Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Way too much Constantine. Hopefully this story wraps soon.  

Chad buying the paper at least brings it back in Jack and Jenn family.  Even if it's really about Everett. 

Maggie is an idiot.  He's a good man. Yes Maggie Constantine is the best. 

• Like 5
26 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Way too much Constantine. Hopefully this story wraps soon.  

Chad buying the paper at least brings it back in Jack and Jenn family.  Even if it's really about Everett. 

Maggie is an idiot.  He's a good man. Yes Maggie Constantine is the best. 

How could Maggie leave that baby alone with a man she barely knows?? For once Sarah will have a right to yell and be judgemental. If I were Sloan I'd use this in court.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

How could Maggie leave that baby alone with a man she barely knows?? For once Sarah will have a right to yell and be judgemental. If I were Sloan I'd use this in court.

Sarah has half a brain now,  but she also  left the baby with that stranger weeks ago.

Yet Xander she's trying to keep the baby from. 

• Like 3

If the show is trying to make me believe that Chad feels threatened and jealous of Stephanie's Ex's, then Billy needs to do a better job making Chad not look like he wants to throw Stephanie out the nearest window. I know I would. 😃

• Like 5
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, Sidney said:

If the show is trying to make me believe that Chad feels threatened and jealous of Stephanie's Ex's, then Billy needs to do a better job making Chad not look like he wants to throw Stephanie out the nearest window. I know I would. 😃

He bothers me more in this story than Stephanie does. Yeah Stephanie leaves a lot to be desired but at least the actress seems like she's doing her part. Even Alex is better despite being a sleaze. Chad? I get absolutely nothing out of him.  I do think in family scenes BF is fine but romantic scenes I haven't found him remotely believable since 2015 early 2016.

• Like 10

I'm bracing myself for a double wedding in the Kiriakis living room in a few months. Gweneresa/Benalex and Maggie/Konstantin. Officiated by Justin of course and interrupted by one of Xander/Steve with the news that they tampered with the will.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

These people really believe Constantine was able to chase anyone down? 

They apparently believe "I came face to face with HIM, I got hit by him, but I can give you absolutely NO description of him" so yeah, that tracks.

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I'm bracing myself for a double wedding in the Kiriakis living room in a few months. Gweneresa/Benalex

...ok so, I'll be vomiting pretty hard at that and might need you to call emergency services in advance.

Theresa has been royally screwed by this storyline (and recast) and I need her to run as far from Salem as possible.

JJ, please rescue her NOW.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

They apparently believe "I came face to face with HIM, I got hit by him, but I can give you absolutely NO description of him" so yeah, that tracks.

Xander used to be a career criminal. Further proof that he has been dumbed down trying to be 'worthy of Sarah'

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Theresa has been royally screwed by this storyline (and recast) and I need her to run as far from Salem as possible

The REAL Theresa would never have agreed to kidnap a baby.  She would have simply called Constantine's bluff and threatened to let Maggie know that he was romancing her for her money.  (And she would have made sure she had proof to make her threat good.)

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Xander used to be a career criminal. Further proof that he has been dumbed down trying to be 'worthy of Sarah'

Yup, the fact that he wasn't INSTANTLY suspicious (especially since he doesn't like the guy) is completely out of character for him.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

The REAL Theresa would never have agreed to kidnap a baby.  She would have simply called Constantine's bluff and threatened to let Maggie know that he was romancing her for her money.  (And she would have made sure she had proof to make her threat good.)

Yup, the fact that he wasn't INSTANTLY suspicious (especially since he doesn't like the guy) is completely out of character for him.

I am hoping that he was just overwhelmed with relief about the baby and will question it later.

Thankfully Steve IS suspicious and I'm trusting him to uncover some dirt on Konstantin in Greece

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 11/17/2023 at 5:12 PM, Phebemarie said:

Why did Maggie stop to check out Konstantin rather than run after the person kidnapping her granddaughter?  There's no way that makes sense.  

Thank you!   That made zero sense.  Then Maggie calls Sarah before calling the police. 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

The REAL Theresa would never have agreed to kidnap a baby. 

DING DING DING!

Her own freaking son was literally ripped away from her. Yeah, she'd never do this.

I could easily see her objecting to Xander weaseling his way into Victor's family and fortune and genuinely wanting to protect Maggie from him in some way...but she wouldn't be after Victor's money anymore or desperate for Brady still or clinging to Alex or letting Constantine hurt Maggie....none of it. BS plotting.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

DING DING DING!

Her own freaking son was literally ripped away from her. Yeah, she'd never do this.

I could easily see her objecting to Xander weaseling his way into Victor's family and fortune and genuinely wanting to protect Maggie from him in some way...but she wouldn't be after Victor's money anymore or desperate for Brady still or clinging to Alex or letting Constantine hurt Maggie....none of it. BS plotting.

I think TPTB just wanted more Sarah versus Gwen energy, but since Gwen wasn't well received, just threw a blonde wig on Emily O'Brien, crossed out Gwen, put Theresa there, and so on.

