Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: The Demon of Money

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

Oh. My. God. 

WHOA. Those last five minutes or so were INTENSE. And terrifying. Holy shit, I need to catch my breath. 

Okay. So. That ending...cannot bode well for the finale. Um. Yeah. Between that, Sheryl and Leland realizing that Kristen's aware something's up with Andy, and Laura's suggestion to Dr. Boggs about how that "story" he wrote about the family* should end, I'm really, REALLY scared for whatever they've got planned next week. 

*That manuscript felt very "All work and no play...", didn't it? There's going to be a "Redrum" moment in that story, isn't there? 

Creepy stuff with that demon, or whatever it was, following people. I'm glad they were able to figure out a way to get it to leave them alone - "I've got a stock tip for you" made me laugh. HA. Leave it to Kristen... That scene with Ben being followed by it was tense. And again, I had the exact same reaction Kristen did when that guy started talking about how his face got all messed up, and what happened with his wife's implants. Ick. 

On a significantly lighter note, loved that Kristen got to celebrate her birthday, not once, but twice, with her family and friends :). Grace was so cute with the girls, it was nice to see her getting to have a little bit of fun, even if only briefly. And the girls singing "Beverly Hills" was entertaining :p. Hee. 

So. Yeah. I'm both anxious and incredibly nervous about whatever they've got planned for the finale next week. If it's in any way as intense as the end of this episode was, I'm going to need to prepare myself ahead of time :p. 

• Like 2
  • Love 11

This was a terrifically funny episode, Grace Ling should have been pointing out Demons left and right at Kristen's Birthday Party.

Kristen: This is my daughter Lexis.

Grace Ling: Why the F*ck does she have a tail?

Kristen: This is my mother.

Grace Ling: I banish you to hell, Demon!

Grace Ling:  Your Father will be back Next Thursday...   in a body bag.

Grace Ling would be dead right now if Leland would have sent somebody competent to kill her. Of course Grace Ling is going to ID Leland as the killer and the Church will do nothing and Leland will walk around all next season like nothing happened.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

Kristen's solution to getting rid of the demon by inflicting it on that douchey guy is hilarious. A little mean, but hilarious.

Kurt has truly gone off the rails. Either he didn't actually look at everything he typed, or worse, he did, and decided it made complete sense. I hope the ending Laura created isn't actually about to come true.

Based on what Grace told Kristen, it seems like Lexis really didn't see the manager as a demon and being in a loving family is keeping her from going over to the dark side like her grandmother. Of course Grace could immediately clock that something is off about Sheryl. When Grace told Sheryl she won't hold her responsible for what happens, I thought at first it was about Andy, but I guess it was actually about Leland coming after Grace. Grace also told the kids their dad would be home soon, but, uh, I'm not so sure about that. And why didn't she tell Kristen about what Sheryl's up to? 

Was not expecting the Monsignor to die saving Grace from Leland. At least Leland got injured too and Grace will be able to tell everyone what happened. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, phalange said:

Kristen's solution to getting rid of the demon by inflicting it on that douchey guy is hilarious. A little mean, but hilarious.

Kurt has truly gone off the rails. Either he didn't actually look at everything he typed, or worse, he did, and decided it made complete sense. I hope the ending Laura created isn't actually about to come true.

Based on what Grace told Kristen, it seems like Lexis really didn't see the manager as a demon and being in a loving family is keeping her from going over to the dark side like her grandmother. Of course Grace could immediately clock that something is off about Sheryl. When Grace told Sheryl she won't hold her responsible for what happens, I thought at first it was about Andy, but I guess it was actually about Leland coming after Grace. Grace also told the kids their dad would be home soon, but, uh, I'm not so sure about that. And why didn't she tell Kristen about what Sheryl's up to? 

Was not expecting the Monsignor to die saving Grace from Leland. At least Leland got injured too and Grace will be able to tell everyone what happened. 

