting their professions of love to really marry Chad and play stepmom anyhow.

Stephanie, girl, be honest with Chad that you want more time to explore your options and end this mess of a relationship now before it gets worse. There are kids involved. You should be examining your feelings and leaving now, not waiting for Chad to do something jealous and stupid.

Everett is just Nick. You can't unsee it. He isn't even wearing a wig, FFS.

Steve is so "ON" with his deductions, I want him to come sit with me on the couch and rip this whole show a new one, LOL. Man, you're 100% right about Konstantin's idiotic and convenient plot. Wanna come help me vent about Nicole's baby drama?

Give Steve a second cup of coffee and he'll have all the town's mysteries solved in two hours flat!

...why did Kayla have a bunch of flowers?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3

I realize the show doesn't quite know what to do with him (which may be a blessing, really) but I still really like Chad. I'm glad he hasn't gone crazy, gone full DiMera, or been written off.

It's nice to see one good person come out of that crazy household.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, this stuff with Everett makes him look awful but I think the show thinks it makes him look good lol.

Nope, just like they made it a big deal when Alex turned off Stephanie's phone, she will eventually find out Chad did this and it will be the reason she breaks up with him.  Don't know if she will go back to Everett or start up again with Alex.

Edited by DaphneCat
Hit enter too soon
  • Like 2

I remember why I loved Steve so much back in the eighties

If only he and Xander could share a scene where Xander tells him about the Theresa/Konstantin connection. Steve would surely be able to notice that two grifters who know each other came to town at the same time and went after two halves of the same fortune.

Can this Victor son secret come out already? I am so sick of Alex saying XANDER IS JUST JEALOUS cause HE WILL NEVER EVER HAVE WHAT I HAVE!

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

Gwenresa is poor.

🙄 yeah.

Is Everett a short-term character? The silly casting would make more sense then (like a Rex situation). 

Don't know if she will go back to Everett or start up again with Alex.

Ugh. She will totally go back to BenAlex. Gotta keep RSW relevant, right? This was just a stall. Gwenresa isn't going to last, clearly.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2

Stephanie is actually better than both Chad and Alex (which is sad lol) so I hope they don't saddle her with either anymore. Everett is clearly shady and his whole story is a lie so I don't know if he's viable but I hope so because BB is much more enjoyable to watch than BF or RSW.

• Like 6

I wish they developed Stephanie as a character better than just tossing her with a love interest right away. 

This show has no idea how to write for below 50-year-old heroines without them being shrill, mean etc.  I feel like Chanel might be the exception but with her they do the bare minimum. 

• Like 10

Konstantine story can't go fast enough. Maggie is an idiot if she lets this guy stay in her house still, he's a lying stranger. 

Alex is another one who is blinded by Gwen version  of Theresa.  She's really Gwen with a wig, Theresa has grown and wouldn't kidnap the kid, she hasn't said a word about her kid in town.  It's like they've forgotten she's not Gwen. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I was glad Steve had the Salem brain today, but why didn't he tell Maggie that Konstantin was lying about him and Victor even being friends BEFORE he brought up the kidnapping?  That would cast a LOT more doubt on him.

Hopefully this stupid story is going to be over soon.  Since they've now completely destroyed Theresa she may as well go back to California. 

This show can write sympathetic storylines for vile people like Kristen and Ben but will completely trash people who are somewhat grey - like Theresa.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

This show can write sympathetic storylines for vile people like Kristen and Ben but will completely trash people who are somewhat grey - like Theresa.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2

A week later and it's STILL Thanksgiving?  I suppose next week is Christmas.  

I'm guessing by the activity on this board, that everyone else is as bored with the Konstantin/Theresa inheritance swap and baby swap stories as I am.   I'm really wondering what the writers will come up with since the only other plotlines they have going - Chuckling Abe reuniting with Paulina, the trials of Stephanie's love life, and Holly mooning around over Johnny are all equally dull if not more so.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

A week later and it's STILL Thanksgiving?  I suppose next week is Christmas.  

I'm guessing by the activity on this board, that everyone else is as bored with the Konstantin/Theresa inheritance swap and baby swap stories as I am.   I'm really wondering what the writers will come up with since the only other plotlines they have going - Chuckling Abe reuniting with Paulina, the trials of Stephanie's love life, and Holly mooning around over Johnny are all equally dull if not more so.

I want them to get on with the Xander parentage reveal as the fall out will be great fun (not for Brady and Alex maybe, but for me), but the pacing is ridiculously slow. I hope when the replacement writers kick in after Christmas we get some decent writing at last

I have no interest in the baby swap. The writers are going through hoops to make this 'work' but it isn't. Why would Melinda do all this? Why on earth would Dimitri turn himself in for a murder when he knows there is no DEAD PERSON?!! Make it make sense!!!

The rest of the plot is all filler. I am too old for Tate/Holly/Chanel/Johnny. I can't abide Paulina and Chuckling Abe. Stephanie and her men are dull as dirt. Rafe, Jada, Tripp, Wendy are even more boring. Harris, Stephan, Ava and the mob is slightly interesting but if it isn't on I wouldn't notice. I am kind of into Leo and Dimitri as a couple because at least they aren't boring.

• Like 7
58 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Harris, Stephan, Ava and the mob is slightly interesting but if it isn't on I wouldn't notice.

I didn't even remember that plot so I guess I'm in the same place as you .😄  Slightly interested but forget about it when it's gone.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's the baby story that is the worst to me. I mostly fast forward it so I really shouldn't complain but it's awful and needs to end.

I don't mind baby switch stories but I swear RC was either drunk or high when he wrote it.At least the other ones he tried.Why is Melinda going all out for Sloan why wouldn't EJ and Nicole go get the dead ashes of there dead baby at the funeral home.Why is Dimitri turning himself in for murder when he knows the baby is alive.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

Why is Dimitri not just going to tell EJ? That ends the murder charges. This is stupid. 

I agree and this doesn't even benefit Dimitri and Leo.Come on we know they would keep quiet or blackmail someone if this would benefit them but they have way more lose by keeping quiet.ugh this story is annoying me.

• Like 7

The acrobats continue. The writers continue to write the stupidest things to make this baby storyline work. Spoiler alert: It’s not. 

Why the fuck wouldn’t they try again using enough of Nicole’s DNA for the test? It makes no damn sense and is insulting.  I hate this storyline. Hate.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

The acrobats continue. The writers continue to write the stupidest things to make this baby storyline work. Spoiler alert: It’s not. 

Why the fuck wouldn’t they try again using enough of Nicole’s DNA for the test? It makes no damn sense and is insulting.  I hate this storyline. Hate.

I'm just BORED, which I think may be even worse. There is zero new ground here. Ron gets off on baby switches, but it's deader than a dead horse, ground into dust.

Give Nicky back her brat and let's move ON!

Assuming Ron knows of any other story to tell and, well...

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, DanaMB said:

It would make sense if it was EJ who was certain that the baby was "his" and demands the test while Nicole is resistant because she is afraid to hope.

Oh well no baby for Nicole. Sucks to be her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

So when is the kid going to get some disease that requires a blood transfusion or some other thing that has to come from a biological relative?   Before Christmas?  Or are they really going to drag this out until the new year?  Have absolutely no interest in this stupid plot whatsoever.

• Like 6