Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Theresa has regressed so much, they took her years back to make her vile

Yeah it's awful.

Granted, her wanting to stick it to Xander isnt awful necessarily with the right buildup, but he did get her away from Matteo so...aren't they square? Shouldn't they be fine now?

Marlena's invitation to Sloan was nice. If only she and John had a diningroom.

Alex is such a tool. Xander was completely right in calling him out on his BS.

So Constantine created an identical version of the letter but forged Angelica's signature at the bottom...even though he never knew her or even heard of her? Huh?

I still don't get why Nicole and EJ's awful marital history isnt figuring into this storyline.

Eric is a bozo with this adopted child bullshit. Holly! but also, didn't you work in a third world country where adopting a child from out of squalor would have been a blessing and a half?

Hey, at least there were only 2 lousy characters on today. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Thing was, she didn't frame him for rape because she hated him. He was just a patsy. She feared him when he came back to get her on her wedding day, and worked with him reluctantly to get back to Salem.

He should hate her more than she hates him really.

This whole plotline really makes little sense unless Xander did something to her to set her off (beyond a verbal spat).

And again, Theresa's family is RICH. 🙄 She wouldn't need Kiriakis money. She's Shanes kid, FFS.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Thing was, she didn't frame him for rape because she hated him. He was just a patsy. She feared him when he came back to get her on her wedding day, and worked with him reluctantly to get back to Salem.

He should hate her more than she hates him really.

This whole plotline really makes little sense unless Xander did something to her to set her off (beyond a verbal spat).

Exactly, he got her out of the Mexican drug den, which should have made up for tanking her wedding to Brady, and she tried her 'best' to get him back into the Kiriakis family fold as a thank you and to make up for crying rape.  Were those charges ever reversed? Xander never went back to prison so did Victor make them go away? I know she confessed to Brady that she made up the whole thing. Her being mad at him now over Brady seems like regression too

So does Konstantin still have the original letter penned by Mrs Cook Kiriakis in his possesion? That should come into play, although I hope there is a letter from Victor to Xander explaining why he put him through a lifetime of emotional torture when he could have just been a decent uncle when Titus died.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Jason Morgan looked his true self today, so his uniform is getting to wear the black and leather jacket and run around with a gun.  How long until he starts to work with Ava and mobsters?

So Rafe hires pure criminals now like Wendy and Harris, but wants them to go bring in other criminals? So Rafe decides good criminals versus bad criminals?

• Like 6
39 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Todays show was terrible. I don’t care about Ava, Harris, Wendy, Tripp. 

Especially since Ava is doing the same stupid thing everyone does on soaps - "protecting" a loved one be being involved in something illegal, stupid or dangerous.  Her and Harris could easily team up and limit Clyde's influence, but, of course, she won't do it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Todays show was terrible. I don’t care about Ava, Harris, Wendy, Tripp. 

Yep.  The only thing I'm currently even remotely interested in is how many butt ugly maternity outfits Show can force Arianne Zucker into wearing.  That one she had on Tuesday, maybe Monday?, that looked a lot like the polyester throws my parents used on their patio furniture in the 70's got me hooked.  

Otherwise, color me bored.  While I sorta like the guy playing Dimitri, GR playing Leo is about as funny as the guy who still thinks "pull my finger" is hilarious.  Show has decided to pretend that Greg Rikaart has some comedic talent, just as the maroons over at Y&R decided, to their detriment, some decades past, but the guy is nowhere near as funny as a laxative commercial.  Though I think he might want to consider pursuing that as his next career move.

As for Ava, come ON, Show!?!?!  Mob Princess should be able to put down that over-the-hill Opie wannabe no matter whether she's currently in the business or not.

Oh!  One more thing.  Who hated Kayla enough to make her wear that oddly shaped and badly fitted zip up bag of a dress today?  She should be much angrier at them than at Dimitri for tying her to the bed.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

This framing Kristen for child abuse stuff is totally distasteful. Who am I supposed to be rooting for here?

And the way logic works on this show, I guess Rachel saying "it was makeup and I was tricked by Gabi" won't be enough to disprove the allegations?

I can't make heads or tails of this when a non-bribed judge seriously gave Kristen sole custody.

And two people running through town in ghost sheets just happen to get confused with two others doing the exact same thing...even though it's not yet Halloween?

And now Harris is a cop?

And the mob needs Ava - needs her! - to run a restaurant?

Oooookay.... 🤷‍♂️

• Applause 4
  • LOL 1

I guess Days has finally reached the depths of hell with the playing of Stabi gives Rachel a little girl who has been very messed up by her parents, a black eye in the name of having her say her mother abused her. What in the living hell? Who pea brained ass thought this was even worth the paper it was written on. Insulting Offensive as hell. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, SouthernChick said:

Gabi and Stefan are two disgusting human beings for faking child abuse. 