Hopefully this is some 4D chess where Grace had to let Sheryl take the info to Leland so he'd make a move on her as part of some bigger picture move to take down Leland and Demon Corp.

• Love 9

Somebody’s gotta make a proper Margarita for Kristen. No can, no pop rocks, just a normal grownup beverage.

9 hours ago, phalange said:

I love this show’s humour. 

9 hours ago, phalange said:

Kurt has truly gone off the rails.

I just want him to finish his book already. Every week I have the dreaded Alouette song stuck in my head for days after. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

First off, this was batcrap crazy in the best way.

I think I remember a screenshot of Kurt's manuscript as he was typing, and it looked normal. Maybe that was looking through his eyes. He has no idea what he's getting into with this whole cash for his "spiritual awakening" deal.

Truce! Here's a stock tip! I laughed out loud.

"I don't blame you for what happens Thursday," was the best line to put Sheryl off-balance. 

The last few minutes, I gotta stop watching this show at 6 a.m. Leland needs to get some form of punishment for this. Maybe is was all a part of "Five Eyes" plan. Leland takes a fall and/or really comes to "see the light." S4 will find him just walking through a park with that insipid grin on his face. I half expected Sister Andrea to come in and take Leland out. You don't mess with her. 

"Tell Father Ignatius I love..." /dies. A heartbreaking moment. 

Ben and his sister are wonderful. I swear this cast has the best chemistry I've seen in a long time on a TV show.

Finale next week? It's going to be either satisfying or frustrating. Probably both.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, phalange said:

And why didn't she tell Kristen about what Sheryl's up to? 

I don't think that would do any good. Kristen knows her mother is a bad influence on the girls but allows her total access anyway. I'll never understand how Kristen can worry so much about Leland when Sheryl is just as bad and much closer.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Whoa! That ending. 😳 Never see that coming, thought it’s gonna be Grace. RIP Monsignor Korecki.

The Entity (and the church) have underestimated Leland. Now they have a good reason to assassinate him but we know the show won’t go there.

So now Grace will be placed under Vatican’s WitSec or something? Away from Leland.

Happy to see that Feliz Navidad dog again!

So, Sheryl is working for DF Global Solutions huh.

“Am here to offer a truce. I got a stock tip for you.” Kristen is such a mean girl! 😂

Kurt’s arc is the weakest part of this episode. What happened to his Eat Pray Love from Bali to Queens’ book? Doesn’t he realize that he is writing some kind of grooming materials for Leland?

I still don’t care for the 4Ls but like their interactions with Grace. I hope Andy will come home, alive. Or does the show want to make it simpler for Kristen? I really don’t want Andy’s fate to be a cliffhanger. Please don’t do that EVIL.

Grace telling Sheryl, “I won’t blame you. For tomorrow night.” Arghhh, she’s a saint. I will definitely blame Sheryl for almost everything. Evil Rad-G.

What I love the most about this episode are David’s interactions with Grace. The way they talk to each other and their soothing voices. Great dynamic. ❤️ 

82C8C1ED-709C-4576-AC53-6CC844248447.jpeg

• Love 9

I like how the cases of the week are tying into the larger arc. It was fairly obvious the stock was for the company Leland and Sheryl work for.

Apparently Leland isn't up for the big jobs, I fear who they send next. I thought they were going to kill Andy, but apparently it's not time for that yet.

• Love 6

The show continues to be both shocking and creepy at the same time. Who didn't think that Grace was going to be killed by Leland only to have it be  Monsignor  Korecki at the last moment save her and whisper to her to tell Father Ignatius that he loved him.   And Grace may not be mad at Sheryl for giving the info to Leland but I am guessing that other people will.   

Clever as always our Kristen. Getting rid of the stock tip demon by giving the stock tip to the misogynist dude make trouble for her.

Well Kurt Bogg's bad back has gotten better. Looks like his mind has gotten worse. You decide if it evens out in the end.  I mean getting reviews from Kristen's daughter was kinda funny but still also kinda sad.