Sounds dumb? Yes. Yes, it does. Which tracks for this mess.

• Like 6
On 11/18/2023 at 12:41 AM, DisneyBoy said:

...ok so, I'll be vomiting pretty hard at that and might need you to call emergency services in advance.

Theresa has been royally screwed by this storyline (and recast) and I need her to run as far from Salem as possible.

JJ, please rescue her NOW.

Hard pass JJ was emasculated enough as is. Fortunately this show forgets he exists half the time so yay me. 

• Like 1

I was surprisingly pleased with Alex coming to Xander's defense regarding Sarah lying about the paternity. Maybe the two of them will be able to bond over their mutual Theresa hatred when this all comes out

We were almost rid of Konstantin. Ugh. Why do I feel like this is going to drag until we get to yet another aborted wedding. Probably two (see above)

Paulina would NEVER use her job to further her personal issues, never never.

I though Ava was badass. We need to see more women fighting back like that. And I don't give a crap about Gil being dead, but isn't that the second dead body in this apartment in a week?

Sarah and Xander made me so happy today. Finally.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

And I don't give a crap about Gil being dead, but isn't that the second dead body in this apartment in a week?

It sure is.

They're never getting their cleaning deposit back, not ever.

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Paulina would NEVER use her job to further her personal issues, never never.

You are absolutely right about that.  She NEVER had Abe use the Mayor's office to help Chanel.  Never.  Man, she was pretty unlikeable before but now they're turning her into a real bitch - caring ONLY about how it looks NOW, not about how stupid she's going to look when it inevitably comes out that Gabi didn't kill Li and Paulina SPECIFICALLY ordered the police to NOT investigate the case fully.

• LOL 2
40 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

You are absolutely right about that.  She NEVER had Abe use the Mayor's office to help Chanel.  Never.  Man, she was pretty unlikeable before but now they're turning her into a real bitch - caring ONLY about how it looks NOW, not about how stupid she's going to look when it inevitably comes out that Gabi didn't kill Li and Paulina SPECIFICALLY ordered the police to NOT investigate the case fully.

I'm just hoping Paulina can get even more airtime than she eats up now.  It's always a GREAT day in olde Salem Towne when Paulina and Rafe get even more airtime than their talentless asses get now.

I mean that in the most loving way.

• LOL 9

When Eric told Nicole that it was God’s willI, I wanted to throat punch him. Easy for him to say when he’s got a baby on the way. Doubt he’d be saying that if he knew it was his baby that “died.”

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

When Eric told Nicole that it was God’s willI, I wanted to throat punch him. Easy for him to say when he’s got a baby on the way. Doubt he’d be saying that if he knew it was his baby that “died.”

It’s a Catholic thing.  Not a fan of it either.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, mariah23 said:

It’s a Catholic thing.  Not a fan of it either.

It's not just a Catholic thing.  When my niece lost her baby, she was told the same thing by a Baptist pastor.  

I can't believe Melinda and Sloan can justify what they're doing.  You'd have to be a sociopath to think what you're doing is right.  I get it that this is a soap opera, but geez...what reason does Melinda have to do this?  

I thought the acting was better than usual today.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Phebemarie said:

It's not just a Catholic thing.  When my niece lost her baby, she was told the same thing by a Baptist pastor.  

I can't believe Melinda and Sloan can justify what they're doing.  You'd have to be a sociopath to think what you're doing is right.  I get it that this is a soap opera, but geez...what reason does Melinda have to do this?  

I thought the acting was better than usual today.

Nicole did the same to Sami but at least I understood her motivation. 

The problem with this is that it's set up very poorly. Which makes everything else about this story terrible. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Nicole did the same to Sami but at least I understood her motivation. 

Yeah greed. For Dimera money. 

And spite. Because Sami had too many babies, Nicole felt justified taking one away from her.

She can suffer forever and I would never feel sorry for her.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

A mention of Sami today: Hmmm.  Not sure I understand why Eric wants to name the baby after his sister.

I think they wanted to do that as a wink nudge to the audience that a child of Nicole's is named after a woman she despises. At least when Eric was named after his creepy uncle it was before we knew he was awful.

10 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Stefan is vile. He can die for real any time. 

They should've just written him off with Gabi tbh. She's the only character that made him viable after that Gabby/Abby storyline which made the character DOA.

23 hours ago, nilyank said:

Yeah greed. For Dimera money. 

And spite. Because Sami had too many babies, Nicole felt justified taking one away from her.

She can suffer forever and I would never feel sorry for her.

That's fine but my point is the show built it up better than this one. It's not like it came out of nowhere. Which is the problem with a lot of the current storylines they just go from point A to point Z and expect the same dramatic effect by just telling the audience instead of showing them. Which is why when it was exposed that there was an actual payoff with Nicole/Sami that this storyline won't get at all.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 7

Stefan was appalling barging into Nicole's room.  It was not entertaining in the least more disgusting.  EJ should have decked him and beat him up. I want Jake back or better yet BB can go play drug dealer Johnny Zachara on GH. 

