Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Did anything of interest happen today ?

yesterday Rafe and Jada were talking and I was thinking once again they are going to over focus on one Suspect.   Then Jada brings up they should interview Whitley. 

• Like 2

Tripp made waffles for breakfast. Wendy is glum that Johnny bailed again. no call or text.

Chanel and Johnny talk about being at the police station most of the night. His phone battery died so he didn’t call Wendy or really find another phone to do so. Someone calls Chanel to let her know that her mom checked out of the hospital.

Paulina goes to grill Colin about Abe. He lies about knowing where he is and then Sloan shows up as his lawyer.

Jada talks to Talia about getting counseling to learn why she helped Colin.

Fake Paulina tries to make breakfast, Abe had a dream about the real Paulina. Abe hates sausages and he said they were made with pig parts. Nurse finds part of her soap collection for Abe to watch since she disconnected the tv. And not to answer the door if anyone claims to be a cop.

Johnny tells Wendy about his night at the station.

Paulina goes back to the hospital. Her nurse twin walks in the room, Rafe shows up at the door to the nurse’s apartment and knocks.

• Like 5

So Paulina left the hospital without medical advice, but they wanted her BACK?

What are they, nuts??

So Show has Rafe at the door of the apartment where Abe is hidden away.  I bet that tomorrow Show begins with Rafe having an eyebrow emergency and leaving without knocking.

Show ends with fake Paulina in the same hospital room as real Paulina.  I hope fake Paulina came with her tranquilizer dart gun.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, boes said:

So Paulina left the hospital without medical advice, but they wanted her BACK?

What are they, nuts??

So Show has Rafe at the door of the apartment where Abe is hidden away.  I bet that tomorrow Show begins with Rafe having an eyebrow emergency and leaving without knocking.

Show ends with fake Paulina in the same hospital room as real Paulina.  I hope fake Paulina came with her tranquilizer dart gun.

After yesterday's screech fest in the police station it better be a high potency bear tranquilizer.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

I loved the 2008 Salem news breaking into the soap Abe was watching. I FELT it. (Though I have to say the local NY affiliates haven't cut into a show for a long time, even with the wildfire smoke this week. And ofc no cutting into our Peacock soap, just those ads...)

The 80s/90s fashion of a soap that aired in 2008 was a little confusing; maybe it was a "flashback"  episode? Either way, I thought that was fun and Friday's episode was my favorite ending in awhile.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, AManfred said:

I loved the 2008 Salem news breaking into the soap Abe was watching. I FELT it. (Though I have to say the local NY affiliates haven't cut into a show for a long time, even with the wildfire smoke this week. And ofc no cutting into our Peacock soap, just those ads...)

The 80s/90s fashion of a soap that aired in 2008 was a little confusing; maybe it was a "flashback"  episode? Either way, I thought that was fun and Friday's episode was my favorite ending in awhile.

It was fun. Made me remember the soap within the soap they had on One Life to Live called Fraternity Row.

Dimitri is totally going to fall for Leo, right? Leo needs it. My god he needs it.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Dimitri is totally going to fall for Leo, right? Leo needs it. My god he needs it.

I’ve suspected that this would happen since the Lois Lane scenes (where Megan tell Dimitri to charm Lois Lane referring to Gwen and in the next scenes Jada calls Leo Lois Lane in the next scene.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Deidre's acting in the soap Abe is watching is the most I've enjoyed her in years. Maybe ever

Loving Dmitri too. And absolutely he's gay and about to fall for Leo

Poor Diana. Genie was so right they had no direction for the character. 30 plus Years on they still don't 

• Like 9
10 hours ago, AManfred said:

The 80s/90s fashion of a soap that aired in 2008 was a little confusing; maybe it was a "flashback"  episode?

I thought nurse Whitley must have been recording SOAPnet reruns of the show because no way 'Body and Soul" originally aired in 2008 with that styling, lol.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

The scenes with Abe watching the "old" Soap Opera "Body & Soul" had me laughing...he looked so confused & the Deidre/Mary Beth scenes with the big hair were a Hoot.  Then when Abe saw himself on TV being introduced as the Mayor of Salem, he was so astonished.  And Rafe knocking on the door had him scared...Poor Abe was a wreck!    So, are Dmitri/Gwen & Leo all going to be in a 'storyline"?   

• Like 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

So, are Dmitri/Gwen & Leo all going to be in a 'storyline"?   

Are they planning on doing a Johnny/Chanel/Allie thing replacing siblings with BFF’s?  Or will they make them a throuple?

Edited by drtslim
  • Like 2

A year for a loveless marriage to get the inheritance?

Leo, maybe you and Gwen could make a marriage pact as something that happens at say, 45 years of age. This is Salem, town of recycling!