They are. Too bad the one they are faking it against is a RAPIST AND MURDERER, though. So, my sympathy is nil all the way around.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

A few weeks ago, when Krsten had pulled a gun and someone talked her down from it, saying she wasn't a murderer, I'd forgotten all.about Melinda's daughter the nurse.

God, they've sure butchered this character. 

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

A few weeks ago, when Krsten had pulled a gun and someone talked her down from it, saying she wasn't a murderer, I'd forgotten all.about Melinda's daughter the nurse.

God, they've sure butchered this character. 

I hate that in this instance I am sympathetic towards this awful character. The Stefan and Gabi plot is awful, and Brady as usual is dumb as a block of wood for going along with helping without knowing any of the details

• Like 6

I was LOL when Theresa said "I feel like a whole different person"(when she was talking to Xander).  I did like the scenes with Maggie & Xander..they feel "Real" since we have seen their relationship evolve for several years.  The Giant portrait of Victor reminds me of the giant portrait of Stephano in the DiMeara house. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Sarah handed her baby over to a stranger. Nobody knows and has ulterior motives. Maybe Xander is right on taking custody. 

Exactly my thoughts. What the actual Sarah... Xander has yet to see his child but you throw her at random old guy and leave the house? Unreal

• Like 6

Apparently Black Patch has switched over from investigating crime and undercover surveillance to matchmaking?  Will Steve be taking the starring role in a Salem production of "Hello Dolly"?

More ludicrous scenes have been done on Show, that's for sure, but I don't think Steve has been the protagonist in a scene so utterly ridiculous as him telling Chad to marry Stephanie.

From here on out, I hope to hear Steve has a standing weekly date to play mah jong with Julie while gossiping like bored church ladies.

Sheesh, Show, way to NOT go!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

The Giant portrait of Victor reminds me of the giant portrait of Stephano in the DiMeara house.

I'm sorry, but that thing is absolutely hideous.  If something ever happened to Mr. Cat I couldn't IMAGINE who would hate me enough to "gift" me with something like that.  Fortunately, I know Mr. Cat would be incredibly honored if I burned the thing in our fire pit so I wouldn't have to look at that for long.

• LOL 3

My God, Steve Johnson reduced to stereotypical pushy Daddy, trying to marry off darling daughter like it's 1953, instead of 2023.

And to the widower of HER OWN DEAD COUSIN.

Yeah, not weird at all!

Surprised Stephen Nichols hasn't done another social media complaint. I'd be in full support.

Can we PLEASE find writers that will at least TRY to remember it is the 21st century and go for something new?

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
7 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

So glad Xander brought up Theresa falsely accusing him of rape and sending him to prison for a crime he didn’t commit today. 

Me too. And Theresa confirmed it was a lie. I assumed that she had recanted after he saved her from Mexico as he never went back to prison 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, boes said:

From here on out, I hope to hear Steve has a standing weekly date to play mah jong with Julie while gossiping like bored church ladies.

I would absolutely love this.

8 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Felt bad for Stephanie today when she came out in her Halloween costume, not realizing it was the same one Abby had worn. Then she graciously went and changed clothes. She is too good for Chad.

Honestly, I agree. I usually fast forward the Stephanie scenes but today I actually kind of liked her. Chad, on the other hand, is just so lifeless.

I don't want Stephanie with Alex again either though. I'm sorta enjoying him and Theresa for now. 

• Like 3
14 hours ago, boes said:

More ludicrous scenes have been done on Show, that's for sure, but I don't think Steve has been the protagonist in a scene so utterly ridiculous as him telling Chad to marry Stephanie.

As bad as that was, I don't think that ANYTHING could compare to when they turned Steve/Patch into Stefano with "his essence."

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
28 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

As bad as that was, I don't think that ANYTHING could compare to when they turned Steve/Patch into Stefano with "his essence."

You're right.  Some things are so wrong, I apparently blocked them.  His Stefano intonation and wardrobe alone were horrifc.....the storyline,.....

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Gabi and Stefan made me actually root for Kristen.  This plan and Brady included is disgusting.  Gabi and Stefan can go anytime. 

Leave Rachel with the Dimeras. She fits in there. 

Kristen should have slapped Gabi's smirk off her face.  

Chad never should have gotten with Stephanie so fast. He jumped and rushed and moved in all so fast.  Now he wants to mourn and now she's trying to run to the altar now.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, boes said:

Apparently Black Patch has switched over from investigating crime and undercover surveillance to matchmaking?  Will Steve be taking the starring role in a Salem production of "Hello Dolly"?

Sheesh, Show, way to NOT go!

I honestly would rather see Steve/Julie play Mah Jong than what's currently airing. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
3 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I hate Kristen, but what Stefan and Gabi did was cruel and disgusting. I consider them villains.