What's next? Johnny, Jason and Carly all together I presume.  

Who asked for Clyde back? He murdered Abby. He should have been killed. 

Eric wanting to name the baby after Sami is not really making sense.  His father, his grandfather etc but Sami? 

Lol at Belle refusing to take Ava's case. Good for her.  Tripp needs to stop being team Ava so much.  He'd be a lot more interesting if he wasn't her doormat. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Eric wanting to name the baby after Sami is not really making sense.  His father, his grandfather etc but Sami? 

His twin sister? Yeah I can see why he would consider it. He is no longer married to Nicole and that was the biggest conflict between the twins.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

His twin sister? Yeah I can see why he would consider it. He is no longer married to Nicole and that was the biggest conflict between the twins.

And when you consider Sami [Samantha] was named for her aunt, her mom's identical twin, who actually tried to take over Marlena's life, logic went out the window a long time ago.

Not to mention Eric was named for Roman's uncle, Shawn Sr.'s brother, who molested Kimberly. (To be fair, I think Roman found that out after the twins were born, but he and Marlena never changed his name, so...)

And Kim and Shane's son, Andrew, was named for Shane's evil twin, Drew.

God, writing this all down, no one should be named after a relative, because they all sucked! (Except Shawn(-Douglas) being named after Shawn, Sr. and Doug, I guess!)

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think they wanted to do that as a wink nudge to the audience that a child of Nicole's is named after a woman she despises. At least when Eric was named after his creepy uncle it was before we knew he was awful.

I'm hoping (I'm sure futilely) this is a way to get Nicole to realize why Sami hates her.  The exact same thing she did to Sami is happening to her now.  I would like her to understand just how much torment she put Sami through.  While I don't think it will ever happen, I would really love it if Nicole and Sami could FINALLY get over their feud and we wouldn't be subjected to Sami/Nicole round 2,847 when Sami comes back for one of her visits - especially since we all KNOW that we're getting round 67 of Eric/Nicole.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think Eric wanting to name the baby Samuel was just a plot point to tell Sloan Nicole stealing Sami baby.I never understood why Sami never renamed Sydney though.At least when they did that storyline on young and restless the baby was named after his father so it made sense why Lauren didn't change the baby name.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And when you consider Sami [Samantha] was named for her aunt, her mom's identical twin, who actually tried to take over Marlena's life, logic went out the window a long time ago.

Not to mention Eric was named for Roman's uncle, Shawn Sr.'s brother, who molested Kimberly. (To be fair, I think Roman found that out after the twins were born, but he and Marlena never changed his name, so...)

And Kim and Shane's son, Andrew, was named for Shane's evil twin, Drew.

God, writing this all down, no one should be named after a relative, because they all sucked! (Except Shawn(-Douglas) being named after Shawn, Sr. and Doug, I guess!)

To be fair, Marlena had made peace with her sister before she was killed.

Roman was dead when we found out about Kim's molestation.  Rojohn came into the picture then Marlena died not knowing that Uncle Eric was a pedophile.  I do remember Kim calling Eric Ricky when he was a baby.  

Kim and Shane's son Andrew Shane Donovan IV was actually named after his Grandfather Andrew II, Shane's father if I am not mistaken. Shane's twin was Andrew III. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1

This show goes for the obvious and is rarely subtle...so I probably shouldn't be giving this points...

...but when Nicole hugged Abe and called him Dad? That hit me in the right way. She just lost what seems safe to assume is her last child and is grieving...Abe still doesnt have his memory back but is trying to be there for her....so in general, life is all so weird and awful that her just letting herself say something that overt...it felt earned.

This show Tells instead of Shows 99% of the time, but by chance this time it worked.

Was that the 1st time she ever called him that?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
16 hours ago, oceanblue said:

Where's Doug?  He ran the turkey trot.  Doug is almost 100.   

God, that poor man.  Bad enough he's been saddled with Julie (no comment on the real life implications of it all), but now they're making this 100 year old man run some goddam turkey trot when he, at the VERY least, should be allowed to sit on his ass and not have to interact with all the doofusses of Salem on the holiday??

Give that poor man a break.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 7

Well, Chuckling Abe is back.  Are we really supposed to care if he gets back with Paulina?  Together, those two are as exciting as listening to two accountants discuss accelerated depreciation for tax vs. regular depreciation for book.  (Yes, that topic IS as exciting as it sounds!)

• LOL 6
On 11/22/2023 at 9:09 PM, Artsda said:

Who asked for Clyde back? He murdered Abby. He should have been killed.

I really, really want a group of characters to get together, form a plan and take him out once and for all in a dynamic way. He is such a horrible, horrible piece of crap. He needs to suffer for all that he as done. Let him be mauled and eaten by killer dogs, burned alive or crushed in a trash compator. He deserves nothing less. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1