I really liked Grace's scene with Kristen where she told Kristen that she needed to help guild Lexis and that she was a good girl but there were people out there who wanted her to do bad thing.  I thought that scene hit its mark for me.

Another really great episode with a stunning ending.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Well Kurt Bogg's bad back has gotten better. Looks like his mind has gotten worse. You decide if it evens out in the end.  I mean getting reviews from Kristen's daughter was kinda funny but still also kinda sad.

When he hung up the phone he said something like, "I'm good!" while hopping around all giddy. 

• Love 3

I actually cried a little at the ending and I didn't know I liked the Monsignor that much?? I mean, it was likely because of his last words, but still. 

...Can't help but be relieved it wasn't Grace though. I love her.

Continue to love Kristen's daughters, too. Terrified about Andy. Still disgusted with Sheryl. Still absolutely adore Ben and his sister.

As too-far-gone as Kurt is, I still thought it was cute how happy he was that the girls liked his book. Also, Laura saying he needs to END it, not leave things open-ended, made me think of this board and people not pleased with how many plots on the show aren't really ENDED-ended. 😇

For a moment I wondered if the pen from the bank (or wherever) had something to do with the passing of the shadow demon thing, ha. 

I can't believe there's only one episode left!!

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I don’t understand why Grace didn’t tell her Entity bodyguards about Leland coming to kill her.  You would think they would put a bodyguard outside her room based on how protective they were of her at that kid’s party place.

I thought it was hilarious that the priests kept bringing her GIANT inflatable pool toys. Typical of some guys to think that bigger will be better.

Since Grace likes Kristen’s kids, maybe next season Grace can watch them instead of Cheryl while Kristen is out demon hunting. I can imagine the girls braiding Grace’s hair and showing her how to play video games.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

I originally thought the guy had bandages on his face because he took on a demon and lost.  But then he started talking about giving away literally everything he bought with his newfound wealth, including the surgery he had done with his eye, and I thought "oh no.."

That was an interesting way to get rid of Supermarket Asshole Guy.  I actually laughed out loud-I shouldn't have, but I did. 

The fact that the Dr.'s story could only be read through a mirror alone is bad news.  The fact that the L girls figured it out, AND apparently seem to love the story, can't be good either.  What was the part about the girl kiling her mom...?

Although I'm wondering at this point if that means Kristen will kill her own Mom.  The show's already established how far Kristen might go to protect her children, and if she finds out even half of what Cheryl has been up to with Lexis and Leyland, she'll have pretty much signed her death warrant.  I won't bet against the show going there.

Edited by StarBrand
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, phalange said:

Grace also told the kids their dad would be home soon, but, uh, I'm not so sure about that.

She didn’t say “alive”. I’m fearing the worst. 

11 hours ago, WAnglais1 said:

Truce! Here's a stock tip! I laughed out loud.

That was hilarious. One short sentence and they cut away. That’s all that was needed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Wow. That made me cry. 

I did love Kristen's response to getting the stock tip: passing it along to that douchebag who harasses women. 

The story of the four girls and their mother, one daughter killing their mother, didn't set off any alarms in the girls who have been dealing with Leland? 

"fuck satan!" what does he expect?? This is something that is known to want more and more from you, in exchange for success. 

I really like Grace, and I'm glad that she's okay, but I'm sorry to see those priests murdered. As soon as she told Sheryl that she wouldn't blame her, I knew they were going to try to kill her. I wish she'd be a little more direct when it comes to what she sees, instead of expecting people to guess. I blame Sheryl, as well as Leland.

On 8/7/2022 at 7:27 AM, ferjy said:

I just want him to finish his book already. Every week I have the dreaded Alouette song stuck in my head for days after. 

I know. I was making my tea after watching that first bit, and started singing the song automatically. 

I laughed out loud when I saw who Kristen was passing the stock tip to, as well. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Grace’s drawing - it is Andy’s view.

Can this be a good (helpful) clue?