Kate, you need to be more clever to get rid of Megan.

That soap could have been reruns from the 80s that made it to some cable channel in 2008. Oops at Abe seeing himself being introduced as Mayor. Too bad he could not answer the door.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Loving Dmitri too. And absolutely he's gay and about to fall for Leo

I think Peter Porte knows how to walk the fine line between being campy and being too over the top that he becomes like Wacky Jack during his Wacky Jack days.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think Peter Porte knows how to walk the fine line between being campy and being too over the top that he becomes like Wacky Jack during his Wacky Jack days.

I agree that he's gotten immensely better than his introduction, so I hope it keeps up.  I mostly know him from his run on Y&R as Paul's psychopathic son and he was terrific.

I'm not happy, though, that he seems to be involved in a Leo storyline.  I can't stand the actor or the character.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, boes said:

I'm not happy, though, that he seems to be involved in a Leo storyline.  I can't stand the actor or the character.

I agree, but as long as he's Ron's favorite, we all know that's where this story is going. I just wonder if Gwen will be a willing participant in the hoax or if she will believe it when Dimitri proposes. I hope she is a willing accomplice or else she would lose the only friend she has (which is fine with me - I can't stand her).

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I agree, but as long as he's Ron's favorite, we all know that's where this story is going. I just wonder if Gwen will be a willing participant in the hoax or if she will believe it when Dimitri proposes. I hope she is a willing accomplice or else she would lose the only friend she has (which is fine with me - I can't stand her).

I hope she’s a willing participant as well because if Dimitri and/or Leo are deceiving/manipulating her for his/their own ends, it will just give her another opportunity for one of her “poor, poor Gwen, no one loves me” trips. And no one wants or needs another round of that. 

• Like 11
On 6/7/2023 at 11:29 PM, boes said:

I get it, but I just want to say I would miss your commentary.

Aww, thanks. I actually decided to sign up for the $20 a year promo. Just had to make a new account. 😆

• Like 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Love the unintentional shade of Maggie rooting for Xander to reconcile with Sarah in front of Chloe who is clearly angling (poorly) for his bed. Seriously, at what age do you dispense with coquettish hesitancy? If you want to bang him, just do it already. 🙄

Remember Chloe ferociously angling for Dan when he was with Jennifer? Sure of herself? Where did that woman go?

I guess I'm just used to a Chloe who is stronger and more clear on what she wants.

(Yes, I do judge Chloe for wanting Xander after all that's happened)

Stephanie looks nice today. Julie too! Nice Julie scenes. Very well-written.

Shut up Alex. So much. Especially about Marlena. 😡 When will he be gone?

The job shifts are so weird. A lot of hirings firings going on lately.

That Spectator set is too small for cubicles 😄 Nice idea, buuuutttt...

I continue to enjoy Emily and admire her effort but damn, I hate Gwen and her faux-reporter airs. You are garbage, girl.

Xander turning down the CEO position is idiotic. Why does he need to be around Chloe 24/7? Is he 14 years old???

What's happened to these two characters??

Love seeing Judi. Great performance as always.

Who are Maggie's existing grandkids? Parker and....?

‐------

Edit:

Chad removing his ring made me remember a similar scene from Another World, with Cass. That was gut-wrenching because A) I think he kept his ring on longer, like over a year and B) Frankie was likeable character in a fun relationship whose death, though graphic and senseless, was handled better than Abigail's.

So - shocker! - Another World was better than DOOL! 😆 I know I keep saying it but episodes like this just drive the comparison home.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

When Xander asked Maggie how Sarah felt about her wanting to hire him I was like oh honey she doesn't care what Sarah thinks lol. But honestly, I have always thought Maggie having a soft spot for Xander made sense and I like it. It's not like Sarah told her not to be friends with him anymore.

I hate that the Sarah/Xander merry-go-round is going to ruin another Xander relationship that I enjoy. Let me stop complaining though and just enjoy Xander/Chloe while they last lol. And hey, you never know, maybe they won't just go back to Xander/Sarah.

I skipped everything Chad and everything Stephanie. I couldn't possibly care less about them, separately or together. I did like Stephanie's dress though, even if it did look more like something a middle schooler would wear to eighth grade farewell than a dress an adult woman would wear during the day lol.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, boes said:

There's Melanie, through Daniel and Nathan through Melissa.

And Holly. It seems like “Holly’s spending time with Maggie” would be an easy excuse to explain her invisibility, but they never use it.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, dlyn said:

And Holly. It seems like “Holly’s spending time with Maggie” would be an easy excuse to explain her invisibility, but they never use it.

It's gobsmacking that on a show where Tony DiMera has no children, they gave that dead dud Daniel THREE. 

Edited by Guncle Adam
added additional alliteration
  • Like 7
  • Applause 6
2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Maggie rooting for Xander, period, never made sense.

