Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I fell asleep, rewound and fell asleep again.  I am giving it another try.

So Sergio trades bitcoin?  He must be lucky with it, he does not seem smart enough.

I think trading bitcoins is the equivalent of people who were "day traders" a decade ago.

Bitcoins represent nothing of value and are the equivalent of the tulip bubble in 17th Century Holland.

Those who trade in bitcoins aren't smart - they just rode a bubble which crashed recently. 

And it attracts a lot of scammers and grifters - PK on the BH franchise also said he is involved in some kind of crypto currency speculation. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, retired watcher said:

Lack of replies does not bode well. Boring reunion for a boring show. Caroline S looked like an idiot with that book. The only good part was some of the others trying to outdo Ayan's outfit.

I was not loving any of what these women wore on the reunion, Ayan's outfit left me wondering if Big Bird was plucked clean for her dress.  The whole cast's dresses was a tribute to tacky.  The HW who sat next to Ayan was a deep breath away from making that reunion R rated.

Stanbury's cosmetic surgeon did her a diservice.  Also, she has one aig and needs someone to tote it, (I could not help myself, I had to throw in a 90 Day reference). What sort of deep conversations does she and Sergio have, he does not seem bright.  I half watched this series but feel like I had seen enough but still don't know what Stanbury does for a living.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

The HW who sat next to Ayan was a deep breath away from making that reunion R rated.

And apparently used the leftover big Bird feathers for her outfit.

Nina and Sarah looked ok.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Stanbury's cosmetic surgeon did her a diservice.  Also, she has one aig and needs someone to tote it, (I could not help myself, I had to throw in a 90 Day reference). What sort of deep conversations does she and Sergio have, he does not seem bright.  I half watched this series but feel like I had seen enough but still don't know what Stanbury does for a living.

HA!  She did look like an egg, puffy and fat.  I know it is fillers, but I cannot understand why people think puffy = good.

I don't really know what any of them do, except now we know that Nina makes fruitcakes.

Also, Meena Roe is a horrible name, all I can think of is fish eggs.  Did her husband say the 8 figures 🙄 is net or gross?

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

I actually liked the reunion a lot.  It was interesting when Andy asked the women about the backlash Bravo faced for doing a show in Dubai and about women's rights and homosexuality.  Ayan had a good point -- the right to abortion was struck down by the supreme court and various countries have laws that are restrictive and nonprogressive.  When it comes to homosexuality, they claim that gay people are able to live in peace there and nobody can do PDA.  Does anyone know how it is for gays?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Something about Brooks doesn't ring true.  I can't put my finger on it, but something is off.

Maybe that crown she wore is too tight on her head?  That crown looked like something that Ursula, the Sea Witch from "The Little Mermaid" would wear.

All of these women seem "off" to me.  Something just screams inauthentic from all of them, maybe with the exception of Nina.

Maybe because they are all just sooo extra and self-involved?  Their egos are completely over-inflated.

I have to admit, though, there are times that I do like Caroline Stanbury.  She is unapologetically herself, bitchiness and snobbery included.  I think her marriage is not going to last long, because Sergio is clearly just a very immature, not too bright boytoy she bought and I doubt that she's going to get pregnant anytime soon.  

I liked Nina, too.  The rest - it's hard to figure out because they spend so much time screaming over each other, trying to prove they are the best of everything in the room.  

• Love 10

I did laugh at them calling out Sergio for never playing soccer. I also laughed at Nina saying to Ayan "do you want a cookie?" and Ayan responding "I would, my blood sugar is low."

Are Naomi Campbell and Andy really that good of friends that she randomly calls him? 

I can't with Brooks

• Love 8

Several of them were trying too hard. Three of them looked like they were going to a costume party. Even though Ayan is so extra, I like her. She has a vulnerability about her and she is on the razor's edge with her mental health.

• Like 3
  • Love 10

I was THRILLED that they publicly called out Sergio NOT playing for Real Madrid, ever. Brooks trying to explain that he was benched but making it come off like nbd was hilarious to me. HE NEVER GOT ONTO THE PITCH AS A REAL MADRID PLAYER

Also, is Brooks that far up Stanbury’s ass that she has to cape so hard for Sergio or is she in love with him?  Brooks tried harder to do damage control for him than his wife.

Stanbury being more concerned about scrubbing your SM bc you become a public figure over the actual problem of racism was 😒

Stanbury will not have another baby- 2 years? Honey, you’re like 46 now. Surrogate or not, the woman is buying herself time (“I’m not having a child before I move into my house that’s still underconstruction… it’s a priority for him, not for me…”). What’s the over/under for this marriage because you know she’s been planning her divorce the second she put that diamond on her finger.

Sarah is absolute scum. She threatened  Ayan with a police report. An Emirati accusing a non-Emirati of wrong doing in the UAE is serious and scary. Phony, trashy bitch. Her new chin implant makes her face look twice as long as it did and she looks ridiculous.

So, Nina…now it’s fruit cake and fries?

• Like 1
  • Love 9

None of the women are likable.