08DA5A79-5407-4BA4-84F1-5A7903C64DF9.jpeg

No, but it got the ball rolling on the other end to get things to start happening.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow! So much ground covered. I keep wondering why Kristen hasn't told David/Ben about Boggs's book. And when she saw the weird language, and the backwards text, why didn't SHE turn the mss. around. She's a little worried...she changed her mind about referring the rich guy to Boggs. But not enough to be careful of what Boggs is doing.

As for Andy...I don't think they'll kill him off. I don't know why, it just fits in with the weird way the show makes things turn out.

However, we are now at the point where there is a witness to Leland murdering someone (and attempting to kill Grace). So there has to be police involvement, RIGHT? RIGHT?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

As for Andy...I don't think they'll kill him off. I don't know why, it just fits in with the weird way the show makes things turn out.

I don't see how they can not kill Andy, he knows that Sheryl was part of his kidnapping, how can they both exist on the show at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I don't see how they can not kill Andy, he knows that Sheryl was part of his kidnapping, how can they both exist on the show at the same time.

I say Sheryl dies. She'll either be tossed into the mess by Leland as he escapes, or Leland will kill her. Or something else. Probably something else. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, kwnyc said:

Wow! So much ground covered. I keep wondering why Kristen hasn't told David/Ben about Boggs's book. And when she saw the weird language, and the backwards text, why didn't SHE turn the mss. around.

So much stuff happens on this show that shouldn't/wouldn't happen if the characters reacted like real humans.  Kristen would have told about the book, Kristen would have held the book up to the mirror herself (even a child could see it was backwards), Kristen wouldn't have left the book where her kids could get it and stay up all night reading it, Kristen would have noticed that the book wasn't where she left it, Grace would have seen Sheryl is a monster, Grace would have told Kristen her mother is a monster, Sheryl wouldn't get away with sneaking a photo where EVERYONE COULD SEE HER DOING IT... aaagggh! 😱

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

"Tell Father Ignatius I love..." Ouch, my heart. I am really glad that Grace is alive, the woman is truly a saint, but I am not happy to see the Monsignor go. 

Thank god for this shows crazy dark humor, Kristen setting the demon on the asshole guy was a hilarious way to kill two birds with one stone. She's got a great stock tip for you, that was so mean but also so hilarious. I desperately needed that laugh.

I really liked the talk Grace had with Kristen about Lexis, that she's a good kid but is going to need some extra guidance because so many people want to guide her in the wrong direction. Lexis has been resisting the pull of the dark side, despite Sheryl's manipulations, but the dark side isn't done with her yet. Now if Grace could just tell Kristen that her mom that she is the absolute fucking worst!

I like how much they are trying the stories together. The cases of the week, the many supporting characters, the book, Leland and Sheryl, the girls, everything is all clearly building up to something. Shit is about to go DOWN for the finale. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 6

I was 100% sure that Grace telling Sheryl she wouldn't blame her for 'tomorrow' meant the end for Andy. Of course it became clear that she knew Leland was coming for her - though I don't understand why she just sat there and let him come. Did she also foresee the Monsignor saving her? And if so, why was she okay with letting that happen? Bigger picture? 

And she promised the girls Andy would be coming home next Thursday. She didn't specify he'd be coming home alive :(

Kurt Fuller is so good - Boggs' descent into madness is as fun to watch as it is horrific.

Ben remains my favourite character.

Given where we are with one episode remaining and the fact (I think, but not positive) that they were finished filming before the renewal announcement, I am really anxious to see what the finale holds.

• Love 8

The demon reminded me of the demon in the movie “It Follows” which was passed around thru sex. I did wonder why the uncle would pass on the tip to his niece if he knew it was evil. If he passed it on before he knew, it would have stopped following him and he wouldn’t have needed to cut out his nose and eye. It was creepy following Ben.

I also felt sad about the Monsignor and would love Leland and Sheryl to die but I guess they are needed for the show. I also have the song stuck in my head and my husband was whistling it until I told him it conjures the devil! Lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 2