Fair, but I think they did some work to justify their connection when he literally stopped her from committing suicide in prison over the whole stupid car crash thing. From then on, I could easily see why she'd feel gratitude and affection towards him.

Prior to that, though, I would agree that Xander didn't really deserve any help or support.

But I do think it's nice that Maggie is capable of giving someone that kind of love and emotional support in spite of their transgressions. She also did it with Theresa.

I'm fully biased about which characters this is okay for, though, of course.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Maggie married Victor so there’s that.  
Chad and Julie’s scenes were well written and well acted.   Interesting that Chad mentioned Abigail trying to get pregnant.  
  I feel like we have heard the line who’s pregnant a lot.  I so expected Bonnie to say me I am pregnant.   they could never beat Tony and Anna’s pregnancy brunch.  
everyone on the show looked really good and refreshed.   I need that kind of lighting in my life.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Chad moved on already and 5 mins after she died. Just called his girlfriend from the gravesite so his big goodbye speech was eye rolling. He can't take off the ring but has no problem being with Stephanie for how long now when it's the 1 year today. 

Of course the kids are gone to Jack and Jenn. Chad can't seem to care to spend 5 mins parenting them.

Bonnie's jet lag when she didn't leave the time zone and drove. Lol nice loophole of hiring your lawyer husband who is now forced into keeping the secret. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Abby's only been dead a year??  Feels like a lot more than that to me.

Credit where credit is due - Julie was very good today, in her conversation with Chad.  At least most of the time.  She started to get a little silent film star overacting towards the end but for the most part, she was compelling, sympathetic and powerful.

I doubt I'll be saying any of that again, at least not for a very long time.

Edited by boes
  • Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, boes said:

Credit where credit is due - Julie was very good today, in her conversation with Chad.  At least most of the time.  She started to get a little silent film star overacting towards the end but for the most part, she was compelling, sympathetic and powerful.

Hahaha, yeah, at the end I was starting to cringe too. She can get overwrought quickly.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, Phebemarie said:

Has anyone else noticed a change in Camila Banus and Brandon Barash's acting styles. They seem so over the top in their scenes but shallow and surface level in their emotions. 

Shallow is what it is. "My love" and other stupid dialogue too. I want them gone.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Hard to believe but Julie was once a character grounded in reality. Sure she could be bitchy etc but I feel like with a lot of these older characters they take their quirky qualities and made it their whole personality when it was only a part of it. That being said this convo should have happened before Chad moved on with Stephanie.

I mean they did this with Anna too who yes had a whacky side but she was grounded in reality despite her antics.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I liked Sloan's scenes with Eric at the Pub.  She would like a baby with Eric, but I think he is still moping over Nicole & only wants a baby with her....sheesh, he is So annoying!    On a more Shallow topic: Clothes people are wearing:  Li's "Grandpa" ill fitting sweater-vest was an odd choice, I Love Megan's fabulous sparkly necklace & her blue floral dress,  Stephanie looked odd strutting about in a red satin cocktail dress(or was it lingerie?) in the middle of the day.  Nicole & Chloe clashed with the busy printed dresses they were wearing, and Gabi had her usual too-tight dress on but it had the sleeves over her hands which I find odd.   Bonnie was wearing a white suit with a pretty green blouse & necklace that looked like she was going on a cruise :)  And her comment about Xander's "Clod hopper" shoes had me laughing :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Xander and Bonnie were funny. The Khloe Kardashian line made me laugh out loud. Then her reaction to the kissing and slapping. 

Nicole, Xander didn't ruin your marriage alone. 

• Like 8
14 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I liked Sloan's scenes with Eric at the Pub.  She would like a baby with Eric, but I think he is still moping over Nicole & only wants a baby with her....sheesh, he is So annoying!

It doesn't seem like Sloan really actually wants a child.  It's just another woman doing whatever to "keep" a man.  To me, this is just step two to the ruination of a previously independent, confident character.  The first was when she messed with the DNA test.  Eventually she will end up another doormat for "good guy" Eric - and will, of course, never be good enough for him.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

I am also sick of the "desperate to keep him" storylines women get. They are never especially good, even though I know they're a soap trope.

Theresa, Megan, Gwen, Gabi, Chloe, Kristen...they've all been dragged through this absurd song-and-dance. And, of course, Sami.

I'd prefer to see Sloan just dump Eric over her doubts about him and this clearly unresolved situation with Nicole, and then watch Eric try to get her back than her work overtime to keep him.

Just because I want him and Nicole together doesn't mean I'm thrilled to see the truck slowly backing up over Sloan in the most cliched manner.