Obviously Stanbury did not watch housewives or she would have held off on fillers till after it was filmed (i.e. Vicki getting plastic surgery pre season 8 of OC).

Aylan is fake and people fawning over her makes me laugh because she wouldn't give most people the time of day.  Also, overly sensitive 

Lesa should thank her hubby because without his experience in finance, her line would just be a novelty line without actual sales backing it.

Sara...not sure who the real Sara is.

Nina..beautiful dress..but not sure what she brought to the show.  

Brooks...wear that crown...closest she'll ever get to one.

• Love 5

These women must have watched the show and decided to come to the reunion with guns a-blazin'.  I was a little taken aback by some of the alliances and newly formed enemies.  Some of these issues have obviously come up post filming.  I wonder if Ayan's popularity is rubbing some of the women the wrong way.  Or, it could have been some of the interviews she's done.  Can't wait for next week... and the Book of Lies!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I also laughed at Nina saying to Ayan "do you want a cookie?" and Ayan responding "I would, my blood sugar is low."

I'm pretty sure she responded by saying that her "blood pressure" was low ('cause I gave her the side-eye), which means she has no idea what the difference between blood sugar and blood pressure is!!  A cookie isn't going to help your blood pressure, Ayan!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

I could not understand this fruitcake business?  Nobody likes fruitcake.  I had to Google it and it turns out that the fruit cake is more of a layered vanilla cake and custard topped with fresh fruit.  The article describes Nina's love of cooking.  Okay, now it makes more sense!

https://itp.live/news/10349-lifestyle-influencer-nina-alis-new-delectable-business-fruit-cake-will-now-be-the-cherry-on-top-at-any-celebration

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 9/1/2022 at 3:51 PM, heatherchandler said:

HA!  She did look like an egg, puffy and fat.  I know it is fillers, but I cannot understand why people think puffy = good

seriously, those enormously inflated lips just make them look like they're having a severe allergic reaction.

'I make fruitcakes!' Was so random, I burst out laughing at how indignant she said that line.

The Book of Lies is kind of hilarious, and needs to be posted in full somewhere. 

It was weird how angry Ayan was at, seemingly, everyone.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I could not understand this fruitcake business?  Nobody likes fruitcake.  I had to Google it and it turns out that the fruit cake is more of a layered vanilla cake and custard topped with fresh fruit.  The article describes Nina's love of cooking.  Okay, now it makes more sense!

https://itp.live/news/10349-lifestyle-influencer-nina-alis-new-delectable-business-fruit-cake-will-now-be-the-cherry-on-top-at-any-celebration

I think I remember these fruit cakes set out at her Thanksgiving diner in the Ferris wheel.  

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

seriously, those enormously inflated lips just make them look like they're having a severe allergic reaction.

'I make fruitcakes!' Was so random, I burst out laughing at how indignant she said that line.

The Book of Lies is kind of hilarious, and needs to be posted in full somewhere. 

It was weird how angry Ayan was at, seemingly, everyone.

There had been a lot of nasty SM activity leading up to the reunion & they’ve been coming at Ayan & Lesa, in particular. 

• Useful 3

Lesa, please put your gross fake clown boobs away. You're an embarrassment and a cliche. Give everyone a break.

Also, pulling in seven figures for a business is not that big a deal. I know many women whose businesses, which they truly built from the ground up, pull in more than that and are sustainable and growing. Let's have details: is it $1,000,000 or $9,999,999? Is that gross income for the business, before you pay for salaries or consultants, supplies, storage, office space, shipping, marketing, etc.?

Ayan is a petulant child who thrives on attention. She thinks that whoever talks loudest and longest (clapping hands extra) wins.

I like the fashion the two women on the end have worn throughout the season. I didn't mind Carolyn S.'s short black sparkly suit. Her earrings were divine.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Lesa, please put your gross fake clown boobs away. You're an embarrassment and a cliche. Give everyone a break.

Also, pulling in seven figures for a business is not that big a deal. I know many women whose businesses, which they truly built from the ground up, pull in more than that and are sustainable and growing. Let's have details: is it $1,000,000 or $9,999,999? Is that gross income for the business, before you pay for salaries or consultants, supplies, storage, office space, shipping, marketing, etc.?

Ayan is a petulant child who thrives on attention. She thinks that whoever talks loudest and longest (clapping hands extra) wins.

I like the fashion the two women on the end have worn throughout the season. I didn't mind Carolyn S.'s short black sparkly suit. Her earrings were divine.

They did say that the 7 figures was in UAE dirham, which is .27 to the American dollar.  

I don't know why these women are bickering about who is more successful.  Financially, they all seem to be doing extremely well (helluva lot better than me, that's for sure), and they should stop with the petty comparisons.  Who cares if Sergio didn't get to play in Real Madrid games, he was on the roster and got paid as part of their pro team.  It's a lot of nitpicking over nothing.

• Love 4
On 9/3/2022 at 4:24 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

There had been a lot of nasty SM activity leading up to the reunion & they’ve been coming at Ayan & Lesa, in particular. 

What are they saying?