They're all villains tbh. That being said this is also a very manipulative attempt of the show to make Kristen sympathetic and it won't work with me at least. 

If they wanted Kristen to be a viable character on this show they shouldn't have made her as far gone as they did. That's a large part of why the genre is failing. There's no moral compass and nothing really matters if bad guys always win.

It's also unfortunate this is the best they can come up with for Stabi storywise when this pairing had so much potential to begin with. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5

I don't feel bad for Kristen. She's still a vile unrepentant rapist. I feel bad for Rachel who won't be seeing Taylor Swift.

Don't care about Stephanie with anybody. I actually don't mind Alex with Gweneresa but that's likely cause I know she's making a fool of him. I love that every word Xander said was true, right down to her knowing what was in the will before boinking him.

So I assume Konstantin has the full original letter since he said they made a copy? I figure once Maggie tells him she's not interested he'll grab the baby and will end up offering Xander the real letter to stop him killing him.

I know the show isn't good enough to plan this but how cool is it that Jack was best friends with both Isabella and Xander? I hope they reconcile one day and talk about his sister. And maybe awful father issues. A girl can dream...

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I don't feel bad for Kristen. She's still a vile unrepentant rapist. I feel bad for Rachel who won't be seeing Taylor Swift.

Don't care about Stephanie with anybody. I actually don't mind Alex with Gweneresa but that's likely cause I know she's making a fool of him. I love that every word Xander said was true, right down to her knowing what was in the will before boinking him.

So I assume Konstantin has the full original letter since he said they made a copy? I figure once Maggie tells him she's not interested he'll grab the baby and will end up offering Xander the real letter to stop him killing him.

I know the show isn't good enough to plan this but how cool is it that Jack was best friends with both Isabella and Xander? I hope they reconcile one day and talk about his sister. And maybe awful father issues. A girl can dream...

I don't mind Alex in general. I mean RSW isn't who I wanted to play him to begin with and I get why people are bothered by him being such a "dude bro" but I like his relationship with Sonny and Justin. He also gets humbled on a regular basis unlike a lot of other characters on this show who could use it.  I prefer him in scenes not involving his love life.

• Like 7
On 10/28/2023 at 11:14 AM, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't mind Alex in general. I mean RSW isn't who I wanted to play him to begin with and I get why people are bothered by him being such a "dude bro" but I like his relationship with Sonny and Justin. He also gets humbled on a regular basis unlike a lot of other characters on this show who could use it.  I prefer him in scenes not involving his love life.

He's just a one note character to me. However I'm looking forward to him getting fired.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
23 hours ago, brisbydog said:

He's just a one note character to me. However I'm looking forward to him getting fired.

So is just about everyone else on this show. Granted I expected a lot more out of Alex in general but he doesn't bother me as lot of other characters on this show because he's always humbled. It's a low bar at this point.

• Like 4

Ditto for Nicole, suddenly remembering EJ is....EJ.

I'm officially Team Li. He's got a real conscience, wants to fix things, knows he needs help and is funny, lovable and a guy who can be both good and bad. Flawed. Rootable.

I will truly enjoy the next few months, watching him redeem himself, find a new path and restore his sense of self worth. Go Li! You can do it buddy. And it'll be such fun to watch.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Maybe I moved on too soon? Ya think Chad? 

Chad has actually mourned longer than most of his fellow soap characters did. John moved hella fast to Diana after Marlena died and then moved on with Kate like 4 months after Marlena “died” during the Salem Stalker story. Kayla moved on fast to Shane after Steve died, ditto Bo with Carly. Jennifer moved on to Daniel just weeks after Jack fell down the elevator shaft. I wish most of these people waited at least a year, but they didn’t. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Kayla moved on fast to Shane after Steve died

To this day, I pretend this never happened. I know there have been lots of problematic relationships on the show, but this one particularly grossed me out. Kayla and her brother-in-law?  No. Just no. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

To this day, I pretend this never happened. I know there have been lots of problematic relationships on the show, but this one particularly grossed me out. Kayla and her brother-in-law?  No. Just no. 

And Shane said “I’m finally with the right Brady sister” to Kayla dissing Kimberly. I wish she had found out what he said.

• Mind Blown 1

Comparatively speaking, John didn't move really fast to Diana. Both had met 10 months after Marlena's death due to the nature of their profession and didn't blosoom into love right away. The build-up was organic, whereas It took roughly 2 to 3 months to reveal John was indeed Roman and boom his love with Marlena was fully back on track. This wouldn't a problem with WN because for example those memories of their supercoupling romance could be shown in montages which was an every effective tool to rekindle old loves. But DH was literally a recast and they had to start from scrach to fit everything into "Roman and Marlena" mode in such a short period of time. So the storytelling and exuection for John and Marlena felt rather rushed and weak as a result.

Edited by spookyseason
  • Like 1