It's never made sense how literal models are acting like they have no other romantic options than the one person they've fixated on, when in the real world, people who look like that often are the least likely to commit to any one person because they KNOW they're at the top of the dating food chain, LOL!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/14/2023 at 11:31 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I am also sick of the "desperate to keep him" storylines women get. They are never especially good, even though I know they're a soap trope.

Theresa, Megan, Gwen, Gabi, Chloe, Kristen...they've all been dragged through this absurd song-and-dance. And, of course, Sami.

See, that is what I loved about the initial EJami storyline. I loved seeing Sami being on the other side and having someone obsess over her.

On 6/14/2023 at 5:31 PM, peachmangosteen said:

The actors playing Megan and EJ were so clearly not actually in the same room at the same time for their scenes today lol. Wonder what happened there?

Reshoot, most likely.

Wendy congratulating Li on getting over his obsession with Gabi while he's secretly plotting to kill Stefan was kind of hilarious.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4

I’m surprised that Dmirtri seems to actually be liking Gwen. I didn’t think it’d go that way. I’d like him to just tell Gwen the situation and agree to share the money with her if she marries him and then they fall in love for real. I hope the spec that he’s for Leo is wrong lol.

• Like 8

Why do they still call it the "secret room"?  I'm surprised one of the Dimeras doesn't have it listed on AirBnB by now.

Considering how many times they've been locked in it, by now you'd think they would have outfitted it with more comfortable furniture and maybe, a bathroom?

Steve Burton, the guy playing Harris Michaels, was nicknamed "Block of Wood" when he was on Y&R and he hasn't gotten much better since then.  I never watched enough of GH to know what he was like there, but I hope Show isn't paying him in anything more than wood chips.

• Like 4
  • LOL 11

I thought they were just calling them "the tunnels".

The OG Secret Room was renovated and de-creepied and got filled with boxes of stuff, as spare rooms do. Kristen had one of her best scenes in there a decade ago, with John legit/faux apologizing and her breaking down in tears over everything she'd done and Brady nearly walking in. It was glorious.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think the 'secret room' is actually the wine storage room, which makes even less sense than anything else. And I love how absolutely stupid is all is lol.

It is, because Kristen was just going to go get some wine.  Is there another wine room where Harold and the rest of the staff go to get the endless quantities of wine they're always serving?  Is there another room for all the liquor bottles?  If not, do the servants just routinely walk in on someone tied up and just ignore them?   I also love how it seems the only way to access this particular room is through the "secret" door behind the sculpture.  If they run out of something during a party do the servants just walk through and open the door?  This "secret" room is causing me to have more questions than all the ever expanding apartments in Salem.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Today’s episode…

Very surprised they didn’t have Eric show up at the hospital for some convoluted reason so he could be with Nicole for her appointment. We all know this kid will be his. 

They continue to ruin Sloan. She was awesome before this. No she’s a clingy, desperate woman.  😞

Steve Burton is just playing Jason Morgan again. Ugh. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Today’s episode…

Very surprised they didn’t have Eric show up at the hospital for some convoluted reason so he could be with Nicole for her appointment. We all know this kid will be his. 

They continue to ruin Sloan. She was awesome before this. No she’s a clingy, desperate woman.  😞

Steve Burton is just playing Jason Morgan again. Ugh. 

You are 100% right.  Are we really going to have to wait until the kid needs a blood transfusion or something before we find out that the kid is Eric's?  (Of course, it's because it was Eric's, not EJ's that Nicole was able to carry to term at all.  Further proof of their DESTINED LOVE.)  And why does Nicole keep referencing since Holly was born - she didn't carry Holly.  She should be referencing advances made since HER last pregnancy - not Chloe's.

Sloan is proof that this show can't actually have independent, capable women.  (At least not until they're post-menopausal - I'm really liking Kate's "I'll just deal with this myself" attitude.)  All we're missing from Sloan now is the weepy apology 87 times in a row, while Eric scowls and lets her know how disappointed he is.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

You are 100% right.  Are we really going to have to wait until the kid needs a blood transfusion or something before we find out that the kid is Eric's?  (Of course, it's because it was Eric's, not EJ's that Nicole was able to carry to term at all.  Further proof of their DESTINED LOVE.)  And why does Nicole keep referencing since Holly was born - she didn't carry Holly.  She should be referencing advances made since HER last pregnancy - not Chloe's.

Sloan is proof that this show can't actually have independent, capable women.  (At least not until they're post-menopausal - I'm really liking Kate's "I'll just deal with this myself" attitude.)  All we're missing from Sloan now is the weepy apology 87 times in a row, while Eric scowls and lets her know how disappointed he is.

Nicole keeps referencing Holly's conception because surrogacy was their 2nd option. Nicole intended to carry Holly originally but was told she wouldn't be successful. So Holly would be the last time Nicole looked into/explored carrying a child. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2