13 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

That’s what I was asking, is it net or gross?  Big difference.  You can make 10 million and be in the red.  

Lesa wants to be taken seriously in business but acts like this on a tv show?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

What are they saying?

That’s what I was asking, is it net or gross?  Big difference.  You can make 10 million and be in the red.  

Lesa wants to be taken seriously in business but acts like this on a tv show?

There was one scene where her husband was trying to explain to her about money and what she needed to do to make a profit..and she dismissed him.

Quite frankly Ayan is a professional victim and she would be difficult to be around in person.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

There was one scene where her husband was trying to explain to her about money and what she needed to do to make a profit..and she dismissed him.

Quite frankly Ayan is a professional victim and she would be difficult to be around in person.

I have a feeling she doesn’t comprehend the difference between net and gross.  She wants to be seen as a boss but she seems to lack the intelligence to actually earn respect as the company leader.

• Love 4

So the only time we truly see Nina upset is over a fruitcake. The cast have called her a liar, boring, inauthentic, two-faced, all to which she remained calm, but God forbid you mess with her fruitcake business.  Who in their right mind even likes fruitcake? That was the one Christmas present that we always made sure to regift to some other poor, unfortunate soul. 

I love how Caroline doesn't even have a first name. They just call her "Brooks," which is probably fitting given all the off putting and shady "Brooks" we've had in the franchise - RHOC (Brooks Ayers) and RHOSC (Brooks Marks). 🤮

Ayan on her own = endearing.  Ayan with Lesa = over the top annoying. Be gone with this whole cast! Be gone! Stanbury can't even provide appropriate facial expressions given all the fillers. 

• Love 2

Caroline Brooks= wow! I really like this lady. Talking about her son...talking about her marriage ending & the reconcilliation. 🥲 Not to mention she's gorgeous. She deserves that crown. Get it, girl!!

Chanel seemed all but alone in her coming after Stanbury. She quieted down a bit after the "minions" comment/ fight. 

Stanbury seems more tamed since her "Ladies of London" days. I'm still totally perplexed by the Sergio relationship but if it works for them then who is anyone to judge. I feel like he's an airhead though. Seems like a stereotypical "boy toy." But he seems to be obsessed with Caroline so good for her. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2022 at 3:20 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

I was THRILLED that they publicly called out Sergio NOT playing for Real Madrid, ever. Brooks trying to explain that he was benched but making it come off like nbd was hilarious to me. HE NEVER GOT ONTO THE PITCH AS A REAL MADRID PLAYER

Also, is Brooks that far up Stanbury’s ass that she has to cape so hard for Sergio or is she in love with him?  Brooks tried harder to do damage control for him than his wife.

Stanbury being more concerned about scrubbing your SM bc you become a public figure over the actual problem of racism was 😒

Stanbury will not have another baby- 2 years? Honey, you’re like 46 now. Surrogate or not, the woman is buying herself time (“I’m not having a child before I move into my house that’s still underconstruction… it’s a priority for him, not for me…”). What’s the over/under for this marriage because you know she’s been planning her divorce the second she put that diamond on her finger.

Sarah is absolute scum. She threatened  Ayan with a police report. An Emirati accusing a non-Emirati of wrong doing in the UAE is serious and scary. Phony, trashy bitch. Her new chin implant makes her face look twice as long as it did and she looks ridiculous.

Yes, I made such a face at that bombshell of Ayan’s! And then they sped right past it! They didn’t actually explore that at all; I’m guessing because Andy has no clue how bad that is. Like you said, an Emirati threatening the police on a non-Emirati is a huge problem. Lowered my opinion of Sara a helluva lot. She can pretend to be all love and light, but that was a textbook example of stereotypically entitled Gulf behavior.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/5/2022 at 11:40 PM, TheCouchPotato said:

So the only time we truly see Nina upset is over a fruitcake. The cast have called her a liar, boring, inauthentic, two-faced, all to which she remained calm, but God forbid you mess with her fruitcake business.  Who in their right mind even likes fruitcake? That was the one Christmas present that we always made sure to regift to some other poor, unfortunate soul. 

I love how Caroline doesn't even have a first name. They just call her "Brooks," which is probably fitting given all the off putting and shady "Brooks" we've had in the franchise - RHOC (Brooks Ayers) and RHOSC (Brooks Marks). 🤮

Ayan on her own = endearing.  Ayan with Lesa = over the top annoying. Be gone with this whole cast! Be gone! Stanbury can't even provide appropriate facial expressions given all the fillers. 

lol! The first and last time I had fruitcake was at an office surprise Santa thing. I exchanged the gift I originally got (cookies) with a coworker who didn't want her fruitcake. I was trying to be nice and figured well, I like almost any cake anyway. Nope! I gave the fruitcake to my mom, who surprisingly enjoyed it. 

On 9/6/2022 at 10:48 AM, Thumper said:

See above — Nina’s fruit cake is “is more of a layered vanilla cake and custard topped with fresh fruit.”   So, different than the holiday fruitcake we think of!

I noticed that! Her cake looks delicious. 

• LOL 1